Prey: A Character Driven RP [FINISHED]

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 24 NEXT

Credits:

by jojo

Prey; A character driven RP

"Stop!"

The cry echoes through the empty alley as a person in a hoodie jumps from a fire escape. He lands in a mess on the street. Two men in plain-black clothing appear above, and the young man below sprints away. The two climb down as fast as possible, and run after him. The busy morning crowd parts for the uncoming people. The young man quickly crosses the street, and looks back gleefully as the two others are held up by the colonne of vehicles passing.

He quickly slips into another alley, and runs for several more blocks before stopping. His panting can be clearly heard in the silence between the buildings. He looks around for his chasers. He starts as one of them appears at the end of the alley. He starts running again, onto the streets. A cab narrowly avoids a crash as the young man stops on the streets. He started what would be a colourful string of swears.

If the street wasn't destroyed by an explosion.

Now in crappy MS Paint-o-vision!
(All I had to work with. Give me a break.)

G'day folks! Samuel here again, back after a long hiatus. I doubt anyone missed me. Anyway, after thinking it over I'm willing to try again, with something I haven't tried before. This story hasn't yet been written. I hava only a concept, and the story will be written, of course withing the RP, but the starting story will be taken from your backstory.

Concept

Among the masses of people walking the street everyday, there appear only normal people with the slight excentric here and there. The truth is that there are special people everywhere. Magicians, deities, faeries, shapeshifters, 'mutants' and whatever you can name. Even a few that you can't. Normally they garner nothing but an odd look as they go about their daily buisness. But these days something is hunting them, often paired with dangerous endings. The community is scared, more so than usual. And paranoia leads to fear.

So that's about it. You give me a sheet with whatever character you want to have. Type doesn't matter. Half-god, Superhero, Shapeshifter, Magician, whatever you want. I'll give you a few tips to keep the powers in respectable boundries. I also require a pretty meaty backstory, so I can incorperate that into the main plot. Also any notes you wanna give me, PM them so I can take heed of 'em.

There are a few rules though.

All characters need to be original content, so nothing from shows or series. For example, you can't use the guy from The Last Airbender, but you could use an elemental as character.

Although every character will be awesome to a certain degree, I'd discourage trenchcoating or anything of that manner. Emotional problems are pretty swell, to a certain degree. Don't overdo it.

People will have their own little stories going on here, and I'd ask all the players to go along with them. Don't spoil the other players intentions.

Also, most importantly, have fuh eh?

Characters:

SeanTheSheep:

Dragonizer:

JoJoDeathunter:

i don't know:

TheDoctor445:

Interest...perhaps...

Interesting...
So we make up our own sheet template?

Fallen-Angel Risen-Demon:
Interesting...

Yeah, you do. With whatever you want to share.

SamuelT:

Fallen-Angel Risen-Demon:
Interesting...

Yeah, you do. With whatever you want to share.

Awsomne. I'll have a sheet up by tomorow at the latest ; )

What ho, Other Sam? I've heard tell of your works from around the site, but I don't believe you and I have ever actually played together; I would rather love to remedy that, and quite frankly, this RP sounds like a spectacular opportunity to do so. Expect a sheet in a few minutes.

Hope it's good.

Bookmarked, sheet in progress.

Please note I am in school, so I will only be able to post in the evening and on weekends. If this is a problem, let me know and I'm sure we can sort something out

What ho, Other Sam? I've seen your works around and about, and heard tell of your many exploits, but I don't believe you and I have ever played together; well, this RP seems like the perfect opportunity to remedy that! Expect a sheet in a few minutes.

Sorry, disregard

Sounds interesting
So what would be considered overpowered?
I'll probably have a sheet up by tomorrow once i get a good idea

Sam G:
What ho, Other Sam? I've heard tell of your works from around the site, but I don't believe you and I have ever actually played together; I would rather love to remedy that, and quite frankly, this RP sounds like a spectacular opportunity to do so. Expect a sheet in a few minutes.

Sam G:
What ho, Other Sam? I've seen your works around and about, and heard tell of your many exploits, but I don't believe you and I have ever played together; well, this RP seems like the perfect opportunity to remedy that! Expect a sheet in a few minutes.

What ho, Other Sam!

0_0 There has been talk about my work? Do tell.

Quad08:
Bookmarked, sheet in progress.

Please note I am in school, so I will only be able to post in the evening and on weekends. If this is a problem, let me know and I'm sure we can sort something out

Not a problem. I'm still in school myself, and will only be able to post in evenings and weekends.

SolomonG679:
Sounds interesting
So what would be considered overpowered?
I'll probably have a sheet up by tomorrow once i get a good idea

I concider overpowered to be someone that can destroy planets with but a snap. Something like that.

EDIT:On second thought, I'm out.

I truly apologize for this, but I am backing out of the RP.

Sorry for wasting your time

If I can get a reserve, my sheet'll be up in the next few days, since this'll take a bit of thought and probably some trial and error.

SamuelT:

What ho, Other Sam!

0_0 There has been talk about my work? Do tell.

I concider overpowered to be someone that can destroy planets with but a snap. Something like that.[/quote]
Indeed; young Strumpets seemed to be rather fond of you, and others I've spoken to refer to you as some kind of "old god", and hold you in some reverence...

If there's a spot still open, I'd love to reserve a place and will work on a sheet presently, though I am going to be away over the weekend I'm afraid, so if you start while I'm gone and you don't want an extra character getting shoe-horned in a few days late, then it's perfectly OK to let me go and I won't harbor any hard feelings.
Oh, and Samuel, I promise not to accidentally break this one if I can help it. I didn't mean to with Lampshade, but once again, I'm sorry.
UPDATE: Actually, I wouldn't mind if you rejected me out of hand, I know a first impression can sour a relationship, you'd be entitled to in my opinion, though I'd rather you didn't.

Can I please note that I don't want Lily to fall into a Mary Sue role. I would expect at least one or two characters to take vehement opposition to her for some reason or another.

SeanTheSheep:
If there's a spot still open, I'd love to reserve a place and will work on a sheet presently, though I am going to be away over the weekend I'm afraid, so if you start while I'm gone and you don't want an extra character getting shoe-horned in a few days late, then it's perfectly OK to let me go and I won't harbor any hard feelings.
Oh, and Samuel, I promise not to accidentally break this one if I can help it. I didn't mean to with Lampshade, but once again, I'm sorry.

S'okay. I still need to prepare with backstories and all that, so it might take a while for this to actually get off the ground.

And that Lampshade thing wasn't really your fault. Made without heart, as a last ditch effort to have a good time before peeping out. No worries. :P

[ALSO UPDATE]

I don't hold grudges.

i don't know:
Can I use the main character of the Shift series of flash games? if so, reserve, if not, still reserve.

Uh...

SamuelT:

There are a few rules though.

All characters need to be original content, so nothing from shows or series. For example, you can't use the guy from The Last Airbender, but you could use an elemental as character.
Also, most importantly, have fuh eh?

Does that answer your question?

can I be a made up character that somehow relates to the series?

i don't know:
can I be a made up character that somehow relates to the series?

It's not my decision to make, but I'd say as long as you don't make a direct reference to the series, then I can't imagine why not. I think using characters from in certain universes should be fine, just write them so they fit into the universe of Prey and don't relate to the original.
Again, this is just me playing it by ear, it's up to Samuel to decide the final yes or no, I can only advise.

Hmmm. This is my first RP, but I'm feeling creative lately, so if it's alright with the OP, I'd like to join in.

I have a character right here!

Oooh, I'm interested.

Mind you, a little hesitant since that dragon RP you ran with Sparrow died so prematurely. YOU BROKE MY HEART, SAM!

*sniff* Okay, I'm done. I'll try to think up a sheet, but if I can't think of something spectacular I probably won't bother. I've been keeping pretty busy lately, and don't want to add a half-assed RP character into the mix.

Sporky111:
Oooh, I'm interested.

Mind you, a little hesitant since that dragon RP you ran with Sparrow died so prematurely. YOU BROKE MY HEART, SAM!

*sniff* Okay, I'm done. I'll try to think up a sheet, but if I can't think of something spectacular I probably won't bother. I've been keeping pretty busy lately, and don't want to add a half-assed RP character into the mix.

We said we'd RP together gain, and here we are.

SeanTheSheep:

Sporky111:
Oooh, I'm interested.

Indeed. Funny how things work out like that. Though, I don't think our RP forum is so huge that it would have taken too long. I think I've RPed with, or at least encountered everyone who's put a sheet up so far; except for Zirat.

I feel old, suddenly.

Sporky111:

SeanTheSheep:

Sporky111:
Oooh, I'm interested.

Indeed. Funny how things work out like that. Though, I don't think our RP forum is so huge that it would have taken too long. I think I've RPed with, or at least encountered everyone who's put a sheet up so far; except for Zirat.

I feel old, suddenly.

I've encountered everyone in the thread, but I've only RPed with a few.
My word my grammar and spelling are off this evening.

///

It's my first RP, but i'm willing to give this a shot.

Here's my sheet. The Bio's kind of lengthy, feel free to skip to the last paragraph for all the important bits.

Right, I'm a long-time RPer, but I've never RPed on this site itself before. Been looking for something good, so I've gotta say that this caught my eye! I might be a little rusty, however; haven't RPed in a while.

Hurrah, lengthy bios. No personality because I prefer to let that develop as I go rather than making it right off the bad. Eyah, hope that wasn't too bad.

Though this is my first rp on the escapist i have role played on other forums before. Hope kyros is acceptable though he most likely will be subject to change.

SolomonG679:

Just looking over your sheet and..I'm just wondering how he's not going to be considered Overpowered?

I'm not the GM, nor do I have influnce over who is choosen but being immune to 'most forms of damage', creaiting weapons within yourself, healing factor and control overnall technology in an area just seems to be a bit much.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 24 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked