The Escapist Avatar Adventure: An Open RP (Now Re-Opened!)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 . . . 870 NEXT

Diablo1099:
snip

Mizune sighed then nodded. "Understood..." She said to Bison before he left.

Dani sat down with a rather large plate of food infront if her. She sat right across from Wesker, looking at him. "You're Wesker. Stella tortured you and killed you..." She said the. Hung her head. "I'm sorry for that..." She said and began to eat. The plate of food began to disappear as she demolished it. She wasn't sure if Wesker had heard her or not, but she did feel remorse for him.

Wesker

Wesker nearly spat out his drink after hearing that name again, reminders of all the "Fun" she'd put his soul though, "Fun" he could never forget.
"...."
He then started a new bottle, it'd be a while to get that thought back out of his head again.

Dani finished off the plate and looked at Wesker. "You keep drinking away your problems. That will never help." She said and cleared the rest of his drinks from the table, breaking the bottles on the floor. She took the one that was in his hand, and crushed it in her own. "You used to be powerful, striving to do things that were bad for shits and giggles. I remember you used to be that kind of person. And all because your soul was tormented by a vampire. She will never hurt you again, and you're not even worth alucard's time from what I remember his personality being. So man up and quit moping about." She said and stood up.

Turning to the viscus guard, she nodded. "Take me to wherever I'm going to be spending my time." The female said, then followed the guards out and back down to Mizune's lab, where she made a bed and little setup to live.

Dimension: Avatar Adventures Universe

Location: Airship Rising Dawn | Washington D.C. | United States of America
Time: Evening

Airship Rising Dawn - Canteen
Aftan | Akane | Devon | Ella | Fire Imps (x6) | Gabrielle | Lucifer

Devon laughed a bit at the bluntness of Ella and put a hand on her shoulder. "Hey, he can't help how he smells... well he can, but it's besides the point. Anyway, I'm about done with this meal. What about you? I was thinking I could find something a bit better to wear, because these pants won't hold up against much more."As the imps finished up, Devon let the imps know in rough Infernal that they were free to take a small break if they didn't cause much trouble.

Gabrielle's mentioning of making a reality show off of the ship brought a sigh from the man as he cleaned up the plates in the ruined room, however. "Don't we already have enough on our hands without being on TV?" He looked to Ella, hoping she'd back him up.

Airship Rising Dawn - Medbay/Morgue:
Charlie | Shadow | Storm | Tajuh | Teri

Tajuh nodded at Lucifer's information and rubbed his chin at the information. "I suspected something like that was the case, but David doesn't know it. The fact that Elena's carrying a child is more concerning, though. She can only run for so long while carrying the child, and there are quite a few people that would love to have access to Elena or whatever abilities the children possess. If possible, one of the people on this ship needs to find her before her enemies find out about the pregnancy." His voice was slightly softer as he talked about getting Elena out of harm's way, but only slightly.

Airship Rising Dawn - Hallway by Sauna:
Slindis | Rugal

As she went down the hallway with the staff, she went through some motions with it. It wasn't something she'd willingly take into combat due to the fact that something about it felt off to her, but it would do for the training. She continued the motions as she approached Rugal, and the man saw the fluid motions. She'd taken the concepts from her training with him and channeled them into using the staff as well. Lupito followed shortly behind her, and the wolf seemed slightly uncomfortable with the enclosed space.

"Ah, Rugal. Would you mind helping me find Teri?" The wolf went to Slindis' side immediately in a protective stance, making it clear that Rugal was being watched by the wolf. If he didn't know any better, he'd say that wolf was as smart as any normal human!

Aftan | Akane | Devon | Ella | Fire Imps (x6) | Gabrielle

Ella nodded that she was indeed ready to leave, though it was obvious that it was the presence of the Spartan that made her lose her appetite rather than anything else. However, this wasn't about the man's personal hygiene, this was more personal to her than anything else. She approached the Spartan, smelling the wretched stench of Angel on him, and thrust her middle finger in his face.

"Hey Angel boy. Next time you're out to protect your friend. Make sure he doesn't stab any members of my family in the chest." Ella said coldly before she left the room, leaving Spartan cold cocked and unable to say anything to her face.

The Fire Imps nodded their thanks to Devon wandered over to an empty table next to the bar. As one of them climbed up behind the bar, the others sat around the table and with cigars passed around and lit, an impromptu game of Texas Hold'em was started.

A couple chitters later and a couple of Fire Impettes, differentiated by the bows in their fiery hair, joined in on the cards.

Charlie | Lucifer | Shadow | Tajuh | Teri

Charlie frowned at the thought that Elena could be out in the world. If this ... Fake!Elena had come directly to Der Erl Konig from South America, it was safe to say that Elena was either a dead or Tomoya's prisoner, though she wouldn't be for long if he underestimated her powers.

"There are too many variables. We do not know if Elena was able to leave South America, even if it was of her own volition. We do not know if this False Elena was able to get the drop on the real Elena and kill her. We do not know if she is free or if she is a prisoner of the many organizations and agencies that would love to be able to use her powers for their own gain." Charlie said as he remembered how he had first met her. She was on the run from the Central Intelligence Agency who wanted to use her to not only gather intelligence on their enemies but their allies as well. They also had far more sinister intentions as well, as they forced her to teleport an explosive device into the Twin Towers, giving the United States an excuse to start two wars.

"If she is not captured, she will continue to be on the run. However, until this Tomoya issue is resolved, finding her will have to be delayed. Until then, how do you propose we handle the news of Elena being pregnant in regards to David? Even if we tell him that the Elena that he killed nothing but a shade, I am unsure as to how he will react to having killed an unborn copy of his child."

Aftan | Akane | Devon | Ella | Fire Imps (x6) | Gabrielle

Devon finished cleaning up the table and gave a wave over to those still in the room before walking off with Ella. The whole eating dinner with Lucifer had been a good bit stressful, but he thought it had gone somewhat well. The pair had planned to head to the lounge room when they both heard the loud tearing noise of Devon's pants catching on some of the debris from the AA impacts earlier, finally finishing the job of destroying them.

"Well, this wasn't expected... And as you can see, the answer for me is boxers. Much more comfortable..." Devon was clearly embarrassed to be walking around like that, and tying the long-sleeved shirt only served to barely cover his legs. A glance up would have told the man he was now near the Hangar.

Tajuh sat down and shook his head. "I've got it on good word that she escaped, although I will give this contact the anonymity they wish. Unless I'm pulled elsewhere after we finish here, I will provide West with the assistance. As for the pregnancy issue, I will let Elena tell him that herself. He's gone through a lot: telling him that information would only further destabilize his mental state."

Airship Rising Dawn - Hanger
Angelus | Cadolbolg | Caim | Devon | Ella | Kurumu | Puce | Ton Ton

*RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIPPPP*

If there was anything that Devon should have been thankful for, it was that the environmental control systems had been repaired and it was no longer freezing in the Airship. This thankfulness should have been redoubled when Devon and Ella realized that they were not alone when Devon's pants ripped.

"Umm... Devon... your pants are missing. You really shouldn't let my sister manhandle you like that, especially with her dad wandering around the halls of the Airship." A familiar voice called out before the sound of her laughing bounded down the corridor.

"Sis. I swear by the nine rings you need to learn when you shut your TRAP!" Ella hissed as she looked around for something to help Devon our with his pantslessness situation.

"But if I shut up, I can't do this." Kurumu said before the whispering sounds of a magical spell being cast was heard and Devon was relieved to find that his jeans appeared to be just fine.

"It's just an illusion but I guess it's better than nothing at this point." The Succubus trapped in a wooden doll said, the smile on her face traveling in her voice.

Devon's plight was not unnoticed however as Puce had been rummaging about his messenger bag, looking for an appropriate set of clothing that would fit Devon.

"Sorry... this is probably the best that I can do at the moment until I can make you some proper clothing. Puce said as he handed Devon a pair of Cargo Pants styled Dickies work pants, as black and as starched as the day they were made. Only...

"Yeah... there's a bit of room in those pockets." The Energy Conduit said as he pointed out the Hammerspace properties of the cargo pockets on the pants as he found a tactical vest that looked like it would fit Devon as well.

"Vest came with the pants so... I figure you could use it."

"Thanks Puce. That's totally so nice of you." Ella said as she moved to give Puce a hug... but snagged her outfit on the clothes eating jagged metal edges of the damaged corridor.

*RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIPPP*

"Uhh... Sis... where'd your cloths go?" Ella's Half sister said with a laugh.

Charlie nodded in agreement with Tajuh's proposal that they hide Elena's pregnancy from David, lest they want the Irishman to start taking pot shots at the crew from some sniper's nest that he built.

"Agreed." Charlie said as he looked back towards the corpse of the false Elena.

"Now that we've determined that this is the false Elena. I should dispose of this body." He stated as he prepared a fire spell that would incinerate the corpse.

Airship Rising Dawn - Hangar

As the scene went on, Devon turned away to allow Kurumu time to get her sister some clothing as he looked at the new bits he just got. The pants were certainly nice, that much was true. Still, the tactical vest was reminiscent of being in a paramilitary group. Not exactly comfortable with the look, he kept his back turned as he called out to Kurumu. "Kurumu, would it be rude if I asked for you to make the outfit a bit more... well, make it look like I'm not some guy from the South? I remember hearing a lot about your design skills, and I'm sure that you have a good eye for this kind of thing." The Succubi Sisters had seen the Bard's toned body, and it was pretty clear that the baggy style of the pants would be odd, even if they did have that Hammerspace.

Clearly he didn't know Kurumu very well even if he was an author, because he just told her to go wild in an outfit design...

Tajuh looked over at Charlie one last time. "My apologies for the damage your people incurred. At least they should be able to mostly recover from it."

Storm-178.
Time: Evening.

Aftan | Akane | Devon | Fire Imps (x6) | Gabrielle | Storm

The whole time the succubi was yelling at Storm, the young spartan had a confused look on his face and a cocked head like a small puppy would in a bad situation. After a brief yelling the girl ran out of her room, Storm just presumed she was on her period and shrugged and went back to his happy mood. "Hmm... wonder what her problem was?" He said to himself as he wondered to the kitchen.

Grabbing a couple of supplies from the kitchen the Spartan began to cook up a stack of pancakes for himself, in his off-time he would cook for himself and a squad if he joined one. "Maybe she wanted a pancake... " Storm laughed to himself as he finished the stack. Shortly Storm sat down at a table near a large window and began to look out the window, the spartan began to wonder how he could in fact rescue Tomoya from the same corrupted fate.

After cleaning his plate of the food Storm just sat down at the window and looked outside, at the setting sun. He wondered what he should do after this sweet dinner. "You should observe a girl more closely... " A familiar voice told him, it was Alpha. Pulling out his phone on the table the AI projected a mini version of itself onto the table.

"Ugh sorry... my mind was on other important business." Storm grunted as he played with his hair.
"Like food!" She or it yelled out at the Spartan which ruined his mood.
"You try to not eat, drink or shower for several weeks!" He countered.
"At least you could of shower-" Alpha said but was interrupted as Storm slammed his hands down on the table, leaving marks.

"My friend is being tortured by someone... or something!"

Yelled the Spartan through out the canteen. Storm turned silent and returned his gaze to the sunset, "I'm sorry" Alpha said quietly, "No... I am, I still need to help you. Storm smiled gently at her and she did the same thing. The two just gazed outside.

"What do I need to do again?"
"Have a shower... hehe"
"... quiet you. Heh..."

Aftan | Akane | Fire Imps (x6) | Gabrielle | Storm

Storm's outburst did not go unnoticed however, the Fire Imps paused mid deal to look at the Spartan, as did the Knights and the Kitsune seated at the table next to Storm.

"Begging your pardon, Master Storm. but I believe the issue with Ella is that Tomoya send a wooden stake through the heart of the girl's half sister, a Succubus by the name of Kurumu." Aftan said from her table, seated directly behind Storm.

"Despite their differences and the fact that they are Daemons, they are still family, so it might be wise to give her some space, lest she attempt a more violent confrontation with you." The White Knight continued as she sipped her tea.

"That and we don't know if we can trust you in a fight since you did try to kill us all." Gabrielle said happily as she glomped onto Akane's tails.

"There is that. However, I would prefer that we give the man the benefit of the doubt. He was under Tomoya's corruptive influence at the time."

"Yeah but even then... how are we gonna know if Tomoya's not gonna pull the same crap and re-corrupt him?"

"True... but I would prefer that we bridge that gap when we reach it... and not a moment before."

"Jeez sis. It's a bit tight don't you think?" Ella's voice complained from behind where Devon was standing, the sound of fabric sliding over skin was clearly audible as Kurumu managed to locate something that her Half Succubus Half sister could wear.

"Don't complainin'. I haven't worn it in years but it'll work for you." Kurumu's voice said as she motioned for Devon to turn around.

Kinda Baggy yellow Sweater. Check!
Plaid School Girl's Skirt. Check!
Baggy Knee High Socks. Check!

It was at that moment that Devon realized that Ella was wearing Kurumu's old Yokai Academy uniform, or rather, Kurumu's idea of a uniform back then. The outfit itself was mostly figure hugging as Ella was more built than Kurumu was back then.

As for Devon... some a bit more suitable was found that would allow him to blend in with normal society.

Charlie waved off the apology that Tajuh offered.

"It is not a problem. They needed to experience a battle and due to my ... demotion... I needed to take a team in the field. They were the only ones that volunteer."

Storm-178.
Time: Evening.

Aftan | Akane | Devon | Fire Imps (x6) | Gabrielle | Storm

The information from the two helped the Spartan greatly.
Storm looked behind him to talk to the two.

"Hmm, I did not know that... ever since I was rescued I had forgotten all of my memories whilst in my corrupt state, though Alpha here told me most of the stuff that happened." Storm thought as he moved onto the next topic. "I still think she was on her pe-" Storm was about to finish but felt the cold virtual stare of the girl Alpha behind him.

"*Ahem* I shall give her space. Also I have checked myself since coming onto this ship, I am clear of corruption... but thanks to... umm a stone, it cured me. So if I'm near that I would doubt he can infect me again." Storm said as he finished his coffee and jumped up with energy and another smile.

"Well... before my bad smell spreads I better go. Thank you for the advice, I shall take it." He said as he carried off his things to clean and walked out to find a room.
Alpha waved goodbye on the way out as he collected the phone she was projected from.

Jenny

O_O

That was only reaction Jenny gave to the growing awkwardness at this "Reunion".
"Uhh... Sis... where'd your cloths go?"
"Oh my! Will you look at the time?! I really must go! It was nice meeting you all!" She blurted before hurrying out of the room while the going was still good.
Once she was out, she took a moment to compose herself before heading down over to David's to check up on him.

David

"......."
34 bottles had taken their toll, David now had no idea where he was, who he was and what the hell was that white chair in the bathroom.
"David?....David are you there?" Jenny asked as she knocked on the door, sensing pure oblivion in David's mind, it was kinda like reaching enlightenment, but the opposite.
"....."
"David, I know you are in there. I just want to talk..." she asked again before trying to open the door, which was locked.
"....."
"....I guess you don't want to talk then....Well...I'll be right next door when you are ready. It's okay, I can wait..."
"....."
Thus, Jenny began to move her things to the closest vacant room.

Rugal

Rugal took a moment to watch Slin's movements with the staff before a stern look and a head shake(?) from Lupito told him to move along.
"I haven't, I think she was tending to the Spartan in the Medical Bay. Still, I was wanting to talk to you first. We'll walk and talk..." He said as the pair of them set off, Lupito placing himself in between them.
"Just I don't mean to pry, but it was something that was nagging at the back of my mind. And I was yet to get an answer. Seeing how we were barely a few seconds away from being wiped off the face of the earth by a nuclear explosion...."
"...Go on..."
"Well...back in the temple, with the..."Other" Version of you. She said something along the lines of "you haven't told him yet". Now, I believe that I was the "him" in that comment. Now, if you don't want to answer me, that is okay, I might have gotten the wrong idea entirely..."
Thus, he waited for a answer or none at all, keeping an eye on Luptio, he wasn't very pleased by this line of questioning...

Wesker

Wesker had paused for a moment after Dani said her piece.
".....Before you go....Know this. You. Are dead wrong. You think I'm one of them? Doing Evil for the sake of profit? No. I'm going to save the world from itself. And if you think that my greatest ambition in life is to just make guns, You clearly are no where near as clever as you believe yourself..." He explained before letting the Viscus Drones see her off.
".....Yeah....save the world..." he repeated to himself...

Teri would have jumped in surprise after finding out who exactly brought her the delicious steak meal, were it not for the bombs being dropped on the little group in the Medbay. With a solemn nod, Teri took in her comrades advice carefully, "If anything, wouldn't David benefit from knowing that this Elena was a fake? I mean, telling him right this second may not be the best of ideas, but if he were to know she was out there somewhere, and probably looking for him then... Well,"

Her eyes lowered for a moment, remembering how terrible she felt after destroying the false Rugal, as well as the relief that followed upon learning of it's fake status. Looking up again, she hazarded a glance at Lucifer, "Knowing the ones you care about being alive is better than thinking they've died by your own hand."

Lucifer thought about the issue very carefully regarding informing David as to the status of the False Elena and news of the Real Elena's possinle pregnancy.

"We have two options available to us. If we tell David about the fact that he killed the False Elena, tell him that Elena is alive and most likely pregnant, chances are that he will abandon the mission and go search for her. If we hide the fact of her pregnancy from him, chances are that he will continue on the mission, but should he find out about the pregnancy and that we knew of it and withheld the information from him, he will most likely go ballistic. If we go on as if nothing happened, that we know nothing we have deniability." The Fallen one said as he stood up from where he was seated.

"I will have to give you two the pleasure of deciding. Until then, Teri, my dear, I believe you instructor was looking for you... and she was carrying a staff."

"I will have to give you two the pleasure of deciding. Until then, Teri, my dear, I believe you instructor was looking for you... and she was carrying a staff."

