The Escapist Avatar Adventure: An Open RP (Now Re-Opened!)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 . . . 808 NEXT

"Teri, remind me to never make Slindis angry."

She edged around the battle field, keeping her focus on her constructs as she did so when she heard those words. Confusion crossed her face for a moment, and that was when she saw it - Pure unadulterated wrath from the Paladin's assault upon the Guardian. Swords flew against metal; elements and affinities changing on the fly as the Paladin tore into the creature. If it weren't for Slindis' appearance, Teri might have mistaken her for Caim.

"Good God... And I thought her Shadow was terrible enough."

"I think you're misunderstanding me. I just wanna make sure that their darkness doesn't stain you. Your soul sings because you're useful to your friends, but it's not screaming for blood. If there's anything I'm a good judge of, it's character."

As she relfected this, she remembered the Devil had a few more words about those she was surrounded by, and answered, "Yes, they may enjoy battle. That is who they are. But you are forgetting, or at least, deciding to omit, that there is goodness in their hearts as well. Perhaps it's just that you choose not to look at those qualities within them."

She paused, gripping her staff tightly, "As for myself... You said so before I came here. If I must be in a position of moderation or balance, then being among these 'sinners' is where I belong."

Dimension: Avatar Adventures Universe

Time: Morning | January 2nd

Corrupted Temple of Light: Aftan | Altea | Akane | Angelus | Cadolbolg | Caim | David | Devon | Ella | Gabrielle | Jake | Kalastryn | Kurumu | Kud | Kyre | Mark | Melethia | Puce | Riki | Rugal | Slindis | Tajuh | Teri | Ton Ton

In the back of Teri's mind, there was the sound of palm meeting face that seemed to echo for quite some time. She could imagine a grimace that passed over The Fallen One's face as the palm came up to greet it. She would have found it quite a humerous image if it wasn't for her current environment.

" I'm not saying that they're bad people or that they're all hell bound. I just want you to remember who you are and don't let these people influence who you are too much. The world isn't ready for Cleric Teri Gravel, Cartel Crime Boss, Cleric Gravel, angry Dragon Riding Swordsman, or Princess Teri, warrior princess Paladin." The daemon said as he tried to explain his words opting to sit down in the moddle of the stormy field.

" I dunno kiddo, I think you're pretty cool for who you are and as your *COUGH*friend, I advice that you refrain from letting these people influence who you are too much. There ARE good qualities to them... I mean look at the couples and the threesomes... Happy.. and in love. You should be happier, you know?"

David
David screamed and threw his gun at the floor in anger at the fact his attack failed to end the Guardian, now he'd just regenerate and kill them all and there wasn't a single gun or bullet he had that could stop it.
"THAT'S IT! EVERYONE PULL BACK! WE NEED TO GET BACK TO TH-SLIN! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!" He stopped as Slindis began her final assault.
After a prolonged and extremely graphic display of what this woman could do, David stood there, confused and extremely intimidated of the Drow.
"....How...did she...." He said as the guardian seemed to finally become still.
Thus he merely gave out a sigh of relief.
"...Let's just get the stone before we run into it's bigger brother or something..." He said as he watched Riki near the stone.
He didn't pass any heed to the fact that Rugal could have been killed by the fall.

Diablo1099 has been promoted to Co-GM XD

Guardian/David
Following the efforts of the group as well as Slindis's brutal finishing assault, the Guardian was defeated and was now laying still, much to the relief of everyone.
Then it stirred again.
"...OH FOR THE LOVE OF FUCK!" David exclaimed as the group braced themselves for another horrible up-hill battle.
Then something became clear: The Machine itself was down for the count, but it seemed like something was trying to get out of it.
Soon, the chest of the beast was kicked open by the pilot of the Guardian, a rather young and beat up looking Angel Trooper, most likely put inside by Dark Tomoya.

"s-s-s-STAPH! i-i-i-I GIVE UP! just d-d-d-Don't hit me again!" he said as he limped away from the wreaked Guardian, clearly beaten.
Slindis looked inside the cockpit, the entirety of which was covered in runes.
David crept behind her and started peering in.
"So that thing was controlled?...Dang...if I knew that, I could have tried AP. Rounds, hit the man instead of the machine." he scratched his head.
"Think this thing still works after the beating we gave it?"

Corrupted Temple of Light: Aftan | Altea | Akane | Angelus | Cadolbolg | Caim | David | Devon | Ella | Gabrielle | Jake | Kalastryn | Kurumu | Kud | Kyre | Mark | Melethia | Puce | Riki | Rugal | Slindis | Tajuh | Teri | Ton Ton

Teri couldn't help but smile faintly at the "possibilities" that Lucifer detailed, and a soft laugh echoed in her Mindscape, "I dunno, dragon riding swordswoman does have it's appeal... Wait a minute."

She scanned the members of the group, and noticed one of their number was missing, and Melethia was looking over a crevasse with purpose;

"Oh shit! I hope he's alright... Hmn, I wonder if sending something after him would be counter-intuitive. He's practically made of iron..."

That was when the Angel understudy fell out of the capsule, and Teri raised her staff in defense, just in case this Angel tried to do anything funny. She had spells ready, and she wasn't afraid to use em!

