Demigods: A Camp Half-Blood RP -- Revamped Edition { Started, Closed }

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 17 NEXT

{ Demigods: A Camp Half-Blood RP }

Revamped Edition

It is the present day. Citizens of the United States of America go about their daily business, be it work, school or anything else. And every last one is completely unaware of what goes on right in front of their eyes.

Certain individuals, selected at the age of 15, are defenders of humanity. These people are different from the general populace in one way: they are demigods. Half-bloods. Sons and daughters of humans and gods. Specifically, the Greek gods. They have survived the ages, moving across the world to places where the flame of Western Civilization burns the brightest. They currently reside in the USA, and the Olympian Palace is anchored to the top of the Empire State Building.

The gods, of course, have enemies. The Olympian Titans exist as well, trapped in eternal prisons, including Tartarus, the darkest place in the Underworld. Occasionally, Titans will exert their influence over Man, convincing people to become evil. In addition, Greek myths are not without their monsters. These include the Minotaur, the Hydra, Medusa and Cyclopes, foul creatures that oppose everything that demigods stand for.

Once found, each demigod is brought to a special camp in Long Island, New York, for training and security from enemy attacks. This camp, called Half-Blood Hill - or Camp Half-Blood by its inhabitants - has everything demigods need to train, learn to fight and survive. If a demigod is lucky, or their divine parent wishes it, they are offered a quest. This is a chance to adventure in the real world, testing the skills of demigods by fighting Greek monsters, travelling across America and fulfilling prophecies granted to them by the Oracle of Delphi. Demigods must beware, though, as not all prophecies have happy endings. Some die on their quests, or do not return. Such is the difficult life of a child of a god.

You are a demigod, descended from two parents, one human and one divine. At the age of fifteen years of age you are brought to Camp Half-Blood; some of you may have lived at camp for many years, while others might be fresh faces starting this summer. Either way, good luck to you, and may your sword-arm remain strong and your blade stay sharp.

Author's Notes:
- This RP was inspired by the Percy Jackson & The Olympians series of novels by author Rick Riordan, including the Heroes of Olympus sequel series. I am disregarding the film adaptation of The Lightning Thief because a) I haven't seen it myself, and b) people who have seen it have told me that it was nowhere near as good as the original book.
- This RP is a remade edition of the original "Demigods: A Camp Half-Blood RP", GMed by myself and co-GMed by Yumi_and_Erea, who went by the username James_Sunderland at the time. The RP has been given the major reboot that - personally - I think it needed, and will focus more on well-developed characters, consistency, drama, much more discussion between participants, and above all, a good story that people will enjoy reading and writing.
- - Once again, Yumi_and_Erea is co-GMing the RP in addition to my authority as GM.
- - This version of the RP is taking place ten years after the events of the previous edition. Said events might be discussed once we start up.

- Events of this RP are deemed to be non-canon and have no connection to anything in the novels. As such, any demigod characters will not be featured and plagiarism (i.e. your use of any demigod from the books as your character) will cause you to be dismissed from the RP.
Note, however, that non-human characters, such as the camp director Chiron, the gods themselves and monstrous creatures, will be used in the RP for obvious reasons.

Other accepted character spoilers can be found in my posts further down the page.

Please tell me if I need to add or change anything. I will happily change whatever you deem necessary.

EDITED

pyroguy86:
-snip-

Three things:
1) I'm assuming, according to your biography and age, that Jason has been living at camp since he was thirteen.
2) I think you have one too many weapons; it's up to you which one you drop.
3) Considering that, as I have stated in the OP that this version of Demigods is taking place ten years after the original, you may want to rewrite the whole thing. You had a character named Jason Cole, who was a son of Zeus in the original Demigods. Perhaps it's time to step out of the shell and come up with something a little different.

#3 Addendum: Of course, you don't have to rewrite the whole thing if you don't want to.

CounterAttack:

pyroguy86:
-snip-

Three things:
1) I'm assuming, according to your biography and age, that Jason has been living at camp since he was thirteen.
2) I think you have one too many weapons; it's up to you which one you drop.
3) Considering that, as I have stated in the OP that this version of Demigods is taking place ten years after the original, you may want to rewrite the whole thing. You had a character named Jason Cole, who was a son of Zeus in the original Demigods. Perhaps it's time to step out of the shell and come up with something a little different.

#3 Addendum: Of course, you don't have to rewrite the whole thing if you don't want to.

-Dropped a weapon
-Changed the age
-changed the name

Okay, you guys are in. Your sheets have been copied over.

Edit: Ah, fudge. Making more edits to compensate for length.
Edit2: Edits have been made.

Additional Edit: This post now contains a map of the camp, and a map of the cabins.

Good god, the first edition was my first full-blown RP. I'm glad to see it's back, along with some familiar faces. Let's see if I can write a better character this time. I'll put up a sheet sometime in the next 24 hours, hopefully.

I guess I'll just let people know that I've messaged CounterAttack regarding my interest in the RP but don't want to submit a sheet until my idea has been approved.

But yeah, just thought I'd say hello and show that I'm interested = ]

Already working on a sheet, hoping to get it finished later this afternoon.

Reserve, it may take me some time to make my sheet.

Rainboq:

These days I don't take reserves - Malo_Tux is an exception because he PMed me his character sheet, but I elected to wait for others before accepting him - but since you were part of the original Demigods and you wanted to take part in 2.0, I'll allow it.

Edit: Now including Part 3 of Accepted Characters.

If anything needs to be edited or changed let me know.

EDITED

terribleyetfun:
-spoilersnip-

6 foot 5 at age 16? That's a bit strange... Also there are a couple of things about the sheet that just bug me - I'm not really sure how best to describe them - so I'll consider you a maybe for now. I'm not saying no, but I'm not saying yes either... yet.

Edit: Now contains Part 4 of Accepted Characters.

CounterAttack:

terribleyetfun:
-spoilersnip-

6 foot 5 at age 16? That's a bit strange... Also there are a couple of things about the sheet that just bug me - I'm not really sure how best to describe them - so I'll consider you a maybe for now. I'm not saying no, but I'm not saying yes either... yet.

ok I`l shorten him down for a start, if you manage to think of anything else just let me know.

I'll whip up a sheet to throw my hat into the ring, I've already got a basic idea of what to do.

I will probably edit tomorrow at some point, but for now I'm pretty happy with it.

Oh, the weapon in italics, I wasn't sure if I could have a collapse-able weapon or not...as always, any problems let me know. And if anyone wants to have a 'relationship' just shoot me a PM until I get my skype working again.

Edit: Included the amulet thing and a bit about her being at the Camp for a short time to explain her small skills.

CounterAttack:

Rainboq:

These days I don't take reserves - Malo_Tux is an exception because he PMed me his character sheet, but I elected to wait for others before accepting him - but since you were part of the original Demigods and you wanted to take part in 2.0, I'll allow it.

Thanks a ton, I'll get it to you ASAP

Actually, I'll have to opt out of this RP. I've got college starting in a week, and I don't think I'll have the time to participate. However, I hope you all have a great time and continue to play for a long time.

Please be so kind as to let me know if anything needs changing. I'm looking very much to this RP and I do hope every one of you gets in! :D
I can't wait. ^_^

Jav3lin:
-spoilersnip-

As with a couple of the others, I have a couple of issues with your character.

- Invisibility is already in use, courtesy of Lizmichi, and it's better-suited to her character. At least, that's my belief.
- Your background. Who or what is Joshua? If he was just a regular human, he wouldn't be able to perceive the monster for what it really was due to the Mist: the magical barrier that divides the mortal plane and divine elements.
- - In addition, you didn't exactly describe what happened between the time when Dathne first arrived at Camp Half-Blood and the present day. A lot can happen in two years.

General Announcement:

There are a lot of Caucasian characters that have been submitted. In addition, there are a lot of demigods carrying knives or daggers. I believe some diversity is in order in both cases and I will probably ask some knife-wielders to change their weapons to something else, if it suits their character (recommendations may be made).

Edit: Now contains Part 5 of Accepted Characters.

I would love to join, but I remember I wasn't able to keep up. Oh, decisions...
That's also taking into consideration if you would even want me to join, CA. It's up to you.

PostScript Musings:...Well, that last sentence is rather restating the obvious, isn't it? I don't think I could make that sound more insulting without trying. Sorry 'bout that, but I can't think of any other way to re-word that.

Xero Scythe:
I would love to join, but I remember I wasn't able to keep up. Oh, decisions...
That's also taking into consideration if you would even want me to join, CA. It's up to you.

PostScript Musings:...Well, that last sentence is rather restating the obvious, isn't it? I don't think I could make that sound more insulting without trying. Sorry 'bout that, but I can't think of any other way to re-word that.

I get what you mean. Truth is, you have a tendency to be absent when needed - and, y'know, when you aren't. Sorry, mate, but I would rather accept people who can post frequently and who are willing to stick with the RP rather than choose to drop out when their character doesn't have anyone paying attention to them.

I mean no offence, of course, it's just the way that I want this thread to work.

CounterAttack:
-snip-

I hear ya CA. I had another character in mind and I reckon given the circumstances I'm gonna pick that character. It's basically Dathne but with a different God. I'll edit the sheet in due time.

Also, Joshua was a member of Camp Half-Blood who received a Quest from Hermes (His God) to retrieve Dathne and bring her back to
Half-Blood Hill.
A recruitment quest, if you will.

Starting on the editing now.

EDIT: I've changed the sheet. Let me know what you think. :)

*Looks at all the posts and amount people applying so far*
Shit.
*Walks off*

CounterAttack:
-snip-

Crap, I just noticed the age restriction, so I can't keep Rachel, which means I need some extra time >.<

I'll probably add to her later.

I keep coming back to this RP with a forlorn expression so I've come up with a different idea. This is the resulting character sheet and I hope it's more than adequate

Let me know if there's anything you'd like me to change although if you ask me to over haul the whole Biography section I'll likely cry.

Tips_of_Fingers:
I keep coming back to this RP with a forlorn expression so I've come up with a different idea. This is the resulting character sheet and I hope it's more than adequate

-epically long snip-

Let me know if there's anything you'd like me to change although if you ask me to over haul the whole Biography section I'll likely cry.

Your sheet is almost perfect, except for one thing. According to Wikipedia, the three incarnations of Aeolus are all male, one of whom is the master of the winds.

Rainboq:
-sheetsnip-

I'll probably add to her later.

I suggest you add more to your character sooner rather than later. To be honest, I expected a lot more detail from you.

Sir Strange Of The House Lycan:
Shit.
*Walks off*

Is there a problem? There are more sheets coming, and some people that have applied may not get in - I'm not naming names.

Also, my apologies for the double post.

CounterAttack:

Sir Strange Of The House Lycan:
Shit.
*Walks off*

Is there a problem? There are more sheets coming, and some people that have applied may not get in - I'm not naming names.

Also, my apologies for the double post.

I was gonna give up on joining because people are giving in larger and better sheets than me,and I wouldn't be able to play anything apart from a child of Hades.But James as thrown me a rope to pull myself out of such a rut and an identity/Parent God.

CounterAttack:

Your sheet is almost perfect, except for one thing. According to Wikipedia, the three incarnations of Aeolus are all male, one of whom is the master of the winds.

Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck FUCK. That's a pretty massive mistake to make. Sorry.

For some reason, when I was reading through the Wiki, I kept reading "Mother" instead of "Son". God, what a fucking retard... >.>

Ok, I'll have to drastically edit the Bio...UNLESS! Any problems with having a female fisherwoman for a mother. That way I can pretty much just change every "father" to "mother". And change the birth story slightly...?

Fuck...what do you (or anyone else for that matter) recommend?

Tips_of_Fingers:
Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck FUCK. That's a pretty massive mistake to make. Sorry.

For some reason, when I was reading through the Wiki, I kept reading "Mother" instead of "Son". God, what a fucking retard... >.>

Ok, I'll have to drastically edit the Bio...UNLESS! Any problems with having a female fisherwoman for a mother. That way I can pretty much just change every "father" to "mother". And change the birth story slightly...?

Fuck...what do you (or anyone else for that matter) recommend?

That's perfectly fine. No problems there; go ahead.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 17 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked