The Escapist Avatar Adventure: An Open RP (Now Re-Opened!)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 . . . 875 NEXT

AIM: M.A.N.G.O.: [THE TASTIEST DEATHBOT EVER MADE.]

Melethia used the opening provided by the Hippogriff's sacrifice to spring onto Caim's shoulders, then leapt on one of the Mini MANGOS and used the shockwave from the explosion to get next to Ton-Ton, using her technical know-how to sever key cords which crippled the main cameras on the machine before jumping back off. The detonation of the mini MANGO did hurt her, but between the SHield of Faith and her armor's resistance towards fire, she'd live.

The elf took a look at the Vortex and got a good idea, calling out to Teri. "Sis, ya mind if I pull out some Magnesium?" Now, if Bruiser could both hear the girl and had a rudimentary knowledge of chemistry, he would be very worried. Teri, however, knew the rather violent and fiery reaction the element had with water.

As for our Bard and Caim's sister? Although her prayer may have had no effect, it bolstered the man's resolve as he saw the Mini MANGO leading a suicidal charge. Caim would probably drag me back from and Hell and kill me again if something happened to Furiae. Let's make sure that doesn't come to pass. Before the Mini MANGO could finish the suicidal charge, it was violently redirected by a blast of wind pushing it off course and crashing into one of the walls. "We'll get you out of here, Furiae. I just need the right opening, but we'll have the opening with this group. Still, let's find out what makes that machine tick..." The bard's eyes turned red before taking a golden hue, and he tried to focus on Bruiser. If he could get this right, they could hit Bruiser where it hurts.

Devon casts Know Vulnerabilities! Devon's eyes turn red, then take on a golden hue. As he look at the creature, you see small runes dancing around its head. Each rune identifies a particular vulnerability or resistance-red for resistances, green for vulnerabilities.

You learn any special qualities, vulnerabilities, and resistances the target creature has.

DC17 to resist (Base DC 10, Spell level 2, +5 from his Charisma Modifier), and Bruiser got a 17. This could either be passing the save or failing it, depending on how it's ruled.

Time before the next level 0 spell: Ready!.
Time before the next level 1 spell: 6 seconds.
Time before the next level 2 spell: 18 seconds.
Time before the next level 3 spell: Ready!
Time before the next level 4 spell: Ready!

AIM: M.A.N.G.O. Bruiser[IFC YIPES SAYS HI!]

Once again, Bruiser's overconfidence had betrayed him as not long after smashing the Ice Construct, his HUD went down, thanks to Ton Ton cutting the wire for the Optics of the Armor, leaving him Blind inside the Mech.
"...WHAT?!..NO! DAMMIT! ALL I WANT IS A BATTLE ROBOT THAT ISN'T A LOAD OF SHIT!" He shouted as he began to randomly flail around in a attempt to hit someone, stomping and swinging while sending out more and more drones, lasers, missiles, clearly desperate to land a hit.

His panicked state allowed Devon to get a full read on the weaknesses of the M.A.N.G.O., Finding that Wires around the limbs could be disabled to render them completely useless and a EMP style blast applied directly to the power unit on his back would stop the Mech dead.
Bruiser himself was Weak to Flying, Psychic or Mental Attacks and Fire, Lots and Lots of Fire.

Speaking of Which, Melethia was able to get the Magnesium into the Vortex before she and Ton Ton knocked off By Bruiser's Flailing, Squishy setting up the attack before bailing, not wanting to get burned.
They watched as the Vortex ignited into a tornado of flames that picked up the mech, causing the metal armor to turn red hot as it was lifted up into the air.
Soon, it was dramatically flung into a wall with enough force to break though, causing the Mech to fall down 2 floors of Manufacturing floors and into the Main Ammo Depot, the flames lingering on it slowly starting a chain reaction of explosions that could take down the entire lab.
Cheers of victory were cried until a large purple hand climbed up from the crater they had just made.
Bruiser managed to Bail before the explosion, though he was blackened from the escape.
"NO!....NO!...I...Am NOT! Losing like this! Not to you! Not to Anyone!! He shouted before looking back at the flaming pit he nearly fell down.

"WELL! ISN'T THIS A HEARTBREAKER!? HEHEHEEHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA! THIS WHOLE FUCKING CESSPIT OF A LAB IS GOING TO FUCKING EXPLODE! AND BY ARCEUS! TONIGHT! I'M TAKING YOU ALL TO BURN IN HELL WITH ME!! HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!" He shouted, a mixture of dispair, madness and pure rage as he charged headlong at the team as echoes of explosions already began to sound.

Time: At some point.

Lucieon | David | Lucretia

Luke perked up as the mentions of "summons," "Summoned? But by whom?" Luke parroted David, "I was also summoned to this plane, and have no summoner to behold. Are you perchance indeed the follower of the Ancient Stone Dragon?"

He looked Lucretia over once more and frowned, "Nay, you hold not the scales of the everlasting dragons." He leaned back in his chair and pondered once more the meaning of his existence here. That is until David carelessly mentioned that they both should head home.

Luke's face stayed in a state of frozen kindness, but a aura of both resentment and annoyance seeped through his eyes as he spoke, "There is no home for me, I've been away from my country for a hundred and twenty seven years. I doubt there's anything that I could return to if I could. The magic of the Dark still binds me to service, and homeward I cannot head, many times I have tried, but only to be pulled back to the accursed bonfires that light the night." He grimaced as the Red Eye Orb fluctuated in frequency, signalling the passing of the Vengeful Spirit to some other person. A Gravelord maybe, or another Darkwraith, or perhaps even a Dragon Disciple. "I believe that we are here because we have no other home, Mr. West. I advice you that, in your self-induced image of callous disillusionment, that you do not forget the merits of companionship."

Luke settled down and placed his face on the cool table, he relaxed before giving one last thought to David West, "Being alone is a terrible, terrible thing Mr. West. I would rather fight against the Abyss itself with companions than running away and living alone in peace."

Airship Rising Dawn Canteen: David, Lucieon, Lucretia

"Well, My advice, to you too, Luke. Just walk away. This ship...All it over does is mess people up, You hear about "The Heroes of the Rising Dawn! Coming to save the day!", but nothing on all the crap we have to put up with. Second Puce gets here, I'm out, I've lived though enough shit for my life. You two best do the same..."

Flashback - PTSD Style:

"Don't look back baby. Just keep running. Keep running baby. Go with Uncle Charlie. Don't look back" Said mom's voice, her face covered by the darkness that kept the three of them hidden from the two cloned assassins that gave chase.

"I say, Mister Vandemar, this is the most fun that I've had in ages. Who would have known that even after this many years we'd still be chasing down our little Door!" Echoed a voice coming from down the the tunnel.

David wouldn't be thinking about his retirement plans for too much longer, as the girl launched herself across the table, knocking the Irish Sniper backwards in his chair, the wind getting knocked out of him as landed flat on his back, the girl on top of him pulling out what appeared to be a dagger made of petrified bone. To his credit, David managed to catch the girl's wrists as the blade descended.

"GO AHEAD AND RETIRE! GO AHEAD AND LET MOM DIE! YOU WERE NEVER THERE AND YOU LET HER DIE! BUT I'M NOT ABOUT TO LET YOU LIVE HAPPILY EVER AFTER WHILE MOM GETS CAUGHT AND KILLED. NO, DAD, THERE'S NOT GOING TO BE A HAPPILY EVER AFTER FOR YOU!!" The 14 year old screamed, with tears running down her face as she attempted a little bit of the ole patricide.

Hell: Goenitz, Lucifer

"So can you make a deal that doesn't involve selling souls?"

If there was one thing that he trusted less than any of the denizens of Hell, it was an Archangel, even the ones that had been hired via the Neo-Archangel Project that the Boss had instituted after Junior had been born. But, even it he trusted them less than he trusted Agehea, the very Succubus that had been responsible for his imprisonment, what did Goenitz have to gain from this.

"Listen, Archangel Goenitz, I don't know if you understand who you're dealing with, but there's always a catch. What's the catch, because I'm not about to become the dupe for anyone else's plans." The Former Daemon, now Archangel stated, his butt still firmly planted on top of the cot.

"Mind you, could just rip those shiny wings off of your back and grab those keys, but that's not very brotherly of me." He said as he leaned back so that his back was resting against the walls of his cell, eager to continue his conversation with Teri.

"What an asshole..." Lucifer broadcasted through his mental link with Teri.

"Ooops, sorry love. I've got one of those idiot Neo-Archangels down here."

Hagane Mess Hall: Mercy & Tajuh

"Don't worry, I won't judge you for feeling the way you do. it's your life, and I've no aim at making you act any differently." After giving Mercy a chance to collect herself, she casually motioned with her hand.

Blink! Blink! BLINKBLINKBLINKBLINK!

Was this Tajuh lady implying what Mercy thought that she was implying? The college girl's mind raced as she wondered what sort of first impression it was that she was giving off. She was a college student for crying out loud! If college was the time where you could be a little curious, then by hell she was going to be curious all she wanted! But she wasn't batting for the other team just yet! It was at that point that she was quite aware that her face had turned a particularly bright shade of RED.

"I.I.I." She sputtered as Tajuh continued to speak.

"Still, the Blue Dragon hasn't proven to be too bad, and you're currently in space right now. You're not seeing the Earth right now due to the way we're facing, but it's certainly a sight, isn't it? Real shame about the debris, though."

Hold the phone! What did she just say?

"Wait, Tajuh. Did you just say that we're in space? Like SPAAAAACE! Like Houston we have a problem, outside of the atmosphere, drops of f**king Jupiter, in orbit where gravity has a minor effect, where no one can hear you scream, vacuum of space, space?" The red haired girl asked as she looked out the window at the debris field that remained from the earlier space battle.

"You're kidding me, right? We're on some sort of space simulator, not actual space right?"

Tajuh gave the madly blushing student a chance to look out to the massive amount of stars before responding. "We are in actual space, Mercy. No simulation's going to get all of these details correct, and I'm sure you can feel the slight floating sensation. Honestly, relax and have a bit of fun. Not many students your age would ever get this kind of view, and it's an amazing one. After all, it's not like you've an easy way back to Earth until that slipspace bike of yours is repaired. That is, unless you'd like me to get you down on the planet." She patted Mercy on the shoulder as the student looked out the window.

"Say hello to the L-1 region of space. We're basically in between the sun and Earth here, but I guess that you never thought you could put this on your resume!" She laughed jovially.

Time: Nyeh

Lucieon | David |Lucretia

Luke watched with surprise as the girl launched herself at David West and knock the grown man to the ground. Perhaps she was a Darkwraith after all. But that thought soon perished when Lucretia started to shriek about her mother dying and her fathering having to die. Personally he never sympathized with parent troubles, having been raised with a warden as a mother and an absentee father. He felt more or less that people should be individualistic.

He swung the Manus Catalyst at Lucretia, not hard enough that the blow would break the scales off a Stone Dragon, as the Catalyst was perfectly able, but just enough to knock her off of David. The old wood staff connected with the side of the girl's frame and nudged her off of David West.

"Hold you actions, acts of aggression outside of your world will not be taken lightly!" Lucieon said sternly, retaining the stature he had acquired working in the Dark.

10 Klicks West of The Rising Dawn: Closing Fast

A small one person stealth jet sped toward the Rising Dawn while transmitting a signal that identified it as friendly. When the jet got close enough it pulled up steeply while releasing a man in a flight suit out of the bottom then turned to head home.

The man spread out his arms and legs in order to slow him down a lot. About 30 meters above the deck a ball of energy engulfed the man that slowed him down even further to let him land safely. He headed below deck, walking like he knew the place. He entered the canteen and everybody looked to see who the newcomer was. He removed his helmet to reveal the face of Matt Hargreave, glowing red cyber eyes and all. "Is there anything to drink before I die of thirst," Matt asked them.

When Bruiser's mech went down the hatch and Squishy had returned to his bottle, Teri pumped a fist in the air with joy, whooping laughter echoing from the Tablet, "Yeah! That's what you get for fucking with a Cleric, BITCH! Rot in hell you purple-"

As for the Devil himself, he got his fair share of verbal abuse from his dearest Cleric's end, his cutting in being followed by her exclamations of joy. Of course, right when he cut in was after he heard her cries of joy.

"What an asshole... Ooops, sorry love. I've got one of those idiot Neo-Archangels down here."

With a big grin, the girl replied, "Nah, I understand. No offense, but those guys are a royal bag of dicks. And you too Lord, I'm sorry, but they really are!"

Wiping her brow with a sleeve, the Cleric continued, "Man, after this is all over, I'll be looking forward to that date!"

Of course, this was right before Bruiser crawled out of the fiery pit (circumstantial puns fully intended), and a flood of panic filled the Cleric as Garm dodged around his advance, teeth growling as the group began their various tactics: Caim, a dodgeroll and a new blade prepared: Windsinger. The polearm was aligned with the winds, something Caim would hope to be of use, as well as provided him with some distance from the up-close-and-personal powerhouse. With a twirl, Caim had already managed to land a slash on the Machoke's arm, but without much effect. In his current state, it would be hard to subdue him with pain alone.

Angelus continued her regime of homing fire as well as forming a thin ring of fire around herself; snake-like appendages hissing and ready to strike should Bruiser draw too close.

Ton Ton and Cadolbolg dive bombed the Machoke, Ton Ton attempting to latch onto Bruiser's head and bring his blade into the scope of justice with the ever deadly knife. Cadolbolg, in the meantime, darted around Bruiser in an attempt to distract him. Small zaps of lighting and minute burns beginning to spread around Bruiser in order to loosen his stance or allow others to get a hit on him...

Teri? Teri gripped her wolf's fur tightly before gulping and casting Spiritual Weapon from the still wolf's back, and watched as a spectral longsword appeared to begin stabbing at Bruiser as he was being assailed at all sides. Following this, Garm charged in as well, claws and teeth at the ready to tear into flesh.

Teri casts Spiritual Weapon! At 1 round (6 seconds) per level, or in this case, 42 secconds the weapon will fight by your side, and cannot be harmed by physical means! However, it can be dispelled like other spells... 12 seconds till the next 2nd level spell can be cast

Airship Rising Dawn Canteen: David, Lucieon, Lucretia

"OOOMPH!" Lucretia grunted as she fell against the floor due to Lucieon's meddling and interferance. Looking at the undead Quarter Master, the girl's expression didn't change as tears still streamed down her face but she was resolute in ending the life of David West. Holding the bone knife in front of her, the blade seemed to glow slightly before it lengthened in her hands to that of a sword.

"Bad move, Zomb-ass." The girl commented as she began circling Lucieon, looking for an openning that she could exploit.

"Is there anything to drink before I die of thirst?" A voice asked from the entrance to the Canteen.

Wheeling around, the girl seemed to throw a handful of rocks towards the newcomer and before Matt knew it, a number of bone throwing knives suddenly found themselves thunking against the area around him.

Hell: Goenitz, Lucifer

"Nah, I understand. No offense, but those guys are a royal bag of dicks. And you too Lord, I'm sorry, but they really are! ... Man, after this is all over, I'll be looking forward to that date!"

Lucifer smiled to himself, an expression that he kept hidden from the Neo-Arcangel that was standing in front of his cell. Of course this was before her words sunk in.

"What did you mean 'after this is all over'? What are you doing?" The former ruler of hell asked as he suddenly felt a wave of panic hit him from his Dearest Little Cleric's end of the mental link.

"Teri? Kiddo? What's going on?"

Matt stood there unfazed by the attack since he had been subjected to much worse in his life. "You know, a simple no would have sufficed. I'm gonna look anyway just to make sure. Please continue with whatever you were doing and just ignore me for the moment," Matt said as he walked past everyone to go look behind the counter.

Devon turned around to the others there as Bruiser charged them and and called out the weaknesses to the rest in the group and stood besides Furiae as he focused in on the Machoke and took a deep breath before grinning as an idea came to him. "[b]Oh God damnit, Bruiser! We won't leave until we've made sure that you're dead!/b]!" A large smoke cloud appeared, and as it vanished, there was two copies of the group there. The second group charged Bruiser with everything they had, and Bruiser could even feel the heat from Toots (Angelus) as she prepared to scorch the man with a gout of fire. With the maelstrom of the others there, it was incredibly difficult for him to tell exactly what was going on.

Devon casts Major Image! This spell functions like silent image, except that sound, smell, and thermal illusions are included in the spell effect. While concentrating, you can move the image within the range.

The image disappears when struck by an opponent unless you cause the illusion to react appropriately.

Save to determine which group is the real one: DC18.

Time before the next level 1 spell: Ready!
Time before the next level 2 spell: 12 seconds.
Time before the next level 3 spell: 30 seconds.

As the Illusions charged the Machoke, Devon called out to the others on the rings as both him and the illusionary Devon held tight to the real Furiae and the Illusionary Furiae. The Illusionary Devon began playing more music, but since it wasn't from the Real Devon, there was no added effect.

"Caim, we've got to get going to ensure that your sister lives! I know there's history between you and the Machoke, but we have to keep our priorities straight here!"

Meanwhile, the Illusionary Melethia rummaged around in her pouch for something while the Real Melethia pulled out her bow and started firing a hail of arrows at the Pokemon. "Eat this, bilge rat!"

Melethia's using Manyshot! Granted by taking 6 levels in Ranger, this feat allows Melethia to fire multiple arrows with every bow attack he makes for the next 20 seconds. The number of arrows depend on the character's base attack bonus: +12 means three arrows per attack. Since all these arrows are coming from Banshee, they'll do quite the number on the Machoke.

Mercy paused for a moment as she took in the sights in front of her like Tajuh had suggested. It was a rather marvelous view in front of her. Under the artificial lights and pollution of MidTown, you could never, ever see the stars no matter how hard you tried. Looking at the view before her, she remained quiet for a time as the ship slowly turned and Earth came into view.

"Wooooooow!" The College girl exclaimed as she saw the blue planet from which mankind sprang forth. The sight was made even better by the fiery streaks that marked the debris' entry into the Earth's atmosphere.

"Who. Who the hell are you guys?" Mercy asked as she tried to figure out just where in the hell she was. Back when she was a aerospace major, they were just bringing International Space Station II online; The First ISS having been blown up in a freak reactor failure.

"More to the point, where the hell am I?"

Tajuh took a moment to think before answering. "Well, you're on the Hagane which is currently docked with another space station as well. As for us, we're... How do I explain it best? You know those groups of people that usually get called to stop something before it starts? That's what we do. Fairly good at it, too. It's a shame I have to depart from here just after we got things straightened out, but I've got a good feeling I'll be called back here..." Tajuh had mistakenly described what the Mabar Guard's job was instead of what the Rising Dawn did, but with any luck, Mercy had missed the slip-up.

"Unfortunately, until that slipspace bike of yours gets fixed up, it really would be a lot safer if you stayed on this ship instead of heading on the Space Station. The people here aren't exactly the most welcome here even after what we overcame together due to some people in their members being extremely conservative. Will this be a problem, Mercy?" Tajuh held the college student's hand, trying to get her message across without having to fully explain the problems that may occur if the Striders found out about this woman that managed to get onto their station unimpeded.

OoO

That's sort of the expression that Tajuh got when she explained the situation to Mercy. Not only had she managed to break her bike on her first assignment, she had unwittingly managed to break onto a highly classified military installation in space. This.was.not.a.good.day! This was not a good day to be a bicycle courier and this was definitely not a good day to be Mercy.

"So you're telling me that I'm on a military space station with a bunch of security freaks that'll blow my head off just for being here?!?" She questioned loudly, gesticulating with her arms wildly in the air, a drumstick in her right hand.

"Ican'tbelievethisishappeningtome. Ican'tbelievethisishappeningtome. Ican'tbelievethisishappeningtome." The red haired woman said, so very close to passing out due to hyperventilation.

"Why me?" She moaned, swaying a bit from the lack of oxygen to her brain and the stress her body was undergoing at that very moment.

"Wait! Wait! I know!" She exclaimed as she pushed a button on the bracelet she was wearing, causing a ghostly projection to appear in front of her.

"I just need to pull up a diagnostic on my bike and - WHAT?!?" She exclaimed, her eyes widening in surprise and fear, at least that was the expression she had before she passed out into a bowl of mashed potatoes.

Mercy's frantic panicking had prevented Tajuh from explaining that she was safe here, and a look at the horrid state of the slipspace bike explained the panic she felt. The fact that the Hagane's crew would be hard-pressed to fix it meant that Mercy could easily think it was ruined.

"It's almost funny how this keeps happening to me." After musing to herself, Tajuh quickly cleared off the woman's face and ensured that she hadn't mistakenly inhaled any of the potatoes in her panic. Since she was okay, she took the college student to her personal room to help her get some rest while the bike got repaired \.

I hope she recovers soon... she's not someone that should be in the Guard. Still, she's got no real connections here, and I'd rather not have her be with the Rising Dawn while that man's aiming for control over it. If I could only be here longer, I could scout out someone better for that position! Of course, even the cleric Teri Gravel would be better suited, but I'm simply lacking that time.

David West: Rising Dawn Canteen

After shaking off the shock of what just happened, David took the chance to strike while Lucretia attacked Matt.
Viciously striking the back of her head with the butt of his handgun, He them turned her around and punched her in the face before slamming it into table in a attempt to knock her out.
Before you go crying this is overkill, Melethia, a 13 year old, can bench press more then David can, he's not taking any chances!

Once he was done, he pushed her to the ground and began checking for anymore weapons on her person, keeping her held down with his larger weight though a knee on her back.
"See....THIS is why I'm retiring! First New York, then DC, Shot the woman I loved in the face after she flat out ordered a contract on my head. I do everything I can, but nothing. NOTHING! Ever is enough. Just a normal life, grow old, get a pension, NOT get attacked by children with swords that are bigger then them. IS THAT SO MUCH TO FUCKING ASK?!" He raved as Matt walked by to the bar.

Man, he is going to freak out when he finds out he assaulted his own daughter like that...

"....Matt! I'll take two of whatever you're having...I need a drink...."

Bruiser: AIM

Bruiser was flat out beat, I mean, what could he really do in a situation like this?
Caim's blade, Angelus's fire, Cadolbolg's lighting, Ton Ton landing on his head, Taking Melethia's arrows to the chest, Teri's weapon stabbing him in the chest, He lost the second he left that mech.
Worse of all, he couldn't even land a single hit before he went down thanks to the load of mirror images around him.
As a much larger explosion shook the room, he was on his knees in pain, suffering from all their attacks combined in his manner.
It was time to end this.

Matt came back with two bottles of scotch and two Old Fashioned glasses. He handed a bottle and a glass to David before sitting at a nearby empty table. "So David West, do you still work for that international police thing? If so, I was wondering if they still have a price on my head or a warrant for my arrest. Last I checked, they were pretty mad when I worked for a few dictators/warlords," Matt asked him as he poured a drink for himself.

David, Matt.

As the two began to drink, the room lit up as a beam of light shot down from the ceiling, a shape in the beam materialising as it began to dissipate.

The two could see it was Fionn, having beamed down from The Hagane.

"Well that was, convenient." He looked around the room, spotting David and Matt. "So, hows it going David?" He began to walk over to the fridge, noting the presence of the other newcomers. "So, who are you exactly? Friend of Foe?" He asked semi-jokingly as he poked his head into the fridge. "I'll have a glass too, if you don't mind".

Captcha "Moo Shoo Pork": "Nah, I'm more in the mood for beef at the moment".

AIM: Bruiser

"What did you mean 'after this is all over'? What are you doing? Teri? Kiddo? What's going on?"

"I told you, we're rescuing Furiae, Caim's sister. We just hit a speed bump along the way. One moment, and I'll get back to you..."

When Bruiser fell to his knees, Teri directed the Spiritual Weapon to point at Bruiser's throat as she dismounted her wolf, forcing him to look as his assailant as she walked right up to him. Garm stuck close by her side in case the Machoke tried anything, and the staff clinked faintly as the Cleric approached. Staring into the eyes of the one who wronged her so long ago; Teri's face formed a silent growl as her Tablet began to issue her last words for the Machoke,

"... All this time. All this time, I've been afraid of you. I've been terrified at the thought of seeing you again. The memories of your attempt to give me a manicure left me terrified of holding people. It made me retch just touching them... But now, I wonder. Why are you scary, Brusiser? Seriously, what is so scary about you? You're big, but I've seen bigger; and your tough, but there's much tougher. So, I can't think for the life of me, a good reason to think you scary at all!

Hell, even your tactics are childish! What you do is the same as any schoolyard bully; you just overpower people weaker than you! That's not fighting, that's just using what brute strength you got; and if right this second isn't any indication; that obviously does not mean your strong. You haven't even improved. You haven't grown! You haven't changed! You're static; and it's getting you nowhere! But look at us, and what do you see? A group of people that have been through so much, we gotten stronger for it! At least, I know I have. Check this out. REPPUKEN!"

That was when Bruiser noticed a medium blue energy crackling in her hands, and before he could do anything, a burst of said energy struck him in the chest, inciting a cough from the Pokemon.

Teri uses a Class 1 Reppuken. 12 seconds before she can use another Level 1 spell.

When the energy dissipated, Teri's sword was upon the Machoke's neck again, and she laughed, "And that's barely the icing on the cake! I have learned SO much since I've last seen you, and I'm got more to go. Don't you remember, Bruiser, in the chamber? I told you the difference between you and me was the fact that we're still growing and improving while you stay the pathetic thing that you are! Am I will not be afraid of you anymore! So, goodbye Bruiser, and say hi to Lucifer for me, will you?"

She took a step back, the energy crackling in her hand again as her mouth opened and slowly enunciated three syllables,

"Re...ppu...KEN!"

The last thing Bruiser saw (as the Spiritual Weapon made the use of its time left and began stabbing the Machoke), was a blinding flash of blue light.

Teri uses the Class 3 Reppuken. 12 seconds till another 3rd level spell is available.

After unleashing these attacks, Teri clung to Garm's fur and shook as she began to do something that had previously required the assistance of her Tablet; she laughed. A sorrow filled, bitter laugh that filled the air and expressed no joy in what was just done. She'd have to pray about this later...

In the meantime, Caim hurried to Teri's side and shoved her up top the wolf's back, causing a yelp of surprise from the Cleric as his PDA spouted off, "Hate to ruin the moment kid, but we gotta go! This place is threatening to blow sky high!"

David West: Rising Dawn

With his knee still on the little girl, half expecting her to turn into a demon or something, David ignored the glass and opted to just drink from the bottle intend.
"Dude, didn't you hear? Remember that Monster Attack last summer? EATTF was wiped out, literally, the entire force, dead. All remaining resources and assets were sent to UNIT. As for your bounty, no idea. Been busy with the whole "Tomoya trying to blow up the world" thing." He snarked in-between drinks as Fionn phased in.

The Gunmage saw David restraining a 14 year old on the ground.
"...If you were here about 3 minutes earlier, you'd know why...." He said, still wondering what set her off like that.

Goenitz: Hell

"...Were you really not paying attention? I free you and help you escape so you can do whatever to that young girl and you keep tabs on the Rising Dawn for me! Not exactly Rocket Science, is it? Favor for a Favor, unless you'd rather I personally spy on them.
Or shall I have HER be my eyes and ears?..."
The Wind Angel taunted as he jangled the key closer to his cell.
"Even if you get out of the cell, you'll need my help to escape, they really rejigged the guard patterns this time around..."

The last hit was enough to knock the beast down for hopefully the last time, Bruiser's body going limp after his apparent demise.
It was over, even if he did live, his ego wouldn't, Bruiser would never do to anyone what he did to Jenny, To Angelus, To the Author herself.
She had won.
But none of that would matter unless they got the hell out of there before the entire Ammunition stockade below their feet went off!!
The Explosions got louder and Louder as the room shook more and more, Smoke now starting to become a major concern as blank plumes of the stuff began to choke the air around them.

Storm-178 (and Alpha).
Time: 4Pm

Storm had just spend a couple of minutes messing around with Alpha, she never liked it when he turns lazy or teases her mental weak spots. The two left the room quickly after the Spartan moaned about not having food for several days. "Ah, some good food would really cheer me up." He said as the un-average human and the small hovering AI entered the canteen but immediately heard a phrase which scratched at Storm's soul.

"Tomoya trying to blow up the world" David said. Afterwards Storm turned around in not less then a blink and walked out with a depressed aura surrounding him, his eyes looked down to the ground as if the coldness of the metal had flooded into him. "What's wrong?" Alpha said in a unusual gentle voice which bought back Storm in an instance. And once more the smiling Spartan walked on, though Alpha was confused with his situation, even though she was the closest thing to him.

"This place has a dojo right? Hopefully they supply metal dummies." He said as the two began to walk to the ship's dojo.

"I remember the Monster Attack I just didn't know they were wiped out. I'm glad I don't have to worry about UNIT since they mostly deal with aliens and the Doctor," Matt said as he drank. "So who's the guy that just beamed in like he's from Star Trek?" Matt asked after Fionn appeared.

"Oh right, Fionn, Matt. Matt, Fionn. Joined up with us about a few weeks ago before the whole "Angel Wars" thing." David explained as he took some more of his drink and knocked it back.
"Best shot you'll ever see, better then mine if I'm truly honest..." He admitted, not really caring for his status as a Pro Sniper anymore.

"...If you were here about 3 minutes earlier, you'd know why...."

"What? Another apocalypse? It was more poignant the first time", Fionn busied himself looking at all of the meats available, "Hmm, some american bacon, Irish bacon, a little beef, some chicken....." He began picking up cuts for his ultimate sandwich. As he continued to plunder the fridge, David could smell the aroma of meat frying, but he wasn't cooking anything......

"So who's the guy that just beamed in like he's from Star Trek?"

"Another person stupid enough to actually stay around here", Fionn snarked as he grabbed a jar of sliced pickles. The two could see the energies still crackling off his left hand, they dissipated after Fionn realised the chaotic aura was still there. "I need a day off." he muttered as he finished assembling his footlong.

As the explosions got closer, Devon called out to the others there as he grabbed Furiae's hand. "Grab on to someone else, people, and brace yourselves. I'm getting us out of here!" Once everyone held tight, Devon finished the movements with his free hand to get them onto the boat of the delivery guy that was just arriving there. Although the group was sore from the teleport, they had gotten out safely.

Devon Casts Dimension Door to get everyone out of the complex! Since it's a bit beyond the normal limit, the group takes a little bit of damage from the teleport, but it's nothing they can't walk off.

Devon looked at the poor college student holding the Garlic Bread, Cookies, 4 Seasons Pizza, Protein Shakes, and gallon of chocolate milk and looked down to Melethia sitting on the deck of the boat next to him and sheepishly laughed. "I hate to ask, Melethia, but could you spot us here? I promise to pay you back later, but I'm starving right now!"

Melethia smelled the rather delicious looking food and shrugged, pulling out 20 pieces of gold that would easily sell for $6,000. "Keep the change, Mister! Thanks for bringin' the food." Said delivery guy's eyes opened wide, but the fact that he was going to make a shitload of cash from selling this when he got back home made it extremely easy to overlook the fact that he was delivering it to someone different than the person that had been on the phone.

Rugal

Rugal was wounded by how cold she seemed to be about it, though he guessed it was better then them leaving on worse terms.
"....I understand...I do truly love you. My words are often misleading, but know I mean those ones." He said before leaving, Slindis shunning off one last kiss.
Thus, he made his way to the teleporter, stopping only to clean off some "Leaking" from his eyeless sockets, and punched in the code for AIM's location...

AIM: X_X

He soon reappeared on the island not far from the main entrance.
"-Great...Back to the daily gri-.....Is that smoke?....." He said to himself as he stood next to the burning lab.

Out on the boat, the victory feast was interrupted by a massive skyward scream of sheer rage.
"THOSE MORONS! I LEAVE THEM IN CHARGE FOR A FEW WEEKS! OH WHEN I FIND THEM, I AM GOING TO TEAR THEIR FUCKING ANKLES OFF! I'LL GRIND THEIR BONES INTO DUST! THEY WILL RULE THE DAY THEY FAILED RUGAL BERNSTEIN!"

AIM: X_X

Now, before hearing that scream from Rugal, Devon was glad that this had all played out the way it did. Since he was on a boat, he broke out in song to celebrate the mood.

However, the song was abruptly finished by Rugal's shout.

"Oh shit. Guys, we may want to get out of here right now..." The man's face paled, mainly because he had a fairly good idea of what Rugal may do to them. Heck, if it hadn't been for Bruiser's thing, their retrieval of Furiae would have gone off nearly flawlessly.

Otherside of the Island

Past the screams of Rugal, the other Villains were making their escape.

"....Hey....Where is Bruiser?..." Doom asked as his comrades set up a AIM Brand Hyperbaric Lifeboat, hoping it worked better in real life then it did in the Safety Tests.
"Look, Victor, Face it. He's down there, after getting his ass handed to him for what is hopefully the last time, Right as the entire Lab is about to blow up. Given his track record, I don't think he'll be returning to us any time in the near future, nor the distant if we are lucky." Wesker explained as Cortex was the first to get in.
"Look, We already done this before, He thinks he's so big, he bites off more then he can chew and its up to us to drag his ass out of the fire again and again. This time? It's over, I'm not risking my life so that moron can throw away his." He added as he struggled to put on a Life Jacket, clearly not one for the Sea.

"...Well, we can't just leave hi-"
"And who says we can't!? You? As acting CEO of what is left of this godforsaken dump, I say let him rot!" Bison shouted, getting cheers of agreement from Wesker and Cortex as they made their way on board.
"He was an embarrassment to us all and his "Personal Tastes" were out of line for our codes of conduct. Now, get in the damn boat before UNIT shows up and locks us all up!"
Doom shook his head in disbelief.
"'Codes of Conduct'? We have those?....A collection of some of worse this planet have to offer and he's 'Too bad enough a dude'?!"
"Look, Victor, I'm detecting a lack of 'Getting in the boat' in this conversation. What's your point? He's an asshole, even for assholes standards."
"I sure as shit ain't going to miss that lowlife and don't even get me started on the swirlies..."
"Out-voted, 3 to 1. So unless you want to spend the next 50 years in a UNIT Prison, Get. In. The. Boat." Bison added, pointing to the Lifeboat, keeping a mind full of the ticking clock hanging over the lot of them.

".....And you're any better?....And you are some shining beacons of Super Villainy? huh? Christ, He's not an Asshole! HE'S SMALL TIME!" Doom shouted, much to his groups confusion.
"....Ar-are seriously talking about his di-"
"Doom has killed more people during his life then Bruiser ever did. This armor? Killed an Ex Girlfriend and made this armor from what was left of her!" He boasted, Cortex was going to protest that what he was saying was impossible, but he decided against it, not really wanting to know the details.
"What have you done? You, Matrix Gimp! (Wesker) You invented Commercial Zombies!. Any asshole can just walk into his local and have enough T-Virus to wipe out a small city! Suddenly Bruiser doesn't seem so bad now, huh?

And Cortex, what about all those mutants!? Huh?! You think him smacking around a few women is bad and yet here you are fucking pulling out their brains though their eye-sockets!

And You! Dictator! You keep forgetting Doom worked for you too and Doom don't know about you, but thinks he knows why you had had dozens of half naked female clones as your bodyguards..."
"I-...Well-..errr....I had goo-" Bison Stammered.
"Shut the fuck up, Doom's not gone. Now, we can all agree that we are Compete and utter Monsters?..."

A awkward silence filled the protesting Cartel Members as Doom put them in their place.
"Now then, Wesker, When you were on the sauce and passed out on the men's room floor every night, Who made sure you woke up in your room instead of getting kicked out by the Janitor?"
"....Bruiser." Wesker sighed.
"And Cortex, Remember when you needed a Live Test Subject for those Performance Enhancers? And then after dozens of them you came clean to your products having MILLIONS of side effects? And yet he STILL kept turning up?"
"...Yeah...Still have no idea how he is still alive." Cortex Confessed.
"And, Bison remember when he won Mr. Universe and got a nice place in Hawaii with all the beach babes he could ask for? And yet he DEFECTED to your Empire when you asked him. You know how much that must have meant to him and he didn't even fucking know you!"
Bison didn't answer.

"Well, guess what? You aren't no winners either, but we need to stick together. Everyone of us tried to do Toe to Toe with the world and got our asses handed to us. And I don't know about you but Doom want the Hulk Wanna-be on His side when the time comes to TAKE OVER THE WORLD! WHO'S WITH DOOM?!"
The other villains looked at he each other and realized Doom had them dead to rights.
"THEN LETS SAVE THE ASSHOLE!" Doom finally shouted before running for the lab to save their comrade in Evil.
"....Shouldn't we...follow him?..."
"I..."Sorta"...agree with him....but...Taking orders from Doom?..."
".....If I order the two of you, then would you go?"
"Eh, be better then putting up with Doom's bitching for the whole trip."
"I could live with that."

Thus the rescue party set out to save the day.
FOR EVIL!

Time: Lunch!

Lucieon | David | Matt | Lucretia | Fionn

A spellswordsman had made himself material in the Canteen, and another human had arrived, whilst in the intervening time, David West had placated the young assaulter. Luke felt at odds with the sudden influx of events and characters, being unsure how to interact within large crowds of people, that is, crowds beyond the Rule of Three that Cataclama had long invoked. There were now not three, but five people standing in the room, eating and drinking.

After a short while he made his thoughts known, "Mage... wouldst you by happenchance be a disciple of any Holy Church...?" His fears that his true undead nature could turn off the kindness of these otherwise amiable gentlemen. He still had the fear of being carted away to some forgotten asylum and left to rot and hollow like so many of the others who were inflicted with the Darksign.

He set his Cataclyst down and took a seat at the big table, "And Mr. West, what do we do with the young aggressor? I hardly think that it would be effective to hold her down like that until she awakens. Which at that time might prove extremely unfavorable to the situation. Given your implication that calamity strikes this crew every other day or so," he produced some rope and handed it to David, he was never one who could really touch girls... as much as his mother had tried to reinforce that behavior into him during his studies of anatomy.

Luke then resumed the meal he had set aside, a large shank of lamb that dripped with molten fat, heated by the flame of the Abyss. Being alive was a good feeling, but he felt unnerved that the Dragon Disciple had so readily identified him as undead. He would have to question her about that at a later date, when they were alone, and preferably with Lucretia bound in the most humiliating of ways.

Lucieon | David | Matt | Lucretia | Fionn

Fionn was finishing his creation as the question was asked. Just a little more hot sauce..... He wrapped it up and walked over to a nearby couch.

"Mage... wouldst you by happenchance be a disciple of any Holy Church...?"

"Nope, wouldn't associate myself with those groups. Not a fan of dogma myself." Fionn could tell there was something about Lucieon that was off, but he didn't care. Luke hadn't done anything wrong as far as he knew, and he looked friendly enough. Besides, he'd know better. Fionn calmly approached Luke, extending his right hand to him as he set his footlong down. "But where are my manners? Name's Fionn Fandango, Gun Mage, Bounty Hunter and Reaper of Angels. I suppose you just showed up here like I did?" Fionn grinned at him, aiming to put him at ease, there was already enough conflict on the ship without the latest kerfuffle. Luke could see Fionn was being genuine, the man wasn't put off in the slightest by him whatsoever.

Despite his friendly demeanor, there was something off about the Gun Mage. Anyone sensitive to arcane phenomenon could see there was a strange aura around the man. Was it Dark Energy, Negative Energy, Spirit Energy? It wasn't imposing, just there, in the background.

David waved off Luke's offer, stating "No way, I know these kinda, you don't let your eyes off them for a second. And I'm making sure that I don't."
After what she nearly did, David wasn't taking any chances, just he felt like he was missing something from he equation.

AIM: ON A BOAT BITCHES!

Festivities were soon under way as the little group began their feasting of the re-purchased goods, a wonderful atmosphere of calm taking over the small boat. For the most part, it was Caim and Furiae playing catchup with the times, explaining who and what each of the persons on the vessel were (and kindly omitting the details of Authorship along the way). Her reaction to finding out that Cadolbolg and Ton Ton were the duo's adopted children, as well as the fact that Angelus was able to become human at all was priceless, and the duo made certain that Teri caught a picture with the Tablet in order to preserve the memory.

"Sounds like you've been very busy, having all these adventures!"

Caim gave a nod to Furiae's observation, "That I have! Which reminds me..."

His expression took a turn for the serious, and the warrior started with, "Look, Furiae, I haven't been the best brother to you, and-"

"Caim."

The warrior stopped with a surprised look on his face, realizing that his sister had just interrupted him, but let her continue,

"We've all the time in the world to talk about stuff from back home. But for now, aren't we supposed to be celebrating..? Please? It's nice to see you smile for once..."

Caim stopped his spiel, and conceeded, an honest to goodness smile finally taking it's place,

"Very well... Later then."

Angelus couldn't help but laugh heartily at the little scene, and clapped Furiae on the shoulder, "Remind me to have you around if threatens to kill someone again. You've got better control of him than I do!"

A round of laughter overtook the family again, and Teri couldn't help but smile at the spectacle. Raising a bottle of Mountain Dew she poofed in, she said, "Now, as charming as this scene is, I think there's somebody here that deserves some credit for it. Devon, take a bow! All of this right now wouldn't have been possible without you."

"Here here!"

The Cleric gave a tinkling, genuine laugh at that, and with her drink still raised said, "Well, with my voice back, I'd like to call a-"

And that was when Rugal's screams kicked in, and our Cleric had the color quickly drain from her face, "Oh shit, it's Dad!"

"'Dad'? Rugal... A-as your father? Are you mad, girl?!"

Teri took a deep drink of the Dew and turned to Melethia, "It's a long story, Angie! Mel, I gotta confess to something. When we entered AIM, I sent a letter to Mum letting her know we were on an errand with Caim and Angie. While I didn't divulge the details, she's pretty pissed, and I'm afraid she might have just sent Dad after us. If you run now, I won't hold it against you; but I'm going to go see what's up with Dad and see if I can smooth some of this over. You stay here with these guys in case things go wrong. It's bad enough Mom and Dad are mad at me, I don't want to drag you down too."

The Location formerly known as AIM

Inuart

The last thing the bard remembered before blacking out was Devon stabbing him after a series of rather painful attacks.
The Serum Wesker had gave him had saved his life, his wounds healing themselves, but as he felt his bones stitch back, he felt like he was being dragged someplace, the moments where he could actually see he recalled the halls moving as if he was moving.

Then a wet damp feeling coated his face as he blinked, seeing a blue sky above his head with plumes of smoke in the air.
A black figure with something pink, it was licking him.
His eyes widened when he saw what it was.

A Pitch Blank Panther with a collar that showed his name: Rodem.
It had somehow pulled him out of the exploding lab before he was burned alive.
Before he could process this, Rodem leapt up into the trees above and disappeared from sight.

Rugal

The King of Fighters meanwhile was putting Bruno Ganz to shame as he roared up a storm as the destruction of his Empire.
"WHEN I FIND OUT WHO THE HELL WAS RESPONIBLE FOR THIS, I WILL TEAR THEIR FLESH OFF AND SHOWER IN THEIR PAIN AND SUF-....
Teri, How long have you been standing there?...." He suddenly asked as he detected Teri though the rage as she neared.
"...Wait...You...Did this?....
....."
He was now in a rather conflicted state, happy he was free from the Cartel and it's responsibilities, Enraged at the destruction of everything else in his life outside of his "Family".
".....Why?...." He merely asked as he tried to compose himself.

Look at me, I'm on a Motherf**king Boat.

Melethia shook her head. "Sis, to be fair, it was that blue hunk of stupid that caused the place to blow up. We barely killed anyone there, remember? Oh, Miss Furiae, could ya please hand me a bit more of that food? I came with ya, I'll help ya out with this." She gave her sister a hug, letting Teri know that the elf would have her back.

Meanwhile, Devon laughed as he shook his head. "Hey, you guys deserve just as much credit here. I may have come up with the plan, but if it wasn't for everyone here, this wouldn't have happened. Caim, ANgelus, thanks for listening to me at the start and believing what I saw. Cadolbolg, you did quite a bit to help out your dad here. Melethia, if it hadn't been for you, we would have had a lot more problems with all those traps you got us past."

He took another breath as he addressed Ton-Ton and Teri. "Ton-Ton, you've shown me time and again that the best things sometimes come in the smallest packages with how brave and selfless you've been. And Teri, there's a great deal that I have to thank you for, especially ensuring that I could focus on keeping Furiae out of harm's way in that last fight with Bruiser. Everyone, enjoy the meal while it's still warm."

The Pizza guy shrugged as he took a drink of the booze he had on-board. The group could have the celebration, but when he got back to land, he could sell all that gold to help with his student loans! And the others at the store had said he was crazy for doing this delivery... But didn't his boss say he was getting overtime for this delivery as well?

Yup, this was a very good day for him.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 . . . 875 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or