A foot taped in her mind, and Teri realized she had kept Lucifer waiting for an answer, to which her face melted back to a similar expression as the 'mask' she had in her mental world, cold and expressionless, "Being... happier? I... I don't think I have anything to be supremely joyous about. I mean, don't get me wrong; it's great to quite literally having a divine calling in this place; and to heal-slash-defend others with my spell work and medical skills! But, I... I don't think that focusing on me is really anything of importance, especially with all of these fights going on. It's bad enough people have been exposed to my baggage several times already. They don't need any more of that when there's so much more important things going on."

Her mask fully up for those around her, she added, "In this war against Angels, I need to be as strong as possible. That means I can't burden the others with my petty feelings. It's as simple as that. My 'happiness' can come after its all over."

She paused when she realized that in that very moment, she just did what she had meaning NOT to do all this time. Was she just tricked? Was this devil trying to expose her for being a hypocrite for what she had just 'said' to him? God knows, he was a master of reverse psychology; at least where she was concerned. Hands wringing against her weapon in desperation, she twitched ever so slightly, "At least... I usually don't want to burden others with these feelings. It seems I accidentally did what I set out to avoid. Touche, Lord of the Underworld."

Guardian/Slindis
Seeing the sad, broken state of the angel that exited the machine, she calmed herself from that fearsome battle state. "Leave now and show those uncorrupted members of the angelic host that you're worthy of being in their ranks. I do not see a knight in your eyes, and any taint that you had was cleansed in that fight." Slindis chanted a moderate healing spell and fixed up some of the Angel's injuries - not enough for any major attack on the group, but it could get him home safely. The meaning behind her showing mercy at this point when she'd gone all-out earlier was not lost on the angel or anyone else in the group.

As the angel managed to start flying away well out of sight of Dark Tomoya, Slindis managed to get in the cockpit to get a feel for it and felt very slightly drained as the Guardian quickly repaired itself. "If anyone's going to use this, they'll need a good amount of energy."

Melethia/Devon

Devon looked in awe as Slindis shifted attitudes so quickly. "Yeah, I really shouldn't make her mad. But what happened to Rugal?" That concern was shared by Melethia as she fished out a rope to climb down the chasm. "Wheathair, please be okay... I'll be down there soon..."

Time: Night

Kyre

The young anti-mage watched silently from the shadows above the group and the guardian. Her magic hidden in her shadowy field, shielding the world from her piercing green eyes. The group before her were her friends, and the Angel lying upon the floor.

The technology around her frightened the young Anti-Mage, but she kept close watch on the preceding. Hoping that Ella would be more useful in the future.

---

Armageddon | Nessaj

"Ezalor!" Nessaj said triumphantly as he stood up from his seat in front of the Rising Dawn refrigerator. "You finally make yourself known my old brother!" The fires inside his armor flared out and burned the metal floor. His passion reawakened, the Chaos Knight jogged haphazardly into the Hanger and looked outward at the Angel Ships and the Temple of Light he raised his cudgel triumphantly and screamed for Armageddon.

The old warhorse trotted to his side and snorted with annoyance.

Nessaj placed a great gauntlet on his snout and pointed forward, "Soon, are to ride down the light."

---

BlackHarte

"THIS. IS. FRUSTRATION!!!" BlackHarte shook the Canteen with his distorted voice, "Armageddon's reports are absolutely useless! What in the world is making that little girl so blood crazy?"

The technomorph flipped the table he was working at and sent the books flying across the room and stomped off back into the engineering bay. The darkness would help breed his thoughts more properly.

As the battle wound down and the group began to settle down from the stress of the fight with the Corrupted Guardian, Aftan, Akane, Gabrielle... who had changed back when she realized that Puce was in the room and Mark entered and looked at their surroundings, seeing that the team had finally defeated the Guardian.

Nodding at Devon, Teri and Jake, he greeted his fellow writers and looked at the wreckage of the Guardian.

"Jeez. What the hell is that thing?" The Dramatist asked as he touched the skin of the downed Guardian.

"The Temple's main defense. It was pretty difficult to defeat. It withstood quite a few solid hits before it was brought down by Slindis." Puce responded as he sat on a large stone that had been knocked loose by one of the many explosions that had taken place during the fight.

Nodding at Puce's response, Mark spotted Devon, overseeing the Rugal rescue effort and as he walked over to greet the Bard, he waved.

"Hey Devon. Long time no see." Which might have been the truth considering that Devon had probably spotted the artificial double that Mark had sent to be his eyes and ears in Avatar Adventures. Looking at the man, he remembered that like Mark, Devon had made a deal with the Devil.

"I noticed that you spent some time in Hell. How is our mutual friend?" The Writer asked as he spotted the Succubus that had escaped Hell with the talker-not-a-fighter.

Ella glided about the room after the Guardian was defeated and felt quite... quite bored. She did however spot the little Anti-Mage entering the room and smiled to herself as she landed near her.

"Hi there Kyre. Nice to see you again... not really... but it would be a nice thought if it were the truth." The Succubus said with a smirk on her face as she watched the Heroes do their thing and help each other out.

"So... anything special happen to you while we were all separated... AGAIN?"

BOOOOOM!

That was the sound of the a Succubus impacting against the side of the Temple, however unlike her half sister, this succubus had blue hair as opposed to the half sibling's blonde. Her body ached and screamed in pain from the impact as well as the blow that had sent her tumbling to the ground. Wiping the blood from her face and dropping the shotgun to the ground, she unsheathed her claws, allowing them to grow to their full length of 12 inches.

"Cadolbolg... tell the others to hurry up... Tomoya's here and he doesn't look like he's here for a friendly visit." Kurumu ordered at the approaching dragon and his rider. She received a brief roar in response to her order as Cadolbolg changed his flight path towards the Temple's entrance.

"Here goes nothing I guess." She muttered as she pulled herself off of the side of the Temple and launched herself into the air and started flying towards Dark Tomoya.

"Knight Nessaj... thank you for the gifts you have bestowed upon your servant. If I come out victorious today, I dedicate Tomoya's defeat in your name. She said as she summoned her Succubus Phantasms, bringing 2 rather strong Succubi, 1 Stong Succubus and 1 short bus riding Succubus.

"HEY TOMOYA! THINK FAST!" She screamed as five succubi descended upon the corrupted Angel.

Teri's Mindscape: Lucifer

As Teri waited for a response, she heard something that sounded like snoring... causing her to get extremely upset that she had revealed something about herself and the person that she had the opportunity to share this information with had actually had the audacity to go to sleep. But before she could respond in kind, the snore was replaced by the sounds of a deep chuckle.

"Sorry kiddo... when ever I hear martyr talk I sort of go all narcoleptic..." The Fallen One said before he started talking once again this time without the mocking tone or the laughing that he had just given Teri a dose of.

"Seriously, Teri. You do need to share this information with someone and even if you feel like I'm the wrong person to talk to about matters of the hear... I mean... if you feel like the wrong person to talk to about your issues is me, then I totally understand if we don't talk about this again but no matter what... if you need someone to listen to what you have to say, I'm your devil." The Arch-Daemon of hell said before he addressed Teri's final concern.

"Miss Gravel... you could never be a burden to me. Whatever you have to say to me, I'd gladly listen to."

Time: Night

Ella | Kyre

Kyre crossed her arms and stuck out her tongue, "I fell down a few holes and stalked the main group. Nothing else much." She walked forward and planted her hands on Ella and closed her eyes, "you have been doing much. Tell me what you've been up to."

---

Nessaj | Armageddon

"Knight Kurumu should not ride alone this day," Nessaj declared to no one in particular while mounting Armageddon. He kicked his fiery steed in the flank and took off toward Tomoya as well, brandishing his cudgle over his head and bellowing some archaic cry from deep within his armor.

"REALITY RIIIIIIFT!"

A dark orange portal opened between tomoya and Nessaj, and the Chaos Knight Road through with great haste to assist his loyal knave.

Diablo1099:
I like the angel part. :P

Temple Group.
Location: Temple Stone Chamber | South America | AA Universe.
Time: Early Morning. (2 am)
Weather: Raging black lightning.

The angel soon calmed down and wiped his face. "Ugh... uh... thanks for freeing me for that awful darkness. The Commander... um... Tomoya just went crazy and took everything over with darkness and eventually he stuff me in that thing." The angel was saying to Slindis as he was patched up. His wings sprouted in front of everyone, he gazed up at the light in the ceiling gap to the outside world. "But don't worry... Michael will hear of this!" He yelled as he pierced out of the temple and flew back to Heaven.

Meanwhile, whilst everyone was down on the lower platform of the chamber examining the Guardian they had just fought. Riki had climbed to the top and saw a pedestal which held a small dark box with light creeping out of the sides. Sighing Riki turned to the group, "I found the stone!" He yelled from the stop of the tallest pillar in the room. His shoulder ached from climbing and even holding the gun. Flicking the box open, a huge bright light was exposed in the room and the Guardian came back to life but awaited a new pilot. The light eventually wore off and a pure blue stone was left, and it was some how impaled onto a small, thin dagger.

The worst part is that there was a red eyeball near the bottom of the dagger. "FOUND YOU!" Said the eyeball as it disintegrated to black lightning and crawled it's way back to the entrance of the Temple.

Outside Group.

Seeing the boy's face indeed had accomplished his goal. "I see... they have it. Just like he said... " The Dark Archangel said as his eyes was still locked with Preacher's when suddenly the two outsiders attacked Dark Tomoya, his patience was almost at it's limits. "Very informal ... huh?" He simply with his smirk, still looking the Preacher in the eyes. Without a blink, black lightning descended and immediately made a barrier appeared to be made out of solid black unholy lightning.

"STAY OUT OF THIS WEAKLINGS!"

Dark Tomoya said with an angered face, the dark angel yelled with such anger that it rattled the sky with rumbles and clashes. The lightning in the sky had begun to destroy the forest itself. It struck half a mile away from the temple, and it would only get closer with each strike.

Coughing up some more black liquid, Tomoya turned to the Preacher. "This... this shall be a fight between me and the Preacher... and a fair one at that!"

Meanwhile Storm had regenerated his health and pulled out his energy sword again. "No one will disturb this fight!" He said with a passionate voice.

David
David was checking out the Guardian just like the rest of them when Riki shouted that he had the stone.
"Great. Get your ass back down here and we'll get that to UNIT or one of them. Might be able to Weaponize it somehow." He shouted up to Riki as he opened the Box and triggered Tomoya's little trap.
As the black lighting raced out of the Chamber, David instinctively took some pot shots at it before he realized how pointless that was.
"Shit! He's onto us! Get whoever is on the ship to get it over here, ASAP! Things are about to get rough..." He said as he entered the guardian and attempted to fire it up.
"Seeing how much trouble this thing gave us, should at least do the same to Tommy-boy." He said as he closed the hatch and the Mech came to life...

Well...Not so much came to life as sputtered weakly as the Mech attempted to use David's Energy to start it.
He didn't have very much.
"OH COME ON YOU PIECE OF SHIT! WORK!" He shouted in anger before he gave up and left the machine.
"Fuck...I'm betting there is some kind of exclusion clause for us bod-standard humans...Someone get in this thing, we could use it." He ordered as Slindis got in, clearly bitter about not being able to drive it

Rugal
As Melethia went to climb down, she paused as a small red light glowed in the dark pit and it seemed to be getting closer.
Then the sound of grunting as Rugal used a pair of bloody metal spikes to ascend from the pit.
After a minute of tension as he climbed up, Rugal finally reached the top and rolled himself onto solid ground, taking a sec to catch his breath.
"...I hate spike pits...Sorry I'm late...That climb is longer then it looks.." He groaned to the group, saddened that he missed the Guardian fight.
While his face was black and parts of it burned, he seemed alright, much to David's dismay.
"AGAIN!? Jesus Christ, what does it take to kill that guy!?" he exclaimed, between this and the crushing trap, he was not starting to understand how Rugal managed to get so highly respected in the global underworld.

"..LOOK OUT! IT'S STILL ACTIVE!" Rugal shouted as he saw the Guardian stand up.
Grabbing the first thing on hand, he threw the pair of spikes at the mech as he picked himself up and braced for combat.

Tailgate moved through the corridors of the ship towards Sentinel's room. She felt uneasy. These last couple of days since the incident in the asylum anomaly nest -- where every one of her friends save for Chris and Sentinel had been slaughtered -- had been strange.

She had a feeling that she found hard to describe. Like she was unsafe. It was as if someone -- or something -- was manipulating her, predicting her movements and reacting in a way as to alter them. Were her thoughts her own, or had they been influenced? She didn't like the idea.

The young girl picked up speed. She wanted to see Ba'erth again. She wanted to feel him embrace her for she knew that she would be safe there in his arms. But first she needed a word with Sentinel. Chris had been his best friend -- Java too -- and their deaths probably hit him hard. Harder than anyone could tell, what with him now hidden behind a mask.

He had felt it too. Ba'erth, that was. Tailgate didn't like that. She had a feeling of danger, she was uneasy, that was all. But he could feel something. He could sense something. And ... yet he stayed here. Was it duty? Morals? Could he simply not bear to leave innocent people in harm's way, or was it something more than that? He could step through the fabric of space as if it were a sheet of paper, yet he stayed. She wasn't complaining, though. She knew it was selfish of her, but she was glad he stayed.

She came to Sentinel's door and knocked. A masked face answered and invited her in.

"Hello, Tailgate. What's going on?"
"I just wanted to check up on you," she said, smiling weakly and leaning back against the door.
"Why, have I been acting strange lately?"
"No. That's the problem. Java, Chris and John. You three were never spoken of without the other two being mentioned. Now it's just John. And you're acting as if nothing has changed." He hesitated for a moment.
"Java isn't dead."
"What? What do you mean? We saw him die. That ... that thing killed him!"
"I hear him. He speaks to me when I'm alone. He tells me to do things. I ..." Tailgate was suddenly overcome with dread. What was Sentinel saying right now? She suddenly felt much less safe, but this time she had a reason for it.
"John, listen to me. What you're saying is crazy. He's dead. They're all dead." She started to move for the door controls. She was afraid. Sentinel looked up and straight into her deep, blue eyes.
"And we shall soon join them." He just kept looking right into her eyes, unblinking. "He told me so."

Teri's eyes glazed over again as the group did their individual activites in the Chamber of Light; her role not entirely nessecary at the moment. If one were to look at her closely, they would find that despite her vacant expression, her knuckles were bone white from gripping the staff with an utmost-

intensity. That was her in this moment, a concentration of anger and betrayal burning brightly, but for all the wrong reasons. Her hair whipped in the wind of that field, the storm above pouring buckets of rain on the duo. Water was her domain, after all; and covered in it, she looked deadly instead of pathetic (as humans were wont to when soaked). Her hazel eyes bore into icy blue, and she pointed; a door of ice appearing.

"Go. There's the door, show yourself the way out."

"But-"

The rain bore down even harder, and her gaze did not waver, "And I would have accepted that offer about 5 minutes ago. But right now, you have upset me greatly, and I am trying to be polite in showing you the door. Now, please go. I cannot be distracted much longer."

After saying this, the mental manifestation became encased in ice as the girl's mind went back to -

The Chamber of Light

reality. Her eyes refocused again, and she could see that Rugal was back up, and covered in blood. This looked like her job again. Walking to the Crime Lord, she patted his shoulder before holding up her Medical Bag, "Where does it hurt?"

There was a slightly robotic edge to her voice, at least, moreso than usual. It was strange, almost as if she was reciting a script. Then again, it wasn't helped by the fact that the girl's face looked dispassionate and drained. Hell, it looked like she didn't even care the robot was up and about.

Slindis
When Rugal went and attacked her in the Guardian, she dodged the attack from him but kept the weapons down as she communicated in a distorted mechanical voice. "Rugal, you're okay! Thank goodness... Now, how about we take this fight to Tomoya?" Even with the distorted tone, it was easy for almost anyone there to tell that Slindis was extremely relieved, but the Guardian's armor prevented the others outside seeing the crying going on inside the machine.

Melethia
Melethia held Rugal tightly to try and stop further attacks. "Wheathair, you're okay! My mom went an' tore the thing apart, and I'm pretty sure she went into it." A quick glance around showed Rugal that the Paladin wasn't anywhere else, so she could be in that Guardian.

Devon
Devon started limbering up as he looked at the gap and got ready to cross it. "Rugal, Melethia's right. Slin did jump in there, so you may want to hold off on those attacks." The fact that nobody had attacked the machine was another indicator that Rugal had missed something.

Tajuh
He looked the Spartan up and smirked. "Don't forget me, Spartan. I'll make sure to tell your comrades about your being MIA." The man have height over him, but it just meant that it'd be easier to take him down.

David
"WHOA-WHOA-WHOA! Easy big guy! It's alright, Slin is operating it!" David shouted along with the others before this fight got out of hand.

Rugal
Rugal froze when he heard Slindis's voice.
"Slindis!?....I-What?...She's...Inside that thing?..." He said as everyone explained that the Guardian was in fact a class of Mech.
"...An Angel Mech? Powered by it's users energy?....Interesting..." He said to himself as he walked up in front of it.
"Slin! Just if that thing does run of it's pilot's energy, be careful not to over do it. While I'm certain that you got the power to use it, I'm not sure if you'd have as much Energy to spare as who-ever was in it last. Keep that in mind." He said as Slin got a feel for the controls as Caim, Jake and Angelus showed up.
Mmmm...Think we missed out... The mute sighed as he put down his sword.

"Okay everyone, listen up. We need to get back to the ship as quickly as possible! Slin, get to knocking though some of the walls, We don't have time to muck about the same way we came in. Where's Angelus? ANGELUS!?"
The dragon in question said "I'm right here..."
"Good, second we get topside, take Riki and Kud back to the ship, I don't care what is happening outside, they need to get the stone where Tomoya can't get it. Akane, Elle, Back her up. Feel free to "

"Everyone Else: Tight formation as we follow the path Slin makes, no more traps, no more surprises, no more impostors! If the Angels are here, we'll have to force them back until the Stone is on the ship. You have you orders, lets get the hell out of the god-forsaken temple..."

Once he was gone with his speech, he allowed Teri to fix up the burns on his face.
"Thank you...Are you okay?...You seem...distant..." he noticed as the Cleric used some light healing magic.

Captcha: People like me: *Blush*

Caim, Angelus

The dragon nodded, and gave a sigh of relief when she saw that most of the crew was there (that and she knew Cadolbolg and Ton Ton were outside); and snapped a fireball into existence, providing a little bit of extra light in the Chamber. Caim could only stand around with sword in hand; wondering what his next course of action should be.

Teri

Cracking her best (fake) cheery smile, she said, "You just fell over a cliff, Mr. Bernstein, forgive me for being a bit worried!"

As she applied one of her minor healing spells to another wound, she continued, "Besides, I always look kind of serious when I'm working. I'm in the zone, as it were! Hee Hee!"

And just like that, the seriousness about her seemed to fade... Were it not for her aura. It seemed a bit deflated; and was further incriminated by a set of white knuckles. But, with the situation, questioning the Cleric further may have to wait...

Lucifer's mouth opened as if he had some sort or argument that he could muster against the Cleric's request for him to leave her mind. However, the man with the suit visibily deflated and started walking towards the door, pausing a few times as if he was to speak or be able to say something that would convince Teri to allow him to stay. It was not until the final time that The Fallen One said something.

" Listen Teri. There'll be a point in time where you might find you faith tested. Whatever you do, don't listen to that doubt... It's a crappy slippery slope. Also... I've got one last thing ..." The Devil started to say as he closed the door behind him, leaving Teri's mind free of anyone save her.

Time froze... and though no one would realize it, someone was walking in their midst. The sound of expensive Italian silk, the tick tock of expensive leather loafers echoed through the chamber as the Reigning Champion of Hell walked through.

*Ting ting ting*

There was a jingling sound as Lucifer pulled out an Red Gold chain that was attached to a ruby amulet, the Gem's interior seemig to be ablaze with its own fire.

And as Lucifer draped the necklace over Teri, he whispered into her ear

"If you need me, just call for me and I'll be there." He whispered as he left one last thing for the Cleric.

When time started back up, Teri found the amulet around her neck and a feather of the purest white tucked in her ear. She remembered the feeling from somewhere...

Slindis

Upon hearing the plan, Slindis moved to the nearest wall, and luckily after shouting to the machine, it pulled up the map of the temple. "We're taking a direct path to the entrance, people! Tighten your belts, because we won't stop until we see the sky!" After calling that out, she switched over to the chaingun on the left arm and blew a hole through the wall with concentrated gunfire as she began clearing a path for the group, wanting to get the hell out of that temple before any more rage could be awakened.

Melethia

She let go of Rugal as she followed the path Slindis made, more than a bit astonished with the path the Paladin made for their exit. It would involve a bit of climbing, but the rubble left by the rapid ascent made it much easier than a direct climb. "Wheathair, we can do it!" Skipping on the rocks, she made her way up the temple.

Devon
Devon went over to Rugal, aiding Teri in the healing department. "I'm surprised you made it out of that one, Rugal, but it just shows that I don't really know much at all about you. It doesn't mean that I can't help Patch you up, though." As the wounds knitted themselves, he went over to Ella and gave her a disappointed look.

Devon casts Cure Moderate wounds on Rugal to help seal up the injuries.

David
David watched as Slindis used the Guardian Mech to literally blast a way out of the temple and sighed.
"...I coulda been the pilot..." He said to himself as he began to take point behind the Drow's Mech.
Still, at the very least, they were leaving and he managed to keep his souvenir: The Angel Towel he snagged from the baths.

Rugal
Rugal meanwhile was back to his peak after the joint efforts of Teri and Devon.
"Thanks for that. Just Spike Pits, rather nasty, amazed I got off as lightly as I did." He said when he noticed something.
"...Teri, Where'd you get that necklace and feather?..." He asked as Teri noticed she was infact wearing them.

bluecrimson:
Our character have the same color. o_o

Temple Group.
Location: Temple Stone Chamber | South America | AA Universe.

As Riki saw the Guardian get up and running he closed the box with the Stone of Light and stabbed the long briefcase full of Tomoya's weapons to his back and started to climb down. Once he reached the bottom he heard David's order, nodding to the soldier he walked quickly to Angelus. This time he decided not to disobey his order because he wanted himself and Kud out of this place. Nodding to Kud whom skipped along until she was beside him, the two awaited for the ride home.

Outside Group.

Noticing the male creature talked Storm turned his attention from his friend to Tajuh. "You won't touch me or Tomoya... because I lost enough friends today as it is!" He said to the male and he brandished his energy sword and a single pistol. It seemed that Storm was one undisturbed by the darkness which had corrupted everyone else. "Why not just help your friends instead of worrying about me... right now he is my only worry." Storm said and looked at Tomoya.

Ella landed on the floor and slowly followed the wallbasher known as Slindis and took note of Devon's disapproving stare.

"Something wrkng, stud?" She asked as she walked along side him, flashing him a radiant smile.

Now... for the sake of arguement, let us assume that Devon was about to reveal how he knew that the Succubus hit on her half sister's boyfriend and let us assume that had this conversation taken place, Ella would have accused Devon of being jealous and Devon would have vehemently denied the accusation... all of this would have likely happened if it wasn't for one thing.

*Sniff Sniff*

Ella's eyes opened widely as she smelled something in the air, coupled with Rugal's query as to why Teri now possessed an amulet and feather.

"Sweet Jes ... Nine Rings of Hell! YOU!!" The Succubus called out pointing at Teri wilst dragging Devon along by his hand. There was a sort of accusatory tone to her voice as she approached Teri.

"He was here, wasn't he? My Daddy! He was here! Why?!" She asked as she spotted the amulet and tried to grab it off of the Cleric's neck.

To everyone's surprise there was a screech of pain as Ella snatched her hand back as if she had been burnt... sure enough on observation, she had been burnt.

"...Teri, Where'd you get that necklace and feather?..."

Genuine confusion crossed the Cleric's face when asked and she began with, "What are you tal-?"

That was when Ella charged in and burnt herself on the necklace. The Cleric watched all of these events in terror and could barely move until the deed was done, and she backed away, and towards Angelus and Caim, an incantation barely formed in the back of her mind should the Succubus attempt anything again,

"I don't know! I wasn't even aware I had these things until - "

"If you need me, just call for me and I'll be there."

The Cleric paused when that voice came into her memories, and she suddenly realized where her new possessions had come from. However, she was still a little confused as to why she was attacked by the Succubus. She reached for the feather and carefully put it in an empty vial from her satchel before saying,

"Look, I think you might be mistaken. I'm sorry you're hand's hurt, um... I bet there's salve on the ship where we can fix that up. I'll be with these guys till then."

With that, she hurried away with Caim, Angelus and the two teens (Riki and Kud) as they began their walk to the surface; clearly trying to make some distance between herself and the Succubus. The dragoness looked over her shoulder at the wounded demon, and only glared before leading her charges along the way...

StormShaun:
I noticed.

Slindis
She continued rapidly ascending through the temple, becoming slightly drained from the sheer amount of energy being put out as she paved a path through the temple. "We're about halfway through here! Just keep coming, and we'll be out of here in no time!"

If nothing else, she knew how to make a clear path of retreat for her team.

Devon
He tried apologizing to Teri for Ella's actions. "Really sorry, Teri, it's just Ella here's got more than a few problems with her father. Now if she would just follow me for a second so I could talk to her in private..." He gave the Succubus a look that showed that he needed to talk to her in private.

Melethia
As she climbed up, she picked up a few samples of the metal from the now-ruined traps and put them into one of her pouches to take a look at later.

Tajuh

He eyed up the Spartan, mentally breaking down the likely attack patterns he'd try to use against the man. "Here's the thing: in order for me to do that, they need a safe avenue to exit that temple. We both know that won't be happening while those drops continue, so unless you'd like to step aside and allow that, then we've got some problems." Although his tone was calm, it was clear that he'd not allow Storm to interfere with the operation. More importantly, the Angel databases had relatively little information on Tajuh, and what little there was on him was kept under lock and key.

David
David was in awe of the power of the Guardian as it blasted its way though the hard stone of the temple.
"Bloody hell! Next time I'm driving! I don't care if I need to bring a Car battery with me! I HAVE to try this sometime!" He exclaimed as they forced their way though the old passages that gave them so much trouble on the way in.
It was then Teri joined his team on their way topside, She certainly seemed off and Angelus reckoned Ella was the reason why.
"Hey, You two, plenty of time for chewing people out once we are out, Keep up!" He said to the pair of them as he followed the path of Slindis and Melethia.

Rugal
Rugal found the events surrounding the necklace and Ella rather strange but that would have to wait for another time.
"You can talk with her Devon, but don't take too long, god only knows how much time we have. Get topside as soon as you can. Dismissed." He said before he ran over into the escape tunnel.

Angelus, Caim, David, Kud, Riki, Slindis, Teri

Angelus' gaze turned away from the offending woman upon being acknowledged by David,

"As you say, mortal.. Come, Teri. We've no time to dawdle here."

Teri gave a quick nod, and as they advanced, she tucked the necklace under her robes. If seeing it was going to cause trouble, then she'd have to hide it. If Lucifer was really the one to bequeath this to her, The Cleric could only ask herself this... Why?

This train of thought was quickly squelched when she saw Slindis tear into some more rock with the Guardian suit, and marveled at the power the suit commanded, "I wonder if it functions more like an Eva or a Gundam..?"

Ella held her wounded hand underneath her arm, keeping the air from touching the stinging burn as she met the Dragon woman's gaze and held it as before she stuck out her tongue and followed Devon to the side, shaking out her hand as if she could shake out the stinging of the burn. Devon was staring at her as she did this, his look showing signs of disappointment as her skin finally started the process of healing itself.

Looking at the man who had helped secure her freedom from Hell, an exasperated look crossed her face before she started out the conversation.

"What?" She said as she stood in front of the Bard with her hands on her hips, looking as if she was spoiling for a fight... or at least a good argument... or one of any other energy consuming tasks.

StormShaun:
"This... this shall be a fight between me and the Preacher... and a fair one at that!"

The Preacher tutted slightly and shook his head, "I see then, violence is unavoidable. I am truly sorry child." He pulled out his blade, now beginning to become enveloped in a feint crimson aura. The area now began to darken, except for himself and the fallen angel, almost as if the two were being highlighted. The Preacher slashed downward as he began to walk towards Tomoya. The aura around the sword now began to appear around the angel's feet. Befroe he could react the attack struck.

Northswain's Strike.

Dark Tomoya
The Dark Angel recoiled from the Preachers attack, bringing his arms up to protect himself.
He had a pained expression, it was clear that it hurt him, but it faded into a Evil Grin.
"That's all?...Here, let me show you how it's done!" He boasted as he brought his fist down into the ground, sending a electrical current into the ground.
Like Preachers attack, it appeared before he could react and a cage made of Black Lighting formed over him.
"Get out of this!" He taunted as he had the cage quickly close in on itself, intending to crush its prisoner.

Group in general
Within record time, Slindis managed to burst though the hall not far from Storm and Tajuh, much to the surprise of the Spartan's Men.
"...A Guardian!?...Wonderful....ALL UNITS ATTACK! THEY MUST NOT LEAVE WITH THE STONE!" He ordered the remainder of his squad and they descended on the Group.

Corrupted Temple of Light: Devon | Ella

Devon began talking to Ella in the same tone a disappointed family member would use towards one o their siblings. "Ella, when I helped you get out of Hell, it wasn't so you could go and try to break up relationships here. I know what you are, but what you're doing is abusing the trust that I put in you. Now, before you go and try saying that it didn't happen, I know what I saw. And we both know Puce is Kurumu's fated lover, so trying to break them up, no matter how long it was for, is basically saying that you want your only sister dead."

He looked her in the eyes, not really caring what she planned as long as the message went through. "So please, try to show me that the trust I put into you and your father's words wasn't horribly misplaced. I'd rather not lose hope for you, but when you're willing to break up your sister and kill her for whatever plot you have going, why should I keep believing in you?"

Group in general

Upon seeing the last bits of block fall to expose sky, Angelus called out, "Caim, the mask!"

Fishing it out of the Armory, Caim handed the dragon the aforementioned item, and Angelus ran outside, threw the mask in the air, and set herself aflame. It was quicker than trying to remove all the irritating pieces of human clothing; and by the time the mask came back down, the woman was stark naked; give or take a few scarps. Placing the mask on her face, the woman bent over as she began to grow and change into her former self.

As all that went down, Caim had already begun to charge with The Angel Killer equipped, the scarlet blade singing in the air the moment blood met blade.

Teri decided to cover the kid's tracks towards the dragon by calling upon the Lord in Celestial: "Cover our tracks as we wade into war! Mists of obfuscation, come down!"

Thus, a bank of fog encircled and covered the area around the transforming dragon and teens, and Teri hoped that this would be ample enough cover for Angelus and the kids to begin their ascent.

Teri has used: Fog Cloud! Spreading 20 feet across and 20 feet high, this fog provides total concealment! The fog obscures all sight, including darkvision, beyond 5 feet. A creature within 5 feet has concealment (attacks have a 20% miss chance). Creatures farther away have total concealment (50% miss chance, and the attacker can't use sight to locate the target).

Following that, Teri began to ready another spell, this time; a Shield for a front line fighter.

Diablo1099:

"Get out of this!"

The Preacher grinned, raising his left hand, his fist closed. "Gladly." He flicked his hand open, and scattered the black lightning, before continuing his slow approach. Tomoya could tell the man would be able to evade or block any attempt at flanking with lightning speed. The sword began to glow again.......

Dark Tomoya
Persistent old bastard... Tomoya thought as he watched the glowing sword.
A smirk appeared as he summoned up the Electric Cage again, this time having it encase him, opting to use it defensively.
The Lighting was nothing to him, but it was a different story for Preacher.
"Now what old man!?" He said as he rushed in to gut him, knowing his cage would prevent a counterattack.

David
As the group set out to engage the enemy, David went about providing covering fire for Caim as he used his Angel Killer blade on Storm's men, hitting every shot dead on and ensuring Caim could be as reckless and offensive as he wished without fear of being ambushed.
His keen eye was mostly unaffected by the fog.
"I SWEAR TO GOD I'M BECOMING A MUSLIM AFTER ALL THIS IS OVER!" He shouted, clearly this mission was going to change his views on Religion forever.

Rugal
Rugal merely walked into the battle, casually throwing the odd punch or kick with deadly results to whomever it connected with.
Every time anyone went to engage him, he reacted and they fell down, simple as that.
It was then he noticed that the Dark Angel himself was among them and the Preacher was fighting him one on one.
What the hell is that senile fool doing!?

Diablo1099:

"Now what old man!?"

"I think I'll have a bit of a read, son." Keeping his sword ready, he pulled out his book again and began reading. As he muttered different phrases, the black lightning began to dissipate, becoming too weak to stop The Preacher's next attack. The Dark Angel then directed the lightning at the man, but he struck his blade at the bolt, the lightning turning from black to white. The Preacher then hurled the purified electricity at the angel.

Dark Tomoya
Dammit! Who is this guy!? Tomoya thought as he parried Preacher's electrical attack with his sword, plotting his next move.
Once Preachers assault was finished, he stabbed his sword into the ground and held his hand up in the air.
"SHAZAM!" He laughed as the ground began to glow underneath the two of them.
A Massive Black Thunderbolt struck down from the skies above with enough power to fry anything near him as indicated by the glowing ground.

Slindis
Seeing the massive group charging towards her companions, she looked at the controls to get a better feel for how the machine worked. It was still a good bit beyond her compared to the exit path she had cleared earlier, but she started up with leading the shots to hit the angels much like she would a bow. Due to the massive difference in firing speeds, it took her a bit to get the guiding right. Although not as deadly as the Guardian earlier at range, she still made up for it on the ground with the thrusts and stabs of her chainsaw bladed right hand. "Scatter them!"

Tajuh
For his Part, Tajuh intercepted Storm as he went to aid the attack with a single blade quickly pointed at him. "I gave you the option, but now it's time for me to do what I came here for." He followed up with slashing with his offhand to provoke a guard with the Energy Sword, then stabbed the Spartan's pistol with his mainhand blade to devastate the gun's barrel.

"While I draw breath, you shall not lay a single finger on any member of the Rising Dawn."

Melethia.
The angels that closed on her position ignored the twelve year old elf with a longsword and flask with a mix of a murky brown and lavender liquid in each hand. This was really the best their enemy could come up with? As they focused on the more dangerous threats, she threw the bottle deep into the ranks of the group, sending glass shards and a violently corrosive acid mix in a ten meter radius to badly burn a chunk of the enemies. "That's whatcha get, kinslayers." Seizing the opportunity, she began slashing the Angels with the extremely sharp blade crackling with electricity.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 . . . 808 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here