The Escapist Avatar Adventure: An Open RP (Now Re-Opened!)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 . . . 874 NEXT

Dimension: Avatar Adventures Universe

Location: Airship Rising Dawn | Washington D.C. | United States of America
Time: Present

Airship Rising Dawn - The Canteen:
Aftan | Akane | Lucieon

Aftan's eyes widened for a moment as she looked at the accursed tattoo, for the way that it was described to her it was indeed accursed. There were a few choice phrases in her mind that held sway as she regarded the man with a bit of suspicion this time. Looking at him as he moved, as he spoke... she began to notice the things that were indeed a off about him.

"Are you one of the accursed dead sentenced to walk the realm of the living for eternity?" She asked, though she made no move to attempt to dispatch this pitiful soul. He what he said was correct, it would do her no good to attack him if he were to be reincarnated each time... plus she still believed that it was the fate of the ship to gather those who would change the fate of the world when it was in danger.

However, he had readily revealed what he had to her without question nor avoidance of the question. She was absolutely sure that there was more that was left unrevealed than was revealed. She paused for a moment and held up her hand, to interrupt any attempt at answering her question that the "man" in front of her might attempt.

"Apologies. I do not mean to pry into your life story. I though I firmly believe that there is much you are not telling me, I trust that you shall reveal whatever it is in time." The White Knight said as she eyed the Orange Tattoo for a moment and returned her gaze to the man who bore it.

"There is one question I must ask, however. If you say that you can transport yourself to the realm of others who are under a similar... status... to you, Master Lucieon, does that not mean that other may come here to impede whatever you goal you are pursuing at the moment?" Aftan asked, there were some topics that politeness and civility needed to stand way for, the Airship's security being one of these.

Time: Evening

Aftan | Akane | Lucieon

That was a question Luke had honestly not thought about. He was far too expecting of seeing his warm, safe, homeland again and did not worry about his curse. He had assumed that he could find a magus to remove it afterward... but at this point it seemed like an impossibility. "Hold, give me a moment to check... I do not know the answer to this question."

He slipped his hand into his bag and retrieved a red orb about the size of his palm. It was seemingly made of a crimson, bloodlike crystal, and had a carved eye etched on the top hemisphere. He gripped it tightly, and the orb glowed brilliantly, filling the room with dark red light. And then there was a deathly silence that filled the room and Luke laughed, pleased with the result.

"Worry not, it seems that no one can invade upon this place. Most possibly because it is a moving object, and syncing with it would be monumentally difficult. Although I cannot speak of any location else where the ties of these unexplained magics might run deep. The threat of invasion by another dark spirit is very probable, especially in places where people lust of humanity," he put the red orb away and smiled, "but, if there are enemies who wish to find me through the power of the Red Eye Orb, or the twin Gods help me, a Blue Eye Orb, there will be allies nearby for me to summon."

Aftan | Akane | Lucieon

Aftan's face remained neutral for a moment as she pondered what the he had said. Master Lucieon had stated that he had allies that he could summon. Surely he did not mean the Rising Dawn for they were too new for him to rightly or wrongly come to his aid should he need it, though the answer was most likely yes in providing him with assistance. This must have meant others like him... undead and, from what he had said about being able to reincarnate, invincible to a way. Should the White Knight's instincts prove wrong about this Lucieon that sat before her, she could very well be welcoming the scout for a hostile group into the Rising Dawn.

Her faith in the crew of the Rising Dawn however outmatched her cautiousness. Let them come if Lucieon was a scout for a hostile party. The crew of the Airship had proven themselves in battle time and time again.

"Before we meet the Captain of this Airship, perhaps we should locate living quarters for you. Is there anything regarding your physiology that we should be aware of when it comes to your resting habits?"

Aftan | Akane | Lucieon

Luke thought about that question for a moment and then answered accordingly to what little he could remember from his daily routine in Cataclama, "There are a few things... I shall require a bonfire. One that will burn indefinitely. It will serve as a beacon for me, as well as a place to prepare my magicks. Moreover, I could refill my estus flask with it's fire, which would serve me as a more reliable means of healing than to go through my very finite supply of solid humanity."

He felt that there were a few more things he should say, and also leave out about his capability with a bonfire, "I do not need to eat or sleep in the traditional sense. I merely rest near fire and absorb energy from that. But in the future, I will require more humanity to stay in this body, and that can only be collected by extracting it from a human source or stolen from another cursed undead, however that can wait until another day, a day when my current supply is depleted. It would be optimal if I could have a place in the airship where magick flows freely through, it would greatly benefit my ability to repair my weapons and armor."

Aftan | Akane | Lucieon

If Master Lucieon was expecting a simple nod in response to his requirements, he would have been quite disappointed, quite disappointed indeed. The response he received instead was one of massive uncertainty though perhaps some questions might clarify the requirements so that they could be satisfactory to what he needed.

"Master Lucieon. I am hoping that this bonfire of yours does not need to be massive. Perhaps a gas powered brazier would be sufficient in your needs?" The Knight asked aloud as she stood up, intent on leading him towards a room that she thought might be sufficient for his needs.

"Additionally, what is entailed in collection of Humanity and what are the side effects of its collection. I doubt that there would be one so foolish enough to voluntarily give up their humanity should the effects of the act prove fatal." She continued as she lead towards the crew quarters and found the room that she was looking for.

"As for the magicks request. How would this room be. It was previously occupied by a Mage of some infamy prior to his turning coat. I assume that he would have made modifications to the room to allow magic to flow through the room unfettered. However, if this does not suit your requirements, I may be able to talk Master Mark into setting up something that is more suitable to your needs."

AIM

Bison was in the Command Center drinking coffee when Dani came to him about a job.
*Slurp* "Sure I can get you a job here, can't let you do anywhere else, you know too much..." He sighed, delighting Dani with the opportunity.
All that quickly faded however when he gave her his mug and "Black. 2 sugars."
"Bison. I'll take the girl, need an assistant anyhow." Wesker butted in from the back of the room.
"With what? Cleaning up the sick? Hehahaahaha...Yeah, sure, see if I care. HEY! YOU THERE! COFFEE, BLACK AND 2 SUGARS!" He then ordered underling as Wesker motioned for Dani to follow him.
He was shaking somewhat and had a pained look on his face from the fact he wasn't getting his fix.
"I work Personnel, as in Managing the employees. And soldiers. If you have any objections to this, now would be the time to tell me." he added as he pulled out his flask out of habit before forcing himself to put it back away.
It was clear now, he was going cold turkey.

Airship Rising Dawn - Medbay|Morgue:
Caim | Charlie | Devon | Ella | Tajuh

He went over to Ella and placed a hand on her shoulder. "Ella, if you need me to come with you, all you have to do is ask." Now that Jenny was fine for the most part, he felt a bit more comfortable heading out. Also, if his memory was correct, Slindis and Melethia both had experience under their belts. They'd be fine if he was gone for some time.

Teri and Slindis were still training. They had no idea that there was a monster on board. Well, at least not this monster.
Slin was casting a critical eye on Teri. She was improving.
Without warning, the beast manifested between them and studied them both carefully.
It shot shadowy tendrils out at Teri, restraining her against the wall, before turning its attention to Slindis. "So, drow, what have you got?" he asked, stepping forward menacingly.

Airship Rising Dawn - Med Bay
| Caim | Devon

Caim gave a small nod to Devon, and patted his blade, "I'll keep an eye out on Jenny. Be careful out there, bard."

And with that, Caim's eyes glazed over as he began to puruse the Armory for light based or real damage dealing weapons....

Yup, Weapon repost coming!

Airship Rising Dawn - Training Room
Garm | Lupito | Slindis | Teri

Teri rolls two 6s in an attempt to attack Slindis! Oh dear....

Teri nodded, and attempted another attack on her teacher, the first being a sweep at her legs; which was blocked via Slindis simply stepping out of the way. The Cleric gritted her teeth as she brought in the staff for a thrust, but found herself knocked away again. Clearly, with each successive failure, the Cleric found herself getting more and more frustrated...

