The Escapist Avatar Adventure: An Open RP (Now Re-Opened!)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 . . . 830 NEXT

Time: Standard Noontime

Lucieon | Kalastryn | Cadolbolg | Melethia | Jenny

Melethia tried the poffin, but she found it a bit too sweet for her liking. "Miss Jenny, do you have something with a bit more kick? I mean, something a bit more sour?I mean, I know if ya don't have one, but I think I'd really like one." As she handed the rest of the Poffin over to Cadolbolg, Melethia gave Ton-Ton's words the token amount of thought. We;;, I dunno why Ton-Ton wants to make the world safe when it isn't. After all, no matter what, there's always someone or something wanting to exploit the weaknesses that people have. He's actively making it worse for himself.

Devon, Ton-Ton

Devon took a long time to think before answering this question, clearly trying to pick the right words. "Well, I think there's a lot behind the scenes that really needs to be brought up, and even then I'm still really hazy on the details. But if we're going to start the discussion on her, I need to get this out of the way: As Teri was your Author, I was hers. Hate me if you feel the need to, little man. I certainly deserve it with the hell she probably went through."

Teri, Sadei, Slindis, Lupito, Garm

Slindis fed Lupito some beef and water as she took a look around in the tense room. "Okay, what happened in here?" Lupito joined Garm in the sniffing around after having the food, checking on those there.

Kazuya | Gilliam

He had calmed down some as he addressed the question. "YOu greatly overestimate my strength, Kazuya. If nothing else, I'm a promoter of the health of the greater multiverse. The last situation involving the Tomoya forces was one that could have easily spread around, even if the sides that should have been able to do something were more concerned in glory or the politics of the situation. By those people, of course, I do not mean those that I directly aided through the deployments."

"And that was quite impressive with your wooden person, as it were.My Sprout's still growing, but I'll show you her in full bloom."

Rugal

"I wouldn't expect anything less." Rugal answered as he took a moment to gaze out of the bridge, pondering his next move.
"Anyway, I'm going to hit the training room, Want to use my form before some strange event mutates it again." He added, doing a quick flex of his near flawless form, clearly glad to have it back after being reverted to his 20s less then a day ago.
"...Care to join me? I might be able to show you a thing or two away from the Blade." He suggested, laying down a challenge to the resident sword master.

Jenny

Jenny watched as Ton Ton stormed off, feeling after awkward after the argument between him and Meletha, feeling her incorrect comment about the Mistress being safe didn't help much.
Letting out a sigh before bring over a more sour Poffin to Melethia, she answered Slindis "It's Ton Ton, he's worrying about someone in his own Realm. Poor thing..."
She then just looked down absently as Cadolbolg munched on the Sweet Poffin.
"So how are you holding? Glad to have "Graduated"?" She asked the mother and daughter, referring to AA High and hoping to take the tension out of the air.

Kazuya

Kazuya let out a "*Humf!*" in relation to the Striders.
"The Striders are more often then not concerned only for themselves, something they have inherited from their ancestors. I can't blame them, but I do feel like they miss the big picture. Still, they had a Space Station, we clearly needed it. Even if it only for their own earth based operations, they still helped to save it." He explained as he pocketed his Poke-Ball.
"I apologize for my lack of trust, Just I'm wary of groups like yours. This is a world constantly in turmoil, I have to do what I can. Still, I feel now we can cooperate more in the future.
And I'm sure Mokujin would like that."
He said before pulling out the notepad tablet that Gilliam had suggested earlier.
"How many would you have in your command and what resources and weapons do you have access to?"

Rugal | Caim

"...Care to join me? I might be able to show you a thing or two away from the Blade." He suggested, laying down a challenge to the resident sword master.

Caim smirked, and followed after Rugal, adding quietly, "So long as you're not afraid of getting cut."

After the two reached the training room, and Rugal started doing his warm up stretches, Caim paused, and asked, "One question. Are we allowing magic in this?"

Rugal snorted at the question and waved a hand dismissively, "Not sure what good it'll do ya, but if your to get the points for effort..."

With a small nod, the Prince of Caerleon placed a hand on his familial blade and his eyes glazed over as his mind went in the Armory. From the five minutes that the King of Fighters took to completely warm himself up, he noticed that Caim had not moved a single muscle from his position, the hand still laying one the blade in the sheath. After another moment, the blank eyes blinked and refocused upon his opponent. Unsheathing his blade and taking up a proper fighting position, Caim's stare was enough to let Rugal know his readiness for battle.

Canteen

"It's Ton Ton, he's worrying about someone in his own Realm. Poor thing..."
She then just looked down absently as Cadolbolg munched on the Sweet Poffin.
"So how are you holding? Glad to have "Graduated"?" She asked the mother and daughter, referring to AA High and hoping to take the tension out of the air.

Teri felt a pang of guilt as Jenny mentioned Ton Ton's current concerns, and forced herself to focus upon her sandwich, her eyes to the table as her Tablet rattled of in her stead (a handy way to handle communication when one's mouth was full), "I'm glad we're out. I always hated high school."
Finishing the sandwich quickly, and chugging down some water after it, she continued verbally, "Aside from that, me and Garm here were just training with Mum. I'm sore, but that's to be expected. How about you guys?"

Cadolbolg finished the poffin with a smile and spoke up, "I'm doing okay, and thank you for the snack, Friend Jenny. I never had anything like that before!"

Ton Ton, Devon

Ton Ton thought for a moment about his Author in question, remembering how he turned down the chance to return right away with the childish thought that an answer would be so easy to find. Boy, he was regretting that now... Still, his thoughts turned again to Melethia and Devon, and said quietly, "I don't hate you any more than I hate Ms. Teri, Mr. Devon and she was my Author. I don't think I could hate you anyway. You're so nice, and you're willing to listen to what people have to say. I bet, if anything, you didn't what was going on when you were Authoring, did you? That's what Ms. Teri told me when we were hiding in the Pub from Red Mage. She didn't know we were real at all, and was sorry that she had caused all the trouble. Isn't that right about you too, Mr. Devon?"

With those bright eyes looking up at Devon, the bard could see that the Tonberry really believed what he said, especially after the time himself and Cadolbolg had spent with the former Author. Time and again, the bard was kind and helpful to the Tonberry, and Ton Ton held his faith in his friend in kind.

snip

snip

Kalastryn thought for a moment on what Ton Ton had said, and what Mele had said to provoke it. "In all honesty Mele, I agree with him. Our world may not have ever been safe, but I'll be damned if I wouldn't try for making a peaceful life in it otherwise. You may take enjoyment from action and adventure... hell I've heard the stories about how you ran an infamous gauntlet with ease that no sailor or pirate that went to three-barrel cove dared face if they had an ounce of doubt... but I have to say... I'm less impressed, than I am sorry for such a situation."

She let out a sigh.

"You say "the world isn't safe" as though this is a universal law of nature... maybe it is, but that doesn't mean any less that it should be. Let me share something with you... while you were often out making names for yourself, finding it fun, and many people being impressed with you... Your mother would have been so proud, were it not for the fact that if you ran into too much trouble and she wasn't there, and you died, she'd have nothing left, and she'd never see you again. So I'm going to level with you here. To be perfectly honest, you only have these abilities because you were forced too. I've done some studying a long time ago, and you'd be surprised how much trouble you were in on a daily basis just walking around in the city."

A hint of anger, mixed with a lot of concern in her voice as she continued.

"Yet before you say that might have been a good thing, that it might have made you stronger... why did we live in a world in which a child would have to be strong enough to defend herself? Why were Blood of Vol cultists and their emerald claw allies all over the city looking for you? It wasn't to get your autograph because of your deeds. I'll say that much, as that's to the extent of what I know on that subject. Back onto the subject of your capabilities, I fail to understand what has made you this way. You look at weakness and strength as such necessary things to gauge like some sort of warlord, and your only around 16 as you just said! Your eyes constantly wandered around rooms, even back home, as though you thought there was a live bomb! With how our world made you, you'd probably even have liked that so you could test your skills turning it off! That's NOT the kind of life a child should be put through, I don't CARE how cruel a world is, at the end of the day... it shouldn't be all you know! It's to the point where when that trick in Biology class that was pulled, you were one of the first people to leap to action in destroying them!"

"You've always been the most prepared, the most combat ready, some would even say, and they wouldn't be that wrong, the most paranoid, and it's served you well in the respect of you being able to overcome any person or creature that comes your way with ill intent... but look at the COST! Your friends back home were pirates, who I hate to say, if they knew how much a bird as rare as you were worth... well the price you'd fetch to the right people would make their mouths so wet they wouldn't think ONCE about selling you out!

Your mother was constantly worried you were going to get kidnapped by evil people, OR WORSE! Finally, at the end of the day, you don't know how to deal with people in ways that don't gauge how strong or weak they, or their friends are! I understand completely why Ton Ton is angry with you, you said that protecting the person he most holds dear to him was promoting weakness! No, she isn't weak for her world, her world wasn't as savage as ours, where such "weakness" may have been permitted.

No, you've pushed yourself to the point where Slindis couldn't have provided you with the childhood she wanted you to have, because your mind is as cynical as an adult who has only known cruelty, and your hands are quicker to your swords than you even have time to say hello, or try to make a single friend, instead of comrades to follow you to war against the world you see as so much a savage place as our own. You won't find Minotaurs ready to charge at Ton Ton's mistress, or trolls ready to eat her friends, so she doesn't HAVE to be as strong as you did, and sometimes I wish you never did have to be as strong as you are. A normal childhood only sounds boring to you because you've seen things you find fun, that are never worth a child laying eyes on... how many human skeletons have you seen laying around a monster's lair you went to slay... I guarantee each of them was someone who failed to do the same, and you could have too...

no one should be put through that, even I find it terrifying sometimes! Yet you've been so mislead throughout your life as to think what you've gone through was a necessary evil in a world filled with it to the point where rarely if ever an angel dared to set foot. I'm sorry for ranting like this to you, but to me my words are nothing but the truth. How many other children your age do you see striking down a dragon? None... that's because they are the lucky ones who don't have to be strong, because their parents are for them. Slindis always wanted this kind of life for you, one where you could be as carefree as them, instead of seeking such glory as doing things the devil wouldn't dare face! You may be brave and strong, but I hate to say it, your hardly to be idolized."

She said, unable to take the sting out of her words, deciding not to go further in digging up an issue that had been under her skin for so long... for once in her life... she felt like she truly was what her nature dictates... a villain that would be willing to say such things to both a little girl, and her friend. There was no taking it back though, it's said and done, and from her eyes the truth. She didn't want to lie when she shared her opinion on the matter of Ton Ton's protection, so she wasn't going to be lied to either. She sat there in silence for a moment, awaiting Mele's reaction to her rant. For the first time in a long time, she felt scared to be around Mele, this time not only for being the daughter of the highest paladin of her clergy... but afraid what mental scars she could have left on her friend...

Canteen

As Kalastryn waited for a response, Mel went for her bag and grabbed a combined FLashbang and smoke grenade, covering her escape into the other sections of the ship. Finding her would be especially difficult seeing as she knew the ship's varied systems like the back of her hand.

The moment Slindis recovered, she gave an icy cold stare to Kalastryn. "For better or for for worse I am her mother. If you have things to say to her, you can address them to me. And there are some things I will let her keep secret."

Devon, Ton-Ton

He sighed. "It doesn't fix having enemies from every angle from the moment you were born, Ton-Ton. And that's what my dumb ass did to Mel. I can't help her, nor do I have any right to do so."

Kazuya | Gilliam

Gilliam nodded. "Completely understandable, Kazuya. Honestly, I would have ideally sent them to a station you commanded, but your conglomerate hasn't gotten that far yet. To answer that next question, though, Quality surpasses Quantity. The only issue I had achieving my end was ensuring the movements were clandestine, since others would rather me be subservient to their causes." He took a casual look around, searching in particular for any archangel agents.

Storm/Sean & Alpha/Miku (Physical body)
Time: Bow Chicka Bow Wow

The room belonging to Storm and Alpha was full of darkness, they shut the curtains when they came in.
Two bodies slept next to each other peacefully, finally knowing their feelings for each other.
This allow for both partner's fears to be forgotten for now, though they will come back.
For now they had enjoyed their romantic moment and were sleeping in the same bed.

This was ruined by banging on the door, which awoke Storm since he was a light sleeper due to soldier training.
"Yes ... coming~ The hell would ruin this moment for us." Storm said as he rose up from the bed muttering. He looked to the side of him to see his partner, a smile appeared on his face again, which was happening recently. His fear was the fear of time, "How long will this peace last?" was the question he asked.

Getting out of the bed he could clearly see clothes scattered in each corner of the room, this made him blush but confused since he couldn't find his clothes in this darkness. Shrugging he grabbed some kind of cloth hanging from a chair and wrapped it around his lower region. Opening the door wide he saw David, "Yes, what do you want ... I'm kinda ... busy here." Storm said to him in a annoyed tone.

From David's perspective he could see ...
1. A dark room.
2. Tops, bottoms and one pair of stripped panties.
3. A mostly naked Storm except ...
4. A towel ... mostly David's towel was covering his nether regions.

Storm did not know anything about that towel being David's.
He only received it from "An anonymous source"

EDITED IN:

Tomoya.
Time: Midday.

During Tomoya's busy work schedule as a electrician he felt a cold breeze a sneezed.
His older partner asked him if something was wrong. "(No, nothing like that.)" He said to him as he screwed in a bolt since he was at the top of a light post fixing the main circuiting.

Thanks to his many years as the master/Archangel of Lightning he was able to finish his job much more quickly, even his veteran partner was impressed with him. Tomoya still knew he wasn't at the top of that hill, though he wondered what was happening in the AA, shrugging the thought off his mind he already knew he left that world.

bluecrimson:
snip

Kalastryn let out a sigh and returned to Slindis with. "I know that, though after what I've said and done, I don't think any apology in the world would make up for it. I'll have you be the first to know, however... that even if Mele hates me now... tell her I'm sorry would you? I have a feeling she won't want to see me, much less listen to an apology from me. However, may I ask one thing?

Was I truly wrong to dis-illusion her of the fantasy that this type of thing is... "fun?" I don't mean to offend you, or her when I ask that... however, I can't even pretend to ignore this. A child has more skill than me... not that I'm envious, but rather... depressed. If all the good in our world survived, our friends, families, and anyone worth hailing as a hero... if they survived what happened to it... would you mind that it is now gone?"

"I understand I probably don't have the right to ask that question... but in honesty... among all the monsters willing to tear us apart, or strip us of our sanity... if the people there who would do the same thing on a routine basis if they could... I can't help but feel I'm alone in the judgement that maybe it was always deserving of destruction... that there was so little an amount of goodness in that world, that someone decided it had to disappear... and that they wouldn't be that wrong. Still, I don't know why I went off on Mele like that. I understand however, that this presents no excuse. I understand there were things you wished to keep secret to Mele, and I had no place to open her eyes to them. But with that said, I find it so... wrong... that such a world turned an innocent girl like Mele into someone that feels the need to be stronger than anyone she knows. Our world made us stronger than most when you compare us to some of them in this one... but I almost wish you and her were born here, away from the madness that made her mature so early, and was so cruel to the two of us. I used to assume I would go to hell when I died when I lived there... no. Our world had always been hell. This may be biased from my personal experience, but you and both cannot deny that besides what friends allies and families we had and were worth having... it was a place almost entirely devoted to cruelty."

she apologizes, and explains with a much calmer tone than she had before, looking instead as though she were about to cry after her outburst... she then walked off and to her room. Even if she would have wanted sympathy from Slindis, she couldn't help but feel undeserving of it anymore.

Rugal

As he set up the training room for their sparring match, Rugal took off his suit jacket as per custom and hung it up on a hook in the wall, before letting his body relax for the fight ahead, it's been a while since he got the chance to really cut loose in such a battle and he was keen to make the most of it.
Sensing that Caim was ready for battle, he nodded and said "It's time to show you how lethal a man's bare hands can really be..."

On that cue, he rushed in with a "Senkugoshoha!", trying to use his speed to get a free attack in.

David

David was...less than pleased to see his timeless Angel artifact being used to cover Storm's modesty.
"...Really?...This is happening?..." He asked as he facepalmed at the idea of Storm breaking into his room for the sole purpose of stealing a towel.
"...Look, I'm not in the mood to deal with this right now, just go put some pants on, drop that in a sink of hot soapy water and give it back to me. Or is there some BS rule about making sure us "Mortals" don't steal Angelic bathroom products?" He jabbed, seeing how he was going to leave the Rising Dawn for a calmer life, he wasn't going to worry about pissing off anyone he didn't like.

Jenny

"...While you do that, I'll just...Look for Melethia..." Jenny nervously stated to Slindis and Kalastryn as she took the chance to get out of the room, not really wanting to see the outcome of these 2 friends fighting.
"Also, you're welcome Cadolbolg, There is a fridge full of them in the back!" she added before she left, sighing as yet another dispute began between crew members.
Pushing that behind her, she focused on the task of finding the wayward elf, hoping she'd be able to help her at least.

Kazuya

"An understandable fear..." Kazuya responded as he took those notes down.
"About other realms, how many would you have access to and how much ease of travel do you enjoy?" He added, hoping to pick up a few things for this own inter-realm travel operations.

Teri, Garm, Cadolbolg

After the smoke cleared Teri looked around the Canteen in confusion, very much feeling locked out of the loop to all the goings on. From what she could gather, her younger sister and Ton Ton had gotten into a fight about something, which sparked some kind of ire from Kalastryn, which then triggered Mel dropping the bomb... Literally. With the smoke ruining what scent Garm could have picked up on, Teri figured that things would have to be done the old fashioned way; getting up and looking about. Teri looked to Slindis from her seat and said, "So, we should get looking, right? I don't know what just happened, or half the stuff Kal just said. Obviously, some kinda shit went down... But even then, if Mel doesn't want to be found.... Mum, what should we do?"

After that line of though, Teri left the Canteen and breathed a heavy sigh. Things were never peaceful for long on the Dawn, were they? As she thought about their situation, the Cleric called out to her AI, "Dimitri, you got access to the cameras and the sensors. Look for Mel. She's run off somewhere..."

"Estimated time of scan, 5 minutes. Commencing search now. Results shall appear on my physical apparatus as it updates.."

Teri nodded, and looked to Slin again, "I know it's not much, but it's a start, right?"

In the meantime, Cadolbolg helped himself to the poffins Jenny mentioned earlier, still not quite aware entirely of what was going on... Why was everyone yelling anyways? Why couldn't everyone just sit down and be happy for five minutes?

Caim, Rugal

Caim expected the King of Fighters to make the first move, and initiated a dodge roll to the side, dipping into the wheel as he went along, and pulling out Wisdom, a staff that was approximately arm's length. Following that, Caim brought the staff hard against the King of Fighters' shoulder. And although the hit connected, to Rugal surprise, it barely hurt at all. In fact, it was practically a love tap. What was Caim playing at?! Was he... Dare he think he needed to go easy on Rugal Bernstein? Now that was just low, even for Caim.

Devon, Ton Ton

Ton Ton's head was tilted in curiosity at Devon's statement, and had an odd mental image of Melethia fighting off some unknown enemy in diapers and shook his head in confusion. That couldn't have been what Devon meant. So, he asked, "You mean like Daemons? I know ever since I was born, I had to fight them. So Ms. Melethia is the same way?"

Canteen

Slindis held her head in her hands as the search started. "Sometimes I don't know exactly what to do with Melethia, Teri. It's not like Kalastryn wasn't voicing things that I've thought from time to time, but what do I do? The only way I could have done more to keep her safe would be to keep her in a Forcecage, but that would have only made her hate me... How can I keep her safe when she's the one rushing headlong into danger? At least onboard here, I can keep a somewhat good eye on her.

Have Dimitri search in the alternate paths of the ship. Ventilation, maintenance pathways, those should be the main focuses." She slumped near Lupito, trying to think of what she would do now. And as Teri thought of asking her mom for more, there was a realization for her... This wasn't the kind of thing that happened out of the blue. There could be the very real possibility that she'd always had to deal with this kind of thing with Melethia.

Devon, Ton-Ton

He nodded, seeming extremely hesitant to get near Ton-Ton. "I'd say it's even worse, since it was probably her own race attacking her family. Now, I can't say for sure, but in that kind of environment, you'd have to be ready for a fight at any time. I mean, Mages could be disguising themselves as family members, you'd have spells sent to cripple the defenses... I don't think there ever was a childhood for her, Ton-Ton. And you're looking at the cause of it. I don't even have the right to help her with it - not that my help would be accepted if I offered to."

Jenny and the hunt for Green October (Melethia)

Jenny found a small clue of some scuff marks by one of the vents, which could mean that Melethia went through there. However, Jenny had heard rumors from a few of the imps that Melethia had spent a lot of time trapping the various areas of the Rising Dawn, and this was corroborated by Raven's complaints about having to make his way through these traps. It definitely wouldn't be easy...

Kazuya | Gilliam

Gilliam kept an eye out for agents from the archangels and hellish minions as he dropped the metaphorical bomb. "The better question would be what realms I don't have access too, although the realm of Ranch Dressing is always an odd one to see. It's not too difficult, although the difficult part was ensuring it couldn't be traced back."

Storm/Sean & Alpha/Miku (Physical body)
Time: ?

A half awake Storm was standing at the door while David complained about the towel and the Angels.
"Yes, yes I'll clean it ... ugh, can I-" Storm muttered but was interrupted by the jab.
"I'm not even apart of them anymore, I'm not an Angel ... at all. I'm just your average genetically enhanced superhuman who was abducted from a small age ... and now I'm here. So don't you worry about this Angel towel, they probably have infinite amount ... and a newer model too. This might be a relic but whatever." Storm said.

Once he started to close the door out of pure annoyance he opened it slightly again.
"I guess you are leaving then, I don't blame you ... I mean Tomoya left to go to back to his family ..." A short pause past, "But we all know what happened to him ... don't we." Sean finally said and closed the door.

Entering back into the dark room he could clearly see his beloved waking up, eyes half open and very innocent looking.
"Who ... was that?" She said as a bit of the sheet covering her slid down. Predator eyes were once more engaged as Storm leaped onto the bed once more.

Shawn.

The harsh outside air of the Rising Dawn hit the face of the Lone Wanderer.
How long has it been since he has felt this kind of fresh air.
"Ah right ... Project Purity." Shawn remembered the time he activated and finished his father's work. The Ranger helmet was taken off so the so called "Messiah" of the wastes can actually enjoy a non-apocalyptic life.

"For one I don't have to take a single glance at someone to shoot them." He said and laid back on the roof of the Rising Dawn to catch some sleep. He stayed back on the Rising Dawn, he said to his other brothers that it would be safer if two of them were inside, one public and one hiding.

Rugal

Oh you poor bastard... Rugal thought as Caim seemed to go easy on him, if he had done this before he defected to the side of good, he'd be so dead right now.
To prove that underestimating him was a horrible tactical choice, he grabbed the staff with his hand and used it to lift the soldier over his head before slamming him down on the ground.
"You could have taken my head off there. You should have taken my head off. Don't think because I've turned against the evil I endorsed that I've gone soft!" He taunted as before using his grip on the staff to slide him across the ground several feet back, resetting their positions.

Hoping to get a reaction from him, he then threw out a "REPPU-KEN!", causing a Ki projectile to race towards him.

Jenny

Seeing the marks near the vents, Jenny came to the logical conclusion that Melethia was in the vents.
"Melethia?...Melethia?" she asked twice, one verbally, one mentally, as she examined the vent.
"...Nope, this isn't a bad idea at all..." she lied as she crawled down and made her way inside.
"You there? I've nothing against you wanting to be alone, just want to make sure that if you need help that we can assist you. That's all." She sent as she kept crawling through the vents, her knees killing her already.

David

"...Tch, Kids these days..." David remarked, aware of the irony of judging others for something he'd most likely do.
Still, at least he knew where it was and where to put the bullet if Storm didn't wash it.
So he returned to his room to pack the rest of his things.
Eh, least he's getting some. I'll give him that much... He thought as he went about his business.

Kazuya

Kazuya paused for a moment at that bombshell, realizing the possible implications that caused for him and this world.
"...I see. We are just working on basic portals, just enough to get us through tough situations or retrieval missions. It'll be many years before we'll be able to join the other realms level of travel." He stated as he made another note.
"Your views on this realm? I'd like to think that we aren't just a insignificant speck to your organisation...."

Canteen

Teri did as asked and typed out that memo to Dimitri, and then thought for another moment about what Slindis had said to her, Garm taking up position in trying to comfort Slin with warm nose bumps to the hand. After all, if petting him helped calm his Pup down, perhaps the same could be said of the Mother Alpha?

As Garm tried to help Slindis calm down, Teri spoke up, keeping her dictation careful as she asked, "So you're saying she's always been like this? And, you wanted her to do otherwise? .... Forgive me if I sound forward, but... How old was she when you adopted her? No offense, but she doesn't look anything like you, so I just guessed. Feel free to correct me though."

Devon, Ton-Ton

Ton Ton looked at Devon, confusion crossing his brow as all of this was being explained to him, "... So her family was attacked even when she was a baby? ... I understand that was a time before now, and... Well, you don't seem happy about it happening, but I have to ask. Why? Did you not know she was living? That she was a real person?"

Devon could see the conflict filling the Tonberry as he asked these things, hurt filling his voice as it edged with a tinge of betrayal, especially when he asked, "I know you. You're a good person. I don't understand..."

Caim, Rugal

Despite the dull pain filling him, Caim stood up again, his gaze fully trained on the King of Fighters before him. Still, Rugal had seen that Caim had not swapped weapons as he rolled to the side to avoid the Reppuken coming his way. As the Ki blast hit the wall, the warrior had already started up a charge, teeth gritted together as he lept into the air and brought the staff down onto the floor, a sonic blast knocking Rugal off balance. Caim took this chance and rolled around Rugal and began to apply more smackdown with the staff (what little damage it did anyway) before finding himself shoved back by a rather large fist to the chest. Thankfully, Caim's armor stood firm, or else he might have had other problems to deal with. Furthermore, whatever insults or banter the blond threw his way were met with silence, true to how he would have acted if the King of Fighters really meant to kill him. That silence was all any who fell to his blade deserved, and Rugal was no exception, even if this situation was hypothetical. Rolling Wisdom in his hands, Caim could sense that his plan was very quickly coming to fruition, and with about 2 or 3 more strikes, he could let Rugal know why he bothered to strengthen this sad excuse of a club.

bluecrimson:
snip

Kalastryn let out a sigh and took herself out of her room, ending the rather short isolation. Melethia could be anywhere, and there were more important things than feeling sorry. Still, for the things she felt she couldn't say in her apology, she took out a pen and some paper, and started writing.

"Dear Mele,

I understand what I said to you was wrong... that maybe you shouldn't have heard that information. While I know I can't take it back, I want you to know you have my apologies. I guess what I was trying to say about those two worlds, while I shouldn't have used you as an example, was that in many worlds it's not necessary to be stronger than someone else, or to have no weaknesses. All worlds will have their villains, and after what I said to you, I feel like one. I'm sorry.

-Kalastryn

She then put it in an envelope and walked to Mele's room, putting it on her bed, and starting to look for her.

Canteen

She rubbed Garm's fur as Lupito sat nearby as well, although it wasn't doing all that much to help. "Tira, yes... What caretaker can be proud to say that her daughter specializes in killing at that age? It's only been a year of separation on her part from how she looks, but even having her act like that as a ten year old is too much.

Not to mention keeping her tied down anywhere either requires something along the lines of a Forcecage or preventing use of her limbs altogether... Believe me, I tried to keep her locked in her room in the small organization me and Kalastryn were a part of. She ended up bolstering the defenses there a lot, even though the fortifications were at the time some of the best in the area."

Dimitri's scan came back with no real sightings of Melethia, although there were a good number of heat readings in the ventilation shafts. The trick would be isolating the child's heat signature from all of the fire jets she had set up through the ventilation network to get rid of any intruders taking that path.

Devon, Ton-Ton

Devon sighed as he responded. "At the time, it was an online game. I know it doesn't excuse it at all, but at the time I was only going for an interesting character. I'm not even sure how all of those details laid out the way they were, but even with her past I thought she was supposed to be fairly cheerful. Goes to show what little I knew, right? The most I can do to help is by staying away from her, because I don't have the right to do anything else. If nothing else, she's the best example of how little I know when it comes to this kind of thing."

Jenny and the hunt for Green October (Melethia)

Jenny noticed as she kept crawling that there was an acrid stench of fire throughout the vents. Her mental contact was unanswered, but Jenny did notice a small path that Melethia might have taken to the left.

Kazuya | Gilliam

Gilliam calmly responded. "Well, there are actually very few realms that get that technology, but be warned: when you start moving up to a massive scale, there's massive instability issues that you will have to work out. However, this realm's an interesting one. It certainly seems to act as a hub for a good number of accidental interdimensional travelers."

Rugal

Letting out an audible sigh, Rugal went on the defensive as Caim advanced with his club, blocking and deflecting each attack as they came in, unknowingly building up the magic within.
"Oh come on! I got hit by kids with sticks of bamboo that hurt more than this!" He added before he leapt up and went for a "Jaguar Kick!", his heel about to come down on his skull.

Jenny

"*Sniff Sniff*...Melethia?!...." Jenny shouted, the smell of burning unsettling her a little.
Please tell me I'm not in the middle of a minefield... she thought as she set up a little "Box" of Reflect barriers around her person before pressing on, wishing she had the foresight to bring a flashlight.

Kazuya

"I'm not worried about that. By the time we get to that level, I'm certain that we will both be long dead..." Kazuya answered, though honestly, he wasn't sure how old Gilliam really was.
"Also How would you feel about me loaning my best researcher to your ranks? He is well versed in Inter-realm travel and edger to learn more..."

Kalastryn

The Tiefling Wizard's search was met with very little from just walking around in the halls - it was only a small hope, but then again Melethia hadn't been known to take the obvious routes at the best of times. With her mad? THere would be no way in Khyber that she'd be out in the open.

Jenny

Jenny's reflect barriers immediately paid off as a rather massive burst of fire impacted them. However, they didn't block all of it, and the Gardevoir flinched before she noticed that the Flames hardly touched her... What had defended her? After all, she wasn't really resistant to flames, and she wasn't wearing much besides those comfy boots she'd gotten a while ago. Still, she could faintly hear Mel's thoughts in the distance for a moment.

Kazuya

Gilliam seemed highly reluctant to answer. "I'd like to be able to, but there's the very real risk that could pop up from this happening too soon. Think of what would happen if some of the more unscrupulous types got access to that technology. Not that I'm saying you would, but something like that can only be held in confidence for so long... Perhaps you could head to see it, but that's the most I could allow. It will feel jarring, but your body should be more than able to handle the shift. After all, you did travel 400 years in the future already, and we could get you back in what would only be a shift of a few moments for here." He extended his hand hesitantly, wondering how Kazuya would see the deal.

Jenny

"OH ARCANUSPISSYBRICKSHAGSUPERWAY!?!?"

Jenny screamed in the vents as the flames stopped just inches from her flesh before stopping as abruptly as they arrived.
"....FUCK! YOU! FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU!" she shouted to herself from her close call with one of Melethia's traps, Slamming her fists on the metal vent she was in fear and frustration.
She was thankful she was unharmed but it was clear that going down this way was:
1. The best way to find Melethia
2. The best way to find Melethia's traps.
"....Okay, Look-....Jus-....Stay put, I just need to get a pair of shoes for this..." she sent as she attempted to reverse back out the vent, planning to get those heat boots to stop herself from becoming a TV Dinner.

Kazuya

Kazuya hid his reaction to Gilliams offer, not because he didn't want it mind you, but rather he had shot down his hopes of living in a world without that flamboyant asshat Violet.
"Well...In any case, I might have interest in that technology, I don't have the knowhow to make this trip worthwhile for either of us. My researcher on the other hand never stops going on about how much he wants to see how the great and wonderful Gilliam manages to get from A to B..." He mused, attempting to offload that pink prat on Gilliam.
He could die happy then.

AA Darren: Tomoya's Place, Hikarizara, Japan.

As Tomoya mused about what could have been as he pulled up his Electrical Service Provider's Van into his family's driveway, he noticed a strange man at the door of his house.
Twitchy, unwashed, un-shaved to the point it looked like he was on a desert Island for a decade, tattered jeans and a even more tattered jacket under it with some kind of black vest, barefoot and holding some kind of religious flyer in his hands (Upside down).
All the while, he was mumbling to himself as he kept ringing the doorbell, peering in through the slot for letters and pacing over and back to check the windows for any signs of life.

"comeontheforumsaidhewouldbeherewhyisntheherethisishisplaceafterallwhywouldnthebehereineedtofindhimneedtosleepneedtorestneedtogetthisdonebeforegilliamshowsupagaintakemeawayivegottensocloseicantlethimstopmenowsoclosetotheanswersineedtherealeseyesthereleasecanfinallysleepnomoretearsonlydreamsnowlotsandlotsofdreamshellunderstandfreemeshaunteridevonmarkjakedanielimnotoneofthemneverwilldontwanttojust

FOR GODS SAKE OPEN THE DAMN DOOR YOU ASIAN PRICK!"

After his rant, he nervously laughed as he cleared his throat and hit the doorbell again, unaware that his target was right behind him.

Jenny

Jenny's return trip through the vents was met with quite a few Spike traps. The Reflect Barriers stopped most of them, although a few got through to nick her skin.

It was right around here that Jenny really saw how seriously Mel took her defensive setup, considering that the attacks had done a large number on the Reflect Barriers... Still, thanks to the preparation, she got through with the biggest damage being the stress she'd been put through.

Kazuya

Gilliam immediately stopped the flattery with a small chuckle before taking on a no-nonsense tone. "IEven so, it would benefit you to see exactly what it is that we do, and I do think that you would understand it quite well.

Also, if you're going to lie, at least try to make it believable. After all, we both know you wouldn't spread my name around so wantonly to even have your more eccentric researchers know my name."

Tomoya & Darren.
Time: Evening.

Stepping out of the job van, Tomoya waved goodbye to his older partner who could actually drive.
Walking up the steps he could suddenly see the strange man yelling at his door on the top (Second) floor of his apartment complex. Sighing he could hear an Irish accent which gave him the clue to who it was ... and he has only went to Ireland once to rescue that unlucky man who Red Mage was after.

Checking the man for a while he definitely could see the stench of hardship coming off from him, the only thing he really cared about is that it seemed his family was out for some reason. "(Are they out shopping again ... or is Nagisa picking up Ushio?)" Tomoya said to himself in Japanese as he prepared himself reviewing the many years he had spoke English.

Walking up towards his doors and the strange man the blue haired male who was older spoke.
"Umm ... may I ... help you?" He said with a slight Japanese accent.
"(He better not do anything.)"

Shawn.

The wind was still blowing across the roof of the Rising Dawn, it seemed less harsh then before.
Smiling Shawn decided to have some target practice due to boredom. Funnily enough he has never went this long without shoot, crushing or stabbing someone else. It was ...

"Refreshing ..." Shawn smiled gently as he fiddled with his Pip-boy and then a big gun came out of nowhere.

"Loading incendiary ammo, safety off ... target aligned." Shawn muttered to himself.
The cross-hair was a tree which was a long distance away from the ship.
The trigger was pulled and ...

BANG!!!

A loud gunshot pierced the silent air, most people should be able to hear it but the Lone Wanderer did not fret since he had a stealth boy on his body. The tree has already exploded in a fiery explosion ... one more, another eye sore for the ship.

Storm & Alpha.

A loud gunshot had woken the Spartan, his eyes opened widely and he jumped out of bed.
Though his thoughts went out and he found that one of his 'brothers' had shot the gun.
"Damn it!" He said loudly. Looking over to his lover he could see that she was still sleeping.
"Gee, a heavy sleeper ain't ya." He smiled as he leaned over and gave a peak on her cheek which got a reaction wiggle out of her.

Smiling Sean finally remembered David's towel.
It was hanging since he had washed it earlier inside the room's sink.
"Better get it back to him." He shrugged as he grabbed the towel, folded it, grabbed the keys to the room and began to walk to wherever he could find David.

Jenny

Jenny's slow reversal from the vent shaft was punctuated with "OHMYGOD!" "WHATTHEPISS!?" "WHY AM I ONLY TRIGGERING THESE THINGS NOW!?".
Though it all though, she was able to reach the exit, looking slightly worse for wear, but unharmed for the most part.
"Ahhhh...Man they smart..." she whined as she sat on the floor and rubbed her limbs, several small cuts coating her body.
"God and I need to go back in there..." she realized as she went to find those boots Devon gave her with the heat resistance before trying her luck again.

She then returned to the same vent sometime later and re-entered it with the boots equipped.
I'm going to have to talk to her parents after this is over... She thought as she got back to the point she was at before she chickened out.

David

As the sounds of Sniping filled the hallways of the Rising Dawn, david let out a little sad sigh.
Yeah, shoot all you want kid, ain't going to get you anywhere here... He thought as he finished throwing his stuff into a duffel bag before leaving it on his bed to go get his towel.
Much to his surprise, as he opened the door, Storm was about to know.
"Oh, it's you. Got it washed?" He bluntly asked as he took it off him.
"Cheers. It's a stupid little relic but...It's like....one of those tacky hats you get at a theme park, something to remember. You know?..." He said as the shots rang out above.
"...I'm going to give him 15 days. Tops."

Kazuya

Kazuya let out a sigh as he closed up his notebook, his secret goal revealed and with no hope of getting rid of the infamous employee now.
"...Damn...I was really hoping you'd fall for it. Violet is...in a "Difficult" situation. He knows too much to be fired yet he's too unpredictable to remain employed. And I can't just have him memory wiped without someone causing a stink..." He sighed, not liking having to return to that once he returned.

AA Darren: Tomoya's Place, Hikarizara, Japan.

Darren nearly jumped out of his skin when he saw Tomoya.
"OH PRAISE WHATEVER GOD THERE IS! TOMOYA! TOMOYA! TOMOYA!" He shouted at the top of his lung as he literally got down on his knees and prayed to him.
"GOD! I'VE BEEN WAITING SO VERY VERY LONG FOR THIS MOMENT! SO MUCH PAIN! NOW AT AN END! THANK YOU LORD/LADY/DEMON/WHO FUCKING CARES!" He shouted loud enough for the neighbours to hear.
"C-can I come inside? I can't control myself, Tomoya!" He begged, clearly the past few months had NOT been kind to him...

Tomoya & Darren.

Tomoya just simply looked at the kneeling man.
He had no idea what the hell had happened to him to make his this mad/crazy, he only knew that he 'went away' after the group dealt with Red Mage.

Even though the blue haired man gave up that life in that universe he couldn't simply just turn this person away due to all the hardships he had been through. Tomoya sighed and looked down towards David.

"Fine, but first.
Calm down and answer me these questions.
Why are you here?
How did you get here since this is a WHOLE other universe to that one?
"

He said to the maddened Author.
Tomoya was going to take him in, but only if he will show manners and become calm.
"I guess Shaun's apartment next door is empty" He thought to himself as he awaited for the Author's response.

Storm.

As the shots rang out above their heads, Storm quickly shot back.
"Except it's an ancient angel slash past civilization towel that came from a Lightning temple ... pretty rare thing. I'd expect it to instantly dry you or some shit." He retorted, he knew that Angel tech can do anything and currently he was worried that it might be cursed or something.

"Well ... just be careful, as I said before, Tomoya was associated with them and we all know how that went. Just be careful of bad mojo or something ... other then that I was meaning to ask why are you lea-" Storm was about to say but a sudden explosion interrupted him.

"FUCK! Damn flunky NCR explosive bullet ... I spent fifty caps on that and now it took off my finge-HEY it grew back!"

Shawn.

"-it grew back!" Shawn said in a cheerful tone as he looked at his finger and saw some kind of bark protecting his hand from the explosion. "Hmm I wonder if this world has an impact on my ammunition, it's possible but ..." Shawn said as he saw the bark fade away. It was the price he paid for helping everything and killing everything.

"I'm mutated like a ghoul here ... and yet I'm still human and looking perfect as a peach." He said as he checked his Pip-Boy and noted the "Barkskin" perk. "Got that from killing that treeman Harold ... poor guy, had to mercy kill him." He said once more to himself whilst witnessing this world's beauty. Something that his world could never, ever replicate.

Placing his rifle back into his invisible armory the veteran killer and Saint stared at the horizon.

Tomoya & Darren.

Darren giggy laughed in response to Tomoya's question.
"Because. YOU!...are the only I can talk to. Everyone else either hates me and won't say it to my face or think I'm crazy. They might be right, but WHO CARES! YOU'RE HERE! YOU'RE HERE!" He shouted as the duo went inside the house, away from the eyes of his neighbours.
"How am I here? I'm....I....What I did was.....ummm.....shit....honestly can't remember...I just....think there was a portal or something....Eh, It's IRRELEVANT! Because once this is over, I can finally sleep..." He said as he was led into the living room.
"I can't sleep...I just can't...Whenever I close my ey-AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" He screamed after closing his eyes, showing just why he couldn't.
"...I see them....I see ALL...of them....billions of worlds, trillions of lives...all my fault...but it's okay...because I'll sleep soon..." He manically said as he went to ask the one question that could put his mind at ease:

"...Do you sleep?..."

Storm & David.

David didn't pay any heed to Storm's warnings, focusing more on the fact it sounded like that Sniper on the deck had blown his fingers off.
"...Make that 15 hours..." He snarked as he took his towel and added it in with the rest of his stuff.
"Well...where I'm going, I don't think I'll be a problem. Going to join the police and get back to what I know. No more angels, no more demons. Just me, a gun and some punks. As it should have been..."

Tomoya & Darren.

After hearing everything from Darren and looking at him, Tomoya definitely confirmed that hardships are being fought at this very instance. "Wait just a second." Tomoya said to him as he walked to the kitchen. If Darren looked around he could see that this apartment was rather small. The main room was pretty much a square, he didn't see a bedroom (Though he could see a sliding door wardrobe, the kitchen that was apart of the main room and a door in the corner leading to the small bathroom) though he could see several futons piled up in a corner with a couple of colourful ball plushies with eyes.

Coming back from the kitchen quickly, Tomoya slid two cups of Japanese tea onto the table in the middle of the room.
The two sat down at the small but family sized table. "Sit down and drink, it should calm you down."
Tomoya picked up his cup and drank a bit before putting it down. "So you are here because of me since I am the only one you could talk to ... well I could argue against that but I have no idea about your situation. For the second one I guess you fell in some kind of portal involved with tech or magic." Tomoya said but stopped for a second remembering the worlds comment.

"Sleep ... yeah I do. I find it rather impossible not to sleep when I am surrounded by my family. They were my true goal in that universe, to go back to them. I spend how many years there ... and I still didn't give up my hope." Tomoya said to Darren in a very bold tone. "If you need to sleep you can use Shaun's apartment next door. It should have things you would use, but you can come here for dinner if you want, I'll introduce to you as a distant friend to my family."

Storm & David.

Storm chuckled at the "15 hour" comment by David.
"I wouldn't worry about him ... though you know what I would kill for, an alien invasion. Least it would be different to all this supernatural crap everyone has to deal with." Storm said to him, still worrying about Shawn above. "And can you go back to the force, I mean I don't know if they will accept a resume with things like this?" He asked once more.

Tomoya & Darren.

Darren just shook his head, Tomoya was WAY off with the sleep comment.
"...No...not that...Just....I see them....every time I close my eyes, every..."Person" that I've...or that my characters....every time....I can't sleep...." He explained as he just looked into his tea.
"...My existence...has killed and hurt...so many...MANY people...but...we're the same...You've killed almost as much at me..." He added as he stared at Tomoya again.

"...So how can you sleep?...I can't Sleep...and we're the same...Monsters...That kill and hurt people...."

Storm & David.

"Tch! You kidding? People will give their right arm and left leg for a serviceman like me!" David boasted, though he did have a point.
Not many police outfits could boast having a member of the Rising Dawn on their force.
"I'm just going to walk in like I own the place, get a desk job, give it to a traffic cop, cruise the streets, shoot gangsters, The works!" He joked, clearly excited about being able to be a REAL cowboy cop.
"Hell, I'll bet they'll make me a Commissioner. Then All I have to do it look good on TV!"

Tomoya & Darren.

Surprise was the only thing on Tomoya's face as he heard David make a statement about him.
Though a smirk appeared on his face. "Heh, funny thing ... I tell myself that I didn't do all of that. I didn't kill anyone, especially in 'that' time. It was a shadow being that took over my Archangel half and took over my body slash chaining me up inside my own body. So ... in a way I did kill them physically, though I never truly killed anyone. The good thing is that most people got revived and memory wiped." Tomoya was nodding to himself but looked at David as he finished off his own tea.

"The question is 'Did you truly kill those people with your own hands' because I am sure that it was those characters you simply materialized into that world and gave them a soul, it was them who killed, not you. You are not responsible for them killing others, it's their fault. But unlike me I can't forgive myself for letting that shadow in." Tomoya said the last sentence with a cringe.

"But whatever you think, there will always be hope for everyone. Anyone can redeem themselves since they can change for the better. All you have to do is accept the cold truth and make yourself stronger, that is what I did and still am doing, it is what Shaun is doing, it is what even RUGAL is doing." Tomoya started to look aggressive.

"Other then that you are welcome to stay in this world for a while ... hell this place can give you mental strength if you can find it." A smile appeared once more.

Storm & David.

"Oh, that's right ... we're pretty much a public faction." Storm sighs after remembering a couple of facts about this group. Storm turned and started to walk, "Well have a good retirement, you know who to call if anything weird comes or happens ... but hell, you could probably handle it after all this." Storm waved back before turning a corner.

A quote was spoken.

Shawn.

Still gazing at the horizon, Shawn could see only half of it's real beauty.
Coming from a land where everything has gone to Hell makes you see things.
Bad things, though this Lone Wanderer has already seen hell.
A flash goes by his mind, this horizon ... burning, a nuclear fire approached.

Grasping his mind the illusion was broke, but Shawn almost fell from the roof of this Airship.
A sigh of relief and then a sigh of frustration.
Though Shawn spoke his favorite quote.

"I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely."

bluecrimson:
snip

It was at this point Kala had got a little bit of insight, she knew Mele fairly well, and she wasn't going to just be loitering about. As she went through the ship she flew up to the ceiling and looked through the grates for the ventilation shafts. She knew Mele was likely hiding in there... but knowing the fact about her "disarming a bomb" statement she said earlier to be much MORE than true... well, she wasn't about to crawl around in there, especially since her tiefling fire resistance was gone, so she wouldn't have much if anything to protect her from anything she'd set up. Then after getting no good view from the main halls, she decided to check for any maintenance passages.

Jenny

The boots immediately proved to be very useful as the later blasts of flame would have nearly incinerated her without them. With them, they merely left more than a fair share of ash on her, since it had gotten through the Reflect Barriers. This point was punctuated by a small mouse in front of Jenny triggering one of the jets and only leaving behind the teeth.

THe fire had destroyed the rest of the rat's body. Still, Jenny could feel Melethia nearby, but there was a good deal of noise in the vents as well... Maybe she'd gone into the engine room?

Kazuya

Gilliam responded with a slight nod. "It is an awkward situation, but your best bet would be to utilize him where you can. You don't want that kind of mind somewhere else. As grating as he is, that unpredictability can be made into a great asset. After all, who expects a lot out of him from his appearance? Nobody, and that's one of the many ways he can trip someone up.

In any case, I should be departing soon as someone I've been keeping an eye on should be making contact with someone we've both become familiar with. That offer I made earlier is still open should you wish to accept." He neatly packed up his few belongings, ensuring that there would be few real traces of him being there later.

Jenny

Anyone hear a air vent could hear Jenny letting out a near endless stream of swears as she crawled though the fire and the flames[1].
Following the hints she was picking up from her senses, she chose to exit the vents near one of the main engines of the ship, However, in her haste, she ended up falling though one of the panels she was trying to open, causing her to fall from the roof of the engine room right into the floor.
"OOF!" she grunted in pain as she picked herself up, while unharmed from the flames, the smoke was another thing.
Coughing and Hacking, she kept up her search for the wayward Elf.

As Kalastyrn searched on, she could hear the Gardevoir coughing echo though the halls

Kazuya

Kazuya scoffed at Gilliam's idea.
"Clearly you haven't met the man..." He stated as Gilliam began to pack up.
"Still, I'll stay put, with how downright unpredictable this world is, I could miss out on something important." He said before offering an hand to shake.
"Until next time, then?"

[1] WE CARRY ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!

Diablo1099:
snip

Kalastryn had quite the bit of surprise when Jenny came crashing through the ceiling, out of the vent, in a ball of smoke and ash. She'd discovered Mele's trap ability apparently.

"Are you alright Jenny? Sheesh, Mele definitely knows how to lock things down huh? She was like that at home too... all started with rigging her room so a bucket of water would fall on your head when you opened the door... my how far it's come...

She said, that last bit more musing to herself than anything else.

"I haven't had any luck finding her either... though I'd be willing to hazard a guess you were on the right track... by the way, I'm sorry, the fact that Mele ran off and we have to go through all that is my fault."

She said, probably knowing Jenny would say something a bit less graceful than an "it's fine" after the cussing she'd heard from through the vent.

Jenny

Despite what Kalastryn though , Jenny in fact DID say "*Cough! Cough!* No its-*Cough* Fine...I've dealt with worse...".
Finally clearing out her throat, she added "Besides, I've seen some people act out in their times of distress. Melethia shouldn't be an exception."
Looking around the dark Engine Room, she then admitted "...But I don't think I've been on this part of the ship before..." as she attempted to track down the elf.

Canteen

Teri listened patiently to Slindis' tale and thought quietly to herself as she tried to put all of the details together.
"So Melethia's been like this ever since Mum's found her... Then that means-"

Her line of thought was interrupted when she felt another ping in the back of her mid from her Tablet, and looked down to see two messages, one from Dimitri about the state , and the other.... After a few minutes to review them, Slindis could see Teri's face twist into disgust for a moment and then she closed both messages, began typing back responses and said to Slindis, her voice surprisingly calm for the angry look on her face, "If what you say is true, Mom, then I think its safe to assume you really can't blame yourself for how Melethia acts. And, to be frank, I'm surprised you haven't picked up on it, but I think Melethia is a child soldier. Or, at least she came from a place that made them. Her attitude towards just about anything really helps confirm that. Now, I don't know if any factions in Eberron do that sorta thing, but the evidence is really piling up..."

Devon, Ton-Ton

"She was from a game too? Just like Mr. Caim and Ms. Angelus... Just like... Huh. I guess we're more alike than I thought..."

Devon could see Ton Ton's posture lift up a little bit, and he said back, "So... It's not like you were trying to hurt anyone? You didn't know Ms. Melethia was a real person? Hmn... That seems to be a consistent theme with the Authors. None of you are aware that what you create has life of is own. But, I got one other thing to ask, Mr. Devon. Are you sorry things ended like this?"

And when Ton Ton asked this, Devon could still see some residual hope in the Tonberry's eyes, really wanting to see something good from the negative subject he and Devon had tread upon.

Caim, Rugal

Sensing that the magic in Wisdom was completely ready to go, Caim rolled out of the way as the kick landed on the ground, and caused a bit of a dent in the training room floor. Taking this moment, Caim gripped the staff with one hand, and pointed his empty left hand at Rugal, the magic readying itself as he began to unleash it. In the split moments before light shone from the staff, Rugal could see that the scowl that had taken the warrior's face a moment ago was replaced with a familiar bloodcurdling smile. In the moment after that, light filled the room, and 5 runes speedily made their way towards The King of Fighters.
So Caim hadn't been screwing around this whole time. With that look on his face, it was clear as day that Caim had this attack in mind the entirety of this fight. Perhaps the bloodthirsty prince had more brains that Rugal gave him credit for....

Rugal

Rugal watched as Caim evaded his attack, his heel breaking through the floor as he landed.
"Come on! I thought you were a figh-EAH!" He went to taunt before getting blinded by the flash as the runes raced to seal his fate.
The instant he recovered and his senses returned, he found a handful of flying letters racing towards him.
Okay, I deserve this... He admitted, knowing he should have went for the kill while he could.
He burst into a sprint in the opposite direction, needing to put distance between him and the killer alphabet soup.
Letting them follow him until they were all neatly in a single file line, he brought up his famed "Dark Barrier!" on his forearm.
"Alright, moment of truth..." He said to himself as he braced himself for an incoming barrage, hoping his shield could block them.
Least his position and luring of the runes would prevent an attack on several fronts.

As the runes blasted off and made their way towards Rugal, Caim broke into a charge, hoping that he could get the drop on Bernstein while the runes held him at bay. Speaking of, said runes were harmlessly bouncing off of the Dark Barrier, desperate to get at their target as their form shifted between many letters and sigils alien to German man. But, thankfully, they disappeared when the barrier did... Right as Caim lept into the air to bring the staff down on his head.

Diablo1099:

Despite what Kalastryn though , Jenny in fact DID say "*Cough! Cough!* No its-*Cough* Fine...I've dealt with worse...".
"Besides, I've seen some people act out in their times of distress. Melethia shouldn't be an exception."
Looking around the dark Engine Room, she then admitted "...But I don't think I've been on this part of the ship before..." as she attempted to track down the elf.

"Neither have I." She said, not keen to touch anything in the room... if this was the engine then... "I take it this is where the ship gets the means to both travel distance and dimensions... an invention that would have astounded even house Cannith to be sure... and they've come up with extremely powerful things." She said, as she peered a little bit more closely at the engine.

"Though... I do find it odd that I can't find anything wrong with it... maybe due to lack of experience... to suggest it's behavior of jumping dimensions without instruction or warning." She said... having visited a few different dimensions in her time... Fernia, Eberron, the Demonweb, Faerun, the Dreaming Dark... all places she's seen, and none of them were ever boring. She doesn't remember much about her one trip to Xoriat though... maybe since after regaining sanity after her visit to the plane of madness... where simply being there drove you bat shit crazy, she didn't want to remember. She opened her mind to Jenny for a moment to talk a little bit about Mele where she knew no one else could ever hear. Some of the sights she's seen were disturbing indeed... some of them also looked dangerous as hell.

After the images of these monsters were displayed to Jenny, Kala got to the point.

"That's the sort of thing I had to put up with almost every day... Mele is only nearing her early teens... and she already looks at something like that as a challenge for fun, where I would fight for my life. I've seen many a friend or ally of mine die to such monsters, or never return to me sane, or themselves again... me and Slindis didn't want this sort of life for Mele. There were also other things that targeted Mele... hell I remember one of the most generous acts I've ever seen out of that entire world happen because of Mele being such a target.

A friend of mine was diplomat to an entire NATION of dragons known as Argonesson, and give up all their worldly possessions so they would leave her alone... but before that we had to ensure she was never found... and look how easy that would have been if she wanted to stay hidden. Still though, she was so young that when she learned to fend for herself, she found it as a way instead of self preservation, to entertain herself, to better herself, and gain... unfortunately for us, a lot of fame and attention. I'm looking for her to take back what I said earlier. Because while it's not a lifestyle to be idolized, it needed doing for everyone at home. I'm proud of her... and I don't quite know what made me say otherwise..." she said, wiping a tear out of her eye once that was done.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 . . . 830 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here