Teri gave a small nod to the Devil's words, and collected herself up, giving a small bow in Tajuh's and Charlie's directions: "Feel free to call on me if anyone else is hurt."

With that, she began to follow after Lucifer, her staff clicking lightly on the floor as she went. She was a little confused about the Morning Star remaining on the Dawn, given that she thought he had duties to attend to, but decided to enjoy the moment while it lasted. As they walked, she vocalized her thoughts about her teacher's purpose,

"Hmn, I wonder if I'll finally learn how to use this staff properly."

She gave a weak laugh, "I feel bad for Sadei here. She wants to help me out so much, but I've no idea how to use her properly! Now, with what you asked in the Bay, I will admit to having a weakness to steak."

She smiled dreamily, "I never get the stuff, so I'm always happy to get hold of some if I can. Sorry I didn't display the best of manners about that..."

Silence purveyed over the duo as they continued, and the Cleric found her hand idly twiddling the necklace with her free hand, a habit that she found soothing in tiresome times. Which reminded her... A small smile flickered on the girl's face, and looking down at the item in question, she said,

"Oh right! I never thanked you for this... I inspected it a while ago and found that it was heavily enchanted. It was very kind of you to give this to me, especially when you had no idea how I felt about you... So, thank you."

Her eyes remained downward, and she mentally kicked herself for sounding so cheesy around the object of her affections. God, she was a writer! Wasn't she supposed to be good with words?!

Airship Rising Dawn - Main Corridor:
Lucifer | Teri

If Teri thought that she was having issues despite being a writer, she might have been glad that she wasn't in the silver tongued Devil's shoes as all he do was chuckle and mutter half syllables under her breath.

However it seemed that the fates were rather kind that night as Teri brougt up the subject of the necklace and its powers. Smart as she was, she was assumed that the crimson stone was merely a gem but that was a far cry from the truth.

"It seems that we were both unaware of each other's feelings then... Teri..." The Fallen One said as he savored each of the letter of her name as they crossed his tongue.

Suddenly, Teri suddenly found herself stopped in the middle of the corridor, with the Daemon Lord looking down upon her, his hands encircling her hands as her hands encircled the amulet.

"I ... I need to show you something." he said as he opened his shirt slightly and displayed a scar upon his chest, over his heart.

Looking at the scar, she noticed it looked familiar in shape and with trembling hands she placed the amulet over the scar and found the two shapes matched.

What... what did it mean?

As he coninued to look down at his Beloved Little Cleric, his face began to get closer and closer to her's.

Devon looked down at the outfit. It was actually a fairly nice suit even if the lighter shade of green felt a bit odd, but the white trim around the collar worked well enough for him. The Tan pants were a nice touch, and checking the pockets on the jacket showed him the Hammerspace was put in the pockets.

Kurumu had given Devon an outfit that would help him fit in. However, said place he would have fit in was back at her old school. The main difference is that it'd been trimmed to fit his frame rather well and hopefully a lot more durable.

"Hmm, I think I can work with this. Thanks!" The suit fit him well, and it was clear that he didn't know where it had come from.

Airship Rising Dawn - Hallway by Sauna
Slindis | Rugal

Slindis paused for a moment then turned to Rugal. "Look, I've dealt with many men on my journey. Even on this crew, I've seen the majority of the men here. So don't you think it's a bit presumptuous to say that you're the person that woman was talking about?" She put all her training into her bluff by keeping a bemused, detached tone, hoping that Rugal wouldn't see through it. Of course, her bluffing training hadn't been extended to controlling her Ki, and that was showing a far different story to Rugal. The fact that the Ki flared up slightly was a dead giveaway to show that she was interested in him.

"Still, Teri does need some more self defense training. I would have much preferred to get a more suited quarterstaff, but this will have to do." Lupito made sure to keep the space between the two of them, and it was reminiscent of how Rodem was towards people that went near Rugal. The main differences were the size and the ability to defend their owners.

Tajuh turned to Lucifer. "Here's the solution. Until he asks, we don't tell him. If he does ask, we will tell him. It's an odd way to do it, but it will have to do. I'd rather have him here, but keeping him away from the woman he cares about won't do. He does need to know the Elena was a false one, though."

Rugal

...Huh...Well I'll be damned... Rugal thought to himself as the spike in Slindis's Ki called her bluff.
Guess whatever it was about this ship and matchmaking finally caught up to him.
Once he got over the reveal of this Information, he smirked and said with a cheeky smile "My apologies then. I just assumed that was the case given how at the time, I was the only Male in that hallway. Still, If that is the case, then I won't bring it up again. I'm certain whomever that message was for will get it in due time."
He sensed a tint of nervousness from the Drow when Lupito glared at him yet again, he must have read her reaction too, but he wasn't about to let Rugal have his way with her.
Not taking his eyes off the massive wolf, Rugal then asked "...I'm sorry, just is this "Pet" of yours always like this? I swear, it's as if he wants to tear my throat out in my sleep..."

Rugal, Slindis, Lupito

Lupito kept right between Rugal and Slindis, making it quite clear to Rugal that he wasn't fond of the man one bit. It was a shame that the wolf didn't like Rugal one bit, because it was clear to Rugal from the fighting he'd seen the wolf do that its killing instinct was well honed.

"I've tried talking to him, but the only things he keeps saying is that you're putting up a facade. Believe me, this is extremely unusual. Lupito was usually fairly affectionate when I knew him back home, and I've never known him to be this stubborn." She petted the wolf as she walked down the hall, trying to calm the wolf that was ready to protect his companion if Rugal went to do anything hostile to her.

Rugal, Slindis, Lupito

...That's why I prefer cats, less of a judge of character... Rugal thought, no matter how many layers, now matter how well he acted, Dogs just seemed to always sniff him out.
Hopefully he'd come around before he was forced to make a rug out of him.
"Guess canines just don't seem to like me..." He said as they walked down the hall, nearing the sauna.
"Well...Just don't push Teri too hard. Hard training doesn't exactly mean good training. Once your done, I'll get to your training. I'm thinking some more sparring with some Weighted armor. I'll be in the Steam Room when you are ready.
Or if you just want to join me!"
And with that, He left the Drow and her Mount for the Steam Room.

Garm | Lucifer | Lupito | Rugal | Slinds | Teri

And with that, He left the Drow and her Mount for the Steam Room....
Or he would have, were it not for the happy (?) couple in the middle of the hallway; faces still advancing towards ones another at a snails pace by the time Rugal turned the corner.

Garm, poor sweet fool, wandered past the King of Fighters, and gave a happy bark, alerting Slindis and Lupito in the same direction as well. If Garm was nearby, then surely Teri was to be found! Turning the corner, and found she was... in the embrace of Lucifer. And Rugal was seeing the whole thing. This would not end well.

Midas
Time: Distorted: Synced: 1137 A.D. 0 A.D. 900 B.C.

Lucieon of Candor | LiuFang of Xao | Eris of Grii

Luke dodged backwards from the great beast's obsidian tail and brought down his staff, a huge wooden beast that weighed more so than the largest greatsword. Yet, it still bounced off of the Black Dragon's scaly hide and threw the merchant-sorcerer off his balance. He stumbled back and slammed the butt of his staff into the marble floor to regain his balance, leaving a large running crack in the ground.

The beast before him glared blankly at him, his red eyes shining in the heavy smoke of the room, smoke that came from the burning flames that it held within it's massive maw. A guardian beast for the great black gate at the end of the once endless tunnel. The final room in this insanity inducing castle or keep. The Dragon's great black wings unfurled to cover the entire hall, and the tips scraped the marble on each side. A hundred and fifty feet across, he had guessed earlier, but Luke's perception was not as good as he would have wished it.

The Black Dragon reared it's head and hurled a column of black fire at Luke, and that whom had not yet recovered fully from the prior sweep of the Black Dragon's Tail.

A white flash appeared before him, faster than his untrained eyes could follow. Great flowing robes tied down with silk, and a straw hat adorned upon a neat straight bound length of hair. The flourish of Fang's enchanted straightsword sent the blast of fire into the marble wall, blowing a large chunk of the keep out toward the oblivion that existed outside.

Luke nodded to his White Phantom ally and dodged backwards again to put more space between him and the Dragon of the Abyss, "Keep him busy if you can! Luke's voice was hoarse from lengths of time without water or food. His human body, newly acquired had not been acclimated to the harsh living conditions he had faced the past 173 years either.

LiuFang nodded as his only response. There could be no sound that came from the White Phantoms, still locked away in their own world and timeline, and only superimposed upon this reality by the power of the White Soapstone. The Eastern swordsman dashed forward and engaged the dragon, his straightsword expertly parrying each of the dragon's talons that fell toward him. A second white streak, from high above in the rafters of the hall dashed forward. Eris with her greatsword, a monstrous beast made out of collected dragon scales, impervious to all damage, but heavy and blunt. Only suitable for crushing people and creatures underneath it's might.

Luke placed his catalyst on the ground, breaking the stone floor even further and causing trembles in the hall. A great white light erupted from his staff and launched itself toward the head of the black dragon. A white light imbued with crystal light, and powered by the souls of those long deceased or driven insane by the stress of reincarnating too many times and losing too much of their humanity.

The crystal soul spear broke through the dragon's scales and sprayed his black blood into the air of the hall, and his resounding roar echoed through the hall in cascading fury. The white phantom eris, hailing from some long forgotten city leaped from high in the rafters and struck down on the Abyss Dragon's skull with her greatsword, and it found it's way through the entirety of his skull. With the sword plunged into the marble floor, the dragon slain, and the three covered in blood of the ancient, Luke relaxed and moved on.

The gate before him was now open, the impenetrable dark magic that once held him in this place of torture would soon be gone. As he took his steps up toward the fog, he turned to his two friends. Those two which has seen him through all the trials that the city of the hollow had seen fit to throw his way.

He waved to those comrades now, and they waved back. Content with helping a friend through to the gate of reprisal. With that, Luke took a step forward through the gate, and hoped to find himself once again in the warm sunlight in Candor.

---

Lucieon

When he opened his eyes, his feet found themselves resting on the small rumblings of a machine floor. The chatter of foreign languages filled that place in his mind awaiting. He opened his eyes, sparkling blue in the artificial light of the Rising Dawn. And his heart fell into the pits of despair even deeper than the one he had just crawled out of. And a metal gauntlet fell to his leather-clothed back.

The Canteen was only sparsely populated with people, and the Chaos Knight's welcome was nothing short of a bear hug endorsed with spikes.

Bewildered, Luke sputtered out as best he could in commontogue, "What... what is this?"

Nessaj put Luke down and patted him on the head, "Friend that has arrived through the planes of chaos. Welcome!"

Garm | Lucifer | Lupito | Rugal | Slinds | Teri

Slindis approached the two with her quarterstaff in one hand and Lupito walking by the other one. "Honestly, if you two intend on kissing, taking the better part of a minute to do so in the middle of a hallway is not the best way to do so. If you're going to complete this, make it quick. Otherwise, Teri, we've got to cover the one branch of the training that we both know I missed." The stern tone of the speech was an effective way to kill the mood there, and the quarterstaff in her right hand made it clear to Teri what this training was going to do.

"The problem with people who say monsters don't really exist is that they're almost never saying it to the monsters."
- Alice Healy

Within the dark corners of the Rising Dawn, an evil awoke. Now incubated, now free to do what it pleased, it smiled. It could smell blood, and it was thirsty.

After the laughter at Ton Ton's expense, as well as the removal of Devon's clothes causing another laugh, Caim remembered that the bard before them was the one who told him about Furiae's status. Making sure to not appear threatening to the man, Caim took Devon aside and asked in a quiet tone, "I understand that your visions are not always consistent in when they come, but I have to ask... Have you found anything else about my sister? If so, please..."

Rugal

...What the?....
Rugal was bewildered to say the least at the sight of the Angel (Still unaware that he was in fact Satan(!??!)) and the Cleric were about to make out in the hallway.
"...The Youth has no decency these days?" He said to interrupt the lovers, both parties looking guilty.
He gave a stern look at the Angel as Slindis walked in.
"Honestly, if you two intend on kissing, taking the better part of a minute to do so in the middle of a hallway is not the best way to do so. If you're going to complete this, make it quick. Otherwise, Teri, we've got to cover the one branch of the training that we both know I missed."
"...Yes...Do that..." He said before he entered the Sauna, clearly not too keen of the Cleric falling into the arms of a Angel, given the current Situation between them and Tomoya.
Surely, if they can make the US General nearly nuke a major city, then a spy seducing one of their members?...

Garm | Lucifer | Lupito | Rugal | Slindis | Teri

"...The Youth has no decency these days?" Rugal said to interrupt the lovers, both parties looking guilty.
He gave a stern look at the Angel as Slindis walked in.
"Honestly, if you two intend on kissing, taking the better part of a minute to do so in the middle of a hallway is not the best way to do so. If you're going to complete this, make it quick. Otherwise, Teri, we've got to cover the one branch of the training that we both know I missed."
"...Yes...Do that..." Rugal said before he entered the Sauna.

Teri jerked away from Lucifer as if she was being shocked, her face now the shade of a freshly cooked lobster. Collecting herself and her things, she gave an apologetic grimace to the Prince of Darkness, her tablet barely squeaking, "Sorry!" before she hurried after her teacher and leaving the 'Angel' in the hallway alone. Oh, how she wanted the floor to swallow her up at that very moment. She kept her gaze to the ground as she continued following her teacher to a training room, mentally kicking herself with every step. Why did she have to let herself get swept away in the moment?! Hopefully, training would prove to be a proper distraction...

Devon nodded, still getting used to the new suit. "She's got something running through her to suppress that transformation. Sounded like some kind of IV? I couldn't see it all too well. That help ya much?"

Airship Rising Dawn - Training Room

When Slindis got in there, she mentally told Lupito to communicate to Garm that this was training and nothing else before closing the door.

"Teri, now for one of the most essential parts of your training. We're going to go through physical combat, and there will be no spell aid for this part. Any attempts to cast will be dealt with quickly as well as any attempts to summon an elemental." She got into a fairly loose stance, and Teri could feel her teacher's shift into the Water Stance from her affinity to the Water domain.

Slindis held her staff in a loose grip with both hands as she took a few breaths. "Now, step one: Land a hit on me with only your physical skills."

Caim's brow furrowed a little, and nodded, "It doesn't tell me where she is, but at least I know she's being taken care of. However, this worries me in knowing she's been transforming... Do you know anything about that either? That is to say, has it been completely out of control?"

Slindis held her staff in a loose grip with both hands as she took a few breaths. "Now, step one: Land a hit on me with only your physical skills."

The Cleric balked for a moment at the notion of having to hit her teacher with Sadei. She knew full well that the paladin was proficient enough without any weaponry in her hands, but now that her teacher was armed....
"No spells, no elementals... Oh I'm dead. This is my punishment, isn't it God?! This is karma for not being more judicious in my moments in romance and I'm being punished! At least let my death be in dignity!"

Trying to imitate her teacher's stance, Teri charged at Slindis, and brought Sadei around in a strike to the side-

Fighting against a DC 15, Teri rolls a 17! You go, girl!

which connected. The Cleric's eyes widened in surprise, and she wondered to herself if Sadei's will had something to do with that blow reaching her target....

Double post

Ignore me

Devon remembered back to the scenes he's seen of Furiae tearing through the forces and spoke up. "As soon as she got out of that pit, she went out and started attacking everything in sight. I'm sorry to say it, but it doesn't seem like she has much control over it."

On the first successful hit, Slindis mentally smiled as she called out to Teri. "You've just progressed to part 2. Same as the last part, but I will counter flagrant slip-ups."

DC15 to hit, Slin will counterattack Teri on a 5 or lower.

Jenny was alone in the corridor, a false sense of security about her as darkness itself descended upon her. She turned.
An SOU operative stood before her, his face twisted and evil, shadows seeming to drip off him, dripping up towards the ceiling and pooling there. Before she could scream, tendrils of shadow shot out and wrapped around her, squeezing her, constricting her. She felt the pressure on her limbs and the air start to leave her lungs.
CRACK
She cried out with pain as her left arm splintered.
CRACK
A rib.
CRACK, CRACK, CRACK
The pain became too much, and she passed out. The beast threw her through the metal wall of the ship and into the next room. She would be there a while, and there were plenty more sources of ... fun. But first ...
The anomaly slipped through the hole it had just created and stooped over the girl's limp body before slashing a cut across her torso. He bent and drank the red liquid as it began to stain her clothes and pool on the floor around her. By the time he was done, the girl was hardly breathing. He would come back to her later. For now, he had an entire ship full of strong, powerful people ...
... and no-one knew how to kill him.

Jenny

"...Oh my go-URK!"
That was all she was able to get out before she was set upon by the Demonic(?) SOU soldier.
It all took place in the space a few seconds, after which she was on the ground, gasping and dying.
To add to this, whatever attacked her slashed her open and drank much of her blood.
It was then gone as soon at it appeared.
A sad feeling filled in her as she recalled the last time she died, it was terrifying, dying there alone with no one there for her.
Using what little strength remained she began to call out to the nearest person to her.
"h...elp....me...."

David

David was in a near catatonic state when he got Jenny's message.
tttafgddssss wha....fccccukkking...someosgd talking or autter... He thought, paining him to do so.
It was no use, he was too far gone to be of any help, so she tried harder, not like this, not again...

Devon

As he and Caim talked about his Sister in AIM, Devon froze for a second.
"...Do you hear that?..."
"Hear what?..."
"h...elp....me...."
"That....Is that Jenny?..."
Caim began to hear it too, She was in trouble.

Captcha: Doctor Who? : "DR. DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!"

The anomaly walked through the halls of the Rising Dawn, sharing lights as it went. The darkness would soon engulf the whole ship and, like a piranha in water, he would be in his element.
Another came into view ahead, further up the corridor. The anomaly licked the blood off its face. Time for another drink.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 . . . 870 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here