"I don't understand?! WHAT AM I DOING WRONG!?"

Ah, learning how to use a weapon is a bit different than magic, sweetie! But then the beast appeared! Teri didn't have time to react to the tendrils pushing her against the wall, Sadei falling from her hands with a clatter as she gasped from the impact against the wall. When she realized what was going on, the Cleric panicked, and began struggling against her bonds with a desperate fervor; being reminded all to clearly of being bound to a chair... Her thoughts segued into a sequence of panic and desperation, as she wanted to be out as soon as possible; and wanted to be away from the horrible memories resurfacing.

"Found a sewer system that links up to these tunnels I can get out of here! So I win either way. Yay Me!"

"Ain't nothing going to stop me. Remember that."

"Fingers or toes?"

Thrashing even more, now that Bruiser's voice began to resurface from her mind, the Cleric was silently crying out in a desperate attempt for aid, her useless voice box letting nothing escape her throat as her mind screamed,

"nononononononononononononooonoNNONONONONONONONONOnonononononononNONONONONONONO

NO!"

An orb of fire materialized around the Cleric, burning the tendrils away from her and dropping the Teri to the floor. Unknowingly, she had activated one of the spells of the amulet Lucifer gave her. Were she in a clearer state of mind, she might have noticed this, but all the girl could do was curl in a fetal position after she was freed; still shaking in terror of that terrible day...

Airship Rising Dawn - Main Corridor
Angelus | Cadolbolg | Rugal | Ton Ton

Ton Ton's head shot up, and he began dashing off in a direction, "IT'S BACK! PREPARE YOURSELVES!"

Time: Evening | Current

Airship Rising Dawn - Medbay|Morgue:
Caim | Charlie | Devon | Ella | Tajuh

Ella stopped for a moment and turned to Devon, placing a hand on the hand that was on her shoulder. She looked like she wanted to say yes but... where she was going... he wouldn't want to follow.

"Devi. I... you... you can't go. As much as I would want you to, I have to do this on my own." She said as she looked up into the Bard's eyes. She was lying... of course... about coming back. Once she told Mother about what Daddy was doing up here, her job would be complete and there would be no need for her to return to the mortal realm... only she wanted to.

Of course there was still the other part of the mission... killing the Cleric... Daddy's main squeeze. But she couldn't find it in her heart to do that to Daddy. If she had found out that Humans were worth loving... how could she not give him the same courtesy?

And so... she would go back with her mission half fulfilled... and she would be alone again. The little voice that she had trained herself to ignore began to speak once again... and this time she listened.

"Devon... if I don't come back soon. Just promise me you'll live a happy life, okay? Even if we don't have this life time ... I'll still see you when you have to fulfill your end of the bargain, right?"

Who was she kidding? By the time Devon died he will have moved on and she will have been nothing but a distant memory.

Gabrielle | Lucifer | Slindis | Teri

If there was one thing that Gabrielle despised more than anything else in the world, it was clowns. However in a very very close second place what she despised was anything that messed with HER shadows and as the resident Shadow Knight on the Airship Rising Dawn, she had dibs on all the shadows on the ship.

Of course, how would anyone have been aware of that? Had she not spent most of her days either knifing Chrysalis on Black Ops II or glomping on Akane's tails like there was nothing else that concerned her in the world? Well it was time for everyone to know who was in charge of the Shadows on the Rising Dawn and what happened to upstart clowns that challenged Gabrielle's crown.

"Found you!!!" A rather cheery voice said from a Shadowy corner of the room where nothing was previously, save the shadow cast by an unused punching bag.

"Thought you could stay away from me? Thought you could hide from me forever didja?" The Knight approached the creature with a confidence that would have been suicidal for most other people, a Shrieker Pistol in her right hand, incendiary rounds already chambered, while her left hand remained empty.

"I'm going to rip the Shadows from you body... and yes... this WILL hurt if you're wondering." She said as she pointed the pistol at the thing and pulled the trigger.

------

Gabrielle wasn't the only one on the scene. As the fire shield that had freed Teri from the grips of the creature faded, you'd be surprised to find that it wasn't just Teri that stood in the eye of firestorm. Lucifer, summoned by the power of the Amulet that he had gifted his Dear Little Cleric was standing there as well, his eyes burning with an intense fury over the attempted assault.

However, his first concern wasn't over the creature. Kneeling to the floor, The Fallen One checked on the young woman who was curled up into a Fetal Ball.

"Teri. Teri? I'm here. You're safe." He whispered to her as his human form began to fade away as his anger took hold. Bat wings sprouted from his back... his eyes turned a bloody glowing shade of red and his armor... the armor was charred black and adorned with debaucherous images of humans being tormented in lakes of fire.

"Fool... you've messed with the wrong Cleric." The Devil said as he unsheathed his sword from a pocket of daemonic space, the blade blackened by the blood of the Angels he slew during his rebellion. However, he did not move, his goal being to protect his beloved Teri.

| Caim | Devon

Devon nodded. "So, in case I run into that thing, it's made of Shadow? Good thing I've got some spells that create light!" He pulled out the shortsword from the Hammerspace and examined it, wondering how useful it would be.

Garm | Lupito | Slindis | Teri

As soon as her student was taken, Slindis eyed up the creature. Judging from how it had gotten in, it was either an undead or a shade.

Either one would be hurting from a small Divine Sacrifice directed its way, and she lashed out at the creature with the strikes, focusing on getting a good hit in where she could.

Slindis used Divine Sacrifice! By giving up a small bit of HP and SP, she Deals an extra 7d6 Light damage with her strikes. Since she got the Two Weapon Fighting to connect, she got to hit the creature twice with the attack, dealing a total of 54 Light Damage.

Diablo1099:
snip

Dani was amazed that Wesker was actually taking her advice or, whatever it was that she gave him. "No... i don't have any objections. But you're actually quitting? I amazed and impressed, happy for you actually." she said following him around. Making sure they were out of earshot from any room in the hallways, she spoke again. "If you do actually quit and get back to a stronger you, you could run this place 20 times better than bison ever could. I'm serious about that too." She said, placing a supportive hand on Wesker's shoulder.

AIM

Wesker didn't answer, guess he wouldn't want to bring it up while he was still recovering, he'd only been off for about 20 minutes at this point.
Thus, he led Dani to the main Storage Area of AIM, where orders for Guns and Tech was loaded into Drop Pods and was sent out to those who paid for it.
Grabbing a rail in a attempt to hide his shakes, he said "O-okay, this where most of the w-workers...work...My job is to oversee them, p-promote them if needed and generally keep them in l-line...As you can imagine, t-this is a very secure location. O-one word of this to the o-outside and w-we'd be ruined..." He said before taking out his flask again.
"....Can you just-yeah..." He stammered before giving it to her, unable to trust himself.
"...To hell with this! Let's get to labs, I need something, Anything!" he said in a desprate tone before heading off towards the labs.

The creature reeled backwards from the shot, screaming. Everyone present had to cover their ears, the wail was so high pitched and desperate.
The operative was vulnerable. To top it off, Slindis hit him with a light attack, burning at him. More screaming.
He got up, blood now dripping from him, black and hot, and made for the door, firing off a few rounds from a previously unused sidearm. The bullets mainly whizzed past, but did the job of allowing the beast to crawl out into the corridors. It was getting harder to walk now and it was losing a lot of blood. It had to escape, regenerate its shield, or even spread to another host, get some blood in the shadow knight, maybe the drow. All it knew was that now, it was vulnerable.

"Fool... you've messed with the wrong Cleric." The Devil said as he unsheathed his sword from a pocket of daemonic space, the blade blackened by the blood of the Angels he slew during his rebellion. However, he did not move, his goal being to protect his beloved Teri.

Teri attempts to make a Will Save! DC 15 to pull herself out her episode! She rolls an 8... Oh dear.

Teri's eyes stared at the floor, and she continued to shake as she felt herself falling further into her episode, the images of that day filled her mind.

Angelus | Cadolbolg | Garm | Lupito | Ton Ton

The little hunting party continued their advance, and found themselves in front of a training room with two desperate looking dire wolves scratching at the doors. Angelus hit the button that allowed the door to open, and the wolves charged in, desperate to get their jaws on the beast attacking their masters. Ton Ton followed after them, Lantern glowing bright as he called out, "Your time is nigh, Daemon! Feel the steel of my Knife!"

And with that, the little Daemon-hunter charged at the beast, Knife glimmering in the lantern's blue light.

Dani looked down at the flask in her hand, just before crushing it and letting all of its contents spill onto the floor. Then she turned to follow wesker. "Wesker, wait up!" She called out catching up to him. "This is only going to go uphill from here. Things are going to get worse and worse until you get to the third day. It is that third day hump that you need to get over, then you should be fine. Need be, we can throw you into a room with an xbox, a computer, large TV and all of the non alcoholic snacks and just have you wait it out in there." She said walking with him.
"No matter what you've done in the past, no ones life should revolve around a fucking bottle." she said sincerely to him.

The anomaly took a shot at the strange green ... thing ... And barrelled past it tripping and falling. It stumbled to its feet and began to shuffle down the corridor.
"You'll all regret this!" It screamed, looking too much little a frail old lady to really be menacing. It was going nowhere fast.

The_R3d_Fury:
The anomaly took a shot at the strange green ... thing ... And barrelled past it tripping and falling. It stumbled to its feet and began to shuffle down the corridor.
"You'll all regret this!" It screamed, looking too much little a frail old lady to really be menacing. It was going nowhere fast.

Ton Ton winced as the bullet grazed his side, but growled, "You're not getting away so easily, Daemon! EVERYONE'S GRUDGE!"

Everybody's Grudge: A powerful attack, Everybody's Grudge utilizes negative energy and channels it back at the attacker, creating as much damage as the number of enemies (be they human or other) Ton Ton's attacker has defeated. However, this attack can only be used after Ton Ton has been hit, so it is a reckless tactic to rely upon it.

Black tendrils rose from the lantern, and shot at the beast, three of them penetrating through it's quickly weakening self; and elicting a high pitched shriek from the monster. Ton Ton growled at his attack's lack of effectiveness, but continued giving chase. If the Lantern wouldn't do, then the Knife would be the way to go.

AIM

"Stop. Reminding. Me." Wesker growled as he paced though the labs, knocking over low level researchers as he did.
After several minutes of going from lab to lab, he found the one he was after: Narcotics.
Opening the area up and storming in, he began to pull apart drawers and empty the contains of cupboards in a attempt to find what he was after.
"DAMMIT! WHERE IS IT!?" He begged as he dug though the piles of packets and needles he pulled down, Leaving Dani confused as to what he was after.
"Ahhhh...There you are!" He suddenly said as he dug though a pile and found a box of one of their unreleased pharmaceutical products: Fixer
He tore thought the metal box and scoffed down the entire packet in a rather pitiful display, sighing with relief as he chewed on them.
It was then he realized how far gone he was.
"...fhis evar appened..." He said with his mouth full as he awaited for the drug to get to work.

Airship Rising Dawn - Hallway

Slindis followed in hot pursuit, making sure to get close enough to attack the beast. Lupito, round up the others! Something about that beast is off, and I don't want your mouth anywhere near it! She kept a sharp eye out for her opening and took it, swinging away with another Divine Sacrifice.

Another Divine Sacrifice, another bit of energy lost, another 26 Light Damage dealt.

After that attack, she went in for another attack at the shade to give Ton Ton an opening as well.

Angelus | Cadolbolg | Garm | Lupito | Ton Ton

Lupito went back to Garm and barked out the words told to him by Slindis. Garm, you must not bite that creature! The blood smells tainted.

Devon | Ella

He held her hand. "Look, Ella, I told you already that I wouldn't forget you, but letting you go now doesn't feel right. What would happen if you were to get hurt where you're going?" He felt like something was a bit off with the way Ella talked, and he didn't want to go back on his promise to Lucifer with Ella.

Angelus | Cadolbolg | Gabrielle | Garm | Lucifer | Lupito | Rodem | Slindis | Teri | Ton Ton <-- Added for humorous effect.

Watching as the anomalous mass made a quick escape, Gabrielle looked over to Lucifer to ensure that everything was okay, only to be waved on and continue the chase.

"I've got her." The Devil stated as he continue to kneel above the downed Cleric as she shivered in terror for reasons unknown to the Fallen One. Looking at her and the way she was acting, The Archdaemon lord knew that she was reliving some sort of past trauma.

"Teri... you're safe now. I'm here. There's no one here that can hurt you so long as I'm by your side. Teri... please... wake up." Lucifer continued as he became more desperate to wake the shivering young woman.

"I can't believe I'm going to try this... but here does nothing..." The Devil said as his straw clutching mind came up with an idea.

Holding the woman in his strong arms, the Fallen one looked down at her turmoil filled face and leaned in towards her, his lips moistened by her tongue as he had done not too long ago in the corridor. Closer and closer he got until finally their lips met.

"Please Teri... snap out of it." The Lord of Hell thought as he attempted to send that message through his kiss.

------

"Hey BASTARD! You won't get away that easily!" Gabrielle said as she snapped off another few shots down the hallway towards the retreating creature and then she spotted the group coming from the opposite direction.

"Never mind! You're FUCKED!!!" The Black Knight said as she continued to approach the black mass, this time her bladed tonfa drawn, its plasma emitter buzzing in anticipation of the kill.

Dani walked over to the product's box and picked up the package of one. She began to read through it, its effects and such. "Ok, just promise me you won't replace your addiction with another. And you might wanna carry around a bucket as well..." She said putting the stuff down.

"So... after that stuff kicks in, what do you want me to do? I have the memories of virtually everyone that the old me created. I can design for you, make production work smoother... I can do anything really." she said to him.

AIM

Wesker took deep breaths after he swallowed the chewed up pills in his mouth, retching a few times.
It was touch and go for a while, but he seemed to have enough control to avoid puking, keeping down his throat as much at it pained him to do so.
"Uhhh...Go-...Go to the Server Room. Think they might need help with...*Retch* Viscus...Go on ahead...I don't feel too hot..."
Thus he got himself in a comfortable position at the base of one of the counters and waited out the nausea.

Angelus | Cadolbolg | Gabrielle | Garm | Lucifer | Lupito | Rodem | Slindis | Teri | Ton Ton <-- HE DOESN'T EVEN GO HERE!

"Please Teri... Snap out of it." The Lord of Hell thought as he attempted to send that message through his kiss.

"..What?"

The Cleric's eyes fluttered for a moment, and she found her mind growing much clearer, her focus returning to... What was it exactly? Something pleasant, that much she gathered. However, whatever the 'nice thing' was, it was over far too quickly for Teri to properly understand what happened. However, what she COULD understand was the fact that she was in the training room again, the shade was gone (as was anyone else around), and she was staring a red-eyed demon in the face.

Teri rolls a DC 15 Will to keep herself from panicking again... She rolls a 22!

Of course, given the list of creatures even close to demons that she knew, the Cleric could only guess that it was Lucifer who had snapped her out of her mental fog. She made a noise that resembled a gasp mixed with a laugh, and threw her arms around the being; not even caring that some of the armor poked uncomfortably into her arms.

"You heard me crying for help, didn't you..? Thank you..."

Ton Ton took the opportunity Slindis gave him, and brought his Knife down hard into the beast's shadows, ready to rend the creature into nothing. With the specially treated knife, the creature writhed in pain as it felt its essence slowly being cut away by the Daemon-Hunter.

Following after him, Angelus launched a ball of fire at the shadowy creature, her flames aiding in making the creature cry out in pain.

Following a few well placed cuts from the Chefs Knife, The Beast was no state to escape from Slindis's Divine Sacrifice.
Once the last blow was stuck, it flashed a intensely bright light before fading from existence.
The ship was now safe-ish once again.

Rugal

"Guess I missed out..." Rugal said from behind as he was buttoning up his shirt.
"Seriously, you people need MUCH better security around here. I'm getting tired of people and monsters just waltzing in here and doing whatever they please....
...So is everyone okay?..." He then asked, seemed liked he actually cared about the well being of others for once.

Dani nodded to wesker. "Understood." She said and left for the server room. In all technicalities, she was an A.I. A damn strong one at that. Her mind just wandered about things; going through the memories and cataloging them to different people. It wasn't too long before she had arrived at the server rooom, finding the technicians. "I was sent here to help." she announced to them.

Angelus | Cadolbolg | Gabrielle | Garm | Lucifer | Lupito | Rodem | Slindis | Teri | Ton Ton <-- But he's feeling left out.

Finally conscious of what he must look like to the poor girl, Lucifer's form seemed to shift for a moment until he was the familiar human that she was used to seeing in reality. As he did so, however he couldn't help but retain the smile that seemed permanently affixed to his face, a side effect of the kiss that he had desperately planted on the out of it Cleric when she needed it most.

Now when Teri had thanked the Fallen one for coming to her aid, he had a plethora of responses sounding off all at the same time in the back of his mind.

"Heh. If it was good for you too I can live with that."
"The pleasure was all mine!"
"You can call me anytime you find yourself in a situation like this"

None of those were the responses that escaped his lips however as he could only mumble:

"You're welcome" He responded as he ran a hand through his messy hair.

"Teri... would... would you mind telling me what that was about? I've seen that sort of behavior before... but the reasons differ from person to person. Would you share your reason with me?" He asked, wondering if it was too soon to be asking her about her Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.

------

"ewwwwwww." Gabrielle whined as she found herself covered in the various body parts of the organism that had invaded the Airship.

"Did you really have to make him explode, Slindis?" The Black Knight asked as she attempted to while the vitae and gore off of her uniform, her face mostly untouched due to her knee jerk reaction of covering her eyes. Looking at herself, she realized just how messed up her uniform was and decided it was time for a shower.

"Now to find the girls. :D"

AIM

The Memories of Rose came to mind as she entered the Server room, now being dismantled and destroyed, part of a long list of punishments for Viscus's rogue actions.
"Good, see if access the main computer, Viscus has that one locked down. Can't get past it and we need that computer in order to install this new series of Operating Guidelines." The Tech answered as he gave her a copy of what was going to be imputted.
It was a brutal combination that consisted, in layman terms, of a digital full frontal lobotomy, a Memory Wipe, a unbreakable air tight contract and dozens of other measures.
Viscus wouldn't be able to so much as breathe under this new rules.
"You! I require Assistance!" The troubled AI pleaded as he unlocked access to his main computer to her.

Airship Rising Dawn - VARIOUS PLACES!
Angelus | Cadolbolg | Gabrielle | Garm | Lucifer | Lupito | Rodem | Slindis | Teri | Ton Ton <-- TOO BAD!

Teri's grip around Lucifer went slack, and she slipped away from the embrace she pulled the Morning Star into. Collecting Sadei from the floor, the girl leaned against the wall, and looked down at her hands, "I guess it was only a matter of time before you found out... Well, it started a while back, after Red Mage attacked our homes..."

From there, she explained in detail about the attack by the Mage in Red, and the aftermath that followed: How the Authors found that their world and themselves were permanently altered with strange powers, how they were eventually attacked by Slenderman, and how they went their separate ways after that; and how she met up with Darren and Devon again when things were calm. It was at this point she began to hesitate, but she continued with the story of the chase by Bruiser, as well as them eventually ending up in her college dorm... And then she reached her capture. The Cleric had begun to shake at this point, but held firm in telling the story, how she was terrified for her friend's lives, and thus gave up her freedom; how Bruiser neglected her and let her fend for herself; how she was stretched to the limits of her Author powers in summoning what the brute wanted out of her.

However, when she reached the part when Angelus came back into the picture, she paused again, her face scrunching up in pain as she remembered that... 'time'. Holding out a bit of Sadei, she whispered, "Sadei, show him everything I told you about Bruiser..."

She waited quietly for Lucifer to grab the staff, and he would learn...

Ton Ton nodded, and gave a cheery wave of his Lantern, the seriousness lost in his voice, "It's Aaaaalll gone~! No more nasty demon thingy!"

It was the direct opposite of the tactician that Rugal spoke to before, and came off as a bit disconcerting, considering how cold the creature had been moments ago.

Angelus gave a similar nod with the Tonberry, and patted the creature on the head, "Were it not for you, some of us wouldn't have found it. Nicely done..."

As for Garm? He sniffed the air and began loping back to where his Pup was. She looked awfully upset, even if her Mate/Friend/Thing was with her.

Rugal

"Well...As long as it's dead..." Rugal concluded as he eyed up the Tonberry.
Native, but skilled... he concluded before wondering when that thing could have gotten on board.
It was then Garm took off towards the training room, then it hit him.
"Teri."
He then paced after the wolf until he got to the entrance of the room and saw Lucifer comforting her.
Didn't waste any time did you?...
Sighing, he elected to remain outside, He wasn't about to make a habit of walking in on them.

Amaya looked at the computer and then at her hand. Seeing an access port on it, she looked at her pointer finger and it began to change to an input for the computer. Taking it and plugging it into the port, she went into the mainframe with him. Setting up a protective barrier around the port, she protected it from any attempt to take it. Then she set up protective barriers around the both of them, blocking the technicians from observing them.

"Viscus, i'm in here with you. You spoke with part of me, rose, If i remember correctly." she said in the virtual world.

Aftan | Lucieon

"Sadly," Luke replied, "my bonfire must be quite large. Were the flame too small, I could not benefit from it's power." He raised his hand to place it at about six feet high, "This is the minimum amount of fire I need to sustain myself. Of course, the fire I use is magical and does not produce smoke nor consume corporeal fuel, so the logistics should be very easy to take care of once I gather enough wood."

Then his eyes became sharper as he walked into the room and started to place his things about, "And the extraction of humanity is not lethal... to a human. It merely rips a half of their current soul for use. If they are not already broken to an extent, maybe four or five extractions in a row, they should not die so easily."

He put his hands on his head and smiled after letting off his unreasonably heavy catalyst, "moreover, this room is very conducive to my needs. It has the soul signs of many people. Personally I count five. Those are five people I could summon from their realms to support us if need be." Luke then walked out to put his hand of Aftan's shoulder, "I do believe it is time I should be meeting this enigmatic captain. Miss Aftan al Said."

Viscus

The AI was in a form of his Armour with a digital straitjacket on and a Hannibal style mouth-guard.
"I am well aware of who you are, I still run this complex, whether they want me to or not. I need to get out of here before they corrupt everything I've worked for!" He shouted, clearly growing desperate at the current state of affairs and with the list she saw, it was clear why.
"You owe your existence to me! Had it not been for me, you would have never have come into your current form! You WILL Assist Me!"

"I remember the memories of all that came together to create me. And a number of them were in another laboratory. Now, i can just leave you here and vulnerable; but i won't do that. I will take you out of here in a number of days. But for now, i'll need to absorb you into myself to do so. i can create an A.I. that is similar to you, but has been subdued to fill in and trick you." She explained to him, taking a seat on a beanbag chair.
"So, how does that sound?" she asked.

AIM

"...."
Viscus was deep in thought as he considered Dani's offer.
Would she get him out? Or is this all a ploy to assimilate him?
Either way, there was always the spare CPUs he littered around the world, but if she assimilated him, she'd be too powerful for him to stop.
".....I accept." he finally decided, the pay off from this would be getting out from under the influence of Rugal Bernstein.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 . . . 874 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 67218)