The Escapist Avatar Adventure: An Open RP (Now Re-Opened!)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 . . . 830 NEXT

Training Room: Raven, Devon, Edge, Caim, Cutie Bruisers

As Raven ran around the room, Devon created a rather strong countergust to scatter the smoke away. Right after that, Slindis entered the room and Greased the area right in front of Raven right as Melethia loosed a fire-tipped arrow onto the grease to set it ablaze.

Meanwhile, Lupito stalked the halls for any other signs of intruders.

"See, i'm not so bad." she said petting him. "I don't know if you can understand me, but i'm a friend. I'm not here to hurt anyone, this is just the nicest room." she said petting him some more. "Are we ok Mr. Kitty?" she asked him.

Rodem

"I am NOT a kitty cat!.....I DIDN'T SAY STOP!" Rodem thought as he nuzzled against the would be intruder.
"....Eh, Master will kill her if he want's her dead..."
And with that, Rodem left Kura to her shower, now with some fur on her hands and legs.
He then stepped out into the hallway and said to Lupito "This Room is clear! I'm going to secure it"
Translation
"I'm going back to sleep."

Kura stepped into the shower, cleaning herself off and coming out in a robe. "Wow, this fits me well. Must have been My Aunt's." she said and put on her underwear again, then climbed into the bed and passed out in it, sleeping rather softly in the massively fluffy pillows and extravagance of the room.

Matt walked into the training room carrying two long staffs with tall metal cylinders that were covered in tiny holes at the tops. "I have a better way of getting this assassin but you guys might to get near the door. You don't want to get caught in what I'm about to do," Matt said as he placed the staffs upright in the center of the room.

Training Room: Raven

Cadolbolg let out a grunt of pain as he was slammed and stomped, something Ton Ton himself could not avoid. With a slight wince, he growled with anger as Raven missed his attack to the legs. After Devon cleared the smokescreen the Ninja tried to pull up; Caim charged in after Raven, the polearm Windsinger taking place instead of the blade he had in his hands a moment ago. With a forward thrust, a sonic blast went Raven's way. Following after it was a bolt of fire from Cadolbolg; and Ton Ton running in behind it.

Shooting Range: David, Teri, Garm

"Commencing scan now..... It appears that in training room 1099, there is an unidentified person combating Users: Caim, Devon, Ton Ton, Cadolbolg, Slindis and Matt. The subject is exhibiting supernatural feats of speed, but otherwise, is not an identified subject. I think these complaints about a lack of a proper security system are becoming increasingly viable... I will need to fix them."

In the meantime, Garm continued pacing around the passed out Cleric; fulfilling his duty of watchdog to a T.

Following the removal of his cover and the environment being lit on fire by Slindis and Melethia, Raven was exposed and grounded, forcing him to fight.
The Sonic blast he guarded against, even if it did mean a painful ringing in his ears.
It was then that Cadolbolg sent more fire his way, his deafening preventing him from avoiding it and resulting in him having to discard his top and all the equipment he had in it.
Once he threw it off, he glanced down and saw Ton Ton attempt to stab him, nothing that a few back flips away couldn't fix.

Now for an offensive, as standard for all Strider Operatives, they are given a special self defence device for situations like these.
Pulling out a pair of metal orbs, he said "Formation: Ouroboros: Activate."
On cue, the orbs came to life and started to orbit around him, sending out small laser shots in all directions, making him nigh impossible to physically attack him.
Ranged Weapons and Spells were still an option, but they'd have to be careful to not get hit in the process

Shooting Range: David, Teri, Garm

"Gee...Ya think?..." David snidely answered as Dimitri's scan showed no other intruders.
"Well...That's that then..." He said before taking the room off lockdown.
"Shall I watch over Her Ladyship?"
"Nah, odds are they'll have it all solved by the time I get there..." He said in a defeatist tone.
"Are you certain?"
"Look, just fucking run a simulation and see who wins and get off my back. Caim alone levelled half of DC, one guy who can beat Usain Bolt in a race doesn't really compare."
He then went over to Teri and picked her up, Fireman's carry, before saying "Right, if you are going to bed, at least be out of my hair. Come on, doggie."

Matt stood calmly between the two staffs he set up as he programmed them. He had to dodge a few lasers but that was it. When he was done hundreds of electrified thin steel wires embedded themselves in the wall above the heroes' heads. It looked like a giant steel cobweb had filled the room. What made it evil though was the twin flashbangs that went off above the staffs which Matt was unaffected by.

As soon as Devon saw his chance, he motioned to the others to give a bit of space as he took a rather deep breath.

"STOP!"

Devon casts Shout!

Next Level 4 Spell: 12 seconds

If Raven had thought the sonic blast from before had been loud, he would be blown away by this spell. It was so loud that he couldn't hear much of anything. That combined with the shattering of his glasses made it harder to counterattack, although he could feel the small shockwaves from a number of the Ouroboros failing and exploding. The others got in a few shots in, though, and Devon would be feeling them in the morning. Thanks to him closing his eyes when he Shouted, the Flashbang wasn't nearly as bad as it could have been.

Slindis saw her chance and gathered her Ki, then blasted the man with a single well-aimed Hadoken. Even if it didn't hit Raven, it would take out one of the Ouroboros. If it hit Raven, though, the blast had a good amount of force behind it. She was also stunned a bit by the Flashbangs, but she recovered rather quickly.

And finally, Melethia removed a grate that had a good line of sight on the area and nocked a few arrows as she started raining down a hail of arrows on Raven in between a gap of the net Matt had set up earlier. It took a good deal of focus, but she certainly had the arrows to spare. The Flashbang hit her left eye fairly well, but she switched over to the right eye as she continued firing.

Melethia used Manyshot! Granted by taking 6 levels in Ranger, this feat allows Melethia to fire multiple arrows with every bow attack he makes for the next 20 seconds.

he number of arrows depend on the character's base attack bonus: +12 means three arrows per attack. So Melethia just fired 12 arrows in 6 seconds.

Using the opportunity bought by several of their allies, Ton Ton and Cadolbolg sped in after Raven; fire balls being shot at whatever remained of the Ouroboros before the Tonberry leaped from his companion's back; the knife flashing as it readied itself to stick into the flesh of their assailant.

Caim, on the other hand, was equally dazed by the flashbangs that went off, and readied himself in case something tried to take advantage of his state.

David, Garm, Teri

As David carried Teri along, Garm following close by with two watchful eyes, he heard the girl mutter, "Can we have steak again?"

Yes sir, Mr. West, you've got a sleep talker on your hands. Better get used to it.

After being blinded by both Matt's flashbangs and Devon's shout breaking his glasses, Raven was left wide open to attack from basically everywhere.
The duo of Ouroboros droids were taken offline with a vengeance by the efforts of Slindis and Cadolbolg as Arrows rained down from above.
This combination attack followed by Ton Ton's pounce resulted in the would-be assassin falling back on the net and getting entangled as Ton Ton had the knife to his throat.
After a few attempts to free himself, it became clear to him that this mission was a failure, much like his CO.
Dammit Hien... He thought as he did nothing or said nothing, mentally bracing himself for a interrogation

David, Garm, Teri

David rolled his eyes at this girl.
"Sleeps though gunfires AND talks in her sleep. What's CAN'T she do?..." He wondered out loud as Garm whined.
"Just saying Garm, don't you get sick of how fucking weird this damn world is? And this is the LEAST weird thing she does. I mean, how lets themselves be adopted by a Lord of the Rings Character and one of the worst fucking human beings on the planet?..."
"...And I talk to animals now...I swear, you start talking back, I'm just going to say "fuck it, I'm done" and jump out the airlock."
"...Good, I thought I was Doctor Dolittle for a moment there."
After some trial and error, he managed to find Teri's room.

Diablo1099:
If you need me to edit it, let me know.

Melethia made her way through the vents to get to her room, seeing that the situation had been handled - but not without setting small traps in them along the way. With how extensive the setup was in here, not having any defenses here would be foolish. Said setup had distinct types for each area with different smells. That should work. They have to get caught in it, of course, but if they trip one, the scents should tell me in the future where the attackers are coming from.

Back in the room, Slindis removed Raven's weapons through the gaps of the net to prevent an armed attack on the others. Due to the fact that only one had come in, there was one of two scenarios that first came to mind. The first one could be that the Striders had complete faith in the man sent here, and thus did not have to send any more. Unfortunately, that didn't mesh well from what she'd picked up from seeing the others training while she had sparred with Kazuya. She'd overheard the talks about the other lower-ranking Striders being reasonably paranoid about how the crew had been able to move as one. She had seen Kazuya fairly effortlessly spar against a pair of the newest Striders. The rank and file for them, while quite good, didn't have much of a chance against the whole crew at once. They would want more than one man to attack the ship, and the assailant had that Strider training of deception.

And the relatively weak planning of the attack here tied in with the second scenario. If this had been from the entirety of the group, the Striders could have gone after far more than just trying to kill the people at random. Khyber, why didn't they try to take out the power supplies or cripple the ship in some other way? She'd seen that in the Space Battle with the Corrupted Fleet, and it would have caused an incredible amount of damage. There was the clear lack of planning, and considering the Strider's methodical nature (From what she'd seen on their carrier, at least) it did not mesh at all. There was something brewing in the Striders' ranks to make them follow through with such rash and impulsive behaviors, and she did not like the feeling of it. "Which one sent you? I'd rather not have to extract it from you, but we will find out when the night's through."

Devon was finally able to cool down, and he checked up on the Cutie Bruisers as he lowered the alert on the ring. Man, if I can see those guys that made these rings again, I'll buy them a drink. Just saved our asses back there, after all!

"....."
Raven didn't answer, rule of any interrogation: Keep your mouth shut.
All she had was theories (Or so he thought) so he had nothing to worry about.
The only think he really noted was Jenny looking on from the background, silently cursing herself for letting this happen.
Taking a deep breath, he laid back and relaxed and awaited whatever tortures they had in mind.

Training Room: Rugal, Jenny

Rugal took a more hands on approach, grabbing the assassin's throat and choking him.
"How much do I need to hurt you? Striders, Talk!" He demanded, Raven not talking
"...I can keep you alive, but I can ensure that you won't want to live..."
Still nothing.
"Right, what limb do you like most: Your Arm or your Leg?" He said as he brought up his slashing aura...

Jenny could only watch the mess she'd caused unfold infront of her and silently slipped away and she tried to figure out how to fix this mess.

Caim kept his hands ready on his familial blade (having swapped back to it in the lull), and pointed at Raven; acknowledging the ninja as he had before he got a mechanical voice box of sorts,

"Don't go lying on us and say Hiryu sent you. You may be a Strider, but you're an idiot; pulling the attack in the way you did. If he REALLY wanted us dead, you'd have known how to kill us properly.

Not to mention my sister is working under him. She'd have warned me ahead of time if something was afoot."

As he 'said' all of this, Ton Ton 'sent' a similar message, his knife still trained carefully at Raven's jugular, "I am fine, Mr. Devon, thank you. The Daemons have thrown out worse abuse. But your assessment is a true one. I'd like to shake the hand of whoever invented these. They've been very handy."

Cadolbolg flew over and landed on Devon's shoulder this time, being that the business of a possibly rogue Strider was still in the room and the baby turtle dragon didn't want to reduce Devon's visibility. Still, even after being stomped he didn't look too terribly harmed. Such was the resilience of pact partners, it seemed. However, he seemed to be a bit deflated, in a manner that almost resembled embarrassment....

"I barely helped at all, Friend Devon... Friend Ton Ton seems to have this much more under control."

Teri's Room

Garm lightly tapped David's hand with his nose, a gesture of empathy only a canine could do just right, and listened quietly to the ramblings of his Pup, as well as the grievances of the Irish soldier. As he muttered complaints, Teri's brow furrowed almost emphatically, and her ramblings became more rushed, but equally incoherent.

"Red suits you... My eyes aren't green like your's.... You're not supposed to cut your beard till I graduate, remember?"

As she said all this, David saw a flickering on the Tablet strapped to the girl's side, and a stream of images began flowing on the screen, finally stopping on a group picture of several individuals, one half of them distinctly taller than the other. In the middle, stood what appeared to be the 'heads' of this grouping, a tall man with an imposing, but friendly stature and a bushy grey beard. Next to him, with an arm around her shoulder, was a much shorter woman with copper colored hair and vibrant eyes that seemed to border on the line between green and blue. The rest of the group was an eclectic mix of statures, hair and eye colors; almost as if the taller and shorter members were from entirely families. To the right of the copper haired woman, David could see one familiar element in the mix. Her hair style was different, and she looked a tad younger, but there was no mistaking the smile that was in the photo. It was the Cleric in question that was dreaming before him.

"....."
Though it all, Raven said nothing, not even a grunt of pain, though he was suprised how quickly they caught onto the fact this wasn't an official mission.

Teri's Room

"....This must be her....Ah..This isn't weird at all..." David remarked as he tucked the Cleric into bed before watching her thoughts unfold.
She recalled Family outings, her birthdays, holidays as he watched on.
"So this is a Pay Per View of her head?...And she doesn't password protect it? Hell, not even a 1234? Man..." He said as he began to flick though her thoughts like a boy with a girls diary.

Matt walked up to where everyone was at with his gun drawn. Instead of asking any questions he simply fired his gun and put a bullet in one of the Strider's legs. This made everyone stop talking and look at him. "So tell me Strider, who sent you and why? Every minute you don't answer I put another bullet in one of your limbs," Matt said in a calm voice.

Raven trashed for a second as he was shot in the leg, biting his tongue from the pain.
He was clearly in extreme pain but he soon calmed himself down.
It'd take a lot more then that to break him.
"Matt, keep our friend entertained. I'm going to contact the Blue Dragon over this incident." He said before leaving Raven to the rest of the team in the Training room.

On his way up to the bridge, he passed by his room, the door wide open letting the heat from the shower escape.
...Of course there was another one... He thought as he stormed in as Kura was getting dressed.
He was about to strike when he realized who it really was.
"Kura!?....You have 5 seconds to explain, then get out...."

Caim gave the ninja his infamous Battle SmileTM as the interrogation continued, "Come on now soldier, you've been caught with your pants down. Fess up, and it'll make things easier on you..."

He tapped a few buttons on the PDA for a moment, and held up the camera to Raven, snapping a picture in the process. After a few more moments waiting to get another communique in from Furiae. The former Goddess' text appeared on screen, and with how it appeared on the outside, Caim was typing vigorously. However, what was really unfolding was a conversation between the siblings. The typing went on, but from what Caim was slowly gathering.... Perhaps things were not as simple as he would have liked:

Caim, is this why you decided to open this chat? To pump me for information? Even if that man IS indeed a Strider, which he isn't, I could not in good conscious tell you that. That's treason, and a death sentence for whoever gives out that sort of information. Do you understand?

The warrior paused, somewhat struck surprised that his sister was so dutiful in her new post, and could only sigh in resignation. This would probably be the extent of what he'd get without putting his sister in jeopardy. And this failure of an assassin was not worth harming Furiae. With a heavy heart, he typed back,

... Yeah, I do. Sorry. I didn't mean to come across like that, even if you've seen right through me. I won't ask anything like this again. Keep up with the training. I expect progress reports. :)
Your brother does worry a lot, you know. Comes with the job description.

Of course, Caim. Now I gotta go. My duties DO keep me busy. You stay safe yourself.

After the chat closed, Caim couldn't help but be a little deflated. It wasn't too long since she had gone, and already, secrets were being kept from him and he was back at square one of the investigation. What now? That was when he saw that Matt began pumping lead into Raven, and Ton Ton raised a protest,

"Is this really necessary?! I thought this was interrogation, not torture!"

Caim wandered back to Matt's side, and motioned to the Strider, "It may be what we need, Ton Ton. If you are uncomfortable, you can leave. I will not force you to stay here and watch. However, you with the gun, we need to make sure he doesn't die from blood loss before this continues. We should get a healer in here."

Teri's Room

While the visions that David saw on the Tablet's screen were originally pleasant, David was starting to see things take a turn for the worse, as the images became a bit blurrier as time went on, the faces changed from family members and beloved pets to soldiers and monsters; grinning things with sharp teeth, and muscle bound horrors with purple skin. Faces stretched in horror as ice cut them down, water drowned them, swords of force cut them in two and wolves ripped them asuner. The Cleric herself tossed and turned as the visions became increasingly violent in nature; and the nightmare came to a head with three faces glaring back at David West. A maiden, a mother(?) and an old crone they were, and then they faded away, leaving the Tablet black, and a single bit of text the only illumination from the machine:

"I'm sorry."

You're probably right. If I know assassins, he's probably hoping we kill him before we break him. Although I have a quick fix on me," Matt said as he got out a can of something. Medical foam. Supposed to fill in wounds to stop the bleeding," Matt said as he sprayed it into the Strider's wound. When that was done Matt fired another bullet into the other leg nonchalantly.

Raven could tell that Matt knew what he was going, but some bullet wounds weren't going to break him.
He maintained his silence, but Matt was onto something, he'd rather die then talk.
When the Merc got close, he spat in his face, fully expecting a retaliation.

Hahahaha, so you go with the old cliche of spitting in my face to get me to hit you. Instead, I will be giving you something else," Matt said as he pulled out a syringe with clear fluid in it. "This is water, although it's mixed with a couple doses of LSD. It should last a couple of days or more, I'm not really sure. It's kind of tricky getting the doses just right," Matt said as he injected the Strider with it. While Matt was telling the truth about it being LSD, he was lying about the dosage. The actual amount in the mix would only last a few hours.

Raven was confused by Matt's efforts as the drug began to flow though his body.
His senses were still a little raw after the Sonic Attacks and Flashbangs and Matt could see his pupils begin to dilate and his perceptions began to be altered.
"....You....expect this to work?..."

Teri's Room

".....That was't creepy at all..." David said, taken aback by the torments of the Cleric's mind.
....Guess this is what war does to people... he thought as he held her down as she trashed in her sleep, attempting to calm her down.
"It's okay, it's okay. I'm here." He said to her in her sleep, watching her calm down slowly, but surely.

"Don't beat yourself up, okay? Everyone has their off days."

Devon patted Cadolbolg on the head and whispered into the ring, letting those wearing them a bit of information. "I'm about to try something, so just roll with it."

Devon casts Glibness! Would you like to buy some snake oil rejuvenation tonic?

He walked up to the drugged and shot Raven and shook his head, having an idea of what to roll with. "Man, you're the best he could send? Really? Just goes to show that you shouldn't make bets with your boss, especially when he calls the shots on how it goes down."

He had a strong feeling that this one would work by the way Slindis had backed off. However, she was glaring at Matt for the torture - She clearly didn't approve of it.

Raven looked at Devon in disbelief of what he just said, his eyes showing him a hazy light show as he processed what he was hearing.
"...you mean?....He sent me down here....AS A BET!?" He screamed, he knew Hien, this was right up his alley.
"...Hien......I'LL KILL YOU FOR THIS!" He shouted as he tried with renewed vigor to release himself from the net he was hung up on.
After a moment of struggling, he realized what he just did.
"....You....Bastard..."

Caim, catching onto the ploy, shook his head in 'disbelief', "A bet?! Huh... Tell us, what all did this slave driver want out of you? Seems pretty high risk for a wager...."

Meanwhile, Cadolbolg huddled closer to Devon, his despondent mood still apparent to the bard. He was only a child after all.

Teri's Room

Even with the Tablet saying nothing, David could tell the girl was trapped in her nightmare; her exhaustion being her tomb in this slumber. Eventually, the thrashing did calm, but the Irishman could still see the tell tale signs of REM as she slept. And that was when he heard,

"Care to explain to me what you are doing in a young girl's room, Mr. West? A sleeping girl's room no less? I know Dimitri said you brought her here, but I am curious as to why you linger..."

She looked to Garm, who seemed at ease, for the most part, and then to the sleeping Cleric's face, fraught with some kind of worry, and couldn't help but wonder for herself. An ajar door was never a good sign when wandering the halls, but this was ridiculous.

Teri's Room

David dropped dead as he realized the situation he was in.
"...Sup Angelus?...Okay, I swear this makes sense in context. So T here wore herself out helping Dimitri or something and she ended up taking a nap in the Firing Range. So I brought her here. Garm can back me up...." He explained, a well timed bark from Garm backing up his point.
"Still, she Ipad was going nuts, think it was like her nightmares or something, then she started trashing and kicking in her sleep, What the fuck happened to her? I've seen soldiers with actual PTSD get less unhinged." He said, knowing that whatever answer he got would be really weird.

Teri's Room

Angelus listened to the whole story quietly, her brow furrowing in concern, "Passed out in a firing range..? Dimitri... Care to explain? You had her do some Authoring for your work, didn't you?

The AI's voice chimed in over the intercom, "Indeed I did. Though I did not expect this degree of exhaustion. Perhaps her Ladyship is just a tad on the stressed side?"

"No kidding... And David... What all did you see on the Tablet? There could be a multitude of things we could discuss..."

Oh, that didn't sound good.

It was around this time that Slindis moved in to talk to the caught man. "This Hien does sound like a frivolous man. What story did he pass on to you to have you willingly go this deep alone?We will see your injuries treated, but it is in your best interests to cooperate with us."

Also, Devon's focus shifted over to Cadolbolg as he held Cadolbolg tight. "Come on, don't worry. You really did help us with all of that training, Cadolbolg. I wouldn't have been able to do what I did if you hadn't helped me in all of that training."

Raven was just counting down the seconds he could commit Hara-Kiri as his mind kept going though this Multicoloured haze.
"Did you hear what I said?"
"...He wants you all dead...Nothing more, nothing less..." He said before he surrendered himself to the high he was on in a attempt to avoid more questioning.
"...I am tripping balls right now..."

Teri's Room

"Oh you know, Visions of the people she's killed, some family pictures, 3 creepy ass looking women, stuff like that." David said as he sat at Teri's desk, not having a single clue what he was about to hear.

Teri's Room

"Oh you know, Visions of the people she's killed, some family pictures, 3 creepy ass looking women, stuff like that." David said as he sat at Teri's desk, not having a single clue what he was about to hear.

For once, the dragon looked perplexed, "The only one of those I could possibly explain would be the deaths... I had no idea this much of a toll has been taken. She never shows any signs of it... Dimitri, you are her constant companion, are you not? Is there something we're missing here?"

The AI seemed silent for a moment, and then decided that it would be better to explain things now, rather than let them sit for later, and began explaining a few things that the Cleric had kept secret to but the select few....

Pages PREV 1 . . . 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 . . . 830 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here