The Escapist Avatar Adventure: An Open RP (Now Re-Opened!)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 . . . 873 NEXT

Storm-178 (And Alpha)
Time: Breakfast.

The Spartan took his helmet once more to eat the muffins. "Thank you ... though I didn't really yell" Storm said to the cleric but said the last bit quietly. Once more Storm smiled as he was enjoying his breakfast of mini-muffins, and he was glad that he got something that Rugal didn't have. Though Storm could feel a virtual touch you can say, and once more Alpha was next to him in holographic form.

"Umm ... uh" She said nervously and was too embarrassed to say anything. Storm laughed inside his head as he noticed her gaze towards the blueberry muffins. "Go ahead, take one." He held up a muffin towards her. It would be obvious that she cannot eat the muffin though she pressed a few buttons, scanned the muffins and there we go, she held a muffin. "Hmm, I see that this is no ordinary muffin, it is made from-", "Just eat the muffin, k?" He said in a tired voice, the fall from the water tower did not bode well for him. The holographic AI shrugged and kept eating.

Gunsmoke: Team heading to Rock Ridge - Minutes later after breakfast.

Storm was walking beside the group which was heading to Rock Ridge. Thanks to Alpha the suit's cooling system was working once more and the Spartan looked happy as can be. He was well protected from the sun and head, and yet he filled up his water storage before he left. Though the only thing that worried him was the killing part of the plan, he does not intend to kill anyone and if anything he is more interested in the rebuilding part of the plan rather then the action.

"Though I guess I would get slack if I don't fight once in a while ... I'll guess I'll fight non-lethally. Might get some money afterwards." He said to himself and smirked underneath his helmet.

Gunsmoke: Team heading to Rock Ridge

Teri could faintly hear Sadeo through what felt like a large amount of interference. -i -er-, I-'s --en a -h-le since I -as- -ear- fro- --u

"Sadei?! I can't hear you very well. You sound so far away..."

Teri's mind strained to get a better listen on Sadei's voice, but with her parents talking in her ears, found her concentration was broken.

"Well...Would you rather if I had? It was either this or a bandana across my eyes. I decided this would be less..."Noticeable"..." He explained before turning to Slindis.
"Before you ask, I'm fine for water for now. My only real concern was the heat and our Dear Cleric here took care of that." He said, a hint of warm pride in his voice as he walked.

"Those glasses help prevent any injury to the afflicted areas on him, so it's no surprise that he keeps them on."

After beaming from the compliment, Teri waved a hand back in forth dismissively, she fussing faintly, "Nonononono! You misunderstand me. It's not the fact that he's wearing sunglasses, its that pair in particular! You see- you know what? Forget it. You weren't there when it happened Mum, and if Dad doesn't remember, I'm just making a mountain out of a molehill... Ah well, at least I remember."

With a little sigh, she readied the incantation for the next use of the spell for Slindis, not even realizing she hadn't used it on herself yet.
---

"Pretty sure I did, otherwise this would feel a good bit worse."

Cadolbolg took note of the speed increase with joy, not having to keep himself slow for Devon's sake. With another

Gunsmoke: Team heading to Blackwater

"I know VERY WELL who they are, Melethia! And "a bit scary" is the biggest understa- Wait, Redscale? Do you mean..."

"So, what'll we use for cover stories? I'll say I'm Miss Snow's daughter, and Library could me that nephew you had brought over to whip into shape, Mister Caim!"

Caim shook with a silent laugh, "A shame Devon isn't here, aside from the titles that falsehood would become truth!"

However, his laughter ended when he heard David's comment, and frowned, his Death GlareTM beginning to do it's work, "... You know who we are? What do you mean by that, boy? Someone spreading rumors, or do you know who we are. I don't intend to harm you, but tell me what you know now and how you got that information; and we can end this conversation on peaceful terms..."

Angelus flickered a glance to the boy as well, and gave a sniff of the air, just to see if there was anything off about him; but as far as she could tell, she smelled musty books. Furthermore, between her, Melethia and Jenny, the three already knew that Caim's newfound paranoia was most likely rooted in Furiae's recent release. The less known about that, the better.

However, Angelus had another pet theory regarding Caim's hostilities. Depending upon how the boy responded, it could prove or disprove him being an Author... Which was something Angelus did NOT want to deal with at that moment. Two of them was bad enough; but at least they had a large force to aid them as well as combat skills to protect themselves with. An untrained Author was like a live grenade in a mine field; ready to cause chaos with the lightest of motions.

"Oh right,...Well, I figured seeing my luck with my vision, I might as well hang onto a pair, unfortunately, my hunch was right..." Rugal stated, reminding himself of his blinding.
"Still, I can say I do not regret bringing them now..." He added as they neared a incline.

West looked on as David A. managed to get himself in a spot of bother with Caim.
"Hey, Caim my man, mind not getting your murder on this train? If you wait until Blackwater, I'll even help you dump the body." He snarked from his seat before turning to Melethia and adding "And I call the Irish Brother!"

Jenny meanwhile was up and trying to calm Caim down before he got REALLY mad.
"Listen to me Caim, He could have just heard it from one of the others. Come on, we don't want to draw attention to ourselves..." She said, hoping to quell his wrath before it got underway.

However, his laughter ended when he heard David's comment, and frowned, his Death GlareTM beginning to do it's work, "... You know who we are? What do you mean by that, boy? Someone spreading rumors, or do you know who we are. I don't intend to harm you, but tell me what you know now and how you got that information; and we can end this conversation on peaceful terms..."

David stood up from his seat, his back leaning against the window, with Caim following suit, except he wasn't cowering back in fear. More like ready to pull out a weapon out of nowhere to cut him into many bloody pieces. The amulet's buzz grew from a soft buzz into something much more louder and painful. It felt like his brain was going to spill out of his ears and onto the floor. Before David could speak, Jenny spoke up and tried to calm him down.

"Listen to me Caim, He could have just heard it from one of the others. Come on, we don't want to draw attention to ourselves..."

"AHAHAHAHA! Y-yeah that's it! I j-just heard talk about you and Angelus from the others! S-sounded like some pretty grisly stuff!" David didn't sound particularly convincing (read:not at all), but he hoped Caim would buy it, otherwise his time here will be very VERY short and messy.

REDACTED

"Hey, Caim my man, mind not getting your murder on this train? If you wait until Blackwater, I'll even help you dump the body." He snarked from his seat before turning to Melethia and adding "And I call the Irish Brother!"

"Listen to me Caim, He could have just heard it from one of the others. Come on, we don't want to draw attention to ourselves..."

"AHAHAHAHA! Y-yeah that's it! I j-just heard talk about you and Angelus from the others! S-sounded like some pretty grisly stuff!"

Angelus lightly tapped Caim on the shoulder, the warrior still on edge of the implications David brought, and spoke softly, "What they say is true, Caim. You and I have a long and bloody list of deeds that has granted us a less than stellar reputation... Look at he shivers. Obviously he's heard tales of how you've rendered armies into nothing... Did not the Empire quell in the same way?"

Caim's glare remained, but his posture loosened, and he found himself back in a comfortable position in his seat. Finally, he blinked and looked out the window for a distraction, waving a hand to dismiss David, "Fine. They speak the truth. I'll trust their judgement."

Hiding a sigh of relief as a sigh, Angelus shot a thankful glance at Jenny and 'sent', "Thank you. We did not need our cover blown... I'll work a bit harder to keep him under check..."

"Fine. They speak the truth. I'll trust their judgement."

David fell back in his seat, letting out a breath that he held onto for a good minute. The amulet's humming slowed, and the pain in his head slowly went away. Within a couple of seconds of it stopping, it came back, though this time it was much more intense as was the hum, causing him to grip his forehead and squeeze his eyes shut, as a faint and staticky voice echoed in the recesses of his mind. ""Than- ....We did-.... -own... -ork a bi-..... to ke-...-eck......"

"Ghh!" As soon as the voices faded, the pain did as well. Any of the lingering fear that was left after dealing with Caim was replaced with a strong sense of perplexity. 'What... What the hell was that?'

After about ten minutes of walking on a desert road in the scorching heat, leaving the GM to wonder why the hell they didn't get some kind of transport, the group could hear the sound of steps, random "kweh!"s and the clacking of cart wheels on stones.

It was Fionn, having taken the path of common sense and gotten a Wagon and four Chocobos to pull it. His shotgun was placed on the front passenger seat in easy reach. As he approached the group he called out "Anyone boarding the express? Or are you all going to try to fight the sun in a war of endurance?" He said as he stooped the cart and jumped off, checking that the chocobos were alright. "You all know it's about 10 miles to Rock Ridge right? Do you honestly think you'll be able to put up fight against whatever is out there after walking this?"

Melethia nodded to West. "I dunno what a Irish is, but I'll be more than happy to have ya as a brother, Keen Eye." She smiled before she drifted over to Pandora and looked up at her. "If what the time table said earlier was right, we're a bit over halfway there Miss Snow. Ya okay?"

She heard the bit about being a magnet for bad luck and shrugged. "So people wanna blame ya for when they mess up an' botch a plan, huh? Maybe they're just scared of that neat look ya have, but for lotsa people, disaster's just an excuse."

Slindis thought a moment about how to respond to Fionn's response without sounding offended, eventually going with a polite nod as she jumped onto Lupito's back. "I do appreciate you watching out for the others here, even if ten miles isn't all that long of a walk. The others can ride with you, but I'm more than comfortable riding on Lupito. Teri already cast a spell on him to ensure that this isn't that bad for him, and ten miles is nothing compared to a three day journey in the desert in full plate." Some of the others entered the carriage, notably Devon, Ella and Ton-Ton.

---

Sadei responded to Teri again, this time coming in a bit stronger. Sorry, it's just a bit hard to hear you... I didn't mean to cause you any trouble, Teri. She was clearly a bit down, and she hid her emotions worse than Melethia. Even an idiot could pick up on Sadei's dejected state.

---

Devon held Ton-Ton in his lap as he stayed near Ella, and Devon took some time from the small talk with Ella to check up on Ton-Ton. "Last time I practiced with your Dad, we were focusing on some special movements I could make in a fight. SO, when we go for training, just start up in close range"

Gunsmoke

After eating breakfast, Matt decided to look around the town. His first stop was the blacksmith. "Good morning sir, I have a question for you. How sharp can you make a throwing knife?" Matt asked him.

Gunsmoke

"Good morning sir, I have a question for you. How sharp can you make a throwing knife?" .

"How's this for you sir?" The Dragon reached for a knife on his table, one he had just finished work on, and flung it at at a plate of hardened steel. With minimal force behind it, the knife went through it as though it was tinfoil. "Now sir, let us talk business. Also, do you also want any work done on your prosthetic arms? I could do a few things with those." The dragon was now thinking on the possible improvements on Matt's arms, he hadn't served someone with a prosthetic in a long time.

"I do appreciate you watching out for the others here, even if ten miles isn't all that long of a walk. The others can ride with you, but I'm more than comfortable riding on Lupito. Teri already cast a spell on him to ensure that this isn't that bad for him, and ten miles is nothing compared to a three day journey in the desert in full plate."

Teri waved at her friends in the carriage, and finished casting Endure Elements on herself, climbing up on Garm after she did so.

"Yup, I treated me and Garm the same way. Besides, I wouldn't want my buddy here to be too lonely! You coming along, Dad? Luke?"

She gave the wolf a friendly pat on the head saying this, and then concentrated on Sadei's voice again,
Sorry, it's just a bit hard to hear you... I didn't mean to cause you any trouble, Teri.

Teri felt a pang of guilt hearing this, realizing that her negligence in attention had caused this shift in tone, "You're not causing me any trouble at all, friend. I was just worried that you sounded so far away. I thought something had happened to you... Now, aside from me not keeping up my end of my promise, is there anything wrong? You sound so... quiet. Again, I'm really sorry I haven't been doing very well to speak with you..."

---

"Last time I practiced with your Dad, we were focusing on some special movements I could make in a fight. SO, when we go for training, just start up in close range"

Ton Ton tilted his head in interest, "Mister Caim is Cadolbolg's Father, not mine. In fact I do not have a father nor a mother. I have a Mistress. Mind you, I mean him no offense in that regard; I am only stating a fact. Now, as you were saying with training, I will do what I can to teach you short range battle, as I cannot deal much damage until I am up close and personal, but I cannot guarantee anything."

Cadolbolg fluttered and landed on Devon's head in a similar manner to how he perched on Caim, and nodded, "I remember sparring with Friend Ton Ton. He kept me and Father on our toes. That knife really stings and he's very strong against my fire breath!"

Gunsmoke
Justin got a strange feeling he was being watched. he stated to turn around when he found himself being grabed by someone he couldn't see.
"OK pal you got five seconds to explain who the hell you are."
Justin was confused especially since whoever this was had to be significantly stronger than the average person to be able to lift him a few inches off the ground. the stranger turned around and Justin saw the stranger was oddly familiar the only thing out of place was the stranger had green eyes that flashed bright green. the stranger did put him down.
"Any particular reason you have a slight resemblance to me?" the Termi-Dillon asked
"Also why exactly are you letting out a distress signal?"
"How can you hear my signal only AI's can hear it....." Justin looked at the stranger with suspicion.

Rugal heard Fionn's offer for a Carriage as well as seeing a few of the Energy "Blobs" that represented his team in his eyes.
"Thanks, but as you should know, we are no strangers to long treks. Besides, These Bandits would be experts at raiding Carriages, would they not?..." He stated before moving onwards, that Endure Elements spell taking all effort out of this hike.
"That being said, I'm certain that it'll be of some use at some point. I'm betting the traders would be glad to borrow it once we clear the place out..."

West was rather shocked at the fact that Melethia didn't know what an "Irish" was.
"...Irish is the name my people, The residents of the Emerald Isle....I swear to god, this realm better have an Ireland! Sure, The Irish built America. And for less than Black People if I remember Grand-da's stories right..." He corrected her, tempted to go all history teacher on her ass all the way from Celtic Legends to The 1916 Rising.

Jenny meanwhile merely nodded happily as Caim was calmed down.
It's a full time job, ain't it? She "Sent" back before returning to her seat and watching the scenery race past.

Gunsmoke

"I'll take ten throwing knifes just as sharp as that," Matt said producing a bag full of gold coins to let the dragon know that he could pay. "As for the arms, they aren't the only ones prosthetic, Matt said showing the dragon his prosthetic legs. "That's what happens when you get hit with a bomb up close. I would like upgrades to all four limbs if that's alright with you?" Matt asked him.

Justin squinted... This face he knew and he hadn't seen it for a long long time...

"Dillon... DILLON?" Justin's horrifying realization hit him like a ton of bricks, Justin's surprise immediately gave way to a bitter scowl. "You better put me down kid, you may be an author but I'm a killing machine!" Justin morphed his hand and made a quick jabbing motion to his brother's guts "And a villain, you chose the wrong man to fuck with kid" he stopped the needle like claws a millimeter away from his brother's stomach.

"But seriously bro put me the hell down."

"Brother? you mean your part of his? OH COME ON."
The Termi-Dillon put Justin down.
"Your not the only killing machine by the way." his eyes flashed bright green.
"SO then what exactly are you doing here? And why are you letting out a distress signal I'm hearing it and I wanna know what it's for?"

"Thanks, but as you should know, we are no strangers to long treks. Besides, These Bandits would be experts at raiding Carriages, would they not?..."

"Beats being out in the open when approaching a town that could be guarded with sharpshooters, a nice slow, tall, blind target. Eh, suit yourself. I might go on ahead and scout a little later on." Fionn shrugged at the replies he received to his offer and kept moving with his passengers. Wonder if any of these have ever actually been in a proper war.... He kept at a sedate pace for the time being to stick with the rest of the group.

Meanwhile....

"That's what happens when you get hit with a bomb up close. I would like upgrades to all four limbs if that's alright with you?"

"Certainly my boy!" The dragon grinned at the chance to work on such advanced machinery, "What would you like me to add to your limbs?" He asked while producing ten knives just like the one he had thrown, placing them on the table.

"This?" Justin said pulling out the disk that had been sending out the distress call, rolling it on his fingers hypnotically.

"To call me mother fucker!" The Termi-Dillon heard the sound of an old fashion revolver cocking. "Justin darling you missed dinner last night"

"I know dear I had a little bit of a problem with some new folks in town, they are real heroes if you know what I mean." Justin said trying to speak code. "And also" Justin turned looking at the Termi-Dillon and inhaled deeply through his nose "you aren't my brother you're not even alive.. Who are you?"

The Termi-Dillon rolled his eyes
"I am a cybernetic terminator I was originally designed to assassinate A target called Amaya by impersonating Dillon, taking advantage of her affection for him. then I would kill him as well. However Dillon has given my my own free-will, He gave me a few rules that prevent me form causing pointless destruction. Your brother has also dubbed me X I like it."
The Machine then looked around to see the humanoid Glados
"Hmm a fellow quantum AI, much more advanced than I but we have similarities." he addressed her respectfully."

Slindis began leading the way, keeping a sharp eye out for Anything unusual on the road ahead. Although she wasn't familiar with this exact area, she'd spent a few weeks in a desert with frequent by living and unliving creatures that wanted her group dead. Being with her close friend on the forward watch taught her a good number of small tricks to spot ambushers. "Teri, I'll give a signal if I spot anything. We do have Rugal here, but I don't know how much strain that vision has on him." She gave Lupito a drink from the flask while she checked the area.

---

Sadei sounded a bit more cheerful, although she still sounded down. I understand that there's a lot more, but you're the only person I can talk to... I really don't want to sound pushy, but please try to keep that in mind...
---

Devon nodded and reached up to give Ton-Ton a high five."That's exactly the kind of thing I need, actually! Well, I was working with something with Caim. It's a lot of footwork kind of stuff, and there's an idea that we were working on. I'll tell you more about it, but I'm sure you'll be able to help a lot more than you think." THe longer they were out in the Desert air, the better the mood that out Bard got, although he didn't really know why. After the High Five, he reached up and patted Cadolbolg on the head.

Melethia nodded at David's response. "I'm guessin' they're tempermental, or is that just ya? Even if there aren't any Irish people, Keen Eye, ya can be some kinda uncle. 'Sides, I don't wanna be mean, but there's lotsa places that that are just specific to one world... Like the Thunder Sea. I could tell them all about the Emerald of Three Barrel Cove, but they wouldn't know what it means at all, since they don't know anything about the place. Doesn't matter, anyway..."

Perking up after hearing his name, Rugal then answered "It's not really the strain, I just haven't exactly got the hang of it yet. Normally, before I lost my vision, I would sense someone's energy as a "hunch", If you were to walk up behind me, I'd know. But without my vision, I have to focus a lot harder to "See" by using it. I'm still figuring out if there is any way I can enhance it's strength or range because at the moment, it's not very good."

Once he was done talking, he attempted to use this sense to detect anything up ahead, picking up nothing but what appeared to be a small lizard on a rock.
"...Still, I'm betting it won't be anything we can't handle..."

West shrugged at Melethia's response.
"Fair enough. Second we get back, I'm showing you the Giant's Causeway, get a bit of culture into ya." He teased as he looked to Caim and Angelus.
"So what's going to be your cover story?"
"Oh, that's easy! Former Soldier and his partner. Just a matter of picking what outfit he was in." Jenny chimed in before they could respond, feeling it was going to be their answer.
She didn't read their minds, but it suited them perfectly.

"Teri, I'll give a signal if I spot anything. We do have Rugal here, but I don't know how much strain that vision has on him."

"Yes ma'am!"

Teri, in a similar vein, did her best to keep an eye out; but after getting fed up with the brightness of the sun reflected on the desert sands, scribbled on the tablet, and poofed a pair of shades for herself. After doing so, she turned her attentions to Sadei again,

I understand that there's a lot more, but you're the only person I can talk to... I really don't want to sound pushy, but please try to keep that in mind...

Nodding in agreement, Teri 'sent' back, "No, you don't sound pushy at all. In fact, don't be afraid to give me a mental poke every once in a while! Don't let yourself fade into obscurity because my one track mind strikes again! On the other hand, I'll work harder to keep you in my thoughts. Mkay?"

---

Devon nodded and reached up to give Ton-Ton a high five."That's exactly the kind of thing I need, actually! Well, I was working with something with Caim. It's a lot of footwork kind of stuff, and there's an idea that we were working on. I'll tell you more about it, but I'm sure you'll be able to help a lot more than you think." After the High Five, he reached up and patted Cadolbolg on the head.

Ton Ton shook the lantern happily after the high five, "I'm flattered that you have confidence in me, Mr. Devon. I'll do what I can to satisfy your needs in training. However..."

He looked up to his pact partner, "I am not very fast. I think I might need your help, friend. You are far speedier than I."

Cadolbolg waved his tail in a joyful response, "Of course, Friend Ton Ton! It would do well for me to train with the both of you. Perhaps we could show Friend Devon how to deal with multiple attackers? With you going at his ankles, and myself attacking from above, I'm certain Friend Devon would learn very quickly..."

Oh dear, looks like you've created a monster, Mr. Bard.

It's a full time job, ain't it?

Jenny could practically taste the exasperation in Angelus' message when she heard, "You've no idea...." and saw the dragon shoot a tired smile the Pokemon's way.

However, when the mention of cover stories went up, she could see the mute's face loosen into a softer expression that almost resembled a smirk, "Works for me. The best lies have a grain of truth in them anyway."

Storm-178 (And Alpha)
Time: 10am?.

As the group paused to talk to Fionn, the superhuman Spartan known as Storm-178 (Or Shaun to anyone close to him.) pulled a clothe from the bag of holding which Slindis gave to him a while ago, though Storm did not exactly remember who gave him this bag or why it stores an unimaginable amount of gear in it. "Geez this thing could store a Spartan laser ... and that's another thing I need to ask for." Storm said to himself as he looked back to the carriage.

He wiped away the dust from his emblem which was located on both of his soldiers and upper left of his chest-plate.

It was the symbol which he wore through his life, filled with war, firefights and the occasional massacre which he can only watch.

A cheery tone came from the helmet as the talked to Fionn. "As much as I would like to get on ... I'm afraid this suit would either break this carriage or it would easily slow us down, which would not be good. I'm good walking, I have done it in the past." Storm's tone started to get dark as he remembered those days of scouting, running around and escaping planets from the covenant threat. He even had to leave his home, which was Earth.

Storm sighed as he kept walking on, though he started to think of happier thoughts you could say.
Like rebuilding the town and bringing justice to those that dwell in the dark side of life.
A single cock from his own futuristic shotgun was heard.

Nelethia nodded as she went over to Ashworth, noticing that he was losing his cool. "Library, what's eatin' ya? Somethin's gettin' to ya, an' it's easy to see. Can I help ya relax?"

Slindis put a hand on Rugal's arm. "Would you please stick to the cart? Having someone that could act as a rearguard would be fantastic, so let me and Teri handle the front."

Melethia nodded as she went over to Ashworth, noticing that he was losing his cool. "Library, what's eatin' ya? Somethin's gettin' to ya, an' it's easy to see. Can I help ya relax?"

David rubbed his his face, still feeling somewhat woozy. "Nggh... Yeah, you could start off by calling me by my name instead of Library all the time. In case you forgot already, it's David Ashworth," He spoke weakly. He bent down on his chair, trying to feel around for the book he dropped when he was being questioned by Caim. Damn, that guy was scary.

Melethia fished up the book that had fallen under one of the seats and handed it to David. "Fine, Mister A. I was tryin to use somethin a bit different 'cause I get weird looks when I use names, and when we're workin' a job like this one, we gotta keep a low profile. Jeez, haven't ya worked a job like this before?" She was a bit miffed at the man's annoyance, and it was through that phrase that she tried to hint in that having other people know his name wasn't a good idea.

Melethia fished up the book that had fallen under one of the seats and handed it to David. "Fine, Mister A. I was tryin to use somethin a bit different 'cause I get weird looks when I use names, and when we're workin' a job like this one, we gotta keep a low profile. Jeez, haven't ya worked a job like this before?" She was a bit miffed at the man's annoyance, and it was through that phrase that she tried to hint in that having other people know his name wasn't a good idea.

David shook off the remaining pain and took the book, storing it away in his bag.

"No. I have never needed to do such things ever in my life, since I am not a part of some hero squad that does his for a living," He pulled the glasses off of his face and mussed up his hair with a sigh. "But I suppose I could accommodate. I don't really have much of a choice, anyway."

He rolled up his sleeves, untucked his shirt, and unbuttoned the three topmost buttons of his shirt. He kicked up his feet with a grunt, and rested his hands behind his head, and put on a small smile on his face. With the "transformation" completed, he now looked less like a bookworm, and more of a lazy slacker.

"So, how am I lookin' Mel?" He spoke in a laid-back manner, and gave the elf a smirk. "I hope I'm meetin' your expectations. Hehehe!"

"Anything to make them all stronger and tougher while making them lighter is certainly welcomed. There is something else I want you to replace," Matt said as he took a couple steps back to get some space. Just then what looked like swords with their blades swung out from the sides of his arms and began to hum loudly. A few seconds later a glow started to form around the edge that began to take of a blade. "These are plasma blades and they have become a nuisance to me. They are slow to start up and they take a lot energy to maintain. They are also not truly detachable since they have to remain connected through a wire so they still have power. If you can replace them with swords that are just as sharp as those knives I would be most grateful. As for the legs, I'll let you decided if they need anything special since I think they're fine as they are," Matt concluded as he detached one of his arms and handed to the dragon.

West watched as the train chugged into a much more hospitable terrain.

"Huh...Either this train is going faster or that Desert was a lot smaller. Either way, Guess we ain't getting sunburnt. Should be coming into Blackwater any moment now Guys." He said as he stood up to get a better view of the passing forest.

"Good, Tropical Climates are nothing to the heat of Desert Climates..." Jenny said as she caught her reflection in the window.
"Hurmmmmm...I hope I don't stand out too much with my appearance..." she mused, wonding what she could do about that.

Rugal was about to protest, not wanting to be relegated from his qazi-Leader post because of his blindness, but ultimately, he chose against it.
"...Alright then. Keep sharp, I'm almost certain we are close to the Town. And the Bandits." He warned as he began to watch the rear with Storm.
"Second that Radar of yours pings, I want to know. I ain't letting some illiterate raider take pot shots at me if I can help it." He ordered, showing his bigotry against the bandits he hadn't even met yet.

Kate swore as the train bucked and rattled beneath her feet, and scrabbled for a hold on the metal surface. Holding a white-knuckle grip on the edge of the roof, she glanced beneath her. The ground rushed past in a blur of greens and browns, to fast to pick out any details. The wind roared in her ears, blowing her short hair out in a stream behind her. Gritting her teeth, she flung her foot out to the side, pressing against the window sill. It slipped slightly, then caught on a kink in the metal rim.

Rock Ridge

After a few hours of walking, rambling discussions on philosophy, and Rugal leading a charge against a massive power that turned out to be a wild cat, the group had finally made it to Rock Ridge.

The town from a distance looked eerily calm, there appeared to be no violence of conflicts from what the heroes could see of the town. The town itself looked a bit like Gunsmoke, although less developed and lively yet more colorful. The town even had an Ice Cream Shop! It was strange, as if the attackers were expecting guests......

Fionn stopped the wagon at the end of the road, just within seeing distance of the town. "Right, either the attackers have guessed something like to us to some along and have taken up places in the town, or they're camped out someplace." He jumped off the wagon, going over to Slindis, Rugal and Storm, "So, I'm thinking we need a plan go in there, any ideas?"

Rock Ridge

Rugal, fresh off that embarrassing Cat Incident, was keen to check out the town, not wanting to appear weak in front of that Spartan.
"Out of range for my Sense...Tell you what, how about we just send the Carriage in first? Just slap those "Chick Horses" and get them to run in. If shots are fired, we can sneak in and ambush them while they examine it. Worse thing that happens is we have Chicken tonight." He said as he kneeled beside a rock, If he can't see them, He certainly was about to let them see him.

"Any Objections to sending the chickens in first?"

Melethia nodded and gave a thumbs up to David A. "Lookin' good, Bookworm! Now just act like ya belong and most of the time, ya can get by on that." The girl jumped up and messed up his hair a bit to help with the image before moving over to Jenny.

"Miss Jenny, there was Dragons in that last town. I've got the feelin' you'll fit in just fine. As I just told Bookworm, ya gotta be able to convince others that there's nothin' off. Anyway, for your cover, I think you'll be just fine as Auntie Jenny." Although it would be a massive stretch, Melethia's hair was close to the same green that was Jenny's body.

The train began ringing bells as it slowed for the approach into the Blackwater Station.

Devon turned to Rugal and raised a hand. "I kind of do, and it kind of ties in with those being our only way of transport that's good for more than one of us. So, they'll attack on sight, right? What would happen if they attacked an Illusion?..." He turned to Rugal to hear his response while Slindis chimed in.

"Hm... the response could give us an idea of what level of hostilities we'll be expecting without any serious risk. I say we give it a try, and we could move to a different position if the response is overwhelmingly aggressive. Besides, it's better than going in with weapons free." She checked over the rest of the group and noticed that Storm had run off. She knew that he had worked under the angels, which made her more than a bit worried that he could go off and alert the town before they could find out what was going on.

---

Sadei responded to Teri in that faint voice again. Okay, Teri... I just didn't want to distract you. Still, I'll try to talk to you more. I'm sorry about making you worry about me...

Team Rock Ridge

"Like Back on the Blackhawke?...Yes, I guess that'd be a better approach..." Rugal said, his master plan clearly outclassed.
"Right...Send in a image of a..."Lawman". Make him appear tough." He ordered, cursing slightly at his lack of vision.

Team Blackwater

The Train soon stopped and our gang of would be Secret Agents arrived in Blackwater.

It was a bustling riverside settlement that was clearly the Wealthy counterpart to Gunsmoke, but the wide and colourful array of different races and creatures remained, albeit better clad and groomed.
The shops and craftsmen were more varied, and expensive, then it's western twin and it showed.
David West was the first to get off the train, having a good feeling about this town before he was followed by Jenny, grateful that she wasn't going stand out from everyone else.
"Now...This is nice, Clean town, decent people, no mass murderers...I could live here...I could live here well..." West said to himself as Jenny retorted "Eh, New York is nicer...."
"...Well...This town doesn't get blown up every few months.
"....Touche."

Pages PREV 1 . . . 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 . . . 873 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or