The Escapist Avatar Adventure: An Open RP (Now Re-Opened!)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 . . . 875 NEXT

Lucifer | Slindis | Teri | Jenny

After getting over herself at the sight of Lucifer, Jenny took a moment to figure out what the FUCK was going on, While she had seen strange things happen before, She couldn't have believed what happened if she hadn't seen it herself.
Attempting to detect any feeling in the air was hard even for her, There was so many coming from Teri.
Still, once Slindis took off, she was in pursuit after them, not wanting to get cut off from everyone.
Besides, how the hell else would she understand what just happened?

She stopped before taking another glance at the fallen one and stated "That look suits you better....whatever you are..."
Before the Prince of Lies could answer, she was off after the others.

Dimension: Avatar Adventures Universe

Location: Airship Rising Dawn | In Transit | Outside of D.C. Airspace
Time: Midday | January 2nd

D.C. Battle Grounds - Beachhead
Jenny | Slindis | Teri

The Paladin and the staff couldn't get anything out of the Cleric until she finally broke to a stop (a building wall had helped in that regard) and sunk to her knees, sobs shaking the girl's entire being as her teacher and Jenny caught up to her. When all asked what was wrong, Dimitri appeared before them in a hologram, gave a small bow, and began to speak, "Please do not judge her Ladyship too unkindly. Matters of the heart are very difficult to deal with, especially after this 'Shadow' incident my sensors have picked up on... Tell, me, User: Slindis, what happened during that?"

After another chocked sob, Teri's 'voice' shot from the tablet in idignation, "Shut up, Dimitri! That's not anyone's concern right now..."

Airship Rising Dawn - The Bridge
A.I. Vermilion | Jake

There was a long pause as A.I. Vermilion processed what to do or what to say to Jake in that instance. But when her logoc protocols came back with the expected results, the lights of the ship took on a red hue.

" If you cannot foresee a future for yourself, that means that you have grown static and in my world, the things that have grown static get deleted. However according to your records, it appears that you have surpassed who you were when you first entered the Avatar Adventures Dimension. Logically stating that means a griwth in skills and character. While it is noble that you are willing to sacrifice yourself for the good of your group's collective creation, you kniw as well as the others in your writer's group that there will be other dangers posed by other Writers. And while it may seem like a Sisyphian task to save this dimension time ans time again, you are allowed to bear witness to future events yet to have been planned. This may seem like a lowly play on your emotions but when Akane gets married, who better to give her away than yourself." The woman on the screen ranted passionately. As she finished the lights on the Bridge returned to their normal color.

"Also... This ship needs a captain and you are the one soul aboard that has shown the knowledge on what is required to be a ship's captain."

Lucifer | Slindis | Teri

For what seemed like an eternity the only thing that the Archangel could do was stand there and watch as The Cleric receded from view. He was stunned and his mind, far more intelligent than the most intelligent human of the day, struggled to process what had happened.

[i]"She... She... She called me beautiful? Is that what she called me?[i]" He asked himself he tried to remember everything that had just happened. "She stood there in awe of me... She stood there admiring me and ... she thought me beautiful." He said to himself as a smile started appearing on his face.

The pieces finally started falling into place for good when he remembered her concern for her welfare. She wanted him to change back because she was putting him in danger. She ... wanted to keep him safe?

"Skies above... She... wanted me to be safe... She ... wants me to be safe and that means .."

Ding! Ding! Ding!

That's right she has feelings for you oh Great Fallen One and as a Christian, how fucked up has that gotta be for her? She knows you as the Ulimate embodiment of evil, as the one who will have a showdown with The Boss during the End of Days. How does that not throw anyone for a loop?

It was at that point Lucifer realized that there was someone standing next to him, watching as her Cleric fled the scene. The Boss stood there with a smile on her face, not a cruel one but one that knew that while things might be difficult for the two... But they would face these hardships together... and she told him that.

Of course this would all dependant on whether he was going to go after her or stand there gawking.

The Morning Star would have probably stood there for another eternity if it wasn't for every fiber of his being screaming GO!!

And go he did... The Fallen One... The Prince of the Underworld... The Beast of the Pit started running.

Jenny

After catching up with Teri and meeting her AI Butler, Jenny tried to calm Teri down, using her qualifications as a clinical psychiatrist to get pass Slindis and Dimitri.
"Okay now, breath in and out. It's okay, you are among friends." She said as she sat Teri down at the base of the wall she ran into and placed a hand on her shoulder.
"You don't have to talk if you don't want to, but it will help us help you."

Location: Airship Rising Dawn | In Transit | Outside of D.C. Airspace

Jenny | Slindis | Teri

Slindis looked Teri dead in the eyes. "Not my concern? Teri, you are my student. It most certainly is my concern, so start talking. I've already had to fight a dragon to help you see sense, so sny thoughts of me ignoring you can leave right now."

Jenny | Slindis | Teri

The Cleric nodded grimly, and after a sorry attempt to wipe the tears from her face, she took a few deep breaths and drank from one her water bottles, the action helping in her calming down a bit, even if her emotions were anything but.

Taking in another gasp of air, Teri looked ready to say something, but then shot her hand before her; chanting something in Celestial -

Teri, under the mental circumstances before her, must roll a concentration check to cast her spell! She rolls a 20!

and a Dire Badger of Ice appeared... Right as the mob of rioters did.

Jenny | Slindis | Teri

Jenny instantly recoiled when Teri brought up the Dagger, falling over backwards onto the ground as he did.
"Oh my god! Teri! Please. Don't do this!" She pleaded, thinking that Teri was going to hurt herself.
"Jenny! Turn around!" Teri stated, resulting in her doing just that.
A Massive wave of Rioters, both Cultist and those just along for the hell of it, came rushing towards them, laying to ruin all that they passed.
"...I swear it's one thing after another around here!" She said as she picked herself up.
In a bid to buy some time, she placed a Rather large Reflect barrier, about the size of a large wall in their path to slow them down.
"If you two have plans, now would be the time for them!" She said as the first Rioters hit the invisible wall in their path.

Jenny | Slindis | Teri

Slindis looked at the mass of rioters in concern. "Jenny, Teri, we're cut off here. We need to find a position that's more easily defended!" She began leading the group to a household by a forest. It wasn't the best, but it was better than nothing.

Jenny | Slindis | Teri

In an interesting twist, the oncoming danger seemed to be just the thing needed to get the Cleric back to Reality. Her eyes, although still wet, refocused upon what was before them, and called out, "Hold the line! And please forgive me!"

Turning around, the Cleric began to run with her Teacher and Jenny, silently praying that Ice Constructs could not feel pain. This prayer kept going especially after hearing the sound of glass breaking, and the roar of the Badger as it began to tear into the enemies around it...

Jenny | Slindis | Teri

Slindis looked at the mob coming at them and stood by the entrance of the house. It wasn't in the best condition, but it could help with the defense. "Teri, stay inside and drench them if they get close!" She leapt forward into the crowd, delivering punishing blows to a portion of the crowd and dropping members of the cult as she went. Perhaps a strong first strike would make the horde back off.

Jenny | Slindis | Teri

"Teri, stay inside and drench them if they get close!"

"Yes Ma'am! Helga, Snuffles! To me!"

In the next few moments, Slindis saw two beasts of ice appear, the first being the Badger again, and the second a Wolf. Both charged at the oncoming hoard, and did their best to tear down the forces with the Paladin. However, numbers proved to be difficult, even for the creatures of ice. The Cultists were shouting something that bolstered the spirits of the attackers, and they were not so easily quelled by the Paladin's will to fight back.

Jenny | Slindis | Teri

She worked with the ice creatures to punch through the attackers, delivering enough damage to begin making a path through to some of the Cultists. However, the attackers that weren't focusing on Slindis and the ice creatures were making their way to the house that Teri was holed up in...

Jenny | Slindis | Teri

Teri gritted her teeth as she waved her hands, readying her next spell, "Sword of Divine Justice, lend your aid! Your Daughter calls you!"

On cue, the blade of force appeared, and began stabbing at an enemy before the door, it's focus limited. Thus, this prompted the Cleric to pour one of her water bottles out instead, chanting Aquan over it, "Squishy, we could really use some help right now..."

When the Elemental rose, Teri was give the pleasant surprise of finding that he/it had grown since she had last used him. Now, the elemental was about her size, it being one head taller. Pointing outside, the Cleric watched as her stronger comrade began to bring his bulk down against more attackers, to which the Cultists cried,

"Look! Heretical magic! DO NOT ALLOW THESE DEMON WORSHIPERS TO LIVE! BRING DOWN THESE CHILDREN OF THE FALSE PROPHET!"

Their words had good effect too, as more began crawling towards the house, and away from Slindis and the weakening ice constructs. They would not last much longer, be it via attack or the spell's duration. Furthermore, in shooting a glance towards her student, Slindis could already see that it would be some time before the Cleric could cast again.

But that did not mean the girl was without ideas. Pulling a cross out from her satchel, the girl held up her cross and called out, "In the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, bless this child of water, so he may guard your Daughter! AMEN!"

Teri rolls a 28 on her attempt to bolster Squishy the Water Elemental! IT'S SUPER EFFECTIVE! It is now treated as if it has 12 Hit Dice (equivalent HP for a level 12 character)

The Water Elemental shivered for a moment, and then stood firm again; it's strength increased greatly by Teri's call to arms. With it's renewed vigor, the Elemental brought itself hard against the attackers of it's Mistress...

Jenny | Slindis | Teri

Slindis looked at the enemies headed towards Teri and chanted to Tira to give her strength then faded from view for a moment, reappearing at the rear of the group headed towards Teri and Jenny. The Gardevoir placed another Reflect barrier, but it would only hold for so long against these numbers.

Slindis activated Divine Might, Shadow Fade, and Divine Favor! For the next minute, Slindis has a 25% chance to be missed due to partial incorporeality, and her attacks have a +7 bonus to damage for a minute as well. Keep in mind that her monk stance gives an additional 20% dodge chance before Shadow Fade is counted in.

Although the Paladin was able to knock down quite a few attackers, but the amount of them would prove to be too much if the rest of the group didn't notice the issue here.

"Teri, hold for a bit longer and I can get to you!"

Time: Afternoon| January 2nd

Aftan | Akane | Gabrielle | David

"Attention all, this is West, In position. I'll act as spotter and provide Support, just keep in touch and I'll be able to Mark and Execute Targets, West Out." David's voice sounded out through Gabrielle's headset as she was still in position overlooking the National Mall, a smile crossing her face as she realized that she had company up in the roof tops. Scanning the upper levels of the National Mall, she spotted the Irish Sniper and activated the laser sight on her own silenced shadow crafted MSG90, tagging the man in the chest.

"Hey David! It's Gabs! I'm up here with you... watching you." She said with a laugh as she began scanning the surface streets for threats that would hamper the groups advancement towards Tomoya.

Spotting Aftan and Akane, she couldn't help but smile as she saw the two move stealthily around the perimeter of the rioters and the soldiers that were attempting to contain them.

Angelus | Cadolbolg | Caim | Ton Ton

Deciding that flying was too great a risk of being spotted, Cadolbolg landed and started walking along side his mother and father, keeping a distance from them so that they could safely defend themselves if the group ran into any of those cultists that were running amok through the streets of the District of Columbia.

However the decidedly slower pace they were taking was not without its cost as Cadolbolg quickly found himself bored and itching for a fight.

"Mother... Father... do you think I could go out and play with a few of those 'cultists' that have broken off from the main pack and started looting the local electronics shops?" The Mini-Dragon asked as he stretched his wings that had fallen asleep on him. It was a funny thing that even though he was still moving at a decent pace that matched his parents, his wings weren't used to inactivity for that long. Even in his sleep they would occasionally flutter as he dreamed of soaring through the clouds roasting enemies with fire... though sometimes he dreamed it was lightning.

Devon | Ella

The sedative that Mark had administered on the Succubus seemed to be helping as she looked a bit more in control of herself, though in control of her body and coherent thought was a totally different thing if you want to get down to the nitty gritty. Looking at Devon, in her drug induced state, she couldn't help but notice the way that he was clutching her protectively. It would have been rather sexy if it weren't for the fact that the sedative had another unpleasant side effect.

*BLEEEEECCCCCH*

Yup... nausea. Sure it could have been sexy nausea if one into that sort of thing but it was nausea none the less.

"uggh... sorry" She said weakly as she tried to wipe a bit that had gotten on Devon's crotch... an action that would have been rather ... erm... comical(?) if it weren't for the fact that it appeared that Devon was dragging around a college aged girl on roofies.

"You know... Devon... I think you're sweet... and... I think I really like you... it's... just too bad that mommy said that ... I couldn't... fall for you... she said... that would make me ... a weakling ... like my sister... and... I'm... I'm... sorry about your friend...." Ella blabbed incoherently as she stumbled on the sidewalk.

Let this be a lesson to you Devon... never... ever... EVER... let Mark inject an unknown sedative into the girl that you've got feelings for... you might find out things that you don't want to know.

Jenny | Lucifer | Slindis | Teri

The Fallen one had not quite reached the position where Jenny, Slindis and Teri were in the midst of fighting off a group of doomsday cultists and... I'll be honest... there's a perfectly good explanation for that. The Incarnation of Evil on Earth was currently laying on the sidewalk with a sword sized hole in his stomach, caused by an Angel blade that happened to be laying next to him... still attached to the wielder's detached hand.

"How... how... could this... have... happened?" The Prince of Lies thought weakly as he struggled to maintain consciousness, the wound on his stomach refusing to close due to the Blessings that had been placed on the Angelic Weapon.

"oh... yeah..." He thought to himself as he remembered the sensation of running... the blissful emotions that had filled his head at the time and had ended up clouding his judgement and his awareness in the end, you see while he was chasing after the one thing in eternity that had, in recent memory, put a huge smile on his face, he had managed to run into an Angel patrol.

---

"HEY YOU! YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE HERE!" The Patrol Captain said as he hadn't yet realized who Lucifer was due to him still being in his true form.

"HEY! I'M TALK... WAIT YOU'RE NOT ONE OF US!" The Captain said as it dawned upon him that he was looking at the true face of the Adversary that he had been taught to fear since his creation.

"KILL HIM!" The order was given followed by the sound of swords being drawn.

"I don't have time for this... you assholes and you don't want to mess with me today." He warned as it dawned upon him afterwards that regardless of what he had said to them, he would have had to kill them anyways for seeing his true form.

Cloaking himself back in the darkness that was familiar to him, his Daemon form caused the patrol members to hesitate for a moment, the fear of the Dark Lord of the Pits kicking in for a moment before their courage urged them to destroy the Leader of Hell.

---

"Poor saps..." He thought to himself as he looked at the bodies of the Angels that had been strewn around him... curiously, the scene was free of blood... the Devil's sword having absorbing a patrol's worth of blood as its owner sliced through their ranks.

Still... he was wishing ... that... he... had seen ... her... one... more...

Kurumu | Melethia | Puce

Kurumu laughed at Melethia's idea, not because it was a horrible idea but because it added to much flexibility to their attack.

"I could also make some explosives for you to drop on their ranks... or put you in places that they wouldn't expect an attack coming from!" The Succubus said excitedly as she looked at her partner in crime and dismemberment.

"Oh... lord... I've created a monster." Puce muttered as he listened in on the conversation.

"I can't wait to try some of the stuff we're thinking of out. It sounds like such a riot!"

Time: Midday

Kyre | Mark

Kyre heard words, but she didn't understand then. Rather, she knew what they meant, but she didn't want to understand them. Her heart pounded in fury and the slightest visible wetness stained her emerald eyes. The young anti-mage took a step back and placed a hand on each of her shoulders. "Friends. that is a word I do not believe you privileged to use in regards to me! At least not anymore!" She turned and drew Fang from his sheath and brandished it at Mark, the wetness in her eyes had swelled into tears, "I don't want to hear anything that tells me I can't have what I want! I just want her to be mine, and no one else's. I can't stand the thought of someone else touching her. So don't tell me these things that you know, because I don't want to know them!"

---

BlackHarte | Red Mage

"You are no longer a talkative man Red," BlackHarte laughed as he took his hand off of the white-haired mage's forehead. Red Mage was putting on his best baffled expression, and it still failed to convey the amount of confusion he was feeling.

BlackHarte sat down in the space next to Red and looked him in the eyes, "Kyre Cwanuld," he said nonchalantly as Red listened from his crystal prison, "I need all the information you can remember gathering on her. Especially anything indicating obsessive possessiveness of people."

Red Mage nodded, his voice broken and torn from his throat. A punishment that rendered him unable to call the power of the Chaos Words. But his eyes spoke for him and BlackHarte listened well.

Kyre | Mark

Mark's first thought would have, up until the point in the forest where she tried to kill him, to be to approach the Anti-Mage and challenge her resolve to kill him. She was upset and that was understandable, the last thing that he wanted to do was do attempt something so drastic as to push her over the edge and bury Talon up to its hilt in the Writer's chest.

"Kyre... I understand you're upset and I know why... I've been at that point before where I was obsessive and possessive over someone that I thought that I was meant to be with for eternity. But it just didn't work out and eventually I got over it... but I wish I had gotten over it much sooner than I had. So much time wasted." He explained, hoping that he could somehow tap into a rational part of her brain that could take control.

"Sure it'll hurt now..." He started to say as he crouched down to her eye level, "but honestly... I think that you need to find something or someone else that can make you happy. It's not going to be her... I can guarantee that. The road that you're headed down... it's only going to end up with more and more pain for you. You don't want to be in pain do you?"

Kyre | Mark

"N-no," Kyre replied, putting down her sword, "being in pain is terrible. Awful. But, I'm hurting right now too!" She broke into true tears and replaced Fang into his sheath before grabbing onto Mark's shirt, "What do I do..." she screamed, "I want her, but I don't want to get hurt, but I want her so bad!"

She pounded on Mark's chest, "TELL ME WHAT TO DO! I HATE THINKING FOR MYSELF"

A.I. Vermilion | Jake
Jake smiled a little before grabbing his pendant. A small flash of blue from it, and a tiny change happened aboard the Rising Dawn.

"Miss Vermillion, I believe you will now find you have the ability to project yourself as a holographic full colour avatar anywhere in the ship now. Now I will rebut your point. Logically, you are correct. Emotionally, you are not. It is not that I do not see a future here for myself, it is that I do not wish to have a future here. I do not belong, nor do I wish to. As for Akane, don't be startled, but she has an adoptive father, a man called Jack. The Grim Reaper. Another character of mine."

Turning back out to look upon the rioting city below he sighed. "As for this ship, her captain is long gone. I can't replace Dillon. I won't either. She is the ship of her crew, and her crew is always changing. Rising Dawn is a lovely ship, but mine she is not and never will be. I don't feel it."

"Who are we moving to support Aftan? I can sense Slindis, Jenny and Teri nearby, Devon and his succubus close by as well in the other direction."

Jenny | Slindis | Teri

As Slindis started making her slow way back to the house, she heard a deathly rattle from the ice beasts, and saw them being overrun by the crowd, the numbers and brutality bolstered by the Cultists cries for blood.

"Kill the heretics!"
"Spread their entrails!"
"Make them regret worshiping false gods!"

The group began converging around the house, their efforts to the Paladin obviously not doing nearly as much as they'd like, especially with her temporary incorporeality in place. Thus, the Paladin began to wade back through the crowd in a desperate attempt to reach her student.

Speaking of said Cleric, Teri was panicking on account of her ice constructs being demolished, her bolstered water Elemental beginning to fade, and the Reflect Jenny had erected beginning to crack. With nothing offensive available, Teri was silently trying to encourage her last line of defense to stay up just a little longer, "Come on! you can hold on! Keep at it, Squishy!"

Ah, but like any other spell or incantation, the Water Elemental could only blubber unhappily as it began to sink into a puddle on the ground; it's time on this plane ending.

As Teri pleaded with the Water Elemental, dark grins appeared behind the wall, and the sound of cracking glass becoming louder and louder. Taking a deep breath, Teri began to get another water bottle from her bag to unleash another Elemental on these forces. If she was to die here, she was not going down without a fight.

However, that train of thought was brought to a screeching halt when a humongous grey thing barreled into the forces, knocking rioters high into the air. Another one followed after it from the other direction; this one black, as it too knocked some cultists away, and cleared a path for the Paladin to reach her student. The Cleric's jaw dropped when she realized what had decided to help them... Wolves. Big wolves.

A.I. Vermilion | Jake

The Holographic Projectors hummed to life for the first time since their creation as the cloaked female A.I. materialized in the middle of the bridge, a smile brightening the visible portions of her face.

"Thank you Jake." She stated as she walked towards where he was standing, her image shimmering as she walked through a console rather than around it and stood by as the ship's acting Captain watched the city tear itself apart.

"Could I be so bold as to inquire why it is that you do not see nor desire a future for yourself here?" She asked as she adjusted the flight path slightly so that Jake could see the portions of the U.S. Capitol that had not yet been touched by the violence below.

"From what I can tell of my Master's beliefs, it is not you who chooses whether or not you belong to this world but it is the world that chooses you to belong in it. There have been times, according to his memories, that he was about to abandon it and seek whatever it was that he seeks elsewhere... however he has been drawn back time and time again." She reported before changing the topic to that of the Ship's Captain.

"As for the role of the Ship's captain... historically speaking... the captain has always seemed to go through bouts of insanity. As someone whose status is listed as insane on his file... would it not be wise to choose a Captain whose actions are already predictable in that respect?" The Vermilion Hologram said in a manner that Jake wasn't able to tell if she was being serious or not.

Aftan chose the later as the choice as to who to support. According what the White Knight was aware of, Devon was not that powerful a fighter and if pushed, the Succubus and the Bard might have a difficult time of things if they were cornered.

"I believe that we are most needed with Master Devon as he is not the strongest in a fight where as Slindis will be more than a match for a few cultists." The White Knight reported as she lead Akane towards the Bard and the Succubus.

The two paused in an alley for a tense but brief minute as a group of rioters passed by, the sounds of their chanting echoing off the sides of the buildings that surrounded them.

"Come... let us hurry lest we be discovered or Master Devon is discovered."

Kyre | Mark

Mark did the only thing he could do... he let the girl bang on his chest and allowed her to get whatever emotions she was feeling out of her system. It was the best that he could do for her given the circumstances. He knew that Kyre had never stopped in the Pub and that she likely never would and when Puce and Kurumu retired... that was there they would be for quite some time.

While it might be a blessing sometimes to know what the future holds for the people that you created... sometimes it was a bloody curse.

"Look Kyre... I can't tell you what to do... so you'll have to figure it out for yourself. You're a big girl so you can decide for yourself." The Dramatist said as he reached into his back pocket and produced a handkerchief for the young Anti-Mage, wiping the tears away from the Emerald eyes.

"So... what do you think you should do?"

Devon | Ella

Devon continued helping the inebriated Succubus out, rubbing her back to help with the nausea. "Ella, you aren't weak for going against something your mom'd want. It's your life, so it's your choice, okay? Either way, I'll be here for you." The talk was punctuated by the Succubus vomiting on Devon's pants again, and he laughed awkwardly as he wiped it off.

"Yup, even if ya do that again. It's pretty easy to clean up, anyway." Sure, having vomit on his pants wasn't the most pleasant thing, but after going through Hell and the gauntlet of multiple people from Eberron that would rightfully want him dead and making it through? There wasn't much that could out awkward that.

When the wolves popped up, Slindis smiled mentally. She finally had some help here! The large grey one somehow seemed to know what the Paladin was planning and the two worked to scatter the Cultist's ranks with the Paladin proving to be extremely difficult to hit. Within a short amount of time, the two wolves left the forces in disarray, ripping out throats and tearing out the guts of the hapless cultists with terrifying force before letting out loud howls to celebrate their victory.

"Teri, are you alright?" She was clearly concerned, but something about the large grey wolf felt familiar...

Kurumu | Melethia | Puce

Melethia's eyes gleamed. "What about small electrical bombs to fry the group, Skyhair? Or some Flashbangs while we gut them? Ooh, maybe we can combine the compounds..." She was clearly getting into the plans as well and turned to Puce.

"Hey, why should we fight fair? As Mister Cage'd say, that's for suckers or people not smart enough to make things work for them! After all, we've got the stuff, so why not?"

time: ???

A young teenage boy probably around 15 was standing in the middle of a street. He had no clue where he was or how he had gotten there, but he could hardly see a thing because of the darkness. For Some reason there was no moon out. The boy felt scared and alone as he took in his surroundings.

There were houses on either side of the street. The strange thing was there were no side streets so he could either go forward or back. As he stood there frightened he swore he heard something in the darkness. At first it was just murmuring sounds, but eventually he could make out a few words. "Failure....", "Disgrace!", were just some of the few words that were spoken.

That's when he saw... it. It appeared to be a 12 year old boy at first, but with more inspection you could see that the boy was so skinny he might as well been a walking corpse. He had burn marks all over his body and he was missing teeth. But the worst part to the boy were the eyes. The thing had cat like eyes, but the iris was completely red while the rest of the eye was a jet black.

Just then he could hear the whispers get louder and saw that there were more small boys climbing out of the houses all oaky approaching him. He then felt the ground shake and turned around to see the ground split open. There was a black smoke and darkness that billowed out and seemed to infect the ground and air turning them both pitch black. He saw more of the things from before emerging from the crack.

That's when he turned tail and ran. Running as fast as he could be go about 20 to 30 feet before he stopped. Another crack had opened up in the ground. He turned left and saw nothing. Then he turned right and saw an open door. He quickly dashed inside and closed the door behind him. Only to have the windows shatter only moments later. He ran to the second floor of the building, and ran into a bedroom quickly closing the door behind him. He backed up to the window while the creatures banged on the door. That's when he saw a shadow figure just phase through the door and slowly walk towards him. He began to panic looking for a way out but he saw none. When the shadow got so close he could hardly stand it the shadow whispered "you are a failure..." It the hit him in the chest on sent him flying through the window towards the pitch black ground....

AA World

D.C. Battle Grounds.

Shadow could faintly hear the wind in his ears as he slowly woke up. That's when he heard a voice demand

WAKE UP!

Shadow quickly jerked his eyes open to find himself falling through the air at an alarming pace. He was had barely enough time to ajust himself so he didn't land head first. He hit the ground and cause the earth around him to crack and break.

Any broken bones he might have had quickly healed and he stood up. He quickly checked to see what weapons he has as he gazed at his surroundings. Was there a mass riot? There sure were a lot of crazy people about. He then realized e had his favorite sniper, a glock, a M4, and... wait he was missing something.....

Just the he looked up to see someone falling strait towards him who he easily caught. He instantly recognized the person as Taytum and have her a curious look behind his helmet.

Just then he heard "Kill the heretic!" It was then be noticed he was surrounded...

"Taytum... transform..." Was all he said as he went to ingage any enemies nearby out of pure bloodlust.

A.I. Vermilion | Jake
"Did I not make it clear enough Miss Vermillion? I have no place in this world I helped to create and populate and inflict pain on. It used to be an escape for me from the terrors of my much simpler life back then. Now, I stand here in it, seeking to right my wrongs. I do not seek to atone for my sins, merely fix what destruction I have wrought, then take my punishment as it comes. THAT is why I have no desire to continue living here. As for returning to my true home, there is nothing there for me. It is as if I simply never existed. Trust me. I checked. So, true to the ideals of my homeland, Australia, I move forward. Neither of our national emblems, the Kangaroo and the Emu can step backwards, did you know?"

He turned to look her in the eyes, his fierce blue meeting her Vermillion.

"It is a good thing I am not your master then. He and I are quite different. And I cannot fault you on your logic of defining me as Captain. For now, I'm stuck with the job, eh?" he grinned ferally, showing the AI she had one thing right.

"Mmm! They are not far away now, 2 more houses should nearly do it... The succubus is not well, her spirit radiates weakly for one of her kind."

Teri's jaw remained firmly at the floor when she saw the sheer brutality that the wolves were capable of, and shivered when she saw the pair of them approach; blood still dripping from their jaws.

The Grey one immediately took a familiar approach to Slindis, as it nosed her side gently, almost like a puppy demanding her attention. The black wolf, although about a foot smaller in both height and length, was still imposing in it's size over the young author; only stared at the girl as it's alpha (at least, Teri assumed it was it's alpha) tried to get Slindis' attention. That was when Teri noticed that the wolf was bleeding from it's snout, a cut no doubt from the attack on the rioters. Even if the wolf looked scary, she gave it a little bow, and said, "I don't know how you two came to find us, but praise unto God that you did. Now, please let me return the gesture..."

Raising a shaky hand, Teri concentrated healing energies into her palm, and only touched the wolf with her fingertips; the wound closing up simply and easily. The wolf blinked a little in confusion, and looked to the larger wolf as a private to their commander for prompting.

A.I. Vermilion | Jake

"I would hardly call seeking your own end a step forward, sir." The A.I. stated simply sensing that it was time to change the topic.

"Yes, Jake. You are the current Captain of the ship and as such you should strive to be an example to the crew should you not?"

????? | ????? | Devon | Ella

Ella looked up at Devon for a moment... smiling as she did as her eyes sparkled. Whether it was from tears of happiness at hearing Devon speak the words that he did or realizing that she didn't have to always follow her mother's words, there was a moment of clarity in Ella's eyes.

"You're too kind to me, Devi. I ... I... but how do you go against the words of your mother? She gave me life... she fed me... taught me everything I know... she kept me safe from the daemon that came for me..." The succubus stated as they reached a bench just out of sight of the National mall and seated herself in it.

"I ... I have to tell you something... your friend... the cleric... she..." She stopped as she saw Aftan and Akane approaching their position.

"I'll tell you later" The Devil's Daughter said as she greeted the White Knight and the Kitsune.

He wasn't dead yet... that was probably a good thing... but he was still in an assload of pain. They say that one of the worst ways to die is a wound to the belly. It allows all those nice digestive fluids and waste products into your abdomen. Think of it as bathing your insides in shit and gastric acid.

Even though he wasn't dead, he was still far from mobile but he was starting to feel cold... a sign of blood loss. He was losing his connection with the world... even the amulet that he had given Our Dear Little Cleric seemed as if it was light years away he could barely sense it... but when he did catch little snippets of what she was feeling... he discovered that she was under a tremendous amount of stress.

"Come on... old man... let's go..." Lucifer said to himself as he picked himself off the ground only to fall back down... not the most distinguished position that the Morning Star had found himself in during his life.

---

The Fallen One charged the group of Angels head on, his sword drawn and calling out for the blood of the Devil's adversaries.

*CLANG!!! PWING!!!*

The Black sword had sliced through the air to meet a Heaven forged blade and neatly sliced through the very same blade, sensing the sword shard flying though the air as The Beast of the Pits' used the momentum from his opening swing to bring his sword behind him to guard against an attack that came from behind while his boot came up and connected with an Angelic Solar Plexus, robbing one of one of his attackers of air before the attacker was robbed of his life with a simple twist of the neck.

A quick death was the least that the Lord of Darkness could give his former brethren.

"Sorry. Wrong place at the wrong time." He muttered as he took out the second of the five members of the Angel Scouting Patrol, the Black Blade burying itself in the Angel's chest piercing his heart and snuffing out the life behind the victim's eyes.

It was at that point that things started going wrong... a vision of a massive wave of rioters closing in on Jenny, Slindis and Teri rushed into the Archdaemon's head as the amulet dutifully reported to its creator.

A moment's distraction was all that was needed as the Patrol leader plunged the blade of his sword into Lucifer's gut.

"AUUUUGH!!!"" The Fallen one yelled in pain as he lashed out with his blade... taking the hands of the Patrol leader before taking his head as well.

---

The Prince of Lies still fought against the cursed forces of gravity and unable to come up with the strength in his arms he started doing something he never thought he would see himself doing... he started crawling towards where he sensed Teri was.

Kurumu | Melethia | Puce

Puce shook his head.

"No.. I'm not complaining about a fair fight or anything like that. I'm just thinking that you two are going to be battle field terrors... but I think you're gonna have some stiff competition if what I saw in Cadolbolg's eyes is any indication of things to come. He's pretty dead set in being as good a warrior as Caim and Angie combined." Puce said causing Kuru to laugh.

"That mini-dragon? He's too much of a sweetheart. He's always been a good kid... dumb as a doorknob but still a sweetkid." The Succubus said as she turned back towards Melethia.

"How about sticky bombs combined with an immolation chemical. They'll be stuck in place and burn... unable to get to any source of water." The Succubus said thinking of other combinations they could use.

"Or... an metal oxydizer... equipment'll just fall apart in seconds. It'll help when we need to capture some people alive."

Slindis looked at the wolf for a few moments, trying to figure out where she knew it before she saw a small speckled pattern on his left forepaw that she'd seen a long time ago. "...Lupito? You made it out of there?" She approached the wolf before it pounced on her and started licking her on the face. To most others observing it would look like an attack, but it was more a sign of affection that showed the black wolf that it was fine to approach Teri. "You really grew up on me, didn't you? ...II'm so glad to have you back. But how did you find me?"

A.I. Vermilion | Jake
"Well, my goal is different from yours, is it not? Well, time to command then. Reposition us so that our patrol pattern is right on the limit of the enemy air defences, I would like us to be able to respond at a moment's notice. Keep the drones in current pattern, they are fine. All weapons armed and safeties off please. As best as you can, please liaise with Mr Dimitri and keep me updated on crew status and position. We're the support... The Cavalry. And the Cavalry can never afford to be late." Jake ordered. Fire returned to his eyes and spirit as he fell into a practiced routine.

He was used to commanding, both online and offline.

Akane | Aftan | Devon | Ella

He rubbed the Succubus' back as he continued to talk to her on the bench. "I know, it's not easy. But you can become your own person. If she really loves you unconditionally, she'd be happy with you taking whatever path you want. And as I keep telling you time and time again, I'll be here for you, Ella. I know that it's hard for you to see, but you really are an amazing person." The Bard hugged Ella before seeing Akane and Aftan approach and waved casually to them.

"Good to see you again, Aftan and Akane. What brings you here?" Devon seemed unusually calm for the chaos in the area around them.

Kurumu | Melethia | Puce

She got an impish grin "What about a corrosive salt that absorbs the water out of the bodies? Mainly a contact thing, but it's something that wreaks havoc on 'em. It's also really flammable..." The two continued to bounce ideas off each other, each one more effective at taking the enemy out than the last.

Jenny | Lucifer | Slindis | Teri | Wolves

The black wolf relaxed upon seeing it's alpha act so lax around the other two-legged creature, and decided that this creature must have been the pup of the group. She was so small, and shaky. She had to be; given how fiercely the Female-Alpha looked after her. Thus, the black wolf brought it's snout down, and gave a happy whine when the girl began to scratch around it's head.

Teri laughed at this, "Goodness, I know wolves are supposed to be related to dogs, but this is ridiculous! Then again, black wolves are said to be genetically closer to dogs because of intermingling... hmmn, I wonder if I can name you? That other wolf seems pretty keen on Slindis, and she knows him."

She thought for a moment as she pet the white areas around the wolf's snout, and nodded, "How about 'Garm'? You know, guardian of Queen Hel's gates? Slayer of Tyr? Herald of Ragnorak? Ring any bells?"

The wolf only stared at the girl, but it did not object to the title. This made the Cleric laugh again, and more petting ensued, "Hey, Garm is an awesome name! Besides, you pull off the Hellhound look well, with that blood on your face."

As the notion of hellhounds entered and left her mind, Teri was reminded of what she had been trying to flee moments ago; and frowned faintly, "I wonder if they have hellhounds too? Not that I really want to ask..."

As she continued that thought, a sense of dread filled her stomach, and she began to notice... A tugging? What was this?

"... Ms. Slindis? I think something's wrong."

Dimension: Avatar Adventures Universe:

Time: Afternoon | January 2nd

Shadow walked away from a pile of mutilated bodies whistling gleefully. He began to search around looking for any members of the Rising Dawn so they could fill him in on the situation. He knew they were there because wherever trouble is they somehow seem to find it.

Akane smiled and waved at the young man and his partner. "Ohaiyo! Good to see you safe Devon-san! We came to link up with you, it's safer to travel in small groups. Is she okay?"

Airship Rising Dawn - The Beachhead

Jenny | Lucifer | Slindis | Teri | Wolves

Lupito finally finished licking Slin's face and looked at the other wolf, giving a small yip to signal to Garm that he'd be working with them now as he walked with Slindis over to Teri. "Teri, is it one of the people you put the Status spell on? We'll all move together this time to find the injured person." Slindis stroked the massive wolf that was up to her shoulders, remembering that he'd barely gone up to her calf the last time she'd seen him.

Devon nodded. "She's relatively okay, but something Mark injected into her really doesn't seem to be agreeing with her. Ella, feel up to moving with these two here? They do have a point: it will be a lot safer if we stick together."

Jenny

After taking a moment to compose herself after nearly getting killed by a huge mob which was then killed my Lupito and Garm, Jenny was now watching Teri and Slindis get to know their new/old pets.
She was tired and confused from the events thus far, It was then he sensed him.
"....The Injured person is that..."Man" from earlier...He's badly wounded. Come on, no time to waste." She said, the "Man" being Lucifer.

David/Rugal

David chuckled when Gabrielle stated she was his support.
"Copy that Gabs, I'm going to look out for Tomoya....Huh...Seems like out steroid pushing friend is rushing ahead..." He commented as he watched Rugal bypass several angry mobs.
It was less of a matter of them being a threat and more of him not wanting to tip everyone off.
....Nah....Not worth the bullet... David thought as he half plotted to snipe Rugal while he could.
So he focused on finding a better target: Tomoya.

A.I. Vermilion | Jake

While the ship seemed to not move at all underneath Jake, his perspective of the world did as the Airship maneuvered itself into position as per his orders. The weapons however were plenty loud as the Missile Turrets and Plasma Cannons whirred into position.

"The Ship has repositioned itself per your orders. Weapons are fully charged and all missile turrets have been loaded. We are currently approaching the outer perimeter of Andrews Airforce Base on the East side of the District of Columbia. The base is home to the 113th Airwing who has been assigned a squadron of F-16D Fighting Falcons. Current sensor data shows that the ground crews are preparing to mobilize these planes." The A.I. stated as she awaited orders.

Aftan | Akane | Devon | Ella

Ella looked up from where she was sitting and nodded, her head already clearing up from the sedative that Mark had administered earlier to help her calm her mind down.

"Yeah... I'm ready to go and sure... I think sticking it out with these two would be good." She stated as she picked herself up off the bench.

"So... where are we headed. It looks like those rioters are on their way towards the Capital Building." The Succubus said as scanned the area.

"Maybe we can blend in with and get to where we need to be safely."

The sound of approaching feet is the sound that caused the Devil to lift his head off the ground as he spotted two ... dogs? ... walking towards him.

"What an undignified way to go." He muttered to himself as he tried to muster enough energy to at least put up a good defense... of course it was all pretty useless as he didn't seem to have enough strength to crawl any further. Whatever happened... he hoped it was as quick as he had made it for that Angel patrol.

---

The Morning Star's stomach burned as the Blessing that had been placed upon the weapon went about doing what it had been designed to do... that is cause as much damage to an unclean soul as possible. He had seen the effects of such weapons on the other rebellious Angels that had been foolish enough to follow him against the Boss.

Ripping the blade out of his stomach, Lucifer lashed out with a gout of hellfire. The fire, far hotter than the surface of the sun, consumed the poor Patrol Leader quickly enough, leaving only a mass of ash where a living being once stood.

"Two more." Lucifer said the two remaining Angels were the ones that were giving him the most trouble. One would defend against Lucifer's attack while the other one attacked. It would have been a great strategy on their part had they been facing someone else but they were facing an Archdaemon and not only that... the one who had been responsible for the great Rebellion.

Mustering up the last bit of his strength The Morning Star delivered a fatal punch to the neck of the 4th Angel before delivering a strike that almost cut the last of the Angel's in half. Before falling down to the ground where he stood.

---

Looked up at the dogs that were probably going to make a mess of thing Lucifer saw a trio running towards him... a smile crossing his face as he passed out as he realized that one of them was Teri.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 . . . 875 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here