The Escapist Avatar Adventure: An Open RP (Now Re-Opened!)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 . . . 873 NEXT

Cutie Bruisers, Devon, Caim, Angelus

Devon shook Caim's hand, and he both looked forward to the training while regretting the grueling amount of effort it would take. "Just don't go easy on me, okay? I know you haven't yet, but I really don't want to get lazy here when it comes to this training. Besides, maybe I can try using the shortsword that Slindis gave me. It's no offense to that blade you gave me, of course, but it really does belong to you."

Caim had been in contact with the two mini pact partners for the training, so the training with Caim involved again would be something to behold. Above all, the Bard had never taken a knee even when he clearly should have. There was more than a few times where Ella had to drag the worn out man away from the training.

"Anyway, thanks for having me along. I'll try not to slow you down here." He looked over to Ella and asked her if she wanted to head with him before he chatted to the Imps in that guttural tongue, sending them off to Teri's group.

Melethia, Jenny, Teri, Sadei

As they started along the Path, Melethia looked over to Teri. "Sis, Could I take a look at the staff? I mean, ya can do more than just swing it like Wheathair would. Ya just gotta think about it right!"
The staff was a bit unwieldy, but after a bit of time in her hands, Melethia managed to get a feel for it. After a few movements with it, she handed it back to her sister as the Imps popped up near Teri and gave her a salute.

"Yeah, there's a lot there that you could do with her.. Would ya want to try something with me and miss Jenny when ya get the chance? She caught up with the Gardevoir, keeping pace with her as she could hear the footsteps of a few others.

"Miss Jenny, the train thing is a good backup idea. Still, I like the idea of checkin' that mine. Ya gotta be careful, but there's lotsa stuff we can get there!"

Slindis, Rugal, Lupito

SLindis got on Lupito as they headed out towards the flowers and chatted with Rugal. "I'm honestly not too comfortable with them taking a train, especially with the attention it'll draw. The mine should be able to pan out a bit more, and like it or not, Melethia knows good materials better than most anyone else on the ship and why it's good. Some mother I am, right? Here she should be more concerned with proper schooling and having a good childhood, and yet here she is with more blood on her hands then men three times her age..."

"I don't doubt it, I just hope that if they do attempt to steal a train, they don't get into a fight..." Jenny said as they moved towards Gunsmoke's neighbour, Peach Springs.
"That being said, if it stops us from having to mine out ALL of that metal and lugging it back to the ship. Mmmmm...Wonder how much Iron goes for around here? And how much we all have..." She mused as the imps flocked around them.
"Whoa!...Well, I guess we have help..."

Slindis, Rugal, Lupito

"...Indeed...Still, At the very least, she has your honor and values. All the more reason to get back to "Normality" and out of this backwards realm..." Rugal said as he managed to keep up with the Drow and her mount, even in the desert heat.
"On the Train Issue, I'm certain that there would be more to it than just walking into a mine and helping ourselves to it's sole resource. I wouldn't be surprised that either option would bring up some hassle. On top of that, if we have to pay of our Metal, we might not be able to afford it without selling every still functioning piece of tech on our ship."

Slindis, Lupito, Rugal
The black ball followed them, floating up high in the air, almost too high to see. Soul was plotting and planning. The heroes were going home no time soon.

Matt blinked and her face was directly infront of his own. ofcourse it startled him a bit. "Who are you?"
"You can see me?" she asked him with a rather monotonous and cold voice.

"Yes... but that doesn't explain who you are..." he responded.

She tirlted her head and looked at him again, cold and dead eyes. "Death." was the answer he got.

Melethia grinned. "Oh, if they're goin' for the train, I'm sure they've got a way to break down the metals there. Only an idiot wouldn't if that's what they were planning. Plus with the help we have here to get the stuff out, we've got ways to get the stuff back. We can grab some of the metal through paying, but it's got to be the right price." As they approached the town, they could see a few vendors. Possibly one of them would have metal for a good price?

Slindis, Rugal, Lupito

Slindis shrugged. "If you're worried about not getting the metal, don't. She knows all about metals, including the quality we need and the right price for it. If nothing else, I'm sure with the people there, they'll find a way." Having cast Endure Elements on the small group earlier, the heat was more like a pleasant spring afternoon rather than a hot summer day.

"Still, we should be nearing it, correct?It was a bit of a distance, but we have made a good bit of headway here."

Matt's eyes shifted nervously when the girl said she was Death. "You mean like the grim reaper or a personification or is it just a name? Also could you move out of the way a bit, I need to see where I'm going," Matt asked her a little nervously.

Jenny's group soon entered Peach Springs, a smaller and less diverse place then Gunsmoke but slightly more welcoming and a LOT cleaner, both visually and in the "Shifty bad guys" Sense.

Unlike Gunsmoke, their appearances stood out a bit more as this town was mostly filled with Humans.
Jenny looked around and said "Right...Looks friendly enough...I think...Now...where to start asking?..."

Slindis, Rugal, Lupito

Rugal nodded as he pulled out his PDA and went to check the map.
He then realized what a useless gesture this was, cursing the ones that blinded him.
"Here. Just check it under "Maps". Should be the first on the list." He said before handing it up to her.
Going that, she found their destination.
And with that, the Catch of getting this Flower...

Looks like they would have some climbing to do...

The girl looked at him and for a split second, he was staring at thousands of lost souls, searching for a way. "Can we play a game? I like games." she said to him. Another blink of the eyes, and she was siting next to him, defying gravity on the side of the mech.

Jenny looked around and said "Right...Looks friendly enough...I think...Now...where to start asking?..."

Teri shrugged at the question, and gave a somewhat stern look at Melethia, whispering quickly: "The train shouldn't even be an option! Stealing a vehicle is a crime! Granted, I've done some bad things myself, but I'd rather not add any more sins to the list as it stands... That beings said... You're the metal expert, Mel. What should we do?"

As she said this, she gave a friendly nod to the imps following the group around, and gave Garm a friendly pat on the head. It was nice to do this quiet task, as opposed to constantly fighting for one's life...

Caim, Angelus, Devon, The Cuties

Caim's face extended into a calm smile, as he took in the wind in his face. A nice flight in the sun did his soul some good, even if there was another on the dragon's back, and currently clinging to him for dear life. It was hard to ruin Caim's mood in times like this. In a similar vein, Cadolbolg and Ton Ton flew at around Caim's level, and gave friendly wave to the bard, "Holding up well, Friend Devon?"

"Sure is invigorating, isn't it!"

In the meantime, Angelus flapped her wings again, and allowed the thermals to keep her at her altitude. Even if their world was destroyed and was a crapshack to begin with, she had to admit it was nice to fly from place to place whilst living there...

Devon wasn't really used to flying like this, but if Caim wasn't worrying, then they had to be doing okay... He still stuck close to Caim, of course, but it could be a good bit worse.

"Heh heh... it's certainly something that I have to get used to..." It was clear that the man was more than a bit nervous, but then again, this was only his second time flying on a dragon. It wasn't something someone instantly became accustomed to, after all.

Melethia shrugged. "Hey, if they can make it work, I'll take it. It's a loss that can be afforded, unless ya want to be stuck here. Honestly, we're short on supplies and you're worrying about the means behind one way to get it? I'd say the blacksmith, people. They need ta get their stuff from somewhere, right? Find that, we'll get some good quality steel here."

Sadei chimed in again, talking to Teri in a confused tone. Teri, I know that I know that girl from somewhere... She's got some real nasty streak in her, but it's on the edge of my mind!

Slindis, Rugal, Lupito

Slindis informed Rugal about the climb they'd have to take and pulled up a topographical map in the PDA for their approach, evaluating what would be the best approach up the mountain.

"We're going to have a good climb here, Rugal. I can see a few paths we can take, but I'd rather avoid the gullies. If we get any kind of rain here, that's the path the water will take down the plateau. Plus, there's also Lupito to watch out for."

With that, Slindis began the zigzagging approach, and Lupito led up the rear to ensure Rigal didn't lose his way.

Teri, I'm going with your sister here. I don't like it either, but if that train would bring us closer to getting home, then I'll accept it. Now then, to the Blacksmiths then... Jenny "Sent" to the both of them telepathically before advancing through the town, her strange appearance standing out more than it did in Gunsmoke and Blackwater, resulting in a few glances from the townspeople.

While the leering was un-nerving, they made it to their goal easily enough, the smell of steel and smoke filling the air as they entered.
Unlike Gunsmoke, the Blacksmith was a green overweight Orc in a leather apron, banging his hammer on a jagged Long Sword as they entered.
Once he realized he had guests, he stopped and said in an dismissive tone "...Can I help you?..."

Before long, the group neared the location of the Power Crystal, it's location coming into view as Angelus passed over a ridge.

It was too far away at this point to make anything out, namely if it was inhabited or not.

Slindis, Rugal, Lupito

"Tch! Always a catch..." Rugal sighed as he followed, grabbing onto Luptio's collar to help guide him.
"So our target is up on top of that Mesa? Must only grow in hot climate and high. Must be extremely rare then..." He deduced as he used his Sense the odd time to keep on course.
"Just, Now no offense, but if it's a Vertical Climb, I'm betting Luptio would have to stay on ground level. Unless you two have done this sort of thing before..." He stated, wishing he could see how high of a climb it'd be.

On the Mesa itself, as large as it was from a distance, it only got bigger up close, the geography of this realm allowed it to form much higher than the ones back in their Home Realm.
If it wasn't for the heat, it could have an Ice Cap at the top.

"What kind of game do you want to play then? I spy, tic-tac-toe, old maid, poker, blackjack... what?" Matt asked sarcastically as started walking the mech towards Gunsmoke, hoping nobody would be able to hear him talking.

"I don't know. Just games. But how can you see me?" she asked him. The girl was unphased by the steps of the mech, just sort of sitting there. Her entire body seemed creepily still, it was very unnerving and off putting. That's when she reached out and gently poked a finger against his head. He felt it and it certainly was real.

bluerocker:
snip

Kalastryn began thinking of her not-so-old comrades at the rising dawn once she was finished her training after having ascended into being a Daeva... she still wasn't sure what it meant exactly, but the day before the rising dawn crashed just out of gunsmoke, she was given a dream, in which a stranger named calling himself "Tiamat" had visited her with an offer to change herself. Normally, she would have denied such an offer, invasive dreams from outside worlds were what sparked the beginning of the tiefling race...

However, she couldn't at the time detect any evil from them, in fact he seemed almost, if not, divine. She allowed him to speak his terms, which were that apparently, the Gods of a realm or world named Asmodae had been observing her for some time, and were surprised that a monster could show such virtues. Virtues he thought worthy of reward.

The offer was to change her body and soul into a different creature than a Tiefling, memories intact, and very little compensation to be given in turn... well... little, I didn't say none. She would have returned to her allies with the good news of ascending from an unholy blighter who decided against it, to as close to an angel as she thought she was ever going to get. She kept the horns however, as it turns out it wasn't... uncommon... for such a thing to exist in the anatomy of the "Asmodians"...

After switching bodies she was almost instantly teleported to the city of Pandemonium, Asmodae's capital, where she was anointed a "Daeva." The only cost to this change was a few weeks of labor time protecting those who were not chosen for the same thing. Though the new wings were black, at least they resembled a bird like an angel's instead of a bat's like what she half expected. Once she was relieved of duty, she cast a dimension door locking on to the rising dawn's co-ordinates in whichever dimension it was willing to take her to.

upon arrival to Gunsmoke, she spotted Angelus flying in the distance, and flies after them, her wings surprisingly strong for only a couple week's use. Although with the distance... she could look much like an old foe, chasing them, rather than a new friend trying to greet them...

"Some fun you are. As for the seeing part, I have no idea. Could I have killed too many people in my life? The number is pretty high up there," Matt said as he eyed the train station in the distance. Unfortunately there wasn't a train there. "Damnit, looks like we'll have to wait on the outskirts of town until a train shows up," Matt said as he began to power down the mech.

"I'm here because you can see me, but you don't know how." she said and poked him on the side of his head once again. "Hey, do you have DDR?" she asked him rather keen on finding out. Her voice was still monotonous, but had some interest in it. "We could play that." she commented.

"Beg pardon?" Boss said, turning to Matt. "Why do we need to stay on the outskirts of town? What reason is there for that?"

Teri, I'm going with your sister here. I don't like it either, but if that train would bring us closer to getting home, then I'll accept it. Now then, to the Blacksmiths then...

Teri heaved a soft sigh, but 'sent' a light confirmation, "You have a good point.. So long as we don't make too much of a habit out of it."

And thus, they were confronted with the blacksmith in question. With a nervous smile, Teri tried to be the one to start negotiations, and, honest as ever, asked in a straightforward and polite manner, "Greetings, sir. We've heard there's an iron mine close to these parts. Seeing as your livelihood is working with metals, perhaps you could point us in the right direction?"

Before long, the group neared the location of the Power Crystal, it's location coming into view as Angelus passed over a ridge.

It was too far away at this point to make anything out, namely if it was inhabited or not.

As the group began whirling their way down, Angelus' head perked up, and she brought her wings down hard, and forced herself into a 180 turn, "I smell something... Cadolbolg, be ready."

bluerocker:
"I smell something... Cadolbolg, be ready."

As Angelus turned around to see the new Kalastryn she waved at her in midair... then she stopped... Finally remembering the enemy they first united against looked much like she does now... without the horns... and maybe a little less pale. No sunlight for a few weeks tends to do that to a person. She decided instead of flying after them to halt moving towards the group and instead beckon them closer to see. She could see Angelus quite fine across the distance due to the dragon's size... but to the others, all they saw was a winged silhouette who was following them.

Melethia looked up at the ogre after examining the quality of the metal and bluntly talked to him. "We're here for one thing: steel, bulk quantities. You're working with good stuff here, so I know you know a source. We can get you a fair value, but we know your business skyrocketed after the old rail company stopped sending business to elsewhere. So, what'll it be?" Her eyes told the Ogre Blacksmith that the girl was being dead serious, and he knew the hands of a seasoned metalworker when he saw them.

During the final approach to the city in the cliff face, Devon turned around to see something with wings following them. "Caim, was there any mention of anybody with wings following us? Because it looks like we've been followed!"

As for Kalastryn, even at this distance, Devon was fairly recognizable even though he had on a green suit due to the battered side pack that he'd had on him ever since she'd first seen him.

Slindis, Rugal, Lupito

Slindis patted Lupito on the side. "I'm going to need you to keep watch here. You saw the oasis nearby, so get a drink there. I'd love to take you along, but you aren't built for this kind of thing." After that, she toed a rope to Rugal's waist, ensuring it was snug.

"You'll have to follow my lead. The rope's a good one, but it's mainly there for a backup. We'll make a three stage assault, but the longest wave will be the first one. Are you ready?" If Rugal wished to back out of this climb that he'd have an immense trouble completing, now would be the time to make that call.

"Well there's no train at the moment and I'd rather stay out here so people don't ask to many questions. Although we could just steal the train tracks if you don't feel like waiting," Matt said to Boss. "Why would I have DDR out here in the middle of nowhere? The ship we just left probably has it but right now I'm on a mission," Matt quietly whispered to Death.

"......"
The orc was surprised that young girls were asking about this out of all people, but that look in Melethia's eyes...
"...Right...Okay, While I'd like to give you want you want, I can't. I just process the stuff. All the Iron in this shop comes from a Mine in Gaptooth Ridge. Now, normally, You head down there and as long as you have the cash, you could walk away with the shirts of their backs, but recently..." He explained as he resumed his work.
"Heard something strange is going on down there and...well..."
He leaned in and whispered "Last thing they got off me? Was a Gatling Gun...Whatever they are doing, they don't want anyone bugging them...Still...Might be able to find something I can't..."

Slindis, Rugal, Lupito

Unable to get a sense of the scale that they'd be...scaling, Rugal instead just pressed his hand against the rock wall.
"You have the route all mapped out?"
"Indeed."
"...Well, Guess there is only one way to go: Up."
He then drove his fist into the wall, getting a feel for how he would be climbing.
"...Ladies First..." He teased before offering her a boost to get her started.

Storm-178 (And Alpha)
Time: 12pm.

A cold but undisturbed desert laid on the horizon.
A cold wind swept by an unusual sand pile.
The wind passed revealing a green armored man.
It was Storm-178, the greatest and only spartan in these horrible worlds.

A loud groan came from the armor.
"That is the last time I jump off a moving train to avoid an explosion." Storm complained as he easily got up and looked at the tracks behind him. "Welp ... least we helped that poor town and ended up blowing those bad guy's secret lair." The spartan said as he got up and raised his shotgun and cocked it ... which fortunately let out all the sand.

A sigh came out.
"If we are lucky those weapons still work."
"And if we are not ... well lets say that it will be a long time until I get some new weapons from my time." The two said to each other and began to talk whilst travelling.

Walking for a while Storm came upon a cliff, which he was on top.
He saw two figures further along the bottom of the cliff.
"Alpha zoom up on those two."
It seemed it was Rugal and Slindis, though Storm never got a proper introduction, even before his memories were messed with.

"It's that warrior and steroid man. Well it's better then being all alone." Storm said outloud which led to Alpha becoming mad.
"You do that and I won't talk to you for a month. You don't know how to read a romantic situation, look at those two." She complained but it was the complete truth.

A sigh came from Storm.
"Fine, I'll just follow and observe them. I don't want that muscle monkey to break my back. Track them with the radar." The superhuman said as he and his partner AI began to follow the two from half a mile back.

Boss floated about a foot upwards and squinted. "We don't need the tracks, the a couple of boxcars should more than enough; more importantly, I won't put innocent people in danger. And while I may be able to teleport one or two boxcars, I'm not sure if I can teleport them, us, your mech, and teleport the people in them to safety, while teleporting the other cars together. It's...like doing algebra in your head, everything comes out wrong. Can you carry a boxcar?"

Matt looked stupified. "What are you going on about?"

"We're here to get metal for the ship, right? I'm planning."

"Don't. We wait until the train gets here, I don't-"

"Oh, stop it. If you get out of the mech-suit, you'll be fine, and if we get in trouble, I can teleport it back. Or you can just stay here while I gather intel. We at least need to know when the train is coming." A thought struck Boss. "You've been talking to that...did you say it was a girl? Why don't you ask her if she can do some scouting for us, make her useful, see if she at least wants to help?"

Melethia nodded. "So, they're dug in? Seems they musta hit some vein in the mine. If ya can keep this quiet, I'd be more than happy to help ya on a piece or two here." With that, she pulled out one of her blades, and although it had been made differently, it had been bade superbly. If this girl had made it, then there was a lot he could learn, and perhaps she could pick up on how the people here did things.

Slindis, Rugal, Lupito

The two began their climb up the mountain, and Storm's approach was not unnoticed by the overlarge wolf that could probably serve as a mount to anyone on the Rising Dawn. Obviously more than a bit uneasy that they'd been tracked by the tin man, Lupito kept a sharp eye on his movements.

As Melethia chatted up the Blacksmith, Teri turned her thoughts inward to Sadei again, "So you know Melethia..? Huh. Maybe Mum let her handle you a few times? I mean, you were in her bag for a little while, maybe you just don't remember. Anything in particular come to mind when you think of Mel?"

During the final approach to the city in the cliff face, Devon turned around to see something with wings following them. "Caim, was there any mention of anybody with wings following us? Because it looks like we've been followed!"

Angelus took in another snout-full of air, and gave a grim growl in her throat, "Something's nagging me about this scent. I know it, but I cannot place a finger upon what it is. However, I do not recall anyone winged in our number, save for the Morning Star or Devon's consort. But it does not attack us either... I am not certain what to do..."

"Should we engage it?"

"I dunno. If Ms. Angelus really feels like the smell is familiar, then maybe we should investigate..."

Cadolbolg seemed a bit against that idea, obviously siding a bit more with Caim's reasoning of "shoot first, ask questions later". Thus, a standoff was achieved between the fliers, as they tried to concieve a proper course of action...

Sadei sounded confused on her response. I don't think so... Somewhere else? I wish I could tell you more, but the only thing I do know is that I know her... Did I look up to her?

Devon thought it out for a second before responding. I"Hmm, if they've been following us for this long, couldn't they have attacked us by now? I say we give them a chance. If I'm wrong, I've got a backup for us here."

"I still don't know what you're going on about boxcars. I was only planning on stealing the locomotive but I'll ask her anyway," Matt said as he turned towards the girl. "Would you mind helping us please? Boss here was wondering if you could go to the train station and find out when the next train will arrive," Matt asked Death.

"Five minutes or so." the Girl replied, never leaving the mech.

"Wait... you have the powers to see the future?" Matt asked, surprised at the quick response.

The girl simply shook her head no and pointed to a trail of black smoke being thrown up into the air a good bit aways. "I just have good eyes."

"...Ga-Gatling Gun?...." Jenny froze at the sound of that word and for good reason.
"...What would miners do with a Gatling Gun?"
"I don't know....Shoot it at someone?..." The Orc Answered as Melethia gave her insight into the situation.
"Could be...and it might not just Iron....Would explain why they want that kind of firepower. Freaking 2nd Amendment, Think it's an excuse to buy guns for the sake of guns..." He sighed as he got back to work.
"You can check it out, just be careful, that Gun will smear your face into the side of a cliff."
"....."
Jenny went pale at that comment.
"...So you want to buy anything?..."

Slindis, Rugal, Lupito, Storm

As Storm focused on the ascent of Rugal and Slindis, Another Blip appeared on his radar.
Then Another. And Another. And Another, until Alpha realized that they had surrounded him.
"...Ummm...Storm?...We have company..." The AI stated as the spartan turned around and saw several Native American like Tribals encircling them.
The looked at them with vacant eyes as they neared, dressed in Tribal gear and equipped with Tomahawks and Rifles that that had taken from cowboys down on the ground.

Strangely, not all of them had the Native American Ethnicity, why would that be?
Still, they stared on at the Armored man, Storm got the impression he was trespassing.

All the while, the climbers carried on, Rugal stopping only to use his Sense to keep track of Slindis's movements.
The Crunch of Fist meeting Rock made it clear that Rugal wasn't tiring the slightest.
Still, without his vision, it was hard to keep the same pace as she did as he had to tread carefully.

Storm-178 (And Alpha)
Time: 12pm.

Inside Storm's mind he was analyzing the situation.
The bullets would leave shallow dents, may penetrate if hit too much.
The tomahawks would leave deep cuts in armor if left too open.
Though he noticed their vacant eyes.

"(Absence of the mind?)"
"Alpha analyze them."
"Ay, ay." She said energetically before disappearing from the screen.

Storm pulled out a half moon shaped object and nodded to himself.
"(I'll wait for them. If they attack I will use non-lethal take downs ... if they get too aggressive ..." Storm's thoughs led to his energy sword, though he did not want to kill anyone.

After hearing about the gatling gun, Teri patted Jenny's shoulder gently, "Just means we need to keep on our toes, right girls?"

She gave a small bow to the Blacksmith, "Thank you very much, sir. Now, Mel, Jenny, I'll be right outside with Garm and our little friends if you need me."

With that, she took her leave, she heard Sadei's response to her question, I don't think so... Somewhere else? I wish I could tell you more, but the only thing I do know is that I know her... Did I look up to her?

and stopped, a frown slowly making her way on her face, "Wait a minute... You knew Melethia personally? And if Mel thought you were familiar.... Oh my god!"

Garm was there to catch the Cleric as she felt her legs grow weak at the implications, and she leaned against him as she held the staff in a much more reverent and gentle manner. It wasn't that her staff was sentient. Oh no, it was much more then that. She could have been very easily holding the container of one's soul! Taking a big gulp of air, Teri looked down at the staff, and asked very gently, hints of panic edging into her voice as her line of questioning continued,

"Um... Sadei? I don't know how to break to you, but... I think you were alive at some point! This staff, it's not you so much as it is a container for you. Er, your soul lives in here... Jesus Christ! Sorry for swearing, Jesus You know, now that I think about it, does it hurt when I hit things with you? God, I.. I left you alone for so long.. I'm really sorry.."

Devon thought it out for a second before responding. I"Hmm, if they've been following us for this long, couldn't they have attacked us by now? I say we give them a chance. If I'm wrong, I've got a backup for us here."

The dragon gave the winged figure one last look over, and with a light growl, muttered, "Fair enough. Cadolbolg, Ton Ton, land on my back and keep an eye on whomever that is..."

The Cuties complied quietly, and hung onto Devon while Angelus kept the descent going, their little eyes peeled and at the ready for who or what could be following them...

Melethia placed a good number of coins on the table. "I'll buy your silence as well as the latest map available for the mine. Will that work for you? In case you're working for them, we're simply removing the middleman and give you direct access to whatever ores you're after, so it's a win-win situation."

Meanwhile, Sadei responded to Teri. Yeah, I might have been alive at some point, but what can we do at this point? I mean, All I can really remember is the time in the staff and that sack with the vampire spewing out that foul language...

Anyway, it doesn't really hurt at all when you use me for defense, although I really would like it if we could talk more.

Devon called out to the pursuing Kalastryn. "What's your purpose in following us?"

Slindis, Rugal, Lupito

The two made their way up the mesa as Slindis called back to Rugal. "Rugal, we're about to reach the first big resting point. Will you need a drink then?"

bluecrimson:
snip

Kalastryn started flying towards them again, this time opening her mouth. "just visiting a few friends, Devon... I've been gone the past several weeks doing work for some divinity or another... my reward was a change in body, and in spirit. It's Kalastryn." she says with a grin.

sure the black feathered wings and the lack of a tail were different, but the horns were pretty much identical now that she's close enough to see details. Also, just in case there was any doubt if she really was or not who she claimed to be, around her neck was a flask filled with Angelus' blood, who would probably know it as her's. from the time she proved to Teri in South America that the "Rugal Bernstein" that attacked her was an impostor.

She then took the sun in on her skin, it had been a while since she'd been in decent light.

"True dat...Now, I don't have a map OF the mine, but I do have directions to get there. Just watch your backs, all that spent underground can't be good for the mind..." The Orc warned as he handed the elf a dirty looking map to the Mine in Gaptooth Ridge.
Jenny meanwhile left the Blacksmiths and sat down on the porch while she waited for the others.
"Well....So much for this being simple..." she said, not really paying attention to Teri and Sadei.

Storm, Alpha, ???

The Tribals looked on at the strange armored man until a much smaller man in a mask made out of a Longhorn Skull walked in front of them.
He appeared to be the elder of the Tribe and he walked around with a long staff, taller then him, with runes embedded in it.
"You....Bottom Dweller...Why you come to Land-of-Clouds?" He asked in slow broken english, his expression not changing in the slightest as he spoke.

Rugal, Slindis

"Need, No. But it certainly wouldn't hurt." Rugal shouted back, attempting to up play his endurance, though the climbing was taking it's toll on him.
He was wondering how she was managing it so seemingly effortlessly as they got to the first Rest spot, a Cave in the side of the Cliff face.
Strangely enough, It seemed that this cave was used as a camp before with a circle of stones placed for a Camp-fire, revealing that they weren't the first to climb up this way.
Behind them was a wonderful view of the desert below, revealing just how high they had came.

Once he was back on solid ground, Rugal took a breather, noticing how cooler the air was up here.

"just visiting a few friends, Devon... I've been gone the past several weeks doing work for some divinity or another... my reward was a change in body, and in spirit. It's Kalastryn."

Angelus gave a rumbling chuckle when she heard the former tiefling's voice and got wind of her blood from the vial,

"Ah! That explains it... I would know the scent of my own lifeblood. It is interesting to see you again, Kalastryn. How have you fared well in your endeavors? Last I saw you, we were still in that damned corrupted wood."

Caim gave a light scoff, "Dunno about you, but it seems to have done some good. Wings are not easily granted when you're not born with them..."

Yeah, I might have been alive at some point, but what can we do at this point? I mean, All I can really remember is the time in the staff and that sack with the vampire spewing out that foul language...

Anyway, it doesn't really hurt at all when you use me for defense, although I really would like it if we could talk more.

As Teri regained her footing again, patting Garm thankfully, she 'sent' back, "Hmn... If you'd like, we might be able to try to work through getting your memories back. I did say I'd help you there when I could.

Aside from that, remember when we were Rock Ridge? I promised you I'd keep in better contact than before, and I full intend to keep to that."

"Well....So much for this being simple..." she said, not really paying attention to Teri and Sadei.

After Jenny spoke up, Teri wandered next to the Pokemon and sat next to her, "It never is for our group, is it? We'll pull through. We always do."

Pages PREV 1 . . . 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 . . . 873 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here