The Escapist Avatar Adventure: An Open RP (Now Re-Opened!)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 . . . 875 NEXT

Dimension: Avatar Adventures Universe

Location: Airship Rising Dawn | Washington D.C. | United States of America
Time: Evening

Airship Rising Dawn - Hangar
Angelus | Cadolbolg | Caim | Devon | Ella | Kurumu | Puce | Ton Ton

Caim would have commented more on Furiae's condition, but the moment he heard Jenny's weak cries for help; a single cry went through the mental channels of the pact-bound: "Jenny's in trouble, let's go!"

Drawing his familial blade from it's sheath, the warrior (who was soon swathed by his comrades) began to trope down the halls, looking for the source of the signal.

Airship Rising Dawn - Training Room
Garm | Lupito | Slindis | Teri

Teri rolls a 7! Tough luck, kid.

Teri tried a similar attack as before, trying to go for the other side, but found her teacher blocked the attack easily with a flick of her wrist; and the staff hitting her own. The Cleric grimaced, but readied herself for another attack.

Teri rolls a 12. Ooooh, so close!

But, like before, her master was able to dissuasive the staff from connecting properly. Teri gave a light growl of irritation, but continued on; not wanting to disappoint Slindis, and not wanting to be completely defenseless.

Jenny

Caim followed the cries to her new room, right beside David's.
Busting down the door, he found the barely living body of the Pokemon lying on the floor in a pool of her own blood.
On top of several bones being broken, that massive slash across her chest was a real concern, not to mention the fact what attacked her took half of her blood in the process.
She needed medical attention and fast.

Rugal

Back in the Sauna, Rugal was isolated from the world and the ship around him as he mellowed out in the Steam Room, thinking about Lucifer and Teri.
While she can do what she wants, I mean, I'm not her father, if he IS working for Tomoya, then he would know our movements and operations. Bastard is hard enough to engage without a mole tipping him off at every turn... He thought to himself as he sweated.

Suddenly, a shadow moved out of the corner of Caim's eye. Before he could react, the anomaly had slammed into him, fracturing a rib and sending him a good 10 metres down the corridor. And the it was gone. Or, at least it appeared to be. It appeared again beyond tonton, but this time they were on their guards. A blade slammed into the anomaly ...
... And deflected off. Not a scratch had been made. A hundred voices seemed to talk as one. "You are pathetic. You deserve death; I am only the courier." He smiled wickedly. "Special delivery," he said, slamming tendrils into Tonton and lifting him above the ground in a fearsome choke hold ... Before sniffing the air, dropping the small creature and vanishing once again.

Rugal wasn't expecting the blow, but by the time he had felt it he was on the ground. Not for long, though. He was back on his feet in an instant, ready to face whatever had hit--
What the heck was that thing?

Rugal

"Ahhhhh...*SMACK!*"
The instant he was struck, Rugal gave all his attention to whatever it was that hit him.
"ALL RIGHT! WHO HAS THE BALLS!?" He shouted loudly at whatever attacked him.
The monster went to strike him again, but in the close quarters that he was in, this quickly turned into a slugfest with both parties slamming each other into the wooden walls of the steam room, neither being able to out match the other.
The Monster lacked Rugal's sheer strength while Rugal was incapable of harming it.
It wasn't long before he managed to wrestle it to the ground and began unloading huge blows to its face.
"5. FUCKING. MINUTES. IS. ALL. I. ASKED. FOR!" He shouted with each punch.

The anomaly dissipated into shadow as Rugal launched another punch. His fist slammed into the floor.
The door burst open and the beast came in. H could obviously travel along shadows, but not teleport and not move unless there's enough darkness. Perhaps this could be exploited.

Rugal

As the last punch missed, it went clean though the floor while the Anomaly disappeared.
The second he heard the door open, he launched a quick "HADOKEN!" at the beast, while his punches seemed to have no effect on the beast, he went to see what Ki energy could do to him.

The energy passed over the Class 6 like water parted by a rock. It laughed and charged forward.

Rugal

"Oh fucking wonderful..." Rugal deadpanned as the beast attacked him again, resulting in the massive slugfest beginning again, even more brutal as Rugal drove it's head though a wall and brought his elbow down on it's spine with enough force to punch though steel before assaulting it while it was defenseless.

The beast shook off the blows before throwing Rugal out into the corridor beyond. These blows should have been killing the anomaly, but they weren't.
It picked up Rugal and threw him down through the floor and into a storage area full of crates. Before Rugal could register the blow it was upon him again.

Angelus | Cadolbolg | Caim | Devon | Ton Ton

"Caim! Ton Ton! What's going on?!"

Caim pulled himself off the floor and wandered over to Jenny, "I'm taking her to the Med-Bay. Devon, help me out here! Ton Ton, you know how to fight things like that, right?!"

The Tonberry got up quietly, his lantern glowing brightly in the gloom of Jenny's room, and only muttered, "Daemon..." before taking off. With that, Caim waved in the Tonberry's direction, "Follow after him! I'm of no use here..."

After tearing a sheet from the cot, Caim tied the cloth around Jenny in a desperate attempt to staunch the flow of blood, and lifted the Gardevior up carefully; hoping to not agitate the Pokemon more than he needed to. Following that, the Warrior and the Bard began their desperate journey to the Med-Bay as Ton Ton lead the party in the direction of the one who attacked them, an eerie blue light coming off the lantern as they went...

Rugal

Despite his best efforts, The Beast managed to over power Rugal and send him though the floor and though several boxes, large wooden splinters digging into his back as a result.
Before he could do anything else, he was on the receiving end of a massive elbow drop to the chest.
Toughing it out, he grabbed the shadow and attempted to snap it's neck as Ton Ton and those following him entered.
"There you are! None shall fall under my light, Daemon!" The Tonberry shouted before shining his light into the dark room.
They watched as the Shadow faded under Ton Ton's Lantern, leaving only Rugal...
"THAT DIRTY SON OF A BITCH! OH WHAT I'M GONN-...What?..."
With his bath-towel still up in the steam room...
"...oh...I get it, it's impressive. Stop. Staring. We have slightly smaller problems to worry about!" He said as he looked for something to cover up with.

Angelus | Cadolbolg | Ton Ton

"...oh...I get it, it's impressive. Stop. Staring. We have slightly smaller problems to worry about!" He said as he looked for something to cover up with."

The creature's eyes remained cold, and he turned away, the lantern still glowing fiercely, "There is nothing to be impressed by. The Daemon is still about. We need to attack while the trail's fresh."

With that the Tonberry was already well on his way. To the King of Fighters, it appeared that the little creature was a serious sort. Wait, wasn't it a doll...? But to those around him, the effect of his cold demeanor towards Daemons (whatever those were exactly) was somewhat chilling, especially since the creature was typically a kind and gentle soul. Regardless, the group gave Rugal their space, and watched as Ton Ton went on ahead of them....

Caim | Devon

The two rushed to the Med Bay without incident, and propped Jenny against on the Auto-Doctoring Medical Apparatuses, and took the sheet away, exposing the poor creature's wounds to the world. Following that, all the two men could do was watch and wait...

Rugal

The fact he was talking to Ton ton, of whom he had only ever seen his Plush form, was lost on Rugal was he attempted to find something to cover himself up.
While he didn't mind the attention, This was not the time nor the place.
Going though one of the boxes he broke, he managed to find a pair of jean trousers to slip into.
"So that "Thing" was a Daemon?...You'd better know what you are doing, That thing is strong and feels no pain. That much I'm sure about..." he told the Tonberry as he put them on.
"So how do we stop it?"

Jenny

The Auto-Doc got to work on the Pokemon, treating the wound and helping reset her bones, but even after this was done, it'd be some time until she was up and about.

Angelus | Cadolbolg | Rugal | Ton Ton

Ton Ton's serious demeanor remained, even in speech, when he said, "Perhaps not exactly what works as a 'Demon' of your world, but it certainly resembles one from mine. Back home, the Daemons were creatures that attacked children while they slept, and fed on their fear. They were made of shadows, and only the few blessed by their Mistresses or Masters were able to combat them. Essentially, stuffed animals from our world became living, and through their faith and love for the ones who granted them life, they were able to fight for their sakes. That was my job before showing up here... Things have changed a little since coming here. I used to be made of felt, for one."

The Tonberry gave a small sigh after mentioning his homeworld, but continued his briefing, "However, my Knife remains keen and my Lantern bright. If the light from the Lantern scared it off a moment ago, then it's safe to assume the Daemon fears bright lights, and might be subdued by them. Another thing, it has a thick shell guarding the shadow beneath it. If I can get my knife inside the shell, then it'll be over for the Daemon... Otherwise, I don't really know. I never really fought with others when I combated these things, save for the Slender creature; but he was different... He was more real than anything else my Knife has cut. This will be a new experience indeed..."

To hear such things from a child-like voice as Ton Ton's was a bit odd, but the King of Fighters shrugged. A girl that sounded younger than this one had removed his eye, so it may be natural to assume this young creature might follow a similar mold. Regardless, it sounded like it knew what it was talking about, and that much was a comfort unto itself.

Rugal was yanking long pieces of wood out of his back as Ton Ton explained what Rugal encountered.
"Bright Lights, eh? *Wince* Well, guess we're sleeping with *Wince* The lights *Wince* ON!" He grunted as he pulled a extra long one out.
"Still, Fire emits light and by god *Wince* I can provide that!" he boasted as another bloody piece of wood landed on the floor.

"Still, Fire emits light and by god *Wince* I can provide that!" he boasted as another bloody piece of wood landed on the floor.

Angelus laughed at this jest, and allowed a single flame to flicker from her hands, "You forget who's prescene you find yourself in, Rugal Bernstein. Two play at the game of fire, even if I should best you at it..."

She gave a small laugh after that, but frowned after that, the mock haughty tone vanishing when she spoke again, "However, I would still tread carefully. The last time we dealt with something of Ton Ton's prey... It wasn't pretty. I am glad the Slenderman has been put to rest..."

Airship Rising Dawn - Med Bay
| Caim | Devon

AS the machines started, Devon focused on one of the more serious injuries the Gardevoir had. "Come on, be tough... Don't you die on me." He cast the spell and tried to make sure that it went to the worst areas, but the control made it difficult to access the magic for a time.

Devon casts Cure Serious Wounds, healing 25 points of damage on the Gardevoir! However, it will be a full 30 seconds before he can cast again...

Airship Rising Dawn - Training Room
Garm | Lupito | Slindis | Teri

As Slindis continued to parry the attacks from her student, She made sure to give her student some insights. "Come now, Teri! Repeating the same exact strike only makes it painfully simple for any opponent to see through your movements! Think it out, vary up your strikes, and think of how someone else would respond to your strikes while fighting. It's not simple, but no opponent in a real fight will show you mercy."

Jenny

Thanks to the Cure Serious Wounds, it greatly lessened the amount of time Jenny needed in the machine.
She'd still needed some time to recover, but it was certain she'd pull though.
There should be more there but there isn't, Damn this writer and how he spent the last 30 minutes reading the Self Deprecation page on TV Tropes!
Fat Gobshite...

Rugal

Rugal finished picking the last of the wood from his back as Angelus brought up the topic of caution.
"Indeed...Next time, I won't be holding back..." He said as he made his way back up to the Sauna in order to get his suit before doing anything else.
It still confused him out he was unable to do anything against that Daemon, He wasn't holding back that time...

Time: FLASHBACK!!!!

Airship Rising Dawn - Hanger
Angelus | Cadolbolg | Caim | Devon | Lucifer | Kurumu | Puce | Rugal | Ton Ton

The two refugees from Hell were finally clothed, Ella clad in Kurumu's old Yokai uniform and Devon in what looked like a uniform from... Yokai Academy? The realization as to what she had done finally dawned upon the Succubus trapped in a wooden doll as she looked at Devon and Ella, standing side by side in Yokai Uniforms.

"I... ummm... you two... look nice." The little Succubus said as she looked at her half sister and her Bardic companion, a strange look on her face as she tried to block out the fact that the two reminder her ... of...

"Yeah. You two look great! Kurumu did a really great job" Puce complimented as he looked over to Kuru and paused for a moment. There was something... not quite... right about her. Something was bothering her but she was trying to put on a strong front for... Puce?

"Umm... Kuru... is everything okay?" The Energy Conduit asked with a look of concern on his face.

"Me? I'm fine. I'm just tired is all. I think I'm going to head to bed actually." The Succubus said as she fluttered off without warning, leaving Puce flatfooted and a bit dumbfounded by Kuru's shifted mood.

"Sorry you guys. I'm gonna go check on her. You really do look great!" Puce complimented as he turned around and headed after Kurumu.

------

"What do you think that was about?" Ella asked Devon as she started down the hallway, intending to follow Puce and Kurumu to see what was going on.

"Stay here Devi. I'd like to check on her by myself if you don't mind." Ella said as she headed off towards the hallway.

It was a strange thing for her half-sister to act like that. Kurumu had always been a bit of an obnoxiously happy child growing up so to see her mood darken like that meant that there was something wrong. Perhaps she should go find daddy and talk him about this since he seemed to understand the ways of emotion far better than Ella currently did.

Of course... speaking of her dad... The Half-Succubus suddenly found herself unable to move as she stopping mid-stride as she got a full view as to what was about to happen between her Daddy and that BITCH ASS CLERIC.

Airship Rising Dawn - Corridor
Lucifer | Rugal | Slindis | Teri

"Oh thank you! Thank you, Boss!!" Lucifer thought to himself as his lips closed in with the Cleric's own, his tongue moistening his own lips to ensure that what was to be his and Teri's first kiss would be nothing short of perfect.

"...The Youth has no decency these days?" Rugal said to interrupt the lovers, both parties looking guilty.
He gave a stern look at the Angel as Slindis walked in.

"Honestly, if you two intend on kissing, taking the better part of a minute to do so in the middle of a hallway is not the best way to do so. If you're going to complete this, make it quick. Otherwise, Teri, we've got to cover the one branch of the training that we both know I missed."

"...Yes...Do that..." Rugal said before he entered the Sauna.

"NO NO NO NO NO!!!!" The Fallen one despaired in the back of his mind, even as his own body moved like that of a child caught in an embarrassing situation as he pulled back suddenly, caught off guard by the sudden appearance of our Dear Little Cleric's "parents."

"Sorry!" The young woman's tablet squeaked as she ran down the hallway, retreating from the situation and her own embarrassment.

"great... timing... you two." He said as he watched Rugal glare at him before entering the sauna and watching as Slindis left to, leaving the Lord of Hell in the hallway by himself.

Well... not exactly by himself...

"Daddy?" Ella managed to let out before she bolted in the other direction.

"Why me?"

Time: Evening | Current

Airship Rising Dawn - Canteen:
Aftan | Akane | Gabrielle | Lucien | Nessaj

The Knights and the Kitsune were on their feet as soon as they heard the clattering of a body landing on the floor of the canteen and in accordance with their current role as the Airship Rising Dawn's "First Contact: Welcome Wagon," they had their weapons drawn, intent on seeing that the intruder found their way into the brig as quickly as possible. With all the Angelic spies that could be out there and the fact that they had just had a run in with Das Feenreich, who was known by the Knighthood to have more than just Elena as their means of transportation, the trio couldn't be too careful when it came to a new face showing up.

They were stopped short however as Nessaj picked the man up into a bear hug, pressing the armor spikes into the man as he did. Probably would have been a better idea for the man to have been taken into custody than to have withstood that bear hug for much longer.

"AHEM!" Aftan cleared her throat loudly as she and Akane sheathed their weapons, leaving Gabrielle with hers still unsheathed.

"Aftan... Akane... there's something else that's appeared on the ship. It's messing around with the Shadows." She said as she showed the Aftan and Akane her Shadow crafted weapon, if you could call it a weapon. For some reason the normally finely crafted weapon was deformed and warped.

"This can't be a coincidence can it?" Aftan asked as she drew her weapon again.

"You two stay here while I go check out our other guest." Gabrielle said as she dove into a patch of Shadows underneath a table. Leaving Aftan, Akane by themselves to handle the new visitor.

"Master Nessaj. Do you know this man? We have reason to believe that he might be hostile."

Airship Rising Dawn - Main Corridor
Angelus | Cadolbolg | Gabrielle | Lucifer | Rugal | Ton Ton

For his part, Lucifer had been trying to keep up with the action, moving through the ship under the control of his instincts rather than any particular thought... his human form cast away as he revealed his daemonic form, his blackened sword drawn and ready to send whatever it was that was threatening the ship, particularly, Teri.

Rounding the corner, he was drawn to a stop as he was spotted by Angleus, Cadolbolg, Rugal and Ton Ton.

"WHERE IS IT? WHERE DID THAT CREATURE GO?!?!" The Arch-Daemon Lord roared as in the back of his mind, he registered the fact that he was not in a form that any of the four had seen before.

------

Gabrielle reappeared in the hallways... looking for the creature that appeared to be warping the Shadows. Looking around, she continued her hunt.

Airship Rising Dawn - Medbay|Morgue:
Caim | Charlie | Devon | Ella | Tajuh

Ella finally reached the medical bay as Devon finished casting his heal on Jenny, some of the more serious wounds closing up and even though it might have seemed like the small pokemon was out of danger, there were still her broken bones to contend with.

The Half Succubus gasped at the sight of Jenny's battered body. Thought she hadn't spent any extended time conversing with the girl, she had a feeling that she was friendly and well liked aboard the airship. However what was also curious was the fact that Ella had been drawn to the location. Something... had called out to her and told her that Devon was under an extreme amount of stress.

"Devon! Are you okay?" She asked after taking in the initial shock of seeing Jenny in the state she was in.

------

It wasn't only Ella's attention that the commotion in the Medical Bay had drawn. Tajuh and Charlie were still in the Morgue, looking over Elena's corpse and discussing what needed to be done about the information they had come to find as it related to David.

"What is all this racket that is going on out here? I am..." The Bone Dragon froze midsentence as he saw Jenny's fragile form and though she had been healed by the human bard, the pokemon still appeared to be in bad shape.

Looking up on the screen, Ha Long could see that there were still bone fractures through out the little one's body... bone fractures that if left untreated could be have lead towards infection or added internal bleeding.

"Move... human." The "man" said gruffly towards Devon as he started undoing his jacket and doffing his shirt, revealing the wound that had only recently been healed and sutured.

Grabbing a combat knife from his boot, the man known to some as Charlie, cut through the sutures and the freshly healed wound in one swift motion, hiding the pain beneath a stoic mask as he resheathed the knife and reached into the wound:

*CRACK!!*

The stoicism faded for a moment as he producing what appeared to be a bloody fragment and placed it upon the chest of the wounded creature.

"Apologies little one. This may hurt for a moment." The Dragon said gently as he closed his eyes and after a moment the bone fragment seemed to explode into a find dust that made its way into Jenny's body and the sounds of bones being mended could be heard coming from inside Jenny's body.

It was unfortunate that bone mending sounded a lot like bone breaking but anyone who was paying attention to the Live X-Ray image of Jenny's bones would have noticed the absence of the breaks that had been scattered through out her body previously.

Rugal

"THERE YOU ARE!"
Thinking that the Demonic form of Lucifer was in fact the being who attacked him in the sauna, Rugal charged at him with the urge to tear his spine out and whip him to death with it.
(Rest to be filled in by DC)

Jenny

Despite how painful Charlie's usage of his power over bones was, it was what was needed to revive Jenny after her attack.
After from murmuring, she shot up awake and shouted "OH MY GOD!.....ohhhhhh man....I hate it when that happens..." before laying back down again.
"uhhhhh...Sorry, jus-...I was moving my things when some..."Thing" attacked me...Didn't get a good look I'm afraid..." She sighed as she regained feeling in her limbs.

Aftan | Akane | Lucieon | Nessaj

The Chaos Knight promptly dropped Luke onto the floor,blood seeped out of his leather armor and ran down upon the floor. Then Nessaj turned his attention toward the two women and shrugged, his armor grinding loudly at the joints, which has not seen care for many, many years. "I do not know him personally, but I have been summoned to his realm before, that I am sure."

Luke on the other hand was much less casual about the whole affair and drew his Estoc to guard himself against the three knights in the room. "What doest thou want from me! And whyst thou has hurt mine body!?"

Nessaj seemed to become annoyed at his accusatory speech and placed a heavy gauntlet upon the man's head, and then pulling him by his hair onto his feet. An experience that Luke found most unsettlingly painful. "You are not in your home any more. Show the people of this world more respect. Introduce yourself."

those words seem to shake Luke into sanity again, and he lowered his Estoc and pulled a dark black sprite onto of his pocket. With great haste and familiarity, he crushed it in his hands, and the darkness healed those wounds inflicted by Nessaj's spiked armor. Yet Luke still seemed somewhat disgruntled as he bowed and answered "... I am Lucieon of Candor. I'm a merchant by trade, but a medicineman by training." He sheathed Estoc and retried his Manus catalyst, a huge wooden staff that seemed to weigh much more than it had any reason to, and using that he placed it gently on the floor to use as a leaning stick, "I had expected to be returned home when I finished my quest. Yet I have arrived here in this forlorn place... Tell me, did any of you summon me? I do not seem to have the glow of a White Phantom about me, and neither do any of you have the darkness of a Gravelord Servant." He blinked and cleared his ice blue eyes of water and dust, "What is this place."

*WHAAAAAAM*

Okay... so this was interesting. Here we had the Fallen One, Leader of all of Hell punched in the face by a punch that would have killed lesser men just by sheer beheadings. Thankfully, Lucifer was not one of these lesser men... but there was one thing that even the Devil was not immune against and that would be physics.

And so... to anyone familiar with physics, what happened after the punch wouldn't have been surprising. We have Lucifer traveling in one direction and then we have Rugal's fist stopping the forward motion of Lucifer's head while the rest of the Devil's body keeps moving. The result was as much a clothes line as it was a punch, sending the Devil tumbling past Rugal and into a wall beyond.

Picking himself up from where he had landed, Lucifer say that Rugal was more than ready to take on the bastard that had attacked him in the Sauna, though in actuality, Rugal's fist was numb from the impact on Lucifer's jaw.

"Hey hey hey! It's me, asshole!" Lucifer said as he sheathed his sword, not wanting to pick a fight with the man that was Teri's father figure aboard the ship, even Lucifer had more brains than to do that.

"Where'd the Shadow Daemon go?" Lucifer asked, as he looked around for the creature that had attacked Jenny.

Rugal

*Crack*
After Lucifer got up after Rugal's attempt to knock him into next week, He bit his lip afterwards once the punch ran it's course.
Why do I only punch the ones with Thick Skulls!? He thought as he nursed his fist afterwards, whatever he hit didn't give way.
"Hey Hey Hey! It's me, Asshole!"
"Really? I couldn't tell, what with the fact it looks nothing like you!" He said back as snapped his knuckles back into place.
"I mean, I get you can change forms but can you please keep the range small for us humans?" He berated as he tried to covertly Fix his hand, small cracking noises giving it away for the most part.
"As for the Daemon, You're guess...*Crack*...Is as good as mine...Oyyyy, that's going to bruise..." He sighed as he got it "Fixed" for the most part.
"No, but really, charge at someone looking like THAT?! What the hell where you expecting?" He said as he tried to coax feeling back into his fist.

Airship Rising Dawn - Canteen:

Aftan was the first to speak for herself and the Kitsune as she sheathed her weapon, hoping to strike the home that they weren't a threat to the newcomer.

"Apologies, Master Lucieon, but neither one of us have summoned you. I do not believe that any of the others aboard the ship have summoned you either. As such, I am at a loss for the reason that you are here. I am also unfamiliar with the term Gravelord... perchance do you mean a Necromancer, one who controls the dead?" The White Knight garbed in modern tactical gear asked as she motioned for him to join them at the table at which they were seated before Lucieon's arrival..

"I am Grand Master Aftan al Said of the Knights of the Illuminated Phoenix and this is my companion Tomoe Akane. You are aboard the Airship Rising Dawn, run by a group of the same name." The woman stated formally as she sat down, taking a sip of her pomegranate tea.

"More importantly to you, I lack the power to send you back from whence you came."

The Devil looked surprised as he realized what he looked like when he looked in the reflective surface of the corridor wall and as quickly as he could, the reverted himself to his shorter human form.

"Umm... sorry about that. It can happen whenever I feel threatened or whenever I feel like something is threatening my intere.... my friends." The Daemon partially lied as he had sought to maintain his cover as a normal everyday Angel.

"Ummm... sorry about the hand." The now human Arch-Daemon stated as he approached Rugal, having to look up at him now that he was a full foot shorter than he had been as he laid his hands on the Cartel Boss's hand, sending a jolt of healing magic in the hand to repair any lasting damage that there was still there despite the human resetting the fractured bones of his hands himself.

"All better? Good." He said as he started walking off, wanting to put as much distance between Rugal and himself as possible.

"I'm going to go patrol for that thing. Don't want it to attack anyone else."

Charlie looked at Jenny with grave concern in his face and voice.

"Easy there, little one. You were grievously hurt by whatever it was that attacked you. Whatever it was, know that you are safe now." The Bone Dragon said as he reached over to an empty bed and grabbed her an additional pillow.

"I must apologize for the additional pain I inflicted upon you but you had bones that needed to be mended and using my own bones to heal you seemed to be the quickest route to that goal. Is there anything else that I can do for you?" He said respectfully, a tone that directly countered the tone that he had used with Teri and Devon earlier.

Time: Present

As Charlie left the Morgue, Tajuh closed the door for the Fake Elena's corpse and put the body in a deep cooling before heading back to his room. He needed to plan out what would happen with the inbound ships, and dawdling around here much more wouldn't help much.

------

Devon turned to Ella as she entered. "Any word on your sister? She did seem a bit off... Just hold tight, Gardevoir, I'll finish up with that pain bit of the injuries." The second Cure Serious Wounds fixed up the more painful cuts in Jenny, leaving a decent amount of nicks and raw skin. As the spell spell finished up, though, his mind went back to the time he'd spent playing the Pokemon games when he was younger. Never thought I'd see actual Pokemon.... Then again, I didn't think that I'd have a literal training from hell either, so it shouldn't be all too surprising.

Rugal

Rugal let out a small sigh of relief as he regained feeling in his hand.
"...Do that and in that form. I've had enough surprises today..." Rugal ordered before he resumed his search for his suit, not really keen on hunting down this monster wearing nothing but jeans.

Jenny

Jenny relaxed as Devon fixed up the last of her wounds.
"Thank you...just...need to lay down for a moment...Wow....First dying, then waking up in a freezer, now this..." She sighed as she let feeling re-enter her limbs.
"...Is it still out there?..."

Ella turned to Devon and shook her head in response to his question.

"I didn't see her." She said as she seemed to be afflicted by the same sadness that had affected her Half-Sister. As she said this, she gently laid a blanket on the Gardevoir.

"I'll be back Devon. I've gotta go off ship for a while but I promise you that I'll be back." She said as she started walking off, intent on sending herself straight to Hell.

Lucieon sat down at the table and bowed his head politely before beginning to answer what he could, "No, not exactly... a Gravelord is one that brings catastrophe upon himself and pulls others from our times and worlds to do battle with him. The group of them, called the Gravelord Servants, do this to harvest souls to feed their power of malice." Nessaj wandered out of the Canteen to do whatever Chaos Knights do when they need their armor cleaned.

Luke continued talking after turning to notice the absence of the Black Knight, "Nor do I wish to return to where I did come from... My realm was a bleak and awful place torn asunder by a great magical plague. It is a place where only the undead live. Though I am disappointed that this is not my homeland, I am more distressed were I to go back to where I had come from." He put his chin ont he table and closed his eyes, "Perhaps I could find a place here, does the rising Dawn require a full time physician perhaps...? That role I can fill most competently."

Airship Rising Dawn - The Canteen:
Aftan | Akane | Lucieon

Nodding to the Chaos Knight as he left, Aftan returned her attention to the Medicine Man that sat in front of her and while she thought that he would make an excellent addition to the crew, they already had a Cleric in their midst who was already well on her way towards being their Primary Care Medical Officer. His job, however did place an idea in her mind.

"Unfortunately Master Lucieon the Medical physician post has already been filled by two very competent members of the Crew, a Paladin by the name of Mistress Slindis and a Cleric by the name of Mistress Teri and though I would hesitate to speak for the Captain of this Airship, I believe that placing you as the Tertiary physician may be an amicable compromise for the time being. What does interest me, and again, I hesitate to offer you a position given that I am not the Captain of this ship, I believe that there is no one that has been assigned position of Quartermaster for the Rising Dawn. With your mercantile background, you might be able to acquire the supplies that we require aboard the ship. Additionally since there is no Quartermaster keeping track of the ship's inventory, it might be of great benefit to the ship to have you assigned as the Quartermaster and Supply Liaison" The White Knight thought aloud. She knew that it might be a blow to the man's ego if he could not be assigned the position of his calling but there were very few in the world that could say that they were ever given the luxury of the job they wanted.

"What is clear to me, is that you belong on this ship. There has never been a historical case where the ship did not allow someone on this ship that does not belong. While some may think of this vehicle as a ship of fools, it also seems to be a ship of fate. So, if you will do me the kindness of allowing me to welcome you aboard the Airship Rising Dawn, Master Lucieon and welcoming you as a member of her crew." Aftan al Said said as she extended her hand forward for a friendly handshake.

Diablo1099:
snip

It was a long while before Anyone at Aim saw Dani or Mizune again. Though, Dani did eventually wander up to the command center once more. Her appearance changed a bit, but by looking at her, you could tell she was her.

Linky

She had a collar around her neck, it was black and had a red jewel at the center. "Hi there Mr. Bison. I really have no where else to go as none of those i remember would recognize me. So..." the girl said looking down and twisting her right foot back and forth on her toes. "Can i get employment here for the time being?" she asked, looking at him sincerely.

Aftan | Akane | Lucieon

Luke perked up after listening to Aftan's proposition, his blue eyes seemed to light with the brightness of a young child, and indeed, his voice was almost giddy with excitement, "Quatermaster! Me?" He clasped his hands around Aftan's fair, armored, hand, "this is the first time anyone has told me that my tradescraft is more useful than my skill with a scalpel! Yes, I think I could do great to bolster the coffers of your group!"

He shook her hand long and hard, and the Manus Catalyst toppled over on it's side and nearly crushed the floor of the Canteen with it's tremendous weight, but Luke couldn't seem happier at the prospect of working in trade again.

Yet this man had an aura about him that seemed unright, as if his positive demeanor and child-like enthusiasm hid over something more sinister. Or perhaps it was just a matter of the way he held his body, as if it were always tired and in pain, or perhaps it was the way his voice carried great age and frustration. Indeed his voice was a peculiar thing, a scratchy strained sound that seemed to flow melodically as he spoke. And yet there were other peculiar things about him, including a dark orange tattoo upon the back of his right hand, and the black sprites he carried around on his person. Not to mention the jingling mass of Gold Coins he held in a satchel tot he right of his hip, unguarded and left slightly open.

Luke was a merchant indeed, of gold yes, but also of souls and humanity. A pilferer, a invader, a dark phantom that killed those who walked the same path of him to collect enough humanity to rise through the halls of Cataclama. This man was a cutthroat at everything he did, but his eyes had the honest allure of innocence that hid this true nature.

Airship Rising Dawn - The Canteen:
Aftan | Akane | Lucieon

If Aftan al Said noticed any of these things, she hid it well... that is to say, Lucieon's true nature remained unknown to the Grand Master of her Knighthood. Perhaps it was complacency due to the ship's history of keeping those who would harm the crew out of the ship or perhaps it was Lucieon's nature that left her disarmed or even a combination of both. The only thing that the Knight noticed was the fact that she needed to correct the young Merchant in his statement.

"Apologies if I have mislead you, Master Lucieon but we are not a merchant vessel out to enrich ourselves financially. We are but a crew of... I hesitate to use the word Heroes, though the crew seems fond of the description... perhaps adventurers would be more apt a term to describe the purpose of this ship. Also, as I have stated, it is up to the Captain of the ship as to what your post shall be." Aftan apologized and managed to explain as she finally noted the dark orange tattoo on the back of the hand that had shook her's.

"If you do not mind me commenting, Master Lucieon, that is an interesting tattoo. Does it hold any significance?" Knight al Said asked, her interest in the body art peaked for reasons obvious to those who had seen the Knighthood in action.

Aftan | Akane | Lucieon

Luke paused before withdrawing his hand and turning his eye sheepishly toward the orange tattoo. There were things that he had to live through that had best stayed underneath that smooth horizon he called a face, but here was a question that Luke personally believed deserved an answer. However incomplete that answer might actually be, "This... this is my Darksign."

"It is a curse upon me that I cannot remove. It eats away at me, and it devours my mind. Yet it holds this form in life forever. It also binds me to a bonfire of my choosing, for me to reincarnate at every time I perish. Not only, it also allows me to walk between the worlds of others similarly cursed, to help them on their quest, or to impede them." He shook his head, "It is a hard thing to comprehend, not much can be said about this without experiencing it."

Ahem. -Ignore-

Pages PREV 1 . . . 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 . . . 875 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or