The Escapist Avatar Adventure: An Open RP (Now Re-Opened!)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 . . . 830 NEXT

Training Room Slindis, Angelus

Knowing that her words STILL weren't getting through to her, she began almost pleading with the thickheaded student."The big flaw in your argument is that you aren't in dragon form right now, and you won't be in dragon form as long as you're here. You're like a human sorceror with your capabilities. Although the two are close, they're far from the same, and I'm not going to have you get killed because of your arrogance! Or have you forgotten that you won't be the only person killed if you die?" At this point, though, Slindis was seeing that Angelus was just like one of her hotshot students that thought they knew everything about combat. And she knew exactly how to fix that little problem; she'd have to let Angelus experience someone actively attacking her.

"Now then, one of us needs to start taking this seriously. If you won't, I will." It was a subtle shift in how she fought, but seeing Angelus fighting gave her a very good idea of how to fight back. If she had to beat some humility into the Dragoness blow by blow? She'd rather have a wounded pride than having Angelus and Caim die, since she knew how Teri, Devon, Cadolbolg, and Ton-Ton would be utterly devastated.

The Airship Named Rising Dawn: Sadei and Teri

"It doesn't mean we can't try. Don't forget, we can force him into a Shadow Zone and cast Hold Person on him to make him listen!"

David's room: David, Mel

"They were into a lot of combat stuff. You know, sneak attacks, arcane spells, necromancy... nothing too bad if you knew how to handle it. After all, the undead were how we trained in combat, and they weren't really all that hard to fight after you learned how to hit them." Her family must have been filled with psychopaths if they all trained against undead...

Newly Made Shadow Zone Devon, Garm, Ella, Cadolbolg
In the zone? Get the music.

"I'm sorry, Ella, but I don't want to leave this up to chance. If we can't find them after a bit I'll be glad to leave, but I still don't want them to have to go through that." After turning to the others there, she put on her most determined face to strike out to find Annie and the others. After all, Annie was one of the few people on the ship that had treated Devon as a regular person after what had happened. Jenny had certainly tried, but she'd been almost too sensitive with that.

Of course, Ella made her opinion of her rather stubborn companion's choice clear. "The second you look like you're about to fall down, I'm dragging you out of here myself. Heck, Cadol, your persona could help get her out!" It didn't matter what her companion wanted; she wasn't going to have her die. Not after what had happened, because Ella had a strong feeling her mom would try some shady stuff to grab Devon then.

Devon went and turned back to the others with her as she made her way to the stairs, short sword at the ready.. "Fine, fine... Still, let's get going." If Devon wasn't focusing so much on getting Annie out of there, she would have been a bit deflated at the pronoun that she was being referred to now.

Rising Dawn: David's room: David, Mel

"Ahhh...I gotcha....So who were they? Surely they had a name, Details Mel!" David asked, tapping on the Elfs head as she seemed to avoid the question.
"Go on. What were they? Royals? Knights...Raiders?..." he then asked, focusing as much as he could on this topic to get his mind off the countless other issues he was having.
Odds were, the second she left, he'd nearly instantly relapse into his depressed state, but for now, he didn't worry about that.

Location - Shadow Realm (Darn you Yu-Gi-Oh for ruining the cool name): Wanderer, Deadshot, Annie

The situation was sour on Annie's part. Going insane while people she deemed 'worth caring for' were fighting. She didn't honestly like having to be protected, even if the two were only defending themselves since the android was a threat to everyone.
"..." She remained silent, trying to take slow breaths as the Doctor solely took charge by throwing grenades near the android and tried doing a dive like a soccer player while Deadshot took cover, firing as many rounds as he could towards the enemy.

We've been stripped of our powers .. I remember that Fuuka mentioned they've been passed down onto our Personas.
So if that's the case... that means everything Deadshot and the Doctor are doing might be all for nothing against her.

Gazing down at her Evoker, she felt ashamed overall... because Annie isn't the type to stand back and allow others to do her battles.
Gaea, I need you right now. I'm prideful, I know... but, I will rely on you if it means increasing our chances of survival.

So you're embarrassed that Deadshot and the Doctor are fighting for you, but you're going to summon 'Gaea' to fight... for you as well? Pretty hypocritical Annie.

"What do you want from me..?" Annie spoke to herself, eyes half way closed and feeling drained. Why was she even having to fight with herself instead of just taking action. Or a better question would be... why was this voice putting her down so much since it's her own thoughts after all? I want the same thing you do... to steal back the Holy Nail Artifact and do away with the Rising Dawn. I want Rugal to be twisted like a wet towel and everyone to follow soon after. You can start off with Devon by breaking her neck-

No. No I will not do that to Devon. I may not be close to the Rising Dawn's crew in general, but Devon, he has treated me well. Unlike the others, Devon did everything out of the norm. to ensure I was fed, given care to, and even remained safe. Devon took me to the canteen and we... Annie remembered it so well, how they took that picture together. It was a pleasant moment out of those dreadful days in the brig, having to wait for whatever was to come and still haunted by the waterboarding, or the tortures to come from Rugal.

Let me ask you... whoever you are. Why are you doing this? Why are you assaulting me?

You suppress me Annie, always trying to avoid speaking your mind on what you really think. I've been with you the very day you were brought into the world. I've remained with you, watching as you lived in the village and onward to the academy. I've been aware of your personal thoughts, your plans, your feelings... I know you Annie. I don't think you qualify to live though. I want out, and to do what you cannot do yourself. I want freedom.

It was unclear how Annie could respond. Was this voice, telling her the truth? After all, it was in her own voice that spoke like this and seemed to know exactly her history if not emotions that no one else could sum up from Annie.
However, what she did know... was that this wasn't someone she wanted to give into. Annie was strong willed, and this voice surely won't break her mold. With that said, Annie beared her teeth as she placed the gun into her head.

"Tch!"

Pulling the trigger, she had a sudden rush of fear only for a Persona of 25 feet tall to be standing before her. It was Gaea, whom started sprinting towards the android with the will to smack down the woman with both hands raised in the air, both fists pressing towards each other so the damage could be critical.

Location - Shadow Realm (What was wrong with how Yu-Gi-Oh did it?): Wanderer, Deadshot, Annie

"Yeah, come on you son of a-...huh?!" Deadshot shouted as Gaea was summoned right behind him.
"WHOA HOLY SHIT!" He cried as he got out of the giantess's way (Though he couldn't help but look up as it sprinted overhead.)
"...Fuck, I forgot about those crazy things!" he admitted, instantly patting himself down for his own Evoker, finding nothing but lots and lots of company pens.
"Damn it, did I leave it?!" He shouted, thinking that he would do will to call in [Null] for this.
Making his way over to Annie as her Persona got to work on the enemy robot.
"Right, how long can you control that thing? She might be able to give us a hand getting out of here." He asked as he reloaded in cover, thinking of the dozens of practical applications having a 25 foot giant on demand.

"Well, they were called House Vol... I don't really remember much more, but they were being chased by dragons and kinslayers from ever since I could remember... Food was never really that much of an issue, though. THe younger members aided in hunting animals where we could, and after that came the training in fighting with and against the undead. Sure, it was a bit hard, but nothing unusual..." It wasn't unusual in her eyes, but living like a bunch of murderhobos was far from any kind of norm. And what kind of parents trainers drill sergeants bastards would train anyone to fight alongside undead, much less young children! The fact that they had armies of Angeluses trying to kill them meant that this House Vol had to be strong to piss them off to that extent, too.

"Whoawhoawhoa, backpedal a little. Dragons? Kinslayers? Undead? Christ, that sounds almost as bad as here!" David said with disbelief, starting to understand why he always felt like he didn't measure up to her.
"...But..."With" Undead? Mind going into detail there? Just...Usually armies of the undead sound like something a total asshole would use...Um, No offense." He asked, hoping that he wasn't insulting her real dad, though from what he was hearing, he most likely was a total asshole.

Shadow Realm:
Deadshot, Annie, Wanderer, Robot(?)

It's whoopass time!

The robot shuddered when she was hit by the electric energy, allowing the Wanderer to get a swipe with his blade. Interestingly enough, the heat didn't seem to do nearly as much damage as the electric energy. Was there a connection there? After taking both blows, the robot moved back with a shaky step, calling out,

"I-initiaing summoning procedure, Bellona! Casting: Maragi!" and a blue smoke filled the air as a masked woman (bad shop incoming~!) bearing a pole ax appeared. Gaea's blow was brought down, but it landed on the Persona rather than the wielder. Either way, the robot gasped in pain before the Persona twirled the weapon, and a column of flame rose from the ground beneath each assailant. After the Personas disappeared, the robot re-set it's stance,

"Enemy threat level: High. Proceeding with caution. Assessing weakest target...."

Seeing as Deadshot was still rummaging around like a sitting duck as compared to his comrades, the girl with the spear charged again, and tried to bring the spear down like a glaive on Deadshot's head.

Devon, Garm, Ella, Cadolbolg
Keep that music running!

As the group began wandering in, Mitsuru's voice entered the party's minds again, "Hold on... I'm getting something. Something's happening on the floor above you. It could very easily be your friends, but my vision is solely focused on your group. Make your way up there ASAP. I'll be here if you need me."

At the sound of that, Garm gestured towards his back, "Get on, I can carry the both of you, and Cadolbolg can fly. If we need to make haste, I suggest yooou dooo so!"

With hearing Garm's plea, Cadolbolg took to the air as well, "I'll get any shadows with my Persona if things get rough. You can count on me!"

Rising Dawn: Med Bay Rugal, Teri, Sadei

After Rugal relaxed from the painkillers, Teri settled in a chair, and kept probing the question Rugal refused to answer, "You still haven't answered my question. What was that about a voice? Really, you need to tell me everything. A self diagnosis can be flawed by bias, after all, and those pills are just a quick fix. Eventually, you're gonna get used to them, and not to mention that dosage you took wasn't healthy either... Please, just let me help you. Is that too much to ask?"

As the Cleric tried to break through to the equally stubborn mule that was her adoptive father, Toyotama spoke again (so much for staying quiet), "Munchkin, I appreciate the effort, I really do, but there's one tiny problem with that plan. How are we gonna get him in the Shadow rooms to begin with? You saw what happened when we tried to heal. Our magic ist alles weg. All gone, save for when I'm out. We need more to the plan... But what?"

"What is her angle? Jeez, can't she make up her mind?!"

Angelus growled again, irritated by the mixed messages she perceived she was getting from Slindis. One moment she was being taunted about needing Caim to aid her, and the next, was being reminded of the consequences of her demise, "I AM taking this seriously, why else do you think I'm trying to learn at all?! And do you think you could make up your mind about how you're going to go about this?! One moment you're telling I need Caim, and then next you remind me of a fact I've known for quite some time! Either cut out the taunts, or take my learning seriously!"

The dragon lowered her dagger, and simply stood still before Slindis struck, "Do you not think I loathe being in this position, Slindis? To be reduced to this caricature of what I am?! My fire is what I am. To be without it, I-

Angelus paused as she heard the words in her mind, "A mockery. A fake. False. A convert to a lesser form", and shook them off, trying to make herself clear,

"I feel... Empty. And, I would appreciate it if I wasn't being mocked while I'm trying to learn your ways!"

She spat that last bit out with an extra hint of venom, almost as if she felt afronted to having to learn a mortal's way of fighting. But, that last sentence did bring up some questions. Did the dragon really feel so wounded in her pride when Slindis was simply stating fact? Perhaps that could account for some of the thickheaded attributions Slindis originally gave the dragon. Then again, it said a lot in the negative direction when the dragon mistook such justification as personal attack.

Reposting this shit to be all in one place.
Also, I forgot to make Teri's new Spell list after the level up. Whoops!

Shadow Realm:
Deadshot, Annie, Wanderer, Robot(?)

"OH YEAH! SUCK NAKED FIST YOU ROBOTIC BIT-...?!!?" Deadshot shouted as Gaea seemingly smashed the Robot into pieces while the ground under him started to heat up and glow.
Without thinking, he leaped out of the way as a large pillar of flame shot up from where he used to be standing, gently scoring his jumpsuit in the process.
"JESUS CHRIST!" He shouted, doing a quick roll on the ground after his jump in order to help shake off any embers on his suit.
Then he saw a similar glow under Annie's feet...

The next thing Annie knew, she was shoved off her feet as he sprinted over and pushed her right before the spell had gone off.
He wasn't so lucky as the force of the fire pillar shot him upwards less then a second later, as if he had stepped on a landmine full of napalm.
"FUUUUUUUUUUCK-OOF!" He screamed as he landed harshly a few feet away before rolling on the ground in a bid to put himself out.
At the same time, The robot was charging at him, keen to finish him off as he tried to stand.
"OH COME ON!" He groaned as he kept firing from his prone state, his suit still burning onto his skin as he did.

"So keep lying?"
"Teri dear, It's fine. It's happened before. Standing too close to a test fire or just a large Sonic Boom. Always leaves a nasty ring in my head." Rugal somewhat absently answered, clearly relaxing from the large dose as his mind wandered a little.
"Keeeeeeeeeeeep lying..."
"Heh, there was even this one time when it sounded like a vuvuzela. Oh those damn crazy African warlords..." He chuckled slightly as part of his ruse to try and divert the topic.
"You know, she could help you, you know? Unless you really want her to see who you really are inside..."
"...Still, I'm fine, just Shell Shock and prolonged flight in an airship can be a nasty combination." He lied some more, wondering how else he was going to get rid of that voice.

"Whoawhoawhoa, backpedal a little. Dragons? Kinslayers? Undead? Christ, that sounds almost as bad as here!" David said with disbelief, starting to understand why he always felt like he didn't measure up to her.
"...But..."With" Undead? Mind going into detail there? Just...Usually armies of the undead sound like something a total asshole would use...Um, No offense." He asked, hoping that he wasn't insulting her real dad, though from what he was hearing, he most likely was a total asshole.[/quote]

She didn't seem too offended by the whole statement. "Yes, we fought with them as well. After all, our numbers were dwindling, and the attacks were getting fiercer. We were trained to take them out should any clerics rebuke them, but the magic users of our family were usually sufficient to keep them targetted towards the kinslayer armies. Besides, those that couldn't keep up were dead weight, or sometimes undead weight. We really did all that we had to to keep alive, after all."

The last mystery that was involved was who these Kinslayers were, although there was a thought that crossed through David's head: Melethia was usually fond of nicknames. Maybe this term was some way to dehumanize some of her enemies? That was usually when said enemy looked alike, though, so perhaps it was other elves outside her family?

Shadow Realm:
Devon, Garm, Ella, Cadolbolg
Keep that music running!

Mitsuru got a quick response from Devon, "Got it, Mitsuru. We'll do what we can to get there, although I'd be surprised if we didn't encounter any Shadows on the way."

After that bit, Devon went over to Garm and patted him on the head while somewhat apologizing to him. "I appreciate it, but I'd rather be able to fight without risking hitting you, okay? Caim's told me enough about how using blades was completely different when not on foot."

Ella was having none of that as she pulled Devon by the hair over to Garm. "I'll get any shadows with my Persona if things get rough. You can count on me! We will, Cadol, and Devon's getting on Garm. After all, we need to get out of here as fast as we can!"

"Gah, fine! Garm, let's get going!" She summoned Mengde and instructed him to keep tossing blasts of air at their back to keep them covered while they ran.

Slindis opted not to strike and insteas spoke in a rather frank tone. "I have been taking this seriously the whole time, and I was using the best way I know to get a rapid response in the short time I have. Part of that is making you want it as much as a starving man wanting food. For this, it involves making you want to shut me up. But if you think my ways are below you, then clearly you've still failed to learn a single thing.

If you want to take this seriously and mean it, you know where to find me."

With that, she turned to the door and got ready to leave, leaving Angelus to her own issues.

"...I...See..." David said, growing more and more uneasy as he learned more and more.
"Right and just who where the "Kinslayers"? You talking about those angels we fought a while back? I remember you throwing the term around then." He asked, masking his real question as he began to realize that Melethia might have been working for the bad guys in this situation.

She didn't really seem to notice the unease as she answered his final question. "I consider those angels Kinslayers, but they weren't the first that got that name. No, the first to get that name were the backstabbing elves that were trying to eradicate us. They even went and teamed with the dragons after fighting so long against them, and I don't know how I even managed to live after the last encounter... I thought those attacks would have killed me..."

With that in mind, it was easy to see how Slindis had struggled to keep Melethia in check. After all, it was hard to keep any kid Melethia's age from getting in trouble. Not to mention that the elves her family was fighting were even stronger than her.

"If I were to see one more of those Kinslayers, I'd do to them what they did to my family and then some."

Come to think of it, perhaps the Rising Dawn wasn't the best place to keep kids... Then again, where else would be good for someone like her?

Location - Shadow Realm (I don't like Yu-Gi-Oh as much anymore lol): Deadshot, Wanderer, Annie, Android

"Right, how long can you control that thing? She might be able to give us a hand getting out of here." He asked as he reloaded in cover, thinking of the dozens of practical applications having a 25 foot giant on demand.

"I'm not entirely sure, but as long as I have the Evoker, I can keep summoning Gaea." Annie called out, clearly staying focused since this android was fully surprises. However, to her surprise- the android has it's own Persona which took the hit instead. With that, Gaea slowly vanished leaving them open for what the next thing was to come...

Flames rose from the floor, which caught Annie off guard. She couldn't react in time, since she was looking at the android with no idea of knowing that the android posed such abilities. However, Deadshot knocked her aside and took the hit. When Annie got her balance in check, she was speechless as how the man took the hit for her instead. Why did Deadshot take the blow for me? ... He shouldn't have for the kind of person I am.. He has nothing to lose if something happens to me so.. why?

"Enemy threat level: High. Proceeding with caution. Assessing weakest target...."

Deadshot stood where he got hit by the android's fire, shooting rounds at it's direction. However, it still charged at such a speed that it wasn't even slowed down from such shots from the mercenary. The spear she possessed was coming critically closer to Deadshot where Annie's expression was becoming alarming with disbelief.

This was one of those moments where you just can't think straight. By the time Annie would pull the trigger to summon Gaea and have her knock the android back... Deadshot would be pierced with a spear that would probably tear through the body like paper.
Instead of using the Evoker, Annie sprung in front of Deadshot... just in the nick of time to be stabbed through the side of her rib cage. Placing both hands on the android's shoulders, she forcefully stopped the attack from reaching it's target. Deadshot stood there, crouched down with the spear's tip an inch away from his head. He then noticed a drop of blood dripped into his forehead. Annie was holding onto the android, with blood spilling out the wound the spear has opened, while going through it even still.

Shaking, with blood leaking from the mouth and the pain immense... Annie beared her teeth with such determination to push the android back. Then again, Annie shouldn't of been able to stop the android dead in it's tracks but that's probably because her adrenaline kicked in giving her some extra strength and unnatural reflexes.

"Tch... you're ..not going any farther..." Annie groaned, the fact such a huge object went through her was the most unpleasant if not cringe worthy experience possible. She didn't even know if she'd survive this because most of her special abilities went into the Persona. Regardless, she took the hit because... she couldn't bear the thought of Deadshot dying as she stood back any longer.

Even the back of her jacket was starting to fill up a maroon color, the blood being soaked into the clothing and Annie's skin slightly getting paler. .. I'm a warrior .. and I am willing to die as one if it means through redemption.

"....Right...Okay then, maybe we should stop..." David awkwardly said as he let what Melethia said sink in.
"Still, Um, Great work on the gun. Just...take a break and we'll reconvene later. It's getting late anyway." He added, realizing that it was nighttime outside.
"And uh....Thanks for...Picking the lock to my door...Just...what happened to me really made me put my life into perspective..." He added, bringing that ugly fact back tot he forefront.

Location - Shadow Realm (Me neither, but I still think that the Shadow Realm idea wasn't that bad.): Deadshot, Wanderer, Annie, Android

"...ANNIE!" Deadshot shouted as he watched her get impaled right in front of him.
Despite the fact that his back in was massive pain from the whole getting lit on fire thing, he began to force himself back up, seeing how both of them would die he if didn't do something.
"WANDERER!!....LITTLE HELP?!" He shouted as he took Annie's arm across his shoulder and began to limp the two of them out of the open before they were cut down.
"Gonna...have to borrow this." He said as he took her other hand, the one holding the evoker and pressed it against his skull before pulling the trigger.
"WHAT?! THIS IS REALLY FUCKING IMPORTANT YOU PRI-" The assassin raged before gunfire filled the air as [Null] stepped out of the shadows behind the robot, dual wielding a set of Platinum handguns and firing at the attack's back.
"YEAH! SUCK IT! WANDERER! STIMS! NOW!" Deadshot then cried for joy before laying Annie down against one of the walls in the hallway they were in.
"Just...stay with me. I'm not killing us twice in one day." He urged as he awaited on the mad doctor to get over here while [Null] kept the robot busy.

Location - Shadow Realm (You're right, I just wanted it to be darker XD): Deadshot, Wanderer, Annie, Android

"...ANNIE!" Is what Deadshot cried out before standing up, even though he had quite an injury. Annie was able to be freed by the android's spear when Deadshot fired some rounds, cauing the android to escape the bullets and have the spear pulled out of Annie.

Blood still spilled out, gushing even while Deadshot had Annie's arm over him and had the titan shifter lean against a wall as Deadshot managed to summon the Persona [Null] and distract her.
"Just...stay with me. I'm not killing us twice in one day." He urged as he awaited on the mad doctor to get over here while [Null] kept the robot busy. Annie felt limp, her body's pain slowly becoming null as the eyes fought to stay open. She placed one hand over the large wound while the other laid weakly to her side.

"..." She honestly didn't know if she was going to live. Normally, a wound like this would still be vital but would close up within minutes especially if she just transformed into the Female Titan. But because of losing her unique abilities, the wound was healing at a much slower pace and you can't really live if all your blood is drained out.

Her hand had streaks of Annie's own blood alongside it, the wound pouring even when she tried her best to put pressure on it with one hand. She also didn't look to good, with an expression so dreadfully hollow and eyes half way closed, with blood dripping from her mouth.
".. Thank you." The way Annie said it, sounded like it was painful to even talk. Yet she kept talking anyways.

"I'm not someone who's open about her feelings, but... ughm...." She swallowed some of the blood built up in her throat, trying to not worry so much about her condition despite it didn't look good whatsoever.
"Deadshot, the reason I allowed myself... to remain a prisoner of the Rising Dawn instead of escaping the first moment I had.. was because I owed you. I... owed you for stopping Rugal from continuing his methods of torture. Who knew, what'd happen if you weren't there.... and then, you hugged my body trying to calm me down...."

Annie had a soft, forced little smirk. "You're someone.. who I can't understand. You claim to be a selfish, low life who'd do anything for easy access to wealth but.. you, stood by me and helped me fend off security back at the nightclub, and you took upon yourself the fire in my place... I don't think that qualifies for... "

Annie said, a peaceful expression on her face now. "Someone being a 'bad' person..." She slowly closed her eyes, drifting into a sleep that would be hard to wake from. Of course, she's not like normal people. Annie's mind jumped the shark by bringing forth memories back at the academy, causing her to suddenly wake up the moment after resting a brief moment.

"Doing this is pointless."
"Point is, I can't even pretend to be stupid enough to play soldier in this insane world."

"..." Annie quietly kept these thoughts to herself, eyes more sincere with realization then before. She stated how being a soldier and practiced fighting was a waste of time but yet she took a major hit for Deadshot who even felt like he wasn't anyone worth getting good recommendation for his personality. Annie clenched her other hand that was on her side of the hip and looked up to Deadshot.
"The Rising Dawn is something else... getting me to talk like that. Jeez... Devon and Teri, with you and the Doctor making me go soft."

"Tch.."

Location - Shadow Realm (Getting your soul taken is still dark): Deadshot, Wanderer, Annie, Android

Deadshot looked extremely uncomfortable when Annie began to speak to him, pouring her heart and soul out, Usually people only do that when they are about to kick the bucket.
"...Look, just...Shut up for a moment. WANDERER! HOW FUCKING LONG DOES IT TAKE TO GET OVER HERE?!" He shouted as he tried to prop himself up on the wall, wincing as his burnt flesh rubbed off the wall.

""Deadshot, the reason I allowed myself... to remain a prisoner of the Rising Dawn instead of escaping the first moment I had.. was because I owed you. I... owed you for stopping Rugal from continuing his methods of torture. Who knew, what'd happen if you weren't there.... and then, you hugged my body trying to calm me down....You're someone.. who I can't understand. You claim to be a selfish, low life who'd do anything for easy access to wealth but.. you, stood by me and helped me fend off security back at the nightclub, and you took upon yourself the fire in my place... I don't think that qualifies for... Someone being a 'bad' person..."

"Yeah well...If you showed up in San Andreas a few days earlier, you wouldn't be saying that. WANDERER!" He kept shouting as he fiddled with his gun: Out of ammo.
"....Yep...This is Hell alright..." He sighed, still thinking that this realm was the afterlife.
It was then that Annie seemed to start passing out.
"Oh come on! Where is that awesome healing factor?! Shit!...I JUST WANTED A NIGHT ON THE PISS! WAS THAT SO MUCH TO ASK!? Come on, you lived though worse I bet!" The assassin cried as he began shaking her awake.
"The Rising Dawn is something else... getting me to talk like that. Jeez... Devon and Teri, with you and the Doctor making me go soft.... Tch..."
"Oh get out of it, anyone will say anything when they are dying. But it's a good think you aren't dying...Right?..." He half threatened, attempting to discourage her from dying.
"AND WHERE ARE THOSE FUCKING STIMPAKS!?"

The evil within.
The Lone Wanderer, Annie and Deadshot.

After the Wanderer struck the Android with his weapons, he was at the other end of the hallway now, he had swooped behind the robot due to him still in a diving tackle motion. Getting up he began to dust himself off, yet when he looked up he could only see darkness, he told himself that it was an illusion but it was all too late. The evil within the Lone Wanderer began to play it's game, the environment suddenly transformed into the cave where the door to Vault 101 lays half opened.

Thinking that this is not good he looked down, his eyes did not meet his Pip-Boy but the Wanderer was dressed in a Vault 101 uniform and it feels like he was a young teen again. Becoming worried, he looked to the door, dead bodies looked like chunky tomato soup as the liquid dripped onto the metal framing of the door. Yet suddenly loud thumping came behind the came and then ... a giant hand pulled the door away, revealing a head that was bloody with guts and flesh of the humans inside the Vault.

Yet the actual surprise was that the mouth was open, his Dad was in-between teeth. "I am disappointed son." Was all he could say before being swallowed by the creature. It was the biggest yet horrifying creature the Wanderer has seen. Meanwhile in the actual Shadow zone, Deadshot just called for a Stimpak (How he knew what it was called I don't know) but the Wanderer was trembling. The world began to twist as suddenly the shrieking horror of a giant's roar almost burst the Wanderer's ear drums.

Taking even more steps back, the Wanderer did the only thing he could do in such a situation.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!"

His own scream tried to rival that of the monster's but in the Wanderer's world it was unfazed.
Simply he did the thing he needed to do ... survive.
Making a immediate turn, he began to run.
The only thing Annie and Deadshot could hear was the loud pitter-patter of his shoes run off into the distance.

"I'll see you around, then. If that gun has any problems in use, let me know so I can fix them." She waved before leaving the room, leaving David to his demons.

Location - Shadow Realm (Me neither, but I still think that the Shadow Realm idea wasn't that bad.): Deadshot, Wanderer, Annie, Android

THe group was met with the Wanderer fleeing in fear, leaving Devon to mutter to him(or was it her? hard to tell)self about the sight. "If he's running without them, then that means the others are in trouble..."

"And let me guess: THat's where you want to be? Fine, but if it's too dangerous in there for us, then I'm getting us out of there." Ella seemed less enthused, but she got serious when she saw the sorry state that Annie was in.

"Ella, Garm, Cadol, do your best to keep that machine off of Annie. I'm going to need all the help I can get here... With that, the plan sprang into action. Devon and Mengde did their best to get over to the dying woman, although they were assaulted by a few rather painful burns on the way.

"Deadshot, give me some room to work with! If you want her to make it through, I need to patch her up now. Don't waste my time!" SHe tried her best to get through and called out to her Persona. [b]"Mengde, lend your aid! Cure Serious Wounds!" The tall persona seemed to give a confident sneer before channeling the energy into Annie, although it was hard to tell how strong it was...

Location - Shadow Realm (Yeah, I mean, it kinda works better in context. Like that Joker Serum in Batman: TAS because they couldn't have him actually murder people.): Deadshot, Wanderer, Annie, Android

"OH YOU FUCKING COWARD! I HATE YOU TO PSYCHO PRICK!" Deadshot shouted as Wanderer...Wandered away from the fight as [Null] Faded after spending his clips.
"Oh this is fucking messed up!" he cringed as the robot managed to line up it's sights right as his action high faded and pain began to re-enter his body.
"...Eh....guess this was bound to happen sooner or later....Though I wasn't thinking I'd die in something like this...." He sighed as he sat down beside Annie and awaited for the end to come.

It was then that Devon and the others showed up.
"...what the piss?! You guys are dead too?!" He exclaimed in disbelief, leaving the others to wonder what the hell he was talking about.
While the others engaged the machine, Devon set about reviving the Titan Shiftier, though when Mengde offered to give him a shot of healing juice, he answered "Sort her out first. This ain't my first time getting lit on fire, most likely won't be the last." as he leaned out and watched the fight, revealing a nasty burn on his back.
"Did you bring any ammo? I'm out."

Shadow Realm: Nice to see the little party together
Annie, Deadshot, Wanderer, Devon, Garm, Ella, Cadolbolg, Android
Bit more fitting for the mood

The Android winced in pain as she was hit by the shots, and the smoke appeared again as she called out, "B-Bellona! Initiate: Agi! Target: [Null]'s User!"

It was at this point Garm, Cadolbolg and Ella charged in to aid, as per Devon's orders. Garm was the first to call for aid, barking his Persona's to ward the blow, "Protect us, Gelert!"

True to the Wolf's calling, the disembodied armor appeared to take the column of fire meant for Deadshot, giving a whine of pain as Gelert disappeared. After a few heavy breaths, he asked, "Are you alright? I did not have ammunition for your weapon, but I will protect you from her assault."
The heart was certainly there, but it sounded a bit more confident than what the wolf's posture gave off. Like the Android with the Lightning attacks, Garm looked distinctly shaken by the fire attack hitting his Persona.

Cadolbolg, on the other hand, took the offensive, the collar around his neck working it's magic as he cried out, "Lei Zhenzei, Show her who's boss!" The human shaped dragon appeared again, and the twin mixture of fire and lightning being shot at the robot from it's blades. The Android winced again from the lightning strike, but didn't seem to mind the fire nearly as much, to Cadolbolg's disappointment as the Persona disappeared.

Looking among the group, the Android backed away with a shaken step, clearly battered by all the Persona users attacking her, "This is not the end, Shadows. I will return yet." and began to run off. Following that, Mitsuru's voice entered the party's minds, "Good, you found them. I'll try to get an extraction point going on this floor. Just look around until you can find it. And no, Deadshot, you're not dead. You and your group has been transported to the Realm of Shadows. Now, where did the doctor go? I know he was among your number..."

Teri frowned, knowing full well Rugal was lying, and in a way she was familiar with: changing the subject. Crossing her arms, she kept her gaze locked with Rugal's as she spoke, "I'm not stupid, Dad. I've used that tactic before, changing the subject. You're lying to me again. Not to mention you already said that this started happening a week ago, with the voice you seem so adamant about not telling me a thing about!"

She paused, not sure if she should mention her suspicions about what was coming to pass, and heard her own Shadow sneak into her mind, "Gonna tell him about me? You think that will help your case?"
"I dunno. He might just use that against me. I don't know how he'll react. Do you feel okay with me mentioning you?"
"You're asking my permission? That's new! Go on ahead. I like people acknowledging me. Makes me feel special."

Teri swallowed again, and continued, "I...I have an idea of what this is that's bothering you, because I- I sort of went through the same thing. What I mean is, if this started a week ago, then I think that points to the obvious, doesn't it? It started after what happened with Annie, right? And... you feel guilty for what's happened, and a voice in your head is beginning to berate you for every little thing that you've done wrong, right? It's a Shadow. It's every bad you had, and it makes you feel terrible for existing! Sometimes you want to die because of how cruel it is. Mr. Narukami mentioned them at the meeting, and Philemon mentioned em too. I know all this because, not just cause I'm an Author but-"

She paused again, afraid of spilling the truth completely but forged on ahead, "I don't have to use an Evoker to summon my Persona, because I have a Shadow in my head right now. She talks to me every day. She started talking to me during the Angel Wars, because I enjoyed killing the Angel forces with my powers and the guilt nearly drove me crazy. It's the same for you, isn't it? Because of the things you've done to Annie, you have a Shadow too."

After admitting her line of thought, as well as the fact that Toyotama was a constant in her mind, Teri tensed up faintly, not quite sure what to expect next.

Angelus stewed in her rage after Slindis left, and yelled out, "FINE! I didn't need the blasted training anyways. When we're fighting Shadows, I'll have Tiamat on my hands... This blasted condition is temporary anyways. Once we find what we need to, I'll go back home and be myself, right?"

Leaning against a wall, the dragon sighed as she tried to think things through, that familiar tiny voice in the back of her mind, "You don't need a human invention anyways. You never have. Your fires are all you need, even in this strange world. Forget what the Paladin said, she needs her puny swords and fists to get by. You're a dragon, not a mortal. Well, perhaps not at the present moment, but that's not what matters, right? Then again, you're missing your fire... Are you even a dragon anymore?"

"SILENCE!" Of course, Angelus realized that she was shouting at thin air. But the voice had a point... Was she still as she claimed to be? Shaking her head at the ridiculous notion, the dragon simply turned her attention to a dummy and began the motions taught. She'd show that Paladin she had learned something, if only to spite her new teacher...

"...I can't get anything past you, can I?..." Rugal admitted with a small smile, slightly glad his lies were seen though.
"...It's more then a Shadow...I...My life was..."Driven" by a desire for power. To be stronger...Typical Egotism and Narcissism. While...I try to move away from it...Since S'zami was killed..." He sighed, had that the painkillers were in effect to remove the pain that usually followed a taunting.
"And if you stayed with that desire, you wouldn't be in this situation, would you?"
"...At the time, I...was so full of...rage. I had brought her onto the Rising Dawn. If I hadn't, she would still be alive. On top of that, If it wasn't her who died, who would it be? You? Melethia? Slindis? The fact that...Woman could so easily take one of you away..." He added, the implication of what could have been being clear as day.
"...So I..."Cut loose" and...Well...You saw..." He finally confessed, knowing full well what he did to Annie.

"...Worse thing is...I know what it's capable of...And...It frightens me..."
"...Explain to me again how God-like Power is a bad thing?..."
"...So how do to keep it in line?...Is there anything that I can do to silence it. Using an Evoker works, but...I'd really prefer to not give it a physical form to work with..."
"Tch, Killjoy..."

Teri visibly relaxed upon hearing Rugal admit the truth, and put a comforting hand on his shoulder, "Well, you got over one of the hurdles of it already: Admitting the problem is there at all. Most of the time, Shadows react very badly to being denied. And, frankly, it is the Shadow. It's the strongest and worst feelings within you, especially the painful ones. But that doesn't it has to define who you are."

She paused for a moment to figure out how to best put the words, and continued, "I have it a little bit easier, considering Sadei helps me keep Toyotama in line.
"Yeah, and she's bossy as hell too."
"I'm talking to Dad. Hush."

"But, if you want to bring your Shadow under control, first you have to face it head on. Only then will you learn to co-exist with it. It'll take some effort, but I'm sure you can do it. And if you need help, I'm more than happy to lend myself and Garm to aid you. I had Mum and Lucifer in my head when we took Toyotama down a peg."

The hand was lifted away, however, when she continued thinking about Annie, and where this all lead where she was concerned, "What worries me in all this is whether Annie will incite the attacks further from your Shadow.... I know this isn't the most popular thought, but what has happened to her, wasn't right. What she did wasn't right either, but that didn't call for what has passed. You're going to need to let go of your anger at her if you want to succeed with bringing your Shadow under your control.
"Like you ever let go of what Bruiser did?"
"Fair point, correction incoming."

"Or, at bare minimum, reign in the impulses that come with those feelings. S'zami is dead and gone. As sad as that is, it is the truth. But I don't think she'd want you to keep on like this.

Does all that make a little bit more sense?"

"...As much as anything on this moronic ship..." Rugal sighed as he already began plotting his otherside's downfall.
"...What?...Really?...You want some of this, old man? Our Room in half an hour, I'll be waiting..." It taunted, prepping itself for a duel.
"I'll face it myself. It seems to want to prove it's strongest, I beg to disagree. And I'd rather do it alone, Lord knows it'd never let me live it down..." He explained as he finally got up.
"...I understand I can be stubborn in my ways...But thank you...I feel this approach would be better then what I had planned..." He then said, leaving Teri to ask "...And what would that have been?"
"Full Frontal Lobe Lobotomy. I know of several Black Market Clinics."
"....Ah..." The cleric blanched at the idea of someone removing part of her fathers brain as Rugal got up and began walking towards.
"Hey, where are you going?"
"...I owe your mother an apology." He merely answered before going down the hall towards the crew quarters and Slindis's room, Waiting outside it for the Drow to arrive.

Location - Shadow Realm (Anything involving your soul being used or stripped is horrible lol): Deadshot, Wanderer, Annie, Android, Garm, Devon, Ella, Cadolbolg

"Oh get out of it, anyone will say anything when they are dying. But it's a good think you aren't dying...Right?..." He half threatened, attempting to discourage her from dying. When Annie thought about it, she was passing out which could of been her dying. Seems memories do trigger the human body to last longer in some way, which was a first for this girl.

"AND WHERE ARE THOSE FUCKING STIMPAKS!?" Sadly, the Doctor didn't seem alright. He looked like he wasn't in control of his sanity thus ran off screaming on the top of his lungs. Did the android screw with his visions, like an illusion?
".. Doctor S!" Annie pleaded, but then a surge of pain shot through her for trying to get up. The burning sensation of torn tissue and organs moved aside... was a feeling only the dead could speak of.

She panted, knowing to keep calm under these conditions. She may of looked pitiful right now, but she wasn't going to steep any lower.
That's when the crew came in, Devon and Ella making their way towards Annie. The expression Annie held now was surprise if nothing else. It would be like being shot in the middle of nowhere, but somehow your friend all the way from USA just found you to assist in saving your life. Before she could open her mouth, Devon took action.

"Deadshot, give me some room to work with! If you want her to make it through, I need to patch her up now. Don't waste my time!" SHe tried her best to get through and called out to her Persona. "Mengde, lend your aid! Cure Serious Wounds!" The tall persona seemed to give a confident sneer before channeling the energy into Annie, although it was hard to tell how strong it was... seemed to do the trick though for the wound was closing up slowly but successfully. It probably would of at least fixed the insides but left the outside wounded if it wasn't for Annie's natural regeneration abilities.

By the time it was done, Annie had a scar there, to surely be healed over within the next hour. Blood still flowed but it was barely anything compared to what it was beforehand. "Devon, I don't know how you found us in such a place. Here I thought it was all over for me, but then you show up. Some miracle.." She started getting up, still placing her hand there and the other regaining strength to move on it's own.

The others took hold of this battle, forcing the android to retreat. But, she called them 'Shadows'... why did she identify them as something they're not? Regardless, Annie closed her eyes and had a calm face expressing herself, "Thank you Devon. There isn't more I could say but that you have my gratitude. I'll be fine.. for now. Just need to..." She slowly came to a stop, hearing a familiar voice in her head.

She should of left you dead. I'm surprised Devon didn't place another hole into your body after what you've done to the Rising Dawn, Annie. Your vexatious to everyone you've ever known. Saying thank you won't bring back the lives you've crumbled under those ungodly feet as the titan.

.. No, just stop. I'm not going to listen to you, or acknowledge that you even exist.

What did you.. just say?

You've been nothing but a thorn in my mind. I am not exactly sure who you are, but all you are is a voice inside my thoughts. I'm not going to bother listening to you anymore, nor respond to you. I-

YOU OF ALL PEOPLE, THINK YOU CAN CAST ME OUT?!! YOU REFUSE TO ACKNOWLEDGE ME IS THAT WHAT YOU JUST SAID?!! ANNIE!!

"AAAHHHGGG!!" Annie cried out, her hands quickly grasping the sides of her head as she barely fell to her knees. The pain in her mind... somehow, actually outmatched the physical pain she got from the spear. Some tears leaked from her eyes, the legs suddenly giving in as she fell forward with eyes shaking.

Wh-what are you doing to me? How are you doing this?!

The moment you said that you're going to ignore me and pretend I have nothing to do with you, or being a part of you... you're going to dread speaking your mouth Annie. I've been the one who brought your spirits up in fighting back. I got you to suck up the abuse and keep going. You... you just told me, with your own... will, that you're going to not acknowledge me? ............

YOU WERE BETTER OFF DYING FROM BEING IMPALED THEN DYING FROM WHAT'S TO COME!!

Annie felt hands on her, those around her in person. She didn't know what was happening, but whatever it was felt worse then any migraine a human being could have. It felt like her skull was blazing, cracking with the brain melting down. She closed her eyes ever so hard, and suddenly... it stopped. Altogether. No more pain, no sharp streaks that were continuous. Annie slowly got up to see the puzzled eyes around her, especially Devon's and Deadshot's.
"... I'm sorry.. it seems, I.. just lost to much blood and lost it. Don't worry about me... I'm okay..."

Some sweat forged down her face, not from lying but rather being worried. Why did the pain just suddenly stop for?

Location - Shadow Realm (Damn Straight): Deadshot, Wanderer, Annie, Android, Garm, Devon, Ella, Cadolbolg

Glad that the crew managed to scare off the Android, Deadshot then watched as Devon managed to heal Annie's wound, seeing how the wound closed and the bleeding stopped.
"...So this isn't the land of the dead?...could have fooled me..." He quipped to Mitsuru as the Titan Shifter stood again.
"Well...If that isn't a Deus Ex Machina then I don't know what is...The Wanderer is down that way, but we did lose one of our group, a Teenage girl by the name of Izami. Just...So you know" He sighed, still not happy about how this night had ended up.
"AAAHHHGGG!!" Annie then screamed as she collapsed holding her head.
"Whoa! Hey, What's happening?! Did you do something to her?!" The assassin shouted defensively at the Cursed Bard before the pain suddenly stopped as quickly as it arrived.
"... I'm sorry.. it seems, I.. just lost to much blood and lost it. Don't worry about me... I'm okay..."
"Yeah, might have been some sort of Shock or something. Can you walk?" He then asked, offering a shoulder to lean on before they set off looking for the Extraction point, leaving the others to find Doctor S.
Pausing for a moment, he looked over his shoulder and said "...Hey, Girl-Devon....
...*Ahem*
...Thanks for saving our sorry asses..."
He admitted, fulling expecting some sort of Moral Speech once they were out of here.
Deadshot also silently vowed to stop making fun of her curse behind her back.
He would be more honest and say it to her face.

Suddenly a portal appears from thin air. Out steps Anastasia Romanvesky. A middle aged woman with short red hair.
"Hey guys, Didnt mean to interrupt, but I just wanted you guys to know that we have opened a omnicross-dimensional Pub for any and all, you should come check it out when you have the time. First round is on us!"
She smiles and gives a wave.

"Again, didnt mean to interrupt. But I figured dimension hoping was your guy's thing. See you later"
With that she is gone.

Location - Shadow Realm (It's a negative place overall, agree?): Annie, Deadshot, Ella, Devon, Garm, Cadolbolg

"Whoa! Hey, What's happening?! Did you do something to her?!" The assassin shouted defensively at the Cursed Bard before the pain suddenly stopped as quickly as it arrived.

"Yeah, might have been some sort of Shock or something. Can you walk?" He then asked, offering a shoulder to lean on before they set off looking for the Extraction point, leaving the others to find Doctor S. Once Annie took the offer by leaning against Deadshot with her arm around him, Annie spoke, "Deadshot, we should find Doctor S... I don't want him running into anymore enemies like the girl. Imagine what the crew would say if he died because we left him behind." Even if Deadshot was unwilling, he probably didn't want to leave Annie's side. She did seem to be needing attention even if she was pretty much patched up.

Besides, Annie felt the others like Devon, Ella, Garm, and Cadolbolg would still want them around instead of wandering off. With that, they walked towards the hallway that the Doctor took when fleeing. During the walk though, even if everyone else was talking... things sounded mute to her. All she could think about was that voice in her head causing so much pain that it broke her down instantly.
.. I'm not in good condition to be facing another surge of that again... we need to find the Doctor and just get out of here as quickly as possible.

By the end of the hall, it seemed they came into a room much larger then any other room they've came across. The room looked like the living room of a mansion's, with checker floors and one big staircase that could stretch far enough to let an army walk up. Blood could be spotted in different sections.. some merely dried up on the floor while the walls had stains that were splashed across like a tidal wave of maroon washed against it's surface. The shading of everything was a dim blue with little light anywhere apart from the outside windows being oddly colored with a yellow moon. Worst of all, there was no sign of the Doctor.

The crew stepped onward anyhow, in hopes they could at least hear him screaming somewhere. Instead, some pain returned to Annie's head with each foot she took when searching for the mad man. Still keeping to her words however, Annie tried her best ignoring it but the pressure grew on.

Annie.

"..." Not paying any heed to this voice, Annie relied on Deadshot to help her walk as the crew were behind. It was odd that despite she could see lips moving, she could not hear them. This was becoming very bothersome to the girl.

Annie.

Taking a slow breath, Annie did her best in shunning out the voice. Though, the pain was becoming to much as Annie started slowing down with one hand pressed to her head, teeth showing. Even by now, people might be able to tell Annie's suffering from something. Still, she did not respond to the voice. It was then the voice came out again even louder then before.

ANNIE.

WHY CAN'T YOU DISAPPEAR YOU STUPID VOICE?!!
The girl suddenly froze, with Deadshot being unable to move forward still Annie wouldn't take another step. Her pain was dramatic, one huge pulse shot through her head making her tremble and once again.... it vanished completely. She was able to relax, placing her hand down from the head and take a breather. Finally... I wonder if it decided to give up?

"I'm never going to disappear, Annie. I am you after all." Annie's eyes grew wide, her mouth slightly open. This time the same familiar voice wasn't in her head. It sounded like it was coming from behind them. In fact, the other crew members noticed the voice and looked behind. The floor had a small dark void opened up, looking like a puddle of clear water except it was black. Then a figure was rising up, face down with arms limp. The girl in Deadshot's arm slowly distanced herself from him and walked up, seeing who this was. Once the figure was on it's feet, the puddle dissolved. However, the figure shot it's face up with a loud response to Annie stepping up.

For the very first time, Annie's heart nearly stopped in her chest. The pupils shrunk, the eyes widening and the expression in itself would be the definition of utter horror. Annie was looking at... herself?? Except this figure had a slight blush on her face, with purely bright yellow eyes, the jacket being dark gray rather then white like her's, and the voice having a sharper yet higher tone following behind what wound sound like Annie's voice.

".. W.. .. What in the heck are you..!?" The girl in front simply giggled, eyes half closed and a smirk so small but obviously cold that it sent chills behind Annie's spin. "Annie... i'm you. You're me Annie. What you're looking at though, is the other side of you. The Shadow you.."
"What do you mean 'Shadow' me? I'm.. i'm not buying it at all. Identify yourself..!" Clearly Annie couldn't accept this. It had to be some trick. She wasn't even feeling calm or logical at all, fear rushing through her very veins with a look of sheer shock and disbelief.

"Again denying it... i'm hurt Annie. It really does hurt, hearing you say that. Though, it's to be expected coming from someone who's weak and holds no regard for human life. You're not the type to play games, right Annie? All serious and uninspired by anything around you... that's why it must be so easy to take lives when they're between you and your goal, right?"

"That's not true.. I do care for those around me. I-"

"Really? So back in the academy, you didn't just so happen to plan getting into the Military Police in order to carry out the plan of capturing Eren? To bring him back and force him to submit to the other titan shifters so you all can abandon humanity and leave the Walls Maria, Rose, and Sina? After all... you did so much in order to ensure this plan was flawless. First by killing Marco your own squad mate, leaving him to fall and get crushed in half by a titan. Then, you stole his Maneuver Gear to hide that you were behind killing those two titans the Survey Corps captured to study in order to help humanity. Then, you transformed into a titan and killed off half of the Survey Corps entire legion as they ventured out. Oh... don't even get me started on you killing Eren's personal teammates right in front of him, disguised as one of their own soldiers. You crushed Petra into a tree with your own foot, before that biting half of Eld's body off and spiting out the other half. Every person who was close to Eren, you murdered them in cold blood with your titan form."

".. No.. I-I only did it to capture Eren. They were going to put an end to me if I didn't defend myself."

Mood Music

Annie's Shadow laughed with her arms holding each other, before continuing on her testimony on Annie's life.
"Tell everyone the real you, Annie. You may try to be respectful, keep yourself in check, and even seem like a 'good' person... but you're not. You're worse then Deadshot over there. You've done so much worse, Annie. Remember five years back... you helped the colossal titan kick a hole into Wall Maria, allowing hundreds of titans to roam in and eat citizens? A rock fell onto Eren's house and crushed his mother's legs... only for her remains to be eaten by a titan in front of Eren and Mikasa. You were reliable, responsible Annie." By this point, Annie looked down with a look of despair. Her heart felt like it was getting tugged, and though she tried to ignore the Shadow.. she couldn't stop herself from listening. "..."

"Half of humanity's population was wiped out that day. You were responsible for three hundred thousand deaths... and it counted on as you existed, going with the strategies even if it meant leaving destruction in your wake. You lied, mislead, and betrayed the fellow soldiers you trained with for several years. How did it feel when one of your friend's died with her corpse laying in the street? All you muttered was 'I'm sorry'. Hah! HaaahA HAA! You're not the type of person to have remorse... especially after what happened with your father."

Annie's head snapped up, her shouting at the Shadow. "YOU KEEP MY FATHER OUT OF THIS!"
The Shadow's smile faded, only a sincere look on the other Annie's face before pressing on. "All those years training under your dad... you hated it, didn't you? Training day by day, injuring yourself to please your father. And speaking of pleasing..." "DON'YOU SAY ANYTHING ABOUT THAT!!" Annie came closer, her face in angry but she felt compelled to do anything, no matter how she felt.

"... With what happened to your father... you promised him that you would make the world your enemy. You would cut down any man, woman, or child to seek what you've wanted. Annie, I know you. No matter what, I know everything about you. Even up to the point of you stealing the Holy Artifact, there was a dire reason you risked it all to obtain it, no? The reason you stole it... was to make sure every titan would have it's neck safe from being sliced so they wouldn't die, yea? That way, you... the titan shifters, the titans from the outside.... they wouldn't be able to die. That would leave mankind to extinction. You're FAR WORSE then Deadshot Annie, that's why you kept telling him that he's not so bad.. because you're entirely on another level Annie."

By this point, Annie couldn't hold herself together. She placed both hands onto her face, eyes covered as she almost cried, body shaking with such truth being announced to everyone. Deep down, the Shadow wasn't lying. It was the disgusting truth that shattered her personality, feeling like everything was crumbling with guilt tearing her heart out even more.

"That's not even the worst part... is it Annie? After all of this, your wish wouldn't be killing Rugal. Despite you hate him to the peek of ripping his spinal cord out.. that's not what you really want, is it? Annie, the wish you were desiring to make-" Annie stepped forth and punched the Shadow Annie across the face. However, the Shadow Annie smiled wickedly as she returned the favor by socking Annie in the stomach, making her spit blood. Well, the punch actually was more towards the wound that was recently healed so the wind was knocked out of Annie. Shadow Annie continued, simply wiping her mouth with a smile on her face.

"That you would be back in your world... with the Holy Artifact. That you would lie to everyone saying you're going to make things right but actually carry out your plan and kill off humanity in the Walls, am I right? You were never open with anyone, keeping everything to yourself. I'm the lively one, the one who makes you feel that rush of energy when you fight. I should be the one alive, not you Annie. At least I wouldn't deceive everyone who treated ME with kindness." Annie slowly, with all her efforts, got back up on her feet.

".. Tch!" Annie snared, her eyes beaming with fueled angry towards this girl. Annie sprung up and did a low kick, but the Shadow Annie knew this. Then again, she knew everything about Annie so she countered with an elbow to Annie's face making her fall back again. "Hahaha!! HAAahhaaaa hhaaa!! That's cute, Annie!"

Annie was on fours, spitting some blood before looking up and yelling, "You- YOU ARE NOT ME!!"

Dire Mood Music

The Shadow Annie's expression dropped from cheery to sudden shock. Eyes widen, the lips slanted, the mouth slightly open. It seemed this triggered something in the Shadow Annie, the girl slowly seeming angry herself.

"... Did... you just, say I am... not... you?"

Annie replied almost immediately, shouting, "YES!! You aren't me, there is no way in my lifetime is anything like YOU inside me. I refuse, to acknowledge you and I will... NEVER see you as me."

At first, the same expression was on the Shadow Annie like she was stuck in time. The Shadow Annie's eyes started to slowly shake, her expression overall becoming sinister in anger. The floor had spiraling black waves forging up around the Shadow.

She even screamed back to the real Annie, "YOU STILL CAN'T ADMIT TO ME BEING YOU ANNIE?!! THAT'S HOW IT'S GOING TO BE?!! OUT OF ANYONE WHO WOULD NOT UNDERSTAND YOU LIKE I DO, YOU SIMPLY JUST DEFY ME COMPLETELY?!!"

"AAANNIIEEEEEEEE!!!!"

The spirals consumed her, turning the Shadow Annie into a much bigger humanoid then Annie could of imagined. Before her, stood a 14 meter titan who was kneeling with yellow eyes, the outside of those pupils black and the titan screaming so loudly that there was physical sound waves making everyone's clothes, hair, and anything light waving if there was some sort of strong winds. The scream itself terrified Annie, thus she was instantly grabbed by a giant hand.

"OOaahh!" Annie gasped, being entirely defenseless as the Female Titan brought her up to it's face. With the sides tearing, the Female Titan expanded it's jaw to open widely and suddenly chomped Annie, and leaned it's head up swallowing her whole. When gulping her down, the Female Titan stood up towering over everyone else. She posed, fists up. Seemed like there was going to be a tense fight for the crew.

The Lone Wanderer.

Shawn or the Lone Wanderer as he is commonly known still ran, he had shut his eyes to get away from the nightmare that poisoned his mind, heart and eyes. Yet he heard nothing as he came to a stop and decided to see again, nothing was behind him and he had gathered his thoughts ... at least he thought that. Sighing he removed his helmet once more and saw a window with nothing behind it. "What is wrong with me?" He asked himself as he remembered the scene back there, he had ran away from those people.

"They do deserve to die though." Called another voice behind himself. Turning around quickly he could see himself except the clone in front of him had half of his facial flesh missing as the Doctor had before. Backing up to the window frame the looked to the sides quickly. "Don't you even ... DARE to think about that." The voice trembled the certain passageway they were in. "Who are you!?" The Wanderer demanded as he pulled out his ranger pistol on this Shadow of his.

The Shadow laughed like a innocent child as he pulled out his own gun, yet the body of the Doctor began to follow his Shadow's movement. Slowly the gun was lifted higher, until the gun was at head level, pointing directly at the head. The two bodies held the guns to their heads. Tears started to trickle down their cheeks, the true Doctor caused this. "Sad? ... why don't you just end it all, a bullet is all it takes. I'm the one who wants to escape this fate of killing and unhappiness." He said seriously towards his true self.

Taking up the challenge, the Wanderer pulled the trigger quickly ...

*BANG*

Another noise echoed through the hall.
Blood covered the window.
Yet the Wanderer still stood, except there was a clean bullet hole in his head. The Shadow released the mirrored control and the true Wanderer fell to his knees, shaking with fear. "But ... I won't let us die that easily. I'm going to speak to you and you will listen ... and I ... will ... make it HELL for you. You will be begging me to die soon!" He yelled and then began to laugh madly, the true Doctor just sat there in his sad state, wanting this to be over.

The worst part was that he could not tell was if this thing is real or just another hallucination.

Was this his mind or reality.
Anyone who discovered the scene would only see the Wanderer kneeling down and trembling.
His Shadow did not want to reveal himself, but he wanted to have some fun with not only the Wanderer ... but also those who will came for him.

Re-done in colour!
Yu Narukami.

Before everything.

Coming to his room Yu gave a sigh, of relief or annoyance ... no one knows. The gray haired protagonist was glad that most were successful but yet some people failed, got scarred and worse. His thoughts of David came up, he still has not seen the cop after his little incident with his own Shadow. In Yu's case it was the first time that event has happened, they actually managed to not fight a personal Shadow for once, in the time Yu was in Inaba for the case of the mist murders his friends fought and won all of their fights against their Persona.

But ... did David actually win his?

Shaking his head, Yu fell onto the bed behind him. It was late, the clock was a minute to the next day. Looking outside, it was not raining. Yet Narukami still gazed into the TV in front of him, it was not turned on and it did nothing like the Midnight Channel back then. Yet looking at the time it suddenly turned twelve and the TV screen moved as if it was water and made a ripple of infinity.

Immediately getting up Yu touched the screen with haste and soon he fell once again. Yet, not to the Midnight Channel, this was different. Once the usual black and white went past Yu's face he opened his eyes to see Mitsuru. " ... hi." He answered in his usual manner as he gathered himself from the floor. "So ... where are we exactly?" He was confused that the TV lead him here, yet he could feel something in the air.

Rising Dawn: Med Bay: Slindis, Teri, Rugal

ALmost on cue, Slindis entered the Med Bay. After all, it was where Teri usually went and Slindis wanted to work with someone that actually wanted to work with her. "So, Teri, are you ready for some... What's Rugal doing in here? I thought he was feeling well..."

Yup, looks like Slindis still wasn't too happy with what she'd found out.

Shadow Realm:
Devon, Garm, Ella, Cadolbolg, Annie, Deadshot
Keep that music running!

"We're going to have to hold off on that retreat, Kirijo. Looks like we've just had some more problems pop up here... I'll do what I can with the others here, but I'm going to have to keep a sharp eye on this one!" Devon called to the others around and began some preparations as she pulled out her blade.

"Say what you will, but I'm not going to have her get abandoned like this. Deadshot, work with Cadolbolg at range to keep the pressure on. Ella, stick with Garm and try to flank it. Keep that pressure on, keep it mixed up, and don't give up. We'll make it through this, and we'll most certainly get her out!"

The Demi-succubus readied her halberd as she got ready for her first flanking moves and shouted out to Devon. "You know you're insane, right?! What on earth will you be doing here?" The first swipe from the Titan came far too close to her as she had to leap back to avoid most of the damage from the blow, and she looked over to Devon and Mengde.

"It'll take me some time to really get a good idea for how we can really slow it down, but for now we need to keep going. She needs us, damnit, and we aren't going to fail her!" Perhaps it was due to the sheer conviction in her voice, or maybe it was because of Mengde glowing and pointing his blade at Annie's Shadow, but the others all felt the call to greatness. This was one fight that they couldn't give up on for anything.

Yes, even Deadshot felt this call to glory. Funny how Bards worked, huh? She must be killer at Karaoke.

Devon has Inspired Heroics in the group! Until the fight is over, the group is more accurate, a little bit more durable and agile, more skilled, and unshakable in their resolve.

Bardic Songs Left: 14.

After the rather bold statement, Devon tried her best to focus and see if Mengde could give an idea of what this Shadow's weak spots could be. It wouldn't be too easy, though, so she'd have to keep that group going at their peak.

"Ooooh- fuck all kinds of duck. It's Mum!"
Teri blanched further upon seeing the Paladin pop in the Med bay, and right in Rugal's path, knowing full well that relations between the two weren't on the best term quite yet.
"Calm your tits, Toyotama, and let's see if I can pull of the same kinda miracle I just did with Dad. Mum's gonna be a bit harder to appease than Dad though..."
So, the Cleric cut between the two and spread her arms out, hoping the surprise would push both back, rather than brute force before she spoke (and heard one last comment from the peanut gallery in her mind),
"Ah shit, you're sounding like me now!"
"Only because of the desperation of the situation. You know I curse only when I'm particularly upset. Now let me try to work my mojo, and you kindly shut the fuck up."
"Heh Heh Heh, only cause you asked so eloquently~! Damn, I like Us mad!"

Taking a deep breath, the Cleric hastily said to the two adults, "Okay, before anyone tries to kill each other: Mum, I just had a talk with Dad. He's probably gonna repeat what I said anyways, but I might as well say it. He told me he was sorry for taking some Evil actions and being a general crazy man for the past couple of days. He's also got a bit of a problem in the noggin like I do. You know, the one where you and Lucifer had to cut in? That one. And yes, Dad, I know you wanted to keep that hush hush, but you really need to be a bit more honest with this family, Mum and Me especially. All that being said, we're gonna work to fix some of that, right, Dad? Atonement, and reigning in that Shadow, and all that good stuff. Now, since I've explained some things, I think you were about to give Mom an apology? And Mum, please don't try to kill Dad and be a bit willing to hear him out? I know you're upset but- please?"

There was a cackle in the back of Teri's mind after all that, Toyotama rolling with laughter in her Wielder's mind, "Dude, I had no idea you had the balls! This is gonna be good!"

Shadow Operative Warehouse: Border of Shadow Zone Yu Narukami, Mitsuru Kirijo

After Yu landed flat on his rear next to Mitsuru, the Kirijo leader barely batting an eyelid at the Fool's sudden appearance. In a serious tone, she pointed to the inside of the warehouse and said, "There are several members of the Rising Dawn inside of there, and their currently facing a Shadow like the ones you've described to me before. It would do them some good to have additional reinforcements. I can guide you along, but hurry if you intend to help them! We cannot spare a moment where these sort of things are concerned."

((Just auto along Yu in his next post and he can arrive on the battle site.))

Shadow Realm:
Devon, Garm, Ella, Cadolbolg, Annie, Deadshot
The REAL mood music for this battle. :P

Mitsuru's voice echoed in each of their minds after Devon's considerable display with Bardic Music, her voice giving away how serious she took the whole situation, "Understood! Also, Narukami literally landed on my doorstep. I'm sending him in to help you. It'll take him a minute or so, but with the path you've carved, I can give him a nudge in the right direction. Let me know if you need me."

Garm felt his wounds from the fire earlier begin to sting a bit less, and stood tall, "You are right, Devon. We must help our pack, even if they're less than perfect! Gelert, to me! Ella, please mooove as I attack!"

The Evoker around Garm's neck set of, and the Armored Persona appeared, giving a bestial howl before the icy shards floating around it shot at the Shadow, attempting to pierce the Shadow's hide with them as it gave Ella the chance to maneuver around the Shadow.

Cadolbolg, in the meantime, took to the skies, and maneuvered to be at eye level (In terms of height, not closeness) at the beast before shouting, "Hey, you big meanie! Take this! Lei Zhenzei: Burninate!"

At the call, the draconic warrior appeared, and one of his swords lit aflame. With a sweep not unlike what Caim was partial to, the Persona launched a single large fireball at the Shadow before disappearing from view.

Prefers the title "The Wild Card"
Yu Narukami.

Noting the urgency of this event, Yu immediately nodded and ran off into the dark corridors of the Warehouse.
With Mitsuru guiding him, Yu easily managed to run towards the battle quickly. If it was the Shadows he knew about, it was obviously someone's own Shadow.
Yu kept running with speed and pulled out his two-handed katana presumably from his coat, ready to slash at minor Shadows.

A couple of minutes of running and slashing.

Soon enough Yu was on the edge of the battle, entering the ring with everyone else he gave a nod to each member as he noted their opponent.
A giant, weird enough it looked like a skinned human. Pushing the image aside he readied his weapon but asked for some information.
"Who's shadow is that!? We need to weaken it and then hope that they can accept it." Yu said to the others on the field, but he has the feeling that some know this information already.

Summoning his own Persona, a card formed in Yu's hand and he instantly crushed it while saying ...
"Izanagi!!!"
Soon enough his coat-cladded Persona was summoned in front of him, yet it still it could not match the giant's size.
"Zio!" He commanded Izanagi and a second after a bolt of lightning went forth to strike the large Shadow.

Location - Shadow Realm: Deadshot, Wanderer, Annie, Android, Garm, Devon, Ella, Cadolbolg

".....Uhhhhh....O.....okay...I-....Huh...." Deadshot mumbled as Annie's Shadow ripped into her, his lack of knowledge of Annie's past, history, how shadows worked and basically everything that had happened to them since the truck crashed left him standing there confused.
"...Am...I the only one here not really getting what's happening here?...." He rudely asked as the two sides yelled about how Annie was going to kill off all of humanity in their home realm.
"Wait-WHAT?! Whoa...Dude! You were going to do that?! ALL of Humanity?! The Fuck, Annie!? Who fucking does that!? I mean...Christ! Killing a few thousand people for a buck, That's one thing, But fucking EXTINCTION!?! What ARE you?! Some fucking...alien....planet killing....BITCH!?" He finally snapped, Sure, he wasn't a saint and he would Genocide large amounts of people, but killing off the entire human race was something he drew the line at. (I mean, Who would pay him then!? O.O)
"Christ...I fucking took a Flamethrower and nearly got invited into Baron Von Murderlust's (Rugal) Torture Camp for you! Hell, he even had the right fucking idea...You know what? You! Nega-...Bizzaro-...WHAT EVER THE FUCK YOU ARE!...You can have little miss Hitler here. I'm fucking out...Christ damn..." He stated before he start walking away from the group and went looking for the exit, disgusted at the fact he even associated with her.

".. Tch!" Annie snared, her eyes beaming with fueled angry towards this girl. Annie sprung up and did a low kick, but the Shadow Annie knew this. Then again, she knew everything about Annie so she countered with an elbow to Annie's face making her fall back again. "Hahaha!! HAAahhaaaa hhaaa!! That's cute, Annie!"

Annie was on fours, spitting some blood before looking up and yelling, "You- YOU ARE NOT ME!!"

The second she said those words, Deadshot felt the entire ground shake as a large shadow cast over him as the realization set in.
"...Other Annie can also do that Godzilla thing too, can't she?..." He closed his eyes and cringed as The Shadow Titan ate Annie and went to finish the rest of them off.
".....Ahhhhhhh....Piss..." He finally said before sprinting out of the open and into cover.
"ALRIGHT EVERYONE! STAY CALM!....I'LL COVER THE REAR!" He shouted as he revealed his inner coward.
"...Seriously?....Thi-this is what we're are doing?...Hiding while everyone else fights?..."
What?! I'm out of Ammo and she's like 40 feet tall, what do want from me?!
"...*Sigh*...Just use the fucking Evoker..."
A Voice inside him said before he saw Annie had dropped hers.
"...oh yeah...[Null], Yer up!" He remarked before he summoned his Persona, not paying any heed to the guy who told him to do so.

A quick shot later....
"....Annnnnnnnnny time now..." The Assassin whined before his Persona stepped out of the Shadows again.
"Christ?! What takes you so lon-" He asked before getting a Gun Barrel shoved in his face
"Shut it. I have other concerns you know." [Null] answered before he pulled out his Platinum Handguns and opened fire, Aiming for the Titan's eyes and face.

Rugal stopped dead in his tracks at the fact Slindis turned up right in front of him.
"Ah...Slindis. I'm sorry, can I borrow you for a mo-" He started before Teri preempted him and said very fast.
"Okay, before anyone tries to kill each other: Mum, I just had a talk with Dad. He's probably gonna repeat what I said anyways, but I might as well say it. He told me he was sorry for taking some Evil actions and being a general crazy man for the past couple of days. He's also got a bit of a problem in the noggin like I do. You know, the one where you and Lucifer had to cut in? That one. And yes, Dad, I know you wanted to keep that hush hush, but you really need to be a bit more honest with this family, Mum and Me especially. All that being said, we're gonna work to fix some of that, right, Dad? Atonement, and reigning in that Shadow, and all that good stuff. Now, since I've explained some things, I think you were about to give Mom an apology? And Mum, please don't try to kill Dad and be a bit willing to hear him out? I know you're upset but- please?"
Once she was done, Rugal bit his lip and looked at her with an annoyed face as she basically said everything he was just about to say.
"...I'll leave you two alone..." she meeped, realizing she might have said too much before leaving the Med bay, though standing outside and listening closely.

"...*Sigh*...God, Life was much simpler before the Angel war..." He sighed as he sat back down on one of the beds.
"...What Teri said is true. Over the last week, I've been suffering from a Shadow attempting to drive me insane."
"Wanting more then being a lowsy captain isn't insanity!"
"...I think....What happened with Annie...Might have...Triggered it...I still haven't answered for that, have I? I know this isn't an excuse, but...Remember that new Member I told you about? S'zami? Well...When Annie raided our ship, She managed to use a poisoned blade on her. While we were engaging her in her Titan form....S'Zami succumbed to that poison. I then found her dead the hallway, Body was still even warm...

Melethia met her first, did the introductions, offered to...heh, make her some enchanted necklaces...I was the one who invited her on board...I'm the reason she's dead...And...Just the fact...That..."Woman" could so easily have hit Melethia Or Teri or even you?...That...I couldn't stand for...At first...I was just going to do it for Information, Find out why she attacked us...By the end of it, I felt like...I was back in my Cartel....

...I promised you I would change....And I've failed...I know it doesn't justify what I did, but....I wanted you to understand why...."

"You know, I really shouldn't forgive you with your violent tendencies. After all, you've proven yourself to be hotheaded more often than not, and sometimes it's hard to see why you'd want to change.

The fact is, you're still seeing this and you're trying to get better. That's the important part. None of us have gone this far without doing something we aren't proud of. Trying to do better is what's important. And as long as you're still truly willing to do that, then I should at least grant you that hance. After all, you've likely got darker demons than most anyone on this ship."

It wasn't a complete pardon, but Rugal was going to at least have some kind of chance.

"...Amazing...Even after all this..." Rugal smiled, not thinking he was going to be forgiven so easily.
"I assume she was talking about me in that last sentence?...You know, you never introduce me to any of your "Friends"...
Though I'm starting to see why you switched sides...Those robes really show off her hips. *Tiger Growl*"

His face soured as the pain returned though the haze of those painkillers, making him dread what it would have felt like without it.
"She's just our type, Experienced and yet just still innocent enough to put up with us. Aged, yet looks not a day over 20. God, I can't wait to finally be in control and just absolutely Ruin her all night long...Hehehahahahah..." His other-side taunted, being the straw that broke the camels back.
"...That's it..." He said out-loud prompting a "...Excuse me?" before he marched out of the Med Bay, nearly knocking Teri out with the door as he stormed out.
"Dimitri. I want a Private Training Room, Cross reference the specs with the ones used in the Shadow Operation's Simulators and apply them to our own."
"Where are you going?"
"To kick my own ass!" He shouted without shame or context down the hall as he made his way towards the training room.
"Oh about fucking time. So what Rules we using? World Warrior? Mortal Kombat? Art of Fighting? Traditional KOF?..."
...None of them...
"Ohhhhh...Look at Mister Hard Man over here. You know where to find me..."

Pages PREV 1 . . . 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 . . . 830 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook