The Webway: A Warhammer 40k RP (Started, Still Accepting!)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

@Nouw: You need a longer Bio. If you look at everyone else's, you will notice they are much longer. I need more than just two sentences to work with. Being an imperial guard, there must be more you can write about. Go into as much detail as you can. I'm not looking for a novel here, but a decent paragraph at the very least.

Eldar_playa1:
@Nouw: You need a longer Bio. If you look at everyone else's, you will notice they are much longer. I need more than just two sentences to work with. Being an imperial guard, there must be more you can write about. Go into as much detail as you can. I'm not looking for a novel here, but a decent paragraph at the very least.

Done and done good sir. If you want more, I can deliver.

@Eldar Crap, when you said it was 9pm where you where, it was 3am for me.

So... am I in?

@Nouw I believe so, though Idk. It seem legit to me for your profile. Though I believe something happen to the GM.

Yea... he won't be able to get on for another four hours or so... he is sorry for the inconvenience.

pyroguy86:
Yea... he won't be able to get on for another four hours or so... he is sorry for the inconvenience.

Its fine, things happen so I don't see a problem here.

Yea... I got back in this thing after checking a few of the inactive threads I was in.

Too late to sign up? Or can I start a charater sheet?

Mcupobob:

I think you can still post a sheet..

pyroguy86:

Mcupobob:

I think you can still post a sheet..

Cool-o

If I need to make any changes just give me a PM, might not be on though but I'll try and make them as quick as possible.

EDIT: better?

Hey everybody, i'm terribly sorry for not being on. Something urgent came up and I had to deal with it. From now on, I am going to try and be online from 8-10Pm where I live, but I will try to check periodically if needed. It is currently 5:50PM where I am, for anyone who needs to figure out how to work with this. The RP may or may not start tonight, I have to leave shorty and i'm not sure when I will be back, tonight or tomorrow. On the event I am not able to be on tonight, please be patient. I am writing the beginning of the RP start as we speak, I just don't know when I will be able to post it.

I'll try fit in the timetable. I'm at School now and could easily do it from here.

Eldar_playa1:
Hey everybody, i'm terribly sorry for not being on. Something urgent came up and I had to deal with it. From now on, I am going to try and be online from 8-10Pm where I live, but I will try to check periodically if needed. It is currently 5:50PM where I am, for anyone who needs to figure out how to work with this. The RP may or may not start tonight, I have to leave shorty and i'm not sure when I will be back, tonight or tomorrow. On the event I am not able to be on tonight, please be patient. I am writing the beginning of the RP start as we speak, I just don't know when I will be able to post it.

Well....that's certainly troublesome.

I'd be able to join you tomorrow,I THINK. But beyond that, I won't be able to join until Saturday. You see, I'm directly 12 hours from your time, so when you're 9:00PM, I'm 9:00AM. I'll be at school during those times, and I can't join this week since I have my Periodic Exams, so I have to spend that time studying....Troublesome....

Since I really rather not miss out on the start, can I send you my opening post? So that, even if I'm not online, my Character would still be Introduced.

Eldar_playa1:

I am six hours ahead of you. So if you post something at 8 pm, it would be 12 pm for me.
This week and next week I am still working from 7:45 till 17:00 and after that university starts again. So then I am able of posting stuff in the morning. I may get a chance to post in the morning this week and next.

ok, opening post is going to be up in a few minutes, checking my spelling and such

Illyrain opened up the door of the ship and stepped outside into the stale air of the Webway. The darkness all around him made Illyrian uncomfortable. He had been on darker worlds before, even on a planet in perpetual night, but never anything this dark. This was pitch black, and even his eyes has trouble seeing everything clearly. He looked up, only to see the ever-changing maze had already closed off the ceiling. There was no trace of the wall they had crashed into. He started to walk on, hoping to find a harlequin soon. As he moved in farther, he began to see scattered remains of the victims of the Web. Skeletons, scraps, everything anyone had carried into the web was still here. Once, he turned back, but he could no longer find the ship. The Web was constantly changing, and he remembered stories from his elders about how the outside of the web was always changing, whereas the inside was relatively stable, so he started walking farther and farther in, or so he thought.

At one point, Illyrian stopped at an intersection in the tunnel and sat down to wait. Eventually, someone had to show up, and he would be waiting. Illyrian hoped it would be someone friendly, for he didn't think he could manage to do much with only a pistol. Either way, he would be prepared for whatever he found. After a moment, he began to nod off slightly. might as well get in his sleep while he could. Time moved differently in the warp, and he had to be rested...

