The Escapist Avatar Adventure: An Open RP (Now Re-Opened!)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 . . . 830 NEXT

Time: Standard Noontime

Lucieon | Ton Ton | Kalastryn | Cadolbolg | David | Melethia

"Look, could all of ya just calm down an' stop bein' so stupid about this? There's no use in gettin' all worked up about all that." SHe poured some orange juice for the two Bruisers and herself, walking back over to hand it to each of them.

"Ton-Ton, I know ya will find that mistress you're lookin' for. Don't give up just 'cause one guy says ya can't." Melethia patted him on the shoulder, trying to reassure him.

Devon, Angelus

Angelus' prodding seemed to urge the Bard even further as he responded. You think I'm going to give up just because of that statement? If you think I'm a moron, I'm more than glad to prove you wrong!" More and more, Devon's teacher could see his movements becoming more fluid, although the winds were still having a great deal of trouble in hitting her.

Teri, Sadei, Slindis

Sadei sighed as the attacks went on. You need to look for the tells, you know? Every attack has them.

It didn't help that Slin kept mixing up her attacks, of course. She wasn't about to make this easy on Teri, and she just kept amping up the difficulty of dodging the blows. It would be harsh, yes, but Slindis knew that Teri thrived best under harsh training.

David

As the group around him talked, David made his way out of the Canteen, looking for the bathroom.
The last few adventures had taken a lot out of the sniper, The Angel War, going to a another Realm twice, it was a lot for the man to process over the course of the last few months and it was clearly starting to take it's toll on his mind.
Then a great idea came into his mind!

Once he returned from his trip to the restroom, he asked openly "Hey, if I was to leave and become a cop, who here would notice?"

Jenny/Raven

All the while, Jenny and Raven worked on busting the later's cell door lock, her keeping an eye out for any possible crew members that might attempt to stop her.
"Come on! I thought you guys were good at this stuff!" She pleaded as he kept trying to pick the lock with a pen.
"Look, the idea is to NOT get caught..."
"Just get a move on! I don't know how the others will react to me breaking you out..." She sighed as she peeked out into the hall outside the brig.

"Your fate is not set in stone, little human. Yet. You are not exactly free. You will play your part no matter what, but it will be in the method of your choosing. In that way, fate is a complicated thing. A tapestry that relies on it's threads to become whole, but changes it's beauty as the colors in those threads alter themselves."

Lucieon closed his eyes and shook his head, "I understand that many of you do not share my view of causality," he stood up and straightened his back and adjusted his robes, "but I will not speak falsehoods. You might find my cynicism to be dreary, but that's simply the way I was trained to see the world."

He casually brushed his bangs away from his eyes and took a good long look at everyone in the Canteen. For the first time he felt out of place in this gathering of heroes. Everyone had a goal, and everyone was determined to achieve that goal. So very much like his younger, foolish days as a sanctioned merchant. "My understanding of causality also leaves your determination and vigor unto positive traits. That is to say, I tell you these things because I was destined in someway to reinforce your sense of self." Lucieon cracked a rare smile, one that signified true happiness rather than the sly trained mercantilistic half-grin that he usually sported. Nay, this smile bore no teeth, was warm and kind, and he closed his eyes, something that no half-decent merchantman would dare do while interacting with others.

"Little green creature," Lucieon said kindly, "if you are so adamant about finding your master, then it is my last obligation to ask of you, what will you do when you find her? What will you do once your principle motivation has been fulfilled? Would you still desire to adventure with this group of misfits, or would you be more content to settle by her side and go where she would go?"

"Ton-Ton, I know ya will find that mistress you're lookin' for. Don't give up just 'cause one guy says ya can't." Melethia patted him on the shoulder, trying to reassure him.

Ton Ton nodded quietly as he sipped his juice, "I have not given up yet. It's just very hard to keep going sometimes, especially since she's been gone for so long. I miss her..."

Cadolbolg gave a friendly pat on Ton Ton's back, and then the duo noticed David's exclamation about quitting and becoming a cop. At the very least, the distraction helped Ton Ton to put his mind elsewhere when he answered, "I don't think anyone would mind you leaving Mr. West. Your stay here is voluntary, as far as I understand. There isn't a contract, is there?"

Cadolbolg shrugged, but added in, "It will be sad to see you go, Friend Mr. West, but if that's what you want, we can't stop you. Now where did those sandwhiches go...? Maybe I need to wait a little longer?"

As Cadolbolg flew around the room in search of the imp he placed the order with, Ton Ton gave Melethia a quiet, "Thank you, Ms. Melethia. The road I've travelled since arriving here has been a hard one; but it seems companions do make it that much easier. If I can, I will try to do you the same service."

But, that was when Lucien addressed him again, and found himself wondering that for a moment, and then spoke up, "My reason for living was to protect my Mistress. I will find her, and I will fulfill what I promised upon my birth. I will keep her safe. I have to. And... As much I like being with my friends and comrades, The Mistress is the most important thing to me. It will be hard, I will admit, parting this ship and the crew; but I- I have tried to come to terms with that. I will serve my duty till I am not required of it anymore. Then... I don't know. Protecting her is all I've known. It's what I was born to do."

As he said this, Cadolbolg listened quietly, and wondered to himself, if Ton Ton was going to go back to his Mistress, what would become of their pact? Were they not partners for life?

Devon, Angelus

Angelus' prodding seemed to urge the Bard even further as he responded. You think I'm going to give up just because of that statement? If you think I'm a moron, I'm more than glad to prove you wrong!"
"Good, he's learning something... Let's up the ante again..."

The dragon smirked, and spoke again, "You could have fooled me, human! Your race certainly seems to self destruct on it's own!"

As was a favored insult of all dragons and various magical creatures, Angelus pulled the "idiot human" card, and she was happy to see her barbs were having their desired effect. Devon had already greatly improved from the bard she had begun working with moments prior. If this could go on for the next couple of training sessions she had in mind, he could be just as proficient with his winds as she her fire. With this degree of tenacity Devon displayed, Angelus was slowly beginning to see why Caim had taken such a shine to his student (Even if said instructor never said a word about it).

Teri, Sadei, Slindis

Sadei sighed as the attacks went on. You need to look for the tells, you know? Every attack has them.

"Tells? Like that motion she just did with her- OOF!"

Teri had meant to think the leg, but indeed she did begin noticing the little things her training master did before a strike landed. The strikes were still landing, and painfully so, but Slindis could finally see that her student was starting to pay attention in the way she had desired for this training session. Now, if only she could get the footwork down.

Caim | Rugal
(SORRY! DX)

Caim nodded in agreement with Rugal's thought, and wandered along, "Agreed. But, if there's one thing I've learned already, some Gods can be killed. I have in my world and, well, my student and your daughter are other examples of such finite 'Gods'."

As dark as that statement may have implied, Caim's 'tone' (or as best the PDA could manage) did not suggest malice. Rather, being the stony warrior he typically conducted himself as being, his statement was simply a spoken fact. A placement of the truth, as harsh as it could be.

David

"Well...That answers that..." David mused as he pulled out his phone and sent a message to the AIs running the ship

DWest1099:
Yo when wil we B in a urban area? I want off dis crazy ship!

And after pressing send, he returned to his spot at the Bar, awaiting an answer.
"Listen Ton Ton...you'll find her sooner or later. With all the shit that happens to us in a week, the law of averages say that one of our wacky adventures will bring you right to her doorstep or something."

Rugal

"Indeed. Still, at best, these are major inconveniences and I don't intend to find out what a worse case scenario has in store for us." Rugal answered, clearly annoyed with how much had happened since he "Joined" the Rising Dawn.
"Back at my former strongholds, we had plans for such things. Shields, Equipment, Weapons. And to think, back then I was concerned you had the same if not more." He added, recalling the days where he'd kill Caim where he stood.
"In any case, steps must be taken, we can't allow our enemies to make the most of us being held up by the god of the week."

Diablo1099:
snip

Kalastryn couldn't help but wonder why David would be so interested in such a job. I mean he'd be doing a "good guy's" work all the same, but why leave the Rising Dawn? Kala couldn't help but admit she probably didn't have the right to ask this question, as the Dawn was all she knew since coming to this world... what more, she finally thought, could there be out there, she pondered as she asked.

"David... is that the alcohol talking? Why would you abandon the Rising Dawn? I admit it's troubled fairly often with other people's problems... but... there is a certain camaraderie and friendship here for me. Do you not feel the same way? I can't say this for sure as I was a special case in such matters as cruelty... but would the rest of the world be as much friend to you as you have here?"

David

David looked up from his glass once Kala started talking.
"...Just how many spells do you have that could kill me stone dead right where I'm sitting right now?" He asked before he refilled his drink.
"Hell, I bet that even with the Upper Hand, The element of surprise, A loaded weapon and the urge to actually try and kill someone here, I'd STILL end up face down on the ground!" He chuckled as he took a drink.
"Come on, That much can't be goo-" Kalastryn went to say before David proved his point.

With his glass raised to this mouth in one hand, He quickdrawed his M500 Handgun and in the space of a less then a second, she was staring down the barrel of a gun...

Diablo1099:
snip

The urge to panic was outweighed by the first instinct to defend herself, which she had to pick up somewhere back home, what with having to walk past a church filled with paladins and exorcists who could detect and lived to destroy evil creatures like herself every time she went to by a meal.

However, she knew enough, not to burn him to a crisp.

Kalastryn casts invisibility on herself in a quick draw with David, disappearing before he can get his finger too firmly on the trigger. Then, David felt a swift, though agonizing strike on the back of his neck, driving him off his bar-stool face first into the floor, prying his gun from his hand as he fell, detaching the clip and throwing it across the room.

To answer his question, she had plenty of spells that could turn him into vastly overcooked bacon, or shatter his eardrums for the rest of his life under the right conditions... however, she wouldn't use them... not on him, drunk as he was.

"David, I understand what alcohol does to the mind, this is a prime example of why I stay away from it." She said, in a sort of reverse fade back into visibility. "So I'll forgive this transgression, as major as it is... but don't expect me to keep it secret to the rest of the crew, and DON'T pull something like that again, because drunk or not, I won't hold back next time... don't make that happen, either way I lose. I die, or I lose someone I used to trust." She said, holding back all feelings of rage... almost sounding apathetic... with only a small hint... of regret? She then tossed the empty handgun to the opposite side of the room than the emptied clip, and walked out of the canteen, Waiting outside the door for either a drunkard taking a second chance to throw his life away over the influence of a bottle, or for a sober man to come out and apologize.

David

"...Word for word..." David groaned as he picked himself up off the ground, nursing his neck as he did.
"Now...Imagine...That you were going to kill me? Think about how friggin easy it'd be." He said as he followed Kala out of the canteen.
"One piece of hocus pokus and I'm dead. It's alright for the rest of them, They can shrug off bullets, They can survive mortal wounds, They are MORE then just some guy with a gun! Don't you get it!? It's not a matter of if I die here, but when!" He said, throwing his glass at the wall as a punctuation.
"...This team is only as strong as the weakest link. And before you say I'm being a Ego and to stop self pitying myself, try watching this world get fucked over time and time again and not being able to do ANYTHING to stop it!"
He took a moment to catch his breath and calm down a little, realizing he was getting himself worked up.

"...By the way, Good one with the invisibility, I was really expecting a fireball..." He said to lighten the mood afterwards.

Ton Ton perked up a little in seeing Lucien's new-found kindness, as well as the other Canteen members' push to keep his spirits up and his posture moved up for it, "Thank you, all of you. Really."

Ton Ton and Cadolbolg saw this series of events unfold while nomming on their sandwiches (which were kindly delivered by an imp) and before either could truely react to the event, Melethia shook her head, and told the Cutie Bruisers, "Let them sort it out on their own. If they want ta fight, let em. 'S not our business."

After a moment, he heard David and Kalastryn resolve their fight and spoke, "I'm sure Mr. West has his reasons, Ms. Kalastryn. If he wishes to leave, I'm not going to hold it against him. This place tends to end up in dangerous situations, and that may not be appealing for some people to stay. However, I will admit this place is also very much a home, even if it's not my own."

In the meantime, David found Vermilion had sent a text message back to him saying the following:

"It appears that we have been traveling over ocean. Given our trajectory, and our current course, which at this present moment is towards Western Europe, given the large distribution of English speakers, it may take a day or two to reach an appropriate landmass. Now, if you have a definite location in mind, this travel time could increase greatly, depending upon the current goals of the Rising Dawn's crew at that time. Would you like any further details?"

Rugal | Caim

Caim gave a snort and patted the sheath that kept his familial blade when no other weapon was in use, "Back in those days, and even now, I remember trusting in mine and Angelus' strength to deal with threats that came our way. If any want to come, then they will taste my blade before a single finger can be laid upon anything I hold dear."
The warrior could agree however, that a stronghold approach to the Dawn was not completely unfounded, however, and continued, "But... your thought does have merit. A army without a castle to hold them is just a gathering, and a castle without a proper defense is a cry for destruction. Perhaps those on this ship who are more technologically inclined could aid in improvements while we go killing Gods?"

No sooner than Caim had said this, the two heard the voice of the Blue Butler over the PA: "Is that a request for my presence, User: Caim and User: Mr. Bernstein?"

Diablo1099:

"...This team is only as strong as the weakest link. And before you say I'm being a Ego and to stop self pitying myself, try watching this world get fucked over time and time again and not being able to do ANYTHING to stop it!"
He took a moment to catch his breath and calm down a little, realizing he was getting himself worked up.

"...By the way, Good one with the invisibility, I was really expecting a fireball..." He said to lighten the mood afterwards.

Kalastryn seemed a bit more stoic than usual when she said "Yeah... maybe you are just a guy with a gun... to yourself. I see more. Even with my previous experience as a necromancer, if you died, I couldn't touch your corpse if I wanted to... you've got too much of a strong will. Through all of this, you may have just been the guy with a gun, but until you got drunk you've been the most respectable person here, if that counts for anything.

And, you've been the most unstoppable... sure, your not as hardy as Rugal Bernstein, and your no Sherlock Holmes... but there wasn't a damn thing any of us could do to keep you from doing what you do best. I know I'm not the best teacher, but I do recall when we first met in the Rising Dawn training room, I did ask what you'd be without that gun of yours... not because I doubted you... but because I saw untapped potential. You've been relying on a gun so long you never realized your own strength.

She said as she put a book in his hands.

"I won't be able to teach you too much, but if you read some of this and practice on your own... I'm pretty sure you'll figure it out." The front of the book didn't say much other than "Pyromancy basics, Volume I" with what looked like a candle carved into the cover. The pages were aged to the point of almost deteriorating, but the words on each page were clear as day despite any stains in them. "You told me not to tell you to stop pitying yourself... so I won't... I'll just give you another option." She said, waiting for the response from David, taking it upon himself to make himself stronger, or give the all too common answer of "I can't"

David glanced at the book for a moment and thought about what Kalastryn and Ton Ton just said.
"...I want to...I really do...I was born into a world much different from this one. And if I do stay here, in your world of heroics and such, I'm not sure if I'll ever get to return to mine. Of a 9 to 5, of late nights with my friends, of...being Me." He said as he handed the book back.
"Look...Sorry for snapping...and pushing a gun to your face, but I just want to go home while I still can." He said before walking off, rubbing the the back of his sore neck as he did.

Once he got the text from Vermillion, he sent back.

DWest1099:
Nah, Richardson @ UNIT wud jst pik me me 2 do Hs laundry o somTIN :/
U Turn 4 LA?

(Nah, Richardson at UNIT would just pick me up to do his laundry or something :/
U Turn for LA?)

Rugal | Caim | Dimitri

Once Dimitri was summoned, Rugal took the chance to say "Dimitri, see what contacts Dillon had for getting equipment. With these recent spots of trouble, we really need to have this place defended from future risks. It's one thing to be alerted of an attack, it's another to be sent to the Middle Ages when I'm in the restroom!"
Turning back to Caim, He said "Agreed. I'd check with Kazuya but...we aren't on speaking terms..."
Understatement of the decade.

Diablo1099:
snip

"I see. That is an admirable choice I suppose. Going home that is. Honestly it's something I wish was an option for me... but this is my home now. Who knows... perhaps amongst all the shifting through worlds and dimensions I might find you again someday." She said, not even trying to change David's mind... after all, she had just gone on a major rant about being able to set one's own fate.

"Still... don't be a stranger if you can avoid it alright? It's one thing to know a friend of yours isn't alive anymore... it's another to know they are alive and well, but haven't any interest in seeing you."

bluerocker:
snip

"I know he has his own reasons for wanting to leave Ton Ton, that's why I'll say nothing in the manner of stopping him should he wish to leave."

She was at a loss of words after that, walking through the halls and into her room, going back into a sleep much like the one she had just woken from... on a cloud that appeared when she waved her hands and all. It wasn't very restful before-hand... and let's be honest, it's been a while since she's been able to rest, so it didn't take long to fall asleep.

"I know that feeling Ms. Kalastryn. I know it all too well..."

The Tonberry gave a soft sigh to David's assessment, as well as what Kalastryn said about not being able to go home; but true to his word, he wasn't going to try to stop the Irishman from making his decision. It wasn't his to make. So, as he nibbled on his sandwich, he waited quietly to hear what Lucien had to say about his decision before going off and doing anything else.

As for Cadolbolg, he contented himself with finishing his sandwich and alighting back on Melethia's shoulder, the thought of what his pact partner told him moments ago weighing in on his heart. What would happen to him if Ton Ton went back to his Mistress? Didn't they have a pact to keep up too?

After a few more moments, Vermilion sent back another message:

"One moment....
Confirmed. Course has redirected to Los Angeles, California. Estimated time of arrival within the range of 2 days to 2 and a half days; accounting for possible weather conditions or any other changes of course."

Rugal | Caim | Dimitri

"Dimitri, see what contacts Dillon had for getting equipment. With these recent spots of trouble, we really need to have this place defended from future risks. It's one thing to be alerted of an attack, it's another to be sent to the Middle Ages when I'm in the restroom!"
Turning back to Caim, He said "Agreed. I'd check with Kazuya but...we aren't on speaking terms..."

"One moment. I need to search the records, and those go back for a while..."

Caim only raised an eyebrow to that assessment, letting his expression fulfill his thoughts where words would not be necessary, and listened to the AI as they finally found their way to the bridge. Upon arriving, they saw Dimitri's avatar on one of the screens with several books floating around with pages turning (no doubt representations of the history files). A shimmering appearance overtook the AI's eyes as he scanned the files, but a conclusion was reached, and with a slight amount of apprehension on the AI's part as he answered the question:

"Well, User: Mr. Bernstein, I have some bad news. It appears the former Captain; Dillon, had used funds from your Cartel to spread influence and broker favors from many people. Essentially, his network of support is so immense, he could call in support from virtually anywhere in this realm! Aside from that, unauthorized modifications have been made by varying persons as this ship has run it's course of carrying many passengers... A User: Puce, comes to mind."

Caim smirked at the mention of his longtime comrade, and couldn't help but wonder why he wasn't on the ship as well...

David

DWest1099:
Cool, keep me posted V.

David let out a sigh at that message.
2 days? We could be roped into another mad ass adventure in that time! He thought, sure, they were only back in their world for a day before they were sent off to that strange ass school!
Still, if we could just get to LA, He could leave this all behind him and become a one man SWAT team or something.
Sure, he had the credentials, that was for damn sure.

Rugal

Rugal rolled his eyes at that news, knowing first hand that Dillon had broken his former influence.
"Right...Just...Go through them and find anyone that would be able to produce the equipment we need to prevent such events in the future." He ordered as he sat in the captain's chair and checked all the manual systems.
"Also...Check for anything about a Manor in Germany..."

Jenny/Raven

With a little luck, Jenny was able to free the Ninja Assassin and Raven was able to escape though one of the windows in the hallway, diving into the sea below him.
"Tell Blade I'm alright!" she managed to say before he was gone
Guilt washed over her, I mean, Raven was a Strider, but he tried to kill the people here.
Hoping no one would notice, she began making her way to the canteen, glad that the jailbreak was over.

Melethia refilled the drinks as she responded to Cadolbolg. "Well, Leatherback, Ya gotta do what ya have to. If it means stickin' with Ton-Ton, then do that. If ya gotta just keep an eye on him from afar, do that. I don't think his Mistress would have a problem with ya, though..."

She handed Ton-Ton a small pastry as she looked at Ton-Ton with a hint of curiosity. "Speakin' of, how old is this mistress that ya want to keep an eye on?"

Devon, Angelus

He gave a harsh laugh as he tried working the winds better, still clearly focused on his training. "Really convenient how you can pull that card, yet you never do see many dragons around nowadays. I wonder why that is? They're not so superior, are they?" Angelus could see the fatigue starting to set in after a while, but it was clear that Devon wasn't going to ask for a break until she took a breather herself.

"Come on, what's next?" Beads of sweat dripped off his face, and that defiant look foused on Angelus again.

Teri, Sadei, Slindis

Slindis' next flurry of strikes was meant more for guiding Teri how to move right, mainly because the strikes would knock her on the ground. "Focus, Teri! If you can't dodge these basic mixups, it's better for you to stick with the full plate."

Luckily, Teri had help from Sadei as it went on, providing what advice she could to her wielder.

Lucieon | Ton Ton | Kalastryn | Cadolbolg | Melethia

She handed Ton-Ton a small pastry as she looked at Ton-Ton with a hint of curiosity. "Speakin' of, how old is this mistress that ya want to keep an eye on?"

Ton Ton paused at the question, never having been asked about his Mistress by another very much, and thought about it for a moment, "I never exactly kept track, but I know my existence totaled has lasted for 9 years; 5 of which were with my Mistress. The 4 years before meeting her I don't remember very well... Somewhere dark. I don't really like thinking about it. But.... If I do recall, the last time I saw her have a birthday party, she was... 12? Yeah, 12 sounds right. In that time, I did understand that people grew bigger and changed, so I wasn't entirely unaware of it. But I suppose every so often I worried that she'd get so big, I could fit in the palm of her hand and then I'd get lost cause I was so small!"

Ton Ton gave a happy giggle and nibbled on his pastry, "Obviously, that didn't happen, but I guess I didn't have much of a brain then. I was a stuffed animal at the time, you know?"

Despite missing her greatly, it seemed talking about his beloved Mistress did cheer Ton Ton up a bit. A fact which Cadolbolg picked up upon through their bond. With a tilt of his head, the turtle dragon baby thought to himself, "... This Mistress is really important, isn't she? I'd be a horrible pact partner if I didn't help Friend Ton Ton find her, even if it means ending said pact for him to see her again. That's what I'll do then."

With a look of determination, Cadolbolg looked to the Tonberry, eyes burning with determination, "If your Mistress means this much to you, Friend Ton Ton, I'll do everything I can in my power to bring you to her again. Even if it means our pact ending. I promise."

Ton Ton could only sit there in stunned silence, not even realizing what the implications of finding the Mistress would mean for Cadolbolg or any of his other friends. But all the same, the Tonberry was grateful, and gave a small nod to his friend while he continued eating the treat Melethia handed him.

Devon, Angelus

"Come on, what's next?" Beads of sweat dripped off his face, and that defiant look foused on Angelus again.

Angelus snorted, a smile on her face, and allowed the ball of flame to dance in her hands once more, "You still haven't finished the first task I asked of you. How can I expect you to learn anything else if you cannot put out a flame?"

It wasn't that the dragon wasn't seeing improvement, that wasn't the case at all. However, she had noted from Caim's condition after returning from training his student that forcing Devon to deal with his full ferocity was the best road to improvement. So, she wouldn't hold back either. Taking up her stance again, Angelus waited for Devon to bring the next bout of winds her way.

Teri, Sadei, Slindis, Lupito, Garm

"Focus, Teri! If you can't dodge these basic mixups, it's better for you to stick with the full plate."

"Full plate?! She's nuts! Agh!"

"You've got to focus like she said, Teri, or else you're going to get- oh..."

Teri found herself on the ground again from another punch, and in the midst of getting back up, she hazarded a glance over to Garm and Lupito, who were running about and snapping at each other with their jaws or attacking with their claws. Despite Lupito's bulk, Garm was still going at it, holding strong despite the much larger and stronger opponent he had.

At that same time, Garm found that his Alpha was a formidable opponent indeed, and was having a tough time keeping up with the much larger grey wolf snapping at him. After feeling another claw to the face, Garm jumped back with a sharp whine; and jumped back, trying to pull some distance between himself and Lupito. It was also in that moment Teri was knocked down with an audible Agh!. Shooting a quick glance to his Pup, Garm found himself locking eyes with the Cleric for the briefest moments, and saw her getting up, even after being knocked down multiple times by her Mother-Alpha, and resolved to himself: if his Pup could keep fighting without complaint, then so should he. After all, he was smaller than Lupito, and from what he had seen with the Rising Dawn-Pack, size was not always the best indicator of strength. Garm stood his ground when Lupito came in for another charge, and at the last moment, dodged to the side; causing Lupito to end the charge and follow after Garm, as opposed to Garm having to follow Lupito's lead for once.

Seeing this display, Teri heard a mocking voice in her mind:

"Would you look at that... Our wolf has more balls than you do. Not surprising, considering he's not so bent on doing the impossible. He's working with what he was born to do. You're just a masochist."

Trying to ignore the beratting shadow's criticism, Teri gripped her staff tightly, and thought to herself, "If Garm can get up again, so can I! Alright, Sadei, let's do this again! I need to focus right? How about that punch coming in..?"

Forcing herself back up, despite being terribly sore, Teri took up her position again, and readied herself for another onslaught of Slindis' blows. When the first one came, Teri tried to move away from it, only to be hit by the second one. But when the third strike came, to Slindis' pleased surprise, she could see Teri had finally twisted away, and... oh this was audacious, she was trying to hit her teacher in response with the quartarstaff!

Rugal | Caim | Dimitri

"Scanning......
Complete. You will find a list of possible suppliers being emailed to your device. Furthermore, there are several Manors in Germany. Which one in particular would you like to hear about?"

At that point, Dimitri began to rattle off the names of several estates of similiar size to the particular criteria he was searching for, not taking too long to mention Manor Rugal.
"That one."

"Very well. Searching Database for information about Manor Rugal....
Complete. The following information has been compiled. Manor Rugal has been considered abandoned, but the structure itself is largely intact. Due to various tales of experimentation as well as the souls of the damned haunting the place; as well as the manor's size and collection of associated properties, it is simultaneously too much trouble to properly fix, and worth too much for the average housing market of Germany. The current Deed owner is the former Captain of this Ship: User Dillon. Would you like any other specific information on Manor Rugal?"

Caim, in the meantime, busied himself with taking in the view of the outside world, enjoying the sight of clouds that usually accompanied living on the Rising Dawn. Upon hearing Dimitri's assessment of Rugal's manor, the warrior smiled to himself, and quipped, "Sounds like you have a home to return to after all, Bernstein. A decrepit home, but one none the less."

Rugal

Rugal looked on at the file photos of his former stronghold, countless memories returning to him or days since past.
"...Close the file..." He said as Dimitri did the same.
"No...Not a home...Least...not anymore. I did a lot of things there, Things I've since turned against. I'd rather not be reminded of it. Besides, It'd be the first place UNIT and every other 2 bit law enforcement would look for me. I don't know if you know this, but I'm still a wanted man outside of this ship..." He said as he glaced over to the side for a moment.
It was then he saw the ship's current heading to Los Angeles.
"...Dimitri, What is the reason for our course?..."

Jenny

As the gang in the canteen chatted on, the Gardevoir soon entered with a friendly "Hi guys!", masking the fact she just let a assassin escape with mixed results.
"So...What's going on?" she asked in a attempt to start a conversation.

Kazuya: Japan

Elsewhere, Kazuya Mishima was waiting in Esaka Train Station, constantly checking his watch over and over as he awaited Gilliam to arrive for their meeting of the minds so to speak.
Where the hell is this man?! Doesn't he know I have other plans?...
Or does he actually know that?...
He thought, his mind factoring every possible outcome.
The joys of being a spy master...

In a way to break the ice again, Melethia had a drink of water before responding. "Wow, she's 12? That's right around my age, Ton-Ton! What did she look like? Still weird to think of ya bein' that small." The statement wouldn't be news to Kalastryn, but it might be a bit enlightening in a different way to the Curie Bruisers.

And as Jenny walked in, Melethia waved to her. "We're doing okay, Miss Jenny! I don't know where we're goin' next, but hopefully it'll be less dull than that school..."

Devon, Angelus

He gave another laugh to relieve the stress as he sent the next gusts her way. "Well, I would bury it in dirt, but that would just be redundant! Or maybe I could just take out that oxygen fueling it..." It was fairly frustrating that it was always just out of reach no matter what he did, but that was more because ANgelus kept teasing it out of his way. A kind taskmaster this Dragon was not.

Slindis withheld her approval as she worked around her student's attacks and deflected the majority of them before any real damage was dealt. "Stop using the staff as a basic club! You can feel the way it moves, can't you? Use it!"

Sadei responded with another little chiming. I can help you, it's just we gotta stop swinging me like a baseballer...

Meanwhile, Lupoito kept pushing Garm further and further with the attacks, trying to draw out the ALpha that resided deep within. []["Garm, you've nearly got it. Push yourself further!"[/i] He snarled out in a language that Garm could fully understand.

Kazuya | Gilliam

As Kazuya waited, he was approached by the man he's seen so few times over the monitor, but the oddest thing about him was that despite the hair, the man looked fairly ordinary. A bit taller than average, sure, but he didn't have that presence most truly powerful leaders had.

"I apologize for arriving early, Kazuya. After all, I'd rather not be late to important meetings. I think it's time for us to start talking, no? You've certainly got a good number of questions running through your head, and I'll address them the best I can."

Jenny

"Well...if that's your idea of Dull..." Jenny said, exasperated at the idea of that school being "Boring".
"At least you weren't transformed while you were there!" She added before grabbing a bottle of Apricot Juice and sat next to the elf and her friends.
"Kinda hoping nothing crazy happens for a while. Between that Western-ish Realm and that school. So what's this about a 12 year old?" She then asked, clearly going on about the mistress.

Kazuya : Japan (Lost his color code so I'll be using Violet's)

The second Gilliam showed up, Kazuya quickly pulled a pair of sunglasses, despite it being night and said "A good number is an understatement. I pride myself on knowing every inch of this world. Seeing how much of an interest you've taken to here since Tomoya attacked, That now involves you too. So tell me, who do you work for, if not for yourself and what is your goal?"
Questions aside, it seemed clear that Kazuya was fussing a lot about those sunglasses, constantly fixing them.

In a way to break the ice again, Melethia had a drink of water before responding. "Wow, she's 12? That's right around my age, Ton-Ton! What did she look like? Still weird to think of ya bein' that small." The statement wouldn't be news to Kalastryn, but it might be a bit enlightening in a different way to the Curie Bruisers.

Ton Ton paused for a moment, realizing that Melethia was indeed as young as his Mistress, but was practically an adult, as opposed to said Mistress, who was still very dependent upon her parents and himself. After that line of thought crossed his mind, as well as Jenny's line of questioning, he spoke, "Well, she looks kinda like you do, ms. Melethia. A lot less green. She had short goldish hair she put metal thingys (hairclips) in. Keep it out of her eyes, she would say. And those eyes in particular... I guess why I think you remind me of her so much. Her eyes were as green as my scales or your hair. They were very pretty, especially when the sunlight shone in them! And she was very tall, even when she was younger. At least, that's what I heard the Mistress' parents say a few times. But even then, it was lots of fun, because she'd pick me up and carry me everywhere! I always felt so special, cause I never saw her do that with any of the other stuffed animals. Sure she'd play with Charlie, a unicorn doll, or Molly, a butterfly, she'd always take me to show and tell, or a sleepover..."

The Tonberry gave a happy sigh, obviously dancing in fond memories; the image of his Mistress' smiling face clear in his mind as he reminesced. As for Cadolbolg, as was usual procedure, he gave Jenny a happy little wave, "Hello, Friend Jenny! It is nice to be back on the home ship Rising Dawn. It's a lot more open than that ship we found ourselves in."

Devon, Angelus

A kind taskmaster this Dragon was not.

A truer statement if there ever was one. Angelus was not ready to give up quite yet. Whirling around, she and Devon became locked in a dance of wind and flame, one seeking to snuff out the other as they ran in circles around the room. Finally, with one last push, Devon was able to arc the wind in just the right angle, and the ball of flame dissipated, leaving Angelus with a surprised, but pleased expression. The boy had finally done it. With a nod of approval, Angelus spoke up, "So you know how to put out a small fire. Took you long enough. Take a short recess and meet me back here in 15 minutes. Consume a lot of fluids... Dimitri!"

A chipper voice arrived on the PA, "Yes, User: Angelus?"

"Could you get a chicken in here? Or some equivalent thereof?"

"One moment please......... Done. Your request shall be here in a moment."

And to no surprise, a small imp came in carrying a chicken on a plate, to which Angelus gave a thankful nod, and ripped off a leg and a wing for Devon; then took the rest of the animal to a different side of the training area, almost like a bird of prey with it's kill. After which, Devon could see his Master messily tear into the chicken with her teeth and nails, her human facade shattered in that one moment. The whole spectacle ended with her loudly slurping the marrow of the minute bones of the chicken; leaving only clean bones where most of a chicken used to be. As fast as the chicken disappeared (around a couple of minutes), Devon was suddenly glad that the dragon bothered to leave him any sustenance at all.

Slindis withheld her approval as she worked around her student's attacks and deflected the majority of them before any real damage was dealt. "Stop using the staff as a basic club! You can feel the way it moves, can't you? Use it!"

Sadei responded with another little chiming. I can help you, it's just we gotta stop swinging me like a baseballer...

"Okay... then how should I swing? What lead would you suggest? I remember some of the basic stuff Mum, Dad and sis showed me, but I'm not entirely sure if it stuck too much... Maybe I should focus more on defense? After all, that was what Mum was having me practice on, right?"

However, what Teri wasn't noticing as she was thinking of how to attack, was that some of the hits weren't connecting. It was a very tiny amount of hits that did not hit, but, when you're being hit by a barrage of painful, but non-lethal blows, one doesn't really notice the difference. As Teri tried to get the hang of dodging about, she heard that other side of her cry out again, demanding that she should fight back instead of taking the blows "Like a pathetic little bitch". It was hard to filter out the angry mess that her Shadow was trying to make in her head, but Teri focused instead on trying to predict the blows coming her way, as well as how to dodge them. With an angry shadow shouting in the back of her head, the task was easier said than done.

"Garm, you've nearly got it. Push yourself further!"

"I AM! I SHALL!"

To Lupito's happy surprise, Garm lashed back with equal ferocity, wanting to prove his strength to his Alpha, his Pup and the pack. If he could not grow here as his pup was now, what kind of wolf would he be?

Rugal | Caim | Dimitri

Caim shrugged at Rugal's statement, having really dealt or caring for most law they've encountered. After all, the Crew of the Dawn have mostly done things their way, whether it suited the law or not. But, he did not raise any other protests to Rugal's reasoning, and listened as Dimitri got the info back from Vermilion, who was busy working with the flight controls. The AI looked through another data book for a moment before looking back up at the captain of the ship and spoke up,

"If Ms. Vermilion's report is correct, User: Mr. Bernstein, then the User: David West, has posted the request for our travel to that destination, with the understanding that Captain's orders will move his request to the bottom of prioritized travel, with your's at the top. I do believe the request was submitted for the following reason, and I quote: 'Yo when wil we B in a urban area? I want off dis crazy ship!.'"

The Blue Butler then made a disgusted face, as if he just ate something horrible, and the two men could hear Dimitri mutter something about horrible composition skills; but otherwise, the AI awaited the next request.

Lucieon | Ton Ton | Kalastryn | Cadolbolg | Melethia | Jenny

Melethia yawned, more than a bit tired. "She sounds kinda boring, but nice too. Anyways, Miss Jenny, we were just talkin' about Ton-Ton's Mistress... never thought she'd be around my age." As she stretched to keep awake, she turned to Lucieon. "So, what's all this about fate? I never let somethin' as stupid as that stop me, heck I never let no one stop me from what I was doin!"

Devon, Angelus

Fifteen minutes passed by in a flash as Devon finished the food and drink, knowing that ANgelus was likely to continue the exercises any moment now. Well, she can certainly eat that food with the best of them... Still, if she's anything like Caim, this won't be the end for today. Better get ready for round 2.

It was mainly up to Angelus whether it would continue, since Devon had shown no intention of taking a knee yet.

Slindis could notice Teri moving with the flow of the attacks more, and some of the dodges really were Teri's instincts aiding her. "The strength of a cleric is knowing when to make your move, not just blindly lashing out! Try to remember that and maybe we'll come out of here today with some real progress." As always, she kept back the praise for having learned so much in the first lesson to prevent Teri getting too full of herself.

Sadei snapped back at Shadow Teri's snide remarks. Hey, we don't need you butting in here, Frostbite! Shut it!

And finally, Lupito seemed satisfied with the progress that Garm had made that day. "Now, it's time to observe your pup. I understand your want to continue, but the trail might take you on a different path.. You can always ask me for guidance, should you need it."

Kazuya | Gilliam

Gilliam started with a small laugh. "This world, hmm? I'm certain you have an idea of the other worlds that exist. After all, the anachronisms that you've seen here do have their old homes. Before I talk more, are those sunglasses a fashion statement, or are you looking to record my statements? It's just as easily done with a notepad, and not nearly as clandestinely." Gilliam kept a passive face on as he observed Kazuya's movements, making sure to not make any hostile movements of his own.

Rugal

Rugal looked at the request, noting David's message.
"So that's how flight plans here work. David wants out? Hm. Can't say I blame him. Very well, keep current heading and alert me to any changes in course or ETA. Also, Check the contacts you brought up for any supplies in the Los Ang-..."
He paused for a moment as he remembered something, a small grin appearing on his face.
"...Change course to San Andreas county, shouldn't be too far off your original course. With any luck, I might be able to shake down one of my old retailers for what we need." He explained as he got out a map of the region on his PDA.

"San Andreas is a small peninsula on the coastline of California. We can stop there for parts and if David wishes so, he can easily take a train to the mainland and LA should he not want to stay. Wouldn't blame him, After Liberty City, this is one of the largest Crime Capitals of the world. So long as we dock over the Santa Maria Beach in Los Santos though, we'll be okay." He explained as he looked over the map.

Jenny

Jenny let out a little "D'awww..." as Ton Ton described his Mistress to her.
"We simply must meet her at some point. She must miss you as much as you miss her." she added as she took a sip of her juice.
"...Come to think about it, how did you end up here in this realm?" She then asked before letting out an "Ahhhh..." of refreshment.

Kazuya: Japan

Kazuya merely pushed them back up into his face before saying "No, it's not. We tried such a method with Google Glasses. Too expensive to bug and the quality is poor. Now then, back to my questions... Yes, I do know much about the existence of other Realms. What does the Multiverse have to do with you? You a travelling army?"
The more they talked, the more oddly Kazuya seemed to act and aside from possibly those glasses, he didn't seem to have any recording device on him.

Melethia yawned, more than a bit tired. "She sounds kinda boring, but nice too. Anyways, Miss Jenny, we were just talkin' about Ton-Ton's Mistress... never thought she'd be around my age."

Ton Ton took Melethia's comment in stride, as he didn't think the girl meant any harm in her statement. Then again, if Melethia considered the crazy school they were in a while ago boring, then the Mistress' life would be dull by comparison. With a shrug, Ton Ton listened as Jenny said her piece as well,

"...Come to think about it, how did you end up here in this realm?"

and that caused Ton Ton to slump again, "... That's the thing. I was in the middle of doing my job and- You know what? I should probably explain a few things first."

The Tonberry put his pastry down on a napkin and looked at his comrades, "My home world, at least, I'm fairly certain I'm from another world, is very similar to your's with the exception of two things. The first, is the existence of Dream Daemons. The second, is what is made to combat them,"

Ton Ton picked up his Lantern and Knife, and shook the light bringer faintly, calling up the small vestiges of shadow from god knows where. Those who had seen the Tonberry fight knew that it was the same energy that inflicted "Everyone's Grudge" or charged the "Chef's Knife". Putting these tools down again, Ton Ton continued, "The Daemons have always been there. They feed upon fear, and prey upon children especially. From what I've heard from my comrades, they seek children because they're... 'fresh'. One of my comrades in particular said, 'if you want blackberries, it's more profitable in the end to get a bush instead of the berries from a store'. I think what she meant was that the Daemons go after children when they're young, and they can get their hooks in them sooner. And... And then they inflict terrible dreams, and slowly take the happiness away from someone. I don't know how it happens, but that same comrade told me that if the Daemons continue to the end of their process, the person they're latched onto becomes a Daemon too."

Ton Ton sat down again and sipped some juice to let that sink in, and continued, "But it's not completely hopeless. If a child, like my Mistress, is being attacked by a Daemon, they may be able to create a defense without being aware of it. That's where me and my comrades come in. My Mistress was scared, and she asked for help. So, I awoke. I was just a doll. That's how we all start. We're toys that our Masters ask aid from. And we grant that wish, to keep them safe. Which brings me back to where I started.

It was a routine night. The Mistress went to bed, the lights were out, and it was dark, as always. I began patrol, and naturally, the Daemons arrived. They were weak at first, and I could deal with them. But... There was one in particular who arrived as well. In my five years of service, this Daemon would persistently arrive and try to hurt my Mistress. I suppose you could say this one was my nemesis. So naturally, I put everything into that battle. I had the knife ready, and I took the plunge. But it used another as a decoy, and it's forces surrounded me, it was so dark, I couldn't see, I couldn't breathe! I- I was so scared!"

Ton Ton stopped, and shook his head from side to side; shivering at the memory of all the miniature Daemons that clawed at his skin, his cloak. How the darkness overcame even his bright lantern that night. How he lost slight of his Mistress and came to this new world. Still looking to the floor, the Tonberry finished with,

"And that's why I'm here, and it's why I need to find her again."

Cadolbolg, who was sitting on Melethia's shoulder, felt a pit of guilt in his stomach after trying to understand what his pact partner was going through. He had felt so upset about his friend possibly leaving him, and yet, Ton Ton's Mistress obviously needed his help more than Cadolbolg did. Thus, the baby turtle sat in silence wondering what to do about the suddenly awkward situation that hit the Canteen.

Devon, Angelus

After taking a moment to clean herself up, Angelus turned back to her pupil and fire ignited around her, starting as a small flicker in her hands, and then forming a ring around the dragon as she spoke,

"Well, now that you've got your basic control down for a while, time for you to some more hands on applications of your element... Prepare yourself."

The ring around Angelus flowed with the dragon before a moment, and then she lashed out at Devon with it, almost like a snake striking towards him for a bite.

"The strength of a cleric is knowing when to make your move, not just blindly lashing out! Try to remember that and maybe we'll come out of here today with some real progress."
Hey, we don't need you butting in here, Frostbite! Shut it!

"Thanks, Sadei. Really, I mean that."

With Sadei covering for helping to keep the Shadow in line, Teri found that focusing on Slindis's blows, as well as her advice, made for trying to dodge about a lot easier. Hell, Teri was finally getting it through her mind that this was what her teacher wanted to do. Slindis was trying to get her used to evading a blow and being able to find the next one, then planning for the next point of defense!

"She's literally having me use my brain! I understand now!"

This last line of jubilant realization showed through in the Cleric's steps, as she started truly seeing the flow of training was going between them. But... it wasn't by all means perfect. Even if Teri was starting to understand and comprehend her exercises, that didn't make up for years of experience. As Slindis made for a punch to her side, Teri weaved to the left, but did not see the leg sweep that was coming in, and found herself knocked to the floor.

But, in that moment, Teri really didn't care.

From afar, Garm gave a nod to his alpha and then turned to see his pup knocked to the floor again. As she started getting up, Garm barked back to Lupito,

"Thank you, Alpha. I will keep working to strengthen my claws and fangs."

Taking up her stance again, Garm saw that his pup called out,

"Again, Teacher. Please?"

And noticed that this time when she got up, he couldn't help but feel pleased when he saw the expression on her face. Not frustrated, or confused, but optimistic, even in her struggle in the uphill battle that was her training.

Rugal, Caim, Dimitri

"Ah, so that's how flight plans work..."

"There were no plans beforehand, hence the heeding of the request. However, as you wish... Ms. Vermilion!"

Dimitri disappeared for a moment, and the Cloaked Red AI took his place, "Captain Override. Setting course for Santa Maria Beach, Los Santos, San Andreas, California. One moment...
Confirmed. Current destination reset. Estimated time of arrival is as before, 2 to 2 and a half days, depending upon weather conditions or other varying factors."

After that, Vermilion disappeared from view and Dimitri was back on the terminal's display, ready to enact any other commands for the ship.

Caim, on the other hand, kept his gaze on the clouds outside, and wondered to himself when Angelus would be done with Devon. The flight conditions looked perfect....

"This supplier of your's that good? You know more about mechanics than I do, but if this place is really such a wretched hive of thieves and liars, I'd be weary of anyone I met."

bluerocker:
snip

Kalastryn walked back into the canteen to hear Ton Ton's news about his mistress... combining the amount of time he'd been gone, the last age she was at, what his enemies would do to her and managed to do to him... along with the fact her protector was absent for 4 years... she didn't want to think about the results. She didn't want to keep her conclusion from Ton Ton either. That's the thing about having such a logical mind, there are few conclusions you feel wrong about when you do your math right as often as she does, even though you can wish with every fiber of your being that you were.

"So... still trying to feign being friends with that little thing? Cut the crap, you've lied to everyone you met, even back "home." She heard a voice in her head say, though she wasn't aware of it, it was much like the mental "enemy" situation Teri was going through.

"Not that it really was ever "home" to you was it now? Oh have I said too much? Worried your little psychic "friend" might pick up on this? What are you so embarrassed about liar? Isn't that your nature? It's equally bad whether or not you tell him what it is you think happened by now. Tell him, and it might break his heart to little pieces should he assume your right. And what if you are? and you don't say it? He'll live the rest of his "life" searching for someone he'll never find. You are SUCH a CHILD! First you screw up the real reason you ever m-" The voice is abruptly cut off, She seems to have managed to pulled her mind away from whatever that was... but why did it know so much? Had Jenny been scanning the minds of some of crew, even if just in this room... how much would she have heard would it have continued? She sat there in silence, not wanting to think about it lest it return, and certainly NOT wanting to tell Ton Ton her guess as to where his mistress was.

After hearing Ton-Ton's talk, Melethia responded. "Look, she'll be okay. By this point, I promise ya she'll be trained well enough to gut 'em. If not, she can go to a brother or sister to eradicate 'em. She was just trainin' in magic, I think, so it wouldn't be hard to set up a few spells that go off when they appear. It was just a delayed apprenticeship, Ton-Ton, an' there's no way she isn't ready now."

Devon, Angelus

The training between the two continued for some time until Devon finally passed out on the floor. He couldn't be faulted for giving in easily, but there was only so much that could be done against someone that spent their entire life mastering their techniques.

She saw her pupil get back up and shook her head. "Teri, we've learned quite enough for today. I understand your want to learn more, but this kind of training works best when your body has the chance to recover. Now then, what's this talk about Teacher? I understand you wanting to separate our personal life from our training, but there still needs to be that trust between us."

Kazuya | Gilliam

As Kazuya kept acting antsy, Gilliam shook his head. "Tell those men of yours watching us with their scopes to back down or I will leave immediately. I did this to foster trust, and it's extremely hard to do so when you've got two dozen men watching your every move."

Rugal

"You have to keep in mind that a lot of the technological advancements in mankind were created for use in War. I'm was a Arms dealer, so naturally, I was on the cutting edge of research and development for about a decade. I'm positive that they will be able to help us." Rugal confirmed as he leaned back in the captain's chair, sitting there always did wonders for his mood.
"Besides, In Los Santos where we'll be docking, the most dangerous thing there are street gangs armed with handguns and after having their minds rotted by drugs and liquor. Nothing that should pose any threat to us." He added, recalling the days he could walk though gang borders completely untouched.

Jenny

Jenny laid a hand on Ton Ton's shoulder before she reassuringly said "Melethia is right. I was once like that, always needing protection and look at me now! I can hold my own and I'm certain your Mistress can do the same."
She then visibly froze for a moment when she heard Kalastryn's darker side start screaming in anger.
...Hello?...Was someone there?... she mentally asked, hoping to lure out whomever was talking just then

Kazuya

Kazuya let out a laugh at that idea; Kazuya never laughed at a time like this.
"Men with scopes? Please, Give me a bit more credit. If you knew me, you'd know I don't need snipers to take care of myself." He explained as he reached out his hand and clenched his fist.
"Now, if you would just answer my question so we can move this along. Mokujin has training to do."

Diablo1099:

She then visibly froze for a moment when she heard Kalastryn's darker side start screaming in anger.
...Hello?...Was someone there?... she mentally asked, hoping to lure out whomever was talking just then.[/color]

Kalastryn would have seemed embarrassed if it were being said aloud when she mentally replied... "Jenny? Sorry about that, I have no idea who or what that was, or why they knew so much about me and my personal life... how much of that did you hear?"

That's when her shadow busted in again, now finally having someone to talk to who didn't already know everything it did.

"Oh, I don't care how much she heard already, I'm not the one Slindis will have a lack of trust for should she find out, so let's keep going shall we? No?" The shadow said, oddly aggressive in it's retreat saying. "That's fine, I can be patient... I'll just wait until the day that a psychic isn't the only one of your so called "friends" who can hear me... then we'll see how much your "best friend" trusts you. You act all high and mighty, now that you've got your wings and got them for "virtue" and "respectability..." but I know the truth, you've lied to everyone you met since you found Stormreach! Slindis probably would have deserved such treatment MUCH more than you would. She's spent her life actually BEING righteous and respectable, while you've spent it pre-" The voice is cut off again. This time "audible" to the minds of Jenny and Kala, was a sound of something catching flame.

"Whatever that thing says, I guess we'll all figure out in time... in honesty though, I just want that thing gone. Why do they assume they know so much? The key word there is assume by the way, I've no idea what their talking about with me "lying" Jenny could tell by the tone of the "voice" projected that she probably did know... but wasn't willing to tell what secret she's keeping. Not due to any sort of anger either, but sounding as though she was rather depressed about it being right?

Jenny

Jenny merely gave a nod and sent back If you want to talk about it in private, I can arrange that. I've dealt with such things before, both with the rest of the Crew and with everyday people. I won't judge or anything. No one will know. I'm certain of that.
Inside though, she was really worried, this was the second Shadow to reach out to her in less then a day.
If this ended up being a recurring pattern, she'd fear what'd happen to her friends.

Diablo1099:
snip

Kalastryn sighed, out loud this time, before mentally sending back "No thanks Jenny. In all honesty it's something that's hard to come to terms with, but I kinda have to do it myself... know what I mean? I'm sorry if it seems I'm being a bit secretive... but I'd rather not talk about it. Still, I guess it's good to know there is someone I can confide it about it should the need rise... but I'd like to keep to myself for now."

she said, this time the shadow not returning... at least not yet

Jenny

Jenny was little upset by the whole "I'll go it alone" thing, but she didn't show it.
I completely understand. I'm just a few rooms away if you need me. She sent back, hoping that if/when she did reach out for help, it wouldn't already be too late.
To throw others off the fact that they were having a mental conversation, She then asked "Hey, you ever try a Poffin?"

Ton Ton balked at the response, especially with the thought that the Mistress needed to know how to combat the Daemons themselves. Shaking his head, he answered, "No, you don't understand! The Masters and the Mistresses don't seem aware of the Daemons at all. Heck, I don't think they notice us moving, even when fighting Daemons! There's been no record of magic aside from faerie tales, and even then, the people say 'oh, it's just fantasy', so I don't know if people can combat them at all. We're the only defense that they've had."

Sighing, Ton Ton had to remind himself he was talking to people from very different worlds and expectations, and tried to appeal to that when he said, "I don't know what your worlds require of you, but in ours, it was unheard of for children, especially those so young like my Mistress, to know about things like that. They're still growing up you know?"

Devon, Angelus

Angelus gave a smirk and shook her head, hoisting up the bard and slinging him over her shoulder and sending in a small request to the head of humanities (Dimitri) to get the bit of remains from the chicken cleaned up. As she wandered to the Med Bay, she chuckled, "I can see why Caim bothers with you... Perhaps in time you can learn something from me."

And with that, Angelus continued her walk to deposit Devon in the Med Bay.

She saw her pupil get back up and shook her head. "Teri, we've learned quite enough for today. I understand your want to learn more, but this kind of training works best when your body has the chance to recover. Now then, what's this talk about Teacher? I understand you wanting to separate our personal life from our training, but there still needs to be that trust between us."

Teri gave a sheepish smile, can called over her anxious looking wolf companion, who didn't waste any time to nose over and sniff the Cleric for her condition. With a smile, Teri gave the black wolf a good rubdown on the head and said, "Oh, I didn't mean any offense, Mum. It was just something to call you in the midst of training. Got pumped, you know? And, you do get real serious when we train, so I was following along."

She cracked a grin, and then her neck, which made her wince. Taking a moment to establish the connection to her Tablet and check in on Dimitri, Teri found that a few alerts regarding flight plans changing around entered her mind for a moment "Though I think I'm gonna be sore for a while... Beats the arrows... So... hungry? Or do you want to check the course the ship is going? I've been getting a couple pings from Dimitri. You know, mental connection to my Tablet and stuff."

Caim, Rugal, Dimitri

Caim shrugged and added, "So, stuff not even worth our time... Fair enough. Doesn't mean I won't anticipate the worst to happen. We seem to have that kind of luck."

Dimitri chimed in again, "User: Caim does bring up a good point. The Rising Dawn and it's crew, whether we like it or not, has a heightened probability of encountering disaster or being directly involved in it. Taking precaution would not be ill advised."

Melethia nodded to Jenny's response as she responded to Ton-Ton. "Well, if they're growing up, they need to improve themselves on that part, because anything less makes a weakness in the chain, and you know exactly what they go after. Get the one flaw down, then they can take down the whole family within a day. If anything, you're enabling that weakness, Ton-Ton.

I'll try one of those Poffin, Miss Jenny!" It was certainly more than a bit jarring to hear the complete shift in tone between the two statements.

Devon, Angelus

He was deposited in the Med Bay and woke up about a half hour later, more than a bit mentally worn down. "Well, that was one heck of a training session. Might as well get started on that Healthy Living tome..." He didn't notice if ANgelus was still in the room as he started on the 20th chapter of it, just barely halfway through it.

Sadei was mentally glowing as she talked to Teri. I know that you're tired, but that felt so good! We've got to do that some more, Teri.

Seeing that the training was finished, Lupito talked to Garm. Go and make sure you and your pup are well fed. His sentiments were shared by SLindis as she responded. "Let's check up on both. The food's more important at this moment."

Kazuya | Gilliam

Finally, Gilliam stared Kazuya down. "Those glasses. Let me see them." As he made the half-request, he got ready to reach out and snatch them off himself.

Rugal

Rugal let out a sigh on that statement.
"Indeed. Hence why I'm going to ensure we spend the least amount of time as possible in the region. Literally: Dock, Dismount, Purchase, Board, Leave. I care your concerns on how madcap fate seems to be for us. Still, with any luck, the worse we'll have to deal with is a moron shooting at us with a handgun." He said as he got up from the captain's chair and also began to gaze out the window.
"As for our retailer friend, He managed to keep his place intact this long, I imagine he can keep it going for one more day."

Jenny

Jenny cringed at what Ton Ton said, if it was truly the case...
"...Well....I don't know what to tell you then...." she murmured, regretting her optimism a few minutes ago.
Still, she was lifted up by Melethia's request as she used her telekinesis to hover over a pink sweet Poffin before dropping it on the table in front of her.
"Figured that one would suit you the best." she teased, knowing that Melethia wouldn't understand the meaning.

David

All the while, David was sorting out his things, ready to pack up and leave this ship, most likely for good if the world didn't go mental again.
However, there was something missing from his pile.
Where's that Towel I nicked from that Angel Temple!? He thought, worrying about losing his bragging rights with it no longer in his procession.
...Storm... He then concluded, figuring the Angel Soldier picked it up, thus he went down to his room and began to bang on the door.
"OI! STORM! Did you take my damn towel!?"

Kazuya

"Hey! Stop it! You have any ide-" Kazuya protested before Gilliam managed to take his glasses of him and his facial features seemed to mutate slightly.

"...Crap..." the imposter said before he made a run for it, slowly reverting into a light blue slime as he did.
"Great work Mokujin! You beat your old time." The real Kazuya said before stepping out of the shadows as the Ditto raced to his feet before climbing up his master.
"I'm sorry, but it was his idea, not mine. I've been training him to take on human forms, He was...Eager to test his skills. He has the face and mouth down but the eyes were always a dead give-away." He explained before he put Mokujin back in his Pokeball.
"Everything he said was true though, no snipers, no bugs, just Us. And you skill didn't answer his question...."

Ton Ton just stared at Melethia, feeling a deep, horrible sensation in his gut. Perhaps this was anger? Whatever it was, he found himself crying out at Melethia with ferocity, his lantern light almost threatening to blow out of the "WEAKNESS?! You think what I do promotes weakness?! I don't know about you, but when I fight for my Mistress, it so that she can she can have a good and happy childhood. I fight so that she doesn't have to look over her shoulder every time she goes to bed, so she does not feel fear, but security! Children should not live the lives we do. They should not think like we have to. Their time before becoming an adult is short, and should be enjoyed, not crushed underfoot by the adult world and all that implies after it. And you think me foolish for wanting my Mistress to have that brief time of happiness, then I'm afraid we cannot agree with one another."

Shaking, Ton Ton leaped down from his perch on the table, and walked to the exit of the Canteen, giving a small, "Thank you for the Pastry. Good day."

And then walked outside of the Canteen, then breaking into a run when he was out of sight, and 'sent' a message to Caim and Angelus,

"Where's Mr. Devon? I need to talk to him."

Meanwhile, back in the Canteen, Cadolbolg just sat on his position, and wondered aloud, "I don't understand..."

When he tried to reach for Ton Ton's mind, he felt a block, a clear sign that the Tonberry wanted to be alone. Strange... However, when Jenny pulled a poffin, Cadolbolg found his attention shifted and gave Jenny baby eyes, "Ooooh, can I have one too? Pretty please?"

Devon, Angelus

Angelus was the first to catch the message, as she was in the Med Bay with Devon. After all, it did not bode well to leave hatchlings alone long, as her mother had told her.

"Compared to me anyway, this boy is a hatchling."

As she saw Devon sit up and begin to read, Angelus almost began to speak, and then heard a voice in her mind,

"Where's Mr. Devon? I need to talk to him."

Stopping what she intended to say, Angelus sent back the location of herself and Devon, and in a few moments Ton Ton was in the room with them. His little lantern, usually bright, shone with a different sort of flame this time. It was erratic, and swirling, and Angelus could just tell by looking at the Tonberry he was distressed, "Well, here you are... You need to speak with Devon then? Shall I leave?"

Ton Ton nodded softly, "Please?"

With an inclination of her head, Angelus got up and wandered her way outside, looking for something of interest on the ship...

Following that, Ton Ton walked up to Devon and leaped to the chair beside the bed, and after asking his question, the two went into discussion about what went down in the Canteen, with Ton Ton finishing with, "I... I just feel so... I don't even know how to describe it. There's this horrible feeling in my chest like I'm about to burst! I mean, I know she's from a different world than I am, so the standards are different; but it still feels wrong to think of Ms. Melethia as the same age as the Mistress. They share the same age, and yet... She's so... Cold. What could make somebody like that?"

Sadei was mentally glowing as she talked to Teri. I know that you're tired, but that felt so good! We've got to do that some more, Teri.

Seeing that the training was finished, Lupito talked to Garm. Go and make sure you and your pup are well fed. His sentiments were shared by SLindis as she responded. "Let's check up on both. The food's more important at this moment."

Teri smiled brightly, both in her mind and to her mother, "You're right! Sure, I'm sore as hell, but man I feel 'good' for kinda figuring it out. And, we'll keep up so long as Mum'll think it's needed."

A growl resounded in her stomach, something Garm noticed with a tilted head and a confused grunt. Laughing sheepishly, Teri added, "Yeah, you're right... Food sounds like a great idea."

Giving Garm a happy pat on the side, to which the black wolf gave a lick to the Cleric's face before the duo set on ahead to the Canteen. In no time, the duo made their way (Slindis and Lupito trailing behind) to the Canteen, to which Teri gave a wave and went to the fridge to grab some protein for herself and Garm. Garm on the other hand, contented himself with sniffing all the members of the Canteen to double check if they were indeed members of the pack. Thus, any who were in the area found a wet nose floating nearby wherever they may be.

Coming back with a turkey sandwich and lead Garm away with a hunk of meat for him to chow on, Teri sat at the table and asked, "How are you guys holding up?"

Caim, Rugal

Caim waved a hand dismissively, showing he was finally deciding to drop the subject, and paused for a moment when Ton Ton and Angelus' pact sendings entered his mind. After a moment to answer those quickly, a fact that Rugal was aware of by how Caim's eyes seemed to focus on one cloud in particular, and then returned to the conversation, "If you know the lay of the land that well, I'll leave you to it. Doesn't mean I won't be ready should disaster strike."

*shakes Magic 8 Ball*

Pages PREV 1 . . . 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 . . . 830 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or