Prey: A Character Driven RP [FINISHED]

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 24 NEXT

Dragonizer:
-Snip-

Heh, we seem to have a pair of very similar characters. Either they'll get on like a house on fire, or be at each other's throats in moments.

Quad08:

SolomonG679:

Just looking over your sheet and..I'm just wondering how he's not going to be considered Overpowered?

I'm not the GM, nor do I have influnce over who is choosen but being immune to 'most forms of damage', creaiting weapons within yourself, healing factor and control overnall technology in an area just seems to be a bit much.

I hadnt looked at it that way i suppose that he will need to be altered to make him not as powerful though i dont see how you got a healing factor out of his abilites

SeanTheSheep:

Dragonizer:
-Snip-

Heh, we seem to have a pair of very similar characters. Either they'll get on like a house on fire, or be at each other's throats in moments.

Oh wow, you're right. Wellp, it seems a lot of the characters in this RP lead or have led some sort of life of crime, eh? All of the character interactions should be interesting. :P

SolomonG679:

I hadnt looked at it that way i suppose that he will need to be altered to make him not as powerful though i dont see how you got a healing factor out of his abilites

My bad, I thought your sheet mentioned something about fast healing

Dragonizer:

SeanTheSheep:

Dragonizer:
-Snip-

Oh wow, you're right. Wellp, it seems a lot of the characters in this RP lead or have led some sort of life of crime, eh? All of the character interactions should be interesting. :P

That's what we usually aim to do: Be interesting.

Want. Much want.

Reserve?

Sheet soon...

May I reserve?

Sheet incoming in 12 hours more or less.

Damn. This is what happens when your only guidelines for the character sheet are "Must be a character sheet." That said, putting this many mankind-hating non-human creatures in a room will hopefully be fun as hell.

Edit: Disregard, dropped out

RootbeerJello:
Damn. This is what happens when your only guidelines for the character sheet are "Must be a character sheet." That said, putting this many mankind-hating non-human creatures in a room will hopefully be fun as hell.

Oh deep joy. I often find haughty, self-satisfied superhuman beings of some kind or another more annoying than Trenchies. I'm not even going to go into the fact that a fair amount of SHBs are trenchies too, which makes my blood boil.
I don't automatically dislike them, they can be fully functional characters in and of themselves, much like Mary Sue's/Marty Stu's, but done wrong, they can be ridiculously irritating, because they aren't quite godmoding, but they come dangerously close.

Also, from a quick count, we already have seven characters that are at the very least immune to aging.
Oh dear...

SeanTheSheep:

RootbeerJello:

Oh deep joy. I often find haughty, self-satisfied superhuman beings of some kind or another more annoying than Trenchies. I'm not even going to go into the fact that a fair amount of SHBs are trenchies too, which makes my blood boil.
I don't automatically dislike them, they can be fully functional characters in and of themselves, much like Mary Sue's/Marty Stu's, but done wrong, they can be ridiculously irritating, because they aren't quite godmoding, but they come dangerously close.

Also, from a quick count, we already have seven characters that are at the very least immune to aging.
Oh dear...

Now that I think it over, my character actually seems pretty balanced, considering that his shadow form doesn't deal with light in any way that could be considered good, and any form he assumes behaves only slightly better than the real deal.

*yawn* I got most of my sheet done today, but I'm too tired to get my bio finished. I had a lot of mythology to read up on. Expect it to be up tomorrow.

Dear lord, I haven't seen such a rag-tag group of RPer's since I quit that DMC site.
*grins widely*
Kewl.
I've got a character idea, but feel free to tell me I'm out if you're running high on characters, it hasn't solidified yet.

Nevermind, I'm too tired tonight to fix up a character, even one as awesome as I've got in mind. Not to mention, y'all seem to be on the other side of the world from me. <.<

For everyone reserving, I'm still 'accepting' until the end of this day. After that I'll pick at the most ten to write the story with the next day.

Also; Damn. I give you free reign, and you give me gods. >=D

Not sure if that was what I was shooting for though.

Made a few edits to my sheet.

This is an edited and more specific copy of my character sheet.
Its toned down a bit and provides more info on his abilites and adds some past

Ok, i'm working on my sheet now.

Edit: Here's my sheet

Hope you like it :-)

Sparrow:

Is it me or does some feel a little bit...average?

EDIT: Also this is my edited character sheet.

Souldemon8:

Sparrow:

Is it me or does some feel a little bit...average?

Depends what you mean by "average".

A)Immortal Mages
B)Shape-Shifters
C)Demigods
D)A Hangman
E)Spirits
F)A journalist
G)Half-Demons
H)A little sheltered Asian girl who can turn invisible.

Which one of these things seems a little "average"?

Souldemon8:
A)Immortal Mages
B)Shape-Shifters
C)Demigods
D)A Hangman
E)Spirits
F)A journalist
G)Half-Demons
H)A little sheltered Asian girl who can turn invisible.

Which one of these things seems a little "average"?

Most of them. If you count average as "happening a lot", then cliche and average go hand in hand. Most of the ideas are cliche. Hence, mine would somewhat be the opposite of average.

But if you mean average as in boring... yeah, probally. Thought I should inject a little bit of normality into this though.

"Among the masses of people walking the street everyday, there appear only normal people with the slight excentric here and there. The truth is that there are special people everywhere. Magicians, deities, faeries, shapeshifters, 'mutants' and whatever you can name. Even a few that you can't. Normally they garner nothing but an odd look as they go about their daily buisness. But these days something is hunting them, often paired with dangerous endings. The community is scared, more so than usual. And paranoia leads to fear."

Well I'm just saying, as long as Samuel can find some way for your character to be hunted for what ever reason then I guess Alex will fit in fine.

Souldemon8:
"Among the masses of people walking the street everyday, there appear only normal people with the slight excentric here and there. The truth is that there are special people everywhere. Magicians, deities, faeries, shapeshifters, 'mutants' and whatever you can name. Even a few that you can't. Normally they garner nothing but an odd look as they go about their daily buisness. But these days something is hunting them, often paired with dangerous endings. The community is scared, more so than usual. And paranoia leads to fear."

Well I'm just saying, as long as Samuel can find some way for your character to be hunted for what ever reason then I guess Alex will fit in fine.

I doubt it's much of an issue. It's not like he has the writing ability of a five year old or something, he'll be able to get something out of that easily. More so, infact.

Is this game still open to new players? If it is, I may try to create a character sheet later today.

A small edit. Changes are in bold-italics.

Darth Caelum:
-snip-

Sporky111:
-snip-

Well, well, well couple of familiar faces here. Looking forward to RPing with you guys, assuming we all make it in

Congrats people. For the ones that didn't make it; I'm sorry. If there are washouts you'll be the first to know. I'm really sorry. Believe me that this is the part I hate the most; cutting people out.

Whelp. Now it's time for me to finish the backstory. It won't be apparent from the get-go, but it involves all of you personally.

Also; do the players want to 'travel' as a group, or individually? Or a mixture of that?:P

Who is in? The text in the spoiler was too long... You better edit it.
Assuming that I am in, one way or the other, I prefer interaction with the other players. It is one of the finest forms of roleplay there are.

Hang on. Still editing it. I will edit it into this post when it's done.

Edit: There. Done. Damn character-limit.

SamuelT:

Congrats people. For the ones that didn't make it; I'm sorry. If there are washouts you'll be the first to know. I'm really sorry. Believe me that this is the part I hate the most; cutting people out.

Whelp. Now it's time for me to finish the backstory. It won't be apparent from the get-go, but it involves all of you personally.

Also; do the players want to 'travel' as a group, or individually? Or a mixture of that?:P

I would prefer for Maya to be with at-least one other, as I think you have planned anyway, as she doesn't know much about the world and generally needs looking after. After that it would be nice to slowly meet up with the other characters and groupings until the whole gang are together :-)

Edit: Just thought of something, do you want us to PM stuff like this to you in future to keep the thread short?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 24 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked