Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards joins Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack NSO May 20, 2022 release date

Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards Joins Nintendo Switch Online Next Week

The Nintendo 64 game Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards will join Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack on May 20, 2022. It follows the pattern of one game joining the Nintendo 64 lineup each month. Last September when Switch Online + Expansion Pack was first announced, Nintendo announced in advance several of the N64 games that would be coming to the service over time, and Kirby 64 is the second-to-last of those games to join. (Only Pokémon Snap remains.) That means it will soon be a combination of speculation and datamining to determine what might come to the service next.

Recommended Videos

For instance, common sense suggests that, if Banjo-Kazooie is on the service, then Banjo-Tooie seems a likely candidate to join as well. And past datamining suggests that all three of the original Mario Party games may join the service eventually. In any case, hopefully the game selections will be more exciting than what NES and SNES Online have often received. Nintendo and WWE probably don’t have the guts to bring WWF No Mercy back, but if they do, they will suddenly have a new subscriber.

Meanwhile, the Sega Genesis component of NSO + Expansion Pack has been receiving a regular stream of new games, many of which are really solid. Those who pay for Expansion Pack also receive free access to DLC for Splatoon 2, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, and Animal Crossing: New Horizons.

Look for Kirby 64 on Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack next Friday.

The Escapist is supported by our audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small affiliate commission. Learn more
related content
Read Article All Patch Notes for Dragon’s Dogma 2 April 25 Patch
Dragons Dogma 2 Arisen
Read Article Pokemon GO Players Want Massive Spotlight Hour Change After Bugged Trubbish Shiny Rates
Trubbish, the garbage Pokemon, from the animated Pokemon series
Read Article Metaphor: ReFantazio Won’t Have Romance Like Persona
Sitting at dinner with friends in Metaphor: ReFantazio
Related Content
Read Article All Patch Notes for Dragon’s Dogma 2 April 25 Patch
Dragons Dogma 2 Arisen
Read Article Pokemon GO Players Want Massive Spotlight Hour Change After Bugged Trubbish Shiny Rates
Trubbish, the garbage Pokemon, from the animated Pokemon series
Read Article Metaphor: ReFantazio Won’t Have Romance Like Persona
Sitting at dinner with friends in Metaphor: ReFantazio
Author
John Friscia
Former Managing Editor at The Escapist. I have been writing about video games since 2018 and editing writing on IT, project management, and video games for around a decade. I have an English degree, but Google was a more valuable learning resource. I taught English in South Korea for a year in 2018, and it was exponentially more fun than living in Pennsylvania. My major passions in life are SNES, Japanese RPGs, Berserk, and K-pop. I'm currently developing the game Boss Saga with my brother, which is guaranteed to change your life and you should buy it.