The Escapist Avatar Adventure: An Open RP (Now Re-Opened!)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 . . . 873 NEXT

Jenny | Lucifer | Rugal | Slindis | Teri

Jenny, Lupitop, Slindis
Lupito looked Jenny in the eye and kept thinking to Jenny It's the instinct telling me, but that man's got something off about him, The instincts of a predator. I don't like him near Slindis or her pups at all He was keeping the thoughts in his mind, making Jenny the only one that could hear him.

Slindis went over to Jenny. "Can you talk to him? I've never been ale to talk to him before, so I'm curious as to what his thoughts were on me."

Rugal | Teri

"What?"

Her breath caught for a moment, and her brain was trying to process what had just happened. Rugal Bernstein, Cartel Lord, had just given her an honest to goodness apology, as well as a formal renewal of his promise. Where did all this come from? Her angry letter?! Then that would mean...

And this was the straw that broke the camel's back. With the emotion over-saturation still in place, discovering latent feelings for an enemy(?), almost dying (again), said person of affectionate feelings almost dying and then this? Her attempts at composure broke, and the girl collapsed to the ground, tears pouring out of her face.

"I can't believe it! you- you- " *sob*

She kept crying, and Rugal could tell right away that this wasn't just about him. Oh no, from the looks of it, she had been bottling things up for a while.

There was a chocking sort of laughter between the sobs, and she cried, "Don't get me wrong, I am happy! I've just had a lot happen in a short amount of time! I almost died again, My emotions are going haywire because Slindis and that angel went in my head and had to beat up a monster in there, AND I thought you only thought of us as utility! Cut me a little slack, okay?"

Jenny

Jenny did have to admit that Rugal seemed to be less forgiving then his comrades.
...I can sorta understand that actu-
Her train of thought was broken by Slindis's question.
"Well, It's not really talk as much Mental communication. Still, he is remarkably smart for his kind. It's more like reading a human mind then a wolfs!" she explained, petting the large creature.
"But I can only tell you what he wants to me to tell you..." So how about it? Any messages for your master, Lupito?

Rugal
...was it something I said?... Rugal asked himself as Teri broke down in front of him and started going on about that Angel and Slindis beating up something in her head, something he figured he wouldn't understand, so he didn't bother trying.
Sighing a little, he sat the both of them down against a wall and let her cry her heart out while carrying (Not Hugging) her in his arms, seeing how well that worked for Slindis.
...I'm glad I don't have spy satellites, would hate for a picture of this to get out... He thought, this was not in his list of plans when he first sneaked on as Hartmann.

Diablo1099:
[

Jenny

Slindis looked over at Jenny and sighed. "I just wish I could talk to him."

So do I, Slindis. The mental message was sent to Slindis as well, and the drow's eyes opened up wide. "You can talk, Lupito? I never knew that!"

He responded to her in a cautious tone. Slindis, that blond man isn't good to trust. He could end up harming your pups.

She talked to him again. "I understand, but he's also helped out the people here. Don't attack him, please."

Really? If that's what you want, but if he tries anything...

Riki & Kud.
Location: Outside Capitol Building | National Mall | Washington DC, America.
Time: 9 Am.
Weather: Dark Clouds.

David, Tajuh, Shadow, Riki, Kud

As the group marched onto the Capitol building the group could clearly see the riots from both sides. The police and army trying to stop the cultists which were still sacrificing people. The angels which were left retreated back to the unknown, but still the blood of many were being spilled in the National Mall.

The couple looked at David which still looked devastated for his failure to shoot Tomoya and Tomoya's insult which he added. "No, you are wrong. I'm simply holding onto it so we can actually win... also Shaun the author doesn't trust anyone else with this... and I can see why with Tomoya going evil." Riki said to the group with a mature yet innocent face.

"Shaun doesn't want anyone else to have that kind of power anymore... " Kud said with a quiet voice which some how managed to reach everyone's ears. Yet it was still unclear what the author Shaun's fate was, was he alive or dead. To everyone's knowledge he was just captured in a cell on the Blackhawke, and yet there was another force behind everything.

Archangel Michael
Time: Midday.
Weather: Clear with a crisp wind.

The Archangel of fire was enraged about the reports which came from his Angels which sent a bottle of whiskey out of the window. "FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK, why the hell is HE there!?" He simply yelled to the empty room he was within. Looking quickly outside he could see the ships which were left over from the everlasting war on Hell. "Okay... lets do this... " He smiled as he went to the balcony in the room.

"Everyone, it is time to retrieve my fallen brother... The Archangel of Lightning!"

Michael smiled as he teleported to the largest ship in his left over fleet and began to take control of his small army. "Hopefully those so called heroes are gathering an army as well... or we are screwed. " He gave a small chuckle as he waited for the other ships to be ready.

Tomoya.
Location: Inside Capitol Building | National Mall | Washington DC, America.
Time: 9 Am.
Weather: Dark Clouds.

Feeling a slight chill run down his spine Tomoya knew it was time to get to the killing. The entrance was painted red, multiple mutilated corpses were everywhere. Hanging from the ceiling, on the floor and nailed to the wall. Tomoya decided to make another large pile of bodies at the door so it might slow the heroes down. "Hmm, let the fun begin." He gazed to the conference room as he walked past a painting of blood he made on the wall.

Walking into the conference room he could see all the most important world leaders tied up by his black lightning. the others were not so lucky as they got killed by becoming a banana split. Tomoya was first looking at the President of the US and clicked to remove his gag. "What are you-GA" The President could only split out as Tomoya threw him onto the conference table and tied him down once again. "Hey... do you ever watch those ice carving contests. You know the ones with the chainsaws?" Tomoya smiled as he waved around a big chainsaw.

"Wa ... no, please..." The President could only yell out as the buzzing of the chainsaw cut out any sound as it descended on the president's legs. Blood sprayed everywhere as Tomoya laughed while cutting off the President's legs. For a single second he stopped in the middle of cutting the second leg and looked towards the rest. "Don't worry... you guys are next." He winked at them as the continued to saw.

Dimension: Avatar Adventures Universe

Time: Afternoon| January 2nd

Airship Rising Dawn - The Bridge
A.I. Vermilion | Jake

Clearance to enter D.C. airspace had been given thanks to Jake's apparent personal relationship to the President of the United States of America and Commander in Chief of its armed forces. The sensor screen flashed an alert immediately drawing V's attention to it.

The portion of the sensor screen that was highlighted happened to be life signs of the dignitaries that were currently located within the Capital Building, with the President's life signs being the item that was flagged as going into critical.

"Alert. The United States President's life signs indicate that he is about to go into shock due to massive trauma.!!" Vermilion reported to Jake before broadcasting the data out on all radio frequencies.

"Attention all US Military Assets and Rising Dawn. The President of the United States is currently under attack by Tomoya. His life signs show massive trauma and blood loss. Repeat. The President of the United States is currently under attack by Tomoya."

D.C. Battle Grounds - Beachhead
Jenny | Lucifer | Slindis | Teri

How long had he been laying there, just staring up at the sky after our Dear Little Cleric had left him to talk to Rugal Bernstein? Long enough to witness the birth and death of stars? Long enough for a human to have been born, lived a full and honest life and then died? Long enough for Tomoya to destroy all of Creation? He hoped that was not the case.

"Urrgh!" Lucifer groaned as he sat up, his stomach still feeling tender from the gut wound that he had been gifted by the poor Angel Patrol that had been killed by his very hands. Even as he surveyed the scene around him, he couldn't help but still feel guilt for his actions. That was another thing about him. If there was an emotion he felt second to loneliness, it was guilt.

"Sorry boys." He muttered as he picked himself off the ground and nodded thanks to Slindis and Jenny for keeping his secret as to who he was from Rugal Bernstein. Looking towards where the Cartel Leader was, he hoped that the man would live up to his word. Lucifer couldn't see the future but he knew human nature... unless they made an active effort to break their cycles, they would repeat them over and over again.

"Slindis? How long have I been out?" The Fallen One asked as he looked at the Wolves and smiled for a moment. Wolves... noble animals. They were absolutely loyal to their pack and he hoped that these lived up to their reputation.

It took time, but, eventually, the Cleric finally came back to a stable level of mental and emotional energies after pouring her heart out to the Cartel Lord. Whatever effect he had on her, the experience proved to be be for the better, and Teri could then say that she was ready to move on with the task they had be appointed: stopping Tomoya. Giving a light tap on Rugal's arm, the Cleric found herself on her own two feet again, and she gave a small bow to Rugal; "I'm glad we had this discussion, Mr. Bernstein. It has proven to be very enlightening."

Following that, Rugal saw the Cleric finally crack a genuine smile his way. It was the first he had seen on her in a long time; perhaps the last being that incident with the sunglasses. Whenever it was, it was certainly preferable to the gloom that permeated her a moment ago. As they were about to leave, the Cleric paused, and whirled around, whispering, "Man, I sure end up crying around you a lot, don't I sir? Just so you know, if you feel the need to drop a bag of feels on someone, I'll listen. And without any laughing, promise! It's only fair!"

---

The return of the duo was without incident, and to those cared to look, there was a distinct improvement in the Cleric's attitude. No longer was she shaky or unsure, rather, she looked ready to get business done, whatever that may be. She wandered to Garm, and gave the wolf a through scratching on the face, letting him know how much of a good boy he was to look after her (now up and about) patient without wavering, and looked to the group in question, "Sorry that took so long. There was a lot to talk about... Did I miss anything important?"

The Archangel that wasn't so used to being out in public in the form so much shook his head as he checked his stomach one last time and discovered that the would was fully healed thanks to Teri and Slindis' tender mercies as well as his own regenerative powers that had been given a much needed kick start.

"Nothing much, kiddo. However, I was curious as to where these wolves came from. Before I lost consciousness... I thought they were here to finish the job that these Angels started." The Morning Star said with a smile, as if embarrassed that he had been placed in such a delicate position.

He was curious however, what would happen when Rugal asked for his name... had the Cartel leader asked for his name? He was walking a very fine line at the moment, one that he had never found himself in and he hoped.... prayed even that his risk would reap a far better reward. Looking at the Cleric he had risked everything for, he smiled to himself.

"The risk is worth it" He thought to himself.

Time: Afternoon

Kyre | Mark

Kyre sobbed into Mark for quite some time after she stopped speaking. Feeling his hands on her hair and skin, she seemed to calm down a little before she pushed herself away from Mark and wiped the tears from her eyes. "What... I want to do?"

She smiled sadly, "I want to die." She concluded softly. "However, I don't think that would be the proper course of action," Kyre grabbed Mark by the hand and bowed to him, "I, thank you for your intervention of sorts."

Then the Anti-Mage turned to return to her room, heart still torn asunder, and emotions broken. However it was little understood to the Anti-Mage as to why Kurumu was unobtainable, but it had been made clear that she would best be stopping her pursuit. The internal frustration churned at her and made her body itch under her skin. Still, she was much quieter about it from then onward.

After several minutes, they neared the Capital Building, David motioning for the group to get down and hide in one of the buildings nearby to where the Dark Angel was killing all the world leaders.
"Rrrigghhhttt...So how are we going to get in there? Place is crawling in Cultists and I can imagine Tomoya would know we were coming..." He said as he scanned the area, attempting to find a safe-ish way in.

Jenny, Lucifer, Slindis, Teri , Rugal

Jenny WAS surprised the Luptio could talk to Slindis, she was just planning to act as a translator, telling the Drow what her mount thought.
"...Well...I Guess he is smart for his kind!" She joked as Rugal and Teri arrived.
She could sense that whatever happened between him, it certainly helped her a lot.

Rugal meanwhile was glad the situation was resolved, but there was work to do.
"Well, unless there is anything else, We need to get moving. The capital is lost, but there might still be a chance if we can get to the National Mall. Slin, get Luptio to go on ahead, his hearing and sense of smell should ensure we know what's ahead. Jenny, go with him, both for support and to get an idea of their movements and plans, Get inside their minds, what they know, I want to know. Teri, Slindis...."
Rugal paused as he stared at the Fallen One, Teri and Slindis worried about what'd happen if he found out who he was.
"..."Angel", All of you, with me. Come on, There is time to be lost..."
Thus, the crimelord led the way towards the mall.

Tajuh looked at the setup and stroked his chin, coming up with a plan. "Shadow, head to the side and wreak havoc. It gets to be too much, find a way out. Just keep their attention on you: you'll provide the chance we need to get through."

Slindis turned to Rugal as Lupito broadcast quite a few unflattering things about Rugal to Slindis before moving off to lead the way. "He'll do that, Rugal. From what it looks like, though, the plan's gone to Khyber. We're all scattered and fighting the cultists in multiple spots, and it's nearly impossible to group back up."

As Rugal led the way, it was fairly clear to him that his second in command knew that telling the crew to stay as one cohesive unit was a fool's errand. they'd just scatter off and fight the cultists... making it child's play for a small task force holding the crystal to get in unimpeded.

Tajuh had planned on this scenario from the start.

....Sneaky little Bastard...He's good... Rugal smirked as Tajuh's Genius came to light.
"We need not worry about that, As moronic as it might sound, this was all part of Tajuh's plan. Now, get need to get to the Mall, That's where the main strength of this Riot is coming from, we take that down, we free up the Military in the region, hopefully allowing us to bring in the ship against whatever forces Tomoya might have. Now lets move, sooner we get this done, the better a chance we have, Move out!" He explained before he went back to leading his group into battle.

Just as Tajuh motioned to Shadow to start killing things, the group heard a roar, the sounds of metal cleaving bone and screams issuing from further down the street. Upon inspection with some binoculars, one would find that it was everyone's favorite Blood Knight and his eclectic "family" engaging in hordes of the enemies without breaking a sweat. At least, whenever Caim engaged in enemies, he never looked encumbered. Whatever it was they did to get in this mess, it had started to garner the attention of the cultists; and their numbers started wandering in that direction; leaving smaller groups that would be far easier to deal with than the mass they were a moment ago.

Of course, that called into question as to whether the Blood Knight and his group could hold out for long. A horde of ants could topple mighty creatures in heartbeats.

Ieri let out a small breath of relief when she heard Rugal acknowledge the Fallen One without further incident; but couldn't help but wonder how they were going to get by with Lucifer stuck in his current form. If it was something to be hidden away; then leaving it out in the open for the cultists or what have you to see..?

Shaking away the worries again, Teri forced herself to think positively again. Waving a hand to Garm, she had him watch the rear for just as many reasons for Lupito to watch the front. Even if he wasn't as strong as Lupito, Garm was still a force to be reckoned with, and had the same smelling capabilities as his Alpha. The black wolf was more than happy to comply.

When asked where they came from, Teri shivered a little, and answered, "I'm not entirely sure, but if they hadn't, we wouldn't have been able to get to you. We were attacked by a mob a little while ago; and ended up seiged in a house. Things were looking for the worse, and then these two start knocking them down left and right! It was terrifying at first, but after seeing Lupito act the way he does around Slindis, Garm followed suit. So, for whatever reason they appeared, I'm just thankful they saved us."

The Cleric shot a small smile at the black wolf in question after finishing this line of thought, and hurried along to keep up with the Cartel Lord's long strides.

David picked up on Caim's and his "Families" Assault on the cultists in the area.
"....Guess that works..." He dead-panned before he turned to Riki and Kud and said "Okay, this is a Warzone Children. It's a bad place where bad people die in screaming pain. Now stick close if you want to get out of this alive."
Thus he lead his group past the incoming cultists for them to get mowed down by Caim and Co..

Jenny, Lucifer, Slindis, Teri, Rugal

Rugal watched as Luptio and Jenny raced on ahead to check the path ahead, the wolf stopping to give him another snarl before going back on his way.
"...I'm starting to think he doesn't like me..." He said to himself as Teri explained where the pair came from.
"Well...So long as you keep them on a leash, those beasts could really get out of hand, I mean, Even Rodem back at my residence can end up chewing up my servants and he's only half their size..." He added, starting to wonder how exactly he was getting on.
Eh, if Doom gives him the wrong brand, I'm certain he won't break his teeth on that fas-ass's armour...

Jenny meanwhile was holding on for dear life as Lupito dashed off.
OHGODNOTSOFASTPLEASESLOWDOWNIAMGOINGTOFALLOFFSLOWDOWNSLOWDOWNFORGODSSAKES! she begged mentally as Lupito neared a group of cultists going to re-enforce their brothers in the Mall.

The plan seemed to work effectively enough; from what David and Tajuh could see. Caim wasn't called "The Blood Knight" for nothing; as he happily tore into the forces around him with an enormous (and in David's opinion, highly impractical) scythe made of some kind of black metal. Now, while the blade left openings in his attacks, Angelus was more than happy to fill in the gaps with fire; the duo working extremely well in tandem. However, the mini group learned why Caim bothered with such a large blade when he paused and raised a hand. What followed after that could only be called slaughter. Redish-black runic circles appeared, and cultists began dropping like flies. Lucky for Kud, David also had lightning reflexes, and jerked the teen out of the range of one of circles, a poor rioter falling to it instead. With a scream, the rioter shrivled up into nothing as the dark magic did it's work.

It was now abundantly clear why Caim tended to stick to his sword when others were around.

The Cleric waved a dismissive hand at Rugal's concern, "I don't think we have to worry too much about it. At worst they're kind of over-protective over me and Slindis. If what Dimitri said was true earlier, Garm seems to be under the impression that I'm a puppy."

She frowned at that thought, but found her interest was piqued at the notion of Rugal's pet, and couldn't help but ask, "'Rodem', sir? You have a wolf too?"

David watched as Caim managed to single handedly put a dent in the crowds he could only dream of doing.
The sight of him basically wiping people out of existence caused him to look at his M500, one of the most powerful weapons he had and sigh.
THIS is the best I can do...and there is mute boy running around with THAT...
"...."
"David, come on, keep moving!"
"Yeah, yeah..." He said in a defeated tone as he obeyed Tajuh's order.

Rugal couldn't help but grin at Teri's interest.
"Male Black Panther, had since 1994, hasn't lost his touch or charm though. Great office security, even greater hunting companion. Still will kill you sight if you so much as look at him weird. Reminds me of me, guess that's why we get along so well... " He explained as they neared the screams of the Battle on the Mall.

A.I. Vermilion | Jake
"DO I even wanna know how you got that info? Nope. Very well. Let us join the battle!"

Jake dramatically pointed across DC to Capitol Hill.

"Miss Vermillion! Set course for Capitol Hill and set engines All Ahead Full! Weapons Free, engage ground targets at will in support of US Ground Forces! Free up those Vipers, we don't need 'em on escort with our drones, and use the drones as forward spotters as you see fit. Let the crew know we are inbound and cleared hot! PANZER VOR!"

If the Captain he was, Captain he would.

Teri's eyes widened at the thought of the panther, and gave a light giggle, "Wow.. I wonder how one goes about getting a panther buddy? Hmn... I guess the same way with Garm and Lupito?"

As they drew closer, Teri heard a few dings from her tablet and looked to see the status of the people in question. Caim, Angelus, Cadolbolg and Ton Ton were experiencing heightened amounts of endorphins, no doubt on account of that battle they were getting closer and closer to. Hmn, minor wounds sustained by all, but nothing so much in that they required serious attention... A few flicks and dashes, and the girl frowned after getting readouts from the group with David, Tajuh and the kids; and decided to have Dimitri message Caim's PDA about bearing down a little less on the cultists, now that friendlies were in range. After it was sent, Teri could only hope the mute swordsman would get the memo... Now there was the President to worry about.

As she worried about this, Garm drew closer to the little group, his ears flat against his head and a light growl in his throat. He knew full well where his Pup was about to go, and he did not like it one bit. Be that as it were, that did not mean he would not be prepared to defend her and the rest of the pack.

A.I. Vermilion | Jake

Vermilion acknowledged Jake's orders and relayed the orders to the fighter escorts that began their attack runs on the Cultist positions that surrounded the Capital Building. Meanwhile, sensing that there were still massive civilian numbers across spread throughout the area, the A.I. switched the payload on the Missile Turrets while keeping the plasma cannons from firing.

"Captain. I have taken the liberty of switching out the warheads on our missiles from High Explosive to air burst anti-personal nanite warheads." Vermilion reported as she routed power from the plasma cannons to the Airship's powerful sensor array.

The readout on the sensor display updated once again as the display went from a two dimensional dot display to being rendered in three dimensional real time.

"Launching Missiles from batteries Alpha and Beta." The A.I. reported as she began highlighting cultists on the Three Dimensional render of what was happening on the ground.

Outside the ship, a series of 32 missiles launched, in quick succession, heading towards their designated targets as quickly as their chemical engines would propel them. Watching their trajectory, Jake noticed that the missiles were headed for an area that would put them past their targets but immediately put two and two together as the missiles exploded a distance above their actual targets.

There seemed to be no effect at first until one were to notice what appeared to be a fine dust that started blanketing the target points and curiously only covering the cultists.

"Commencing antagonistic personnel suppression."

This was code for a very specific reaction. The Cultists went splat. Not a fiery explosive splat but a very precise splat that occurred where their hearts and brain stem would have been if not for the introduction of a few thousand nano-meter sized explosive robots.

"Sensor logs report that nearly 75% of the enemy ground personnel were dispatched with the salvo." The Vermilion A.I. reported, a smug smile on her face as she left it unsaid that there were no civilian casualties caused by the air burst, save for a few cases of asthma triggered by the particulates.

D.C. Battle Grounds - The National Mall
Aftan | Akane | Devon | Ella | Gabrielle

To say it was a surreal experience seeing a majority of the enemies on the battlefield suddenly falling over as their chests and base of their skulls exploded outwards with not so much as a pop or report from a firearm would have been an understatement. Yet that's just what happened as the group consisting of Aftan, Akane, Devon, Ella and the newly joined Gabrielle witnessed occurring to the group of Cultists that they were bearing down on.

With Airship Rising Dawn passing majestically overhead like some reaper in the wind, the five stopped and looked around them, seeing nothing but fleeing civvies and dignitaries and advancing military personnel and local law enforcement officers.

"KILL STEALER!!!!" Gabrielle yelled into the air while shaking a defiant fist at the Airship, a joke to be sure as she never lost the smile on her face.

The smile quickly faded as no less than a dozen RPG rounds streaked up into the sky, climbing to impact with the Airship that also served as the Rising Dawn's primary base and home away from home. In an instant, dozens of point defense turrets sprang to life, unleashing a torrent of lead on the missile, knocking a few from the sky at first while a few others were taken out by kamikaze drone strikes. Of the original 12, 3 made it through the defensive assault and impacted at various points on the Airship, tearing into her light armor.

Angelus | Cadolbolg | Caim | Ton Ton

Cadolbolg smirked to himself as he watched his pact partner rip through the Cultists as mercilessly as the mini-dragon's own father did as he banked through the relatively peaceful skies above the National Mall. He seemed to revel in the energetic discharge that occurred when the Cultists were dispatched either by his own attacks or that of his partners and soon he felt a surge of power within his own body, seeking release.

Just in time too, as half of the Mini-Bruiser-Cutie-Wrecking-Crew spotted a makeshift alter that the Cultists were using to continue their sacrificial practices. They had apparently survived the Airship's onslaught by setting up stage underneath an overhang.

Inhaling deeply, Cadolbolg was surprised to find that his mouth was not filled with the fiery spittle that he had come to associate with the exhalation of fire, instead it heard a crackling of static and as he exhaled the pent up energies, he witnessed his first ever lightning bolt surging towards his targets, electrocuting the priest that held his dagger aloft like some idiot with a lightning rod.

"TON TON! DIDJA SEE THAT?!?!" Cadolbolg 'called out' to his partner, a sense of surprise and awe in his voice.

Garm | Jenny | Lucifer | Lupito | Rodem | Rugal | Slindis | Teri

The group finally reached the edge of the National Mall, the center of the chaos that had engulfed the United States Capital. In front of them, they bore witness to the sudden deaths of the Cultists, the damaging of the Airship and Cadolbolg's first lightning bolt. As stressful as the situation was, Lucifer found it even more crazy that he was out in the open in this current form. However, the Prince of Lies was not stuck flat footed and clothed mouth as the sensation of the deaths of innocents brought him out of his stupor.

"I need to stop for a moment. Tomoya cannot know that I am here or he will know that the Bo... The Lord's forces are mobilizing against him. The moment he knows that, he will become more desperate." The Archangel Lucifer said as he surveyed the crowd for a moment and spotted ... well... whatever it was it would have to do. Lucifer was soon back... though they wouldn't have known it until it was that he... erm... well... spoke to them.

"If he thinks that Hell is on the move, he will be less alert. He's always had an abject disdain for the Underworld and considers the Dark forces inherently weak." He said as he finished dawning his disguise. It wasn't his normal look but it would have to do.

Now, if it was awkward walking around with an armored, blonde, guy with giant angel wings... the fact that he looked like a gothic highschool girl with a fiery whip must have been a rather ... interesting for all those who knew who he truly was.

"Better?" He ... erm... she asked as she looked at herself and wondered ... what the hell?

"If there are no objects... we should get going." Lucifer said as he started running into the crowd, wondering how it was that women were able to stand wearing high heals.

Kurumu | Melethia | Puce

Kurumu laughed as the Cultists started going BOOM! due to Melethia's onslaught.

"Nice shot Squirt but let me shot you a thing or two about blowing stuff up." Kurumu said as she shifted her grip on the small elf, holding with one arm wrapped around her while the Succubus grabbed a few vials and tracked the sources of the RPG assault on the Airship, spotting three groups of Cultists trying to rearm their RPGs as quickly as possible before they were spotted.

"Too late asshole." Kurumu said as she took three vials in one of her hand and threw all three vials with a sweeping side arm pitch.

As all three vials discharged, the wicked wind blew against Kurumu and Melethia as the roof tops where the three groups of RPG cultists exploded.

On the ground, Puce looked up and smiled at the duo, watching as their team work, combined with their competitive natures made the two a force to be reckoned with.

Kyre | Mark

The Airship rocked as the rockets impacted against its fragile hull, knocking Mark into Kyre's door where he had followed her to ensure that she was okay, breaking through it and finding himself on the ground.

"What the hell was that?" Mark asked rhetoically as he picked himself up off the ground... and looked at the spot where he was standing and saw a rather large hole in the hull.

"That... is so not good." The Dramatist said as he looked through the hole and spotted the ground underneath them, the panicked people under them looking like a bunch of ants.

"Kyre... think we should go ... you know... kick Tomoya's ass? Maybe that'll make you feel better?" The Asian Writer said as he pulled out his Customized Flintlock Plasma pistols and fired a couple of shots through the hole.

Shadow grinned at the sight of so many deaths and turned to David and Tajuh. "Lead the way" he said casually.

A.I. Vermilion | Jake
Jake stumbled from the hits, regaining his footing quickly. "Miss Vermillion! Take us up to 3,000ft and out of the range of those bloody RPG's! Give me a damage report! And status of BlackHearte and his repairs, this ship has been his home for that long it ain't funny. Fly in a random pattern but keep us in CAS position if possible. And see if you can't link those Vipers into the drones as target markers if they need it. Also, do we have any crew aboard? I'll have to address them if we do."

"*GASP* JAKE!" Akane shouted as the airship took hits.

But the big airship started rising and turning, still in the fight. It had the advantage of it's weapons having the longer range in this fight.

"Come on, we need to link up with the others and get Tomoya! Now the way is clearer thanks to Jake, let's not let his harm go to waste!" The Kitsune urged, drawing her sword and starting to run.

A.I. Vermilion | Jake

A.I. Vermilion didn't even have to check the ship's interior sensors to know that Master Mark was aboard. However, she did see that Mistress Kyre was on board as well and reported thus.

"Command confirmed, Airship rising to 3000 feet. Master Mark and Mistress Kyre Cwanuld are still aboard the ship. Location: Crew Quarters section on the aft end of the ship. Moderate damage to the armor in that section. Damage to Canteen: Bar has been destroyed. Ethyl Alcohol fire detected. Fire suppression Halon 3 system online to combat the blaze." The A.I. reported coolly as missile banks Gamma and Delta unleashed their Air Burst payload.

"Commencing repairs. Captain. Vipers report incoming bogies. F-35 Lightnings under the command of General Pint. Charging Plasma cannons and updating payload for Missile Turrets Epsilon and Zeta to Air to Air Missiles." Vermilion reported as the 3D Sensor array reverted to its Two Dimensional state as power was routed back into the Plasma Cannons.

Aftan, Ella and Gabrielle followed Akane's lead and started running towards the Capital Building where Tomoya had was holed up.

"Airship Rising Dawn. We are preparing to enter the Capital Building." Aftan radioed, delivering a situation report to the Rising Dawn's command center. This was followed by gun fire. Ample gun fire that was followed by the dying screams of the Cultists.

"PEEK A BOO!" Gabrielle screamed as she emerged from the shadows behind a couple of entrenched tangos, delivering quick effective knife strikes to their vitals.

A.I. Vermilion | Jake
Jake visibly blanched. Trainer Vipers against state of the art Lightnings? "Tell those Vipers to get out of there! They can't stand a chance against the F-35's! Put us between them and fire everything at those enemy fighters! Point defence, Plasma, missiles, the whole bloody lot! Advise ground forces we can't cover them we've got our own battle!"

Jake quickly ran to the communications console and picked up the mic. "Attention Crew! We have taken hits from ground fire and are now higher and out of their range. However, incoming enemy fighters are nearly on us. Any crew that can pilot a plane or drone get up to the bridge and help out. Otherwise, be ready to abandon ship if things go south, there are shuttles in the hanger and escape pods located throughout the airship! Captain out!"

Jake looked out the window and breathed out. This fight just got dangerous.

Distracted by Gabrielle emerging into their midst, Akane got the opening to charge into the position and start slicing the unarmoured cultists to pieces. Shrieks of cut open men and women filled the air with the screams of those she hit with fireballs to burn alive. Aftan finished up the last few and they all nodded to each other, that particular point cleared.

"Alright, Devon and Ella can follow as we clear out the points. Again!" Akane said, and the three moved up again, nearly there.

A.I. Vermilion | Jake | Mark

As soon as the Jake's message was delivered via the intercom Mark found himself running towards the bridge, skittering along the way as the ship began running evasive maneuvers against the F-35s. It didn't need to be said that those fighter craft were far more agile and nimble than the massive Airship. The designers of the craft, however, did not have some of the more creative powers that the Authors had in their possession.

"Roger Rising Dawn, bugging out" The 113th's Flight leader responded as he banked hard and away from the incoming F-35 forces. Not all of them, however could get away.

Jake and Mark could only watch in mute horror as a flurry of missiles and gun fire took out the retreating F-16s, a few of the pilots not even having enough time to eject as their birds were destroyed.

"God F**KING dammit!" Mark roared as he took a seat at the drone control console, a rig that looked like a makeshift cockpit.

"Vermilion! Start up the ECM and try to disable their satellite uplink! Also... try to hack into their systems. Disable whatever systems that you can prioritize, weapons, targeting, flight control and ejection" Mark said to the copy of A.I. Vermilion that resided in his brain.

"Confirmed" Inner Vermilion said as she vanished from Mark's consciousness to carry out his bidding.

"Alright Captain! What do ya want me to do?"

The Second Checkpoint was definitely hardened as the Cultists were smart to the fact that the Rising Dawn had taken to the field. As Ella approached the emplacement that they had built, a machine gun, captured from some of the various soldiers that had been brutalized, opened up on the group, sending them scattering for a moment. What made things even worse was that they had countered Gabrielle's shadow teleportation powers by setting up flood lights that lit up the interior of their bunker like Christmas.

"I can't get to them!" Gabrielle called out as she grabbed a piece of shadow from under her cloak and crafted a block of C4 and a detonator, throwing it towards the Cultists, though her aim was quite off due to the suppressive fire that Cult Members were unloading on the group.

Rugal watched as Caim and Company Ltd. went to work on the Cultists, followed by an attack by the Rising Dawn itself.
"...Yes...This is good...Might still have a cha-....."
He paused when Lucifer looked at him, having changed from a Male Angel to something from a bad Henti Movie.
"....All the forms you could change into and you pick that?...." He bluntly asked before shaking his head.
"Find General Pint, Tajuh has the kids and the Stone I do believe. Everything does well, this day will be ours. Ignore the battle, focus on Pint, with him converted to our side, we'll gain a massive advantage. Move! Move!" He ordered his team before making his way around the Mall, taking the path that Caim had already cleared, stepping over bodies and blood pools.

Thanks to the efforts of the rest of the crew, David and his group were able to get to the blood soaked steps of the Capital Building.
He seemed uneasy as he passed the bullets that were stuck in the stairs, reminders of his failure.
He looked back and saw the battle for the Mall.
"......Never again..." He said to himself before moving on with renewed haste.

Devon saw the tight scenario and grinned. "You like bright lights? How about something a bit more blinding?" He grabbed a handful of dirt from the ground and threw it at the bulk of the cultists, causing the area around the group to be coated in a bright golden dust.

Devon casts Glitterdust! The cultists have to save against a DC14 to avoid being completely blinded by the dust.

Tajuh | Shadow | Riki | Kud | David

Tajuh waved the group in. "Confirm the status of the diplomats, find Tomoya and engage if needed, get out." He broke open the glass at the side with a few punches at the glass and got the group in.

Slindis was a little put-off by the form Lucifer took. "Look, just take off the heels. No sane woman goes in a fight with those kinds of heels on, and you will twist your ankle." To punctuate the point, she pulled oout boots that would be a bit big for Lufifer's new form but much more suited for a fight.

Up ahead, Lupito tore up the cultists that got even the slightest bit close to Jenny. You won't harm Slindis or any of her pups while I'm here!

Kurumu | Melethia | Puce

Melethia laughed. "The explosion's nice, but what about this?" She saw another cluster and pulled out a few vials of a dull brown liquid then therew it at them, firing an arrow at the vials when they got right above the crowd. The liquid shattered over the group, sending the brown liquid raining down on them to burn holes through the cultists while the unlucky ones got to scream in agony as the acid continued to burn through them.

The lucky ones had been hit and had the acid land on the yop of their head.

"Hah! Beat that, Skyhair!"

"...Do you always carry a spare pair of leather boots around with you, Slin?..." Rugal joked as they began to make their way though the remains of the hoard of Cultists that Caim mowed down.
"If you see US Military, they are still against us, Hence why the Airship is being attacked. Nothing says stand down like defeating their commander!" He explained as they waded though the dead towards a forward base near the Mall.

Jenny meanwhile (After nearly puking from the wild ride that was having Luptio as a mount) was helping the beast by using Barriers and Telekinesis to support him as he mauled down all that came near

David was the first one to enter the building, hearing a strange "Squish" as he stepped foot.
"What the h-...No...." He said as he dropped his gun
"David How are they?" He asked as he entered the building to find David holding the President's leg which Tomoya cut off with a Chainsaw while standing on carpet that was now a sponge for human blood.
"....Kinda speaks for itself, huh?..."

Kyre

As the explosives hit the Rising Dawn and threw the ship into tumult fury, Kyre stood still in her room, consumed by her heart's discontent. The shadows danced in the fire and sunlight, and the smoke turned away from her skin. Those emerald green eyes filled with the most frightening of furies, and that hands which held within them the potency to end the trivialities of such fighting.

But here would be where she found it imperative to assist, despite what inner turmoil dissuaded her from action. The young anti-mage started a slow walk toward the bridge of the ship, the dark shadow beneath her spread across the metal and shifted outside toward the air around the ship. A protective shield to hold their ground.

Kyre's soft footsteps stopped right behind Mark, and the girl was holding in her hands a small black flame, or perhaps a sprite. A little something that the Black Elemental Stone had left within her upon her rebirth. The Dark Soul, the first flame of Humanity, and the strongest device against the divine strength of heaven.

"I want... to kill God."

All was silent in Cadolbolg's mind for a moment, and then Ton Ton's voice came roaring in, full of joy and exhuberence"THAT WAS AWESOME! DO IT AGAIN!"

As he said this, Ton Ton felt a sting in his back, as a cultist had attempted to stab through the Tonberry's tough hide. A bit of the blade jutted into his back, to which Ton Ton pulled out with one hand, and brought down the lantern with the other, "THAT REALLY HURTS!"

After whalloping the Cultist with his Lantern, which brought up a nasty bruise, Ton Ton held the light aloft, and spoke, his child-like tenor deeply offsetting what he had to say, "Looks like somebody has some bad Karma... EVERYONE'S GRUDGE!"

The amount of sin in this Cultist's heart only served to be his doom, as dark shadows poured from the Lantern and consumed Ton Ton's enemy; his shrieks filling the air as his negative Karma turned against him. When the screams subsided, Ton Ton turned to the crowd, knife and lantern glimmering with an eerie blue light, "NEXT!"

play with pride; knowing full well what a pact could do to one's abilities. As they cut into more of the enemies, Caim's vo
Caim and Angelus looked at Cadolbolg's and Ton Ton's disice echoed in the dragon's mind,

"They grow up so fast, don't they?"

The dragon only gave a chuckle to this sentiment, and continued roasting those around her, bloodlust from the warrior leaking into her mind...

Teri could only gape at Lucifer's new form, but quickly shook off the shock and silently thanked the Lord that shouldn't be distracted in battle for the time being. Calling Garm to their side, Teri asked Rugal; "You think any of these poor fellows might know something about what's in there?"

Rugal gave a confused snort at the Cleric's statement, "What?"

Teri waved at the bodies around them, "These guys. They might know something. I'd only get three answers though... But who would know best about Pint's defenses?"

A.I. Vermilion | Jake | Kyre | Mark

Kyre's voice startled Mark for a moment as he turned around in his seat to face the Anti-Mage, her words registering in his mind was immediately followed by the words "not again... please... tell me that she doesn't mean us ... again." However he did manage to look at the young girl in the face as she held the black flame in her hands

"You what?" The bewildered Dramatist asked as he looked at the flame and back towards the Anti-Mage, his hand edging towards his weapon, hoping it wouldn't come to this since they were currently engaged against a squadron of Fighters that would have no issue blowing the Airship out of the sky.

Aftan | Akane | Gabrielle | Devon | Ella

Aftan and Gabrielle looked at each other in confusion as the Cultists started firing wildly, their fire no longer concentrating on where the group was. That was all the Knights needed to work their way towards the "bunker."

"This is for all those people you senselessly murdered." Aftan called out, allowing the Cultists to realize that they were no longer alone in their hideout. Or rather their realization materialized in their brains milliseconds before blades and bullets materialized in those brains.

The Knights weren't the only ones getting in on the action as Ella launched herself into the air, her daemon style wings lifting her light frame into the sky before she dove towards the two Cultists that were manning the captured machine guns. The blinded Cultists found that they were no longer on the ground but rather being carried high into the air... ever higher and higher until their vision returned to them.

"Hi boys!" Ella said playfully as she let go of their cloaks.

"Bye boys!

Angelus | Cadolbolg | Caim | Ton Ton

"I'll try!!!" Cadolbolg responded as he tried to recreate the surge of energy that he felt... but to no avail. He didn't quite feel it until Ton Ton started killing more and more of the Cultists and the soldiers below.

"I GOT IT! I GOT IT!" He "yelled" as he inhaled once more, feeling the thunderous crackle of electricity within his throat.

FWOOM!

A jet fighter streeting in the skies above caught Cadolbolg's attention as he exhaled... unleashing the bolt of lightning on the aptly named F-35 Lightning. Attracted by the antenna that ran along the spine of the jet fighter, the lightning bolt struck home, frying the fragile electronics and causing the craft to start corkscrewing wildly as the fly by wire system went offline.

"I DID IT AGAIN!!!" Cadolbolg called out as he watched the pilot eject and the jet slam into the waters of the Potomac river.

Looking around for more targets, Cadolbolg noticed more of the fighters that were high in the air above his head, the ones that were attacking the Airship.

"Ton Ton! I'm going for those planes!" Cadolbolg mentally "said" to his partner in crime as he flapped his wings hard. Though he was unable to match the speed of the planes, he would be able to rip them apart if he was able to get a hold of one.

Taking himself to a position that placed him above the fighters and the Airship, the mini-dragon waited, as if he was waiting for a fish to place itself in the right position to be grabbed.

"GOTCHA!" Cadolbolg said as he timed a dive to intercept with an F-35, his claws ripping into the metal flesh as easily as he would flesh flesh and slowly he began working his way towards the cockpit of the fighter.

It must have been a rather surprising sight. There the pilot was, minding his own business while attempting to destroy an Airship that had been specified as an enemy when there was a knock on the top of his cockpit. Well not a knock precisely but more of a blow that made a hole in the cockpit.

It also must have been surprising when the cockpit was suddenly filled with Dragon fire.

Kicking the high heels to the curb, Lucifer nodded his... her... thanks to Slindis and quickly donned the boots before wondering to him/her self how it was that he got into a situation such as the one (s)he found him/her self in at the moment. Of course, (s)he didn't have to wonder long when (s)he caught sight of our Dear Little Cleric and smiled inwardly despite the obvious discomfort that (s)he felt on the outside.

"Believe me... this is humiliating enough without your commentary, Mister Bernstein." The Morning Star stated trying his... her (dammit!) best to sound like the stereotypical Archangel that (s)he was portraying. Once they were inside the Capital Building, Lucifer would be able to drop the disguise and take out General Pint. The General had a long laundry list of sins that he had to answer for and The Fallen One would make sure that the General answered for them.

"You think any of these poor fellows might know something about what's in there?"

Rugal gave a confused snort at the Cleric's statement, "What?"

Teri waved at the bodies around them, "These guys. They might know something. I'd only get three answers though... But who would know best about Pint's defenses?"

Rugal couldn't see them but the Devil could. Souls... damned and innocent wandering about on their way towards where it was that they were slated to go. If Teri could see them and was about to draw their attention, The Eternal Adversary was glad that (s)he was disguised. The last thing that was needed was a bunch of souls blabbering about how the Devil was hanging out with a Cleric of God.

"I suppose it would be worth a chance, kiddo. If you have only three questions, best be smart about them, they'll only give you as much information as they have to... not one iota more."

Kurumu | Melethia | Puce

Well well well... Melethia was going for style points was she? Well Kurumu wasn't about to go down without a fight. The Succubus closed her eyes briefly and tapped into the Chaos that Nessaj had given her, summoning her four phantasm sisters, who appeared to fly in formation with them.

Pointing at a group of entrenched cultists, the Phantasms dove, avoiding gun fire before they unloaded their Allure payload upon four of the cultists before Kurumu allured a fifth.

Hovering near the ground, the Kuru handed the five each an explosive vial before pointing at the third checkpoint that Aftan, Akane, Devon, Ella and Gabrielle were headed towards.

Nodding to their new life long (well life long for the next 5 seconds) Mistress, the cultists started running towards the third check point, screaming about how they would love their mistress for eternity and how her beauty was parallel to none.

BA-BA-BA-BA-BOOOOOOOOM!

The five exploded along with their fellows in the reinforced checkpoint.

"How about you beat that?"

Garm | Jenny | Lucifer | Lupito | Rodem HE'S NOT HERE DAMMIT! | Rugal | Slindis | Teri

"...I don't follow you..." Rugal said as Teri began to examine the bodies, not really sure what she was on about.
"I suppose it would be worth a chance, kiddo. If you have only three questions, best be smart about them, they'll only give you as much information as they have to... not one iota more."
"Who will?....Someone care to explain?..."
"Teri is going to use Speak with Dead to get some information from the fallen soldiers here." Slindis explained.
"You can do that?...Huh....Hold on a second..." He said before going though body to body, looking for a emblem.
"There we go..." He said as he found a soldier with a Captain's Emblem, though he was missing the entire lower half of his body.
"Try this one, His Rank was Captain so he should have a fair amount of Intel. Ask about Pint's Location and what weapons they have on the ground. If re-enforcements show up, we'll need them."

Garm | Jenny | Lucifer | Lupito | Rodem What was he doing here anyways? | Rugal | Slindis | Teri

"You can do that?...Huh....Hold on a second..." He said before going though body to body, looking for a emblem.
"There we go..." He said as he found a soldier with a Captain's Emblem, though he was missing the entire lower half of his body.
"Try this one, His Rank was Captain so he should have a fair amount of Intel. Ask about Pint's Location and what weapons they have on the ground. If re-enforcements show up, we'll need them."

Teri nodded grimly at the question, and pulled the cross from her satchel, and began moving it over the body in slow, careful movements, "It... It is only really to speak with the corpse. The soul leaves an imprint on the body, like a fingerprint. With that imprint, one can access the knowledge one had in life. It's not like you can call up a dead relative and have them have a chat with you. Now, I hate to sound rude, but this is going to take a few minutes to prepare..."

And so, the only noises that came from the Cleric after that was Celestial and Aquan chanting, and minutes passed as she continued the preparations. Finally, after about 10 minutes total time with the Cleric chanting and praying, she placed her cross on the corpse's forehead, and said in a commanding, but gentle tone, "Awaken, for a Speaker for The Lord requires knowledge you contain."

The corpse shuddered after the girl's command, and shifted, it's dead eyes dull, but aware. Teri took a deep breath following that, and asked in the same tone, "My first two questions are as follows: Where is General Pint hiding himself, as per the most recent information you've received? What weapons, on ground, are used as fortification for his defense?"

Garm | Jenny | Lucifer | Lupito | Rodem DC added him. | Rugal | Slindis | Teri

Rugal watched as Teri brought the fallen soldier back for one final mission: To provide Intel.

"General Pint is in the White House Command Center as of before the Riot.

We have massive offline SAM Missile sites to be activated in the case of a attack as well as heavy armor for a possible invasion..."

"He's in the White House?....Great..." Rugal sighed, that place was a slaughter house.

((Going offline, really tired, Hence short post))

Shadow looked at the mess that used to be the world leaders. He just sighed and decided to state the obvious "I guess we're to late then?"

A.I. Vermilion | Jake | Kyre | Mark

"Smother the light, let none of that which is considered divine be standing, let the darkness of humanity spread it's influence to all the world and beyond," Kyre continued grimly, her hands lifted the black flame into the air. "Perish all the angels and agents of this divine power that has declared aggression toward Kurumu. Slay everything in this place."

She paused and looked up at Mark, her eyes twinkling in the explosions in the distance, "Am I not an anti-magus...? Then let me attempt to become an anti-thesis to everything. Let me fight." The flame in her hands sparked brilliantly, and a streak of black, toxic, fire drew itself from her hands and danced around her body. "And let me strike down the one that has caused me all this trouble. The Angel from the Eastern Isle."

Pages PREV 1 . . . 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 . . . 873 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here