The Escapist Avatar Adventure: An Open RP (Now Re-Opened!)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 . . . 875 NEXT

David

David nodded slowly, "Yep....", as if he was on King of the Hill.
"They'll live, They are a mad bunch, but some of the best there are. Kinda part of the reason I'm getting out the job, I mean, That kid with the Green Hair? She fucking killed more in a hour then I have my whole life! And you fucking shot down Angel Ships with a Shotgun! I am waaaaaaaaaaaaaay out of my league..." He said as he took another sip before making his way towards the food court.
"Might just get paid, buy a boat, start living in the San Francisco Bay, coming on land only for food and booze, get fat, work it off, Be human. After that, might become a Cop. Least drug dealers stay dead, you know?..." he said as he got the usual: Chicken dippers and Sweet Chili Sauce.
"And if your staying around, I'm out the job already! For real, best shooting I've seen in ages."

"They'll live, They are a mad bunch, but some of the best there are. Kinda part of the reason I'm getting out the job, I mean, That kid with the Green Hair? She fucking killed more in a hour then I have my whole life! And you fucking shot down Angel Ships with a Shotgun! I am waaaaaaaaaaaaaay out of my league..."

"Oh Fuck Off." Fionn turned to face David, knowing his self putdown was bullshit. "You're one of the best combatants around here. The only reason you're outclassed here is because of all the kids that rely on magic powers, they have no skill. You can headshot pilots for christ's sake!" Fionn was laughing at this, the best sniper he had seen, and David said he was outclassed by naive children.

"Might just get paid, buy a boat, start living in the San Francisco Bay, coming on land only for food and booze, get fat, work it off, Be human. After that, might become a Cop. Least drug dealers stay dead, you know?..."

"I was thinking of getting an Airship, then resuming my Bounty Hunter work. Or become a Texas Ranger or something....." Fionn trailed off into random thoughts as David went for food.

"And if your staying around, I'm out the job already! For real, best shooting I've seen in ages."

"Look, if we ever end up back at Gunsmoke, I'm getting you a better Iron. Dragon's Breath, Smite undead, all that good stuff. Funny story actually, this one time me and The Pr-" Fionn stopped there and fell silent. The realisition only now fully coming back after his 'lesson' to the Angels. You'd tell this story better than me anyway. He shook his head and necked another glass.

David

While it was nice to be complemented, David merely sighed.
"Thanks but...Only so much a gun can do these days, you know? Though that kid had a slight hint of magic, not really sure if she's like a wizard or something...Still, give her a few years, be tearing strips off of everything in her way, just like her mother." He said as he nommed on some dippers.
"...Just lose my fiancee in this war...she turned on me, got a load of her people to attack me....I was right after a failed objective so...I lost my mind...I just want to forget it ever happened..." He sighed as he took a drink to wash his food down with.

Rugal

"As for Teri, While she lacks your natural talent for the deadly arts, A blast of Spell Energy would do much like a blast of Ki Energy. Who knows? We might see her do a Kaiser Wave in the future!"

"Me...? Do that? Huh..."

Teri's eyes widened at the notion; a daydream of preforming said move flickering in her mind as her 'parents' exchanged glances. Oh, how high you've set her hopes, Bernstein...

When she broke out of her reverie, she gave a determined nod to Slindis: "Yes'm! Poor Sadei, I never really use her for battle..."

Devon, Ton Ton, Ella: Mindscape

If breaking the chain was the path to freeing Devon from control of his Shadow, then Ton Ton would take it gladly. Bringing down his Knife hard on the chain; the Tonberry gave a whoop of joy when the accursed thing severed, and looked to see how it affected the Shadow.

Rugal

Slindis shook her head at Rugal's response about the times changing. "We both know it wouldn't be that easy, Rugal. No matter where you go, it's simple to see that there's vast swathes of people that are already ostracized for minor differences in appearance. We both know that Melethia and I are more than a bit different. Honestly, although it's unpleasant, staying on the lookout for something that's set to happen is the best choice for us." Her memories went back to the Warforged community being on the sidelines and generally not being trusted, and there was also the unfortunate side effect of the elven aging that would make it extremely difficult for them to stay in one place for more than a few years.

After hearing the name Sadei, Slindis' tone of voice became unnervingly calm. "...Teri, how did you happen upon that name?" To those that knew the Paladin, they knew that a fairly delicate subject had been hit upon.

Blade, Tajuh

Tajuh went over to the Grovyle and patted him on the back as he drank some whiskey. "You know, I honestly thought your group would have had a good deal more problems with us here, but thanks for helping by sticking with Jenny and smoothing some things over." Since the man was focused on the drinking, he was actually fairly relaxed for once. At least he had a night or two before he had to head out. There was some talk about tensions in another world, and he hoped he would be able to get there before the Colonies there started getting attacked.

Hiryu, Guards

Hiryu was confronted by a few of the guards. Although they were still in a relatively good mood, they didn't want anyone heading through there.

"Strider Hiryu, you're clearly intoxicated. Please, follow us if you intend on heading back to the Blue Dragon. We don't want any trouble." They spoke in a calm, nonconfrontational tone to not provoke the clearly shitfaced man.

Devon, Ton-Ton, Ella: Mindscape

The Coffin fell to the ground with a resounding Thud as the rest of the chain dissipated, but the Tonberry could clearly see that Devon was not in a good state.

"Welp, now I can just kill him myself! Thanks, asshole!" Ton-Ton was struck by another Tombstone, inadvertently giving the Daemon Slayer more energy for an Everybody's Grudge.

Rugal

"You Authors seem so unsure. While you have questionable control over your powers, You show time and time again that it hasn't stopped you. Why, I even heard that Devon willingly went to Hell before joining us..." Rugal said to Teri as she seemed nervous at the idea of being able to do such a powerful attack.

While he tempted to retort Slindis's fears with an offer of sanctuary at his manor, but he then remembered the state it was in and the fact that it was built from the blood of those killed by his weapons, something she would surely object to.
"...Just know that there are other options to here and if you need my assistance in the matter, I'm more then happy to aid you." He said, Stop doing this to yourself! Just break it off and get back to AIM before Bison tries to take it over. Again. He thought, knowing that his departure would bring about harm to those he cared about.

"....Sadei must be the name of the Staff's host. I remembered back in the jungle, before we were split up, I tried to lift it, a Voice said otherwise before making it impossible for me to hold it. I'm guessing that's her name." He then added to change the topic.

Blade, Tajuh

Blade was starting to feel the effect's of Akane's trick.
"Uhhhh...Yeah sure, ju-" He paused as his voice seemed to sound more like Jenny's then his own.
"...Wh-what is going on with my voice?...." He asked himself as he began to feel...."Different".
"...Excuse me..." He said as he found the fact his voice was now more like a woman's to be rather unsettling.
As Tajuh looked on in confusion, Melethia took the chance to spike his drink with the potion with deftness that'd a Strider would be jelous of.
Returning to her evil master, Akane and Melethia awaited Tajuh's reaction to the potion.

Hiryu, Guards

"tah wellv, it'rs clear i made oa wrong turn pat tihe ladies restroom butt ybou will nezver take me kalive..." He slurred as he was dragged off to his quarters

Rugal | Slin | Teri

"You Authors seem so unsure. While you have questionable control over your powers, You show time and time again that it hasn't stopped you. Why, I even heard that Devon willingly went to Hell before joining us..."

Teri paused the moment she heard Devon's name, concern beginning to show on her brow as she wandered to her wolfy companion, feeding him the rest of her skewer as she mulled over in her thoughts.

"Shit! I got so caught up hanging out and training with Dad, I forgot about Devon. Not to mention I haven't gotten anything back from Jenny.... I better go check up on him."

She began climbing up Garm's side when she heard the exchange from Rugal and Slindis,

"...Teri, how did you happen upon that name?"

"....Sadei must be the name of the Staff's host. I remembered back in the jungle, before we were split up, I tried to lift it, a Voice said otherwise before making it impossible for me to hold it. I'm guessing that's her name."

Teri's thoughts weren't focused on her 'parents' when she tapped a few buttons on her tablet, and said, "What Dad said. She's been talking to me for a while. Given that I've got my powers from God himself it didn't surprise me that Sadei could talk... I'm riding a juvenile direwolf for pete's sake!"

With a few more taps, a silent prompt came up on Dimitri's screen, showing right where the Devon's ring was located. The Cleric then took a moment to direct her mount's direction, and said quickly, "Ya know how I said I had stuff to take care of and then I'd relax? Yeah, something just came up. I promise I'll get back to relaxing in a minute, butIgottago! Bye!"

And before either could make a protest, Garm had already bounded off; taking his pup with him and leaving Rugal and Slindis baffled.

Devon, Ton-Ton, Ella, Teri, Mercy: Reality

With the coordinates readied by Dimitri; finding Devon was a snap, and getting into his room was even easier... If somewhat unnerving. The door was wide open, and some girl with a satchel was standing over Devon with an emptied out snowglobe. Garm immediately took action; growling at the girl and directing her to a wall as Teri went to check on her passed out allies. Confused, the Cleric looked over the various sleeping persons with confusion, and asked herself,

"Jenny must have tried to get in Devon's mind while he was sleeping... What Ton Ton's doing here is beyond me..."

As Teri reached over to inspect Jenny, her hand brushed the Gardevior's arm; and the Cleric's vision went black.

Devon, Ton Ton, Ella, Teri: Mindscape

Teri woke up on the some dirt on the outskirts of-

"A graveyard? Is this really Devon's mind..?"

---

"Oof! Grrr, you're gonna pay for that! MISS, CHECK UP ON DEVON! WATCH HIS BODY CAREFULLY, I'M GONNA TEST THE LINK!"

With that, the Tonberry charged ahead, knife at the ready. If his hypothesis proved correct, whatever harm was done to this monster would end up on Devon; that is, if the link was still solid. However, if not... Then the Daemon would pay.

Time: *Gurgle*

Lucieon

At first, he was so absorbed in watching the names appear on his Book of the Guilty that he had failed to notice. Indeed it was Manus, the Father of the Abyss that first took affront to the girl's presence and notified his holder. Luke turned his head toward the girl and stared silently. The whispers of the Abyss mocked him with his inept social ability. Manus was a kind father, being an outcast himself, and his ways were not always straightforward. Through the goads of the Dark, Luke stood up and walked over to the girl's table and tapped her on the shoulder twice with a leather-gloved hand.

"Good morrow," he said, "have you as well become a lost soul in this place?" Luke sat down across from her and continued, much to Manus' delight, "there used to be people on this ship, but as of late they have all vanished. It is lonesome here, without a friend nor purpose."

Then Luke got to the point, "might I inquire your name and purpose, so that I may assist you?"

Shaun and Tomoya.
Time: 12Pm.

The Author Shaun could only laugh as he read the threat, his laugh almost resembled a mad man.
"How cliche now." Shaun said and Tomoya looked confused. "What is is?" The character said to his friend. "I'll tell ya ..." Shaun said as he summed up the message to Tomoya. Luckily Tomoya's family was not in.

Tomoya reacted to Shaun's summary as well and looked serious yet angry. "What are you going to do and who is it?" Tomoya said with scowl scratched upon his face. "Storm, or the superhuman version of myself can handle him ... but I'm worried about the couple. Though we can easily say that someone who sent me this is evil or antagonistic. And what do we think think when someone says 'evil'!?"

A silence filled the apartment.
"Recent events makes me say ... hell?" Tomoya said and got a nod out of Shaun.
"Right, and no one knows I got this watch from you until now ... unless they are a author. So that concludes that the messenger is someone who has been to Hell or connected to a being of Hell. So it's Teri ... who I doubt very much since she is a cleric or Crimson who had trained in Hell." Shaun gasped in some more air.

"So ..."
"I can't do anything, it will make things worse. They can handle anything, don't worry." Shaun smiled. "And since they are watching I will say this. I did not kill those people, my other side did, the side they made angry. In the end I revived everyone and more thanks to you Tomoya and the angels. Though harm any of my characters and I will come in there myself and rip out one of your eyes and stomp it." Shaun said in a familiar dark tone, closer to his dark side.

Once more silence filled the room.
"Umm ... want some tea."
"Yes please. I think both my dark side and superiority complex said that." Shaun said as the two began to have tea when the girls arrived back.

(If any author abuses their power in that world they will either go crazy or die.)

Rugal

After Teri ran off, Rugal could see the Paladin shaking in shock. "...It couldn't be... it's not possible..." Right after, she grabbed Rugal by the hand.

He could feel the vast amount of confusion that had been awakened through her brutally honest aura, but the Drow holding his hand did her best to sound calm "Rugal, when you held that staff, what did the voice soun like? Tell me!" Some remembering back could only bring the fact that the voice had sounded vaguely feminine, but he couldn't place the age at all.

Blade, Tajuh

As he finished with the whiskey, he began feeling something he hadn't felt in ages. It was much like an old friend, and one that he hadn't felt in a great deal of time. He strained for a good bit as he focused to mentally reach that final bit, but it was a final splash of the liqour from a startled Blade that was the final push for the man's shift.

The new Tajuh looked around the room and chimed in with a smooth and slightly slurred voice. "Excuse me, but the person that caused this needs to meet up with me right now."

Melethia turned to Akane, not quite sure if she should head over. The new woman didn't seem mad, but she didn't really want to risk anything.

Hiryu, Guards

THe guards placed five liters of water on bottles in the man's room, because he would surely need them in the morning.

Ton-Ton saw the man flinch as the first tentative stab happened, but it was clear: the Shadow was feeling the pain now. "Oh come on! Are you really trying to hurt me with that pathetic blade? You'll only hurt him, asswipe!"

As Teri approached, she saw a tombstone with her name on it cut in half.

Rugal

The instant Teri ran off and Slindis reacted, Rugal picked up on it, despite having no eyes, the visible shift in Slindis' Energy Field tipping him off.
"...Is there something wrong?" He asked before finding his hand was being squeezed.
"Rugal, when you held that staff, what did the voice sound like? Tell me!" She asked, shaking from nerves.
Putting a hand on her shoulder to steady her, he then answered bluntly "Female...Possibly young. I'm sorry I can not tell you more, she spoke only then and only for a few seconds at most."
Seeing her reaction to the news, he said "I have a feeling that we should talk about this someplace less public..." before leading her away from the general eye into one of the station's hallways, Luptio in tow.

Blade, Tajuh

"....What....The Fuck?...." Blade said in his feminized voice as Tajuh seemed to get a perfect sex change from whatever was in that drink.
"....This is weirding me out..." He added before taking Tajuh's drink and dipping his finger in it.
Using Absorb, he managed to soak it in though his skin.
"....Only half of that drink is Whiskey, You've been drugged....And...I might have been drugged..."

Devon & Shadow Devon| Ella | Teri | Ton Ton

"Do whatever you fucking want, Whorebiscuit, IT WON'T CHANGE A GODDAMNED THING! Shitheels like that Dingo Humper and his pet Anime Hot Topic Slayer get away with whatever they FUCKING WANT and still go back to their FUCKING FAMILIES even after all they did! Yet this FUCKUP can try whatever he wants and no gods or angels would stroke his nutsack and coo soothing words and say it's not going to be alright like what happened with those two! Say whatever you want, BITCH, but the only reason you even gave a damn about him was because he busted your sorry ass out of Hell! Just let me kill him so you can go do whatever you fucking want to him in hell, because we both know that's where he's going! At least he managed to not fuck up how he looks, am I right? So I'm really doing you a favor!"

The succubus snarled at the Shadow as she dropped the deflection barrier, opting to go on the offensive. Whatever this thing was, whether it was some corruption left over from Tomoya or something from the dark recesses of Devon's mind, she didn't rightly care. All she knew was that it was putting Devon in danger and it was pissing her the hell off.

"Listen asshole! You don't get it do you! He's not supposed to go to Hell! Do you know that Devon... you're the only one that's ever been given a 50 year reducable contract? No. He's not going to go there and neither am I." The Succubus said as she unfurled her wings... her wings? Strangely they had changed as they were no longer the bat like wings that she had been sporting before. Instead, they were feathered and angelic but ultimately, they were still a blackened color.

The Succubus spotted the cleric as she appeared in Devon's mind and heard Ton Ton's instructions:

"Oof! Grrr, you're gonna pay for that! MISS, CHECK UP ON DEVON! WATCH HIS BODY CAREFULLY, I'M GONNA TEST THE LINK!"

With the sheer amount of crap flying through the air, the demi-angel knew that the Daddy's little cleric would have a difficult time getting through and as much as she disliked her, she knew that she was important to keeping Devon alive and so she dove, grabbing the Cleric up off the ground and made a dodging beeline towards the coffin.

Lucieon | Lucretia

The girl, for that's all she was in reality having only been born months ago, though she had experienced more than 14 chronological years that had been compressed into that time, looked at the man who called himself Lucieon with a bit of a shy smile, though for the record, she was more than internally confident that she could best this man should she need to, her Foster Father had trained her quite well in that regard.

"You may have my name but my purpose is, with respect, my own. You can call me Lucretia... Lucretia Volkov-West." She said, her gold flecked green eyes looking directly into Luke's.

"Are you aware of where the other members of the Rising Dawn might be? I have business with them."

Garm | Jenny | Mercy | Teri | Ton Ton

This wasn't what exactly what she had signed up for when she took on this courier job. First day on the job and she winds up in Space via God knows how and now she was in the process of being cornered by a giant dog, well as large a dog as she had seen in Midtown where the Rats were even larger than this thing.

"Um. Good boy. Sit! Um. Nice Doggy!" She stammered as she tried to reach into her courier bag and find something, anything really that would help her in this situation.

"I really really really wish I had paid attention to the briefing that man had given me on this bag, but I was so hungry that I couldn't pay attention. What was it? Everyone has something that needs to be delivered to them and this bag - umm - something something something" She thought to herself as her hand finally found something in the bag. Hoping that it was something that would help her keep the giant dog off of her, the girl ripped it out of her bag and held it in front of her like a club, her eyes closing shut as she waited for the thing to kill her.

From Garm's perspective, he watched as the potential assassin of his master's friend ripped an object from her bag, surprisingly it was not a weapon for which she could finish off his master's friend, it was a giant bone and from the smell of it, it still had meat on it as well.

"Wha - What?!" The courier exclaimed as she was holding the meaty giant economy sized beef femur in front of her. Sure it could have been used as a club to defend herself but honestly, the fact that there was still scraps of fresh raw beef on the bone made her sick to her stomach. Hastily, she dropped the bone and backed away from it, hoping that the doggy wasn't about to kill her.

Time: Gorph

Lucieon | Lucretia

Unnerved, that was the only emotion that ran through Luke. Something seemed... off about this girl. Something that put off even the swarms of humanity that tore against his Darksign. Something that ate away even att he Father of the Abyss' great unyielding confidence. It was her eyes, a fierce gold that reflected the speckled stone gems that the knight of Carim and Catarina held so dearly to. Those eyes told him that she was confident, and a bit too much for the amount of souls she carried around within her.

The measly sum of one.

Luke gave thought to his next words before answering, his right hand slipping into his pants and producing samll orange soapstone, "If my antiquated memory could serve me well, they are somewhere in the great void above, and should be returning shortly." He scrawled some runic script on the table with the soapstone and waited patiently for a response.

To both his amazement and horror, soon someone had responded to his query. The orange runes had changed in text, and now they said "Will return soon. Preoccupied with own personal quests. Finished Space Battle."

"Indeed," Lucieon said again, confident in his presumption, "they will return after a short while." He then extended his hand and smiled, "I seem to have forgotten to introduce myself. I am the ship's quartermaster, Lucieon... and just Lucieon for now."

"Do whatever you fucking want, Whorebiscuit, IT WON'T CHANGE A GODDAMNED THING! Shitheels like that Dingo Humper and his pet Anime Hot Topic Slayer get away with whatever they FUCKING WANT and still go back to their FUCKING FAMILIES even after all they did! Yet this FUCKUP can try whatever he wants and no gods or angels would stroke his nutsack and coo soothing words and say it's not going to be alright like what happened with those two! Say whatever you want, BITCH, but the only reason you even gave a damn about him was because he busted your sorry ass out of Hell! Just let me kill him so you can go do whatever you fucking want to him in hell, because we both know that's where he's going! At least he managed to not fuck up how he looks, am I right? So I'm really doing you a favor!"

Teri frowned immediately upon hearing that voice, knowing that kind of reverb and echoey sensation was something she was very familiar with,

"This must be his Shadow... I bet Shaun's had something to do with- HOLY-"

That was when Ella picked up the Cleric and lifted her off from the ground towards Devon's coffin. The Cleric froze upon being lifted and pulled the way she was, but did not dare make a noise. Upon being deposited next to the coffin, Teri wasted no time in readying a spell to ease in opening the coffin, chanting lightly as she held a hand over the prison: a stream of light blue energies snaking their way across the coffin as she did so.

Teri casts Brumal Stiffening! For the duration of the spell (42 seconds), the coffin's hardness is reduced by 5; making it easier to break! 12 seconds until another 2nd level spell can be cast.

After doing so, the Cleric shouted desperately to Ella: "Hit this thing with your best shot! I made it easier to break, but it won't last!"

---

Meanwhile, Ton Ton was still engaging with the Shadow form of Devon, his knife work matching with the dodging capabilities of the Shadow's evasion. It was infuriating to the Shadow to see the little creature have so much spirit in it; especially when he thought he had broken it's spirit... However, Ton Ton continued holding off on Everyone's Grudge as he did so. He didn't want to accidentally hurt Devon again.

Garm, Mercy

The wolf sniffed at the bone; and gently grabbed it with his jaws, backing away slowly and kept his vigil in front of the Authors and their friends. As he nibbled on the bone, his eyes remained fixed on Mercy, not ready to allow her to move in case she tried something funny. Still, the bone tasted wonderful.

Rugal, Slindis

She led him to one of the rooms and sat down, clearly a bit dazed at that. As she sat down on the bed, she took a moment to collect herself before speaking.

"I... I don't really know what to say, but finding her here, even if she's in Teri's quarterstaff... how did I not notice it at all? Was it something I failed to do? At least one of them made it, but in that way?"

Blade, Tajuh

Tajuh turned to Blade and shook his/her head. "It may have been drugged, but I'm not angry at all. So, if the person that did this could just head over here, I'd like to talk with them. It's nothing harsh, just something I'd like to tell them."

Melethia turned to Akane, clearly very confused at Tajuh's reaction. Either she was so angry that her rage broke, or the person was genuinely glad. In either case, she didn't want to do much of anything, because this was an exceptionally odd potion with the alcohol.

The Shadow tried bringing in more Tombstones to create a barrier, but at this point its movements were becoming very erratic and frenzied. "Why, damnit? Why?! Why do you care so much about someone that hasn't been anything but dead weight their entire lives?! Take a look around you: compared to any other person here, he won't amount to ANYTHING! So why do you give a rat's ass about him?! Hell, even that Hot Topic Bitch Angel and that Koala Molester did more, and they even got away with the shit and are probably getting shitfaced with the rest of their families, but ya know what? A worthless man deserves to have nothing to live for! He's already got nobody to live for, and you fuckers are deluding yourselves. He tried reaching out to all of you, even the Healbitch! But nope, ya had to go along and drag him into your shit! If you had just left his dumb ass alone in that shithole in Wyoming, he'd be perfectly fine just fucking things up for people there and getting bitched at by his family for fucking up there, too!"

With the way it was desperately using the tombstones as a shield, it was clear that it had lost its main form of defense in transferring the pain over to Devon.

Meanwhile, Devon struggled to focus in the coffin which had a good deal of dirt and ashes in it, and his vision was blurry from the assault he'd taken. Not to mention he still felt extremely sore from the Everybody's Grudge earlier. Yet the attack that Ella had delivered cracked the covering, and he started weakly pounding at it.

"Hit this thing with your best shot! I made it easier to break, but it won't last!"

The Demi-Angel didn't have to be told twice as she quickly wheeled upwards towards the heavens, her shoulder burning though she showed no scar or wound there. Accessing her weapon wheel once more, she pulled out a crimson spear, hefting it in her arms as she began a sudden and rapid dive towards the coffin, the spear pointed out in front of her as she channeled her magic into the spear's tip, her blood boiling away from within her as she did so.

"Move it Cleric, unless you wanna be a shishkabab!" The Demi-Succubus/Demi-Angel telled as she closed in towards the lid of the casket. Closing her eyes just before impact, she prayed to whomever was out there to listen.

Lucieon | Lucretia

The girl nodded simply, just once in greeting as she reached into the front pocket of the suit that she wore. From Lucieon perspective, the suit appeared to be somewhat military or at the very least majorly utilitarian in nature as there were many a pocket for which the girl could store things, however what did further noted was that while there were many pockets, the girl did not seem to carry any weapons with her save for some sort of folded device that she kept at the small of her back and a small bone knife that she carried on her thigh.

The object that she retrieved was a pack of cigarettes, from which she produced a single white tube of tobacco and a lighter. The darkened room was termporarily brightened by the single flame the lighter produced as the girl lit her smoke, inhaling deeply as she did before exhaling the smoke into Lucieon's visage.

"Sorry, it's a habit that Ong Long had indulged in that I picked up on." She said as she took another drag from the white cylinder.

"So, you're ship's Quarter Master? Have you been here long?" She asked, not out of politeness of for the sake of conversation, she appeared to have other things on her mind as she spoke to him. She was trying to extract information from him.

"Move it Cleric, unless you wanna be a shishkabab!"

Teri didn't need telling twice, and moved to the side; allowing Ella to get her hit in. As Ella readied another assault, Teri drew her hand back; allowing energy to collect in it; and then cried out:

"REPPU-KEN!"

A medium blue blast traveled from her hand, and slammed into the coffin on the same spot Ella had stabbed it; causing more cracks to make their way onto the coffin. Burmal Stiffening had done it's job nicely; as a small piece fell of one of the edges, causing the girl to light up:

"Ella, right there! There's a small hole! Let's see if we can widen it!"

With that; Teri allowed her Positive Energy Aura to truly shine; in hopes that it would bolster her allies as they worked at widening the hole in the casket.

Teri used Reppuken: Class 1. 12 seconds before she can cast 1st level spells.

===

"Why, damnit? Why?! Why do you care so much about someone that hasn't been anything but dead weight their entire lives?! Take a look around you: compared to any other person here, he won't amount to ANYTHING! So why do you give a rat's ass about him?! Hell, even that Hot Topic Bitch Angel and that Koala Molester did more, and they even got away with the shit and are probably getting shitfaced with the rest of their families, but ya know what? A worthless man deserves to have nothing to live for! He's already got nobody to live for, and you fuckers are deluding yourselves. He tried reaching out to all of you, even the Healbitch! But nope, ya had to go along and drag him into your shit! If you had just left his dumb ass alone in that shithole in Wyoming, he'd be perfectly fine just fucking things up for people there and getting bitched at by his family for fucking up there, too!"

Ton Ton felt another stone hit his little self as he warded off the attack; his toughness brought from a pact making him stronger than most of his race. Still, he was patient, and could stand to wait till-

"Hey Shrimpboat!"

Ella's voice rang through the air, as she brought her spear back down on the coffin; causing a sizable chunk to fall away from the surface. Ton Ton leapt to the side of another tombstone and watched carefully as it chipped a little, "Yes, Ma'am?!"

"Did you do anything to that guy?! Because it doesn't look like Devon's been taking any more damage!"

"Okay- OOF!"

Ton Ton found himself knocked back in his moment of hesitance, and another stone looked ready to smoosh his tiny self. However, with Ella's words ringing in his mind, he weakly curled up into a ball and held up the Lantern, crying out, "Everyone's... Grudge!" as the stone began to descend....

Time: ???

Lucieon | Lucretia

Luke seemed mildly perturbed that a young girl of fourteen was already hooked onto smoking, a habit that in Candor often spelled death for those involved. Smoke obscured the sun, and the sun was the source of life, power, and divinity. To take that acrid substance into oneself was an act of religious suicide and untold heresy. Which caused, much to Luke's personal confusion, the exile of all fire shamanism in the country. A pyromancy flame was a part of one's soul and did not create smoke as they were taught. His time in Cataclama around pyromancers told him that much.

Nevertheless, Luke answered with the same disconnected air that Lucretia talked in while he scribbled down more questions with his orange soap sign, "Smoking is bad for you," he started "and I've been here for a good long while. I think. My sense of time is very skewed as it were, having spent over a hundred years in a place of perpetual twilight."

Then it finally hit him, why those eyes had scared him at first, why this girl indeed had such a terrifying aura around her. Luke backed up quickly and swung his Manus Catalyst toward her, "I have another question for you, young one. To what Dragons are you related?" He felt sure that those eyes were the same eyes that he had spied on the countless wyverns and dragons in Cataclama. The same eyes that had been bestowed upon the enigmatic Dragon Covenant, and the evil in the Black Beast Kalameet's eye.

He felt so sure that her blood ran with the magick of the everlasting dragons.

THe SHadow laughed as it had finally got his opening. "I would say see ya later, but I won't! ANd you know why? 'Cause you'll be dead! Isn't it great! I'll even send the healbitch after-"

"Everyone's... Grudge!"

The Stone Slammed down on the Tonberry as the attack went racing towards the Shadow and fully connected. A roar of primal pain coursed through the graveyard as the attack sent a massive amount of pain coursing through it.

"I'LL KILL YOU ALL!"

Meanwhile, Devon could feel the faintest trickle of healing come through the gap in the coffin as he pounded the crack with a bit more strength. He'd have to thank whoever was helping him get his stamina back after he got out of this.

"I'LL KILL YOU ALL!" The Shadow screamed as Ton-Ton's Everyone's Grudge hit home sending ripples of pain coursing through out the Shadow's form.

"Nice shot, Short Run!" The Demi-Succubus called out as she hovered in the air for a moment trying to decide what she could do to help free her man. She could see Devon struggling more and more as he tried to free himself from the confines of the casket. She could see that the energy blast from Daddy's Cleric's Rappuken had widened the crack in the coffin more signicantly... maybe enough for her to fit her Kamas to use as hooks?

Placing the spear back in her weapon wheel, Ella brought out her chained kamas once again, this time ensure that she had an equal length of chain on both.

Fitting the Kamas in place, the Succubus wrapped the chains around the large trunks of the trees on either side of the casket and with all the strength that she could muster, she pulled. She pulled as if Devon's life depended on it. She pulled, releasing the pain of her captivity in a giant scream.

"COME ON YOU SoN OF A BITCH! BREAK!!" She screamed as she attempted to break the casket lid in half.

Lucieon | Lucretia

Even as the Airship's quarter master took action to point his weapon at her, the girl still made no move other than to continue to smoke her cigarette, her eyes looking into Lucieon's as he sought to wrest the information from her via threat. Her body yearned to throw herself on top of the this Lucieon and break his neck or spine but her mind, the greatest tool she had advised her to refrain from committing an act of violence against the man. Besides, what honor would there be in defeating a glorified merchant.

"Settle down, Lucieon. I would have told you had you asked since he was a member of this crew at one time. The man who raised me was named Ha Long, only he wasn't a man; He was a dragon." She said simply as she took another drag from her cigarette, her movements betraying not one sense of fear. With the events that had just concluded themselves, she knew that the last thing that anyone on this Airship would want is more infighting between a member and a prospective member.

"When my mother died, Ha Long took it upon himself to raise me as his own. But I am not his daughter and he is not my father. But you could say that he is within me." She said as she unzipped a portion of jump suit revealing a swatch of pale skin and a silver chain. On the chain was a piece of stone, Lucieon's experience in medicine telling him that it was a piece of petrified muscle... the petrified heart muscle from a dragon.

"Before he passed on, he told me to come here. He said that my fate is tied with this ship and her crew and he gave this to me. A piece of his heart that he imbued with his essence and powers."

"COME ON YOU SoN OF A BITCH! BREAK!!" She screamed as she attempted to break the casket lid in half.

Teri stood back as Ella did her thing with her kama. After all with the Reppuken's she used, she was still recharging her 1st and 2nd slots, and the 2nd would be needed to recast Brumal Stiffening, if nessecary. So, she sat there, anxiously, thinking about what she could do at the moment....

"Dammit, if only I could... I dunno, whack at it or something..."
"But you can.. Did you forget I existed, Teri?"
"Of course! Sadei, get in here! I could really use your help!"

On cue, the staff appeared in her hands, and the Cleric ran to a side where the chains weren't connected. From there, she began beating the everloving hell out of the coffintop, in a desperate attempt to help Devon out of his prison.

Meanwhile, Ton Ton stirred under the rubble that was the rock that attempted to smoosh him; and gave a light groan, "I'm going to feel that in the morning... Ugh... Alright, Daemon, it is time we ended this...."

And so, Ton Ton charged the Shadow again with the same ferocity as before. Gods above, if anything, this pesky beast was determined!

As Ella tugged at the chains, the cracks continued to spread until one last thwack from Sadei shattered the coffin! The bard staggered out, clearly extremely dazed from the events. "Ella, I'm really sorry you've had to see this... And you, thanks for that last bit. I'll see if I can help you out someday." He tooka a second or two to collect himself, then focused intently on the Shadow to slow it down.

"YOU PIECE OF SHIT! DON'T YOU GET IT! NOBODY CARES ABOUT YOU! NOBODY EVER HAS, AND THEY NEVER WILL! EVEN WITH THAT, YOU'LL ALWAYS BE A SIDENOTE!" The Shadow raged and sent a tombstone racing at the man, but a shaking hand brought up a barrier of winds which halted the attack in its tracks.

"You're wrong, saying that nobody cares. If that was true, why did a random stranger come in here to aid me?" The Shadow struggled to send a few more Tombstones at the group, but it was rapidly losing control.

"Still, you're right. Life will never be fair, and sometimes complete monsters will get away with things without any kind of retribution. And even if I am second best, it just means I have to do what I can to help out the others alongside me. Because in the end, we're all weak. Nobody's strong on their own."

"YOU'LL ALWAYS BE THE ODD MAN OUT! IT HAPPENED WITH YOUR FAMILY, AND I GUARANTEE IT'LL HAPPEN HERE!"

Devon sighed. "You're right. That's something I've got to work on, along with those leadership skills. Heck, those Imps I sent off to mess with the Blackhawke's electrical systems probably didn't do anything. But that's in the past, along with a lot else."

Garm, Mercy

Mercy could only stare in what could only be described as abject fascination as the large dog - wolf she finally decided took apart the bone in a matter of moments, taking a bit of time to clean the meaty bits off of his paws as Mercy stood with her back pressed against the wall.

"*grumble*"

Seriously? Of all the moments it could have chosen, her stomach chose to declare itself as being devoid of food right now?

"Hey - um - puppy - um - you don't have any left overs from that bone do you? Heh - heh - uh - heh." The college aged girl asked rhetorically as she reached into her bag again, hoping for something for herself this time. It took a moment but her hand finally wrapped around something plastic and bag like.

"Pleasepleaseplease!" She begged whomever was listening to her pleas for some sort of food.

"SCORE!" She exclaimed as she fished out a bag of beef jerky. Now if she could only just open the stupid

"*rip! th-thu-thud*" The bag and the beef jerky said as they spilled all over the floor in front of her and the stupid giant dog that kept her from moving.

"I - I - I - *sigh*" She muttered, unable to believe her luck, her lower lip quivering as she looked the dumb dog and then the beef jerky and then the dumb dog once again. Slowly, super slowly, she tried to reach for a piece.

"Grrrr!"

"FINE!!!" Mercy screamed at Garm as she pressed her back against the wall once again.

"*grumble*" Went the girl's stomach once again.

"Shut up!" The College aged courier said to her belly, wondering if she should punch it.

When Devon burst through and began to talk down the Shadow, Ton Ton took this moment to begin charging his most potent attack; dark shadows beginning to emanate from the lantern and envelope the knife, instilling it with an eerie sheen...

In the meantime, Teri offered Devon a shoulder to support himself on, and when denied, nodded quietly, and readied some more spell energy for another attack on the Shadow. Even if Devon was managing to talk it down, there was still a chance it could lash out. As the trio made their slow walk towards the Shadow; Teri swept her arm in an arc,

"REPPU-KEN!"

sending a larger blast than the one before and hitting the Shadow dead on, causing a shriek of pain from the creature.

Teri uses Reppuken: Class 3. 12 seconds till 3rd level spells are available.

Still they proceeded, and still Devon was starting to gain dominance over his inner darkness; his winds being a refreshing change of pace to the gloom of the graveyard.

When they stood before it, it looked up at Devon and cried out,

"YOU'LL ALWAYS BE THE ODD MAN OUT! IT HAPPENED WITH YOUR FAMILY, AND I GUARANTEE IT'LL HAPPEN HERE!"

Devon sighed. "You're right. That's something I've got to work on, along with those leadership skills. Heck, those Imps I sent off to mess with the Blackhawke's electrical systems probably didn't do anything. But that's in the past, along with a lot else."

Teri couldn't help but be proud of her comrade, and shot him a congratulatory smile before catching something in the corner of her eye. Out, from under some rubble, came Ton Ton, with a wicked looking shine to his Knife. Knowing damn well what that was, the Cleric took a step back, and the group watched as the Tonberry stood before the Shadow and said,

"Your words cut like knives, Daemon. I think it's only fair I show you my Chef's Knife in exchange."

And with that, the Knife was plunged deep into the Shadow's torso, and a resounding "DOINK!" filling the air. After another cacophony of screams from the Shadow, Teri looked to her fellow Author and asked quietly,

"We both know how Shadow fights end... Are you ready?"

Garm, Mercy

Garm sniffed the jerky on the floor before him, and lapped up a small piece of his own, eliciting a cry from the courier as he did so. After a few more moments, he allowed the courier to grab a few of the closest pieces to her, while still keeping a trained eye on the girl....

Ella watched with a smile on face as she watched her bard pick himself up from the remains of his coffin and brush himself off. Though he was clearly dazed by the events, he looked ready to take on his Shadow.

"Ella, I'm really sorry you've had to see this... And you, thanks for that last bit. I'll see if I can help you out someday." He said as he prepared himself. The Demi-Succubus considered objecting for a moment and rememebered what had happened the last time she rejected his offer to aid her.

"okay." She said simply as she turned to face the Shadow of Devon's creation.

As Daddy's Cleric and Short Round attacked, Ella made a move of her own, swinging her chains through the air, the end whistling in the wind before she cast them towards the Shadow, wrapping them around the dark creature. Without a word, the Demi-Succubus embedded the Kamas into the trunks of the trees.

"He's all yours, lover. Take him out."

He looked over to the three that had helped him and nodded, although he was impressed that the one chick had played Persona 4 as well. Perhaps it would be worthwhile to get to know her later.

"Look, I know I've got a lot od stuff I liked keeping away. The problem is, I always tended to push that aside to help someone else out. So when I lost everything after the events that happened in Wyoming and all of that stuff with Slender, I just decided to push that aside and see if I could help others out, even though I should've went to someone else for help. Still, I know now that was the wrong choice to make. And in a really fucked-up way, I'm always going to have your anger inside of me. After all, we are one and the same."

Right as it looked like he was going to shake hands with the Shadow Devon, he punched it in the face. "Although that shit that happened to Jenny and Ton-Ton? Not. Cool. That's not how it should be used, and you... we know it." After that, he shook his Shadow's hand.

As this talk finished, Ton-Ton helpfully informed Teri about how the tombstones being damaged wasn't a good thing. Not too far from her, she could see one with her name cleanly sliced in half. Although a lot of the others that had been damaged were pulverized, there was a chance to fix this one.

Listening carefully to Devon's words, Teri's eyes widened in shock; and remembered something that she had long since brushed off as a figure of speech, on a fateful day in her dorm:

"As for why I'm here, well, that whole Slender event wiped everyone I used to know off the map. Luckily I still had some cash saved up, but I'm just gonna see if I can regain my footing here."

She covered her mouth in shock, and in an attempt to hide her feelings, wandered over to the Tombstone and cast Make Whole on it, bringing the Tombstone back to it's normal state, if a little grainy feeling. However, the spell was not enough to distract her from the tears running down her face. He had suffered with that for so long, and she had just brushed him off like that.... Her back still to the Bard and Demi-succubus, Teri spoke softly, her shoulders shaking as she did so,

"Devon... I... I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I didn't understand you at the time, but I-... I thought you meant us. The Authors. I thought you meant we were scattered. Not your family, or your friends..."

Had Slindis and Rugal not been there for her when she found out the news of those (formerly) connected to her, what would she have done? How would she have survived?

"I wouldn't have. My Shadow would probably have done something like this too."

She wanted to say more, but her thoughts were too jumbled, too chaotic. She was supposed to be a good friend to her fellow Authors, and what happened? Mark was missing, Jake had disappeared, Darren an emotional wreck, Ryan was god knows where, Daniel had died and now Devon..? Some friend she was.

Devon patted Teri on the back and spoke to her in a tired voice, ignoring the shooting pain going through his head. "Don't worry, Teri. I'm not mad at you, and I'm glad I could help you at the end when it came to the Bruiser incident... oh no. Teri, we need to get out of here and check up on Jenny. She's probably not doing too good..."

Right after, he turned to Ella. "I think I'll be seeing you soon, Ella." After he said that, a small portal appeared within the graveyard, providing a soothing blue light.

"Ladies and Tonberries first." He swayed as he bowed, still dazed from what had happened.

Devon, Garm, Jenny, Mercy, Teri, Ton Ton

"I'm so gonna OM NOM NOM NOM NOM right now!" came the sounds from the college girl's mouth as the giant dog, her Mercy's eternal gratefulness, allowed her to grab a couple pieces of the beef jerky. Picking the thin slice of dried beef up, she noticed a couple of dog hairs on it, and then a couple more, and then a bunch more.

"Augh!" She screamed in frustration as she looked at the Giant Wolf/Dog/Thing and looked back at the piece of hairy beef jerky that she had picked up off the floor.

"*Sigh*" The girl sighed and tossed the jerky to the Garm.

"I hope this Devon guy wakes up soon. I really need to have someone get this mutt away from me." The Courier muttered aloud.

"*COUGH COUGH COUGH* Sputtered Devon as he began waking up, his face still wet from the snow globe soaking he had received earlier.

"I hope that I get a million dollars!" The girl exclaimed loudly, looking towards the ceiling for a million dollars to suddenly appear... and nothing.

"Oh fine."

The others started waking up as well and as patient as Mercy could be, she waited for the group to wake up and get the dog away from her.

"HEY YOU GUY! HEY HEY! SOMEONE GET THIS DOG AWAY FROM ME!" She screamed when her patience had ended, 5 seconds later.

As the others started stirring, pinched the skin directly above his nose. "I don't mean to be rude, but could you please explain what you're doing in here, Ma'am?" Garm went back over to Terias the man wiped the water off of his face.

As everyone managed to defeat his Shadow, Devon looked and found Jenny passed out on the bed next to him, a rather nasty festering burn on her arm from where the Houndoom had burned her.
Clearly, the strain of it all, the burning, reliving captivity, everything had taken it's toll as she lay there, having somewhat pained breaths from it all.

Rugal, Slindis

Closing the door behind them as Luptio watched in the corner, Rugal sat down next to Slindis.
"Sounds like this Sadei is important to you...Tell me who she is, help me understand..." He said, offering a hand to hold.
Clearly this development had shook her to the core.

Garm gave a happy whine to see his Pup up and running again, and lowered himself for the Cleric to ease Jenny's body onto the wolf's back. Teri crawled up on the wolf's back as well, and said to Devon, "Whoever she is, if she wanted us dead, she would have done something already. Otherwise, Garm wouldn't be this relaxed. Anyways, I'm going to take Jenny to the Med Bay and I'll see if I can work on that burn of hers."

Before leaving, she shot Devon a glance, and said quietly, "And... If you need to talk to somebody, I'm all ears. Promise."

She gave a nod to Devon and Ton Ton and then directed Garm out of the room, making sure to duck for the doorway.

After she left, Ton Ton turned to Devon and patted his leg; "Glad to see you doing better, Mr. Devon. That Daemon in your mind was one of the nastiest things I've fought to date. Are you going to be alright?"

Devon called over to Teri before she left. "Teri, I really hate to ask this, but is there any way that you could try to treat Jenny's burn? One of then was kind of caused by a Houndoom, so it's gonna be really tough to treat, but I didn't want that to happen to her at all..."

After they left, Devon picked up Ton-Ton and sat the Tonberry down on the bed next to him. "I'd be lying if I said I know that I would be alright. There was a lot of stuff there, and lots of it that I didn't really want anybody to see. Plus, you're a tough little trooper, Ton-Ton. A hell of a lot tougher than I was, at least." He laughed before rubbing Ton-ton's head and offered a seat to the College student in the room.

Rugal, Slindis

Slindis looked at the man next to her as Lupito kept a watch on the door. "Remember how I knew people back in Eberron? Sadei... was my godchild. I was supposed to watch over her if her mother couldn't and her mother was one of my few friends back in Eberron... Some parent I am, right?"

Melethia
Seeing the shifted Tajuh act completely calm at the complete gender shift, she was officially Freaked The Hell Out. Before anyone could really notice, she slipped over to where Teri was and looked a bit rattled.

Jenny was soon dropped off at the Medical Bay, The Authors convincing the staff there not to tell Blade for fear of a violent reaction, settling on the story of it being a minor burn caused by a mix of Sake and a hot stove.
She would need something to remove the pain of the Houndoom's curse, but her burn was easily treated otherwise.
As they conversed, Devon's head began to hurt slightly.

"WESKER! DOOM'S GETTING DOMINO'S WHILE WE WAIT FOR THE POWER TO GET BACK ON. YOU WANT ANYTHING!?"
"JUST SOME OF THAT NICE GARLIC BREAD...OH, AND SOME COOKIES!"
"I'LL HAVE A 4 SEASONS PIZZA ON TOP OF WHATEVER YOUR GETTING!"
"TELL THE DELIVERY GUY TO PICK UP SOME SOME PROTEIN SHAKES ON THE WAY OVER!"
"AND SOME CHOCOLATE MILK FOR RODEM!"

Reeling from the yelling, he heard Dr. Doom then say "-And bring it to these Coordinates, you got a pen and paper?"
He then suddenly grabbed a pen and paper and took down the location of AIM's base, a island in the Gulf of Mexico.
Before he could process this, another voice spoke.
Go get them...and it's okay. I don't blame you, we all have our dark times...Now go...and please don't slam the door on the way out, I'm trying to sleep here...
After hearing those words, he looked back and saw that Jenny had a little smile all of a sudden as she slept.

Rugal

"Yes, Yes you are a good parent and don't tell yourself otherwise." Rugal said as he turned her face towards him.
"You can't keep blaming yourself. Now...We'll ask and if it really is the same Sadei you spoke of, then that's okay, She's alive. And if it isn't, Move on. No friend or relative of yours would want to see you suffering like this."

Pages PREV 1 . . . 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 . . . 875 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here