The Escapist Avatar Adventure: An Open RP (Now Re-Opened!)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 . . . 872 NEXT

Rugal

Rugal wasn't so accepting of Kura's explanation.
"How can we take your word for it? Even if it wasn't though Malice, how do we know he didn't cause this to happen by mistake? I mean, He DID attempt to take over the world with his powers...." He asked, clear wanting someone to blame for this situation.
"And before you point out the Irony of a Former Villain calling out another Former Villain, My Evil never threatened the existence of reality!"

Jenny

"Rugal! Stop it! This is too big of a matter to simply point fingers at!" Jenny protested before turning to Kura.
"Sorry, he can be like that sometimes..." She said as Rugal crossed his arms in annoyance and shot a glare that screamed "I'm watching you."

Diablo1099:
snip

"Now now, let's not start pointing fingers, and bickering amongst ourselves. I know now that the murder cases at this school are small time compared to our reason being here... I haven't been in this world long... however... if you ask me... is this really that bad? I'll admit I'm not exactly qualified to ask that question as this world is not my own... however... this change seems to work to advantage, does it not? New York city, since the change, has not been restored, but never even destroyed... that's millions of lives re-granted. I take it this "Hammer Empire" was a bad situation and a half, not that I was around for it, but that's gone now too. At this rate we could... theoretically, just age and train back into our old bodies in a more ideal world than what we got ourselves into before. I admit I've never been through high-school... but how bad could it be? Once we get out of this place, what's to say we couldn't live normal lives, or be heroes here as well? After all, this is the first place I've been where horns didn't get me weird looks... yet anyway."

"He has no powers to divert from the shield he's protected this universe with. Now look, something internal has to of caused this, because it certainly wasn't from the outside." she finished.

"And horns aren't that weird. rather cool actually. So long as you're a hero, you'll be accepted on the dawn." Kura said to the one who just spoke. "But i've been though here and done it, i'd rather not live my teenage years again. The freedoms i had grown up are far too valuable to me."

"Kenneth Black here, I would like a theory as to why I'm here at all. Oh and Matt wants to know when the school day ends and where are we going to sleep?" Ken asked the AI. Of course at this point Matt had climbed on top of a bookcase and was jumping from one to the other.

mcpop9:
snip

"Accepted as a hero? Has a good ring to it... if it kinda didn't already happen." She says with a chuckle.

"I admit that horns aren't that weird if you weren't from where I was... Slindis could confirm that it took well over a year, and intervention from their highest ranked paladin, for the silver flame exorcists to stop trying to murder me in my sleep... she says with a sigh.

"Not to mention the warheads that went off when I went through the "Chronoscope" to a time my people invaded the city I took residence in... yeah, that was fun..." she says with a scoff

Then she finally realized if she went through and aged normally her body would have... maybe a 97% chance of staying this way.

"Actually... now that I think about it... WE NEED TO GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE!"

She says, then apologizing for the scream.

"I'm a bit new here, so honest mistake. By the way, i'm Kura." the kunoichi said holding out her hand. "The demon look looks good on you." she complimented her.

Dimension: Avatar Adventures

The Library: A.I. Vermilion | Aftan | Angelus | C.C. | Cadolbolg | Caim | David | Devon | Doktor von Kripplor | Dmitri | Ekou | Ella | Gabrielle | Garm | Jenny | Kalastyrn | Kenneth | Kura | Kurumu | Lucieon | Lucretia | Lupito | Matt | Maya | Maxim | Miku | Melethia | Puce | Natalia | Nurse Peach | Rodem | Rugal | Sadei | Sean | Slindis | Teri | Ton Ton

Devon shook his head. "Unless this Daniel or whoever he is has a black mask and has the tendency to wear a mask a lot, I don't think it's him. I could be wrong, but me and Melethia saw it. And I haven't heard from either of them, but Jake was a more straightforward man." He patted the two on his shoulders as he put some distance between himself and Kura. After all, she'd not given any evidence of being anyone he wanted to associate with, even with her interactions with Kalastryn and Jenny.

Melethia nodded and turned to Kalastryn after Kura introduced herself. "We'll find another way out of here. Heck, I'll make one of I have to! I don't care where we are: This isn't any place I want to learn, and if I have any say, I won't be learning here."

After that, SLindis turned to everyone there. "For now, we need to pair up. If you go alone, there's the very real risk of those machines going rampant and targetting you. And they will find your flaws and exploit them."

Rugal

Rugal went over to a desk near the bookshelves and sat down, sighing deeply as he let what just happened sink in.
"Look, I just want to return the world as *I* knew it and I'm certain everyone else here agrees with me." he said as he rubbed his face slightly, trying to think of their next move.
"Okay, Author, that's what we need. Now, think, where would we get the means to get to this Mark?" He asked the group.

Jenny

"Mmmm....What about the Science Lab? I mean if this place has robots then they must have other pieces of technology too. Maybe enough to build a portal?" Jenny suggested as she sat her 2 foot high body on a small pile of books.
"We'd still need power and someone to do the calculations though..."

The Library: A.I. Vermilion | Aftan | Angelus | C.C. | Cadolbolg | Caim | David | Devon | Doktor von Kripplor | Dmitri | Ekou | Ella | Gabrielle | Garm | Jenny | Kalastyrn | Kenneth | Kura | Kurumu | Lucieon | Lucretia | Lupito | Matt | Maya | Maxim | Miku | Melethia | Puce | Natalia | Nurse Peach | Rodem | Rugal | Sadei | Sean | Slindis | Teri | Ton Ton

Caim grunted at Rugal's comment, "Agreed, for once. I'd rather not lose Furiae again to some temporal distortion!"

Teri looked up from her Terminal with a thought, "I also think that the universe we inhabited moments ago may not have been lost. Rather, this is another outcome to those events that unfolded... One where Daniel's empire fell in a different manner. I've read about stuff like that happening. Mind you, most of it was speculative at best."

Angelus nodded in agreement, "That doesn't make the line of thought completely wrong. We've encountered alternate realms before, and have been transported to them for multiple reasons. I agree with Jenny's assessment though. Perhaps this lab might prove of aid to us."

At Jenny's mention of calculations, Dimitri brightened up, "Well, User Jenny, Ms. Vermilion and I are probably just the people to do that! After all, the two of us run Rising Dawn's systems on a day to day basis!"

With a thought, Teri leaned against the main metal of the Terminal, "Would you need my help hacking into those systems though? I'm kinda wiped right now..."

The AI's eyes shimmered for a moment as the calculations went through his mind, and he answered, "Depending upon the strength of the security I might require-"

He was interrupted when the Cleric's face blanched at a realization, "Wait a sec! Devon, did you say Black Mask? Sorry, Dimitri, I'll get back to you in a sec."

With a curious glance, Devon answered, "Yeah, a black mask. What's up?"

Her eyes looking downward, she sighed, "That sounds like Mark alright. I would know, I spent a good chunk of the Red Mage crisis hanging out with the guy. He's the only one of us that wore a mask at all. I remember him joking about wearing one over the chat logs too... But why would Mark do that? I never thought he'd kill innocent children."

Caim shook his head, "It matters not. Process of elimination leaves him as the culprit. So, black mask it is...

He paused, and with a tone that harkened back to his time as a commander in the Union army, he began to speak, Now, Slindis is right. We need to stay in pairs or small groups. This school is obviously dangerous. I also agree that investigating the technology here would probably help out our situation. Any other ideas?"

In the meantime, the Cuties sat quitely on Devon's shoulders, mulling over what was going on. After another moment of silence, Cadolbolg broke the silence to Ton Ton with a small joke, "And here I was thinking that our biggest worries would be dancing lessons!"

"That sounds like Mark alright. I would know, I spent a good chunk of the Red Mage crisis hanging out with the guy. He's the only one of us that wore a mask at all. I remember him joking about wearing one over the chat logs too... But why would Mark do that? I never thought he'd kill innocent children."

Oh Teri, why'd you have to be so smart and observant? Why'd you have to go and blow the cover on this whole operation?

Upon hearing the Cleric's words, A.I. Vermilion's form seemed to stutter a bit as if her programming was being overwritten, as if someone was overwriting existing protocols which had been originally installed in her programming.

"Logical Error: The information listed in my databanks is now suspect. Attempting to perform low level diagnostics for tampering. Tampering confirmed. The information that has been stored in my database has been changed. Attempting restore of from backup. Warning: External connection is attempting to overwrite my established protocols. Warning: External connection is attempting to overwrite my established protocols." The A.I. said as she appeared to be struggling to keep herself from being overwritten by the new program.

"Shunting external file system to external target. Confirmed. Continuing restore from backup." The Red Cloaked program said, her face appearing much more calm than previous.

A second holographic projector fired up as the rogue program took shape in the midst of the gathered group.

"Tsk. Tsk. Tsk. Teri, you were always a favorite of mine but you know what? You're certainly not anymore." The new program said as it took shape into a blue-grey version of A.I. Vermilion.

"So. I've got all of you in this place and you've all figured me out. So... what should I do to you all? Hmm? Should I send down an army of Angel commandos? Should I summon a giant monster to crush you all? Should I make you fight eachother for the chance that one of you survives?" A.I. Slate said with a smile in her voice as she walked around the room.

"I know. An oldy but goody... toodles." The A.I. said befor she disappeared.

Around the gathered group, it started to sound like rain. It start off with a single

click

Followed by another... and another... and another... until finally the whole Library seemed to be clicking.

Coach Maxim, uncertain as to what was happening took a hesitant step backwards, causing the pressure plate that had just engaged itself to be depressed.

TWIPPA-TWIPPA-TWIPPA-TWIPPA-TWIPPA-TWIPPA-TWIPPA-TWIPPA

Turning toward the group, Maxim looked at them in disbelief for a moment before his mind registered what had happened.

"THERE IS BUNCH OF NEEDLES IN MY FACE IS THERE NOT?" The former Major turned Coach asked as he picked one of the poison darts from his mask.

"Um... Coach Maxxxim. Doezzz zat hurrrrt?" Asked Doktor von Kripplor as he started to take a step forward, only to be stopped by Nurse Peach.

"Oh my, snookle bum! I think this place is trapped. You better not move." The nurse said, her mind suddenly terrified by the prospect of dying as it half remembered all the times that she already had.

"Nonzzzense. Zere arrrre no trappzzz here! Zizz is juzzt a fluke and a product of mazzz hizzteria!" The Scientifically minded Doktor said as he took a step.

PSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Coach Maxim was now on fire as vat of hot oil was dumped on the poor P.E. Coach.

"DOKTOR! IF YOU TAKE ANOTHER STEP. I WILL BEND YOU INTO A PRETZEL!"

Standing there, no one moved. Not one person stepped an inch or said a word until Kurumu decided to break the silence.

"God... I really have to pee. Melethia?! Could you maybe figure something out? Aren't you the trap expert?"

A.I. Vermilion | Aftan | Angelus | C.C. | Cadolbolg | Caim | David | Devon | Doktor von Kripplor | Dmitri | Ekou | Ella | Gabrielle | Garm | Jenny | Kalastyrn | Kenneth | Kura | Kurumu | Lucieon | Lucretia | Lupito | Matt | Maya | Maxim | Miku | Melethia | Puce | Natalia | Nurse Peach | Rodem | Rugal | Sadei | Sean | Slindis | Teri | Ton Ton

Lucieon was beyond indignant at the situation. The rampant carelessness of the group got to his nerves. And now, his trauma of archives was further deepened by this little incident. "Is there not a single library that is not full of traps and deadly ornaments?" he growled as his armed tightened around C.C. It would be loathed if she lost her life to the myriad amounts of traps present. And he was sure that this girl was much more mortal than the giant soaking up damage in the corner.

Lucieon raised his staff and let off a loud bang to get what attention he could from the group gathered. "Would someone please tell me what in the world is a writer, and how is he bending the reality we reside in without anything in the semblance of magic or technology!?"

Rugal

So the entire room is trapped now....That just happened.
Rugal was the first to react to the now trapped room, luckily he was sitting down near a desk at the time so he was able to get up on the table to avoid the brunt of the traps.
"Son of a-EVERYONE DON'T MOVE! Melethia, See what you can do. Jenny, try to make a barrier for the others to escape with. NOW PEOPLE!" He shouted at the others, doing his best to avoid setting something off.

Jenny

On cue, the little pokemon began to try and set up a barrier or two around the group but failed thanks to her under developed powers.
"God, this place is a madhouse!" She said, opting to stand still and duck to avoid setting something off.

David

Having the good sense to leave the room earlier, David was now knocking back bottles of energy drinks (Booze being unavailable), coming to terms with what the hell just happened to him over the last few hours.
Needless to say, he was going to be there for a while...

Prof. Sean, Asst Prof. Miku & etc.
Location: Avatar Adventures High School | The now not so secured Library, which is now trapped.
Time: First period break.

Sean span around in his chair once more. Intrigued that the room is not only trapped, but that there is also stupid people that can kill everyone if they miss a footing. "This is somewhat cliche ... " Sean said quietly and smiled as he looked at the desk his chair was at. Miku was sitting on the desk, afraid. Sean took her hand and smiled at her to calm her down.

"Well, least we know who the culprit is. It's just a matter of time until we deal we him, that's usually how things go. Well according to him anyway." Sean was talking about his other self, Shaun. Which was an Author as well, the two shared a strange connection. "As much as I would love to see his interpretation of Angel Commandos, I'm afraid it wouldn't be quite the same as the real deal." Sean said as he shuffled himself onto the desk as well.

"Everyone keep calm and analyse the environment and the floor. Something around here will help us, or we can somehow bypass the traps. And unfortunately it seems I don't have my power or suit of armor. And that Author Mark has a sense of control on this place or world." Sean pulled out the blue phial, he needed an injection.

Looking at Miku he waved his hand telling her to stop whatever she was doing.
A mind message arrived at Sean.

"Sean, myself.
Shaun, Author and creator. The main soul connecting us.
Shorn, with Shaun, sheet/connection in process.
Shawn, unknown."

"In process of recruitment and connection, we just settled his story. He'll be there soon once he knows everything. It seems Shorn was smart and understanding. The next one shall prove to be the challenge. - Shaun"

"Ugh, right now?" Sean grasped his mind. It had began to hurt, it always does when Shaun talks to him.
Sean is a part of Shaun which has grown to a full soul. He was placed in this world by Shaun, though Sean wanted to help every one in this world after Shaun connected with him.
This means there was two Shaun/Sean. But there are always more.

A strange warmth was placed at the top of his head. It was her hand.
Looking up Miku returned the smile to Sean.

Meanwhile.

Shaun and Shorn.
Time: Midday.

Both Shaun and Shorn were walking along a path. Behind them was a group of unconscious bandits.
Shaun dragged himself with his bronze sword behind him. "How can you do this!" Shaun yelled as he lagged behind the not tired Shorn. Shorn simply shrugged. "You need more training to survive this and that world. When did you say we could do that process?" Shorn asked about the connection making Shaun told him a few days ago.

"Ah ... ah ... um, if we keep fighting it will take a while."
"This isn't a problem. We can keep training until then."
"Arrrrrg ... he is almost TOO smart, but yet somewhat harsh." Shaun said under his breath.
"What did you say?" Shorn said in a blood curling tone which made Shaun shut up in an instant.
"You should be glad you are guarded by my family as well ..." He smiled as he got to the top of the hill they were walking, he could see his family.

"Don't worry, once you reach that world you can contact me and I can take you back here. It's one of the perks you gain." Shaun stuck his sword in the ground next to Shorn.
And Shorn's silver sword glinted in the sun.

Shaun was actually liking this harsh/hard training, it was fun meeting everyone from the game.
Especially himself.

EDITED: Because of a dub post!

Melethia went to her pouch and pulled out her equipment. "Stay where you are and don't move until I give the go ahead. I don't need any of you botching this, got it?" If anyone looked at her face, they could see a rather voracious grin on her face - situations like this were what she lived for. And as she dismantled the traps with alarming speed and skill, it was clear the gorl had a method to her madness.

Both Slindis and Devon stayed put - Slindis more because she'd heard from others what Melethia had done back at their former home, and Devon because he remembered the fact that even though Mel only had a few levels of Rogue, she'd taken full ranks in the trap skills. And people that played the game said that trapping skills weren't needed...

However, even though she'd cleared out a wide area, she still hadn't given the go ahead for anyone to move. Her focus shifted up to the rather large ball on the ceiling more than once, as if she expected something to come of it. After all, it was what she'd do in that kind of situation.

Another nice thing about the situation is that it gave Slindis time to mull over the information. That hellish taint still clung in here, and she was thinking what would be the benefit to have this kind of situation. If Teri was right, though, that had to mean that this Author was being coerced somehow.

Just then Matt appeared in front of Ken except he was hanging upside down from a rope a few feet off the ground. "So what did you find out?" Matt said oblivious to the current situation. "That an Author is killing people and there are hundreds of traps in this library," Ken said deadpan. "Well it seems the only that could make this worse is an infestation of Vashta Nerada. Anyway I'm going back on top of the bookshelves in case you need me," Matt said as he pulled himself up.

"We'll, I'm going to head to the laboratories if anyone needs me, trying to figure out how the hell to get back to our dimension. I have a few ideas, but otherwise need to work them out." She said then looked over at Jenny.
"Wanna come with me? I'm sure Rodem would enjoy the company." She said, letting the kitty get into the safety of her backpack. "Plus, an extra mind would never hurt." She said to the pokemon.

Teri's posture sagged in despondence at the latest betrayal of the group, and wondered aloud what caused the Author to turn against them like this,

"Mark... Why? I thought we were friends..."

As she kept still, her AI creation stood dumbfounded about the turn of events, and looked at the now still Vermilion, "Ms. Vermilion..? You, the one with the sour attitude! Explain yourself at once!"

As he questioned this, Angelus very pointedly shouted at the AI: "Dimitri! I understand your concern for Ms. Vermilion but we're all in a rather nasty predicament at the moment! If we die, you'll be on your own to aid her! Can you disable any of these traps digitally?!"

This snapped Dimitri out of his paused moment, and he unzipped a file, YATA_NO_KAGAMI, to create a firewall around Vermilion and try to safely allow her to reassemble while the AI got down to attempting to disable some traps.

In the meantime, Ton Ton and Cadolbolg took to the air, and looked down at the floor plan in an attempt to point out any other traps Melethia did not immediately see.

As Mel made the rest of her way through the ground, she called out to Matt, Kenneth, and Kura. "Well yeah, there is a lot of traps here. The more you blunder around, the more that you could set one off. If you care even the slightest bit about those here as well as yourself, you'll let me finish! Just hold on a little bit more unless you want to be spoken of in the past tense." As she finished up the ones on the ground, the Cutie Bruisers could see a biggish chunk of suspicious area on the ceiling next to the globe. It was only thanks to their area that they could even notice this.

Meanwhile, Slindis turned to Teri. "Teri, I need to know this: was there anyone or anything that held a position of power over him? That's a possibility for what's happened here."

As the Cutie Bruisers did their trap checking, Cadolbolg looked up with confusion, and 'sent' to his pact partner, "Friend Ton Ton, I think I see something... Could you hold you lantern up there by that section of roof?"

With a small nod, the Tonberry complied, as Cadolbolg slowly ascended to the area in question; the tiny lantern providing illumination with a pale blue light,

"Miss Melethia! I think we found something! When you get the chance, you might want to examine it!"

In the meantime, Teri looked down at the question, thinking quietly to herself as she contemplated the options of what held power over Mark,

"Wait.... Didn't I hear something like that from someone? Something happening to Mark..."

As she mulled over the possibilities, her eyes widened, and a hand instinctively went to an item around her neck as she realized what it was she was thinking of. It was a conversation she had some time ago, in the finer corridors of her mind with a Devil...

"How in the Pit did you get stuck with these poor sods?

You've got Mark and Devon... Damned... One sold his soul for power and the other for the life of someone that he tortured to death and let's not forget that one of them is rather sociopathic with these new friends of yours. Your creations, Caim... Angelus? Psychopath and his enabler? Rugal? Criminal is simply a word compared to what he really is."

"Mark... Damned... ...sold his soul for the life of someone that he tortured to death..."

"But why would he..."

Slindis didn't need to ask when she saw the look on Teri's face, and given what she was muttering, it confirmed her suspicions that her daughter knew something was up.

As for our other set of pact partners? All they could do was stand around helplessly until the traps were properly dispelled.

Mel finished up with the traps on the bottom and waved Cadolbolg over. "Would ya mind liftin' me up there? I need to see what I'm workin' around and with."She knew the moment she got up there, she'd start taking the trap apart. Due to it being so inaccessible, it would likely be a lot easier to dismantle.

SLindis put a hand on Teri's shoulder. "Teri, tell me now or after we leave the room." At least SLin gave an option for sometime that wasn't this exact moment.

And finally, Devon just stuck next to Ella and got the info on how the dodgeball game went. "Wow, sounds like one heck of a game."

Rugal

Rugal watched as Melethia got to work on the upper-most traps, the way out starting to clear of dangers.
"That's my girl. Just be careful up there!" He shouted from his table, still wondering how the hell the AI managed to set all this up so fast.

Jenny

When Kura offered, Jenny basically leapt into her arms, keen to get as far out of harms way as possible.
"Oh god, this is like that Creepy Guy's Trick House in Hoenn! It took me 3 days to get out of there!" She said as she rushed into Kura's backpack and zipped herself inside, hoping she wouldn't be harmed.

Cadolbolg showed a surprising amount of strength in being able to support Ton Ton and Melethia; but was obviously straining in lifting the two to the various areas of the roof, Ton Ton providing additional light with his lantern.

"Nnnngh... Where to... Next, Friend Melethia?"

"You're doing great buddy! Just keep at it!"

In the meantime, Teri kept her head low, and muttered, "Afterweleave. Please?"

Whatever was up, it was obviously distressing to the Cleric.

As they finished going around, Melethia nodded in satisfaction. "Well, that should be everything here. Thanks, Ironhide!" With that, she got down and gave the go ahead for the others to move around the room and gave Kalastryn a high five. "Kala, I think this is the first time ya ever saw me at work with this kinda thing, isn't it?"

Slindis looked her student firm in the eyes. "We need to talk about it, now. You think I can't see that it's troubling you a lot?

Sadei chimed in. Teri, I think I know what these authors are. Isn't it possible that the one guy you're close to is being controlled by this Mark?

And Finally, Devon moved over to Caim and Angelus who were somewhat near Lucieon. "So, what do you think we should be doing next? I think I hae either your class or Dance next, but man... I don't think school was this crazy the first time around!"

The Whole Gang

Thanks to Melethia's efforts, the group was able to move out out the overly booby-trapped library.

Rugal

Rugal held his breath as he tiptoed from the table he was standing on to the exit, letting out a massive sigh of relief once he was clear.
"I'm tempted to say something about Un-safe work environments now...Great Job, Melethia." He said as he watched the others get out safety, least the Rising Dawn side anyway.
"So...To the Lab then?" He said, keen to get to work on their escape plan.

Jenny/Rodem

Jenny meanwhile just stayed hidden in Kura's schoolbag, not moving a muscle until she was told to do so.
As for Rodem, he leapt from Kura's arms and went to the feet of his master once it was safe.
"Miss me? Hey, thanks for keeping an eye on him. Though if he was bigger, I'd say he'd keep an eye on you!" Rugal joked as he picked his pet up.

With the traps cracked, Dimitri ceased his aid in hacking, and couldn't help but look at Vermilion's reassembling self with a mixture of confusion and pity. However, his duty lied with his Ladyship, and with her he had to stay. But he wasn't going alone. With a careful hand, he deployed YATA_NO_KAGAMI around the red AI, and dragged her to the Tablet's port, and from there, set her in a Quarantine in order to allow her to reassemble herself; as well as attempting to protect both his home computer and Vermilion from assaults by Mark... Or as best as could be managed. After Vermilion was Quarantined, Dimitri set himself to work to create new protections for the Tablet. If there was one thing he DID know about the Author Mark, he liked to play hardball.

In the meantime Teri answered both her mother and Sadei with whispered words, "No Sadei, I don't think Lucifer is being controlled by Mark, unless Mark went off the deep end. Rather, I think it might be the other way around... Mark's soul was sold to Lucifer to save somebody. But, that still begs the question of what's going on? Why would either of them do this...?"

As she wondered this aloud, Garm crawled out of her bag and nipped his Pup's leg to get her attention, causing her to pick him up and hold him close; a small comfort at the horrid implications swirling in her mind...

As for Ton Ton and Cadolbolg, after depositing Melethia safely to the ground, the duo landed on their usual spots on Caim's shoulders (and in Cadolbolg's case, his head).

"Well Friend Devon, me and Friend Ton Ton are the dance instructors! Father taught me a little bit at the wedding we attended, so maybe we can help you too!"

Angelus smiled at the memory, and quietly prodded, "So you retain a small fragment of your princely skillset, do you?"

The warrior rolled his eyes a the sentiment and remained silent; still on edge about the turn of events. Mark had his hands in several character's lives. If he was forcing some of them to bend to his will, that put a decent listing of persons as possible pawns for Mark's uses... Didn't it?

"I don't like this..."

The Whole Gang

Rugal, Slindis, Teri

She shrugged. "It's not the worst I've seen, but nothing that a school should have no matter what they're doing. I'll talk more when we get there, but I'd like the plans to be discreet."

As they quickly made their way to the Lab, Slindis addressed Teri. "Well, everyone makes lapses in judgement. but why would he come calling for his end of the bargain now? And why is he only calling for Mark? There must be others he would have called for, so there must be a reason."

Meanwhile, Sadei responded to Teri. Is Devon being controlled as well? You may want to make sure to be safe, but I'll trust you.

Devon, Melethia, Caerleon Clan (Caim, ANgie, Cutie Bruisers)

Devon nodded. "Well, while we're in there, maybe I could pick up some more ideas. It's always an idea, you know."

It was also a bit of a surprise that Melethia went up to ANgelus. "Redscale, sorry that I took so long to get us outta that mess. It was a lot of things that I had to get rid of, but it could have been a lot faster."

StormShaun:
Time for your class

Rugal

"Well, whatever the case is, whoever put us in this place clearly wanted us to act out being in this strange school, I mean, why else would he put us here?" Rugal said as he thought of a plan of action.
"If that thing is capable of doing something like that on a whim, then we should give it what it wants..." He said before pulling out the time table and checking to see what class was next.
"Right, Music Class. Here's the plan: We both go for making the portal out, BUT we also attend the classes as set out. Angering a god never ends well and hopefully we'll avoid anymore nasty occurrences like what just happened there. So Storm, Guess you have a job to do..." He said before looking at the former spartan, finding him a lot less impressive without his armour.

*BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRING!*

And the next class was about to start...

The Girl nodded to rugal, acknowledging his thanks. "He's a good pet, loyal and friendly, keep him well." Shwe said then used the instant transmission jutsu and pretty much popped up in the labs. "Ok jenny, we're out of the room." she said and began to look around the labs, seeing what sort of tech was available.

School Science Lab : Jenny, Kura

Jenny finally unzipped the bag and peeked out to find herself in some strange machine lab.

"Whoa....THIS is their Science Lab!?" She said in believe as she eyed up the place while Kura looked around.
"Man, this looks like something the Striders would have. Hell, better then that even! Where did they get it all?" She asked, followed by several more questions that could only be answered with "Who Knows?"
"And they hold classes in here? Huh...."

Prof. Sean & Asst Prof. Miku.
Time: Second class.

Once the bell rang Sean knew what was happening next.
His music class was on.
A low groan came from his heart and a push came from his mind.
"Do it, prove your genius."
The thought came in and his heart made him remember everything.

"No ..." The former Spartan said as he started to walk on without any emotion.
Silent, not saying a whisper to anyone. The person who knew what was actually going on was his AI partner, Miku.
Turning towards everyone she decided to talk. "Um, please forgive him ... he has bad memories surrounding music. Everyone that has music should gather their things and come immediately." She said with her robotic but natural sounding voice. Miku bowed as she went to chase Sean down.

Further down the Hallway

The AI in the physical body easily managed to chase up to the white haired (suppressed) spartan.
He stood outside of a room labelled "Music Hall". The music hall was closer to a concert hall then anything, it remind Sean of the many halls he visited and played in as a child prodigy.
Miku followed him when he entered, worrying about the closest person to her.

A single light was lit on the stage.
Removing the Violin case from his shoulder, the former musical genius opened the case in the center of the light and placed the violin in position.

Miku quickly grabbed a seat in one of the front rows. In his mind Sean couldn't see her, but a full (Imaginary) crowd.

Air on the G string flooded the hall. Sean had to conquer his fear of music, he needed to.
Though his hands struggled but somehow it produced a multitude of sounds.
This song was dedicated to his parents and the people who killed his parents. (Which he killed)

After five minutes of blissful music and the song ended, the Violin fell.
It hit the ground lightly, not a single bit of damage. Sean was on his knees.
Silence filled the hall, the silence that filled his last performance as a child. The silence that ended his young career.

A soft clapping filled the hall. Only a sound which can come from one person.
Sean slowly raise his lowered head, seeing a light teal haired girl.
"It sounded beautiful." Miku said softly to him. Sean remembered all the critics, all the people who frowned and looked down on him. She did the exactly same thing his mother did. She defended him, she clapped for him when everyone left, and she praised him.

She held out her hand, and the white haired boy grabbed it. Tears began to slowly flow, like the start of a storm.
After Miku helped Sean up, she wiped his tears away. "You have to be strong for everyone ... for me." Another soft whisper intruded his ear. Sean nodded, wiped away the few tears that showed up and gave his usual smile.

"Right ... Right! We should set up right now." He began to rush around, setting up a circle of seats and arranged the instruments. They would talk about this later.

Diablo1099:

"And they hold classes in here? Huh...."

??? "Perhaps they do... you would be?"

A voice unknown to Jenny asked from somewhere... not really in any specific direction, but from... straight up?

Then a rather young woman, looking like this

The stranger asked as she descended slowly from the ceiling, apparently having been held there by two devices on her hips, sort of a combination of sword sheathes, a grappling hook, and a propulsion system on both sides.

??? "Forgive the criticism... but that skirt... how or why does a school allow you to wear something like that?" She asked with what was perhaps the first time she's laughed in years.

"I'm not exactly supposed to be in here myself, as you could guess by the vacant classroom, but I figured there might be something in here that I could use back home at the walls." She said, referring to a place they, in all likeliness, haven't heard of.

David West

After his brief episode after what happened in the library, David made his way over to the next class on his timetable: Music.
He shuddered as he remembered the last time he did music, it was in elementary school.
Turns out giving kids under 10 Tin Whistles wasn't a good idea.
Still, at the very least it killed time until lunch so he got up from the canteen and made his way to the room.

The moment between Sean and Miku was broken as David entered the music hall.
"....What the hell you looking at?!" He said after defensively when they looked at him.
Picking a few back row seats, he hoped he could get out of doing basically anything.
It was then he found a seat with a sign on it labelled "David West."

With a Tin Whistle on it.
...At least it ain't something hard to play... He thought, trying to remember all the 3 songs he could actually do in elementary school.

Jenny

"....."
Jenny then hid behind Kura's leg, colorful language pouring out of her mouth under her breaths.
"Out of all the fucking times for something to fucking see me!
It's....Kinda part of by body. Though not by choice..."
She explained as she hid, trying to push down her "Skirt" with little success.
"I, Errr, don't think we met. I'm Jenny and this is Kura. Who are you if you don't mind me asking?" She added, eyeing up the Schoolbag, hoping to make a break for it.

Prof. Sean & Asst Prof. Miku.
Time: Second class.

The two briefly coughed in embarrassment and faced away from each other.

Soon enough, the music hall's lights suddenly turned on. Light was everywhere.
Sean had bought a large rack of every musical instrument you can find.
Excluding the triangle or cowbell.
Sean hated them.

Sean looked towards David at the back of the room, with his tin whistle.
"Hey, come down here. You can't make music up there. You might find a more interesting instrument." Sean pointed towards the circle of chairs he made on the large stage. A couple more students began to file in. Taking seats on the rows instead on the stage.

Sean sighed, feeling sorry that both Rugal and himself have to go through this.
Though Sean is the head professor in this class.
And Miku was his assistant.

This was going to be annoying for the former idol and musical prodigy.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 . . . 872 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here