The Webway: A Warhammer 40k RP (Started, Still Accepting!)

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

This is an RP based on Warhammer 40k. Look below for the background story. I know my profile only has a few posts, but I have actually been in and created quite a few RP's, just not on this site.

To clear up any confusion, Space Marines and Grey knights will not be in this RP, as they will outweigh any other race by far. I am sorry for the inconvenience. This includes Chaos Marines as well.

You are stranded in the Webway, an intricate maze, all in black darkness. This isn't a planet, but something else. It is just there, a structure in the warp. The Webway is an ever-changing maze, one that only the Eldar harlequins have ever been able to navigate and survive in. Your ship is ruined beyond repair, but it looks like you can salvage some items before exiting the vehicle. Scanners report the air is clean to breathe, so you don't need anything to clean the air.

Please keep in mind that though alliances may be made, some races will not align with certain others, or not at all. Imperials, and Witch Hunters can ally amongst themselves only. Tyranids and Necrons will not ally with anyone. Daemons and Orcs can form shaky alliances with each other, and the Eldar and Tau can form a weak agreement, if not an alliance.

Note: Anyone who posted armor on their items list has been changed to rations. extra armor isn't necessary. PM me if you want me to change it to something else.

Interesting, give me some time to decide on which race.

I'm interested in this. Reserve me a spot please.

MAy I have a reserve?

Can we be any clan of Space Marines, or do we have to settle for all one clan? 'Cause I really want to be a Blood Raven.

May I reserve a Tau position?

Xpwn3ntial:
May I reserve a Tau position?

crewman_number_6:
MAy I have a reserve?

Xandus117:
I'm interested in this. Reserve me a spot please.

Shanaar:
Interesting, give me some time to decide on which race.

I have reserved all of you. I intend ti finish the original post by the end of the night.

CloggedDonkey, Yes, you may pick any clan, but there won't be too much of a difference between them all. I want to make every race and clan or such slightly different, but I don't want to make anyone overpowered. I will make a spoiler talking about that as well, So check sometime tonight for it.

Fantastic. Sign me up for a reserve.

I'm sorry but I must point this out. Grey Knights are not Witch Hunters. And Witch Hunters kill Pyskers not Daemons. Grey Knights are Daemon Hunters.

Edit: Reserve pl0x

Name: Goresmas'a

Gender: Neither (or male if you consider Orks to have a gender.)

Race: Ork

Items: Pistol, Ax for choppin, frag grenade(If allowed), extra ammo clip, Wrench, nail he choose on.

Bio: Goresmas'a is part of a newly made clan of ork called the Bone 'Eads(My ork clan I made up). He roughly a ork mek. He and his boyz mission was to see if this new planet can be a fun place to fight when his ship got suck into the wormhole. Once he woke up from the crash he found his boyz all dead, guess they weren't orky enough to live. He pick up what he could from their dead bodies, ammo and extra spiky bits for his armor.

(If this is alright)

Edit: Might change him into a mek boy, but still thinking about it.
Edit: Ok I change him into a Mek boy to make him more speical.

Jaywebbs:
I'm sorry but I must point this out. Grey Knights are not Witch Hunters. And Witch Hunters kill Pyskers not Daemons. Grey Knights are Daemon Hunters.

I am sorry, I was misinformed. I will edit and change that when I finish with the other parts of that post.

Name: Shas'Ui Tau'n Lynu (Adamant Sergeant from New Tau)

"Sarge"

Race: Tau

Items: pulse rifle, Bonding knife (symbolic purposes), repair kit, plasma grenades, shield drone, tracking drone

Bio: Conscripted into Tau military at 16, promoted to Shas'Ui at 20 after the first Trial by Fire, in which he was left in the jungles of Pech for one week without supplies. He was one year away from promotion to Shas'vre and getting a battlesuit to call his own. He was en route to Kronus to aid Shas'O T'au Kais when he was attacked by Dark Eldar, who crippled the Orca and forced it into the Webway. He hit his head on a lamp and lost consciousness. When he awoke, everyone was gone. Likely, the Dark Eldar took them.

Let me know if this is not acceptable.

Need anything changed?

@Shanaar: Hakish or Nakish?

dammitdammitdammitdammitdammitDammitDammitDammitDAMMITDAMMITDAMMITDAMMITDAMMIT!
I don't think I'll have the Time necessary to play this to It's full Strength.....*Grumble*

Nonetheless, Please sign me up in Reserve please. I'll try to get back to you on this. If I don't answer within 2 days, or by the time you start, consider me out. I rather not drag this RP if I can't be sure I can be there.

Xpwn3ntial:
@Shanaar: Hakish or Nakish?

Changed it.

Name: Xandus
Race: Chaos Marines (Black Legion)
Items: Armour, Bolt Pistol, Chainsword, medallion with Tzeentch' symbol, skull with Khorne's symbol, Frag Grenade.
Bio: Originally a member of the Space Wolves, he was corrupt by Chaos shorty after joining the chapter and joined a Black Legion warband. The leader of the warband put Xandus on a ship with some other chaos marines to raid an nearby Imperial planet. However, the ship was sucked into the webway by a wormhole. The ship crashed and when Xandus woke up he found all the other marines dead.

Edit: didn't see the op edit before I posted, was looking forward to playing a Grey Knight.

Bump.

Xandus117:
Name: Xandus
Race: Chaos Marines (Black Legion)
Items: Armour, Bolt Pistol, Chainsword, medallion with Tzeentch' symbol, skull with Khorne's symbol, Frag Grenade.
Bio: Originally a member of the Space Wolves, he was corrupt by Chaos shorty after joining the chapter and joined a Black Legion warband. The leader of the warband put Xandus on a ship with some other chaos marines to raid an nearby Imperial planet. However, the ship was sucked into the webway by a wormhole. The ship crashed and when Xandus woke up he found all the other marines dead.

You don't need extra armor. You already have armor on you. I guess you can take it, but it won't make a difference.

Shanaar:

Need anything changed?

Once more, extra armor isn't necessary. Otherwise, it is all good.

Xpwn3ntial:
Name: Shas'Ui Tau'n Lynu (Adamant Sergeant from New Tau)

"Sarge"

Race: Tau

Items: pulse rifle, Bonding knife (symbolic purposes), armour, plasma grenades, shield drone, tracking drone

Special trait: Blank- psyker powers are ineffective and his presence gives them splitting headaches.

Bio: Conscripted into Tau military at 16, promoted to Shas'Ui at 20 after the first Trial by Fire, in which he was left in the jungles of Pech for one week without supplies. He was one year away from promotion to Shas'vre and getting a battlesuit to call his own. He was en route to Kronus to aid Shas'O T'au Kais when he was attacked by Dark Eldar, who crippled the Orca and forced it into the Webway. He hit his head on a lamp and lost consciousness. When he awoke, everyone was gone. Likely, the Dark Eldar took them.

Let me know if this is not acceptable.

You don't need extra armor. Also, unless the pulse rifle is similar to a pistol, I would prefer if it were not such a powerful weapon. The drones are good so long as they have little if no weapons. Otherwise, it starts to become overpowering.

Outcast107:

Items: Pistol, Ax for choppin, frag grenade(If allowed), extra ammo clip, Wrench, nail he chews on.

Bio: Goresmas'a is part of a newly made clan of ork called the Bone 'Eads(My ork clan I made up). He roughly a ork mek. He and his boyz mission was to see if this new planet can be a fun place to fight when his ship got suck into the wormhole. Once he woke up from the crash he found his boyz all dead, guess they weren't orky enough to live. He pick up what he could from their dead bodies, ammo and extra spiky bits for his armor.

(If this is alright)

Edit: Ok I change him into a Mek boy to make him more special.

It is almost perfect, but we can't change him too much, so I'm not so sure about being a Mek boy. I want characters to be as different as possible, while still being generic enouigh that nobody is overpowered. We will see what we can do.

Outcast107:

Items: Pistol, Ax for choppin, frag grenade(If allowed), extra ammo clip, Wrench, nail he chews on.

(If this is alright)

It is almost perfect, but we can't change him too much, so I'm not so sure about being a Mek boy. I want characters to be as different as possible, while still being generic enouigh that nobody is overpowered. We will see what we can do.[/quote]

Well I can do a slugga, just didn't think a slugga would last very long, as I see mek boyz a bit smarter and might proof worthwhile to say, some other factions. But its your call if you let me be a mek boy or not. (Not a big mek mind you, like the one in DoW 2)

Outcast107:

Outcast107:

(If this is alright)

It is almost perfect, but we can't change him too much, so I'm not so sure about being a Mek boy. I want characters to be as different as possible, while still being generic enouigh that nobody is overpowered. We will see what we can do.

Well I can do a slugga, just didn't think a slugga would last very long, as I see mek boyz a bit smarter and might proof worthwhile to say, some other factions. But its your call if you let me be a mek boy or not. (Not a big mek mind you, like the one in DoW 2)[/quote]

ok, I don't mind that in that case. But remember, I will be making sure nobody is overpowered, so as long as he isn't doing anything too overpowering, I will be fine.

Eldar_playa1:

Outcast107:

Outcast107:

(If this is alright)

Well I can do a slugga, just didn't think a slugga would last very long, as I see mek boyz a bit smarter and might proof worthwhile to say, some other factions. But its your call if you let me be a mek boy or not. (Not a big mek mind you, like the one in DoW 2)

ok, I don't mind that in that case. But remember, I will be making sure nobody is overpowered, so as long as he isn't doing anything too overpowering, I will be fine.[/quote]

Cool, also he won't be overpower. Though he will try to make a wartrukk or something close to it out of the wreck, or if he finds something worth while <.< Lol.

Eldar_playa1:
Snip

Okay, instead of the armor I suppose I can take some rations. About the drones, neither one has weapons. The shield drone makes a shield and the tracker gives me targets. About the pulse rifle? That is standard-issue Tau weaponry. Basic as it gets.

Feel free to make suggestions.

Name: John Spartan (let's see who gets the reference)
Race: Space Marine (Blood Raven).
Items: Bolter pistol chainsaw sword combo. That's all a soldier of The God Emperor needs.
Bio: Just your average Space Marine, really. Designed to kill, fight, and eventually die for the mighty God Emperor. Is a slight veteran in that he has helped purge many unlcean planets of the Ork filth, but isn't high on the chain of command in the slightest.

pyroguy86:

One. STALKER! I AM BEING STALKED!!1!

Two. Okay, I'm pretty sure that a Space Marine would just chainsaw something like that up the face in seconds. I think the GM might want to put a limitation on what race players be.

CloggedDonkey:

pyroguy86:

Two. Okay, I'm pretty sure that a Space Marine would just chainsaw something like that up the face in seconds. I think the GM might want to put a limitation on what race players be.

I would agree with that, but I don't want to limit players. instead, what I will do is allow a tyranid player to have up to five tyranids, with up to two mutations, in order to allow them to stand a chance. And with orcs, it is ok if there are no more than two, so that way the two weaker armies stand more of a chance.

I'm afraid I must drop out. I realized that I'm about to be brought out of reserve in a few RP's.

crewman_number_6:
I'm afraid I must drop out. I realized that I'm about to be brought out of reserve in a few RP's.

Thats fine. Thank you for notifying me.

Eldar_playa1:

CloggedDonkey:

pyroguy86:

I would agree with that, but I don't want to limit players. instead, what I will do is allow a tyranid player to have up to five tyranids, with up to two mutations, in order to allow them to stand a chance. And with orcs, it is ok if there are no more than two, so that way the two weaker armies stand more of a chance.

I still don't think it quite works. You don't face a Space Marine with one Ork, you face it down with a hundred Orks. Thing is, you have a millions at your disposal, so one Space Marine is nothing. Unless we each control an entire army, it will really be in the Space Marines' favor, as they are the "you only need five to take on an army, but you only have five in the first place" types, where the rest (from what I've seen) are "MAOR BULLET SPONGES! THEY ARE ALMOST OUT OF AMMO!!1!" types. It's either Space Marines and ONLY Space Marines, or NO Space Marines, just because they're too overpowered in one on one (or even one on many if the numbers aren't to big and the enemies aren't too gigantic) combat.

Please reserve me. I want to be a Grey Knight but as one guy pointed out, that fix will come.

CloggedDonkey:

Eldar_playa1:

CloggedDonkey:

I still don't think it quite works. You don't face a Space Marine with one Ork, you face it down with a hundred Orks. Thing is, you have a millions at your disposal, so one Space Marine is nothing. Unless we each control an entire army, it will really be in the Space Marines' favor, as they are the "you only need five to take on an army, but you only have five in the first place" types, where the rest (from what I've seen) are "MAOR BULLET SPONGES! THEY ARE ALMOST OUT OF AMMO!!1!" types. It's either Space Marines and ONLY Space Marines, or NO Space Marines, just because they're too overpowered in one on one (or even one on many if the numbers aren't to big and the enemies aren't too gigantic) combat.

Well, the problem there is once again, I want players to be able to choose from every army, but you can't control an army in the cramped spaces of the webway. I guess in the end, if it really comes down to it, I will take out space marines rather than allow them to overpower everyone else. I will have to talk to a few people, but I guess that might be what it comes down to. I appreciate the constructive criticism, even if I don't like the way it turned out. But you are right, so thank you.

Eldar_playa1:

CloggedDonkey:

Eldar_playa1:

Well, the problem there is once again, I want players to be able to choose from every army, but you can't control an army in the cramped spaces of the webway. I guess in the end, if it really comes down to it, I will take out space marines rather than allow them to overpower everyone else. I will have to talk to a few people, but I guess that might be what it comes down to. I appreciate the constructive criticism, even if I don't like the way it turned out. But you are right, so thank you.

Your welcome and, sense I only really know how the Orks (which, although they make good enemies, make kind of boring PCs) and Space Marines work, I will have to detract from this. Good adventures, all, and enjoy your war, but I will must now fight my own war. FOR THE GOD EMPEROR! *launches Steam*

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked