The Webway: A Warhammer 40k RP (Started, Still Accepting!)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

pyroguy86:

So, this is okay for Tyranid players right?

Actually, close to it. I would prefer if only one of the tyranids was made unique, so subject 6 should be more like 5,4, and 3. Otherwise, perfect.

Name: Maverick

Age: 1000-1300yrs old. The Years have blended together and he can no longer recall.

Race: Chaos Space Marine (Alpha Legion)

Items: Bolt Pistol, Chainsword, Combat Knife, Communications Device, Repair Kit for his Armor.

Bio: Note: I write Maverick under the Assumption that the Alpha Legion accepted the Cabal's Request and that Omegon now leads the Legion, with Alpharius being dead..

One of the First Alpha Legionnaires, Maverick looked upon Alpharius with both Logic and Awe. Meaning that while he had personally seen Alpharius God Like fighting skills and Imposing Height, he knows that he is still a Man. Still, Maverick was supremely devoted to his Primarch, fighting battle after battle in his name. He followed the Combat Doctrine of the Alpha Legion, Secrecy and Subterfuge, with Vigor. His Faith however, was supremely tested at the Eve of the Horus Heresy.[1]

The Cabal approached the Alpha Legion Primarch and showed him a Vision of the Future. They showed him 2 paths, One was the Path of Decay and eventual Corruption at the Hands of Chaos, should the Emperor win. The other is the Path to Mutually Assured Destruction, Mankind Dying, but taking the Chaos Powers with them to the Void. The Cabal asked Alpharius to Insure the coming of the Latter path, to Insure the Galaxy survives.

Alpharius accepted, and told the entire Legion of the Path they must now walk. They must do anything, Pretend to BE Anything that was required for this Mission. Maverick, supremely shaken from the Revelations the Cabal had shown, decided to follow his Primarch. The Majority of the Legion went with Alpharius as well, those in a Pique of Honor who attempted to Alert the Other Legions were pesonally executed by Maverick himself.

In due time, The Horus Heresy began. Alpharius kneeled to the Chaos Powers, and his Legion kneeled with him. Praises to Chaos on their throats, but with Betrayal in their Hearts. They assisted Horus for The Drop Site Massacre and scoured the entire Imperium, delaying Loyalist forces to Terra during It's Siege. However, upon Horus' defeat, Alphairus decided upon a Plan to Insure Chaos' defeat. Upon consultation with Maverick and his other trusted Marines, Alpharius engaged Gulliman and his Ultramarines. Due to the fact of his Absence at the Siege of Terra, the rest of the Traitor Legions held suspicions about the Alpha Legion. So, in an attempt to give his Brother Omegon the time necessary to Succeed, Alpharius died at Gulliman's hands.

Maverick was devastated, but kept to Alpharius command to Insure Chaos' ultimate Defeat. So, for the many Centuries, the Alpha Legion had been subtly maneuvering themselves and Chaos to It's eventual Downfall. Maverick was on a Classified Mission to Tau space when a Wormhole took his ship, despite Prayers to the Chaos Gods and Excellent Flying. The Ship eventually crashed, Killing the Majority of the Crew. Maverick was fortunate enough to have survived.

Unit 23 is my Character now. A few posts below.

[1] This is basically setting up the Background of the Alpha Legion. Everything still goes as Canon, just the Motivations and my Interpretation for the Alpharius-Gulliman fight.

Will make a Guard one later on in the day.

Changed it.

Well, in response to Shannar also changing his to a Guard, I'm gonna go ahead and make....yeah. A Necron then. Give me a Hour.

Bumpity Bump bump.

Name: Unit 23

Race: Necrons

Special-talent: We'll be Back

Items: Gauss Pistol, several energy packs to siphon Necron energy onboard his ship and direct it to Unit 23 (Built-In), Close Range Short Sword made out of Necrodermis.

Bio: Unit 23 was part of the Necron Force present on Medusa V. After the Failure of The Necron Lord Herald of the Storm to construct the Great Plyons and a Null Shield on the Planet, The Deceiver punished the Necron Lord, damning him to reside within Medusa for as long as the Warp Storm endured around the Planet. The Deceiver then teleported the Surviving Necron Forces off the Planet.

However, not all of the Necron Forces were completely withdrawn. Several ships were left behind, each performing their own seperate mission related to the Medusa Campaign. One was to track down and eliminate the Escaped Death Leper, the Deceiver having judged them too powerful to fall to the Tyranid Hive Fleets. Another was to locate the Ork Warchief Nazdreg and his remaining Boyz, having taken an Imperial Freighter. The Deceiver judged that their Presence was too dangerous, thus their Destruction was required.

Unit 23's own Ship was tasked to follow a retreating Chaos Warship. The Ship, though having relatively nothing of use to the Necrons on board, was deemed to be destroyed. Unit 23 and It's fellow 24 Warriors would do it, though a very, very faint part of Unit 23's floundering Necrontyr soul cringed at The Deceiver's smirk as he commanded It.

After doggedly following the ship's trail for several weeks, Unit 23's ship located the Chaos Warship, still badly damaged from the battle. Upon receiving confirmation from the Deceiver, the Necron Warship snuck up and burned a hole through the Chaos Warship's engines. Immediately after, the Necron Warship shredded the captured ship to tiny slivers of Metal. As soon as that was done however, a Wormhole opened right in front of the Warship, dragging it in before they could even react.

Unit 23 is currently on standby mode, his ship having been ravaged by the Wormhole. Due to the nature of the Warp, the majority of the Necrons with Unit 23 are Inoperable, their Souls having been Overloaded during the Transition to Warp space. Unit 23, having seen it coming, managed to survive while the others did not. Currently, their is still a viable source of Energy onboard. Unfortunately, the majority of the Gauss Weaponry had been thrown of during the Crash. Fortunately, the majority of the Weaponry is Inoperable to Non-Necrons, and would only activate if enough Necron Energy was supplied to it.

Shanaar:

Changed it.

You have seven items. Please remove one of them.

Darth Caelum:

Very nice. You are most definitely in the RP. Would it be possible to provide a description of your special ability?

Name: Goresmas'a

Gender: Neither (or male if you consider Orks to have a gender.)

Race: Ork

Items: Pistol, Ax for choppin, frag grenade(If allowed), extra ammo clip, Wrench, nail he chews on.

Bio: Goresmas'a is part of a newly made clan of ork called the Bone 'Eads(My ork clan I made up). He roughly a ork mek. He and his boyz mission was to see if this new planet can be a fun place to fight when his ship got suck into the wormhole. Once he woke up from the crash he found his boyz all dead, guess they weren't orky enough to live. He pick up what he could from their dead bodies, ammo and extra spiky bits for his armor.

Special: As with all mek boyz, he very good at making weapons and or vehicles of destruction. Though he need a lot of material to make something.

Just wanted to add my speical to the list.

Outcast107:

Just wanted to add my speical to the list.

Thank you. it is changed.

Eldar_playa1:

Shanaar:

Changed it.

You have seven items. Please remove one of them.

K removed the grenade.

Can't wait for this to start. Going to be awesome!

Also, does anyone know if daemons are capable of speaking?

Xandus117:

Daemons can speak, and although you are in the RP, I would definitely prefer a more full bio. I know thee isn't a whole lot to work with, but see if you can lengthen it a bit.

@Xandus: I think they use telepathy with psyker-enabled beings.

Eldar_playa1:

Xandus117:

Daemons can speak, and although you are in the RP, I would definitely prefer a more full bio. I know thee isn't a whole lot to work with, but see if you can lengthen it a bit.

Okay, I lengthened the bio.

@Xandus: Much better. Thank you.

Eldar_playa1:

Darth Caelum:

Very nice. You are most definitely in the RP. Would it be possible to provide a description of your special ability?

Well, basically 'We'll be Back!' is a Regeneration Ability. Necron Units with this Ability can Repair themselves from most Injuries. Overwhelming Damage typically gets the Necron teleported towards the Necron Tomb World their own to get Fully Repaired. Seeing as Unit 23 is nowhere near a Tomb World, he'll just keep regenerating if the fire stops. If not, he'll die, simple as that. This basically to allow him to go Toe-to-Toe with a Space Marine with a Decent chance of Survival. Just in case you choose Space Marines to stay of course.

However, if you don't like that, there's another Special Ability Disruption Field. Contrary to what you might be thinking, it allows you to cut through Armor, TANK Armor, and Flesh easily. The Ability is normally used when you have a Battalion of Tanks with a Group of Necron Warriors. Activate the Ability, wait one minute, then VOILA! A pile of Scrap Metal where a Tank Battalion used to be.

Of the two, I'd prefer 'We'll be Back!' seeing as that has more Long Term Benefits for me. Disruption Field only allows me to use it during a Fight, the other one allows me to apply it in any situation. Though, if you think about it, their basically the same thing. Battle Abilities. But I just Prefer Health Regeneration better. Still, their preety nifty abilities, cool and all.

This also evens the Playing field, since he can't ally with anyone anyway, and bringing in more than one Necron would be.....well, a BAD Idea for everyone Concerned. Like, really bad. A Necron Warrior can, if Caught Unaware, Rip a Tank apart with his Gauss Flayer. Several of them? Yeah, even Space Marines would be Utterly Screwed. Still, concerning Balance anyway, he's still fine. Once you let me find A Gauss Flayer, it should get Interesting. But by that time, Tau Players would conceivably get their Nifty Long Range rifles, and the Space Marines their Bolters. Tyranids have their Numbers, though they would obviously NOT like me, No chewy flesh to eat. IG players would...well...damnit. I Can't think of a weapon that would allow them to face any of Us on One on One combat. So, Sneaky tactics? Orks....you know, I haven't researched on Ork Weaponry enough to know what they'd do.

Also, I'v scoured HARD for other abilities that a Normal Necron can use. This is it. Every other abilitiy is almost exclusively for the Necron Lord, so these abilities are all I get to choose from.

Darth Caelum:
Orks....you know, I haven't researched on Ork Weaponry enough to know what they'd do.

Also, I'v scoured HARD for other abilities that a Normal Necron can use. This is it. Every other abilitiy is almost exclusively for the Necron Lord, so these abilities are all I get to choose from.

Heh I can fill you in. Mostly ork weapons is mostly a bunch of scraps put together and somehow can fire. If anyone else tries to fire a ork weapon, it wouldn't work. hell, if a ork finds a broken gun from someone else, they could probably fire it. Its all due to the WAAAAAGGHH!

Well, basically 'We'll be Back!' is a Regeneration Ability. Necron Units with this Ability can Repair themselves from most Injuries. Overwhelming Damage typically gets the Necron teleported towards the Necron Tomb World their own to get Fully Repaired. Seeing as Unit 23 is nowhere near a Tomb World, he'll just keep regenerating if the fire stops. If not, he'll die, simple as that. This basically to allow him to go Toe-to-Toe with a Space Marine with a Decent chance of Survival. Just in case you choose Space Marines to stay of course.

I'm fine with that ability. also, it doesn't necessarily have to be an ability named in the 40K books. you can make an ability up, in order to allow for more diversity. But i'm ok with "We'll be back, so long as it doesn't start to overpower your necron, which it don't think it will."

Outcast107:

Darth Caelum:
Orks....you know, I haven't researched on Ork Weaponry enough to know what they'd do.

Heh I can fill you in. Mostly ork weapons is mostly a bunch of scraps put together and somehow can fire. If anyone else tries to fire a ork weapon, it wouldn't work. hell, if a ork finds a broken gun from someone else, they could probably fire it. Its all due to the WAAAAAGGHH!

Ahh....good point. So basically, they use weapons the other races CAN'T, and as long as they BELIEVE it, they can theoretically make anything right? Strong.

Darth Caelum:

Outcast107:

Darth Caelum:

Ahh....good point. So basically, they use weapons the other races CAN'T, and as long as they BELIEVE it, they can theoretically make anything right? Strong.

Yeah, orks are just weird that way. They also believe if you paint a vehicle red it will go faster. For more info, here a link. http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Ork

Eldar_playa1:

I'm fine with that ability. also, it doesn't necessarily have to be an ability named in the 40K books. you can make an ability up, in order to allow for more diversity. But i'm ok with "We'll be back, so long as it doesn't start to overpower your necron, which it don't think it will."

Nah, Regen's fine with me.

Outcast107:

Darth Caelum:

Outcast107:

Darth Caelum:

Yeah, orks are just weird that way. They also believe if you paint a vehicle red it will go faster. For more info, here a link. http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Ork

God of Cunning Brutality and Brutal Cunning? Oh yeah, I say that pretty much wraps up Orkness from there.
Well, at least their Goals are simple. Fight anything and Everything there is, ore ever will be. I can accept that.

-ignore-

So Eldar, when are we starting this rp up? or are we waiting for more people to join (How many more might I ask if it is this option).

Well, I was hoping to get at least one of each aliiance option. so, one imperial, one eldar or tau, one 'nid, one necron, one chaos, and such. I do believe we have enough right now though. So, I intend on having us start this tomorrow at noon. I will leave the RP open though, because I don't intend to close it off until we have about fifteen players. But we will start it as long as we have the above mentioned characters, and others can jump in and still feel safe with at least one of their teammates.

@Eldar: What time zone are you in?

not sure what time zone, but here it is 9:00p.m.

Same here, also That's fine.

anyone who can't make it online tomorrow sometime after noon, PM me to let me know. once more, it is 9:20 where I am.

Oi'! I can'tz wait to startz da Dakka! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!

Would this be all right?

EDIT:Ahem, I'll have to do some Imp Research.
EDIT:Done. This should please you

@Eldar: Understood. You live one hour ahead of me.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked