The Omega Generation (Looking for 1-2 Players. Read first post and PM your CS to the admins)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 NEXT

Winterfrostr set the reciever down, almost relieved. She wasn't one for conversations, and talking with Phantom often irritated her.

She was not partial to her... companions in the group (save for their boss, that is), though she would at least work with them to achieve a common goal: domination of Omegas over humans.

But for now, it was time for that nice bath.

-Blue Moon Apartments-

After downing the beer, Phantom was ready to call it a night. Checking the time as he made his way to his bedroom, it was barely 11:40. So much had happened within the last 24 hours that had kept him awake, but it wasn't anything new. "Ugh. God, I hope I don't have a hangover tomorrow." he thought, climbing into bed with his day clothes still on.

-Lauren's Orphanage-

As Alex wore down the I-beam in front of him, his body began to slip into a calmer state. He didn't notice it at first, concentrating on molding the metal instead. Soon, his breathing slowed and his head dipped a few inches. For a second, he could feel it falling, then snapped himself back to attention.

Looking around again, it was still just him and Kiru. No one else was back from going inside the orphanage. Checking his handiwork for a minute, Alex quickly decided to stop where he was and follow their example. Fatigue from the days events, coupled with the rapid succession of them, was starting to get to him.

As he got to his feet, slipping his gloves on in the process, his hand rubbed up against the morpher he was still wearing on his wrist. Seeing it got him to crack a smile for a minute. "Wish I had my laptop with me." he said aloud. "At least I could watch a few..." Stopping mid-sentence, he then recalled that along with his personal firearm, he had left his laptop back at the campus as well in his haste to leave.

Looking over his shoulder in the direction of the school, he now had another reason to try and get back there if he was able. Every student with a working laptop during the Omega Event had the upper hand in getting communications sent out wirelessly, and if they were truly going to be on the run until this mess was over, having one nearby would be a plus.

Inside the orphanage, it was pitch black aside from the moonbeams coming through the windows and the ceiling opening. Trying to avoid thinking about Ben, Alex snuck around the place as quietly as he could to find a place to crash, with the sounds of loud and quiet snores masking some of his footsteps. With no idea where everyone likely was, he noticed a couch nearby that seemed to be unoccupied, and settled into it. It didn't have a sheet he could use, but within minutes of laying down, he was fast asleep.

-Lauren's Orphanage-
June 21st, 2025
9:43 a.m.

The next morning, Alex awoke to see the front room of the building lit up by the morning sunlight, and some of the kids running around. With a groan, he moved onto his back and closed his eyes, trying to get some more sleep.

Erica yawned, stretching her arms over her head. Her night had been peaceful, yet devoid of dreams. till, after everything that had happened last night, that was a blessing,

She threw some clean clothes on - she really had to get the rest of them cleaned - and went down to the kitchen for some breakfast. Already, the kids were up and about, laughing and playing like nothing had happened.

Erica smiled at them fondly, as she picked out a box of cereal. Taking a bowl, she glanced around and asked, "Where's the rest of our motley band?"

The sound of the children running amok had easily woken up Roar which he isn't please about. He wanted to get some more sleep but the sound outside had fully waken him up.

I guess this is another thing I got to get used to. Goodbye peaceful mornings.

He mouth tasted bitter which he knows all too well that it's his morning breath. He walks toward the nearby sink to wash his month with water. After that he realise that he had slept with his clothing on from last night, he put on his mask on and headed downstairs.

When he arrives he saw Erica is already having breakfast.

He said "Good Morning, mind if I get something to eat?"

Hearing talk about breakfast, Alex's stomach loudly responded. He was used to not eating much at times, but the noise was like he was being starved. Opening his eyes again, the sunlight was streaming over the couch and he could hear more chatter coming from nearby; seeing daylight again after last night was a welcome change.

He then sat up, groaning for a second and covering his eyes while he truly started waking up. Some of the sounds around him seemed faster than they should have been, but he quickly shrugged it off and stood up, making his way towards the kitchen.

Along the way, he saw Lauren coming their way. Waving to her, he stepped into the kitchen, seeing Erica already eating. "Morning, guys."

"Morning," Erica responded, pausing to take a bite of her cereal. She took a moment to chew swallow, then ask, "So, what's our plan for today? Should we lay low for a bit longer, or should we get out of here?"

Marcus' ability allowed him to easily sneak back to the orphanage without being seen. A couple of people wandering the street thought they spotted him, but assumed they were seeing things. Marcus reconstituted in front of the orphanage and took a glance over his shoulder before entering. He hoped no one would ask about his absence as he found everyone together eating breakfast.

2ndblackjedi:

Thinking about Erica's question as he took a seat at the table, Alex responded first. "We should definitely get out of here ASAP. Although,..." Looking over the counter of the kitchen, he saw Marcus coming their way. "Morning." he said, waving once to him.

"Morning," Marcus replied casually, wondering what there was to eat. He rarely need to eat anymore, but he couldn't start the day on an empty stomach, or whatever passed for a stomach in his body now.

"What's going on?" he asked, wanted to know their next move.

A loud *thump* could be heard throughout the apartment, followed by a low, feminine "Owwwwwww!"

Dawn gripped the head she'd just landed squarely on, moaning a bit as she got her bearings after falling head-first from the couch and thusly being jolted awake. Her sheet was tangled around her legs like some sort of sentient seaweed. Somehow, she found her red hair-tie and pulled her hair back into its signature messy, golden pony-tail.

She'd had that damn nightmare again. Well, she's had several, and quite a few have been recurring, especially after the Event, but this one... the others faded, shortened, became more and more fake. This one didn't. In fact, each time it seemed to get worse.

Dawn shook her head, which just made it hurt again. She sat back on the couch and rubbed the sleep from her eyes, then reached for her duffel bag on the floor past the arm.

Only it wasn't there. Confused, Dawn looked down, then checked the other side of the couch, then behind it, then under it, panic slowly mounting. Then she remembered: She'd left it at the orphanage!

She swore under her breath in several languages, most of which she didn't know, and even a few she didn't know she knew. After that, she started making some up. How could you forget your duffel bag and guitar, you frellin' idiot?! her brain screamed.

2ndblackjedi:
"Morning. What's going on?"

"Erica's wondering what we should do next." Alex replied. He resisted getting up to get a bowl of his own, but asked for the cereal anyway. "I have an idea that I want to pursue that may help us, but I want to hear some ideas you guys have first."

------------

-Blue Moon Apartments-

The following morning, Phantom awoke to the sunlight streaming through his window, which he had forgotten to protect with the blinds the previous night. Shielding his eyes and groaning as he turned in the bed, he stood up from the edge for a second to get his balance in order, despite the horrible migraine he had. "I need to stop tempting fate." he thought, rubbing his temple.

Ultraman950:
A loud *thump* could be heard throughout the apartment, followed by a low, feminine "Owwwwwww!"

"She's awake already? Terrible timing on that." Walking over to the window, he shut the blinds and let his eyes finish adjusting to the new dim light before leaving the room. Still in his civilian clothes and ready for a shower, he headed for the kitchen first, noticing Dawn on the couch. "Morning. You sleep OK?"

A regular headache had since formed under the pain of hitting her head. She tried to hide it when her "partner" re-entered the room.

"Uh, about as well as could be expected... I guess. Um... how about you?"

Dawn was never a "morning person". At least not the stereotypical "wake up grinning ear-to-ear, singing a merry song"-type. Besides which, the past five years had made her into something of a night-owl, and being the morning-type was hard to do after four hours of sleep. Or with a headache.

"What about that vehicle you guys were working on?" Marcus asked. He surveyed the food available, wondering what he should take.

Ultraman950:
"Uh, about as well as could be expected... I guess. Um... how about you?"

"Headache. Hangover, maybe." Phantom replied. "If you want, you can get a shower first. I'll wait." Grabbing a jug of milk from the fridge and the first glass he could see, he poured a glass, hoping it would give him some relief.

------------

2ndblackjedi:
"What about that vehicle you guys were working on?"

"Looking at it now, I think we would be better served if I made each of us a sword or something instead of us driving it." Alex replied. "And, if the military is looking for us, that thing's a death trap."

"Nice to see we didn't waste the trip to the dump at least," Marcus said sarcastically. "If this place is really compromised, how are we going to get these kids out?"

Roar had listened in the conversation while having some cereal for breakfast.

He reply to Alex "I could do with a pair of metal gauntlets if you going to dismantle that car. All I can say is that I have experiences in hand to hand combat."

"Um, well... thanks, but water and I don't... get along. Y'know. Getting submerged kinda hurts. I don't really sweat, either, so smell shouldn't be a problem. I hope."

Dawn began rubbing her hands.

"I never said I would break the bus down." Alex said in response. "There's enough metal from the I-beam we found to make maybe half a dozen weapons, though metal gauntlets would take some finesse to make." At the suggestion of gauntlets, he remembered the warhammer had had made before. Crafting medieval style weapons would be easier than more modern ones.

"What I mean is I think we stand a better chance of not getting caught by the military going on foot than in that thing ourselves."

------------

Ultraman950:
"Um, well... thanks, but water and I don't... get along. Y'know. Getting submerged kinda hurts. I don't really sweat, either, so smell shouldn't be a problem. I hope."

"Sorry. I didn't realize." Phantom replied. Hearing that Dawn was harmed by contact with water, he started to feel sorry for her some. "That must suck though, not being able to touch water."

"Alright then..." Marcus said. "Where will we take them?"

2ndblackjedi:
"Alright then..." Marcus said. "Where will we take them?"

Alex got up from the table, going for a bowl as he thought about his reply. He had forgotten about getting Lauren and the orphans away from the area in case Voltage or his partners came after them. "Honestly, I have no idea. Maybe another state, or a neighboring town with some willing shelter. Anybody else?"

AgentBJ09:
"Sorry. I didn't realize." Phantom replied. Hearing that Dawn was harmed by contact with water, he started to feel sorry for her some. "That must suck though, not being able to touch water."

"It's, uh... yeah, it-it does kinda suck. Doubly so that I had to find out the hard way," Dawn said, forcing out a rueful laugh.

Erica chewed her cereal thoughtfully, listening to the conversation. "I think we should get out of the city first," she said after a moment. "For starters, the government is probably still looking for us, not to mention those creeps aligned with that Voltage guy."

She knew that running from the cops was generally a bad idea in this case... but under the circumstances, they had now idea what would happen if they were taken captive...

She also thought about Alex's offer to create weaponry. Having a power with both offensive and defense capabilities, she probably didn't need any weapons... though it didn't hurt to be prepared.

"Either way, we should try to round up some supplies before we leave."

Ultraman950:
"It's, uh... yeah, it-it does kinda suck. Doubly so that I had to find out the hard way," Dawn said, forcing out a rueful laugh.

"Ow." Phantom said, pinching the top of his nose. His migraine was barely clearing up. "Well, I'll get a shower real fast, hopefully take this headache down a peg, and I'll find you some fresh clothes, unless you have some already."

------------

"Thanks, I appreciate it," Dawn replied, shifting her focus to her shoes. They were scuffed and burned beyond all recognition. She didn't bother trying to smell them. They were still wearable... sort of. They'd last until she could filch another pair.

"I was looking for supplies in lower NYC the other day," Marcus said, deciding to get a bit of cereal as it wouldn't take much to last him for the day. "The neighbourhood was...pretty dangerous," he added. thinking about the rumours he heard. "But every other place I know it's cleaned out or infested,"

2ndblackjedi:
"I was looking for supplies in lower NYC the other day. The neighborhood was...pretty dangerous, but every other place I know it's cleaned out or infested."

Hearing the phrase 'Lower New York' got Alex's attention almost immediately. The NYSU campus was within a few miles of lower NYC, but he always avoided the area for Central NYC unless he had some means of protection from his own creations or the armory on campus.

"That's pretty close to where I came from, but what kinds of supplies did you see?"

------------

Ultraman950:
"Thanks, I appreciate it."

Phantom nodded, then stood up and made his way for the bathroom, still taking swigs of milk as he went. Even as he finished it off, the liquid didn't do anything for him. His headache stuck around.

As he got into the shower, elsewhere in the apartment, his cell phone began ringing, making it's charming 8-bit sounds. The name on the face of the screen was 'Frost'.

Dawn watched the ringing phone for a few seconds, half-expecting Daniel to come back in and answer it. When he didn't, she briefly debated on whether to answer it, or just let them leave a message.

She couldn't quite pin down why, but... she almost felt compelled to answer. Oh, what could it hurt? she thought. I'm sure he won't mind. It might turn out to be a wrong number, anyway.

Upon seeing the name on the screen, she threw out her "wrong number" theory, but couldn't quite stop herself from picking up anyway. She cleared her throat and said as friendly as she could, "Hello?"

Winterfrost frowned, hearing an unfamiliar voice at the other end of the line. Maybe this was the "new recruit" Phantom had mentioned?

"Hello, who is this?"

"Last time I was out there I didn't find anything," Marcus admitted. "I was planning to check out the sunken part of the area since it's been abandoned for a while now, but then I got caught up in all this. I don't think the area is that safe anyway, there were a lot of stories of people going missing. Might not be a great idea to poke around there,"

"Because you're scared?" One of the voices in Marcus' head said.

"No...maybe..." he thought back.

2ndblackjedi:
"Last time I was out there I didn't find anything. I was planning to check out the sunken part of the area since it's been abandoned for a while now, but then I got caught up in all this. I don't think the area is that safe anyway, there were a lot of stories of people going missing. Might not be a great idea to poke around there."

"At night, maybe." Alex replied, now pouring himself some cereal. "Still, I'll take your word for it."

Thinking about what he was trying to do himself, he figured now was the best time to say it. "Actually, I do have an idea of some stuff we could use. I still have my laptop and some spare supplies back at the place I came from, including some guns. If we truly are going to be on the run, we're going to need some way of keeping in touch with news, and something beyond our powers handy."

CrazyGirl17:
Winterfrost frowned, hearing an unfamiliar voice at the other end of the line. Maybe this was the "new recruit" Phantom had mentioned?

"Hello, who is this?"

As lame as it sounds, Dawn wasn't entirely sure how to answer. "I'm Dawn, and Daniel can't come to the phone right now" just sounded inappropriate.

"Uh, I'm Dawn, and... Daniel can't come to the phone right now."

Marcus wasn't a big fan of using guns, but he decided that with everything going on, he might not have a choice. Besides the laptop alond would be worth the trip.

"Sounds like a good idea," Marcus said.

Roar had begun to wonder where Alex lived.

He asks "Just where exactly in which part of the city you lived in Alex? Depending on the distance it could be hard reaching there while remaining undetected."

Scarim Coral:
"Just where exactly in which part of the city you lived in Alex? Depending on the distance it could be hard reaching there while remaining undetected."

Alex thought about his reply for a minute. The NYSU's ex-student population didn't mind folks from nearby or out of town, since he'd seen some students bring in family before they departed. As he thought about it though, he was in the same situation. He was bringing friends before he himself departed, maybe for good.

"You know about New York Southern University, right? I've lived there since the Omega Event. It's not too far from where Marcus just mentioned." For a second, Alex thought to stop his sentence, but then remembered what he was talking to Jeffrey about the day before: If the techs at the university had fixed the television signals.

"In all honesty though, I think that should be as far as we go. There's been some success lately getting a TV signal hijacked there, and if they saw that report on us from yesterday, we're screwed."

Ultraman950:

CrazyGirl17:

"Hello, who is this?"

As lame as it sounds, Dawn wasn't entirely sure how to answer. "I'm Dawn, and Daniel can't come to the phone right now" just sounded inappropriate.

"Uh, I'm Dawn, and... Daniel can't come to the phone right now."

"I see." Winterfrost took a moment to think over her next words. "I understand you're the one Pha... Daniel picked up? I assume he asked you to... do something for us?"

Pages PREV 1 . . . 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked