The Escapist Avatar Adventure: An Open RP (Now Re-Opened!)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 . . . 830 NEXT

Melethia, Jenny, Teri, Sadei

"True dat...Now, I don't have a map OF the mine, but I do have directions to get there. Just watch your backs, all that spent underground can't be good for the mind..." The Orc warned as he handed the elf a dirty looking map to the Mine in Gaptooth Ridge.
Jenny meanwhile left the Blacksmiths and sat down on the porch while she waited for the others.
"Well....So much for this being simple..." she said, not really paying attention to Teri and Sadei.

Storm, Alpha, ???

The Tribals looked on at the strange armored man until a much smaller man in a mask made out of a Longhorn Skull walked in front of them.
He appeared to be the elder of the Tribe and he walked around with a long staff, taller then him, with runes embedded in it.
"You....Bottom Dweller...Why you come to Land-of-Clouds?" He asked in slow broken english, his expression not changing in the slightest as he spoke.

Rugal, Slindis

"Need, No. But it certainly wouldn't hurt." Rugal shouted back, attempting to up play his endurance, though the climbing was taking it's toll on him.
He was wondering how she was managing it so seemingly effortlessly as they got to the first Rest spot, a Cave in the side of the Cliff face.
Strangely enough, It seemed that this cave was used as a camp before with a circle of stones placed for a Camp-fire, revealing that they weren't the first to climb up this way.
Behind them was a wonderful view of the desert below, revealing just how high they had came.

Once he was back on solid ground, Rugal took a breather, noticing how cooler the air was up here.

Cutie Bruisers, Devon, Caim, Angelus

"just visiting a few friends, Devon... I've been gone the past several weeks doing work for some divinity or another... my reward was a change in body, and in spirit. It's Kalastryn."

Angelus gave a rumbling chuckle when she heard the former tiefling's voice and got wind of her blood from the vial,

"Ah! That explains it... I would know the scent of my own lifeblood. It is interesting to see you again, Kalastryn. How have you fared well in your endeavors? Last I saw you, we were still in that damned corrupted wood."

Caim gave a light scoff, "Dunno about you, but it seems to have done some good. Wings are not easily granted when you're not born with them..."

Yeah, I might have been alive at some point, but what can we do at this point? I mean, All I can really remember is the time in the staff and that sack with the vampire spewing out that foul language...

Anyway, it doesn't really hurt at all when you use me for defense, although I really would like it if we could talk more.

As Teri regained her footing again, patting Garm thankfully, she 'sent' back, "Hmn... If you'd like, we might be able to try to work through getting your memories back. I did say I'd help you there when I could.

Aside from that, remember when we were Rock Ridge? I promised you I'd keep in better contact than before, and I full intend to keep to that."

"Well....So much for this being simple..." she said, not really paying attention to Teri and Sadei.

After Jenny spoke up, Teri wandered next to the Pokemon and sat next to her, "It never is for our group, is it? We'll pull through. We always do."

Melethia looked the blacksmith in the eye. "Now then, should anyone ask, we came here for farm supplies." With that, Melethia led the group to the entrance of the mine and checked for the defenses that were set up as well as any other oddities.

"Miss Jenny, we've gotta be careful here. I know that they're gonna have some mean tricks here, and ya don't exactly look like the most sturdy person..."

Meanwhile, Sadei responded again. Well, whenever you can, Teri. Just please, don't do that again, okay?

Devon relaxed when he heard the name, and he told her the basics of them searching for a crystal in the cliffside city.

"The thing is, we don't quite know what's in there. Would it be rude for us to ask for some aid here?"

Slindis, Rugal, Lupito

As the two sat down for a moment, Slindis took note of the remains of the previous campsite and checked for any recent tracks. "Well, we're about halfway up the cliff now. Here's some water, so drink up while you have the chance. There's plenty of things that could be using this cave, and I'd rather not be caught unaware. Caves like this back home would have been home to gnolls, so just be aware."

For all this talk of what she'd done before, there wasn't all that much Rugal actually knew of SLindis before she'd been to the Everfree forest. There was some privacy for the moment, so perhaps now would be a good time to ask.

"I know, just don't like getting shot" Jenny said to Teri as Melethia arrived.
"...You think we could get some help for this? I mean, if they have a gun like that, what else do they have, you know?...." she asked as Melethia checked out the map.
The mine was just a few miles outside of town, easily walked to.

Slindis, Rugal, Lupito

Rugal gratefully took a drink from the flask as Slindis checked out the camp.
"Gnolls? The name alone implies "Fun"..." He remarked as he wiped his mouth afterwards before leaving the flask down not far from the campfire circle.
He followed the Drow as she went deeper into the cave system, being a bit bigger then the entrance would suggest.
But what really got his attention was how she didn't skip a beat, even after climbing for so long.
"You encounter many of these "Gnolls" back in Eberron?..." He asked, hoping he wasn't opening a can of worms in the process.
While he DID want to know more about Slindis, he also saw how deeply losing her home Realm had hurt her back when they heard of Sadei, so he was understandably cautious.

bluerocker:
snip

at Caim's comment, Kala couldn't help but laugh a little. Her freedom came with a hefty price, of effort rather than currency. "I will say here and now they didn't come easy. Well I got them as a reward for virtue... keeping them was a war and a half though. After all, having to stay in, and defend a place that has no natural sunlight doesn't do wonders for your skin. Learned a lot of new tricks though, so I guess all in all it was worth it, since my soul is free from being a tiefling alongside the body I have now."

bluecrimson:

Devon relaxed when he heard the name, and he told her the basics of them searching for a crystal in the cliffside city.

"The thing is, we don't quite know what's in there. Would it be rude for us to ask for some aid here?"

she then turned to Devon. "So the ship took a dive into the dirt huh? Well, I don't think It'd be too much of a chore for me to help you, especially because I feel I owe you for your help in the temple we explored for the stone. Lead the way and I'll follow." she says, then curiously asks. "How's Mr. Bernstein getting along as well? Your the first I've seen since I came back from my task of paying off these changes, and I'd like to know if he's still... well... she chose her next words as carefully as she could without trying to offend him.

"A bit on the unpleasant side?" she said, and with the way he was before she left... that was sugarcoated enough to bake a cake.

Meanwhile, Sadei responded again. Well, whenever you can, Teri. Just please, don't do that again, okay?

"Promise."

As Melethia and Jenny went over options, Teri continued to think about their present conundrum. If the miners in question DID indeed have gatling guns at their disposal, what could they use to prevent being bored full of holes?

"I suppose I could send Squishy in to scout ahead. If there's water in mine, he'd blend right in. Furthermore, he can talk, unlike my constructs."

Caim chuckled silently at Kalastryn's words, "I never said you gained your powers easily, merely that your endeavors bore fruit. Regardless, it is good to see you do well, comrade."

Ton Ton and Cadolbolg listened to the conversation with inquisitive interest, and Cadolbolg raised a claw, "I don't understand. What happened with your soul? As far as I understand, all living things have them. How could being what you are cause it harm?"

Ton Ton, on the other hand, quietly wondered if he had a soul at all. If the wishes of his Mistress was what brought him to life, did that mean she gave him a soul as well? This line of thought led him to mutter (and as Devon was the closest to him, he heard this thought alone),

"What is a soul anyway?"

In the meantime, Angelus answered the second question, "As far as I've understood, he's toned down a bit. His 'daughters' seemed to have seen to that... But you'd get a better answer from Devon, Teri or Melethia. They've been around him more than the entourage before you."

As she said that, she laughed inwardly, amused to see how the former Tiefling would react to that bit of news.

"How about this for a trade." Justin said his arms shifting as his muscles began to bulge unhealthily beneath his skin "You tell us what we want to know, and I won't rip your face off!" Termi-Dillon was pretty sure this asshole couldn't do that but he wasn't looking forward to him trying.

"JUSTIN!" Glados stepped between the bot and Justin pushing the two apart. "I'm sorry there Justin hasn't consumed a human being in a few months and he gets a little cranky when he doesn't get to consume things." Giving Justin the stink eye she looped her arm with his, feeling Justin's muscles return to their usual size. "We're just leaving please don't hold it against him."

bluerocker:

Ton Ton and Cadolbolg listened to the conversation with inquisitive interest, and Cadolbolg raised a claw, "I don't understand. What happened with your soul? As far as I understand, all living things have them. How could being what you are cause it harm?"

In the meantime, Angelus answered the second question, "As far as I've understood, he's toned down a bit. His 'daughters' seemed to have seen to that... But you'd get a better answer from Devon, Teri or Melethia. They've been around him more than the entourage before you."

As she said that, she laughed inwardly, amused to see how the former Tiefling would react to that bit of news.

To Cadolbolg's question she released a sigh and said. "It wasn't so much being a tiefling causing my soul a problem... It was a problem with my soul that made me a Tiefling... I could go over the history in a lot more depth than this, but essentially my ancestors traded the souls of their entire family, past, present, and future, to the devil for infernal power. That's how Tieflings came into being... and what, until now, had the devil's hand in a tight grip over my soul. For a Tiefling, Hell is the only afterlife, there is no judgement. You belong to them."

after her explanation, what Angelus said finally caught up to her... DAUGHTERS?! The shock of the situation made her stop beating her wings for a moment and she had to fly back up to eye level with the dragon after dropping a few feet. "Are we still talking about Rugal? Because from what I gathered of him, I'd feel sorry for whatever children he raises..." she says actually shaking from the thought. The parents she had were very holy and kind people... last time she left off with Rugal, he was the leader of a criminal organization, and violent to boot. She's definitely not envious of a childhood like that.

When Jenny asked about help, the imps popped up and gave a salute,. Even if they didn't look like the strongest things, it would be more than helpful to have them scout around corners. Due to how they'd been trained, they were fairly quick on their feet and were excellent scouts. The one that was cleanest motioned to Jenny and pointed to his head to indicate that it wanted to communicate. Gardevoir, our master informed us that you can read minds and he instructed us to aid you. What would you have us do?

Melethia began sorting through the trapsmithing tools as she responded to Jenny. "Well, that's what I'm thinkin' about here. I don't think they'd do too many pit traps, but I can get us through this just fine, Miss Jenny."

Sadei almost squealed in joy at Teri's response. I'll do my best to help you out as well, Teri! I mean, even if we can't find out who I was, I know that you've been the best friend I've ever had~!

Devon remembered Rugal's response to what had happened to his base and responded. "Well, he's become a lot calmer, I'd think. After all, I'm still here. And I'm really glad that you've finally made your own way to a better life. Really, you're looking better than I've ever seen you before now."

Upon hearing Ton-Ton's question, he whispered down to him. "Well, you know that driving call you have to help people, Little Knight? That's your soul speaking to you. Even back when you were a doll, you had a soul. One of the brightest ones that's been around, and don't let anything else convince you otherwise." Devon's soothing voice was designed to comfort the Tonberry and reassure him before any nagging thoughts ate away at him. Much like when Devon would check up on Ton-Ton and Cadolbolg after the harsh training they put him through, he was trying his best to ensure that the Tonberry was alright.

Slindis, Rugal, Lupito

Slindis turned back to Rugal with a wry smile and responded as the faintest traces of Aura could be detected deep within the cavern. "The Menechtarun was filled with them, and that was a desert much more vast than the one here. Ah, it was so much more simple back then when I was with the others there. Granted, the issues were large and the mummies in the desert didn't help much, but the four of us did so much! Obviously, we weren't well-known, but our deeds weren't." Her pensive tone did have a bit of sadness, but there was also that softer side that Rugal had seen from her a few times.

"*Laugh* I forgot about you guys to be completely honest! Ahem, well, they will have guns so if you could find a way to make sure that they didn't have them anymore..." Jenny stated as the gang moved out towards the mine.
"Then, I guess you could help us move all the Iron and such afterwards if you are able."

Slindis, Rugal, Lupito

Picking up on her field, Rugal managed to follow her every movement as they went in deeper into the cave, getting darker and darker as they moved away from the cliff face.
"These are the Torchbearers you speak of, right? Reminds me of our own group...Tell me more, if you don't mind." He asked, unaffected by the darkness, it really doesn't get any worse for the blind.

Crystal Team

After the meet and greet was over, the Team moved towards the hidden city and towards the target that Dimitri had set.
They first entered the residential area, many homes made of stone, each one in disrepair in cobwebs.
The place was completely deserted and devoid of life and it had been for a long long time.
At least they didn't have to worry about being attacked, Right?...
Right?...

Sadei almost squealed in joy at Teri's response. I'll do my best to help you out as well, Teri! I mean, even if we can't find out who I was, I know that you've been the best friend I've ever had~!

Teri couldn't help but grin at Sadei's enthusiasm, and made a silent oath to herself to keep in contact with the staff. She was all Sadei had after all, "Thank you, Sadei, on both accounts. You're not too shabby a companion yourself. Hey, maybe if we get the time, I'll have Mel, Mum or Dad take me through some more exercises! It'll do us both some good, I bet."

As they continued towards the cave, Teri made the extra point to mention to her wolfy companion to keep his nose to the air for anything funny, "You smell something funny, lemme know, alright? Don't want us all to get jumped by some bigass miner..."

Crystal Team

Cutie Bruisers, Devon, Caim, Angelus, Kalastryn

Angelus sent her own encouragement to the Tonberry after Devon, "Your Mistress is lucky to have as devoted a creature as you, little one. Devon speaks the truth in his words."

Ton Ton perked up at their words, and gave a sheepish giggle, "Okay Mr. Devon! I trust you wouldn't lie to me. Now, let's get that crystal!"

As they landed, Caim continued his silent laughter at Kalastryn's reaction and waved a hand, "He hasn't had them that long. Ever heard of adoption? But the matter of Rugal's parenting skills can wait. We've a job to do."

Dismounting the dragon with ease (and Angelus dipping her neck for Devon to leave with a smaller drop), Caim kept his hand near the handle of his family blade; just in case something leaped out from gods know where.

Angelus, on the other hand, sniffed the air, Cadolbolg doing the same to aid, and the two gave the same conclusion: all they smelled was dust and spiders.

The imps heard Jenny's response to them and got ready to fan out through the mine, using the buddy system to keep one another covered as they searched for the weapons. They may not be the strongest fighters, but the experience in the Blackhawke gave them a decent amount of experience in not being noticed.

Before the others went in the mine, Melethia put a hand up. "Hrm, I think they aren't too happy with visitors...Eh, that's too bad for them, isn't it? Be careful, 'cause people like this keep their stuff well guarded."

Sadei thought about it for a second then responded again. You know, I think Melethia could do that. She is a pretty good teacher for thinking outside of the box...

Devon got down from Angelus as he responded to Kalastryn, holding Ton-Ton in the process with one arm to ensure he didn't fall. "Well, I never thought Melethia would get so close to him, but apparently Slindis and her see something in him. Then again, considering what we were up against, it wasn't the oddest thing. I mean, I never thought I'd ever hear her or Teri go on such a rampage after he nearly got shot down..."

He put Ton-Ton down on the ground as he pulled out an oddly humming blade from the sidepack and brushed the Tonberry's cloak off. "Anyone says you don't have a soul, you go ahead and tell me. I'll show them otherwise, because you really are awesome. How much light do you think we'll need in there?" Devon took the first steps inside the door to see what was happening in there.

Slindis, Rugal, Lupito

Slindis was undeterred as her eyes naturally adjusted to the lack of light and she responded. "It was a far smaller group than the Rising Dawn, I'd say 6 at most. Still, we were all a tightly-knit group. You had Panthyer, the best trapsmith I've ever worked with, lethal markswoman, and extremely close friend. Shieldwarden was a Warforged: one of the earlier ones, but still an extremely intimidating man and a champion of Warforged rights. Agronttir was a stubborn dwarf, skilled with his axes and he always knew how to cut through to the heart of the matter. Dekarn was a lively man, always hard to really figure out and he was a fairly skilled spellcaster for a musician. And finally we had Ferill. Although the halfling was in the twilight of his years even when we first met, he showed me a good deal of what a paladin should be and I owed a great deal to him."

She saw some faint movements in the distance as she continued. "We had a good number of deeds under our belts: Stopping a plague meant to free something even the Lords of Dust feared, Freeing the peoples of the Menechtarun from the crushing thousand year reign of the Demon Queen Lailat, defusing the war between the Silver Flame and the Sovereign Host that was meant to draw the attention away from the rakshasa masquerading as a Silver Flame Inquisitor as he tried to free the Spinner of Shadows. The mess caused by the aftereffects of that one, now that was a challenge. Lolth was a goddess that the universe would be better off with, but with the collapse of Eberron, the whiplash must have taken her Demonweb and Faerun out in the process." Slindis's Ki Pool once again told Rugal the honesty of Slindis' statements, as if he honestly needed to check that.

Storm-178 (And Alpha)
Time: 12pm.

Alpha came back quickly.
"It seems they are native Americans ..."
"You don't say~" The Spartan said to himself.
*Ahem* "... and I could not distinguish why they have that look in their eyes. It might be some ritual they do."
"I'll keep that in mind." Storm said as he activated his helmet's speaker again.

"Greetings master and residents of the cloud lands, I am man from the stars." Storm said hoping they will understand his slowly spoken english as well.
"I was forced to come down to the bottom, but I have risen once more. Me and my people need your help so we can rise back to the stars." Storm was worried that they might not believe his story, even if it was the truth.

Edited in:

Matt said something inaudible, then looked off into the distance. Boss did the same. Far, far off into the distance, he saw (barely) a line of black smoke. "I can't believe I missed that. Can we go jack the train now?"

Within a short space of time, they had neared the outskirts of the mine.

Large men worked tirelessly to obtain the ground's minerals and ores for their company: Hyperion Mining.
Everyone seemed to invested in their work to pay much attention to anything else, allowing the Imps to start stripping the men of their pieces when no one was looking.
As this went on, They managed to get a look at the famed Gatling Gun as it was wheeled past in a wagon with a sentry on top, seemingly on patrol.

Soon the Imps returned with a massive pile of guns and they weren't even half done!
It was clear that whatever was going on here, they didn't take kindly to any visitors.

"Wow....Maybe...we should ask the office first..." Jenny stated as the pile of handguns grew bigger and bigger.

The Residential part of the town was empty, didn't even find any trace of anything living.
The Homes were bare, no furniture anywhere, completely hollow.
Caim checked his PDA and used it to track the Crystal.
It brought him before a Large Stone Door that was built into the cliff the town was built on.
It too was coated in a layer of dust an inch thick and had the following message hanging above it:
"veram potestatem venit ab intrinseco"

The Crystal was beyond that door, but it had been sealed for years...

Slindis, Rugal, Lupito

Rugal listened attentively as he mimicked every movement that Slindis's field made, though he began to get a headache from using his Sense so much.
"I see...Certainly sounds like the people of Eberron clearly owed a great deal to you. And I'm certain your allies are proud of you...where-ever they are..." He stated, hoping he wasn't causing her distress by having her recount her fallen allies.
"...Gah! This isn't working...Going to give myself a migraine at this rate!" he cursed, unable to use his Sense for much longer.
"...May I borrow you hand as a guide?"

Storm, People of the Land of Clouds

Beat
"...HAHAHAAHAAHAHHA!" The Elder bursted into laughter, along with everyone else at the moronic tale that Storm had woven.
"HAHAHAAHAHA! You not Man from Stars! No man live there!" He said, unable to contain his laughter.
Storm managed to get a better look at his eyes and found that they were slightly reddened, as well as the fact he smelled of smoke.
In fact, All of them did!
"Hooooo...Why you here, Bottom Dweller?..." He repeated as everyone tried (And Failed) to regain their mysterious persona after laughing that hard.

"Why I do believe we can, good sir," Matt said as he powered up the mech. "Unless you need me to carry the locomotive, I'll be guard duty. This mech has quite a few defensive measure and just one weapon. Here's hoping I don't have to use it," he said with a grin.

Underneath the helmet of the spartan laid a very, very angry Storm.
Alpha was very worried what was going to happen next since she could read his feelings and thoughts.
"This isn't good."
The Spartan started to emit a shallow laugh.

"Ahahahahaha~"

It began to get louder.

"

Ahahahahaha!

"

Then louder, which was the point where flames started to sprout from his helmet.

"Ahahahahah!!"

Too bad someone didn't do the weather forecast today because someone should of predicted a pissed off Storm!

"Ahahahahaha!!!"

At this point, blue flames where spewing from his helmet.
And his energy sword had extended itself out from it's device.
If anyone could describe him right now it would be in the term of "Demon".

"I suggest you apologize but if you don't ... I won't kill you, I'll just take your limbs!" The now Demon like Spartan said in a dark, cold tone and ended it in another crazy laugh.

bluecrimson:
snip

Kalastryn retracted her wings and pulled something out of a sack on her belt, she knew combat wouldn't have been necessary before now, but a little bit of paranoia kicked in when she saw the door. She takes out a glove with a red sphere embedded on the back of the glove.

The orb begins to glow in the shadow of the doorway as it hovers between her hands. "So... anyone here have any objections to me blowing the door off?" she asks jokingly, giggling after.

The Not So Great Train Robbery

The Train raced towards the would be thieves, it was a Passenger Train so it had 5 carriages and an Engine.
Around half the the train had some form of weapon on them and they knew how to use it.
The Driver saw the mech on the side of the tracks and began to blow the wistle, hoping to get it's user to get away incase he was going to walk in front of the train

The Tribe watched on in Awe as Storm managed to have a head on fire without getting burned, not really paying attention to anything else.
"....whoa.....Hot light!" The elder shouted, causing the entire Tribe to repeat "HOT LIGHT! HOT LIGHT! HOT LIGHT!"
They dropped everything and began to celebrate, jumping up and down with joy at the sight of Storm's head being on fire.
"You! You come with Veteran Child! You come to Land-Of-Clouds! You light Spirit of Clouds!" The Elder known as Veteran Child stated to Storm, treating him much more respectively now.

"Geez, calm down now. Look at them!"
Alpha pointed out to everyone looking towards his flames.
Storm sighed and the flames returned to a normal orange color.
He was still somewhat angry on the inside but on the outside he still showed he was still alert.

"(So ... are they high?)" Storm questioned their laughter from before.
The Spartan pointed towards Veteran Child, "Fine, I'll come ... but don't try anything." Storm said as he looked back tot he point where Slindis and Rugal have been travelling.

"(Hopefully they won't try anything ... I would hate to do something like America's settlers.)" Storm prayed to his God before exchanging his sword for his shotgun.
Still feeling the distrust within him.

Boss rolled his eyes. "Sure, make me do all the-"

Ahahahahahahaha-"

"The mech is defense oriented, I can't-"

"Quiet!" Boss said. Then, after a few seconds, "Can you hear that?"

Ahahahahahaha-"

The laugh was chilling and filled with rage. Boss wasn't sure if he was hearing it or sensing-

"Yeah, I hear it now. And I know that laugh. Someone-or something-is filled with bloodlust.

"AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

Far off in the distance, maybe ten miles away, there was a flash of blue light. The laugh had turned into a howl now, and it looked like a storm was coming from nowhere in the distance.

"Change of plans." Boss said. "You stop the train, grab the locomotive; I find out what that is."

"Stop." Matt said. "You were just talking about thinking? Think about this. First, that thing isn't your problem. Not yet. Second, we need that train to fix the ship. Thrid, and again, you don't know what that thing is! What if you can't fight it? What if it kills you?"

Boss scoffed. "I can crush aircraft carriers like tin cans; I threw a skyscraper at a guy once. I'll be fine, you take the train; I'll catch up-"

"Like hell you will. We need to do this now. We only have one opportunity. Whatever that is can wait until we have some kind of reinforements."

"...damn it. You're right, but I don't have to like it."

"Agreed. Now let's do this."

Boss nodded, and Matt found himself right in the path of the oncoming train.

MEANWHILE!:
In The Engine Room!

Boss tapped the Conductor on the shoulder. "Hiya! No hard feelings, but I'm gonna need this train. All of it."

Esia, the dark magician girl was riding the train back towards Gunsmoke, from one of her shows in another town. She was working as a show girl in saloons and was making a decent living for herself. The whistle however, brought her attention to the outside of the train and she saw a mech or something of the sort, advancing towards the train. Not liking this, she got up and began to make her way to the front of the train.

She was in her formal dress, and getting it dirty wasn't something she'd like.

She eventually made her way out of the first passenger car and up to the engine's cab. "Bob? what is that thing?" she asked, but found him being harassed by someone.

"HEY! GET YOUR FILTHY HANDS OFF OF BOB!" the dark Magician girl shouted and boss was met with a club to the side of the head. the hit was enough to throw him out of the cab and onto the ground rushing by, but not enough to do any damage.

Esia began to float, she floated up and landed ontop of the engine's cab. "Leave the train alone!" the girl declared.

Dea sighed. Then she poked Matt in the head. "We might have an issue."

"Wow....Maybe...we should ask the office first..." Jenny stated as the pile of handguns grew bigger and bigger.

Teri shook her head at the thought, "It doesn't look like they're gunning, pun not intended, for pleasantries here... I got an idea."

Pouring out a bottle of water, Teri summoned a familiar energy to create her friendly neighbourhood water elemental into the world, and pointed towards the camp, jibbering in Aquan, "Place yourself as close to the ground as you can, and investigate that camp. I'll call upon you again, so don't try to come back to this destination. Use all your time to check the place out. Stay hidden. Stay safe."

With a nod, the elemental did as told, and began fanning out into the camp, doing specifically as his mistress commanded; slowly slinking inwards...

"veram potestatem venit ab intrinseco"

Caim's brow furrowed for a moment, and quickly typed the message on his phone and sent it to Dimitri, "What does that mean...?"

A moment later, the Butler's voice chimed in, "Ah, yes, User: Caim, the language of origin is Latin, and the inscription reads, 'true power comes from within'. Is there anything else I can do to aid you?"

Caim shook his head, "No, thank you Dimitri."

He made a note to keep that in mind, and moved out the way for Kalastryn to do her thing. After the door came crashing down, Caim couldn't help but feel that the words would come into play somehow. Crypts like this had that sort of tendency.

As they wandered Ton Ton gave another word of thanks to Devon, "That's awfully nice Mr. Devon, but you don't need to go out of your way for me. Besides, I think my friend here, "

he indicated to Cadolbolg, who had taken roost on Caim's head again, "Would probably roast them or zap them first. Not that I intend to roast or zap anybody who's mean to me. That's not a very good thing to do either...."

((If the cave is too big for Angelus, just assume she's swapped forms between posts.))

Boss landed face-first on the dusty plain with a thud. That...had just happened.

Why am I always getting sucker-punched? Boss thought to himself, sitting up. It's like a bad joke.

Standing up and dusting himself off, Boss decided it didn't matter. I can crush aircraft carriers like soda cans. I once threw The Empire State Building at a guy. A girl in a pink dress should be nothing.

Boss teleported back into the engine. "Don't you-" Pink-dress girl was gone.

"She's up there." The conductor said, pointing to the roof. "I'd watch out. She's a toughie."

"uhh...thanks?" Boss said, teleporting to to the roof of the cabin. "HEY! YOU! WHY'D YOU-"

Without a word or a glance, Boss was smacked off of the train and landed face-first into the dusty plain. Again. "WHAT THE CRAP?"

"ALRIGHT, THAT'S IT!" Boss shouted and teleported back ontop of the train. He let out a slap where he thought the girl would be.

Guess what?

Turns out he was wrong and his hand met nothing but the air. That's when he looked down and found that she was down on the cab's roof and pulling a split. He was staring right down the tip of her wand and down her arm.

"How is she not burning her under-" he was saying but got cut off. "MAGICIAL BEAM!" she shouted and fired the energy directly into Boss's face.

needless to say, something familiar happened.

Boss steadied himself in midair. "Oh, it is so on now."

Flying down level to the caboose, Boss lifted the entire train up, into the sky. Teleporting back on the top of the train, he said, "You can knock me down again, but this whole train will drop." Boss smirked. "Care to talk?"

"You know I would like a plan to go smoothly for once," Matt said as looked at the train floating in midair. He then produced a bottle of vodka and drank straight from it while he waited for Boss to be done.

"No." she said and landed on the train, extending her levitation ability to the train. She was now out of breath from it, but not done. "Magical Beam!" she shouted and sent boss flying once again. Now the train began its controlled descent to the tracks it was on.

Dea and Matt
"You know that stuff can kill you and hurt you, right?" she asked him.

Boss hovered in midair, and thought. That wand...staff...thing. Even if it isn't the source of her power, it probably helps her focus. And she's winded now; if I take it she might not have any fight left in her. And she smacked me clean out of nowhere; maybe she has some kind of precognitive sense, or can tell where I'm teleporing. Either way, I need to be very, very fast.

Boss shook his head. No. No. Violence probably isn't going to work, and I don't want her to think I'm the bad guy here. Even though I totally am. Talking. Maybe talking would be better.

Boss cracked his neck, put up a psychic barrier around himself, and teleported back to the engine. "I just want-"

This time the beam of...magic...stuff...hit a barrier about six inches in front of Boss.

Boss teleported right next to Pink Girl, and, fast as he could, snatched the want out of her hand. Then, fast as he could, he teleported to where he was standing before. The whole action took less than half a second. "Alright." Boss said, showing the wand...thing. "Listen for a minute. My name is Boss, and I don't like fighting. And I don't want to hurt you, or anyone else, for that matter. Is there any way we can talk like...I don't know, rational adults?" Boss moved over and offered her the wand back. "Do you have a name, maybe?"

"That would be true if I didn't have nanites in my body that filter out most of it. I would have to drink two of these bottles back to back just to get a buzz. Same goes with smoking too," Matt said when he noticed the train landing with Boss on it. "Time to go to work," he said in a serious tone. Matt activated the laser cutter on the mech and cut the link between the locomotive and the rest of the train. Without missing a beat he also punched a hole clear through the boiler in order to kill the power. He aimed the ADS the mech had at the lady in case she tried anything.

Melethia thought about it for a moment while the Imps continued disarming the wrokers inside the mine, then responded to Jenny. "Miss Jenny, with all the defenses they got there, ya really think they'd just let us walk off with what we need? 'Sides, they're guardin' somethin' big here, an' with all the defenses they got here, I wanna find out what it is."

She took a closer look around the area for the guards at the base before rushing into any drastic actions, as well as finding out what the main patterns were.

Devon helped the Tonberry on his shoulder as he entered the area with Kalastryn and responded. "I understand what you're saying. I just wanted to let you know that I'll try to have your back along with Cadolbolg and the rest of his family."

As they went on, Devon heard the translation from the wrecked Door and thought about it for a second. "Hmm, this feels a bit too easy... Maybe there's some kind of magic going on here?" He could already detect the magic from the others here, but he wanted to focus to find out exactly how many auras were there.

Devon casts Detect Magic!

You detect magical auras. The amount of information revealed depends on how long you study a particular area or subject.

Time before the next level 0 spell: 18 seconds.

Slindis, Rugal, Lupito

Slindis held Rugal's hand with her own left hand, and she faintly smelled the whiff of gnolls in the air. "Well, we did what we could, and we all became close contacts. Tira, when Panthyer gave birth to Sadei, I made sure to be her godmother! Unfortunately, I wasn't able to be around her much, but Melethia spent a lot of time taking care of her... She'd be coming up on three this year if Eberron were still existing..."

The light sound of Padded footsteps could be heard from deeper within, but Slindis' Darkvision allowed her to comfortably maneuver herself and Rugal around a few recent droppings. "Rugal, we'll have to make our way through here soon before the gnolls find us."

Storm was led by the tribals towards a strange forested area that somehow managed to grow on the Mesa, in the Heat, At that altitude.
They took him inside the forest and to their camp and that's where things got weird.
Aside from some Tee-Pee tents, there was a wide array of people from Businessmen to Cowboys to well known criminals.
All of them were lazing around, completely unaware of Storm's presence, either staring off into space or eating bowls of fruit and berries.
But he was moved now towards a sealed off part of the camp, adjourned by loads of holy looking symbols.

"Welcome...to the Spirit of the Clouds..." Veteran Child said as they came before a massive Redwood Tree, easily a few thousand years old and covered in a strange form of Ivy, Alpha was unable to find out exactly what kind.
There were also scorch marks from where the ivy was lit on fire, though age had granted the Redwood a hide thick enough to shrug off the flames
"Now, Bottom Dweller, use Hot Light to release the Spirit of Clouds and learn the secrets of the One Being." He asked Storm to using his flaming helmet to light that shit up!

Squishy managed to get past easily enough as Melethia went in for a closer look.
The Elemental managed to sneak near the Lunch tent:

"-So she said "Not even with yours"!"
"That's funny, man!"
"Yeah...You hear about Steve and those guys in the East tunnel?"
"No...What happened?"
"Caught a bunch of them trying to smuggle out some of their find, He wasn't happy, Heard he used a Pickaxe."
"Wait...Are they dead?"
"No, because everyone can live after being stabbed in the skull by a pickaxe."
"...Huh...."

"I don't get it, I thought the was a Coal mine?"
"It is."
"But...We're taking out Iron..."
"Yeah, I don't know what it is about this area, just rich in ore I guess.
"But that is Geologically improbable!"
"....Huh?...."
"Grrr...Forget I said anything..."

Melethia managed to get a idea of some blind spots she could use and as the Imps managed to steal most of the guns off the populati-
"...Hey! Who took my gun!?" One shouted.
"What the?!"
"Alright, who's playing me?!"
Soon the entire camp began to enter a ruckus, every man trying to pin the other for taking their gun.
It was even enough to stop the Gatling Patrol, The way was as clear as it was going to be.

Devon senses no magic outside of the faint essence of the Power Crystal, when I say a place is deserted, I fucking mean it! XD

The Sealed Door proved easy to open when you blast it with a Gem weapon.
Beyond it was a staircase that led down into a underground passage

Following it towards their target, they found that the passage had branching paths, 3 of them to be exact, Left, Right and Forwards.
The PDA didn't work as well underground so no using Sat Nav to pick out the correct one.

Rugal, Slindis

Rugal too heard the footsteps and DEFINITELY smelt the droppings, holding his nose at the sweet smell of animal shit.
"Oh wonderful...So shall we double back? if they are in this cave, then I question the value of moving closer to their location..." He said, wondering if they knew any other linking cave networks that they could flank them with.
"Tell me...do they die easily at least?"

Melethia grinned at the mayhem that had been stirred up my the imps doing whatever it was that Jenny had asked them to do and urged the others to her. "Let's hit 'em now while we've got the chance, everyone!" She led the two inside with weapons drawn, ready to gut anyone that decided to attack them.

It was around this point that the imps started doing something incredibly nasty yet clever: after removing the large majority of the ammunition on sight, they began slipping the occasional gun in the ranks of the miners. The thought process was to sow even more discord amongst the ranks and have it spiral down to infighting.

Devon looked at the split and thought about it for a second before turning back to Caim. "Well, we could all go one way here to find the gem or we could split off in pairs to cover ground. Should we opt to do the latter, we need to make sure one person with flight's on each team. Then again, we're already short on numbers, so that may not be the best choice..."

Rugal, Slindis

"Hrm, it's odd that they're in this cave, but we should make our way back now."

It was right around that time that Rugal heard the faint whistling of an arrow headed their way. Due to that hellish training Slin had put him through with Teri, he instinctively dodged the arrow along with Slindis.

"We've got company. They're tenacious, but they die just like any others." Rugal didn't even have to have the Aura Sense on to feel the shift to Water Stance, and they'd need it.

After all, they'd managed to find a stronghold of gnolls, and they were all aiming to capture or kill the intruders.

Rugal, Slindis

"Good. I need to limber up after that climb..." Rugal retorted, his pride kicking in as he used his Sense to locate the Gnolls and determine their line of fire.
"Dark Barrier!" He shouted as he formed a Ki Shield on his forearm and used it to block a few more incoming arrows.
"I got this side!" He stated before charging headlong against the Gnolls on his side, being careful to not trip over the nooks in the cave floor in the process.
Once he felt he was close enough, he flung his shield like a disk at the nearest one, hoping it'd hit.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 . . . 830 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here