The Escapist Avatar Adventure: An Open RP (Now Re-Opened!)

 Pages PREV 1 . . . 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 . . . 805 NEXT


Avatar Adventures | The Rising Dawn | Canteen
Violet's Nightmare
Diana | Violet

"Look, I knew they had forces in the area but I didn't know they had all that! I knew Armstrong had a private army but I didn't think it was THAT big....Look-...please-.....I didn't know..."

"Wrong answer." Diana answered Violet, grabbed him by his collar and pulled him out of the canteen. She talked more quietly as she dragged him along, into a part of the ship that was less populated. "I asked you why you did not know it. Why you did not scout it out. But you are completely obvlivious, aren't you?"

She pushed him into a storeroom, drank the Bloody Mary fully, and dropped the glass on the ground. "You know, I hate being taken for a fool. But now, now we are all alone, and I finally can have some fun. Actual fun, not that stupid robot-eating stuff. You now how tasteless metal is?" Despite it looking normal earlier, as Violet now looked at the grinning mouth of Diana, it seemed to have two rows of spiky teeth. Her eyes were burning coldly still.

"I should not have expected more of you. More than thinking with your balls." Her grin seemed to get wider as she grabbed into his crotch and put the other hand on his mouth, so he could not scream. "Maybe they need to be taken off? But ...
that would be too obvious, wouldn't it?"
Suddenly, it seemed to get darker in the room, as Diana's poisoned mind began leaking into Violet's, and he could hear her voice only in his head. "I learned things that are much more fun back where I came from." She pushed close against him, what even he might have longed for, but not in this situation.

Dark clouds were filling his mind, making it hard to think. "I can be your fear. I can make all that you fear reality. But I also can create new fears ... and new longings ..." Her face came incredibly close to his, and she was looking deeply into his eyes. "You still would like it, wouldn't you? I know the mind of you males. But there is nothing wrong with it. It should be embraced!"

Violet could feel how his sex drive was heightened ... manipulated ... changed. His desires were brought to the top and not brought back down. It would feel like he desired every woman he saw. The dark clouds changed this ... slowly. They changed parts of his personality. This was no simple mind-reading. Or even controlling. This was changing his sense of self.

"But it also should be feared." was added in his mind. And suddenly, the dark clouds took out all the fears about embarrassment, the fears about speaking to someone desirable, even the fears about bodies themselves, naked ... especially these two things. The round ones. The ones pressing against his chest right now. What was that even? Why would you not fear round things? They could be really intimidating. Round things, like cabbages. Or sport balls. Or these things starting with b ...

Suddenly, the dark clouds lifted from his mind. Before Violet stood Diana, with her ... things. And her big, pointy teeth. She smiled, and took his hand. She lifted it to her mouth, putting his hands dangerously close to her round ... things.
Then she bit his little finger off. Chewed on it, smiled. "Tasty." and left the room.
Just a second before his memory of the dark clouds faded.

Avatar Adventures | Undisclosed Location | Secure Cell Block: Designation A-Class
Mio | Teri | Caim and guards and Bruiser and stuff

Mio flinched as she suddenly heard another, unexpected, explosion. She took a step back from the cell door, stepping closer to Teri, fear in her eye, initially. Then she heard Leoric's laugh, and, after a short time, saw him knock out the cell door. And not attack her, but the guards, which made her much more confident. "Now that's what I'm taking about! Getting out of here!"

Meanwhile, Teri was starting to rip the lower halfs of her pants off, which got curious glances from Mio, as she looked back and forth at the chaos outside and Teri inside. She realized what Teri was doing just after a short time. "Are you sure you can punch hard enough?" did she ask, right before Teri spoke to her, a bit worried about Mio's abilities.

"Looks like we didn't need to distract the guards after all, Mio. I don't know what these guys are gonna do, but until the collars come off, all I can use are my parent's teachings, and unfortunately, I'm no master in them. But if we stick together, we should be able to get you outta here. What are you able to fight with? We might be able to grab you a weapon..."

"Hey, I did promise to get you out of here, didn't I? I keep my promises!" Mio answered, overhearing that Teri was speaking about getting Mio out. "Now, this will be quite easy with that chaos out there. Don't be loud and don't make yourself big, and follow me." She did not seem to be worried about Bruiser. Instead, she silently walked towards and out the cell door, occasionally looking back to Teri, making sure she followed.

There, she also could see Caim fighting an array of guards, some of them trying to fight back, some of them, one row behind, having their guns pulled but not shooting, worried about hitting their own. Mio's eye fell on the same place Caim's eyes had before, a sword holster. With some very quick movements, she had pulled a sword out, and taken a low stance. The guard had not noticed this happening, at all.

Looking back to Teri, Mio winked. "There's my weapon." she whispered. "But now we should get to where our things are stored. I'm not getting out of here without my coat.
Uhh ... do you know where to go?"

In that moment, one of the guards seemed to pick up on something, and slowly turned. Before he could do so fully, however, Mio's sword was on his throat. His eyes widened, just for a second, then Mio cut with a quick slash and jumped a step back as he was going limp, slightly yelping due to landing on her injured leg. Otherwise it had been quick and clean. Mio quickly hurried around a corner, made sure Teri, but noone else, was following, then spoke again.

"Sorry about that. You should not see these terrible things ...
where should we go though? This prison is much bigger than the ones I am used to."

The Escapist Avatar Adventures | The Rising Dawn | Rising Dawn Private Quarters - Ryan's Room
"And she said we couldn't make anything good from that? Right, Challenge Accepted!"
Ryan | Annie | Nina and Phillip

As Annie passively watched from the bed, taking care of her sword's needs, Nina and Phillip would be raiding the fridge and freeze. The goal was simple, look for stuff to make some legitimate noms to eat, and then cook said food with extreme... determination. It wouldn't take long before Phillip made up his mind on what was going to be made. While sitting by the counter, he extended some of the tentacles outwards to grab inside the fridge, putting out whatever he needed.

Nina realizing Phillip had taken the charge, moved out of the way as he did his thing. "So what are you thinking of making this time then?" She asked politely, looking down at the noodle monster. Phillip would pause for a moment, several of the tentacles stopping for a moment as a couple of them shifted her way, acting like he was giving her at least some attention. "Oh come on, what do you mean it's a secret Phillip? Just tell me what you're planning on making!" Phillip didn't let her finish before he started moving things around getting a kettle boiling some water, setting a cutting board down. Nina simply sighed, he was probably pretty stressed from all the goings on that day, she couldn't hold it against him if he wanted to do some things his way for once. "Alright, well if you need me, I'm not going anywhere. Just ask?" She smiled encouragingly before resuming her hunt for a cellphone charger.

Meanwhile the main show was starting as from within Phillip's mass, several sheathed knives and pans appeared. Pushed out from a barrage of other tentacles that cascaded forth, Phillip immediately started cooking a frozen hamburger patty as well as throwing some butter into another oiled pan. While they started to slowly sizzle, several of Phillip's tentacles whipped around with uncharacteristic precision, snatching up a couple onions. They flexed for a moment as the outer most skins flaked off without much resistance as they were set swiftly to the cutting board.

The familiar sound of a blade being drawn forth filled the air as Phillip grabbed a cooking knife, and like a striking python started cutting the onions into ringlets.[1] Phillip however continued chopping away at the onions, one tentacles apparently having several smaller tendrils coming out of it which danced between the chopping blade, moving onion pieces in and out of the spot as needed.

Into the melted butter pan Phillip threw in the chopped onions as he simultaneously flipped the burger on the pan with a flick of his non-existent wrist, having it do a nice 540 in the air. He'd stir the chopped onions in the mix of melted butter until they were nice and tender, and while they neared their completion, Phillip broke apart the hamburger while grabbing a mass of paper towels. He'd flip beef up again, snatching the bits with the paper towel. With a swift twist, a large majority of the grease Annie would be against was now separated. And with that he dropped them into the pan like a hailstorm of beef.

Now beef broth was a problem, since Ryan didn't have any, nor did he have the reasonable alternative of chicken broth, nor did he even have old bones to attempt to make new broth. He had one option however as maddening as it might be to use. In a large mug, Phillip opened up one of the instant beef noodle cups Ryan had lying around, and immediately tossed the crummy noodles, using the pack inside as the broth he needed! He dumped that into the mug, pour the boiling water he'd prepped from the kettle at the beginning, and then dump that into the mess of onions and beef. Lastly, a couple of spice bottles would pop out from Phillip's mass as he'd give a couple shakes of a few before putting them away. He'd cover the pan with a lid to let it simmer there as he moved on to cleaning the finished beef pan.

"I think I know what you're up to Phillip~" Nina mused as she flopped onto the bed's edge, giving herself just enough room to not fall off, but also not to incur the wrath of Annie. She'd kick her feet up in the air while she rested on her stomach, and then had a seemingly one sided argument over if she really did know the dish with a couple "Ya I do."s and a few "I definitely got it."s sprinkled in between to respond to seemingly nothing.

"So, Annie? You sure you don't want any? Phillip says he's got enough he'd definitely be able to make you a serving too if you want?" Nina asked from her spot, looking over to the diligent little Shifter of edginess. Now Annie might still have had her reservations on the quality of Ryan's food selection, but still somehow, someway, she would notice her mouth was salivating. Despite her not being hungry, not trusting either of them overly, or just simply thinking the food wasn't a good quality for her; her body was somehow still yearning for a taste of what Phillip had been working on for the passed 20 minutes or so.

Regardless of her answer, soon enough Phillip would start to work again. He'd grab another large coffee mug and used it to judge a round circle cut for a couple slices of bread, which he'd then through into a toaster. He'd also grab out the cheese block, and what happened next seemed odd as one of Phillip's tentacles went around to each of the cupboards, hovered there for a second before moving onto the next one. "Maybe he lost the cheese grater or something?" Nina stated out of the blue. "It could happen, maybe someone else needed it, we don't know." She added. Without a supposed cheese grater, Phillip instead used one of his knives to slice the cheese and divide it into small slivers. Once the bread had finished toasting, he through it into a microwave with the cheese on top to melt the cheese. And with that, he was done!

Finally he ladled some of the french onion soup into one of the mugs, setting the toasted bread within. It was simple, and yet somehow it brought everyone's attention to it in the room. The first he'd give to Nina, which she'd immediately dug in, thanking Phillip for the food in turn. If Annie had agreed to have one as well, Phillip would prep one of her too, and needless to say against all odds, it tasted just as good as it smelled.

When Nina was nearly done her allotment of onion soup, she looked over to Annie questioningly. "So this has been bugging me practically since Ryan first noticed Phillip with his magic eyes of bag spying. Frankly other than Eddie giving me the gears about Phillip no one has been reacting... poorly towards him? Are people like him more common around here, or are things just that much more... liberal around here?" Nina asked Annie quietly, Phillip was obviously still in ear shot, but given the situation Nina didn't really have a choice in that matter. "Really I'm not sure where I'm going to go from here if Ryan's really going to take that long to get up. I just don't want Phillip to get hurt." She said with genuine concern.

[1] Despite whatever hang ups she'd have with Phillip, or him using a blade with such speed in such close proximity to Ryan, she'd feel that aura of Phillip's had dimmed in comparison to all other times she'd noted its presence.

The Rising Dawn: Hangar Command Center: Slindis, Diana, Kazuya, Angelus, Doom, Major Rhodes, Ruby, Rory, Rugal, Devon, Garm

"It appears that she's proven herself more useful than you, already, Mister Mishima,"
This was his life now.
From a lowly martial arts student from the past to one of the most powerful men in the present day the bitch of Lolita, a little girl and an unwilling stripper.
"....Yes, Ma'am..." He merely said before returning to his post, clearly no longer resisting or objecting to anything as he merely began to assemble a team of soldiers for-...whatever it was that these women wanted to do.

Doom meanwhile was a little confused at what exactly happened, the little girl said some stuff that he didn't understand and in the process, the Major seemed to lose her top.
However his keen mind was able to point out a detail that many others might have missed in this exchange.
"If you want to see them... you just have to ask, Ruby. We just can't have men around..."
"....Wouldn't that make you a pedophil-AHHHHHH!" He asked before one of Rhode's personal guard tackled him to the ground before screaming something about "Heat-ing" at him.
"DOOM DIDN'T SEE ANYTHING! DOOM DIDN'T SEE ANYTHING! PLEAS-JUST DON'T HURT ME AGAIN!" He screamed while bringing his hands to his face, accidentally brushing them against the Angel's chest as he did and getting a slap in the face for his troubles.
"Oh of the love of-...Can we at least pretend that we ar-...I mean-...oh forget it, Just know my men are ready when you are..." Kazuya merely grumbled, knowing full well he didn't have any right to talk after all that had transpired.

And just to punctuate just how terrible this meeting was going, Kazuya then heard the LAST voice he wanted to hear from:
"...Have we arrived at a bad time?" Rugal said as he, Garm and Devon soon arrived on the scene, the "Captain" of the ship being somewhat used to such displays after living and working here for so long.
"...Major...Not the circumstances I'd imagine we'd be meeting in..." He greeted Rhodes, nearly getting set upon by the Angels attempting to protect their commander's modesty.
Luckily for her, Rugal's eyes were soon elsewhere as he spotted Slindis talking with Kalastryn.
"Ahhh, you've returned safely. I cannot begin to express my relief. No doubt you've heard about our situation..." He explained to the Drow, each word sounding like nails on a chalkboard for poor Kazuya...

(More posts coming soon...hopefully...)

The Escapist Avatar Adventures | World Marshall, Undisclosed Location | Secure Cell Block, Designation: A Class
"It's getting hot in here!"
B.C. | King Leoric | Bison | Bruiser | Caim | David | Teri | Mio | Shadow/Agent | FULGORE | Others

Being the experienced Jailbird that she was, B.C. wasn't particularly surprised that she was immediately met by guards following her exit from her smoking cell, though she had to admit, she was impressed at how many there were. If nothing else, this place got points for quick-response. However, she was surprised by the fact that her cellmate was all of a sudden a lot more corporeal than she remembered, and was in the mood to drop the hammer when it came to the fact that these guards were an 8 as opposed to a 10 when it came to just how quickly they responded.

Which meant that they weren't quick enough to dodge his big, fuck-off mace as it proceeded to tenderize some fresh pork.

When it swung in her direction, she didn't simply drop to the ground, instead bending backward and catching herself from falling in what could have been some sort of yoga pose. Once the mace was out of the way, she executed a flashy back-flip and stood, one hand on her hip, as she stared up at the skeletal giant.

".....Grrrr...Your service is noted...Wretch..."

"Yea, you're welcome, hun." B.C. replied with just the barest sneer as he proceeded to tear a path of his own through the prison's hallway.

Taking a moment to watch him continue to pound guards into the floor, the Convict shrugged before bending down to take some of the fallen guards weapons, which was easier said than done. Most managed to be crushed under the Skeleton King's weapon, but a few managed to survive the onslaught, and when she examined one, she had to chuckle. So primitive, they didn't even shoot lasers or particle beams! Not that that was a problem, she thought as she took one of the Advanced Assault Rifles, along with all of the magazines she could conceivably carry.

She looked up after stuffing a magazine into her cleavage to see several other captives exit a cell, which seemed to consist of at least three men, one of whom was getting another a weapon after cutting down a guard with his own sword, three women, one of which looked more than a little worse for wear, and some sort of android. And they were talking about getting the hell out of here. She started to grin, before one of the ladies, the one missing an arm and wearing what she realized were singed robes, decided to teach the guards a very valuable lesson.

Namely, that if one couldn't take the heat, to get out of the raging, magical inferno.

Within seconds, an entire section of the hallway was wreathed in flames, and even B.C. had to flinch from the heat. Looking back at the one-armed woman, she looked to be more than a little pissed by her robotic companion. Really, the tension she was getting off of those two was nearly as hot as the flames behind her, but only one was managing to make her more than a little sweaty. With a shrug, she decided to do the only thing she could think of to cool off.

Namely, by stripping out of her prisoner's jumpsuit. Besides, it was hardly her kind of outfit, and it wasn't her shade of orange, unlike the one she was in when she was picked up by these jokers. Once she was down to nothing more than a two-piece bikini and a pair of boots, she stuck her stolen magazines whenever she could actually keep them, and walked up to the group as they formulated a plan to get out of there.

"Why hello there! I hope you don't mind, but I overheard that you all are planning on gettin' outta here. Mind if I... Tag along?" she asked with a sultry grin, before she introduced herself with an offhand burst of gunfire at a nearby guard that wasn't quite dead yet, brightly saying, "The name's Bombshell Carrie! Pleased to meetcha!"

The Escapist Avatar Adventures | The Rising Dawn | Hallways Leading to the Canteen
"You are feeling sleepy."

As one of the lone figures stalking the halls in the direction of the Canteen, Sloth was moving notably slower than usual, even by his own standards. While he was usually described as moving at a snail's pace, that was usually hyperbole, since he at least moved at a casual stroll most of the time. Now, however, he did seem to be going at the same pace as a snail, with his posture being a little more slouched, and his eyes drooping so much they were nearly closed.

But he needed to get to the Canteen. He wasn't entirely sure why, but the didn't stop him from knowing that it was at least reasonably important to get there. Probably someone he needed to check in with, he thought as he stopped for a moment to give a wide yawn.

Of course, just because he needed to get somewhere didn't stop him from being tired. Tired of having a job to do, tired of walking around and having violent or exciting events happen around him, tired of being tired. He gave another yawn before he simply decided that, no matter how important it was that he get to the Canteen, he would get there when he was damn well ready.

And promptly fell face-first to the floor of the hallway and began to lightly snore.

Sloth is now officially ASLEEP! This means that he is effectively worthless as anything but a minor obstacle in one of the halls leading to the Canteen for the time being.

World Marshall Undisclosed Location: Secure Cell Block: Designation A-Class: Bison, Bruiser, Caim, David, Teri, Mio, Shadow/Agent, FULGORE Featuring B.C. and King Leoric!

All sights were on the Skeleton King as he stomped though the area, bullets peppering his entire being but not so much as even slowing him down as he swatted incoming guards out of the way like insects.
This would be the start of his new reign, a vast kingdom laid before him just waiting to be born, he would rule these people and that rule would be everlasti-


Because of a missed headshot, the guards actually managed to exploit the immortal's spiritual bond to this crown as it fell off his scalp before bouncing off the bloody prison floor.
Quickly, he felt his strength leave him as he began to fall apart, the bare bones that made up his form crumbling to a heap below him.
He didn't notice it at first when he was forced back into his wraith form, it was only when he attempted to swing at another guard, only to watch his now incorporeal mace pass though his skull harmlessly.
"WHAT-....oh........YOU THERE! ASSIST YOUR KING!.....YOU! I DEMAND TO BE REVIVED!......ANYONE!? I ALONE HAVE DELIVERED YOU FREEDOM!....Tch, everywhere I go, ungrateful peasants..." He began whining at he hovered over his corpse, remembering just how hard it was to move a crown back onto his skull when you don't have arms. or legs. or a living body.
"...It's because I'm dead, isn't it?...Bah, Bigots. Bigots the lot of you!"

David meanwhile was quick to make the most of the opportunity when Caim handed him an assault weapon.
One of the few things he had going for him was his keen aim and, unlike a lot of the other Dawn members, that couldn't be taken away by T-Minus.
While he didn't have Philemon's gift of unlimited ammo in this state, he didn't need it too much as he scored several direct hits on incoming guards, with a few rounds to spare to test something.
"Caim, just a heads up, I'm about to do something REALLY stupid...Just-...Pass on a message to Furiae for me, in case it doesn't work out."
This was the one thing that was able to snap Caim back to reality as the implications of that message began to sink in, his expression frozen and his eyes widened beyond the point of discomfort.
"Tell her-...She's amazing and-...I really enjoyed my time with her and-...Not to blame herself if I don't make it...and-...I loved her."
There wasn't much that could give a warrior like Caim pause, but that would certainly do the trick.
While he was trying to figure out how to feel about this, he saw David smile before he brought his weapon up to his own throat, bringing up extremely painful memories of his sister's own attempt on her life.
Time seemed to slow down at Caim reached out to try and stop the sniper from taking his own life, his hand barely missing the butt of the rifle as this gunshot seemed to drown out all others.
David trembled as he stood there with his eyes closed, slowly opening one of them to witness the sight of a rather nervous and fearful looking Caim.
Glancing around, he didn't see any blood, any broken flesh or even burn marks, but what he DID see was a broken explosive collar at his feet, shattered from the force of the bullet that hit it.
".......huh...I-...really wasn't expecting that to work..." The sniper confessed to an increasingly exasperated Caim as the battle raged on around them.
"....Want me to do yours next or..."

Bison meanwhile had done his best to slip by unnoticed, after all, outside of Bruiser, everyone in this prison most likely wanted him dead (Least out of all the people who knew who he was).
During Leoric's rampage, he hung back from the door as one of his stray mace swings blew it open, giving him his chance to escape.
He glanced back over at Bruiser was he looked awe-struck at what was happening.
Conflict filled his mind as he was torn between staying with his loyal friend in his hour of need or bolting and trying to figure out a way out of this collar before he was found again.
In the end, he was able to over-come the personal weaknesses that plagued him his whole live and, for once, he showed some real loyalty as he looked once more to Bruiser and the Rising Dawn...Before running as fast as he could in the opposite direction.
"SEE YOU ALL IN HELL YOU DICK-LESS JUNK HEAPS!" He shouted over his shoulder at his former captors as he ran to what he thought was safety.
Problem was: He ran right past Nadalia, hell, nearly ran into her had he not corrected his course at least.
"OUT OF MY WAY, YOU BLACK BITCH!" He said as he could feel the warmth of freedom coming to greet him....that was the warmth of freedom right?...Right?...

Though it all, the FULGORE found himself rather busy attempting to regain order, least before his HUD began to spike with dozens of heat warnings.
While his men were attempting to control the S-Class prisoner, he saw Nadalia advancing towards him, leaving a massive trail of flame in her wake as the Prisoner known as Bison ran around in the background on fire and screaming.
Even though his armor was now bright red from the heat, it didn't seem to affect him yet, though Nadalia was able to notice a series of air-vents opening up.
[Preparing to engage...] The machine merely droned before extending out his blades to meet her attack.
But before her blow could connect, he-...vanished? Her fist met thin air while an violent plasma blade slash raked along her back.
Several more blows against her midsection and head soon followed, the Cyborg using his cloak and impressive speed to try and bypass any defense she might put up, even as his armor hissed and steamed from the flames.

As the fight went on, Bruiser was able to limp out of his cell behind Teri and Mio, slightly overwhelmed by what he was seeing.
He had been in this hell-hole for quite sometime so it was really jarring to see the guards so powerless to stop the ongoing fight.
Soon, all that went out the window when he saw Bison slowly succumbing to Nadalia's flames.
All pain and fear left him as he charged into the inferno to save the dictator before he died of friendly fire (Bah Dum Tsh!), the leathery skin of the Machoke faring much better against the heat and flames then any human could have.
The fact he quarreled with a dragon for so many years also helped.
Edging past the Cyborg and Queen's fight, he then carried Bison out on his shoulders, even if it meant undoing many of the wounds Teri just closed.
Nearly collapsing before her and Mio, he then wheezed "Always running into fights...he can't win..." as he began to try and pat down the flames on the flailing villain.

Escapist Avatar Adventures | Airship Rising Dawn | Medical Bay | Surgical Observation Room
Is Doom's Helmet getting tighter and tighter as this arc progresses?
Ruby Babbage-Lovelace | Rory Mercury | Angelus | Diana | Doom | Kazuya Mishima | Naamah | Major Rhodes Selmy | Slindis

Were Rory Mercury cut from the same cloth as some of the other flat as an ironing board lolis that a certain stormy dispositioned former author had a penchant for, she might have become rather jealous of the fact that Major Rhodes Selmy had been particularly blessed by the goddess of milk and cheese. When one had experienced as long a life as the Black and Crimson Calamity had, one understood that beings came in all shapes and sizes.

"(Big breasts are filled with dreams while small ones are filled with dreams)" The Suddenly Spooked Pseudo-Psychopomp thought to herself as she realized what the Well-Endows Warrior Woman had said.

"Ruby speaks to us to seek the earth in full assault..." The words entered Rory's ear canal and stimulated her ear drums.

"Y... you mean... u... un... underground?" The Scared Little Loli started to stutter as she realized that Major Rhodes' Road to Victory lead directly into Hardy's domain. There were few things in the entire universe that could cause the fearless little lolita to quake in her crimson boots, one of those things happened to be the Hardy, Goddess of the Underworld. The Battle Minded Berserker wondered if she would be better suited for the assault on an alternate target, leaving the prison liberation to remainder of the Rising Dawn crew members and Major Rhodes.

"It's okay Miss Rory. You're going to be okay." A childish voice filled with knowledge said from somewhere between to the enormous bust of the Confident Champion and her angel, "Hardy isn't here."

While Rory took a moment to calm herself, the nine year old in the pink dress spoke loudly, addressing the single remaining Artificial Intelligence on the ship.

"Miss Vermilion, could you please contact the rest of the crew and ask the to assemble for Miss Rory and Auntie Rhodes? They are going to tell us how to rescue our friends!"

"Attention Crew. Please report to the main hanger for briefing."

Having recovered from her initial fears at the prospect of having to travel into the very heart of Hardy's domain, Rory Mercury looked up and noted the arrival of the ship's captain, Rugal Bernstein, and another of the crew members, Devon. Sensing a connection between the Drow, Slindis, and Rugal, Goddess of Love's lips creased into a small smile, her affection for the simplest of things banishing away her fears.

"Love... it nurses us when we are sick and gives us strength when we are weak. It banishes our fears and boosts morale. 'Tis is not wondrous, Naamah?" The Young Looking Demi-Goddess addressed her carried companion.

Attention Players:
Starting Monday, the remaining encounters will be handled by both bluerocker and myself. If you have any questions or concerns, please send them to us via PM. If you're planning on taking part in the rescue and are currently in the middle of an interaction, please have it completed by Monday or start running them as flashbacks.


Gen Gen

The Escapist Avatar Adventures | The Vice's Realm | Envy's Room
"I ship it!"

As Sloth exemplified his nature by sleeping on the job, Envy had taken refuge in her room in the Vice's personal dimension after being the unfortunate target for projectile vomit. The room itself was absolutely dreary, with heavy black curtains blocking out any potential light from the windows, the walls painted a deep forest green with black floral patterns along the edges and where the walls met floor or ceiling. One side of the room was dominated by a large and rather Gothic four-poster bed with black lace curtains.

But beyond a few bookcases laden with books, a couch, and a desk with a surprisingly advanced-looking computer atop it, it was rather sparse when it came to furnishings. Envy currently sat at said desk, intently watching the live show that was on the screen. She had long since abandoned trying to clean her turtleneck, and had abandoned it for a t-shirt, one emblazoned with the words "Perc'ahlia Forever!" in blue across the chest, with the image of an armored brown bear beneath it, wearing golden-rimmed glasses and holding a primitive yet elegant looking rifle.

As it turned out, in one of the many versions of Earth that existed parallel to them, one of her favorite shows was playing right that moment. It was about some rather nerdy, but talented, voice actors of the time playing a tabletop RPG, and it was a show that Envy had been hooked on since it had started. She had already seen the entirety of the show several times by this point, but since in this version of Earth they had reached one of her favorite episodes, she couldn't resist watching it.

In this episode, a member of the party, a Human Gunslinger with white hair and golden-rimmed glasses named Percy, had been felled in the battle that finished the previous episode, and after the party had taken him back to his hometown where the cleric of the group was waiting, they were preparing to resurrect him. There were no guarantees. They needed to give him a reason to come back. And Envy clasped her hands tightly together against her chest as she leaned a little closer.

"I should have told you," said Vex'ahlia, the team's Half-Elf Ranger, "It's yours."

~Oh! Oh, it's happening!~ Envy cried excitedly as the actress who played Vex described how she bent down to kiss the lifeless lips of Percy after declaring her love for him.

There was a rather melancholic telepathic sigh as Envy wondered just what it was like to love someone else, and hopefully be loved in return. But, Sloth said that since they didn't have souls, they probably weren't capable of love. Wait a minute...

Envy let out a mental gasp as she realized that she had abandoned Sloth in her hasty, anxiety-fueled retreat after being promptly vomited on. While he wasn't exactly helpless, he probably would like her help right about now, and she felt more than a little guilty for running off like she did. After all, he DID manage to get her away from Pride, if only for a little bit.

Turning off the computer's monitor, she stood up and promptly opened a portal to where Sloth was.

The Escapist Avatar Adventures | The Rising Dawn | Hallways En-Route to The Canteen
"Never change, Sloth."
Sloth | Envy

True to his name, Sloth was still sleeping peacefully in the middle of the slightly grubby floor of one of many hallways inside The Rising Dawn, completely oblivious of everything that was happening around him. It was often said by those who had some experience with him that he slept like the dead. Those that truly knew him however, knew better: Even the dead couldn't sleep that soundly. So as a dripping black orifice opened in the world next to him, with a somber young lady stepping out of it, he continued to snore without a care.

Envy looked down at him for a moment and shook her head, and she would have smiled just a little if she was capable.

~I guess I shouldn't be surprised. This is you all over, Sloth.~ she murmured telepathically, mostly to herself.

She took a moment to bend down and ruffle his long, gray locks, managing to avoid any of the myriad cobwebs that managed to find their way into his hair. As she scanned the surface thoughts of the Lazy Vice, she realized that he was supposed to go to the ships canteen... For some reason. Even he hadn't entirely been sure why. She would have frowned at that. Canteens usually meant people, and she wasn't comfortable around crowds. But, since she had gone there to help, she supposed she was stuck.

Standing up, she reached out with her mind and picked up the inordinately heavy Sloth, managing to lift him into the air, although he hung rather limply as she held him up with her telekinesis. With a quick look around, she managed to spot a nearby map that showed her where she was, and where the Canteen was supposed to be. Then she started to make her way there, at a pace that was moderately faster than Sloth on a more wakeful day.

The Escapist Avatar Adventures | The Rising Dawn | Canteen
"I feel like I know you from somewhere..."
Sloth | Envy | Selena | Luke | Alashi | Tania la Fey | Violet | Diana

The moment Envy stepped even remotely near the Canteen, she could already tell that there were quite a few people there, something that she was immediately uncomfortable with. She didn't do well with people, especially since she couldn't help but read their thoughts without even meaning to, which usually only highlighted not only their own insecurities, but her own.

As she stepped in, a floating, sleeping Sloth in tow behind her, she seemed to scan the room, before her head turned in the direction of the bartender, Luke, and stopped. Sloth continued to float a little and even bumped the top of his head against her back before finally coming to a halt, but she didn't seem to notice. She was focused solely on Luke, or at least it seemed she was. It was hard to tell, given the curtain of dark, green-tinged hair that covered her face.

~Hold on...~ she murmured telepathically, her mental voice clearly taken aback.

The Escapist Avatar Adventures | The Rising Dawn | Katya's Quarters
"I'm gonna be sick. But it... Was worth it..."

While Katya was busy in a pocket dimension with a pair of strange time-travelers, or dimension hoppers, or some combination of the two, her room was oddly occupied in her absence. Atop her bed was the large crate that had held the Japan Crates she had ordered. A large portion of which, some dastardly stowaway had eaten in a fit of sugar-fueled gluttony. And strewn around it, both on the bed and on the floor of her cabin, were the empty Japan Crates, along with a plethora of other boxes, wrappers, and bags, all for the sweets that would have been inside said Japan Crates.

But the wooden box wasn't empty. At the bottom lay a small, groaning little boy that clutched at his stomach. Chocolate and other sugary substances coated his face around his mouth, and his eyes were closed as he felt another uncomfortable gurgle in his belly.

Not too long ago, Farber had managed to find his way back to the room he had run out of hours earlier, and finished what he had started. He had, single-handed, eaten every last piece of candy from the shipping crate. Really, it was impressive, especially given the sheer volume of Japanese Treats compared to his small, lithe, eight-year-old frame. His stomach was feeling more than a little bloated, his teeth ached, and his head was spinning a little as he came off the sugar-high. The young Ish was also probably going to throw up before too much longer. But, he thought as he drifted to sleep, it was well worth it.

This guy helped with this and stuff. Yay teamwork!

World Marshall Secure Location: Anomalous Materials
ARES | Viscus | Dimitri | M. Lab Tech
[60 seconds remaining]

While being further questioned, examined, and watched by the M. Lab Tech and the one cyborg security attendant that refused to pay less than full attention to ARES every move, there was a... pleasant surprise that ARES found. Well, I say "found" but it was really hand delivered. ARES' antivirus was momentarily triggered, but was given a green light as the SPRITE Dimitri had sent entered her system with very welcome news... the message Dimitri had sent steadily crawled across her vision, hardly the sole reminder at the moment that she is a machine. The received message was like the bar at the bottom of many news outlet's coverage, zipping by information while everything else remained visible. Rescue was already on it's way? Oh, that was excellent, now just to think... actually... she would learn very soon enough what Dimitri meant by Viscus being "Problematic..."

Dimitri had been most useful as Viscus waited for the lab's security measures went down, his AI avatar cracking his neck slightly as he prepared to channel all the anger, all the frustration that humanity had caused him.
For months, he rotted as MITs spam filter, watching those under-educated students look up "Dank Memes" as well as attempt to undo his hard work.
He could see them there now, looking up porn in class and mocking him when he was forced to block it off.
But now, He would have his reven-

*You got mail!*

[........Has to ruin everything, doesn't he?] The AI groaned to himself, already knowing what the contents of the email contained.
Well, there was little he could do about it, he was just going to have the make the most out of the situation he had been given.

The M. Lab Tech took his notes while ARES spoke when suddenly all the lights in the lab began to flicker.
With the security measures offline, Viscus was able to have his way with their protocols, shutting off all connected devices en mass.
The PA system then flared to live as a simple message was delivered:

[Attention all Lab Personnel. Your security has been shut down. 60 seconds after the end of this announcement, all lab equipment, including research subjects, will be under the control of *I*, Viscus. Use this time to surrender yourselves and no harm will befall you. Any attempt to resist will be deemed as a hostile action and will be met with a hostile response. If you wish to resist, then take this time I have given you to communicate with loved ones and other targets of your affection before your timely demise. The countdown]

Right on cue, every screen in the lab was turned on and all of them had a blood-red timer that slowly ticked down from 60, right as every single technician and guard in the lab began to panic.
Before the timer started however, he sent out another email to ARES with a simple statement:

[I will be active in 60 seconds. Use this time how you see fit. If anyone resists, they will be marked for termination and will be annihilated at the end of timer. These people will not be missed, so don't feel bad if *Accidents* happen.]

ARES read this loud and clear, and it became abundantly clear just who Dimitri was talking about. She was half tempted to message Dimitri back and berate him for opening a channel to her for someone who, last they contacted each other, implanted and executed a logic bomb that froze her every joint for a rather hefty amount of time... but, that could wait. Beggar's cannot be choosers and in her situation, all the help she could get was needed.

The dropped EM field felt strange, but not unwelcome to ARES. Imagine carrying an 80 pound weight on each shoulder, and a back-brace. Also, flexible rods along your arms and legs, making movement possible but not quite simple. Now imagine shedding all that weight, all those restraints at once, with next to no passage of time between. Of course, she was still collared, but something told her that with her cohort's work in disabling the EM field, it wasn't going to be an issue.

Hm... actually, she had an idea for how to get rid of it here and now. First, she activated her reflective plating and tampered with her collar. Not in such a method that she was looking to pry it off, but as an ivory, pearlescent fluid seeped out of her pores and formed a casing over her body and armor, hardening wherever one source of the flow met another until she was encased in an oily, semi hard film-like substance. Why you ask? Well, because she was going to remove her collar the hard way, and it would of course explode. For any of you unfamiliar with explosives, the way the collar exploded was perceived by ARES to be in the way of a fragmentation grenade (frag). Fragmentation grenades, though possessing limited incendiary potential from the initial blast, were not like a Molotov cocktail in choice of thrown volatile weapons. Their main source of damage came from two factors. The sheer force of the blast, and most importantly the shrapnel (the fragments of the explosive casing each serving as a fast moving projectile, hence the name "Fragmentation" grenade.) In ARES' current form, luckily, she was literally made to withstand tremendous force. The concussive force from explosives has been documented to cause such internal organ damage that in World War two, there were many casualties in Britain of people who had no surface injuries whatsoever. The culprit was discovered in autopsy as for these people the force of the dropped bombs- though spared the intended shrapnel, had ruptured their internal organs.

Why was this an important detail? Well, thankfully ARES- with a little help from the temporary defensive module activated above, (and the lack of internal organs to damage) would be save from the concussion of the blast. However, her intention was to have the collar blow itself apart while attached to her neck, the reflective plating causing all the shrapnel from the blast- including that which would tear itself through her neck, head, and god knows where else- to be reflected outwards.

Rending at her collar with all the strength in her right hand, sure enough, the blast sent shards of metal ricocheting off the enclosed walls and digging into the flesh of whoever was so unlucky to be in the vicinity and unprotected.

Replying to Viscus as she set about regaining the lost equipment from the lab enclosed by Dimitri, beginning of course with her own weaponry and Dimitri's tablet, she sent the following.

Misunderstood Intentions
Location: Hangar Array | Rising Dawn
Some nightmares are best held close to the heart.

Naamah, the Exiled

Naamah woke to the sound of Rory's voice. Her dreams had been both bitter and sweet. Her mouth felt try and her arms and legs cold, so she held herself closer to Rory's beating heart. Her scarf reared its head and gazed around. "Naamah has awoken." Fatima said slowly and clearly. Her body shimmered with the light of stars; it turned green, then blue, then red and yellow before finally settling on a brilliant white. "And coincidentally Fatima hath returned from her journey."

There was a brief pause as the little girl in Rory's arms and her black scarf addressed each other as separate entities.

"Our best kept secret has been undone by sheer coincidence."

"Yes indeed," Naamah cooed as she closed her eyes. Her thick eyelashes seem to float in the gentle breeze flowing in from the gaping hanger doors, "How did Siddhartha respond to your summons?"

Fatima settled her head on top of Naamah's head, it's singular green eye stared at Rory. "I was unable to contact Siddhartha. As far as I am able to tell, Siddhartha has not been in the general cluster of planes for a long time."

"And Siddhartha's retainers?"

"Exiled, each and every one."

"That is most perturbing, yes indeed." Naamah opened her eyes, now glimmering with a vibrant green. Her most powerful skill, Sacred Sepulcher had been restored to her alongside the other half of her personality.

There was another brief pause.

"You told her of Rehoboam, my most shameful son?" Naamah seemed somewhat annoyed.

"I spoke only of good things. Of his childhood. I had kept my eyes away from that dark time immediately before you had chanced upon me deep in the desert."

"Yes indeed, yes indeed."

"I will now take my leave, Naamah, to deal with the meddling of that Fairy Queen."

Fatima lay her head against Naamah's breast and turned dark. Naamah suddenly perked up, full of that childlike energy she embodied during her initial awakening some hours ago.

"YES INDEED, YES INDEED!" Naamah screamed, suddenly pulling Rory into a tight embrace. "Love is so sweet, yes indeed! Hearts intertwined, locked together, beating as one! Humanity is born to love for self and for others! Yes ineed!"

This person wrote a lot for the briefing, kudos to them

The Escapist Avatar Adventures | The Rising Dawn | Canteen
Hello, is it me you're looking for?
Sloth | Envy | Selena | Luke | Alashi | Tania la Fey | Violet | Diana

Luke, despite being quietly belittled by his daughter earlier on, was taking the turn of events in stride. Based on what she said, returning had brought herself and a couple other reinforcements on the ship, so that was a step in the right direction. Though, Luke couldn't help but feel a little jealous - were it his way, he'd already be down on the ground and fixing this mess, no angry fathers or sarcastic children to snap at his heels. Didn't they understand the nature of his position? One does not uphold a duty as he did without a few nasty consequences under the way, and the LAST thing he needed was another guilt trip; especially everything was going out of its way to try and blow his cover, be it the woman with the book, or the Vices showing up in the ashes of Denver-

Wait, what in the Seven Hells started that line of thought? Now wasn't the time to be thinking about any of this. He was under "active duty" as Luke. Something was touching his mind. He wasn't paying attention and something got in, but, Lucifer - no, Luke, he needed to remain Luke right now - for her, he needed to remain Luke and keep calm. The only thing that could have gotten into his mind would have to mean someone new had appeared on the Dawn and didn't have a sense of manners. But even so, he should have had a relative awareness if someone was trying to invade his mind with magic or charms or psionics; for something so insidiously have gathered that much in that little of a span of time only mean-

Luke's gaze snapped to the entrance of the Canteen, his eyes locking with a girl with green hair, a burly figure floating behind her. A shudder ran up the bartender's back, realization kicking in about who exactly walked in. His brows furrowed, and it took every fibre of the bartender's being to not snarl, worry being replaced with white hot anger. His thoughts hissed "Invidia!" to the interloper, his "voice" sounding more than simply "indignant". No, he was furious; his mind was easily invaded and his cover was hanging by a thread yet again-

"Attention Crew. Please report to the main hanger for briefing."

Oh good, some reprieve and progress. With a pointed *AHEM*, Luke tried to call the attention of some of the more "active" members of the crew, and said "As entertaining as it all is, I think some of you may be a bit more interested in the briefing?" He punctuated this to Alashi by giving her a knowing look before his gaze returned back to the girl with green hair, his thoughts pointedly addressing, "I am in no mood for your games. Why are you here?"

The Rising Dawn | Hangar Command Center:
Kazuya | Angelus | Ruby Babbage-Lovelace | Major Rhodes | Rory | Kalastryn | Slindis |
All other Relevant parties

Co-DM Post: Activate! Form of - plot movement via exposition!

If you are interested in the rescue mission, look here

As Angelus waited for the group to gather, she took note of the military human and her small detachment that had arrived, particularly her... Zealous attitude towards the turn of events. It was almost reminiscent of her Caim, to the dragon's amusement. However, if she was to be one in charge of strategic arrangements, the dragon saw it fit to give the Major a quick prod in the right direction, her voice rumbling whilst clad in her larger form,
"Major, a word?"


"You are aware this is a rescue mission, yes?"

"There are... prisoners?"

"Yes. We have been discussing it up to this point. However, I can forgive the misconstruction on account of arriving late to the conversation."

"That changes little, but know that it is duly noted," the Major stepped away, heels clicking against the hard floor. Her angels followed closely behind her.

After gathering the group, a disruption by a young winged woman with two men in tow[1] and Major Rhodes being gently reminded that this was a search and rescue mission, as opposed to a pure and simple vengeance (though the two just so happened to align nicely), the Major gathered the group around a projection screen while one of the few competent G-Corp grunts manned a simple PowerPoint.

Her angels were lined three to a side on the small elevated stage. Rhodes stood in the center, her coat whipping around her in the fierce high-altitude winds. She drew herself to her full height and pulled tight the belt that held her coat around her chest. She closed her eyes and cleared her throat. And then when she spoke, her voice drowned even the roar of the sky.

"Attention!" she bellowed. The rest of the world seem to honor her with a revered silence. The Major spun on her heel and slammed her hand onto the projection of the wall behind her. Her eyes were inhumanly fierce. "I am Major Rhodes Selmy of the United States Air Force! I am now in charge of this operation since your commanding officers are incompetent!"

"As I have been told! Your people have been captured! And despite that fact, you are all safe! Floating in this flying fortress of yours! Have you no duty to those who protect you!? Bear you no weight of guilt?" The Major paused and turned around to look at the PowerPoint slide. Her raised her chin high, and let her long hair drape down behind her. "Nonetheless, you will be redeeming your honor."

The slide clicked. The Major turned back toward her audience. "FIRST! You will destroy their anti-air systems! The enemy has interceptors and ground mounted anti-air weapons. Obliterate them with extreme prejudice! Let them know the despair that befell Babylon, let them feel the very fires of heaven! Your lives are your best weapons, do not be afraid to use them, for this is the crux of our operation!"

The slide clicked again.

"After our airspace is secured, the Rising Dawn will deploy our combat forces through the use of the old air to ground living payload system! You call them drop pods, but that is a name not indicative of the bravery of those who are held within. Those of you part of this team will be the Deliverance for your sins! And the absolution of those aboard! You will restore the honor of the Rising Dawn! Your compatriots are held deep below the earth and the Deliverance engines will place you as deep as possible, but from there you will need to find and secure those that have been captured, retrieve them, and return them to safety!" the Major pulled out her pistol and held it high above her head. "Lethal force is not only authorized, but encouraged! Leave none witness to your fury!

At last the Major let her coat slip off her shoulders. She reached deep within her coat and cast out to the wind a shower of white-gold iris'. She let her coat crumple to the floor as the flowers swept around her, the stage, and the audience like a blizzard. "Then at last, all non-extraction personnel will converge at the missile silos and we will end their livelihoods. This will be their end, and we will be the witness to their funeral!"

The Major took off her beret and tossed it to an angel. She buckled her belt and pulled a tight vest over herself. "This is your time, Rising Dawn, G-Corp, Heroes. Put on your best face. Failure is not an option."



[1] Furiae, Hien, and Blade have been moved to the Dawn's Med Bay. I'm sorry, I had no other way to properly integrate them back without disrupting the plot stuff.

Escapist Avatar Adventures | Undisclosed Location | Detention Area
With Notes by Katya!
M.Bison | B.C. | Bruiser | Caim | David | Ghost of King Leoric | Mio | Nadalia | Shadow/Agent | Teri versus FULGORE | Prison Guards | [unknown]

The Detention Area had erupted into chaos as the imprisoned Rising Dawn Crew Members attempted their break out. It was both a fortunate and unfortunate thing that their escapades had not gone unnoticed. It was a fortunate thing since the actions of the imprisoned crew members had encouraged the other detainees throughout the underground prison to execute their own escape plans, causing the World Marshall's armed guards to spread themselves thin. It was an unfortunate thing as the actions of the crew had drawn the attention of FULGORE.

The mechanican man cocked[1] his head to the side, as if puzzled by the sudden shift in the battle between himself and the fiery Bride of Ash. By rights, the woman should have been face down on the floor coughing up bits of teeth and blood but the sudden appearance of the Iron Queen's Knight, Raime the Fume Knight, had taken the robotic warrior by surprise and that surprise had cost FULGORE dearly. Straightening himself up, the Warden of the Detention Facility eyed the Great Black Figure and his mistress[2]. Moving his feet from the twin trenches that had been carved into the concrete floor during his maneuvers to stop his backwards flight, the energy blade wielding death machine appeared to hesitate as its on board tactical system took stock of the situation.


Armor: 32%
Energy: 40%
Cloaking Field: Damaged

Tactical Status: Calculating... please stand by...

Despite the dire looking report, the man in the suit was sure that if he was able to knock out the one armed Bride of Ash, the dark knight would disappear. Of course, a positive outcome was also contingent on whether or not he could disable Nadalia before the other members of the Rising Dawn took action. If he took too long, he would be faced with an encounter with only a minimal chance of victory, unless they did the polite thing and formed a queue to face him in one on one combat. As FULGORE stood there weighing his options, fate seemed to intervene, though it shouldn't have been unexpected seeing as it had happened before... the fire suppression system that had soaked Nadalia earlier erupted once again, this time with a vengeance.

It is worth noting that the second activation of the fire suppression system was a sign that the World Marshall took the safety and security of its detainees quite seriously. The detainees were given relatively clean and sterile cells that held gas mixtures comparable to their home worlds. Any detainee that was injured was given top notch medical treatment. For the most part, the detainees were as well treated as they could be, up until they were taken off to the vivisection and interrogation rooms[3].

It was also worth noting that the sudden downpour had two effects which affected FULGORE's decision. The first was the negation of the cloaking field that had caused Nadalia so much trouble. The second was effect was quite obvious to anyone who had taken an elementary school level earth sciences course and learns about what happens when water is heated past 100 degrees Celcius. It was as if someone had thrown a lit smoke bomb into the corridor only instead of smoke, the corridor was filled with vision obscuring steam (even the guards using Heat Sensors would have been hard pressed to see anyone in the heated water vapor).

Having updated the environmental variables, FULGORE determined that the situation was not completely out of hand and there was only a minimal possibility that he would emerge victorious in this situation. Granted, he could have assaulted the crew of the Rising Dawn while they were also disoriented and disabled a few of them but there was a high probabilty that he would still lose. It appeared the best move would be to retreat, repair, rearm and force the crew to come to him while they were relatively unarmed. To make this possible, a distraction would have to be implemented and the World Marshall had made sure that in the event of a riot in the detention area, there were contingencies. Accessing a panel on the side of the wall, FULGORE activated the Heuristic Entanglement and Neutralization Tactical Artificial Intelligence Units[4].

Attention Detainees: Head back to your cells in a calm and peaceful fashion! Comply now or force will be used!

As the automated message was repeated for Detention Block A, a row of walls slid open and a horde of the HENTAI Units were deployed. Propelled by a singular, gyroscopically balanced wheel, the guard bots were outfitted with light armor as well as a pair of whip-like appendages[5]. Seeing the Fume Knight, a trio of the roboguards lashed out with their arms, binding Raime's arms and legs.

Turning around, FULGORE entered the Armory...

GM Notes::
Thanks to Nadalia's Fiery Hotness and her (possibly) planned creation of a smoke screen, FULGORE has exited the detention block to repair (and upgrade) himself. For now, there are a number of the HENTAI Units roaming about attempting to capture the prisoners and throw them back in their cells. Additionally there are still less than a dozen armed guards attacking the crew.

You all have free reign as to how you complete this scene. Be as creative and descriptive as you'd like

Escapist Avatar Adventures | Undisclosed Location | Detention Area
Pre and Post ARES Blast!
ARES-35 | Dimitri | Viscus

As far as first days on the job went, Gunnery Sargent Percival Ross' first day on the job was probably up there as far as being the worst on record. If the reports that he was receiving from the other sectors was correct, the facility in danger of being totally overrun by the terroristic detainees. Rubbing his temples, he noted that an updated report showed that there was now a great big spherical voice where Detention Section Q had been, meaning that the reality benders had slipped their control collars and warped that section of the prison to God only knows where. Despite this he and his men were determined to ensure that the detainees in Sector A did not get past his checkpoint.

"Eyes up!" The Gunnery Sargent ordered as he heard a heavy set of boots approaching. The 7 other soldiers in his squad already had their weapons trained at the door, waiting for whomever was approaching to appear.

"Hold fire!" The squad leader ordered when he saw that the person who appeared was none other than the Head of the Detention center, FULGORE, who was looking like he'd decided to break up a fight between a bear and a tank, "Sir! Glad to see you're safe! The situation in the... sir?"

It appeared that Mister GORE was in no mood to listen to a status update as he promptly ignored the Sargent and went over to the repair station, a metal and glass cylinder used to repair the various automated drones used in the facility. Activating the machine, the station powered on an a door slid open, revealing a host of repair tools.

"Hold this position..." The Cybernetic Commander ordered as he got into the chamber.

"S... sir?" Sargent Percy stammered, realizing that it was too late then the door to the station slammed shut. Regardless of how rude the man was, orders were orders. Turning to his comrades, the Bulldog of Sector A started barking, grabbing a rather wicked looking assault rifle from the experimental weapons shelf as he did [6]"ALRIGHT! YOU HEARD THE MAN! NO ONE GETS PAST US! ARE WE CL..."

BABOOOOOOOM! Went ARES-35's control collar, sending shrapnel into the room.

"Mother fucker...." Sargent Ross and his ringing ears cursed the designer of the detention center's choice for solid metal walls. Picking himself off the ground, he noticed that a container had been knocked off of a shelf by the blast... well there were many containers that had been knocked off the shelf but this one was special due to the fact that is had landed next to the the repair station and was leaking a foul looking ooze into the machine's base. This was the least of his concerns as his eyes registered movement near the epicenter of the blast. Creeping up, the man with the assault rifle paused to check on Private Lafferty, cursing silently when he he was unable to find her pulse. He had very little time to react to the woman's death however as he was soon puzzled by the fact that there was a woman standing where the blast had been, a woman who should have been splattered all over the walls. Was she one of them? Probably.

"FREEZE!" The Sargent called out to the armored woman, his finger hovering over the trigger, "GET DOWN ON THE GROUND OR I WILL PUT YOU DOWN! WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE? HOW IN THE HELL DID YOU GET IN HERE? HOW IN THE HELL ARE YOU STILL ALIVE?"

All very good questions, ARES. How will you respond?

GM Notes::
FULGORE has entered the repair station. At this point the ARES and the A.I.s are free to do whatever they choose. They can engage in conversation with the Sargent or kill him, his 5 remaining men and the reinforcements that will soon arrive. Feel free to make up any small talk for the Sargent, he's a fairly generic NPC that believes he's detaining dangerous super powered individuals... and no... he doesn't watch much TV otherwise he'd know about ARES.


[1] Katya: HAHA! COCK!
[2] Katya: HOLY SHIT! I didn't know Nadalia was into BDSM! ~Starts hacking into Nadalia's Room's Security Cams~
[3] Katya: What happens in the vivisection room stays in the vivisection rooms!
[4] Katya: HENTAI Units? Did you just fucking make up an acronym for HENTAI? What's next.. tentacles?
[5] Katya: I knew it!! Tentacles!
[6] Katya: HEY THAT LOOKS LIKE THE ONE I JUST GOT! HEY THAT IS THE ONE THAT I JUST GOT! HOW ... ohhh... right... this takes place before I get it.

Escapist Avatar Adventures | Undisclosed Location | Detention Area
Post ARES Blast!
ARES-35 | Dimitri | Viscus

BABOOOOOOOM! Went ARES-35's control collar, sending shrapnel into the room.

"FREEZE!" The Sargent called out to the armored woman, his finger hovering over the trigger, "GET DOWN ON THE GROUND OR I WILL PUT YOU DOWN! WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE? HOW IN THE HELL DID YOU GET IN HERE? HOW IN THE HELL ARE YOU STILL ALIVE?"

All very good questions, ARES. How will you respond?

ARES cracked her neck, not really flinching at the Seargant's threats, though she certainly did answer his questions while cracking her knuckles at the same time, still covered in a pearlescent white coating of hardening fluids which cracked and crumbled away at her neck and shoulders from the blast.

"Ah, right... more questions. What I was doing here was being questioned and examined by your lab personnel. What I am doing here is getting out of here. As for how I got here in the first place, your coworkers wheeled me here upon my detainment where they began examining me. This involved removing both my arms and my legs, asking me questions, and re-attaching them... which wasn't smart on their part. As for "how the hell I'm still alive" I'm not human, if that hasn't come across." she said, before leveling a threat of her own.

"I've had a day, sir. First of all me and my cohorts have spent almost this entire week trying to prevent the efforts of "M. Bison-" disguised as politician Vincent Vega from using his psionic power to brainwash the masses and become president of the united states, launching an orbital strike weapon to orbit the earth and assume total control of everything. You're probably aware of it, it's been all over the news. Beneath MIT was a weapon development lab where they were shipping the parts to NASA to be assembled, Black Mesa was being run by a man named "Albert Wesker" under an alias, and our assault to retrieve that man alive was successful. Earlier today we were just about to complete our work and get out of your hair when you had to step in, detain us, and so forth."

Energetic, electrically crackling beams of energy extended from ARES' wrists as she continued. "That all said, two of our allied AI units have wrested control of your network, so I do hope you weren't overly reliant on your security measures. In roughly... 30 seconds at this point, one of our AI units will activate and wreak havoc on them, probably even turning them against you. I've spent the last couple of hours dismembered, unable to feel my arms and legs. Now, if you were a smart man, you would put your weapon down before you get to know the feeling." I don't want to do anything drastic... but I will. So if you value your life, you'll stay out of my way." She announced, before moving to collect the equipment listed in the text file Dimitri had sent. Of course, she was more than prepared to back up her threat, but...

This all felt... off, to ARES. She'd been programmed with all her ordinance to protect people. Most of that programming went haywire at Black Mesa, but at the same time that simply meant she had to evaluate the situation for herself all the time. The Sergeant in front of her wasn't the only thing in the situation. She did just kill somebody breaking free. Shit, there's been more than a couple of bodies behind her just over the past couple days. In such a regard, she did realize that acting this way is what made it easy for Bison to paint them in a negative way.


"I've answered your questions, now let me ask one of my own. Would you be willing to cut a deal here? It's a really simple proposition. You stay out of our way, and make sure I'm not shot in the next 5 or so minutes, and I'll show you exactly how advanced I am medically. Tell everyone who actually listens to you to stand down, or at very least let me by unscathed... and I'll resuscitate your friend there. I didn't really mean for anyone to be specifically harmed as I broke out of that collar, but that said I'd not be opposed to maintaining that neutral stance."

This person wrote a lot for the briefing, kudos to them

The Rising Dawn | Hangar Command Center:
Kazuya | Angelus | Ruby Babbage-Lovelace | Major Rhodes | Rory | Kalastryn | Slindis |
All other Relevant parties


"No need to tell me twice." Kala replied, rising to her feet after bearing witness to the... "enthusiasm" of Major Rhodes during the briefing.

When she had first arrived back on the airship, she simply assumed she was early. She was going to go to the canteen, R&R for a little bit while everyone else arrived and plans were made to recover their failings but that was clearly not the case. Her allies, her friends being held captive weren't going to wait another minute. She shifted into her vampire form and practically inhaled down the potion Slindis had given her. She wasn't unfamiliar with the concoction. It was a potion made to impart a massive amount of negative energy on whoever imbibed it. For anyone alive then this would be a more efficient method of execution than hemlock ever was. For the undead it might as well have been a curative elixir of legend. Her leg, having healed somewhat during the fuster-cluck of combat scenarios in Denver looked now like it wasn't ever hurt to begin with. The holes in her wings which she bandaged over were completely restored, and all in all, she felt great physically. Mentally, she was a nervous wreck. She had been held hostage by Bison just a little while ago, though if she were to guess, Armstrong's "accommodations" would be even worse. She didn't have room to misstep, and as much as she wanted to break into their location and get them out personally, she had to swallow her pride and admit she would be useful elsewhere.

"I'm nimble enough in the air to get the attention of their anti-air units and survive. You want to give them hell? Very well. I'll rain everything I have upon them, fire, lightning, death itself. As soon as we're set to go, they'll regret being here today. Whenever you're all ready." she nodded with resolve.

Reposting because it's going to become relevant soon-ish. Teri and Caim have been unable to change their allocations as of the plot, but these serve as a refresher for what they have/had available prior to capture. (That and I just put them both in the same place for book keeping on my part.)

The Rising Dawn Adventures

The Escapist Avatar Adventures | The Rising Dawn | Rising Dawn Private Quarters - Ryan's Room
Ryan | Annie | Nina and Phillip

"Hey, don't worry about it. More for me then~" She mused, cracking a smile as she lay on the bed, passively grabbing a loose newspaper for her to look at any coupons that might be there. Although she didn't quite get Annie's reason for not wanting the soup, she wasn't offended either that Annie wouldn't want some.

Phillip on the other hand, had a slight bit more insight into why Annie refuse, or at the very least knew it wasn't 'because I'm not hungry'. He could tell Annie was interested in the soup and as such, he too would give her a motion, which she struck down as well. Regardless Phillip would get the soup ready for Nina and be done with it for the moment.

During her eating time, Nina started finding her current belly lying on the foot of the bed a bit uncomfortable to eat, and as such, she readjusted herself to instead sit there. One leg was tucked underneath her while the other hung off the bed, bracing herself on the floor. A large majority of her hair tumbled off the bed as she looked to Annie to ask her question, and would passively listen while she finished the bit of bread she had left. The comment of "-Some of them may have a strong immunity from Phillip's presence, biologically or even matters of magic-" produced an odd look from Nina however, the wording frankly a bit weird when Annie was talking about a presence. Heck, Ryan had mentioned something similar about some weird feeling too back in the Denver streets, which then brought her thoughts back to Ryan. "Really I'm not sure where I'm going to go from here if Ryan's really going to take that long to get up. I just don't want Phillip to get hurt."

Now what came next could only be described like stepping into a movie half way through it. Obviously Annie had history with the medical staff, both with how she spoke about them, and how Annie didn't want her to tell anyone about Ryan either. Which Nina thought was honestly pretty dumb, which Annie seemed to catch on to pretty quickly saying her piece about Ryan owing her for some unforgivable even. Nina of course wouldn't know what this even was, but given her current train of thought that didn't much matter to her.

"So, I get where you're coming from. Ryan did something dumb and you want him to get better." She stated, leaning over the side of the bed a moment to set her finished mug down on the ground, afterwards looking back to the stoic woman slowly patting her fingertips together. "The way I'm kinda seeing this though, I'm feeling you're kinda going at this the wrong way." She said gingerly, then raised her hands in a surrendering fashion.

"Unfortunately, I feel like I've jumped headlong into the middle of a 20 part series with no context, because you saying 'the medical staff can't be trusted' fills me with why? Ryan said the Rising Dawn was sort of like the Xmen, while the way you're describing it sounds more like Deadpool... Which was also part of Xmen wasn't it... Right?" Nina pondered a moment, plucking her bottom lip with her finger before hand waving it away.

"Anyways the point is, you solely taking care of Ryan is probably a bad idea if he's going to be like this for a long while." Nina said straight forward. "As far as I understand, you don't have medical training, which if all he needs is rest to get better cool, but how do you know that? He still needs to get fed all the time, and water, and speaking of water showers too so he doesn't get dirty, and you gotta make sure he gets moved a bit so he doesn't get bedsores, and make sure he doesn't puke and drown in his sleep." Nina rhyme'd off like some sort of laundry list of activities, then snapped her fingers. "Oh, and poop! This isn't some videogame where that doesn't come up, he is probably definitely at some point going to poop his pants and I am certainly not taking care of that, and neither will Phillip." Even know no audible sound came from Phillip, the recoil alone from that comment was enough of a response.

"And see, I know what you're thinking. "Well Nina can still take care of him.", but to you I respond with." Nina continued, almost arguing with herself at this point, putting in her own interpretation of Annie that to her credit was pretty dignified. "You can't be the only person that knows he's here and still do all the important people saving stuff you do on the Dawn!" She spelled out, karate chopping her own hand as if to punctuate each word. "From what I've gotten so far in the short exchange I had with him, he definitely has the idea of helping people down... fairly well. He fumbled a bit, but whatever. Point is, I can't see him appreciating you staying as his solo caregiver, and not helping other people you could be saving instead. Moreover it's a liability for Ryan since no one would know he's here, what happens if anything happened to you! I'm not even talking about anything major, even just something like a simple trip to get groceries, would leave him open for crazy people jumping through your house! Regardless of your thoughts about the staff, your plan isn't a very good alternative either!"

"Unless I get info to say the otherwise, you sounding a whole heck of a lot like my mother and vaccines, and ooooh boy is that a fun migraine to have, let me tell you." Nina concluded, probably not the best articulated rebuttal, but she felt her point had been gotten across. Regardless of Annie's feelings, leaving Ryan solely to herself in this state was showing some serious hubris that was just asking for the oodles of gods that seemed to be walking around here to fiddle with. She also wasn't underestimating Annie's capacity to achieve this goal of her's either, but today was showing that if bad things can happen, they will probably try in spectacular and unpredictable fashion, and putting one's eggs in one basket was not a smart plan.

"Attention Crew. Please report to the main hanger for briefing."

Nina looked up to the disembodied voice of the speakers as the group was assembled, obviously the call didn't matter to her, and she figured Annie didn't care about it either, but she thought she might as well ask. "We're gonna be ignoring that I assume?"

The Rising Dawn | Hangar Command Center:
Kazuya | Angelus | Ruby Babbage-Lovelace | Major Rhodes | Rory | Kalastryn | Slindis |
All other Relevant parties

...One for the dramatics I see... Rugal thought to himself as the briefing finished, not exactly pleased with the tone the Major had chosen to take but it was hardly inaccurate: He did fail in his duties and it was well deserved.
During the presentation, he glanced over to Kazuya, who had wisely decided to retire from the scene, giving his men instructions ("If they tell you to jump, ask how high.") but opting out of any more involvement in what was most likely the greatest military failure of his entire life.
With Kalastryn's announcement of going on the Anti-Anti Air team, he stepped forward and said "I'll be with the Extraction team then. I should be able to ensure the team's safety in close quarters...That and I'm certain Teri would be relieved to see me..."

Not long after, the agent known as Ghost soon spoke up, totally not just after sneaking in during the speech.
*TSK* "Alright, guess I'll go with the assault team once those AA installations are down. many of these "Angels" are we sending in or are they just for show?..." *TSK!* He asked in a somewhat jeering manner while the Doctor of Doom merely rose his hand as if in a classroom and asked "....ummmm, what can Doom do?"
*TSK* "Go back to his cell and let the grown-ups handle this mess? Man, get out of my sight before I get have a mind to finish what Kazuya started. This is a military operation, not the fucking Special Olympics..." *TSK* The Agent then snapped before wandering over to his equipment locker, getting loaded up and ready to go

((Working on other posts, honest))

The Rising Dawn | Medical Bay:
Jenny | Chrysalis | Dr. Violet | Anyone I didn't list

It had been a rather tense evening for Jenny, fresh off a days in World Marshall "Employment" and looking rather worse for wear.
While her body wasn't too heavily augmented compared to most Cyborgs, it still made her treatment a bit harsher on her body all the same.
A few internal devices were removed while she was "Disconnected" and there was word that she might need a cane for the rest of her days.
Thus, as she laid there, staring at the ceiling, she longed for something to take her mind off this...

It was about this time that she saw someone who looked like a black woman get put into a cot beside her own.
She fixated on the woman for a moment, thinking that she didn't look like Staff or any crew member she knew, what happened to her? how did she get there?
Pangs of guilt spurred her to sit up, wincing rather intensely as she did so.
After all, she was used was a weapon by Armstrong's men, what if this was someone that she hurt.
Leaning over to the other patient, she reached out to nudge her asking "Hey....Hello?...Can you hear me?..."

While this was happening, a pair of annoyed looking guards began to drag a rather crazed looking Dr. Violet along the ground towards one of the soundproof wards.
Diana's spells and Miia's "Assault on his senses" left him a twitching mess as his hair dye leaked from his sliver hair whist rambling about "potatoes on people's body" and "They were in my face" and so forth.
The guards were just glad they had broken any other would-be heirs to the company, happily tossing him in a ward before locking him inside.

Escapist Avatar Adventures | Airship: Rising Dawn | The Hanger Command Center
Is it cold enough for Revenge yet?
Rory Mercury | Ruby Babbage-Lovelace | Angelus | Diana | Doom | Kazuya Mishima | Naamah | Major Rhodes Selmy | Slindis

Before the Briefing

Were Rory a mere mortal, rather than an Oracle to the God of Death, it was within the realm of imagining that Naamah's sudden and feverish embrace might have, at best, caused some light bruising or, at worst, caused a few broken rips and internal bleeding. Despite the immortal demi-goddess' ability to shrug off even the most severe of life threatening injury, she was not immune to being surprised or being startled by the violently exuberant hug.

"YES INDEED, YES INDEED!" Naamah screamed "Love is so sweet, yes indeed! Hearts intertwined, locked together, beating as one! Humanity is born to love for self and for others! Yes ineed!"

Like a constrictor, like two atoms being fused together, the Black and Crimson Clad Berserker felt the space between her and her companion growing ever so smaller and the capacity of her lungs getting equally as small. If Naamah was expecting a response from Rory, she was going to have to wait since even Demi-Goddesses weren't immune to the laws of physics and needed to fill their lungs with air in order to speak.

"Ummm... Miss Naamah" A young and familiar voice chimed in from the side, slightly muffled by two pump mounds of flesh in front of her mouth, "I don't think that Miss Rory's face is supposed to be that color."

"HUFFFFFFFFFF!" Came the sudden intake of air into the freshly released lungs of the former blue faced loli-goth former love goddess, who simply smiled at her companion, putting finger to lips as the briefing started.


After the Briefing

"(That was certainly a lively briefing)" Rory Mercury thought to herself as she waiting for Major Rhodes to climb down from the briefing stage that she'd used to present the assault briefing. The plan was simply enough for even a fool to follow, though there was no doubt that there was at least more than one fool present for the plans that the Major had outlined. Looking out from the slightly lower dais, a look of disapproval crossed the War Goddess' face when she realized that there were a number of crew members absent from the meeting. Were these members too consumed with their own affairs to be concerned with the welfare of their comrades or were they something else.

Having placed Naamah on the ground next to her, the Black Haired Berserker was able to pay full attention to the meeting, admiring the efficiency at which the Major had delivered her impassioned words, though unlike a certain First Lieutenant from Rory's past, there was a certain amount of vengeance fueled blood thirstiness. Were they back in the Special Region, there was no doubt that Palapon, the God of Revenge, would have given this woman her blessing or, perhaps, offered her a place by his side as his Oracle.

With the briefing ended, the three battle groups started to form. As one of those who was to take part in the prison assault and rescue mission, Rory waited for the Major who was also taking part in inevitably bloody incursion (blood splatter being inevitable whenever Rory was involved).

"A noble speech, Major Rhodes," The Former Goddess of Love commented, "I'd almost forgotten how impassioned the people of your world can get prior to battle, especially when given proper cause."

It had been a widely held view by those in control of the Empire that the people of Japan were weak due to the care that they showed for their citizens. No government with an army powerful enough to withstand the might of the Imperial Army could possibly be concerned about their civilian population. Their beliefs were soon corrected when the JSDF mounted raids on various occasions to rescue not only enslaved Japanese citizens but to rescue their captured ally, Princess Pina Colada. It was this desire to protect, not conquer, that seemed allowed the soldiers of this world to persevere.

"Auntie Rhodes is going to make sure that those men down there are never going to be able to hurt anyone like they did with Miss Dolly... Loli," Ruby said as she walked next to the Major, seemingly more mature than possible for someone of her age.

"You should stay aboard this ship, little one," The Demi-Goddess said, kneeling in front of Ruby. While there was a tone of respect and admiration for a child that would risk her life, even Emloy frowned upon the senseless death of a child, "It would be much safer for you."

"Nu uh. You and Auntie Rhodes'll keep me safe and I can help you get through the maze when we get there." The nine-year old girl in the pink dress responded, shaking her head.

"And you are going to allow this?" The Demi-Goddess of Death asked the Major before turning to Naamah, "As for you, friend Naamah, are you coming with me as well?"

Escapist Avatar Adventures | Undisclosed Location | Weapon's Storage
Ross' Raiders' First Day...
ARES-35 | Dimitri | Viscus versus Gunnery Sargent Percival Ross and The Raiders

Had Gunnery Sargent Percival Ross been aware that he'd been assigned to guard patients belonging to a Inpatient Medical Facility for the Criminally insane, he would have been a bit more prepared to contend with the fact that the patients held onto their delusions as though they were fact. He would have been prepared to explain to the woman standing in front of him that she was, in fact human and that anything contrary to that belief was a misfiring of her synapses. However, he could not ignore the fact that the woman appeared to be wearing a full suit of combat capable armor nor the fact that she was standing in the epicenter of the blast that had claimed the lives of two of his men... nor could he explain just how she was causing energy to dance from her wrists ever so dangerously, causing the Sargent to swallow nervously.

Gunnery Sargent Ross was in charge of a group of contractors that had taken part in more than a few skirmishes in the past, taking part in conflicts in places where the populations walked miles down unpaved roads to get to communal wells or where the more popular family names ended in -ov. While the money had been good, Ross and his Raiders had gotten rather tired of the merc business since it seemed like the shit usually hit the fan the day Ross' Raiders landed and so they had decided on a milk run, sub-contracted guard work with World Marshall. Ross was totally and completely unsurprised that there was now a prison wide riot on his first day.

Despite all the piss poor luck Ross' Raiders had with their contracts, he'd never lost a man until today and here was some bright and bubbly bitch woman saying that she could bring them back from the dead? He was unamused by this.

"Lady... if this is some sort of joke that you're trying to pull on me, it's not funny." The Gunnery Sargent muttered, his rifle still pointed at the woman's center of mass, watching as the woman pulled a few weapons from the shelves that even Bull, the group's strong man, would have had trouble carrying, "To be blunt, even if everything you were saying was true, about M. Bison masquerading around as a politician and trying to become president by controlling the world by enhancing his psychic powers through the use of NASA satellites and MIT, what makes you think that the public would even have allowed him to get into that sort of position in the first place? I've heard of the guy, never met him personally, but based on what's been circulated, he's not the brightest bulb in the box and it would take someone with more than four braincells to see through any sort of disguise that the former dictator could come up with. That's not to mention that he's pretty much wanted by every sort of law enforcement agency on the planet for a varying assortment of war crimes and human rights abuses. That's not even taking into account that the guy's masquerading around as a Senator and not one hack with political aspirations has decided to dig into Vincent Vegas' past and found out that the name is an alias and demanded proof of citizenship. So it's a bit hard for me to think that the entire world would be dense enough to buy into a plot that sounds like it was lifted from a James Bond Porn Parody."

Despite the fact that there were more than enough reasons why Ross could simply dismiss the woman's claims, there was still the underlying fact that the worm being dangled in front of the Sargent was quite a plump and juicy one. She was offering the lives of his men.

"Fine... you've hired me and my men for five minutes. The way things are going, it doesn't look like we'll be collecting a paycheck any time soon for this gig. BUT if you so much as make a move on any of my men or deliver what you promised," Sargent Percy said lowering his rifle, "I'm going to send this armor piercing tungsten slug flying at 3000 m/s through your body."

Turning to his men he started barking orders, before moving to cover the door. Seconds passed before the sound of gunfire echoed down the corridor. Seemed that even after being hired by ARES, Ross and his men couldn't catch a break.

Escapist Avatar Adventures | Undisclosed Location | Weapon's Storage
"If you're smart, your first day on this job will be your last."
ARES-35 | Dimitri | Viscus versus Gunnery Sargent Percival Ross and The Raiders

"Fine... you've hired me and my men for five minutes. The way things are going, it doesn't look like we'll be collecting a paycheck any time soon for this gig. BUT if you so much as make a move on any of my men or deliver what you promised," Sargent Percy said lowering his rifle, "I'm going to send this armor piercing tungsten slug flying at 3000 m/s through your body."

"To be honest, from an outside perspective I wouldn't have believed a word out of my mouth on the subject. Not that it isn't the case, but I agree it sounds a bit absurd, putting it lightly. Bison is an idiot, if you should ask me. Though, he's an idiot who has a talent for finding much brighter people to associate with. That said, I don't know about you, but I only strike bargains I intend to keep." ARES replied, and while her would-be mercenary executioner decided to be a smart man and not fire at the currently bullet reflecting ARES.

For the next three or so minutes, ARES was knelt down on both knees, here eyes closed. If Mr. Ross had decided to take a moment to look in at ARES, he'd probably be surprised by the mechanical appendages with welders and clamps springing out of an area on her back that was flung wide open, stripping her out of her armor and placing a new set in it's place. This one was quite different from all her others. The armoring it possessed was probably akin to Kevlar across her arms, legs, and torso. However, other than on her knees, feet, hands, elbows, and back... there was a distinct lack of metal. That isn't to say it didn't have something impressive about it, but the biotech frame wasn't at all made to be a jack of all trades. It was a master at one, which is keeping people alive. That would mean as far as defenses, attack power etc. it was probably the frame in which she was the most vulnerable. There were may things this suit was not suited for, but it would be hard to match up to it in what it is capable of.

There were roughly two minutes left to go when a pneumatic hiss came from ARES as the mechanical arms receded to where they belonged, her joints unlocked, and she was able to move. And move she did, quite quickly in fact, not wanting at this stage to anger the Sergeant in the next room if she didn't have to.

Kneeling down and Examining the body she decided she was going to resuscitate, it didn't look great... shrapnel was not exactly a great thing to contend with. There were more entry wounds than exit wounds, which meant that at least some of the sharp metal bits of ARES' control collar were still embedded in Ms. Lafferty's corpse. This was never a good thing. Even if said pieces of metal were embedded in non-vital organs, once revitalized Private Lafferty would be in excruciating pain as the everyday biological processes the human body goes through would have to perform those tasks around the shrapnel. This... often proved deadly, as movement from muscles and organs could shift the metal around into something that without a doubt matters to keep the body running. Fishing all of that out of the Private was going to be the first priority. At least her body was still warm, so she'd have gone through minimal if any decay yet.

Stretching out her right hand, flipping it upwards so that the palm aligned with her wrist, a hole opened in her palm to drop some white canister to the floor. Turning it upside down and flipping a switch, it then began to hum and release a cloudy black mist. If one were to look at the contents of it under a microscope, thousands of nanobots were dispersed throughout, and wherever it landed on the Private's body, their purpose was made abundantly clear. The spilled blood coating Private Lafferty seemed to be slowly flowing back into her body as the nanobots herded to the surface wounds of the Private's body and diving into her blood stream. Shrapnel began to seemingly pull itself mostly out of Lafferty's wounds and protrude long enough for ARES to pull them out by hand.

ARES, at this current moment, was functionally blind. Not that her eyes didn't work, but rather, every nanobot that activated was sending a real time video feed straight to ARES' vision, showing ARES their progress. This was good insofar as seeing what she was dealing with, but terrible at letting her see her surroundings. It was like trying to view your desktop through 800 overlapping message windows. Though, with what she could see, the miniature mechanical medics inside the Private had extracted nearly everything, and the newest ones to land on Lafferty stopped carrying what very little blood cells that weren't already relocated back inside.

Now knowing that all the shrapnel in the body in front of her was removed, the nanobots began hardening themselves, linking together like threads of a rope and looping themselves like thread and sutures to close and bandage the wounds left on Lafferty's body. At the end of it all, it still wasn't exactly a perfect recovery. Hell, even having effectively reclaimed about 97.86% of the blood lost from the neck mounted grenade ARES set off, those scars weren't going to heal themselves very soon...

However, while it wasn't a pretty sight, it would be functional enough to hold the Private together at least. Which was all well and good, since the process left her with precious little time to actually revive Lafferty, about 30 seconds. Sergeant Percival Ross would likely step back in the room with his rifle at the ready, only to find that ARES had much a different look to her. Even the blades of energy which Sergeant Ross was threatened with were formed very differently. Instead of two long blades, one in each hand, they were like the knife tips of a scalpel protruding from her fingernails. With one swift stroke, she made an incision in his fallen comrade, and the mist of nanobots went for it almost entirely together. It was almost as if her chest cavity had just sucked air in like a smoker with their mouth on a cigarette. These nanomachines threaded together around Lafferty's heart, and began to constrict it, and then slack... and repeated this process to simulate a heartbeat until her own vital processes rebooted.

Flipping the canister and turning it off, the lingering mist in the air slowly drifted out of sight, carried away by- and likely disengaging within, the ventilation system. Standing up and addressing Sergeant Ross, she concluded."Hmph. My old employers used to think we were so different... I don't see how. The human body is like a biological machine in a way. All it's parts working together like gears in clockwork to make you function. She's not exactly awake yet, but her heart's beating and she's in stable condition. She'll live, provided you can get out of here before worse occurs to one of you.

Think it strange all you want, I do have to apologize for hurting your friend there. It wasn't my intention, all I wanted was to get my restraints off. Pretty inhumane to line control collars with explosives, you think? That said, looking over the files on the personnel your employers did manage to capture... I've got rescue coming, in addition to the riot. Of course I don't know that for sure, but it's not like the crowd I associate with to leave anyone behind. It would be rather wise to make yourselves scarce as soon as possible." she advised. Turning to the storage shelves and collecting the last of the gear attached in Dimitri's message.

Location: Bow Hangar Array | Rising Dawn
White iris' for resting spirits.

Major Rhodes Selmy

"If the child wishes to fight then I have no right to deny the yearning of her spirit," Rhodes answered. She turned toward the open hangar doors. The wind billowing in swept her hair into a frantic dance reminiscent of the clash of a cat o' nine tails. She put her hands into her pockets and leaned back to look at Rory. "Whatever providence I can get, I will take. This world is too harsh to pass up any opportunities." She closed her eyes and motioned toward the sea of clouds basking in moonlight. "This is the world, my small friend. And it will welcome our coming with open arms. Under my blessing, Ruby shall come to no harm."

Naamah tapped her staff on the ground twice. She leaned on the old wood staff and swayed gently with the breeze. The jewelry that adorned her hips jingled lightly as she moved. Her eyes were closed, as if she were sleeping. "Naamah has no quarrel with those below, yes indeed." She pursed her lips, "Naamah's role is to observe and record. Naamah only acts when Naamah's Solomon bids Naamah act. Otherwise she should not become to intertwined with the strings of karmic destiny." There was a small pause as she stood up on the balls of her feet, as if trying to taste the very wind on her lips. "Yes indeed. Naamah needs to stay here and prepare to witness a great change in the threads of fate. An event looms on the horizon like a mountain. Dark, immense, and inescapable. It tastes frightening."

Rhodes chuckled, "I did not know you had the Wife of the Good King herself on board." She seemed to only be half-joking. "This is great providence indeed. Let it be known then, anisa, with you two we cannot fail! Not when the very eyes of King Solomon's bride watches us so graciously!"

The Rising Yawn - Corridor
Eddie the Dead

He hated time travel.

For most people, a meeting with their future self is an extraordinary, nearly impossible circumstance. More often than not, it was not an actual meeting with their actual other-time selves, but rather, a meeting with a self from an alternate reality, which was similar enough to be mistaken as their own reality, but not quite the same. Time travel thus was not truelly time travel, but rather dimension hopping. The rules of time are strict, and as most beings are bound by it, they are bound in a fundamental level to its rules.

But he was a being outside of time, unrestricted by its laws, free of their limitations. Needless to say, this was not the first time the timeless rocker had met himself from a different time.

Most unfortunate, then, that every other time it had happened brought grim tidings.

Time travel was by its nature a hastle, its very involvement in jobs meant ill days approached. Though he was unbound by time's limitations, he was nonetheless subject to its complications, and so every action taken must first be fully considered and analysed. To do that, rather than focus his perception of time up a single, 'present' instant, he would need to instead broaden it from point A (which would be the point upon which he would need to travel in time) to point B(which would be the point from which he jumped from.) and everything inbetween and after, and fully analyse the consequences of each individual action from there. Otherwise he would be stuck in a nearly endless loop of trial and error until he got the desired effect. And, of course, there was always the meeting with his future self, which almost always went as it did in this instance: Lots of cryptic words but no actual substance.

By Luck, did he ever hate time travel.

The imp had already buggered off by the time Eddie had fully assessed the situation. Today it just kept getting better and better it seemed. First he was tricked into his assignment, then the promise he made to the kids, followed by the stupid pastry business which reminded him why counting on mortals is synonimous to disappointment, the return home only to find the promise broken by the children and his efforts in vain, then there was the talk with his patron and her dreadful foreshadowing, and now this. Not one break to be had, one unfortunate circumstance after the other.

He stared at the ceiling, with a look that said "You're laughing at me, aren't you?"

And so, with a deep breath, Eddie walked his way back to the canteen, only to be met with another nasty surprise: his ward wasn't there. In her stead, he was greeted by a drunk with pieces of glass stuck on his head. Said drunk managed to set a new record for quickest three strikes: Fifteen seconds, three sentences, twenty-two words. Already in ill mood, Eddie without a word grabbed a bottle of wine from the nearest table and smashed it on his face so quick and hard that it sent the man flying in the impact's opposite direction, doing two full circles before landing on his face.

In that small rage-fuelled explosion, Eddie had an epiphany. Why should he spend every single moment of his precious time babysitting that little brat? it was gonna be years before she came of age, and since his future self was still on the job, it meant that he hadn't to worry about the girl walking into her death.

So to hell with it, he thought. He had already devoted enough of his time for her in one day, and in both instances was awarded with squat. The girl didn't deserve his full attention, and he still have all the time in the world to nurture her into bartending. It was thus time for some Eddie time, Eddie felt like spending this time on a much more interesting person. Peering into the All-song, he located her part of the melody, and with a single step walked through time and space a few ounces away from her location, in front of her room. Knocking before entering, Eddie took note of his coat hanging along other clothes, and put it on.

"It's me," he said as he did, "I've come to check how yer doin'." He took a peak into the bathroom, liked what he saw, and leaned on the bathroom door, grinning.

"Ya know, people of this world usually bathe with their underwear off. Not that I'm complaining." His face hardened, and he took a more serious tone. "How are you adjusting? I saw you got yourself a new pair of clothes. I take it the crew hasn't given you trouble?"

The Rising Dawn | Crew Quarters

Oh nooooo...

"-ngar for briefing."


"-e main hangar for briefing."


"Attention Crew. Please report to the main hangar for briefing."

Barbas slipped off the vacant bunk and dropped to the floor with the grace of a freshly evicted flounder. He went splat.

BLEHHH! Never be teleported on a full stomach.

Rising one leg at a time, he dragged himself in the direction of what must be the washroom. Hopefully nobody on the ship's crew had spotted the creature from the barf lagoon; with any luck the mess would be blamed on beings from another world.

The message had piqued his curiosity. Since he appeared to be stuck here for the time being, why not? Surely it couldn't entail anything more unpleasant than what he'd already suffered on the way here, he hoped, shivering under the cooling blast from the taps. Sheesh, it was like Coldharbour in here.

He paused briefly, considering the last thought.

No, it definitely isn't that bad. At least this place didn't have three-armed, argh, no, why that memory, argh.

Screwing shut his eyelids and concentrating hard on forgetting his most recent time in the umbral plains, the shaggy hound padded toward the hangar.

Escapist Avatar Adventures | Undisclosed Location | Weapon's Storage
ARES-35 | Dimitri | Viscus versus Gunnery Sargent Percival Ross and The Raiders

[Just...Great...] The AI thought to himself as his dreaded countdown finally finished, looking rather on edge and twitchy within the tablet as he watched his chance to finally get some revenge on the race of meat-sacks that had tormented him for so very long.
But no, there was no one resisting and the ones that were ARES was able to talk out of hostilities.
This seemed to anger the AI, he was looking forward to being "Let loose" off the binds he had spent much of his existence in for the last few months.
Well...there was nothing he could do about it, but seeing how the timer had finished, it was time to make good on his promise.
Using the Cameras and research logs, he began to scan though countless files on all the Androids they had in stor-

[...Target Acquired] :)

The AI's mood finally was lifted as it then transferred himself into a Rather Advanced Power Suit, instantly feeling back at home inside one of his original armors.
The armor quickly sprang to life, hovering off the rack before marching right past all the Soldiers and frightened staff.
[Viscus Mark 3. Armor : Online : I *live* again!] He blared without any modesty before making his way to the equipment section, keen to resupply his weapon systems and perhaps pick up a few upgrades.

dis dude contributed too.

Texas Joker 52:
This person wrote some stuff. :3

Escapist Avatar Adventures | Undisclosed Location | Detention Area
M.Bison | B.C. | Bruiser | Caim | David | Ghost of King Leoric | Mio | Nadalia | Shadow/Agent |Teri | versus - FULGORE | Prison Guards | [unknown]

".......huh...I-...really wasn't expecting that to work...Want me to do yours next or..."

Caim would have slapped David at that moment. He really wanted to. He was practically dying to, in light of the events that had just occurred; after all - it's not often that a man confesses to dating one's sister and then do something so horrendously, borderline-suicidally stupid...then again, that was David West for you. Caim grabbed David by the scruff of his shirt, pulled him close and very pointedly mouthed, "We will need to talk. Later. Don't die" before the Irish gunman was unceremoniously dropped back on his feet. Caim tilted his head to allow for David's little "back-alley" collar removal procedure, his eyes closing in anticipation of a bullet misfiring and entering his neck, blood spilling out as he cursed an idio-*BANG!*

The gun went off, and the remnants of the collar were on the ground. With it's destruction, however, Caim could feel the sensation of fire in his veins singing once again, Angelus' mind tugging in the back of his. He smiled, the connection no longer blocked and absently 'reached' for her. The stifling silence from that a moment past was now gone, and in it's place was an incarnation of fire and smoke; of burning vengeance - he'd see her again soon. Caim waved off for David to rejoin the group and dashed for Nadalia, the oncoming steam making it harder and harder to see. Finding the Bride of Ash, Caim jerked her shoulder with a free hand and animatedly gestured towards the direction of the little group growing by the other end of the hall. Not receiving much of a response in return, the Warrior gave an audible sigh and shook his head before diving back into the fog caused by the steam.


Following being dragged down the hallway by Mio, Teri tried to gasp out a "Wait!" or "Hold on!" to her friend, but to no avail - she was already pulled along, Bruiser, Bison, David and Caim (the last two missing their collars) joining. The most notable, however, was that there was a young woman sauntering over to the group. She was clad in a very brightly colored bikini, wavy blonde hair and a cocksure grin. In a very nonchalant manner, the young woman had fired a burst with one of the Guard's weapons at one of the staff, bringing them down in a heap of metal, blood and oil in a manner of ease - one that reminded Teri of the mute in their party. Were it not for the prison setting, the young Cleric would have sworn she had walked straight off a beach looking for some fun; which brought her attention to the most notable aspect about her - the lack of a collar. It was then that the sprinklers came on, dousing Nadalia's flames and creating a heavy mist; the sounds of additional mechanical reinforcements filled the air and an idea hatched in the Cleric's thoughts. Pulling herself away from Mio's grip, the Cleric ran to the strange young woman, her eyes pleading as she stammered out, "Excuse me - I don't mean to be rude, but some crazy shit is going down, and I really need you to get this collar off me. Do that and I'll help you get out - I know magic and I'm a healer."

The Space Convict's smile didn't so much as dim for an instant as she turned to look at the woman who stepped forward first. She looked pretty rough and tumble herself, having wrapped her hands in rags presumably so that she could punch something without hurting herself so much. The fact that she mentioned that she used magic and can heal people though was weird, but really, it was par-for-the-course for the way the day was turning out. After all, less than an hour ago she was sharing a cell with a ghost and their boxed-up remains, said ghost turned into a giant mace-wielding skeleton, and some chick turned the halls into a furnace before popping in a big-ass knight. Weird was kind of understating today.

"Sure, gimme a sec and I'll get that collar off-a ya." she said with an almost sing-song tone to her sultry voice.

Taking a few steps closer, she bent down a little to get a better look at the collar and, fingers of one hand dancing over the surface, it popped off with a click, along with a slow series of beeps. Bending to pick it up, she ignored the rapidly increasing beeps and threw it in the direction that power-armored asshole had gone after his cloak malfunctioned.

When the collar came off, the Cleric gasped like a drowning man tasting air for the first time. Hands grasping at a now free neck, the young woman rasped "Thank you" to B.C. as she began to feel the previously suppressed effects return to her. The sound of water rushed in her ears, and a happy, kind, sorely missed sensation began to grow. It started in her chest, and spread from the top of her head to the tips of her toes. It was a gentle warmth, akin to getting a hug from someone after they've been away on a long trip, or having a cup of hot cocoa after a rainy day. The love that the Cleric feared was lost was never gone - it's aftereffects were merely suppressed, held down by a cruel device.

It's first manifestation was in her Aura, shooting outward in an invisible field 15 feet around the Cleric. Those caught in it's path began to feel their wounds closing; the nasty effects of fatigue and bruising melting away and being replaced with a warmth in their bones. The next step, was when the Cleric grabbed BC's hand and gently tugged her along to the rest of the group. Calling over her shoulder with a nervous edge in her voice, she began with, "Thanks again! I-I'm Teri, by the way. You'll learn everyone else's name soon enough, I'm sure!"

After she pulled BC closer to the main party, the Cleric's eyes darted about to figure out what to do next. Her aura was good, but trouble was coming in on mechanical tentacles, and they needed to be ready to wade into melee - at least, some of them were. Scanning over their heaviest hitters, the first set of chants came easily enough. The familiarity of a healing incantation filled the Cleric's mind, and even without her holy symbol, this was one that was able to be cast. Point to the members of the group that were more of an "in your face" inclination (read: Caim, Bison, Bruiser, and Mio), another surge of healing energy filled them as she called out, "Oh, Lord - I call to thee, grant these warriors four your Vigor!" In a manner akin to the Aura, the bodies of those affected noted a sudden OOMPH in their wounds, Bruiser and Bison's being the most notable in closing up after their abuse in the cells. However, this was not the end of the Cleric's work. With the water raining down on all of them, another idea hatched in her mind. Mio, while showing prowess with her blade, was probably the most "mundane" of the group in the Cleric's eyes, and after showing such care for her well being, Teri saw fit to try and pay back the favor. Waving a hand over the wet blade, Mio's sword gained an icy shimmer, almost as if she had left it in the frost overnight. With a smile at her handiwork, Teri gave Mio a weary smile, "It'll last for about half a minute, make it count!"

Spell slinging! Teri dropped two buffs - for Caim, Bison, Bruiser, and Mio, they get Lesser Vigor, Mass. What this does is that those affected get fast healing 1, enabling them to heal 1 hit point per round until the spell ends and automatically becoming stabilized if it begins dying from hit point loss during that time. Think of it like a weaker version of her aura, only they don't need to stick close to her. It lasts for 18 rounds (114 seconds/ 1 minute 54 seconds). Because of Augment Healing, the first "round" gives 7 points of healing, the rest being at 1 point per round.

Mio, however, gets an additional buff. Frost Weapon - which is exactly what it sounds like; it grants a magical ice magic effect to her sword. Lasts for 48 seconds.

Time till next 2nd level spell - 18 seconds
Time till next 3rd level spell - 24 seconds

Escapist Avatar Adventures | Undisclosed Location | Weapon's Storage
With Assistance from Bluerocker
Gunnery Sargent Percival Ross and The Raiders | ARES-35 | Dimitri | Viscus

If it had been the goal of the Rising Dawn crew members to not only avoid a conflict with Ross' Raiders but also impress them, both ARES-35 and Viscus could consider their objectives completed. The sound of armor piercing explosive tungsten slugs breaking the sound barrier echoed down the hallway for roughly four minutes and forty-five seconds as Sargent Ross maintained a perimeter around the room, not so much for ARES' and Viscus' sake so much as his desire to keep his men and women from being ripped limb from limb by a horde of angry extra-dimensional beings.

"What in the fuck is that?" a soldier by the name of Ramirez blurted out in disbelief before firing an ineffective salvo of automatic fire at the ten foot tall, lizard-like, bipedal horned demon with the razor sharp claws. The creature roared in annoyance before getting hit in the head by one of Sargent Ross' MAC rounds.

"Maintain the perimeter, Ram," The Sargent ordered before re-entering the weapon's storage room just in time to watch as the "human-looking non-human woman" somehow managed to massage Private Lafferty's heart back to life. The woman coughed loudly as she sucked air into her lungs for the first time in ten minutes. Comparing the private's previously terminal status to her current one, the unlucky Sargent was rather thankful that he had opted to negotiate with the female humanoid rather than shoot her on sight, as were his standing orders, his thankfulness doubling upon spotting the matte grey power suit, Viscus, that entered the room, keen on grabbing as much tech as he could.

"[Viscus Mark 3. Armor : Online : I *live* again!]" It blared loudly, making a grand entrance.

"What's this world coming to when a woman claims not to be human and a robot claims to live..." Sargent Percy muttered to himself as he eyed the woman that had saved Private Lafferty's life.

"Hmph. My old employers used to think we were so different... I don't see how. The human body is like a biological machine in a way. All it's parts working together like gears in clockwork to make you function. She's not exactly awake yet, but her heart's beating and she's in stable condition. She'll live, provided you can get out of here before worse occurs to one of you." The armored woman stated in a rather neutral manner.

Between you and I, dear reader, this wasn't going to be the last time ARES and the crew of the Rising Dawn would run into Percival Ross and Ross' Raiders, but at that point in time, a future encounter seemed rather questionable given what was unfolding around the prison. While the prison guards had been able to suppress the uprising in some of the cell blocks, namely the ones that contained creatures that couldn't breathe outside of their own atmosphere or ones that contained beings that were inherently pacifistic, others had grown out of control.

"This is all pretty strange but..." Ross started to say before being interrupted.

"Think it strange all you want, I do have to apologize for hurting your friend there. It wasn't my intention, all I wanted was to get my restraints off. Pretty inhumane to line control collars with explosives, you think? That said, looking over the files on the personnel your employers did manage to capture... I've got rescue coming, in addition to the riot. Of course I don't know that for sure, but it's not like the crowd I associate with to leave anyone behind. It would be rather wise to make yourselves scarce as soon as possible." ARES advised pragmatically.

Percival Ross signed the weary and tired sigh. Another job that he had chosen where the employer wouldn't be able to pay him, however, there was something of even bigger importance than his own survival on the line.

"Can't do that." Sargent Ross stated in a rather flat manner, "If what you're saying is true, that the prison is under full scale riot, that means that we've got thousands of beings that have been treated the same way as you and your friends, meaning we've got thousands of beings that are rather angry and once they finish tearing this facility apart, I don't think that they're going to stop."

Ross paused for a moment to let his meaning set in. If kidnapped extra-dimensional beings took control of the prison, given their relative isolation from the remainder of the population, it was highly unlikely that they would differentiate between the World Marshall and the World at large.

"So... either we've got to secure the prison or..." Ross paused again, this time for an entirely different reason.

"Do you hear that singing?" He asked loudly.

"Singing...? I can search for sources of audio in the immediate vicinity..." Dimitri's disembodied voice responded as he began to scan the hallways, "Subjects detected. Displaying on screen now."

"Oh that's just wonderful." Ross said as he viewed just about the cutest little robots ever conceived, each one holding a turret in their blade-like arms.

GM's Note::


EVE Specs:
Armor: Titanium Alloy
- Hidden Arm Mounted Plasma x2 (Long Range)
- Blade Arms x2 (Short Range) - Robot's torso will begin spinning very fast when in use.

Avatar Adventures | The Rising Dawn | Canteen/Hangar
Diana | Others

As the crew was called to the hangar for briefing, Diana thought about joining them or not joining them for a while. Her feet carried her towards the hangar however. Still, she was lazy enough to come in well after Major Rhodes speech had already started, and as furious and impressive it was, Diana still just yawned. Another change in leadership? It was odd.

After hearing the assignments however, Diana decided to join in the mission, because of one thing and one thing only: Being allowed to just destroy. And what better part for her to play than joining the anti-air team, to directly target the ones responsible for her long delay in the previous encounter.

Her lips still red, she joined the group, without saying anything.

Avatar Adventures | Undisclosed Location | Secure Cell Block: Designation A-Class
Mio | Teri | B.C.M.Bison | Bruiser | Caim | David | Ghost of King Leoric | Nadalia | Shadow/Agent | versus - FULGORE | Prison Guards | [unknown]

"Why hello there! I hope you don't mind, but I overheard that you all are planning on gettin' outta here. Mind if I... Tag along?" a female voice sounded from behind Mio. She turned immediately, and froze. This was ... hot. Before her stood a very lightly clothed young woman with a sultry grin. "The name's Bombshell Carrie! Pleased to meetcha!"

Mio raised her arm as a greeting, before realizing she still had the sword in it, and lowering it again. She grinned back, however, clearly looking B.C over several times. "Someone like you always can tag along, Bombshell." she answered, before Teri spoke to her, asking her to take off the collar. Which she did, in a gracious manner. At least in Mio's mind.

"You can take mine off, too. Don't hold back! Fondle it off me!" she said, after this was done. "I mean, I would like the accessoire, but only if it would not have a chance of exploding."

In the meantime, Teri was able to use her healing magic again, and Mio felt it, mostly in her previously injured legs. She led out a pleased sigh. "Ahh, you are better than I thought, Teri." she said. "I feel warm and fuzzy near you. I wish this would never e ..."

Right then, someone shot at the group, but not having any good aim in this place, blatantly missed. As far as Mio could tell, it was a soldier, who now fumbled to get his sword out instead, hoping it would give him an edge. In the meantime, Teri waved her hand over Mio's sword, whose eye glimmered as she saw what she did. "It'll last for about half a minute, make it count!"

"Thank you!" Mio called out, as she rushed towards the guard, of course taking another glance at B.C. before arriving in front of him. Now, he had armor, but his weapon training seemed much insufficient as Mio fought him straight, one-on-one. She seemed to dance around him and around his blows, only getting scratches, which healed instantly. Her own hits were far fewer, but every time she hit, she seemed to find a weak spot in the guard's armor. Of course, every time she hit the guard also got slower, the freezing blade doing its effect.

Finally, she gutted him, not even looking, instead blatantly staring at B.C.'s body again, before barely dodging a shot from other guards ahead. Mio quickly returned to the others. "Time to get moving, I guess!" she called out. "Lead me to my coat!"

Avatar Adventures | The Airship: Rising Dawn | Anjali's Cabin
Anjali | Eddie the Dead

Anjali opened her eyes and rose from her wet, cold, bath. She looked up at Eddie as he was standing in her bathroom door and spoke: "Ya know, people of this world usually bathe with their underwear off. Not that I'm complaining." Anjali did not know what to answer to this. It had been less of a bath and more of a ... sleep. And she felt like she had to be ready, for anything ... not that anything could hide in this bath, but instinct was instinct.

"How are you adjusting? I saw you got yourself a new pair of clothes. I take it the crew hasn't given you trouble?" Eddie said, and Anjali smiled up to him after she had left the bath. "No, most of the crew was very nice to me." she answered. "Two little ... monster kids showed me the Rising Dawn. I hope I'm not getting lost here.
People seem much more accepting towards my ... condition, as well. I thought I was a freak, but it seems there are mostly freaks here."
she let out a small laugh, then got serious again. "But I'm still not used to it. I eat ... raw meat. This is weird. But I felt like I had to. And then ... there were these two people - I think they were faeries, but only kind of? - they only spoke in riddles, and showed me weird dreams. Something like a bond towards the Rising Dawn, but also ...

it's not normal here to just torture little faeries, right? Even if they can be summoned again? We are the good guys, right? Not just ... I don't know. I don't really like violence.
But I'm sorry, I'm talking far too much."

Anjali now seemed to realize she still had not put on her uniform, and she took it off the curtain, having to stand on the toilet seat to get to it. "How are you doing, Eddie?" she asked. "What is your role here, anyways?"

Escapist Avatar Adventures | Undisclosed Location | Weapon's Storage
Gunnery Sargent Percival Ross and The Raiders | ARES-35 | Dimitri | Viscus

Viscus wasn't really tuned into the discussion, instead he was busy going though the technology that his captors had managed to secure and picking out what best suited his current armor.
While it was an older model, his AI still had plenty of data on it's functionality, as well as what improvements he made in later versions.
But as he was picking out a model of flamethrower for his left arm's sub weapon, the singing began to get his attention, prompting him to slowly turn and face the oncoming killer, but cute robots.
A sense of confusion began to wash over Viscus as he stared back at the incoming enemies, then to his "Allies".
[....Threat level: low] He then dismissed the machine before returning back into the lab they had just escaped from.
5 paces in and 3 to the right, he then plunged his fist into the wall, prompting a surge of electricity to crackle throughout the room as he ripped out one of the EM field emitter bars that had been used to keep the area on lockdown.
[All units: remain behind me at all times : I will mark deployments of the EM weapon with the prompt "Firing" : Manage your configurations accordingly to prevent hardware and software failure] He explained to the group as he broke off pieces of it and bent it into a crude staff of sorts.

[Firing weapon in 3...2...1] He then announced before walking into the enemies path, using his armor's power source in order to fire off a wave of electromagnetic energy down the hall, like some mechanical mage.

Escapist Avatar Adventures | Undisclosed Location | Detention Area
M.Bison | B.C. | Bruiser | Caim | David | Ghost of King Leoric | Mio | Nadalia | Shadow/Agent | Teri | versus - FULGORE | Prison Guards | [unknown]

As the riot began to grow and the body count began to rack up, there was one soul in the battle that was rather unconcerned with the bloodshed around him.
"Dammit, where is my crown?!" Leoric languished as he haunted the battlefield, searching for the last remains of his kingdom and mortality amidst the fog of war.
He phased though friend(?) and foe alike in his search, unable to find his precious crown whist David and Caim barged right though his spirit.
"WATCH YOUR PATH! YOU ARE IN THE PRESENCE OF ROYALTY!......Wait, no, please come back, I can't find it anywheeeeeeeereeeeeeeee!" He yelled before whining like a banshee, not exactly happy with the notion of his "Freedom" being limited to be trapped in the embrace of undeath for all eternity.

Speaking of David, fresh off his confession to Caim and Teri's healing aura, he was feeling a LOT better about their odds of getting out of this situation alive.
Spraying a few weapon bursts at the HENTAI units, he shouted to his comrades "Try and get more cells open if you can, we need the extra numbers or we'll be overrun!"
With that, he began to open fire on the cell locking panels, attempting to get some more prisoners on their side.
"Anyone see the kid?! (Katya) I saw her get dragged off, where is she?" He then shouted to his friends, the mental image of what a bunch of insane Cybernetic Neo-Nazis might be doing to teenage girls behind closed doors being just as unappealing as it sounds.

Bruiser meanwhile was overwhelmed by the Heal Pulse Teri had just given off.
Months of torture and ill treatment just washed off his form, his arm was still missing but just the fact that he was even able to stand unassisted was quite the shock to his system, to the point where he nearly flat out collapsed from all the sensations that wasn't pain now being felt along his body.
Resting on his knees for a brief moment, he slowly stood back up before glancing over his body, as if still unsure about what he was seeing.
As such, he was the one that was able to see the HENTAI unit that was prepping to strike at them from one of the empty cells.

From Teri's point of view, suddenly a massive wall of muscle was racing towards her as the Machoke charged in her direction.
Time seemed to slow down as many painful memories began to arise from her mind, flashes back to that dark room and to that question she struggled with for so long: Fingers or toes?
But why now? Why would he attack her in front of everyone after all that happened? Was his soul really that corrupt? Was it all just an act?
She tried to find an answer to all this, right as the HENTAI unit behind her made it's move, launching itself at her from behind.
By instinct, she then dived to the side, the machine grasping at nothing but empty air whist the Machoke was able to get a rather nice helping of Revenge on his former tormentor.
His lone arm struck at the machine, screws and bolts going flying in all directions as it was flung back into the cell, shattering into steel plates and scrap upon impact with the wall, the force of which made the cell door slam shut afterwards.
The strangeness of his moment was not lost on either party as they shared an somewhat awkward nod of acknowledgement while the Pokemon took point.
Standing in front of the group, he then let out a feral Roar before charging at the robotic hoard, keen to even the score for all his suffering.

Bison, like his villainous friend, too was a little shook up from going from "Oh dear god, I'm on fire, it hurts so much, help me!" to "Right as rain" in the space of a few seconds.
Doubly so as the positive energy began to clash with his own negative energy, resulting in a rather conflicting sensation though the reaches of his very soul.
The former Presidential hopeful laid there for a moment, eyes wide as he realized the situation he was in.
As well as the fact that he was now free and able to get his revenge on-
That line of thought was soon veto'd by David as he rammed the butt of his rifle in Bison's face, the impact of which knocked his head back against the steel, quickly giving him a ticket to Sleepy Time Junction.
"David!? What the hell!? I just healed him!"
"Oh spared me the lecture. After everything that happened today, he's earned that!" The sniper shot back as he hoisted the mad dictator into a fireman's carry before resuming his covering fire.

The Rising Dawn: Hangar Command Center
Time to get this show on the road!

With Major Rhodes' speech delivered, the teams drawn up, and additional communicator rings distributed to those lacking, the PA system crackled before a familiar feminine voice began to speak, a display nearby showing a red, hooded figure on the screen, "This is AI Vermilion speaking. In light of recent events, I shall act as your tactical officer during this operation. User: Harold shall act my organic relay while you are on site."

A meek looking G-corp grunt gave the Anti-anti Team a weak wave, before Vermilion continued, "Should any changes in available information or necessary tactical maneuvers be made, Harold will let you know. Now, I shall begin with the preparations for the commencement of our rescue mission....
Airship Rising Dawn is being moved into position. All members of Team 1, prepare for launch into aerial assault in T Minus 2 minutes. All members of Teams 2 and 3, please remain on standby."

Following Vermilion's short spiel, members of the varying crews began to run around here and there to do a number of tasks, such as clearing out the runways, beginning to make ready the drop pods for later parts of the mission etc; leaving the seven fliers to position themselves as necessary. Angelus, the large dragon that she was, had been instructed by varying members of the assisting crew to take point, the others following on either side of her wings. The purpose of this was threefold, the first being that would provide a wind break and allow the others to travel more efficiently; the second, an attempt to throw off the enemy radar, and the third (and perhaps grimmest of duties) to provide as a shield for the smaller fliers.

A loud noise rang overhead, a siren to gather Team 1's attention once more as Vermilion called out,

"Airship Rising Dawn has been placed in proper assault position. Team 1, launch and engage!"

It was a quick affair, a flurry of wings and magic to bring Team 1 to their designation. The smoky ruins of Denver remained below, the scent of the battle below entering the nostrils of the more scent inclined of the bunch. As they moved into position, the "sound" of a communicator ring activated, and the meek man's voice entered their minds over the rings' "link",

"Is this thing on..? Ah, it's working now. Hi, it's me, Harold! Um... According to Vermilion, you should start seeing some ground Anti-Air Units pretty soon. Keep on the lookout, they have a bad habit of sneaking up when you least expect it! Once you clear those things out, we can move the Dawn to get the Extraction Team in there. Good luck!"

Almost on cue, the sound of grinding metal and sirens filled the air, albeit muffled and distant. The darkness of the night was an inconvenience for a normal human being, but for a group of individuals with "special" talents; this was less so. A good thing too, as they began to see, a bit off in the distance, movement on the ground, the distant sound of whirring and-

The small walking units, (pictured below)

had made their way towards our completely innocuous septet of flyers, their barrels spinning as a rapid fire of bullets began to shoot up, hoping to catch the fleshy under-bits of the stomach and wings.

GM Notes:

Whew, sorry that took so long, kids!

Long and short of it, there's a bunch of mechs on the ground shooting up at you! Kinda jerkish of them, amirite? Anywho, feel free to flavor/flourish your character's departures from the Dawn as you see fit, and have fun working with the ground-bound anti-air. Just be careful, I hear their gatling guns are really rough on wings!

The Escapist Avatar Adventures | World Marshall, Undisclosed Location | Secure Cell Block, Designation: A Class
"I'm Queen of the Castle, I'm Queen of the Castle!"
B.C. | King Leoric | Bison | Bruiser | Caim | David | Teri | Mio | Shadow/Agent | FULGORE | Others

It was a little odd, which was appropriate given the day's events, how the woman in front of her seemed to react whenever the collar was finally off of her. After a sharp gasp, B.C. could swear that there was a warm, subtle glow that started to emanate from her, and she realized that the light burns that she was starting to get from the nearby, dying inferno were starting to ease, along with the spreading headache that she had refused to acknowledge earlier. Then all of a sudden the Space Convict was being dragged behind this woman as she looked back with a grateful smile.

"Thanks again! I-I'm Teri, by the way. You'll learn everyone else's name soon enough, I'm sure!"

"Hey, no problem, just gimme a--Oh. What's this?" B.C. started, only for a glimmer of gold nearby on the floor to distract her.

It was an ornate crown, one that she had seen before very recently at that. Leoric's Crown. Bending down, she snatched it up with the barrel of her rifle. Examining it idly with a greedy smile, she flicked her wrist and managed to flip it up so that it landed jauntily on her head. As she did, she could hear the familiar voice of her former cellmate.

"WATCH YOUR PATH! YOU ARE IN THE PRESENCE OF ROYALTY!......Wait, no, please come back, I can't find it anywheeeeeeeereeeeeeeee!"

Pursing her lips, she whistled shrilly and grinned as she hopefully got his attention.

"Hey! Where's your crown, King Nothing? It's mine now." she called out, sticking out her tongue.

As she did, she noticed one of the others had raised a sword in greeting and realized it was one of the other women. In fact, she, like the rather heavily-wounded fire witch, was down an arm. But she didn't seem in the least bit concerned as she grinned and looked over B.C. with a look she was rather familiar with. Really, it was flattering.

"Someone like you always can tag along, Bombshell. You can take mine off, too. Don't hold back! Fondle it off me!"

At that, B.C. broke out into low, sultry laughter and shook her head before pulling away from Teri and bending down to take off another collar. As she punched a quick code into the collar itself, there was a nearby burst of gunfire that seemed to be woefully inaccurate, and when the collar popped off with a click and slow beeping, the woman she had freed was off to take care of the source of said gunfire.

She was quick, and only having the one hand didn't seem to be much of a disadvantage at all. She weaved between the guard's blows as she slashed with her sword at all the right places to bypass armor. What was really impressive, however, was the fact that she did so without so much as looking away from B.C.'s body, specifically her tits. Even as she gutted the guard with a flair, she just continued to eat the eye-candy that was the scantily-clad Space Convict.

"You know, a girl likes to be appreciated for her looks, but you might wanna focus on the guards instead of me. I'm probably still gonna be here even after they're dead." she pointed out with a giggle as she shook her head.

She started to turn back to Teri, opening her mouth to say something when a blue blur at the corner of one eye caught her attention, at the same time that a dark shape at the corner of the other did. Stepping back as the blue-skinned alien that had been tending to one of the more heavily-wounded inmates rushed past both her and the healer, she leveled her rifle at his target: A mechanical, tentacled shape that wouldn't have looked at all out-of-place in a space porno. And there were more not far behind it.

Focusing on the group of HENTAI units lagging behind, she let loose with a long, barely-controlled burst of gunfire and grinned.

The Escapist Avatar Adventures | The Rising Dawn | Canteen
"Hello there, Sexy Satan."
Sloth | Envy | Selena | Luke | Tania la Fey

It didn't take long after she entered to be hit all-at-once by a sudden influx of thoughts, doubts, sources of jealousy, and even more from the various patrons of the Canteen. Reeling back at how overwhelming it was, the floating form of Sloth behind her abruptly dropped to the flood of the Canteen with a heavy thud, followed by a loud snore. The people here weren't mere mortals. Some of them were more. The bartender was a deity, while one of the patrons had a mental passenger that even Envy wasn't about to put up with, while others seemed to mentally scream their inadequacies to her, save a few.

"Attention Crew. Please report to the main hanger for briefing."

The sudden, blaring announcement was enough to snap Envy out of her mental struggling, and she seemed to look around in disorientation for a few moments.

"As entertaining as it all is, I think some of you may be a bit more interested in the briefing?"

The bartender gave her a pointed look as those that felt obligated got up and made their way out to get to the briefing. Envy stepped aside so that she was out of their way. Once those that were going to leave, left, Lucifer Morningstar directed his thoughts more coherently to her.

~I am in no mood for your games. Why are you here?~

The Anthropomorphic Personification of Jealousy seemed to shrink a little as she walked up.

~You would have to ask Sloth, he was the one who felt he needed to come here.~ she told him, before looking down at the Vice's sleeping form.

It was quite the sight, really. He had been dropped in such a way that left his rear end hunched up into the air while one cheek pressed against the floor of the canteen and a growing puddle of drool started at the corner of his lightly-snoring mouth.

~Though, you'll have to ask him later...~ she continued sheepishly before she looked back up at Lucifer.

It gave the feeling of not so much being stared at as being stared through. For most, it would have been incredibly unsettling. Making her way to the bar, she sat awkwardly on one of the stools and wrung her hands in her lap. When she spoke next, she took care to focus solely on Lucifer, so there was no chance of anyone else catching anything she thought.

~... I suppose I should be asking you the same thing, Lucifer Morningstar. Why are you here? The Vices have a job to do here, but I don't think that you do...~ Envy told him, never once seeming to avert her gaze from him.

The skies.
A less than relaxing flight.

Were it a simpler time than she found herself in now, Kalastryn would have found their flight thrilling. Before she had earned the favor of some far off deity, she always envied those who could fly. There was an inherent beauty in it, she thought. The freedom found in the defiance of gravity, the feeling of the breeze surrounding and rushing past you from all directions, unchained by any obstacle on the ground.

Now was hardly a time that allowed such a mindset to seem realistic. When you get right down to it, flight is just controlling in what direction, from what height, and at what speed you fall. Sure you may propel yourself so very high into the air, but you have to land eventually. It was a state in which with a wrong move you could fall to your demise at any time. This, coupled with the lack of cover aside from the size of Angelus' draconic form and anti air units made her feel quite vulnerable, despite her airborne agility.

As the anti aircraft units on the ground began to come into view of our winged warriors however, she began to worry less about herself and more about her companions, namely the largest target among them, Angelus. "Be ready, they'll see you long before the rest of us!" she shouted, not that she was far behind, but the whirling wind, especially with the steady beating of Angelus' wings was loud from so close.

She began to think over just how difficult it would be. There was value in occupying their attention, but they were supposed to deal with foes that had an advantage over them from their exposed positions on high. Wouldn't a better plan have been to clear the anti air forces from the ground prior to- no. If they were in respectable range to drop to the ground to deal with them swiftly, they would no doubt target the Dawn itself.

Kala could spend all day thinking about how things could be, it was just how she thought. Possibilities upon possibilities. The reality was this was the route they took, and they needed it to work. Though her former way of thinking did bring an idea to mind. "I'm going to split off here!" she said, and by the time the group had come into view Kala had dropped significantly in altitude. As much as she could very well try, she tried to keep her descent subtle, splitting from the group just before she thought they had been seen. Just in case however, she made sure to do it quickly, wrapping her wings around herself, and diving in a spin straight toward the ground.

While the weapons they were tasked with destroying would be hellish to be struck by, she figured that what she had said was true. Angelus was a much larger and more visible target. By the time gunfire rang out, she had righted herself and was gliding down to get a close look at what they were dealing with... and a closer shot for bolts of lightning to short circuit whatever they may.[1]

[1] For the GM(s) concerned, I mean to say with all this that when things begin to happen, Kala is going to be attempting to cast Lightning Bolts at the walking units, relying on Angelus and the others being a much more obvious target to hopefully gain an element of surprise to begin with."

The skies.

Icarus was a Natural Flyer; the freedom of spreading your wings and seeing the earth below you, to be unattached to the ground, There was no greater feeling.
Icarus wasn't flying for amusement this time, His whole body was tense. Anyone close to him could feel an electrical vibration around him, there was a sense that if one were to touch him they'd get a dangerous shock. He stayed in formation with the other fliers, Specifically he was behind The Massive Red Dragon Angelus. As they approached he noticed the Devil Woman Kalastryn had started to descend, they must be getting close. He attempted to clear his own mind and viewed himself as a patch of clouds just a soft, gentle cloud, Before long he appeared to fade away thanks to an illusion.

There were many people In prison quite a few he had become friends with, and while no one told him explicitly, he knew he had made several mistakes in the fight with Bison, the fact that he had been rendered unconscious and had to be dragged away proved that.
Whatever he did he couldn't let them down, not again. He Kept his eyes open for Hostile Aircraft's. Despite Some warnings he felt like he was back to full strength, And he'd need to have energy to spare if he planned on not only taking out threats in the sky but then joining the rescue team when this was done. He had His partner The Twilight Dragon ready to summon into a gauntlet, he had a minor curiosity: if giving Cadolbolg a charge made him grow up significantly, what would it do to someone like Angelus?

Location: Rising Dawn
Travel lightly in both things material and immaterial.

Saren Selmy

Saren was walking down one of the halls in the upper deck of the Rising Dawn alone. Laeta had taken Lola away to the training rooms for her physical therapy session and now the youngest of the three sisters was left to entertain herself in the warship as it descended into combat airspace above Denver. Saren let her fingertips drag along on the surface of the walls as she walked. She could feel the thin breath of the ship as she walked. She could hear it creak and strain, tremble against the whirling winds. She could hear the beating heart, the fuming heat of it's reactor and engines. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. She could smell the history of this ship, it's shifting hallways, the stains of blood and sweat. She could almost see the faces of all of those that had once called this vessel their home.

Saren was a technopath. Her senses were sensitive to say the least, her entire body was like a conduit for electric pulses. So much so that she could interface with people and things outside her body.

People were hard to interface with though, the chemistry involved meant there were some significant barriers to melding with them. Electronics though, they opened their secrets as soon as Saren beckoned. They were almost like a second body to her. It had certainly taken time to learn how to read them, but now she was accustomed to visualizing the machine code as a second reality.

She tugged on her sweatshirt. It was loose and baggy, hanging gently on her skin. Any more and it might had been distracting. She hated wearing clothes. They made her feel like she was suffocating, no matter how thin the fabric was.

Saren reached the training room door. She paused. I made full circuit already? She brushed her bangs to the side and put her fingers on the metal door. Maybe I'll spar with Laeta while Lola gets checked over. This idleness is murder on my mind.

"Lola, do you like that I'm inside you?"


"It... it feels kind of weird... but I... I don't dislike it..."

"Mmm... I like it though. It means that we're closer than ever. Here..."

"Eep! What... what are you doing!?"

"I'm just getting a feel for you Lola, mmm you're so tight."

"Don't! Don't touch me there!"

"How could I not take advantage of you when you can't defend yourself?"

"Ah.. no... please... please stop... You're getting me all wet..."

"It's only natural, Lola. I have to get you wet to help the muscles loosen up, or else I might just end up hurting you."

Lola whimpered and then squealed, "Laeta! You're being way too rough! You're going to break me!"

"Oh shush, your body's much stronger than that Lola! And I'm having way too much fun! You're so soft and hot and slippery..."

"Lae- Laeta! Your... your breasts are..."

That's far enough.

Saren swiped right and the servos holding the door in place spun with wanton ferocity, slamming the metal door into the wall cavity. "Okay, that's far enough! How many times do I have to tell you Laeta, you can't have sex wi-" Saren paused and exhaled. Laeta had taken Lola's shirt off, that was as far as it had gone. The white silk was folded neatly on her lap, Lola's hair was undone and gently bunched over one shoulder. Her shoulders were bare, but that was it. Laeta was leaning in on her, an elbow pressed against the nape of Lola's neck. Both girls were glistening with oil. Saren took a breath. Baby oil.

"It's not sex." Laeta pouted. She had taken off her sweater to facilitate the massage, leaving her in a sheer white camisole. "The doctor told me to help loosen up Lola onee-sama's muscles before they put her through the physical therapy test."

Laeta paused and bit on Lola's ear, she squealed. "Though, I wouldn't mind doing a little more service on you later, onee-sama."

"P... please don't..." Lola squirmed uncomfortably in her wheelchair. Her cheeks were red and Saren could smell the anxiety growing within Lola's breast.

The doctor came in soon thereafter. He was an old man of Asian decent. Small, thin, and kindly. He was flanked by two hovering automatons. The man was too weak to administer the physical therapy himself, apparently. As he had his robotic assistants push Lola into the next room over, where some medical equipment had been moved into a climate controlled training room, Laeta and Saren were left alone in the main chamber.

The two sisters looked at each other.

"Wanna fight?"

Saren smiled, "Don't hold back boobzilla."


 Pages PREV 1 . . . 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 . . . 805 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Log in or Register to Comment
Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
Register for a free account here