The Escapist Avatar Adventure: An Open RP (Now Re-Opened!)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 . . . 875 NEXT

Dimension: Avatar Adventures

The Nurses Ward: Slindis | Teri

Slindis got back up to see her pupil watching over her, still feeling the slight amount of dizziness that was associated with a massive amount of healing in a short amount of time. "...I'll never get used to that feeling... Teri, we need to find out how many from the Rising Dawn are with us and a way to move around in pairs or groups of three. Those machines can only focus on one person's fighting style, so having another person there should keep people safer."

With that, she called out to everyone on the rings to check their status.

The Hallways (Near the Faculty Lounge): Devon | Kalastyrn | Kurumu | Miku | Maya | Melethia | Natalia | Rugal | Sean |

Melethia listened to the two and thought it for a second. "Well, I think they didn't have an option. Those kinds of machines are part suppression and training. With how far out this is, the people here would be cut off too. Who'd report back about it?"

Devon looked over at Sean and Miku and grinned as he shook the Spartan's hand. "I'm glad I could help you again. Still maybe I should start charging for this. It would make me quire a bit~" He laughed, making it clear to the both of them that he was joking about that second part.

"Still, the only reason I even knew about it was because Slindis let us know. If you want to thank someone, thank her." As he walked with them, he cast Prestidigations on Sean and Miku to clean them off.

Rugal

"Noted Melethia. Still doesn't explain why someone wanted us here like this." Rugal said until the ring came active again.
"Slindis..." He said to himself before he began speaking into it.
"Slindis, it's Rugal. I'm sorry I didn't get there in time. Just how are they treating you? Are you okay?"
The change in tone was clear to everyone there, from being on the brink of murdering everyone in the room to being extremely concerned.

Lucieon | C.C.

Lucieon was about to comment on her name, Colliope, before the dogs made their appearance. Without letting go of C.C. his left hand found it's way to his Sorcerer's Catalyst, and he raised the wooden staff from his hip so that it extended outward from his body.

Then a stream of physical fire leaped out from behind him and struck the dog in the chest, impaling him and setting it's body ablaze. "A pyromancer..." he muttered in disbelief. He had seen pyromancy once or twice in his entire life. And none so intense. The most he had ever witnessed was a small fireball being hurled or a tongue of flame being breathed. Nothing like the spear of fire that had made itself reality before him. Pyromancers were beings of immense humanity, and naturally, firekeepers were a subset of their kind. Yet the maximum amount of humanities that a pyromancer could hold was well less than that of a firekeeper. Ten at most. Whether this girl was truly a firekeeper or a pyromancer was still up in the air. But what did become concrete, was Lucieon's interest in her.

It took the Undead Merchant a small while to recover, a few seconds at most, before he finally realized that the remaining dogs were now bonding toward the two. He held C.C. tightly against his body with his right arm and raised his left arm, holding the catalyst, high into the air. "Homing Soul Mass!"

Five brilliant blue balls of light launched themselves from his staff and pierced the bodies of five of the seven dogs. They left no physical damage, but tore the souls of the poor beasts asunder, as overwhelming mass does to matter. The instantly fell over, dead, the inertia of their charge vanishing with their lives. Lucieon eyed the other two dogs and leaped backwards, taking C.C. with him three or four feet into the air. They landed softly a few yards away and he gripped both the staff and his prize tighter. Her warm body was bliss against his dead skin and muscles. Soft and radiant.

"White Dragon's Breath!"

A beam of light suddenly made itself apparent in this world, taking a straight path from the staff tip to the earth, creating a pathway of sharp cursed crystals on the ground that impaled one of the feral dogs. It turned his skin black and burned his soul into nothingness. The last of the dogs leaped away from the crystalline pathway, which continued to run for another hundred meters past the dog, and landed nimbly at Lucieon and C.C.'s side. The Undead Merchant pulled C.C. close to him again, pressing her body against his before turning away and throwing her away from the dog. He then dropped to the ground and kicked the remaining dog three yards back before dashing forward and catching C.C. before she hit the ground. As she fell into his arms again, he cooed into her ears, "Are you okay?"

While the magicians thought they would be able to gang up on Matt, he had other plans. He used his stealth cloak to quickly disappear, leaving the magicians confused when they reached the table. "So sorry but my friend says he has a meeting to catch. He said he'll be back right about... now," Ken said with a grin. Just then one of the magicians in the back fell to ground screaming in pain and clutching his leg. When the others turned to look at source of the screaming, they saw bone sticking out of the leg. "You guys have ten seconds to get out of here or I'm going to do worse to you," Matt said while still cloaked.

Rugal

"Noted Melethia. Still doesn't explain why someone wanted us here like this." Rugal said until the ring came active again.
"Slindis..." He said to himself before he began speaking into it.
"Slindis, it's Rugal. I'm sorry I didn't get there in time. Just how are they treating you? Are you okay?"
The change in tone was clear to everyone there, from being on the brink of murdering everyone in the room to being extremely concerned.[/quote]

Slindis responded back into the ring. "I will be fine. Just give me some time to get acclimated to the rush of positive energy, but Teri's probably more exhausted than I am after all of that healing." Rugal had heard earlier from Kalastryn that the fact that Slin hadn't been able to herself up fully was astonishing in itself, so Teri must have been pouring an incredible amount of positive energy into Slin.

Melethia wondered. "Maybe those Kinslayers are mad that we went an' beat them up, so they had a grudge an' decided to get us back?"

Rugal

Rugal was clearly glad to hear she was alright, letting out a long sigh of relief after hearing her voice.
"I knew you wouldn't be down for long. We might need to move again soon, another class is starting. You stay with Teri, I bet the two of you need rest. I'll be watching Melethia so don't worry. I'm going to get to the bottom of this and aren't going to be here as long as we were in that Western Realm." He said back as Melethia brought up the "Kinslayers".

"Who? The Angels? No, every Angel we fought was forced to work for Tomoya, even the extremely loyal ones were only puppets to him. They wouldn't have a reason to come after us, hell, we did them a favour by doing what they couldn't." He explained, certain that this wasn't the doing of some rouge band of Angels.
Then again...

Diablo1099:
snip

After the rant that occurred against Natalia and the School they were in moments ago... Kalastryn let out a heavy sigh.

"So what's our next move? I don't want to be here too much longer than we have to... but I also want to make this place even a little safer than having students disappear to be unheard of for a long time, or murderers prowling the halls, or even hackers who managed to get the training robots to do this" she said, Deducing that "lethal force" probably wasn't their intended function.

"Don't get me wrong, I have no loyalty to this place... and maybe you would understand the concept more now than since the last time we saw each other Rugal, but even if you don't fully grasp it, I consider the safety of others very much. Probably more than my own... I have to." She said recalling what it was like at her destroyed home in this body... at all hours of the day she had something to prove. Prove both to the citizens of the city that at first had rejected her, and to the devils that made caused them to do so through her. To prove she had a stronger heart, will, and soul than half the humans in that city... that she was as saintly as her kind could get, even if she had her faults.

Rugal

Slindis chuckled as she responded. "I may want some rest, but I can only rest when those against us are. I'll be moving as soon as Teri lets me, but judging from that look she just gave me, that won't be for a bit."

Melethia began rubbing her arm as she thought, safe from the Hall Monitors thanks to her being with her teacher. "Well, it's someone with a grudge against us. After all, it said Remember NYC, but it doesn't explain why they went after that Miku chick..."

Rugal

"Tch, leave her be. If Kala here had a hard time healing you, I can only imagine how hard it must have been on her. I'll have my ring on me and this time, there will be no delays. I'll be in touch, Rugal out." Rugal said into his ring as Kalastryn spoke.
"...You are right, At the very least, assisting here might give us a way back to our homeworld, maybe the mastermind too." He said before thinking about the phrase "Remember NYC"
"Mmmm...New York City was the flashpoint of the Angel War...But if this is another Realm, how would they know that?..."

bluecrimson:
snip

Melethia did have a point. Now that she focuses, the thoughts were a little blurry but she remembered being there. Actually, she began thinking more and more about it, then she remembered it all. at least, the parts she was there for.

"hmm... Mele does have a point... but then again... maybe this message was not meant for us? There are much more direct and much more aggressive ways to get the message through to us. For example, I know we're all in this school at the moment, but we have to consider... Why use a random student we don't know to get the message across? A message is a lot less meaningful if you don't have any affiliation with the way it is sent.

Also, this begs the question of why display it publicly? If that message was meant for only us, then why display it in such a vulgar manner for all to see? Likely knowing what the faculty would do if a body was discovered, hide it, they were taking a risk on getting the message through or having it covered up before it reached the intended recipient.

Thirdly, I can't help but feel there is a connection between these three incidents. The training dummies attempting capture of Miku, the dead body, and the missing students. Where this connection lies is that they all happened in rapid succession, on the same day. So if we solve one of the other cases, we'll likely get closer to the truth, and the culprit, behind all of this.

Finally, If the message was not meant for us, then who was it meant for? I know it sounds like optimism in saying that I don't believe there is a reason to deliver such a message to us... but with the NYC incident... is anyone here aware of it other than us?"

She brings this next bit to a whisper between Rugal, Mele, and Slindis over the rings, so no one else could hear... that is, provided they weren't in possession of one such ring.

"I can't help but notice a lot of the students and faculty here seem completely untouched by the fact that such a calamity struck as to wipe it off the map... and the thousands killed in the process. Perhaps that is just it then... this may be a first message, not the total of all contact... They clearly wanted to get people thinking about NYC. Perhaps it was made a public message, because somehow the public has been forced unaware?"

She said, hoping this was not the ramblings of one who merely hoped to be right, but a strike of genius.

Rugal, Slin, Melethia, Kalastryn

Melethia thought about it too and nodded. "It could be somethin' to fake us out, but ya sound like you're on the right path."

Slindis responded through the rings to voice her approval of the plan. "Well, as soon as Teri lets me leave this bed stop pushing me down, I'm not a child I'll definitely look into it. For now, you don't go to the restroom without a member of the Rising Dawn. Kalastryn, know that you'll not have it so easy next time, because they will aim to shut you down first. As great a mage as you are, you need to be able to make your movements to cast, and they likely know that."

Rugal, Slin, Melethia, Kalastryn

Rugal was deep in thought after Kala's lengthy theory on the current situation.
"Mmmm...I did get the impression that Head Coach Maxim, my "Superior", was a lot less helpful then he should have been about the dead body showing up. Perhaps the other staff know more about what's going on here, but are in on whatever conspiracy is afoot. Whatever the case, we definitely need to look into this." He said as he heard Teri attempt to sedate the Drow at the other end of the line.
This got a smirk out of him as he said to himself "Good to hear all that Medical Training about you gave Teri is paying off."

Diablo1099:
snip

bluecrimson:
snip

Kalastryn then proceeds to say. "Well, seeing as how we appear to be students... and a couple of us teachers... we should probably try and seem the part... I understand our investigation is probably more important than what we can learn at a high school... however... it is probably best that we act as though we were just that, at least during classes... for one hall monitors like Natalia would probably not be too keen on letting us skip... especially the student portion of our group. As strange as it seems for me to suggest getting to class and putting the investigation to rest for now, I take very seriously that we could be observed at any time... the more of the normal time we spend appearing uninvolved, the better.

The Nurses Ward: Slindis | Teri

Teri gave a bright, if somewhat tired smile to her mother, and tapped the ring, "I'm just fine, really! I'm just glad Mom's okay. Besides, I found Sadei and Garm in my bag, so I won't be completely alone... But the sound of students being attacked is certainly disheartening news.... Any ideas what we should do?"

As she asked this, Slindis could still feel the healing effects of the Aura working double time with the fast healing Teri bestowed upon her, minor wounds healing quickly as the Positive Energy flowed into them. As the Positive Energy did it's work, Teri lightly tapped Sadei's newfound pen form to send a quiet affirmation to her friend. She certainly didn't want Sadei to feel forgotten again.

Turn attempts remaining: 6 4 Undead/ 4 Fire

The Hallways (Near the Faculty Lounge) Caim | Angelus | Ton Ton | Cadolbolg

An explosion knocked the door of the faculty lounge off it's hinges, allowing for the Caerleon family to burst onto the scene... Only to find the resulting carnage from the bots before. Were it not for the door locking down on them after the robots began attacking, the quartet would had been outside sooner. Unfortunately, luck was not on their side at this moment...

The Gym (P.E. Class): Aftan | David | Dmitri | Ella | Garm | Jenny | Kura | Lucretia | Puce | Rodem

Kura vs. Maxim:

Coach Maxim stared at the Ninja's flashy show as he stood there and absorbed the brunt of the assault [1] with a smirk beneath the lack and respirator before stalking off to write the necessary reports from the day.

"VERY GOOD KURA! DESPITE LOSING THE MATCH, YOU SHALL GET EXTRA CREDIT FOR THE TENACITY THAT YOU'VE DISPLAYED!" Coach Maxim said as he closed the door behind him, leaving those students remaining in the gym, remaining in the gym.

As Puce watched David leave, he was reminded of the woman who had the other lastname that was on Lucretia's uniform. Volkov. Elena Volkov. She had helped them out during the series of monstrous attacks about a year ago, just prior to New York slaughter and the assault by the Rogue Angels. Walking towards the locker room, he remembered that the second class that we was supposed to take that day would be European History.

Bing, BING, BING!

"Attention Students: Will the following students please report to the Library. There has been an issue placing you in a second period class. Aftan, C.C., David, Devon, Ella, Jenny, Kalastyrn, Kenneth, Kura, Lucretia, Matt, Maya, Puce, Natalia and Teri. Will the following teachers also report to the Library: Miss Angelus, Mister Cadolbolg, Mister Caim, Miss Gabrielle, Miss Kurumu, Coach Maxim, Miss Miku, Assistant Coach Rugal, Mister Sean, Mister Ton Ton. That is all..." A.I. Vermilion Broadcast over the school's Public Address system.

The Hallways / The Nurse's Office: Devon | Kalastyrn | Kurumu | Miku | Maya | Melethia | Natalia | Rugal | Sean | Slindis | Teri

Natalia took Kal's rant in stride as she could understand the feelings that the woman felt. The school was indeed "non-traditional" when it came to academics or even the student body. There had been a number of accidents or disappearances that had occurred since the school's start in 1966, most famously was a resurgence of Pagan worship on the outskirts of campus grounds. There were even rumors of human sacrifice being carried out in those areas, however, nothing official had ever come out of the investigations.

Maintaining her stern appearance, Natalia could only nod as the rant came to an end and she dismissed the reinforcements that she had brought with her.

"I understand if this school seems strange to you, Kalastryn, however, I assure you that we're doing everything that we can to make sure that the students are safe and that the school is under the strictest of controls. These bots, they're new and so they're prone to glitches. I mean that's what happens when you're sponsored by the U.S. Government after all. They give you great stuff but it's built by the lowest bidder." The School's Hall Monitor said as she looked at the training dummy's head in her hands and noted that even though these dummies looked like the ones that were used in the training rooms, there seemed to be something off about the circuitry.

"Miss Maya. Why don't you accompany the students to the next class while I oversee the clean up here. I'm sure the faculty will want to see Miss Slindis off to the Nurse's Office."

------------------------------

Bing, BING, BING!

"Attention Students: Will the following students please report to the Library. There has been an issue placing you in a second period class. Aftan, C.C., David, Devon, Ella, Jenny, Kalastyrn, Kenneth, Kura, Lucretia, Matt, Maya, Puce, Natalia and Teri. Will the following teachers also report to the Library: Miss Angelus, Mister Cadolbolg, Mister Caim, Miss Gabrielle, Miss Kurumu, Coach Maxim, Miss Miku, Assistant Coach Rugal, Mister Sean, Mister Ton Ton. That is all..." A.I. Vermilion Broadcast over the school's Public Address system.

The Hallways (On The Way to the Cafeteria): Kenneth | Matt | ???

"You guys have ten seconds to get out of here or I'm going to do worse to you," Matt said while still cloaked. His voice apparently causing the Penn and Tellers to halt their advance as a look of confusion set in.

"We'll ... we'll get you guys later." One of the heavier ones, a Penn, said as the gang made good on their retreat.

Seeing as how their wouldbe assailants had just runoff, Matt stood up, disengaging his cloaking field as he did. Turning to walk towards where Kenneth had run off to, he was unaware that there was a tall someone behind him until the world went dark ... and soft... so...very...soft.

A pair of hands moved him backwards and Matt found that he could once again see as he was face to face with the biggest pair of...

"Up here, Mister." Maya said as she looked down at the young man... strangely, Matt did remember the little girl that had been at the murder scene with him but he remembered her being a lot shorter.

"I thought I'd go check on you and your friend and make sure you got to the cafeteria okay and escort you two to your second class since the first period is..."

Bing, BING, BING!

"...over." Maya said as she realized that her second period class would be in the library now.

Baseball Diamonds: C.C. | Lucieon

The rest of the Feral dogs went down without an issue under the combined spells of Lucieon and C.C. the bodies of the animals either being consumed by Lucieon's spells or reduced to ashes by the fiery tendrils that C.C. emitted from her hair.

Standing up from where she had maintained a crouching position the whole time, C.C. opened her eyes and witnessed the aftermath of their combined assault on the feral animals, a questioning look on her face as she looked at Lucieon.

"Did... did you do all that?" She asked as she stood up, moving herself to that Lucieon was obstructing her view of the dead animals.

Looking at the girl, Lucieon's merchantile skills could easily gather that her ignorance of what had occured was not a ruse as she genuinely was unaware of what had happened.

"Thank... thank you." The girl said as she threw herself at her savior, her arms wrapping around Lucieon's undead body... and it was at that point that the strangest thing happened. Some sort of flow established itself between the two as Lucieon felt some of the humanity that coursed through the woman's body flow into him... only to be interrupted by the school Public Address System.

Bing, BING, BING!

"My name?" C.C. said as she listened to the message. "Should... should we go to the library?"

[1] We're talking about a man who had his arm lopped off at the end of the Dangergirl Mini-series by magic sword, sunk to the bottom of the Atlantic ocean and survived.

Charity Case:
Quick Post before unconscious-time

Lucieon | C.C.

Lucieon blinked, stunned. His heart started beating again, and warmth filled his body. From his feet to his head, he could feel. There was humanity within him now. He panicked suddenly and looked at his right hand, making sure he hadn't just accidentally started to pervert the pureness of the girl that held him. His hand was pale and white, no traces of the residual darkness that humanity held stained him. This girl... was the opposite of a Darkwraith certainly, someone not with the potency to devour humanity, but rather the potency to give. Perhaps she was indeed a firekeeper of legend.

With great effort Lucieon muttered, "We shall." before putting an arm around C.C. and starting to walk toward the main school complex, and presumably the library. And for some reason, he couldn't stop himself as a few words slipped from his lips, "this feels... so nice..."

The Nurses Ward: Teri | Slindis

Slindis got up upon hearing the announcement and looked over at Teri. "It's a bit odd, but having everyone there will help find out exactly what's wrong here. I don't know if you're accustomed to it, but I was able to focus while I was unconscious. After any amount of time, you know when the agents of Shavarath are active. Stick close, and if you see any blades floating in the air, we're finding another way."

As she steadily led the way (If a bit slower), Sadei chimed in. Teri, can we get out of here soon? this place feels really weird... With that, they were the first ones to arrive in the room

The Hallways: Devon | Kalastyrn | Kurumu | Miku | Maya | Melethia | Natalia | Rugal | Sean |

Melethia looked up at Kal when the bell rang and held her arm as well as Rugal's. "Well, we gonna see what's goin' on there or what? they'll me mad at us otherwise, an' I didn't miss much from missin' that last class." She was in a good mood thanks to them all having a rather good idea of what was going on.

Devon looked at the patched up Sean and Miku and shrugged. "Well, that's our cue. I'll help you with the violin later, but we need to see that meeting ." As he went on, he was approached by Ton'Ton riding on Cadolbolg.

"Sorry I couldn't get you out sooner, just I was aught up with helping out Slindis and these two here. Forgive me?"

Rugal

"Might as well. No other leads. And if it's a trap, the others will need our help. Let's move." Rugal said as he lead the way towards the library, keen to get to the bottom of what the hell was going on.

David

David was wondering how the hell Lucretia got that name on her uniform, Elena was dead, he killed her himself, how the hell could sh-
"....Those....Bastards...." He said, The Hammer Empire.
Of course it was them, He wouldn't put it past them to take his DNA and hers and use it for their own ends.
"....That's it....I'm going to fucking kill the next Hammer Agent I see. Then the Next. Then the Next..." He growled in rage as he kept his wrist guns armed, not bothering to do the same with his trademark M500.
Then the intercom rang and he grinned.
"Good...All in the same place...."

Jenny

Jenny was surprised that they even had her on record as the PA called her and Kura over to the Gym.
"Come on. They said the others would be there!" she said, urging the Ninja to move it.

"Why of course Mademoiselle, please lead the way. Hey Ken, we're leaving," Matt said as he pulled out a spare burger and started eating it on the way there. Ken reluctantly got up and followed them to the library. "If you don't mind me asking, how did you get taller?" Matt asked Maya after swallowing a mouthful of burger.

The Nurses Ward: Teri | Slindis

Teri gave a somewhat confused nod to her mother's statement, as she didn't know some of the terms being used. However, that didn't mean she did not understand the gist of the statement. Gripping the pen version of Sadei tight in one hand, and having her tablet close to reach with the other, the girl followed after Slindis with a grim expression on her face.

"Can't say that I know how to focus magic while unconscious, but it sounds like a handy skill, for sure. And I agree with you Sadei, this place gives me the creeps... First murders, and now the lot of us being gathered like this... Something's up. Good thing I have you, Garm and Dimitri on hand at all times..."

She shot a glance at the tablet in question, and almost as if on cue, she heard the AI speak,

"Perhaps if I could find proper access to a terminal, I might be able to back hack into the main systems? I might be able to find out what's going on here or gain some security camera footage. After all, no places like this are completely without guard."

The Hallways: Angelus | Cadolbolg | Caim | Devon | Kalastyrn | Kurumu | Miku | Maya | Melethia | Natalia | Rugal | Sean | Ton Ton

"Sorry I couldn't get you out sooner, just I was caught up with helping out Slindis and these two here. Forgive me?"

Ton Ton shook his head at the apology,

"It's fine, Mr. Devon. We were just unlucky, and got caught behind a door. However, we did hear that weird announcement... I wonder why're being gathered here...."

After letting Ton Ton climb onto on of Devon's shoulder, Cadolbolg landed on the other, as opposed to his usual perch on Devon's head, "I don't like it! Stuff like this is usually a trap or something..."

As he said this, Caim and Angelus hung back, keeping an eye on the group numbers in general, and trying to make sure no one disappeared as they made their way to the library.

Kura nodded and left the ceiling, still a bit confused as to how he just shrugged off flesh melting flames. "Fucking cheater..." she mumbled under her breath and knelt down, letting the kirlia climb into her backpack again. "Well, guess we better be going. Need anything back there?" she asked them, walkign towards the library.

Hallway outside the Nurses Ward: Teri | Slindis

Slindis shook her head as she responded to Teri. "It's something I had to hone back home... and Shavarath is essentially the plane of battle. Plenty of Demons, Devils and Archons there, and the higher ups at the Silver Flame kept calling for me to head there to counter a possible Devil incursion."

Sadei responded to Teri as well. Well, we'll be out of here soon, but just stick by me, okay? It's really creepy here...

The Hallways: Angelus | Cadolbolg | Caim | Devon | Kalastyrn | Kurumu | Miku | Maya | Melethia | Natalia | Rugal | Sean | Ton Ton

Melethia looked over at David as he brooded. "Eh, if ya really wanna mess 'em up, find ways to hit what they want. It's not that hard, and better to see."

Devon was a bit worried as well. "Well, if it is a trap, we'll have to be ready for it. If it's any consolation, this area feels a little bit familiar for some reason. Don't know why, though..." As he went in the thick of the group, he hoped that he could get a good reason for why he seemed to feel at home here.

Jenny

"No Thank you. Lets go!" The little Kirila said once she was settled back in beside Rodem, the baby Panther letting out a Mew of approval at the idea.
"Just...Um, Maybe just be a little less aggressive to the others? I mean, I saw what happened to David with that Dodgeball, the one that knocked him out? These people are your teammates and I don't think it'd help your standing to do such things."

Rugal/David

*Shakes Magic 8-Ball of Writers Block*
Reply Hazy, Ask again later.

Charity Case:
snip

Kalastryn couldn't help but agree with the others on the subject... this was no normal school... being just young enough to be a student here, AND suddenly BEING here couldn't be a coincidence... was this a trap from the culprit behind this change, both in body and in setting? she pondered... but then let out a sigh. Surely she wasn't THAT paranoid.

"Huh... and as soon as I heard music class I had a song in mind... ah well, that's the breaks. Still, anyone find it more than coincidental that a great majority of the people called either discovered the body, fought for their lives, or both?" She asked, as her spells became ready again, she didn't have much to worry about as long as she can move... but in a little extra bit of paranoi- ... uh... i mean... preparation, she cast a mirror image to go in her stead and cast invisibility on herself at the same time. The swap was quick, so much so many untrained eyes would see no difference. and she would be in the room, but observing in a manner that placed her in little danger.

The clone then began to whisper into the rings, under Kala's control of course... the following.

"A little heads up... I've swapped positions and become invisible with a summoned clone... I'll be observing and speaking from a safe distance... So if things go haywire, don't worry about the me you see... I won't really be there."

She said... whether it would prove to be paranoia, or necessary precaution, time would tell... however... she had a gut feeling this wasn't going to go well.

"Jenny, have you ever been through a human high school before?" She asked the kirlia, already knowing the answer. "Well, it is a tough worl in the world of high school. And the nicer you are, the higher the odds are for you to get ripped to shreds by the others attending high school. I went through high school once before and had to bury a few bodies. If i'm mean, people will stay away from me, the more they stay away from me, the more they'll stay away from you. The more they stay away from you, the less likely you are to be thought of as a doll and have one of your arms ripped off by some asshole." she said, all of it coming from experience.

Jenny

"I'm not asking you to start pandering to the masses, Believe me, I've seen people who suffered in high school back in the Clinic. Just be more thoughtful of your own group. David would have been in a awful state if it wasn't for Aftan fixing him up!" Jenny answered, the shock of seeing David's face get so badly broken like that still in her mind.

Prof. Sean, Asst Prof. Miku & etc.
Location: Avatar Adventures High School | Hallway (Near the Faculty Lounge).
Time: First period break.

"Violin?" Sean said, but he suddenly felt a heavy weight on his shoulder.
The violin case was some how on his shoulder. There was a shoulder strap on it.
This confused Sean. "Did I ... do that?" He said under his breath, so no one could hear him.

Looking back at Devon walking away Sean made sure to say, "Don't worry, I'll thank her after this meeting ... but thanks, again.[/color]" Sean said with a tone of fear. Even though he has a fear of music, he must conquer it to help everyone.
Two things made him happy though. He saved Miku, and he is getting closer to the Rising Dawn crew.

Walking beside the group to the library Sean felt around in his overcoat for his phone.
Though something came into his hand instead, it was a phial filled with blue liquid. "Drink me, when you need me." It had came with a note. The phial felt familiar, something planned by him which he does not remember.
Shrugging he shoved the phial back into his pocket as they continued to walk.

Miku on the other hand was still scared. The feeling was slowly washing away as she walked with everyone, especially along side Sean.

Suddenly and quite without warning a man in an all white pimp suit sprang up out of a trashcan nearby.

"CONGRATULATIONS!!!" He simply starred at the assembled, holding up a bottle of champagne.

Baseball Diamonds: C.C. | Lucieon

"this feels... so nice..." Lucieon said as he and the girl walked towards the center of the campus that spralled out before them, illiciting a nervous laugh from C.C. as she walked with him, unaware that her touch had done anything to Lucieon. After a few moments, the two crested a hill and paused as they took in the sheer size of the "campus."

This was no ordinary school, for what High School was comprised of literally hundreds of buildings that included dormitories for students and staff, training rooms where the Meta-Human students could hone their powers in relative safety, was literally self contained as there were a number of green houses that grew the food that the students ate, a number of water purification plants and a large power station of some sort. As the two gazed upon the sight that lay before them, C.C. pointed at an object in the distance, a black unmarked helicoptor taking off just beyond the edge of the school grounds.

"Wooooow. I didn't know that anything this big could exist." The girl said as she grabbed Lucieon's hand, once again giving him a slow trickle of the humanity that his body craved, and started walking towards the campus, following the signs that pointed them to the direction of the Library.

"You never answered my question. How did you do that to the dogs that were attacking us?" The girl said, her eyes shining with curiousity as they walked. Despite what they had both been through, she sounded remarkably calm for someone who had just seen three dead bodies and had been attacked by a pack of feral dogs.

Cafeteria: Kenneth | Matt | Maya

"If you don't mind me asking, how did you get taller?" Matt asked the woman that walked beside him. If the girl that he had seen before had looked 9 years old, the woman that walked next to him looked anything but like the child that he had formerly seen.

"It's complicated but this is actually my real form." Maya said as she looked at a reflection of herself in the mirror of a near by trophy display case and stopped for a moment to close her eyes, as if shifting her focus into concentration for a moment.

Matt and Kenneth watched as the woman shrunk and reverted back into the form of the child that had been at the murder scene previously.

"My true form burns up too much energy and wastes it. In this form, I don't need to spend as much energy." She explained as she found herself having to walk twice as many steps to traverse the same amount of distance as her true form.

"My father always taught me that you need to conserve your Ki for when you really need it. So he taught me this trick so that if I ever found myself in trouble, I would have a larger amount of energy in reserve to work with."

Stopping, the girl openned the door to the library and gestured for the two to enter.

Teachers Lounge and Offices: Doktor von Kripplor | Gabrielle | Lupito | Nurse Peach

As Doktor von Kripplor and Nurse Peach prepared to leave the Teacher's lounge to go to their second period assignments, they noticed that the school psychiatrist, Gabrielle had not moved an inch and was still hugging the small puppy in her arms.

"Mein Gott. Zizz vun izz kind of dense, ja?" The Doktor asked rhetorically as he walked over to check on Gabrielle.

"tails...tails...tails...tails... Those were the only words that the good Doktor could make out as he put his head close to the woman's lips. Well at least she was breathing.

"Vee had betterrr take her to her assignment ja, mein liebchen?" Receiving only a nod from the Nurse as they both helped Gabrielle and Lupito towards the door and eventually the library.

The Library: A.I. Vermilion | Aftan | Angelus | C.C. | Cadolbolg | Caim | David | Devon | Doktor von Kripplor | Dmitri | Ekou | Ella | Gabrielle | Garm | Jenny | Kalastyrn | Kenneth | Kura | Kurumu | Lucieon | Lucretia | Lupito | Matt | Maya | Maxim | Miku | Melethia | Puce | Natalia | Nurse Peach | Rodem | Rugal | Sadei | Sean | Slindis | Teri | Ton Ton

The library, as it turned out, was rather massive, especially for one that belonged to a simple High School. Looking around, one could see a ring of meeting rooms where students could hold study groups, a floor of holo-terminals that the students here used in lieu of standard computers and massive stacks of books on just about any topic that one could dare to think up.

There were the gasps of surprise as some of the teachers had yet to see their significant others in some time.

"P...p...Puce?!?!?!" Kurumu's voice echo'd through the library in shock as she spotted the 15 year old looking student. Looking at her, anyone could see that she was on the verge of either doing berserk or passing out.

"What? You're still an adult?!?" Puce's voice echo'd the outrage that his Succubus companion had voiced just seconds before.

Aftan on the otherhand was more sedate as she noticed that Akane was no where to be found. Not only that but Gabrielle's mental state and her apparent withdrawal symptoms from Akane's tails were quite disconcerting.

"Master Puce... Mistress Kurumu... I believe the more important issue is that we find out what is going on." The Grandmaster of the Knighthood suggested as she took a seat next to the manic black knight.

"That is an excellent question, Mistress Aftan." Said another voice, belonging to that of A.I. Vermilion said as one of the room's holoprojectors fired up and projected the ghostly image of the red cloaked woman in the midst of the group. "I know that there are a great many questions floating about, questions that I only have some answers to. But first and foremost... I must address Master West privately."

As the A.I. said this, she gestured towards an empty meeting room and followed the Irish Sniper inside.

"Master West. I've been keeping tabs on you and the other members of the crew of the Rising Dawn. I know that you are intending to harm the members of the group that you knew to be the Hammer Empire. However, I should mention that that group never existed... or at least never existed in this timeline. Before you take any action, please listen to my briefing." The A.I. said gently as she lead him out of the room and started addressing the assembled students and teachers.

"The dimension that we came from... at least that reality no longer exists. I am not sure how this occurred, but what we seem to be experiencing is a dimensional correction." The A.I. said before explaining the concept, "Some of you will remember the mission that we undertook to stop the Author known as Daniel in pre World War II Germany where he had successfully taken over the Nazi regime. Because of his interference, the Hammer Empire, a splinter group that formed out of the ashes of Hitler's Nazi Empire, never formed."

She paused, as the example set in. It was just one of many things that had been taking place.

"The Knighthood of which Aftan and Gabrielle is no more as well. At least not in any records that I've been able to locate. But this is not the only way that reality has been affected. I am unsure of how, but it appears not only does our reality not exist anymore, but it appears that this reality was amid some sort of reset before it was interrupted, repeatedly. While I show no official historical record that the Scourging of New York City ever occurred in this dimension, some of the population has reported memories of such an event. There are even students at this school that remember this event."

"Ultimately there is only one way for this to have occurred and that is through the intervention of one of the Authors. Seeing as how Mistress Teri and Master Devon are in our midst, we can rule them out. However, that still leaves the Authors Darren, Jake and my own Master Mark, of whom I have not been able to reach. This is all that I have been able to determine at the moment other than the Rising Dawn is on a mission at this school to locate the source of a series of disappearances and murders."

With that, the A.I. opened the floor for questions and discussion.

Time: Continuum Shift

A.I. Vermilion | Aftan | Angelus | C.C. | Cadolbolg | Caim | David | Devon | Doktor von Kripplor | Dmitri | Ekou | Ella | Gabrielle | Garm | Jenny | Kalastyrn | Kenneth | Kura | Kurumu | Lucieon | Lucretia | Lupito | Matt | Maya | Maxim | Miku | Melethia | Puce | Natalia | Nurse Peach | Rodem | Rugal | Sadei | Sean | Slindis | Teri | Ton Ton

As C.C. and Lucieon finally pushed open the doors of the library, and Lucieon had a post-traumatic stress disorder flashbook to the royal archives in Cataclama, where he was imprisoned for many months before rescue arrived in the form of Eris, he had first answered C.C.'s prior question about the feral dogs. With his arm still around her waist he looked out into the middle distance and said, "In my time I have picked up the use of magic. It is not as powerful as raw magic, nor as refined as true sorcery, but I can bend the force of life, astral energy, spiritual force, souls, whatever you might call it, to my will in very specific ways," he sighed and looked past the towers of bookshelves and started to walk toward the other group, "but what amazed me was you. You control fire without incantations, without a flame of pyromancy. You create energy and manipulate magic subconsciously."

Lucieon smiled genuinely, "You are a special, not me. And that's all the more reason I want you to be in better health." When he finished talking to C.C. he turned toward the group and tried to face A.I. Vermillion, who having no physical form greatly confused his mercantile habits, and asked aloud, "Could you then, please kindly explain to me why I have regressed one hundred and eight years in age? I am well aware of the consequences of tampering with a timeline. Where I have spent most of my days, time is but a number and people move freely between eras and ages. Yet I have never felt a wave of causality so unfocused as this."

Lucieon placed his staff into it's holster on his back and continued, "However, my care is, how do we set things right? Or are we stuck in this age for the remainder of our natural, or unnatural lives?"

Teachers Lounge and Offices: Doktor von Kripplor | Gabrielle | Lupito | Nurse Peach

Lupito kept nuzzling Gabrielle to help her e ait, hopefully helping her more now that h wasn't likely to get crushed.

The Library: A.I. Vermilion | Aftan | Angelus | C.C. | Cadolbolg | Caim | David | Devon | Doktor von Kripplor | Dmitri | Ekou | Ella | Gabrielle | Garm | Jenny | Kalastyrn | Kenneth | Kura | Kurumu | Lucieon | Lucretia | Lupito | Matt | Maya | Maxim | Miku | Melethia | Puce | Natalia | Nurse Peach | Rodem | Rugal | Sadei | Sean | Slindis | Teri | Ton Ton

Slindis addressed Vermillion. "Before we speak, is this room secure? Will nothing in here leave? Because I'm feeling a lot more infernal influence than I would expect - no offense intended, and you know who you are - not to mention the attacks by the machines. Why were they only after Miku, for example? Not to mention the other undercurrents."

Devon kept an ear on the conversation, knowing that Kalastryn would probably come up with the right questions. He could see Melethia was staying near Teri, though, and he smiled a bit. It was ghood to see her with someone she could call family.

"Before we speak, is this room secure? Will nothing in here leave? Because I'm feeling a lot more infernal influence than I would expect - no offense intended, and you know who you are - not to mention the attacks by the machines. Why were they only after Miku, for example? Not to mention the other undercurrents."

Teri wandered to a terminal after the question regarding security hung in the air, and jacked in her Tablet, enabling Dimitri to flow into the library's systems. There was a fizzle for a moment on the terminals, and then Dimitri's avatar appeared beside Vermilion's,

"This room is now secured, User: Slindis. You may speak freely."

With a fond smile to Vermilion, the AI stood firm as the Users began their questioning, his attentions turned to maintaining the security of this room.

"Nicely done, Dimitri. Now, as you were saying Vermilion, you think a rogue Author is in the works again? I personally think we can rule out Darren, seeing as he didn't want to enter this dimension to begin with. He probably isolated himself as far away from us as he can manage. But, it does trouble me if Mark or Jake when rogue.... Devon have you heard from either of them?"

As she contemplated this, she gave a silent thanks to her staff/pen friend, and gave the smaller Garm in her bag a small hug for comfort.

Meanwhile, Caim and Angelus mulled over this news as well, and threw in their two cents;

"I do not know of this Mark, but I do know that Jake would be zealous in trying to fix this world..."

Caim shook his head, his faith in the Author showing, "I think not. Jake wanted to leave after the Angel wars were over. If anything, I'd imagine he went back to the realm of the Authors in one way or another."

As they discussed this, Ton Ton and Cadolbolg clung to Devon's side, a little confused about what was going on:

"But if they deleted parts of history, how do we remember stuff? Shouldn't we have forgotten it?"

"Do you understand any of this, Mr. Devon? It's kinda creeping me out..."

Prof. Sean, Asst Prof. Miku & etc.
Time: First period break.

Sitting down in a wheeled the blue liquid phial span on the desk.
Sean span on the chair slowly as well. He some what knew that this liquid is what would destroy the suppression in his body. It was probably all thanks to him in ... the other dimension or what everyone was talking about. All he knew is that he shouldn't think too hard about these two dimensions, since it can cause mental damage.

"It is creepy. Though we have to try our hardest to not think TOO hard about this topic. It may damage us mentally." Sean called out to the rather large group whilst standing up holding the phial of glowing goo. "Just keep to the basic facts. Our dimension technically does not exist anymore. We are in the dimension where the Author Daniel won. Most of the events or organisations in our dimension do not exist. Though I do believe we will get to the bottom of this mystery if we last until the end. Now we should stick to the basics, drone robots after my A.I partner here, a weird ass school and many of us have turned into a different version of ourselves."

The music teacher sat back down with his belongings. "But that is only my opinion. Everyone might have a different plan to mine." He final said before turning to Miku. "Try to access this school's ... database and try to find out what has happened in this dimension. It may help us knowing who we are dealing with." Sean said once more.

Soon he began to think about the Authors.
"(Author Jake - Gone, back to his world. Characters, gone.
Author Teri - Divided from real self.
Author Devon - Right here.
Author Shaun - ... Since our minds are connected I can ... he's relaxing in a medieval like bathtub ... ok.
Author Mark - Unknown. Likely source of what has happened, insufficient evidence.
Author Daniel - Unknown. An even more likely source.

Course of investigation, go with the flow and discover more.)"
Nodding to himself he had decided to finally come up with a goal.
"Discover more evidence, find out why they want her and discover way to go back. Got it." He said to himself which Miku picked up. "Hm? Did you say something." Miku wondered as her right glasses lens projected had many pages of information up.

"It was nothing." Sean placed his hand on his chin, wondering what has happened. Still with the lingering fear of his past close to him. The fact that he remembers things from the deleted part of history made him even more interested what had happened. Back in his UNSC days, Sean liked to play the part of Detective whenever he could.

David/Rugal/Jenny

"Whoa, Whoa, whoa, Whoa, Back-pedal. Our entire fucking realm...gets wiped off the map...AND THE HAMMER EMPIRE ARE THE ONLY OTHER SURVIVORS?!" David shouted, the loss and underlying madness getting to the Sniper.
"David, Calm down, It's not gone, just certain elements have been distorted." Rugal said in a attempt to calm him down.
"Listen...First I'm 13 again...Then I got my face rearranged by a bullet speed dodgeball. Then I learn that because of the Hammer Empire, Lucretia might be some crazy ass clone of me and Elena. AND NOW, I LEARN THAT THE ENTIRE FUCKING UNIVERSE HAS GONE TO SHIT BECAUSE OF CRAP I WASN'T EVEN AROUND FOR! AND ALL YOU SEEM TO CARE ABOUT IS SOLVING A BUNCH OF MEANINGLESSMURDERSBECAUSETHISISALLSOMESSEDUP!"
David then stormed out of the library, holding his head and screaming, This turn of events was clearly too much for him to process.

Rugal watched as David stormed off and sighed.
"Right...So find a another Author and have them fix this mess. Okay....How do we do that?..."

Jenny too paled at the news.
"....Why couldn't it have just been another strange realm?..."

Kura stood up now. "Wait wait wait... You cannot possibly pin his on my grandfather. I've kept in contact with him through my mom. He's been living a nice life in the void, the area outside of the universe, helping raise my cousins." She said to the group. "It's Daniel I'm talking about..." She said as a few strange look from around the room were directed at her. Meanwhile, in her arms, she was cradling Rosen and scratching the kitty's belly.
"You can take my word on him. He's no longer evil or wanting to rule anything."

Pages PREV 1 . . . 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 . . . 875 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 40657)