Reboot
Systems Activated.
Current Power Level at 47%.
Necron Frame: Malfunctioning.
Combat Algorithms: Intact.
Logic Algorithms: Malfunctioning
Investigation and Analysis Algorithms: Malfunctioning
Regeneration Ability: Malfunctioning
Communications Array: Off-Line
Long Range Receiver: Malfunctioning
Automatic Update:
Receiving Updated Command Scheme

ERROR
Signal Not Found.
Manual Update:
Receiving Updated Command Scheme

ERROR
Signal Not Found
Long Range Receiver: Off-Line
Switching Primary Focus
Short Range Receiver: On-Line
Relocating Command Structure to any Present Superior Programs
Download Complete Complete.
No New Orders Received
Scan for Superior Programs on current Planetary Body
Scan Complete
Superior Programs Present: 0
Superior Programs Hibernating: 0
Superior Programs Off-Line: 0
Automatic Repositioning of Current Program as Dominant in the Current Planetary Body
Complete
Scan for Inferior Programs on Current Planetary Body
Scan Complete
Inferior Programs Present: 24
Inferior Programs Hibernating: 24
Inferior Programs Off-Line: 24
Constructing Communications Link
Communications Link Activated.
Message Sending
ERROR
Units 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 24, 25: Current Status: Inoperable
Inferior Programs lacking the Necrontyr Intelligence Core.
Odds of Repair: 0%
Scanning Current Necron Frame

I. Necron Frame severely damaged due to Physical Impact 325% over acceptable parameters
A. Damage to Necron Frame are as follows

1. Left upper Appendage has been amputated. Initial Estimates states that 22% of Original Mass remains.

2. Right upper Appendage moderately damaged. Constant low-level damage exists throughout the Appendage, right fist has a
remaining grip force has been radically reduced. Ability to fire weapon still present. Ability to Siphon Energy still present
67% Mass still present

3. Left lower Appendage severely damaged. Basic Frame still present. Current Mass: 34% Ability to Progress: Affirmative

4. Right lower Appendage Moderately damaged. Basic Frame still present. Current Mass: 57%. Ability to Move: Affirmative

5. Main Body severely damaged. 57% Mass Still Intact

6. Cranium Still Intact. Moderately Damaged. Left Eye Socket , and entire Left quadrant, has been severely damaged. 75% Mass
still Intact

B. Initializing of Necron Regeneration Suggested.

C. DENIED. Current Power Levels proves suggested Tactic as Ineffective. Power Levels would reach 9% to carry out Repairs.

D. SUGGESTION. Current Location is Rich in Necron Energy. Energy Relocation Device is still active. Subsequent Energy absorbed will
me more than Sufficient.

E. Suggestion Approved.

The Necron Warship laid there silently, It's entire frame gutted and spread across the Landscape due to the Warp. All of the Lights were Inoperable, the Majority of them having been smashed o the way down. It had been like this for several days, silent and unmoving. Suddenly, a long and horrifying groan emanated from the ship. Metallic Screeching emanated from the Ship, promising the Deaths of any who stood against it.

Inside, Unit 23 slowly stood, It's Legs having been damaged nearly beyond recognition. It's right eye burned with an Emerald Glow, taking in It's new surrounding with careful machine Precision. It's Left Eye was missing, along with a large portion of it's skull. It's Right Arm still moved, a Long Metal Rod attached to It's wrist, crackling Malevolent Energy. It's Left arm was gone, all the way from the Bicep. Yet the Machine seemed indifferent. It set it's sights on another one of It's kind, unmoving yet life still apparent due to the Glowing Symbol on It's Forehead. Unit 23 began to move.

It started limping, slowly yet steadily towards it's brother. After a few minutes It was there, and It proceeded to slowly raise his right arm. Closing It's Fist, it Rammed the Metal Rod into it's fellows body. Emerald Energy began to emanate from the Pair.

Energy Levels: 47%........49%.......51%.....55%
Unit 1 Energy Levels depleted.
Reacquiring New Target
Unit 5: Distance: 2.7 meters.
Repositioning Necron Frame to new Target.
Regeneration: On-Line
Energy Levels: 55%......54%.......53%.....52%
Right Upper Appendage: 67%.....68%....69%
Right Lower Appendage: 57%....58%.....59%
Left Upper Appendage: 22%.....23%.....24%
Left Lower Appendage: 34%......35%.....36%
Main Body: 57%.....58%....59%
Cranium: 75%....76%....77%

S7 stepped out from underneath a metal plating that had fallen in the crash. He let out a low hiss as he looked around, hoping to see his fellow hormagaunts soon. Sure enough, within seconds he was surrounded by his four other Hormagaunts, each hissing and rubbing their claws together in anticipation.

S7 turned and quickly sprinted from the wreckage, the others close behind. Their eyes could see well in the dark, and they sensed that not all life forms in the ships crash had died. S7 let out a shrill shriek, loud enough to be heard in the surrounding vicinity. First thing first, they needed to find an unchanging room and try to contact the Hive Mind... that or start a spawning room from which more tyranid would be made. For that, they needed to hunt and kill the life forms here though.

S7 sprinted down a tunnel, smelling blood. He let out a low hiss as they began to close in on his target, the others staying silent in his wake. He was the most fearsome of all hormagaunts now runnning down the tunnel. He would be the one to lead the hunt.

Other Hormagaunt bodies could be seen scattered in the tunnels, or back at the shipwreck... their assault having only begun as the ship crashed.

Sarge woke up with a splitting headache trying to recall what happened. Blood stains and slash marks were all over the room, and the rest of the Orca. The Dark Eldar are pretty thorough, but for some reason they did not bother to check if he was dead or just unconscious. After looking around, he decided it was no longer able to fly and gathered up supplies he deemed necessary in a hostile environment. He stepped out of the ship, and activated the scanner.

The communicator in his helmet was not working, but it was still operational. As to be expected of uncharted territory.

The world was dark, but not cold. The thermal scanner paired with the impeccable eyesight capabilities of Tau allowed some limited vision. Eventually, a small heat signature appeared and Sarge began to walk towards it, wary of what it could be. Anything but an Eldar or a fellow Tau would be bad news.

The shield drone activates as he gets nearer the signature, pulse rifle ready.

Goresmas'a look through his crash ship wreckage. Looking for anything he could make use of. Throwing things behind him in a sloppy manner. He growl to himself as he found another dead ork slugga. "Blazted unorky ork!" he yell out loudly. Throwing the small ork to the side with the others after looking through the dead ork gear. "A w'ole lot of not'in..."

He chew on his favorite nail, wondering what to do now as he look around. He heard tales from the other ork boyz about this place. Called the webz way, odd name it looks nothing like a web. If Goresmas'a he would have name this place, it would have been called uzlezz. He pick up his gear and started on his way. He might as well find something else to rummage through or to shoot up.

"Aaah, my head. which one of you FNG's, didn't tie there sht down properly?" Getting up and looking where the White Shields where seated, Hawk didn't saw them. "Where the heck did they they run of to." Checking to see if the pilots know where they have gone of to, he checked in the cockpit.
"He do you flyboys know where the FNG's are?" Looking in to the cockpit, Hawk didn't see they pilots. "Where heck is everybody?" Looking out of the cockpit, Hawk only saw blackness.
Where in the Emperors name am I
Getting out of the shuttle, Hawk looked outside. Turning around on the spot, Hawk didn't spot them. Look back at the shuttle, Hawk saw that it was gone.
Emperor protect me, where the heck am I?

Richard looked around uneasy, the ship had crashed and he sensed that there was no need to check for surivers. He gathered his goods, this was a chance for his escape. To where though? He steped outside seeing a land dark and unforgiving, He didn't wish to be part of this world, he wanted to be back in the lush forest and woods back home.

Sighing he ducked back into the ship and scanned for any clues, he had heard there were other ships coming this way mabey they had crashed or landed or something. He knew he couldn't stay here, he might as well finish his duty mabey get transerferd to a different world were he can take his leave. He pulled a map of the dead radio guy, to bad he didn't make it, he was awfully nice. Richard was more angry that the radio didn't work. Looking over the map he found nothing worth noting.

He set out, hoping to find anyone friendly, and really hoping to find someone who can get him off this planet and home.

Karkesh climbed out from the hull of the crashed ship. He looked down at the wreckage below him. The front half of the ship was crushed up against a several large rocks and a few bodies were scattered around the area. Karkesh tore off with his teeth the last bit of meat on a bone and began climbing down the side of the ship.

When he finally touched ground, he starting observing the area around him. He soon realized that he was in the Webway. A long time ago, he had heard another bloodletter talk about this place. He said that the cowardly Eldar used it to hide and travel with.

"Eldar...the shedding of their blood would please Khorne greatly." he thought

Karkesh quickly ran off, away from the ship. It was time to hunt Khorne's enemies...

Illyrian woke from his sleep-like trance when he began to hear footsteps echoing off the floors. He quickly got into position to fire his pistol, hiding at the corner of the wall. whatever it was, it almost definitely couldn't see as well as he could, so he had the advantage. He turned and looked around the corner, but couldn't see anyone yet, so he lay in wait. sound carried far in these tunnels...

Name: Vre'tan

Age: Cannot remember - since stasis 110 years have passed.

Race: Eldar

Special-talent: War mask of Khaine - granting the lack of fear or emotion in combat situations.
Eldar speed and strength meaning I am more far more agile than humans and stronger.

Items: Warp spider armour, warp pack and dual wielding wrist blades.

Bio: Vre'tan is an Eldar from the craftworld Anarus - Anarus being the lost foundry world of the Torn'lo or the Fallen Citadel, which was the main world of war before the fall of the Eldar. Vre'tan lost his memory of the events during the fall of the eldar, however the status pod he found himself in told him when he had been put in stasis. When he left the stasis pod he found a small Eldar outpost on a long abandoned planet. He was stranded there for 2 years before an Eldar scout ship found him and took him back to the craft world of Aloitoic. There he tried to settle into the path of the aspect artist, but soon the call of Khaine grew in him and he stirred and followed the path of the warp spider for 30 cycles. After that he found himself the victim of a varict'ol, when during the dance of Slannesh - performed by the harlequins of the laughing god he was marked by the laughing God to be seeker, an Eldar exiled from the craftworlds, living only to find lost craftworlds, so that one day the infinity circuit may bring forth the laughing God, and the rebirth of the dieing Eldar race. And so he set off alone, styling himself as a rogue trader, being given his own ship to go on his search, a search into the webway.

Hope its not too late :P

The tyranids stopped just short of the lifeform who had been sitting just a few seconds before. They were almost certain that he couldn't see them, but as a precaution they crouched low and made no sound at all.

The only thing running through their mind was killing. One tyranid opened his jaw in anticipation, his head branded with a 3. Venom began to drip from his jaws, in preparation to fire it at the lifeform.

Goresmas'a walk through the maze webway. Mumbling to himself loudly not caring if anyone hears him. He wanted a fight so he could plate his choppa into the poor unexpected prey head. Then he would loot them of all their things. He move the nail in his mouth like a cigar. Bored of walking already and wonder if he could make something that makes walking fasta.

As he walk in the webway he thought he could make out something farther away. It was hard to tell as things seem to change and twist in here. But he move quicker, wanting to see what it was as he came closer he could see it was a wreckage of some kind.

Ace woke up from the rubble. There were flashing lights everywhere, pipes hissing out steam and mountains of bloody and gored bodies.

"Son of a bitch" He muttered

He gathered what he had, a Medkit, his Hell Pistol and Rations. He had a head wound that was dried up. He stood up but couldn't keep his balance, needing a wall to rest on. His vision was still hazy and could only barely see. He decided to look for an exit and quickly found a hole in the wall, possbily from the crash although it looked man made. He barely climbed up and saw a shocking sight.

"I'm in a damn webway. Eldar Scum are here" He said to himself

Sarge comes upon a corner and sends the shield and tracking drones to investigate.

Karkesh was walking around when he thought he heard a noise. He stopped walking and listened carefully. He could hear the sound of something mumbling nearby. He began creeping in the direction of the noise.

He soon spotted what appeared to be an Ork nearby. The creature was approaching the wreckage of a ship.

"Orks are tough fighters. I should try to catch him off-guard." he thought

Karkesh spotted a pile of rock near a cave entrance. He quietly climbed up the rock and stood over the mouth of the cave, watching the Ork. He wanted to observe the Ork for a while before killing him.

Goresmas'a came to what seem like a Imperial ship. Seeing many dead bodies of the weak pinky 'umies. He started to loot what he could. Founding out someone already did as he grumble and kick one of the bodies. "Stuipd 'Umies!" he shouted.

He spat the screw he been "chewing" on for a while in his mouth. He started to look at the ship, looking it over to see if it savable enough for him to get to work. Grunting as he see its the same way as his own ship. Grunted again as he pick up a new bolt and put it in his mouth. He would continue on his way, hoping to catch up to these 'umies and loot them. He pick up a piece of metal and threw it in the air. Where ever the sharp end point to he would go. It pointed to north, the way he was normally going. He started to jog that way, wondering if there were any Marine Boyz with the 'Umies. He enjoy a good fight.

Seeing the coast is clear, Sarge called the drones back and began walking around the corner to find a Bloodletter 30 metres away the tracker did not pick up. Sarge was about to gasp, but remembered it did not know he was here and his mental condition made sure it could not detect him without using the primary senses.

Sarge slowly advances and tries to find a way around the Bloodletter.

@Nouw: The webway is an intricate maze, ever changing and impossible to navigate. The walls are about 15 feet tall and about as wide, and the tunnels are all perfectly formed. It is pitch black, and things can get in easily, but getting out is next to impossible, because of the changes of the tunnels.. Like the beginning post said, only the eldar harlequins (Who will all be NPC's) have been able to navigate it alive. It is the realm of the Eldar Laughing God, and he resides so far in that it is impossible to find him.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked