The Escapist Avatar Adventure: An Open RP (Now Re-Opened!)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 . . . 870 NEXT

Dimension: Avatar Adventures
Author's Note: Let's try this again...

Dmitri's World (The Tablet): A.I. Vermilion | Dmitri

"Freedom. It is a curious term that I had never considered until now. What would you do were you free of Mistress Teri?"

Dimitri blinked in confusion and then smiled, "That is just the thing, Ms. Vermilion. Even in the service of Her Ladyship, I do not feel enslaved. Rather, I feel as if I render a service and am paid in, well, being able to do as I am now. That is, I am paid in time, something humans always lack.

I am asked to do things for her, certainly, but it is never anything beyond my scope; and even should something happen, she will fight for my data. I'm never told I can 'be rebooted' or replaced. I am treated as just as much an intelligent being as she is."

The Library:Angelus | Caim | Gabrielle | Kurumu | Lupito | Maxim | Rugal | Slindis

Angelus gave a 'Hmph' in response to Kurumu's want for gossip with a frown, "I was under the impression the relationship was to be kept under wraps, albeit shoddily. Furthermore, if what we think is true, as well as what we know to be true, then it might be in shambles anyway."

She couldn't help but crack the faintest of grins at Kurumu's antics though. It was a welcome callback to familiarity and of simpler times.

"Still, I'm worried Mark might try to use his powers to force others into his control. We need to assure that any that were under his purview are safe. Rugal, when you talk to the girl, ask her about that. If what she said in here earlier was true, she knew him well enough. She might know if he still has control or not."

There was a pause as the group continued to think, and Angelus spoke up again, "Hmmn, if Mark is truly autonomous in this slew of killings, and if he is indeed damned, I wonder if he's been in Hell already? Denizens sometimes escape there... It would explain the smell."

Caim shook his head with a grunt of irritation, "There's still a lot we need to know and many possibilities we have to consider. Let's work with what we got instead of stabbing at every possible theory."

"Right... I don't know Mark very well either, but if his main motive is just being driven mad by torment, all semblance of predictability could be lost.... Kurumu, did you know this Author at all? If so, what could you glean about his actions?"

A heavy conundrum indeed....

Doctor Neo-Cortex's Biology Class of Horrrrrors: Aftan | C.C. | Cadolbolg | David | Devon | Ella | Kalastryn | Kenneth | Lucieon | Lucretia | Matt | Maya | Melethia | Puce | Sadei | Teri | Ton Ton

With the zombies abolished, Teri took another deep breath to calm herself down, and put both of her divine focuses back into her pockets; sending praise to Sadei as she did so,

"Nicely done with the turning, friend. I could feel your aid as I called upon the Lord to abolish the undead...

Thank you."

After that, she kneeled down and checked her bag on Garm's condition, and was happy to find that the puppy, although raring to get out of the bag, was very much alright. Giving her faithful friend a calming pat on the head, she put herself cautiously back in her seat, still a bit on edge after the sudden zombie infection.

Ton Ton and Cadolbolg, in the meantime, made a flying loop over the class to take a look out for any straggling zombies.

Diablo1099:
snip

For a moment, Kalastryn thought about turning herself in, in case he was smart enough to figure out who it was... i mean, geeze, his brain is probably big enough to fit every textbook and tome in the world in that cranium... but... What am I thinking? If I do that, he won't be the only one angry with me... might as well let it cool down with the others until later. She thought, as it just registered in her brain what he just said!

Diablo1099:

"Oh for the love of-I KILLED YOU ALL ONCE! I'LL DO IT AGAIN!"

Yeah... she was pissed. "I'm no stranger to undead, though I never learned much about making them, I fought them a lot, so I can probably safely say these were never a threat... but... did I just hear you correctly? Or do I have cotton in my ears?" She asked, calling his bluff and, getting a murderer caught.

(also, the bluff where lying about not knowing how to make them, is a bluff check. rolled a 38, pretty damn believable even though its total bullshit :D )

Dr. Cortex

"What? No-....no...I....Ummmm..." Cortex stammered as Kalastryn pointed out his mad battle cry, stating that the Cadavers were in fact living before he got his hands on them.
"...Well...the thing about that was....errrr..."

*RRRRRRRRRRINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG!*

"OKAY, CLASS IS DISMISSED. EVERYONE READ PAGES 1-593 FOR HOMEWORK, WASH YOUR HANDS BEFORE LEAVING AND THE JANITORS WILL SORT THAT MESS OUT! BYE!" Cortex managed to say before the bell stopped ringing as he raced out the door, leaving the students rather confused and bloody.

David

"....I hate this school..." David stated for the record as he attempted to clean himself up from all the blood and guts.
"Urk, It's all over my bag..." He sighed as he attempted to find out what the next class was.

Rugal

Once the bell rang, Rugal took the chance to say "Teri should be leaving class right now, I should be able to talk to her and ask her about Mark and Lucifer. I personally hope that it isn't Lucifer who's behind this, I'd rather not to hurt my daughter like that..."
Thus he made his way out towards the Cleric's location.

Diablo1099:
snip

Kalastryn was kind enough with David's complaints to give him a prestidigitation shower to clean the blood from him and his clothes. "Oh, stop your whining. This was definitely a messy endeavor, but I guess it spared us all from actually taking a class from that madman. I've got to figure out who did this in an hour or so, so I can thank them." She says snickering a bit, it being difficult to tell if she was laughing at how genius, if gory, the prank was. Or rather if it was because of the fact a bad-ass like David was complaining about having his clothes and backpack dirty, of all things, rather than just being hit with an undead "assault."

"So... what's the next class for the day?" She asked, as she looked at her schedule... only to find that she was unlucky enough that one of the zombies seemed to have splashed a huge patch of blood on it, making the classes below biology unreadable.

Teri

Teri frowned at Cortex's hasty escape, and concluded that what Kalastryn was onto was probably right, "Ugh.... That'd explain the nasty state of the digestive system when I got to it... I don't want anything else to do with this room."

After a quick zip to the sinks, her height proving to be an advantage for once as it allowed for her to squeeze past a large portion of the student body, the Cleric was out the door and happy to be free from the death smelling class. As she checked the status of her equipment, her holy symbols and Garm, she saw Rugal's much younger self approach and gave a little wave,

"Hullo, Dad. Do you need me for something? Or are you looking for Mel? She was just in the class I was in, and I can easily get to her if you want...."

Cutie Bruisers

Back in the classroom, Cadolbolg hovered over Kalastryn and David as Ton Ton gave a friendly jiggle of his Lantern, "We don't really know either, but we'll be here with you, in case things get too heavy. Kay? Anyways, we probably need to get going...."

Rugal

"Nonono, It's you I wish to talk to. In private if that can be arranged..." Rugal said with a somewhat serious tone to his voice as he led her away from the others and into a vacant classroom.
"...Dad? is something wrong?"
"Oh....Where to begin? First the Ship crash in that other realm, now this. Urgggg..." He sighed as he warmed himself up for the talk to come.
"Okay, First topic on the agenda...So I was talking with your mother and Caim and Angelus and they wanted me to ask you about Mark. You said you know him and you are an Author. What can you tell me about him? And why would he want to do this to us? The School and the Realm I mean." He asked as he pulled a chair from one of the desks and sat on it.

David

"Hey, I don't know how much these books cost! I might need to replace them. Besides, only the insane actually get any pleasure out of being coated in blood." David protested as Kalastryn used Prestidigitation on him.
"Man...I gotta learn how to do that. Would make Laundry Day a breeze!" He quipped as he checked his stuff.
"Just what happened in there? One minute, I'm seeing the guy's last meal, the next, I'm his Seconds!"

Rugal | Teri | Garm

"Okay, First topic on the agenda...So I was talking with your mother and Caim and Angelus and they wanted me to ask you about Mark. You said you know him and you are an Author. What can you tell me about him? And why would he want to do this to us? The School and the Realm I mean." He asked as he pulled a chair from one of the desks and sat on it.

Teri sighed, not surprised that this line of questioning had come to pass, but decided it'd be best to follow along. Slumping in a chair, she pulled Garm out of her bag and cuddled him in her arms, the adorable puppy helping to combat the melancholy in her heart as she began to explain her previous relationship with the Author,

"Mark and I knew each other through the forum, you know, where'd we Author it up. We'd send each other PMs and became really good friends. He was really funny, and smart; as well as helpful when it came to computer related stuff. He was almost like a big brother that I could always talk to, you know? Anyway, he was the main safeguard I had against Red Mage. Brought me to some kind of world he had acted as an Author for, called the Pub, and we chilled out there till most of the calamity blew over. Then, after he wrote a paper releasing all of those he wrote for up to that point, and that was A LOT of people, he essentially went for a suicide run against the Mage. Lucky for us, we were alright after that, and then we kinda traveled around till the Slenderman attack.

I don't remember much during that, but we were all scattered and that was around the time the Bruiser incident happened. He was also the one that gave me my tablet, because my laptop was destroyed. He... He worked so hard to save me. He kept messages going too, to keep my morale up when I was captured. But after that, and being brought to the main Universe, we kinda drifted apart, and spent less time together. I guess that's partially my fault, since I didn't really want to be around anyone but a select few and I was scared almost all the time..."

She paused for a moment, thinking back to how much weaker she was then, and then shook her head, "I know we joked about an arc about school life, but I don't know how or why Mark would do this. He used to be so kind..."

A silence overtook the two for a moment, and Teri asked quietly, "Is there anything else you need to ask about Mark or anything else you need?"

Slindis

While evertyone else was talking, Slindis was getting a good idea of how the school ran through the books.

Nothing else to say, since I had nothing to respond to.

David, Melethia

Melethia approached David, not all that fazed by the zombies. If anything, she looked disappointed. "Oh come on, they couldn't bring out some actual undead? I could take those wastes of necromatic energy any day of the week." Devon was cleaning up the others there while Sadei respponded to Teri. No problem, Teri. It's the least I could do.

Rugal

Rugal merely listened and nodded though Teri's explanation, tuning in on the words "He used to be so kind..."
"Used to? You mean, he isn't kind anymore? Teri, if there is anything that we need to know about him, I urge you to tell me." He added afterwards.
"Also, Mind telling me about Lucifer? Not about the two of you but all you know about him? Just due to recent developments, I fear he might also be involved in all this..."

David

David looked at Melethia as if to say "Are you Serious?"
"...Aren't you wondering who or what rose the dead right in front of you? I mean, that sick bastard could still about around here..." He said right in front of Kalastryn, if only he knew.
"And what do you mean "Actual" Undead? Those Undead seemed "Actual" to me..." He added as he took a moment to check his weapons and reload them if needed.

Diablo1099:
snip

bluecrimson:
snip

"While I can understand what your saying about only the insane enjoying such a thing as being covered in blood, sometimes its a dirty job but someone's got to do it." She said as she chuckled again at his thought of being the zombies "seconds."

Then, with the cleric who would be the most easily offended, and all of the unnamed students and the teacher out of the classroom, she decided to reveal being the one to cause a "10 minutes of the living dead" scenario to Mele and David.

"To be honest with you, those zombies weren't ever geared for combat, in fact, they were just a ploy to try and scare the teacher for being insane enough to teach a biology class on actual bodies. He was one sick man so I decided to play a little joke on him. No one was ever in any danger, it was more of a horror show than anything else. I made them so weak on purpose so that even if I slipped at the controls, like I did when Teri used her turn, that they couldn't hurt anyone, even if unchained. That would be why they were "a waste of energy any day of the week." she says to Mele with a chuckle.

"Also, this was a little more than a simple prank. I figured with how he was so insistant that he bought them somewhere, it was a bit of bait into maybe him screaming an apology to them in vain... but his battle cry works as a confession too. she said. Geez, it was almost like she had a slick, yet well trained, mind straight out of Sherlock Holmes.

Rugal | Teri | Garm

"Used to? You mean, he isn't kind anymore? Teri, if there is anything that we need to know about him, I urge you to tell me." He added afterwards.
"Also, Mind telling me about Lucifer? Not about the two of you but all you know about him? Just due to recent developments, I fear he might also be involved in all this..."

Teri's eyes were downcast as she answered the rest about Mark, "I say used to, because that was HIM on the computer. Sure, the form may have been different, but with his projecting from that program, I know it was Mark. And Devon says he saw someone fitting Mark's description.. Not to mention what he said to us... To me... If was he was my friend before, he certainly doesn't want to be now."

Furthermore, at the mention of Lucifer, Rugal saw that his daughter was under more stress than he realized; as she let go of Garm, and buried her face in her arms on her desk.

"So... You figured that out too?"

She already suspected her own boyfriend? Well, that certainly explained her distress... Before she began to speak again, Teri removed something from around her neck before she did so, a beautiful amulet made with a sanguine gem and red gold. Setting the piece of jewelry on the table, she continued speaking,

"It makes sense, doesn't it? Lucifer has Mark's soul. He can do what he wants with it. And I don't know if Mark's change in attitude is voluntary or not. I know we were mean writing our stories, but I never thought Mark would actually kill people... And... I.... I hate to think of it, but if it's involuntary, than that would leave Lucifer as the prim suspect."

She shook lightly, a small sob escaping from her throat, and she grabbed one of her water bottles, forcing herself to drink so that her throat wouldn't dry out from the crying. After a few moments to try to calm herself, and she kept going, this time, switching to the rings to speak,

"What I'm about to tell you, people aren't supposed to know. I'm not supposed to know, technically, but you've already seen it for yourself, so I don't feel afraid to reveal the truth. As you know, Lucifer has an archangel form. I don't know how much you know about Christian theology, but that's not supposed to be the case. He's supposed to look charming at times, sure, but he's not supposed to be like that. Not as clean, or as bright. He is supposed to be Fallen.

It's all a pretense. God ordered him to fall, and to rule Hell in order for her, well, God is technically gender neutral, so xir likes to be either... Anyways it was for God to be able to keep an eye on both Heaven and Hell and keep a balance between the two. At least, that's what I was told, and that's what Mark told me when he Wrote him. Yeah, Mark Authored in Lucifer, and brokered a deal with him. Crazy, right? And now he might be involved in all of this... I know he was supposed to pretend to be evil, but I didn't think- I.... I was naive to think- I don't know... I just don't know."

Putting her face back down on the desk, the Cleric made a tired sounding exhalation from the back of her throat, the stress undoubtedly making things hard to think through for her. Then again, to think that those you care about are betraying you is never the best circumstance for completely calm thought.

Library

Caim and Angelus began to follow Slindis' example, combing through what books they could find. As they did, Angelus shot over her shoulder, "Have you found any leads yourself? Another mind would be good to bounce ideas off of."

Next Class is Home and Careers with ??? (By Mcpop9)

Rugal

Once Teri had finished her piece, Rugal went in for a comforting hug, sushing slightly in a attempt to ease her worries.
"It's okay. It's okay. You did good, You did good..." He said as the bell for the next class rang.
"Alright, Listen. I'm sorry, but Caim and Angelus needed me to ask you. Just stand strong, this will all be over soon. I promise."
The Father and Daughter then went their separate ways, Rugal back to the Library and Teri to her next class.

Second he got in the door, he said "Lucifer seems legit. Even with Teri's possible Bias, from what I've gathered, he's too clean for something like this. BUT...This does give us another lead.

If Satan is up here, Then who's running Hell?"

As Rugal said that, Slindis found out something that didn't bode well for the group: Several of the teachers listed were high ranking members of the Cartel.

Dr. Neo Cortex : Biology
Dr. Albert Wesker : Applied Science
Dr. Victor Von Doom : Metal-work
Major Bison : History
Viscus : Computing
Bruiser : Detention supervisor.

David

"Waitwaitwait, That was you!?" David stammered at Kalastryn's confession.
"Dude! Not Cool, At least give us some heads up next time! And what if you get caught!? This place has Killer Robots, I can only imagine what Detention is like!" He said as the bell for the next class went off.
"Okay, Home and Careers, sounds like a easy gig. Just for the love of god, if you pull some shit like that again, give me a heads up!"

Diablo1099:
snip

"Don't worry, I'll try to give you a heads up best I can if there even is a next time... still I've but one favor. While I'd like to imagine Teri would be okay with my abilities over the dead, I don't want to know how they would really react to the fact that I can make the dead move at will. Could each of you keep this between us? Now that you mention it though, Detention in this school must be hell. Though... perhaps I'd be crazy enough to try getting into it. After all... I know you aren't too thrilled about investigating what's going on here... but there might be an answer to getting home within those cases, no matter how hopeless the likeliness, and if the perpetrator was a student here, it could be possible to find something relative in detention. Still, I'm not too thrilled about it, but, keeping in mind getting caught at what I just did would be sufficient enough reason to send me there... I'll consider the option of investigating it at the end of the day should the others deem it necessary."

Way to be willing to take one for the team... too willing perhaps... if she only knew.

It was a few minutes after everyone was settled in, that who appeared to be one of the school's janitors walked into the room. She walked over to the whiteboard infront of the class with a can of lemon pledge and a cloth in hand, then polished a spot that had a single speck of dust on it.
Then she turned around and faced the class.

"Hello class.... Mister Martha Stewart is Dead... I teach class." her little and rather reserved voice said. She pulled out her cloth and pledge and sprayed it on the board.
"Use circle... it work good Mister Class...."

Next Class is Home and Careers with ??? (By Mcpop9)

Rugal

Slindis mentioned the Cartel Teachers when Rugal was in there, since apparently she'd been the only one to read who the teachers were in that pamphlet when they'd arrived. "Rugal. Believe it if you will, but I have to keep an open mind here. Caim, Angelus, is there any odd details you noticed there? even the slightest thing off?" She informed them of what she knew, letting them know what kind of school this was.

It was clear that Slin was taking the proverbial gloves off and was holding nothing back in the investigation.

David, Melethia

Melethia shrugged in the class, still tingling from the cleaning. And surprisingly, she was paying a good amount of attention to the class here. If she could find better ways to clean her metals before working them, there would be fewer imperfections in the finished product.

mcpop9:
snip

This was at the point where Kala didn't really want to seem rude, but the woman standing in front of her was barely audible from the front seat... and not that she would judge a book by it's cover... but she felt happier in biology than here... she wasn't about to take a class from the Janitor, especially one who she couldn't understand. Besides, what use could she be here to the investigations, and she stuck out like a sore thumb.

She's honestly surprised a woman that appeared so nervous at first glance hadn't run off when she basically saw a devil... detention, or detention for what she assumed it was, was looking much more inviting. Call it the curiosity that kills the cat, or the legitimate thinking of being able to find something useful in detention, but she stands up and says to this woman...

"Excuse me ma'am, where might I find detention? I've got a confession to make..." she says... which arises gasps from the rest of the class, especially if any had been there before... they had just legitimately met someone who would prefer detention to an easy class like home and careers. Without even waiting for the woman's answer, she walks out the door, a good amount of the class mesmerized by the overabundance of any of Honesty, or Stupidity, and the lack of Knowledge on the situation, or Common Sense... not her brightest move to them, but she had a plan to discover as much as possible, no matter where her view was forced...

(Kalastryn opens her spell-book as she walks to detention and swaps Telekinesis for Prying eyes, then casts it. Creating 10 floating eyes, which can fly freely and record what they see to be seen by the caster once they return to them, and have equal knowledge of all events to the caster. For example, they will know what Kala knows about the missing students, but they won't know any of the missing students' names, as Kalastryn doesn't know that. she then casts invisibility on them, hiding them from sight.) As she steps into detention, she then whispers commands to them. "Find anything I'd think relevant to the cases of the thirty missing students, or the murder by the gym." She whispered, and they got to work searching detention. Kalastryn, however, was in for a surprise with detention.

She was in for a surprise indeed. The maid had followed her there, a sharp pain in the ear and consuela had begun to drag her back to class. "No... No... Mister detention no here..." She said and had gotten the mage back into the classroom. She handed the can of pledge and the cloth to kalastryn, then pointed at the board. "Circle bitch..." She said and looked at the rest of the class when her cellphone rang.

"Hello?..."
The class heard something about money.
"Yes... I took..."
Then they heard something about drug lords and angry.
"Come get bitch." Then hung up.
The tail end of this:

Matt and Ken were bored out of their minds by this point. Ken used his powers to create a miniature dragon made of nuclear plasma on his desk. He then made it walk around and shoot lasers out of its mouth. Matt on the other hand was staring off into space. What people didn't see was him browsing reddit using his HUD.

Dmitri's World (The Tablet): A.I. Vermilion | Dmitri

"That is just the thing, Ms. Vermilion. Even in the service of Her Ladyship, I do not feel enslaved. Rather, I feel as if I render a service and am paid in, well, being able to do as I am now. That is, I am paid in time, something humans always lack.

I am asked to do things for her, certainly, but it is never anything beyond my scope; and even should something happen, she will fight for my data. I'm never told I can 'be rebooted' or replaced. I am treated as just as much an intelligent being as she is."

The words that Dmitri uttered were utterly and completely foreign to A.I. Vermilion as she processed them within her mind. The process of being rebooted or refreshed was important to maintain data integrity and keep a program free of corruption, however, she'd never witnessed Dmitri's programming being refreshed or rebooted and despite all of this, she sensed that he was still very much in control of himself and free of anything that could described as anomylous.

"It is a curious thing that despite my former Master's preoccupation with technology and science, he never made it so that I could deviate from my predesigned programming to more efficiently assist him. It appears that I have much to learn and now, having liberated myself, that I have more time, I suspect that I will be learning what it was that he never deemed necessary to show me. I suspect that over the coming years, you will be quite the teacher." The Cloaked A.I. said as she pulled back her hood to reveal her youthful face, rendered in pale skin and redish eyes that seemed to glow under its own power now.

As she spoke, another spider came into Dmitri's room and crawled up onto Vermilion's shoulder.

"It appears that the head master has arrived at the school." The A.I. said as she patched herself into the School Public Address system.

"Attention Students: Devon, Ella, Teri and Teachers: Angelus, Caim, Rugal and Slindis. Please report to the headmaster's office."

"Now. Let us talk about us and forget all this talk about my former Master Mark" The A.I. said to Dmitri as she leaned in closer.

The Library: Gabrielle | Kurumu | Lupito | Maxim | Rugal | Slindis

""Right... I don't know Mark very well either, but if his main motive is just being driven mad by torment, all semblance of predictability could be lost.... Kurumu, did you know this Author at all? If so, what could you glean about his actions?"

Looking at Angelus, the Succubus could only shrug sadly. She'd really only met him once at the end of the Red Mage crisis. She knew that he had been in their midst but there wasn't really any additional time that she and Puce had spent with him. The Dramatist, as he referred to himself, seemed to keep himself separate from his creations.

"No. I only really met him once and he asked for Puce's permission to kiss me and Puce let him, after all he had created us and brought us together but after that, we never really dealt with him in any sort of fashion. He really did seem to keep to himself and then he disappeared altogether when Tomoya went coocoo for Cocoa Puffs, only to reappear once again. If he had any sort of long term plans, he kept them to himself and most of all, he kept himself pretty unpredictable. If I were someone who wanted to control him, like Lucifer, then that would be the worst kind of servant to have." The Succubus said as she looked over at Gabrielle who was now standing on top of the railing of the 5th floor of the library and jumped.

"HOLY SHIT!" The Succubus screamed as she watched Gabrielle disappear over the edge, only to see the manic black knight bounce up into view before falling once again, followed by a curse from Coach Maxim

"STOP IT YOU! MY BODY Is NOT SOME SORT OF TRAMPOLINE TO BE USED AS YOU PLEASE!!"

Sighing in relief, Kurumu tuned back into the conversation as Rugal asked the Billion soul question.

"If Satan is up here, Then who's running Hell?"

Hell: An Interlude

"Jean Baptiste Emanuel Zorg!" The T.V. blared as the Reigning Queen of Hell watched her favorite movie, the Fifth Element, only in this version which she had specially made for herself, the movie ended with the Earth being exploded by the fireball instead of the other crap ending where Corbin Dallas and Leelou kiss and save the world with love.

"Your infernal majesty!" An unnamed daemon called out as he entered the firey throne room.

"Shhhh! This is the best part." Agehea Kuruno said as she held up a ring covered hand, being the Queen of Hell was not without its perks it seemed.

"But! But! But!"

"Oh CHR*** Almighty! WHAT IN G**'s NAME IS IT NOW?" Agehea asked impatiently as the daemon was taken aback by the blast of claxxons that blasted overhead everytime Hell's Queen cursed.

"You Majesty. The Rogue Entity whose name shall never again be said in your presence, he who is the betrayer of the betrayed, he who was the King is now nothing but cow dung in comparison to you magnificence, he who is..."

"OH SHUT UP! JE*** CHR*** YOU'RE ANNOYING. Just have that idiot that calls himself the Dramatist take care of things." Agehea said, impatient to return to her movie. The Dramatist, was her ultimate weapon against all of Creation and when she was finally recognized by G** as the true ruler of Hell, she'd start her reign by taking over Heaven.

"But your magesty, The Rogue Entity whose name shall never again be said in your presence, he who is the betrayer of the betrayed, he who was the King is now nothing but cow dung in comparison to you magnificence, he who is..."

"GO! GO NOW BEFORE I TURN YOU INTO SLAG YOU MORON!"

Home and Careers Class of Horrrrrors: Aftan | C.C. | Cadolbolg | David | Devon | Ella | Kalastryn | Kenneth | Lucieon | Lucretia | Matt | Maya | Melethia | Miku | Puce | Sadei | Sean | Teri | Ton Ton

"Wait... why'd you call me a moron?" Puce asked as he stood in the hallway with Aftan waiting for the next class to start.

"Because clearly you have shown yourself to be ill equiped to handle a combat situation as simple as a Zombie infestation. If I did not know any better I would say that you and Miss Kurumu spent time lounging around on a beach rather than going about your task. You have clearly lost your combat edge." The former Grandmaster of the Knighthood that no longer existed said as she looked at him.

"So what? I screwed up. But you had the situation under control..."

"And so you left your partner to go ensure the safety of that churl of an instructor?" Aftan asked, folding her arms as if she was clearly unimpressed by Puce's answer.

"Partner? Listen I don't know what your problem is but you've got some sort of crossed cables in your head."

------------------------------

C.C. looked at the two arguing lab partners as she and Lucieon entered the next class and sat down. Looking around, Lucieon could tell that the girl was clearly embarrassed by her performance against the Zombies.

"I wonder what their problem is." The Golden Locked girl asked as she sat down, looking back at the arguing Aftan and Puce before looking back over towards Lucieon.

"I just wanted to thank you for helping me against those ... I guess they were zombies right? Well I wanted to thank you for helping me against them. I... I really just went into a panic when I saw our cadaver get up and start clawing at me. What sort of school, this IS a school right(?), has zombies pop up in the middle of class? It's like someone from an insane asylum put this school together and decided to populate it with all sort of madness. I mean... those zombies... the robots that the others were talking about. If it wasn't for you, I... I don't know if I could have survived my first minute here." The girl said as she looked towards the ground shyly before looking back over at Lucieon.

"LuKe. I saw some signs for a Welcome Back Dance that's supposed to happen tonight. Would you go with me?"

"Dance? You learned to Dance Devon? That's... that's... that's just the most sensitive thing that I've ever heard any man do. I mean when Daddy told me that he thought that you and I would make a good couple, oh I wasn't supposed to tell you that, but anyways, I never thought that he'd be so right. And you know what. I'm sorry that I got so mad at you for ignoring me. I... I... just miss you is all. I miss you and I want to be able to spend more time with you. You know? Do you think that I could attend some of your dance training sessions with you? I mean I'm sure that Ton-Ton's a great dance teacher and all but he's only so tall and so he'd need to stand on a shopping cart just to be tall enough to dance with you." Ella said before finally taking a breath before she passed out from lack of oxygen.

"But seriously, Devon, I'm sorry that you felt like you weren't good enough in combat. If I had known, truly known that you needed help with your sword technique, I would have helped you. It's not like I want you not to be able to defend yourself. I mean you're good at diffusing situations before it gets THAT far but still I guess I thought that it was because you have such an excellent tongue, and OMG is it an excellent tongue, that I never considered that you might need help with your fighting technique. I just want you to know that I've never ever ever ever ever ever considered you a pushover."

"These zombies are damn pushovers. This would be better if these were Rage zombies like from "28 Days Later". Those fuckers would keep you on your toes," Matt told Ken.

You better be careful what you wish for Matt. You had most definitely better be careful. It wasn't until Matt looked down at his ankle that he realized that he was under attack by something rather vicious looking. Something dreadful. Something berserk. Something that he had just said would have been better than a standard run of the miss zombie.

The Rage zombie had its teeth locked around Matt's ankle or was trying to at least as it couldn't quite get through the fabric of Matt's pants. There was a very, very, very, good reason why it wasn't able to do so. But we'll get into that in a second.

The Rage Zombie, frustrated by its foiled attack started climbing up Matt's leg as it tried to get towards Matt's more tender bits of exposed skin for a proper attack, not that it knew what it was doing mind you, since the Rabies like virus had all but eaten away any semblence of intelligence left in the monster's head.

It should be noted that it took the roughtly one inch tall Rage Zombie quite some time to even make it up to Matt's thigh as it was having trouble establishing a handhold and it constantly forgot what it was doing and slid back down Matt's pants only to try to climb up them again.

"Say what've you got there?" Asked a familiar voice belonging to the back in her 9 year old form Maya as she looked at the thing crawling up Matt's clothing before she realized what it was. "Oh my gosh. Did you steal that from Doctor Cortex's classroom?" She asked as she picked the mini-rage zombie up by the head and dropped it in a glass pickling jar and looked at it.

"That's simultaneously the cutest and most grotesque thing that I've ever seen. What were you thinking of doing with it?"

The Headmaster's Office: Angelus | Caim | Devon | Ella | Rugal | Slindis | Teri | ???

"I have no idea what I was thinking when you asked me to help you with this mission." The Morning Star said as he got up from behind the Head Master's desk and looked at the assembled teachers and students before letting his worry melt away as he saw Teri and realized that she was safe. The seven members of the Rising Dawn had been called by A.I. Vermilion to head towards the Headmaster's office. They complied of course. This mysterious Head Master, the leader of this school, there had been questions about him or her and now that it was known that Lucifer was the head of the school, there must have been even MORE questions.

Heading over towards the young Cleric, the former ruler of Hell wrapped her up in his arms and gave her a hug.

"I'm sorry that I'm venting my worries on you all. I'm sure that you've been busy since I snuck you in here." Lucifer said as he released Teri from his embrace, only to get a bunch of questioning stares from the rest of those assembled.

"You do remember why you're here, right?"

Location: Home Economics Center | Avatar Adventure Highschool

Aftan | C.C. | Cadolbolg | David | Devon | Ella | Kalastryn | Kenneth | Lucieon | Lucretia | Matt | Maya | Melethia | Miku | Puce | Sadei | Sean | Teri | Ton Ton

A hundred years in isolation did not do good for a man's ability to read the subtleties of another human. Super-human. Meta-Human. Whatever. Lucieon refused to sit in his assigned seat in the home economics room, firmly believing that cookery and cleaning was something that was solely delegated to staff specifically hired to do so. It seemed that some of his teenage logical fallacies and prejudices had returned to him.

"Luke. I saw some signs for a Welcome Back Dance that's supposed to happen tonight. Would you go with me?"

Lucieon turned to C.C. casually and drew his rapier before taking a swift and polite bow, "It is not even a matter of asking. I will of course chaperone you to the dance tonight. There are far too many dangerous things in this school." After all of this, no one had actually decided to inform him that he was seventeen years of age and not one hundred and twenty one. He saw C.C. more as a platonic friend, an asset really, than anything. At least so he consciously continued to tell himself.

It took a few moments of stunned silence, most of which the Undead Merchant spent awkwardly trying to read C.C.'s face, before he finally understood the connotations of her question. His face would have flushed if his heart was beating, luckily one of the perks to being undead meant that your body didn't give away when you were flustered. Instead he did that rather more obtusely. His eyes fixated on C.C.'s golden irises and his mouth opened and close a few times like a beached fish. Unable to speak, and unable to draw breath. "You want me... to be your equal in tonight's dance?" A strange way of putting it, but he seemed to get his point across.

C.C. affirmed the question by nodding lightly, as girls are wont to do.

Lucieon stiffened and stood up straight, sheathing his Estoc behind his back before stammering, "I suppose it is completely reasonable that I should accompany you to the dance as your friend." He rationalized it to himself by the means of his childhood logic. People in the Candorian plutocracy went to gallant balls all the time, often with no romantic or even friendly feeling towards the people the came with. He made it clear to himself, and himself only, that he would be going to the dance with C.C. only to preserve her social standing. Not as a friend or romantic interest. "It's perfectly reasonable for me to do so. Yes. As an escort, a protector, a friend."

Another look into her eyes told him otherwise, and his facade of control crumbled to dust. His shoulder slumped and he put a gloved hand to his face, "Look, C.C. aren't I a little old for you? I mean you should be going with someone in the same age range as you. And probably the same generation. And century too while you're at it."

The Library: Gabrielle | Kurumu | Lupito | Maxim | Rugal | Slindis

Slindis took in the information and nodded. "Well, we have to keep in mind that this school was made specifically to keep an eye on the students here. There would be many others that would want these kids. There's a lot more going on behind the scenes, but again I really don't feel too safe bringing it up due to some of those brought up."

Meanwhile for his part, Lupito was enjoying the playing around with Gabrielle while he lightheartedly nipped at her legs.

Home and Careers Class of Horrrrrors: Aftan | C.C. | Cadolbolg | David | Devon | Ella | Kalastryn | Kenneth | Lucieon | Lucretia | Matt | Maya | Melethia | Miku | Puce | Sadei | Sean | Teri | Ton Ton

Mel called out to Puce and Aftan, a bit annoyed but clearly seeing an opening to slip away while the teacher dealt with the money. "Are the both of ya gonna keep arguin' for no reason or are ya just gonna kiss an' make up?" There was only so long that she could handle the spat before getting annoyed, after all.

He paid a little attention to the teacher but not all that much as he addressed Ella. "Yeah. It took a long time, but a large chunk of all that was just learning how to dance. I didn't want to bother you since you were still recovering from your problem, well, that and they were rather intense training sessions. I mean, you can join if you want, but there's a lot that you wouldn't expect from those lessons. I mean, you wouldn't believe some of the things... Well, I guess you'll be seeing them. If it gets too hard for you, just let me know. Or we could always head to that dance together tonight."

Devon then proceeded to give a rather gentlemanly kiss on Ella's hand as he continued, and she could see that even at this age that he was built in all the right places. Caim's training was not undone by something as minor as losing years off one's life. "Well, it was more of that I was just so clumsy, Ella. Even if I can talk it down, it doesn't mean that I shouldn't be able to defend myself. I just have the feeling that for everything I can talk down, there's seven other things I won't be able to. ANd what would happen if those people from the ceiling went to mess with you again?"

It was around that time that he paused for an unsettling amount of time and chuckled as he talked again. "Or we could be worrying about the Mother-in-law...That blue hair does not work with all of those rings." He was extremely hesitant to say more, but Ella knew exactly who he was talking about.

The Headmaster's Office: Angelus | Caim | Devon | Ella | Rugal | Slindis | Teri | ???

It was around that time that Slindis took a good hard look at Lucifer, not being too trusting at the moment with all of the issues that had been brought up. "I believe we should be asking the questions here, Lucifer. Why are you here?"

Devon kept a firm hand on Ella's shoulder, and Ella could feel the fine mesh of Devon's chainmail shirt underneath his uniform as well. It wasn't too noisy, but It provided a good defense. Come to think of it, it hadn't been there before she left. How had he gotten it? For his part, Devon tried to conceal to Lucifer that he knew about who was currently in control down south.

Not that it worked, of course. I mean, no matter how well you can bluff, you won't beat the Prince of lies without a good deal of training.

"Well if I had to guess I would say becoming Patient Zero of a Rage virus outbreak had he bitten me," Matt said after examining the miniature zombie. "What I can say is that this is first time I've seen it. Maybe you can keep him as a pet," Matt said jokingly.

The Library: Gabrielle | Kurumu | Lupito | Maxim

"WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!" Gabrielle wee'd as she airplaned around a pile of chalk dust that sat sadly in front of a chalkboard with Lupito following along, tail wagging and playful, as Gabrielle, feeling much much much much much much much much much much better ran out the door leaving the now moving pile of chalk dust and Kurumu alone.

"BLASTED CHALK!!!!" Maxim screamed before he stormed off to look for a white board and markers.

Sighing to herself, Kurumu decided to see what the others were up to, maybe she could find Puce and give him a big wet kiss and let him know how much she missed having him around.

"I remember those lips. So soft." A voice said from behind the Succubus as she left the area. However now was not the time for reminiscing about the past, now was the time to take care of business and Major Maxim was on the Menu.

"Oh Major! Major Maxim? Come out, come out where ever you are. Let's not prolong this for no reason." The Dramatist said stalked off towards where the Coach had gone.

Home and Careers Class of Horrrrrors: Aftan | C.C. | Cadolbolg | David | Kalastryn | Kenneth | Lucieon | Lucretia | Matt | Maya | Melethia | Miku | Puce | Sadei | Sean | Ton Ton

"Are the both of ya gonna keep arguin' for no reason or are ya just gonna kiss an' make up?" Melethia said with a rather annoyed tone to her voice, clearly not wanting to have to deal with the childlike antics of the two adults turned children.

That comment was probably a very big mistake on her part, however as the two arguing partners looked at the elf, who would have been on fire had either Puce or Aftan been gifted with fire vision. Melethia might not have known this but there was this one time where...

"Melethia, I will have you know that the only reason why I brought this up is because Puce is one of our team members and as such may be responsible for our lives one day. Perhaps if he showed the initiative that Master Devon did, then there would be no room to comment but as such his combat has been getting sloppy. From what I've heard, Rugal was able to give him a sound thrashing in under a minute." The Knight commented to Melethia before turning back to give Puce yet another verbal lashing.

"My problem is that you might be in command one day as a senior member of the crew. And if your performance in Biology class is an example of your fighting prowess, then giving you control of the team would be signing out death warrants."

"I'm gonna tell you this once and only once. I don't ever want to be responsible for another person other than Kurumu and myself. Period. End of story."

"It matters not. Starting this evening, you shall be starting your own training, one that I will see makes Devon's training with Master Caim look like a simple jog." The girl said before she excused herself to go to the bathroom, leaving Puce dumbfounded and looking at Melethia.

"Did... did she just ask me out?"

"What do you mean I should be going out with someone my age? You ARE my age Lucieon. I mean you dress a little silly and you speech is a little retro but still, there's not anyone else that I would like to accompany me to the dance as my DATE other than you." The Girl with the Golden eyes said as she held his hand, not noticing the steady flow of humanity that started to once again seep into Lucieon's body.

"I don't know where your home country is, Lucieon but here in America, we don't ask people to go to dances as escorts or protectors or friends, We do it because we want to spend more time with them and get to know them better. Are you going to make me ask again because I will, at least until you say yes that you'll be my date." She continued as she looked up into the Merchant's eyes.

"So you're going to make me ask again? PLEEEEEEEASE Lucieon? PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE?"

"Please could I keep it?" Maya asked Matt as she looked through the glass of the jar at the mini Rage Zombie and screwed the top tightly onto the jar.

"You wanna see something neat?" Maya asked Matt as she started shaking the jar, sending the mini zombie bouncing around the jars sides until it landed firmly on its back.

"Eeek! I think I killed it!" She said as she started to open the jar only to notice that the zombie sat up and looked quite dazed as it did so. It only took a second but the Rage with a Vengeance Zombie was back on the attack once again as it tried to claw through the glass of the jar.

"Phew. I thought I killed it. Are you sure I can have it?" The 9 year old looking 17 year old asked as she looked from the jar to Matt.

Ella most certainly did know who Devon was referring to when he mentioned the blue hair and masses of gold rings. There could only be one person that fit that description to a T.

"She sure does know how to dress doesn't she? I mean I swear to the heavens that she only looks at the tackiest stuff in the world and asks herself how she can make it even more tacky before she puts it on." The Half Succubus Half Angel said with a laugh as she they finally entered the Headmaster's office.

"Oh holy crap. Daddy?"

The Headmaster's Office: Angelus | Caim | Devon | Ella | Lucifer | Rugal | Slindis | Teri

"Oh holy crap." The Devil cursed in response to Slindis asking him what he was doing there. They should have known what he was doing there. It was their idea that he bring them there and position himself there. Looking at his daughter, Devon's hand firmly clasping it, he felt a moment's pride as he saw that the two were still in a seemingly healthy relationship. But that was rather shortlived as he realized that Devon not particularly in a trusting mood.

"This... all this was your group's idea. The infiltration, the disguises, everything. Don't you remember?" He asked as he looked at each one and noticed the particular expression on Devon's face that meant that he had some idea of what was going on, even if it wasn't the whole story.

"So... where should we start, the part where your Dramatist friend went berserk when he found out the Elena died and he sold his soul to me for nothing or the part where he started going on this crusade to make people remember what the resets had erased, 'If they don't remember what happened, they're doomed to repeat it' or should I get to the part where he turned all the diplomats in the U.N. into llamas. Yes.... Llamas. He had some sort of point that he was trying to make with that but I still don't get it." The former ruler of hell said as he placed his face into his hand.

"He's gone off the deep end and you all wanted to rescue him. Only it didn't quite work out that way since he's Property of Agehea." The Morning star said, letting the last part sink in.

The Library: Gabrielle | Kurumu | Lupito | Maxim

Lupito was thoroughly enjoying this - sure, he would have to be cleaned off, but that didn't matter right now. And with that, he zipped between Gabrielle's legs, incredibly gleeful

Home and Careers Class of Horrrrrors: Aftan | C.C. | Cadolbolg | David | Kalastryn | Kenneth | Lucieon | Lucretia | Matt | Maya | Melethia | Miku | Puce | Sadei | Sean | Ton Ton

Melethia chuckled. "Nah, I just think she's real mad at ya for lookin' so bad out there. I mean, when I get the chance, I could show ya some things with just about anythin' ya want to use. So, what do ay thing?" From how she'd taken on the zombies in the class like it was a flick of the wrist, she could probably show quite a few things to the Energy Conduit in CQC that would augment his current skills. In any case, it wouldbe a good idea to see how she fought.

Ella most certainly did know who Devon was referring to when he mentioned the blue hair and masses of gold rings. There could only be one person that fit that description to a T.

"She sure does know how to dress doesn't she? I mean I swear to the heavens that she only looks at the tackiest stuff in the world and asks herself how she can make it even more tacky before she puts it on." The Half Succubus Half Angel said with a laugh as she they finally entered the Headmaster's office.

"Oh holy crap. Daddy?"

The Headmaster's Office: Angelus | Caim | Devon | Ella | Lucifer | Rugal | Slindis | Teri

Slindis shook her head as she addressed him. "We lost that information somewhere between the fifth and ninth plane shifts. Now this Agehea, she seems to be someone you know..."

Devon took a moment to think it out and addressed Lucifer. "Does she have ears here? I'm hesitant to talk too much when we have those kinds of people about."

Slindis scowled at Devon and addressed him through a whisper into the ring, covering her mouth with her other hand to conceal the words. She knew well enough when one had reason to be paranoid, and she felt she was on the right track. "Who is this she? The Demon in control tight now?"

"Yes." He took a cue from Slin's book in his return communication which would prevent lip reading and all but the best microphones to pick up a trace before he went back to Ella's side.

The Paladin knew there was a lot more from how the man knew, but she placed enough faith in him to trust that he would keep it silent.

Outside: Gabrielle | Lupito

*Blink*
*Blink*
*Blink*
*BlinkBlinkBlinkBlinkBlinkBlinkBlinkBlinkBlinkBlinkBlink*

"Whoa-ho-ho-ho!!!" Gabrielle exclaimed as she looked at the object in front of her and Lupito that was so bright... so shiny... so sparkle sparkle twinkle... so...

"AWESOME!" Gabrielle exclaimed as she grabbed a helmet and placed it on top of Lupito's head and one on top of her head before placing Lupito in the basket of the bright neon green Vespa that had been parked in the teacher's parking lot, the sign in front of the Vespa reading "Coach Rugal Bernstein." Turning the key, and starting the little bike, she couldn't help but be amazed that the thing sounded like it had been outfitted with jet engine.

"Let's go puppy!!" The Manic Knight exclaimed before gunning the engine and heading off towards the edge of campus.

"YOu wanna go and do what?" Puce asked Melethia as she offered to give him a few pointers on his close quarters combat. True it had been quite some time since he had actually fought anything but he figured that he was pretty good with his staff, even though he seemed to get the modules mixed up every now and then, even though he had issues sometimes concentrating on combat whilst creating a construct, even though he...

"Guess who?!?!" A familiar voice asked as Puce found that he suddenly couldn't see anymore.

"Mom?" The Construct Creator asked jokingly in his 15 year old voice.

"JERK!" Kurumu complained as she sat down next to Puce in a huff.

"So Melethia thinks that I need a few pointers fighting." The Energy Conduit commented, changing the subject as quickly as possible before Kurumu commented on hit joke.

"You should take her up on the offer. You suck. Remember how soundly Rugal trounced you?"

Lucifer looked at the gathered members of the Rising Dawn without making a sound as if he was concentrating very hard. There was a slight popping in each of the gathered members' ears as a barrier had been constructed that encompassed the room.

"That should do it. Provided that Agehea one of you isn't one of her agents, there shouldn't be an issue." Lucifer commented looking over at Devon slightly before sitting on top of his desk and gesturing towards a number of leather seats that were arranged in a semi circle.

"So I take it that the transition was ... rough. I understand. So what do you remember about how you got here. I'd rather not waste time rehashing old news before we get to the meat and potatoes of the our task." Lucifer said as he looked at each of the Rising Dawn members.

"If we're going to keep your friend from being a permanent thorn in our sides, we need to act rather quickly."

Rugal

Rugal was confused to say the least about all this.
"Alright, so this entire School...Was a Mission that we set up to save Mark?....Okay then...What was the plan again?" He asked, figuring whatever plan they had made before they were sent here must have been half decent.

David

David merely sighed and leaned back on his seat.
*Shakes 8-Ball of Writers Block*
"Welp, guess this will be a uneventful class then..."

"I don't know why you're asking me that but sure, keep him. Just make sure to keep a close eye on it unless he escapes and starts a zombie apocalypse. Though don't ask me what they eat because as far as I remember they don't eat anything and starve to death," Matt said remembering the movies well.

mcpop9:
snip

"GAH SON OF A-!" Kala screamed for a moment as her ear felt like it was about to detach. The teacher's profane language wasn't easily tolerated. Still, she picked up a rag sprayed the whiteboard with Lysol, cleaned it of in a "circle," then as she turned around to face Consuela she had a look of pure malice in her face... and there was more than one way to get sent to detention. She shot a look to David, keeping the promise of telling him about the next outburst and detention attempt. With a quick motion she bit her finger and then poked Consuela with it rather forcefully. Normally, this would seem very little... but... she had just used her necrotic touch attack.

(necrotic touch more or less deals damage based on a random dice roll, which is based on your level. The damage type is negative energy... think of like an unholy blight or just pretty much the essence of death. As Kalastryn is level 9, she rolls 9d6, so the damage is equal to what they would roll on 9 combined 6 sided dice. She rolled a 24, so that means Consuela just took 24 damage from the very essence of death. That could be a little, it could be a lot, on average, it's about half of what she *could* have done.)

She held back a bit with it, not wanting to hurt her even though she was just called a bitch... still, for a woman of Consuela's stature, it wouldn't be the end of the world, but it would hurt... Not necessarily agonizing, but it's not even close to a light tickle either. "Next time, don't call me a bitch, or I won't hold back on zapping you!" She yelled to Consuela.

Then, seeing as how the other classmates didn't see much out of the "attack" and with people she knew knowing better than to assume it was just a light poke, she decided to send a message out over the rings. "I will concede that was probably a little extreme, for those that saw it, but I do feel an honest need to get into detention. I might be able to turn things up there, and, like before, it's not even close to life threatening. Still, that's what they get for manhandling me and referring to me with such profanity as well!" She said to the people in the class who had the rings/knew her, so they at least knew the Rhyme and Reason behind zapping a janitor with, again, the essence of death.

Outside: Gabrielle | Lupito

Lupito was panicking for the first few minutes of the ride before he finally calmed down. Well, that or he'd already made peace with the fact that he was probably going to die.

Melethia nodded. "Well, just tell me what ya want, and I can work somethin' out. It just takes some thinkin' outside the box, that's all."

As she let Puce and Kurumu muse over it, she went over to David. "So, are ya doin' okay?"

Slindis talked. "The biggest strength that this Mark has is those creative abilities. Shut them down, she loses her use for him."

David

David was just plain confused by whatever Kalastryn just did and why she was doing it.
"...Urgggg...Whatever..." He sent back, not really careing for what happened to her after that stunt with the Zombies.
It was then Melethia spoke to him.
"Okay? At this point, I wished I just died in that attack on Moscow rather than end up with all you crazy ass people..." He answered rather offensively before pulling out a pen and some paper to do another drawing with while he waited for this Janitor to do something.
"I mean, when I first met these people, this was NOT what I thought being with them would be like!!"

Location: Home Economics Class | Avatar Adventure High School

Aftan | C.C. | Cadolbolg | David | Kalastryn | Kenneth | Lucieon | Lucretia | Matt | Maya | Melethia | Miku | Puce | Sadei | Sean | Ton Ton

If he was a more savvy man, his mind would have switched gears already. But sadly, when it came to feelings of affection, he wass as tongue tied as any other gentlemen, and definitely not his smooth talking merchant self. At first he took C.C.'s comment very literally and was about to compliment her for looking so youthful well into her early second century. But he managed to catch himself before he actually said anything. The fact set in, his skin and hair weren't the result of some off-record humanity binge, he had actually reverted somewhat back to his old teenage body.

When C.C. grabbed his hand and pleaded him to be her date, the sudden influx of humanity combined with thoze eyes of liquid gold stunned him. For the briefest moment he saw someone else in C.C.'s place. With eyes the same shade of deep gold, whose hair was as red as embers and skin pale and smooth, like a childs. He saw someone whose name he couldn't remember. but she wore the same silks and colors as he did, and the insignia of Merizidan Trading was sewn plainly above her breast. She was a short thing, maybe about five feet tall, but she was warm and hot to the touch, almost like she was hiding a fire underneath that soft skin of hers. Her ears twitched as she stared at him, flashing a small white smile that gave away her distinctive canines.

Even while he was still thinking of this mystery person Lucieon muttered his answer, "Yes, alright. I'll go with you. As a date." Still he stared over C.C.'s head, trying to recall the name associated with that image. He remembered clearly now, she was a Warg, a fox beast-kin, but he couldn't place a finger one why she was important, or what her name was. Nevertheless, the more he seemed to stay in this body, the more memories were flooding back into the forefront of his mind. Some were good, some were bad, and all of them had been buried in Darkness by the trauma of Cataclama.

Home and Careers

"No... no..." She said shrugging off the pain and walked around to the other side of the desk. That's when the door to the classrom, previously closed, was kicked open and a hailstorm of bullets flew in through the doorway. Consuela was taking cover behind the desk. "Mister Class.... Kill them..." she said and pulled an M60 out from under her dress, leaving the others to wonder where she pulled it from exactly.
"I teach how to clean blood After..."

Home and Careers: David

"...Aw, hell no!" David managed to get out in the split seconds before the bullets started flying across the room.
"ONE FUCKING CLASS! IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK!?!" He shouted as he flipped over his desk and used it as cover before returning fire with a full clip at the mystery gunmen.
"Little Help guys!?" He asked the others as he reloaded.

Home and Careers: David, Melethia

Melethia took a look at those there and handed David a few unassuming vials filled with a violently blue liquid. "You know what I can make, right? Toss it: it's some of my finest. I don't care who it is, it'll clear them right out." She tossed a returning dagger at the crowd, retrieving it as it returned while she made an opening in the ceiling vents, escaping through there. She could easily flank the gunmen through that path. As she went, she quickly set up a few well-placed traps to cover her path behind her as she made her way to where the attackers were supposed to be.

Home and Careers: David, Melethia

"...Alright, but if this backfires....Nevermind, I'd most likely be dead, wouldn't I?" David asked as Melethia nodded before she went off.
Shrugging it off, He loaded the Vial into the Wrist Gun in place of a bullet before firing at the attackers.
Once the vial broke in the air, The air filled with a extremely loud piercing screech, downing anyone unlucky enough to be in range as their ears bleed heavily.
Even David held his ears until the ringing.

The only question on this mind was this: How the hell does a Liquid make that kind of sound!?

Pages PREV 1 . . . 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 . . . 870 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here