Ruins: An RP Concept in the Making [Closed]

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Imagine a world that nature has reclaimed; no skyscrapers, pollution and machinery destroying our delicate world. Things are simpler now; simple tribes litter the planet, scattered by petty ideology, much like humanity always has been. This is the world now; after the Event, the Ascension occurred where humanity took a step back from their industrial powers and it seemed like an overnight change to the way things are now. You are members of one of these tribes; you live shadowed by the tattered ruins of an old factory. Your tribe has a rich history of new culture and technology, based off the steam devices scouts have found in the factory; however there are rooms, despite being opened once, have been sealed and locked away; the Elders seem to hold these secrets from the population. Fortunately, you and your friends are only children by their standards, barely 16; in short a free reign is given easily to explore the ruins. There is a misplaced trust that the child's mind doesn't turn to mischief; perhaps in these ruins lay treasures to be found, technologies beyond imagine, or even just an adventure waiting to happen.

This is an RP based in a Universe of my own making, thousands of years have passed since the Event and Ascension. Technology is primal at best, only advancements based off the creations of those before them. You are a member of one of these tribes; that being the D'reckle tribe; known for its advanced technology, by most tribe's standards. You are only just entering adulthood now and soon your lives will be tangled in the adult life; for now you and your friends love to scavenge old technology from the Ruins.

Edit: First little bit of info, sociological and cultural to follow tomorrow

Politics in your tribe are quite simple and are the rules followed by most tribes to this day. Elders are selected at the age of 12 by the previous generation and begin their education from that day forward. Some would call the word education too polite though and would instead say indoctrination, as they are taught the old ways and are expected to adhere to them; few are the tribes that improvise beyond tradition for fear of a second Ascension. Those Elders who have tried to change the tribes have been slowly phased out of the Council; from the initial 50 Elders at the beginning to a small tight knit group of closed minded Elders. These are the men who make the laws of your tribe.

Military in the tribes boils down to the manpower of each tribe, rather than the weapons they utilize. Because there are not many weapon advances, most are stuck with the basic sword or bow to combat with. War over land and resources are still quite common with tribes constantly being absorbed into one another in a constant fluid motion. However there are those tribes that have found old technology and molded it into their military, such as steam crossbows and basic iron and steel armours.

The Culture of the tribes vary from tribe to tribe, so for now you'll only know the basic culture of your own tribe. Family is a concept that hasn't been exclusive to blood for many generations, due to the shared surname, that being the name of the tribe, examples being Sarah of the D'reckle tribe and other names to that extent. Most of the intertribe relations rely on bartering and sharing of goods, a monetary system is only utilized with outside tribes for goods while interior goods remain on the former system. Few stories and legends are in written form, instead referred to in tales of the Old World; though the true history of The Event and Ascension are said to be kept on wondrous machines of the Elders.

Stories and Precurser to the RP

Sounds like a great premise here. I'm already thinking up a sweet character to use, but before I flesh it out at all I have for thee but one question.

When would this RP be starting?

Hmm. You have my attention, my good Canadian. I shall follow this thread and possibly begin writing a character should the need arise soonish.

Sounds interesting enough to warrant my attention indeed. I shall proceed to bedazzle everyone with my sheet-writing skills at a point on the time axis where I have acquired more sleep.

Until then.

I approve. When shall we begin?

Just a quick note, Void: if possible, I'd like to see the character sheet you've written up. Just so I can get a few ideas as to how to go about writing my own.

It sounds interesting, but what would we actually be doing?

revolverwolf:
Sounds like a great premise here. I'm already thinking up a sweet character to use, but before I flesh it out at all I have for thee but one question.

When would this RP be starting?

XxSummonerxX:
I approve. When shall we begin?

I'm giving two weeks for sheet collection, one week for sorting sheets and typing the OP. Mostly because of exam season coming up for many college students, myself included.

CounterAttack:
Just a quick note, Void: if possible, I'd like to see the character sheet you've written up. Just so I can get a few ideas as to how to go about writing my own.

When its done I'll be sure to show you

Viking Incognito:
It sounds interesting, but what would we actually be doing?

Narrative RPing, thus meaning we weave a story through out the pages following; the plot doesn't have much detail that wouldn't entail spoilers at this point, but look at this thread for updates of story and random information about the world. If you've never seen my style of RPing it would be best to familiarize yourself.

Uh Voido... Why have you not told me about this? I'm hurt D:

Yet intrigued...

Shapsters:

Yet intrigued...

Well if you were on Skype more often DX

So, by no skyscrapers, do you mean that cities have crumbled completely, or are there still remnants of buildings around?

Also, could you give some examples of the kind of technology the tribe has? Guns, crossbows, printing presses, metal forging?

Keeping my eye on this.

Hmmm I think I'll throw my hat into this.

Lost In The Void:

Shapsters:

Yet intrigued...

Well if you were on Skype more often DX

Well I've been sick lately! I still love you!

Color me interested.

ultrachicken:
So, by no skyscrapers, do you mean that cities have crumbled completely, or are there still remnants of buildings around?

Also, could you give some examples of the kind of technology the tribe has? Guns, crossbows, printing presses, metal forging?

Keeping my eye on this.

It has been thousands of years since civilization was even remotely close to the level we are in today's present, thus the skyscrapers are simply small stubbles in the Earth, factories can still be found once and a while, and one of those factories is the Ruins that your village is situated beside.

On another note, its exciting to see such interest in this RP

Lost In The Void:

ultrachicken:

Keeping my eye on this.

It has been thousands of years since civilization was even remotely close to the level we are in today's present, thus the skyscrapers are simply small stubbles in the Earth, factories can still be found once and a while, and one of those factories is the Ruins that your village is situated beside.

Okay, but what about technology? I feel like you should flesh out the world more so that people know what to put on their sheet... unless you want the players to flesh out the world?

Yeah, you've been met with rather instant success, huh?

I'll add to the list of the interested man.

ultrachicken:

Lost In The Void:

ultrachicken:

Keeping my eye on this.

Okay, but what about technology? I feel like you should flesh out the world more so that people know what to put on their sheet... unless you want the players to flesh out the world?

The world will be fleshed out more tonight I just need to get education related things out of the way first.

Anyways for technology we're talking a basic tribal set, basic housing, light is done by oil and lamp, weapons include the bow, steamcrossbows have been developed by more advanced tribes such as the one that you're involved in. Of course there's also swords for weaponry and thats pretty well it for now. Water is run through salvaged pipe from the Ruins and the crown jewel of the village is a giant Cog in which the Village's Elders built the foundation of their hut on. The Cog represents survival without reliance on technology, but rather using it as a stepping stone to greatness.

Lost In The Void:

ultrachicken:

Lost In The Void:

The world will be fleshed out more tonight I just need to get education related things out of the way first.

Anyways for technology we're talking a basic tribal set, basic housing, light is done by oil and lamp, weapons include the bow, steamcrossbows have been developed by more advanced tribes such as the one that you're involved in. Of course there's also swords for weaponry and thats pretty well it for now. Water is run through salvaged pipe from the Ruins and the crown jewel of the village is a giant Cog in which the Village's Elders built the foundation of their hut on. The Cog represents survival without reliance on technology, but rather using it as a stepping stone to greatness.

Cool. Looking forward to making a sheet once you update the OP.

Looks really cool. Intriguing indeed.

But what about names and languages, are they still largely the same as today?
And where is this set exactly, and was The Event a war or more like a sudden and unexplained step backwards for humanity?

Anyways nice idea, this looks pretty sweet.

Colour me interested as well. :)

Long time, no roleplay makes Jack a dull boy.

Interesting idea, I'll keep my eye on this.

Interesting. If I can, I'll try to get a sheet up sometime soon.

IBlackKiteI:
Looks really cool. Intriguing indeed.

But what about names and languages, are they still largely the same as today?
And where is this set exactly, and was The Event a war or more like a sudden and unexplained step backwards for humanity?

Anyways nice idea, this looks pretty sweet.

Names and languages are still the same, it is Earth after all so in that sense we haven't changed, no last names though; your last name is your tribe name instead so everyone's last name will be the same.

This is set approximately 2000 years after the Event, which is something I can't specify at this point as its important to the plot. Stories of the Event will be posted tonight.

On that note, I'm taking sheets as of today so feel free to post them in here and edit them as you please until the day of selection

I'll just take this opportunity to grab a placeholder for my sheet :3
Now I am off to bed, but sheet is incoming- first thing tomorrow.

EDIT:
Sheet redacted. I won't have enough time to participate, and I find that my motivation is lacking as I can't even bring myself to write a decent sheet.

Sheet prototype incoming.

I'll edit this when more information is released.

EDIT: I've made some improvements.

EDIT 2: ... and some more.

This took a really long time on my iphone so sorry for errors

Edit: Did some small changes like you asked

Edit 2: Changed more thanks to the lore you added

And here's my prototype sheet. Slightly updated!

Not enough sheets have been made. Make more sheets.

The Hairminator:

I'm working on it. However, before posting my sheet here I will send it to Void for review.

The Hairminator:

My sheet's being worked on as well.

It's finally here...

Here's my sheet.

Let me know if anything needs to be added, changed or improved.

I'm rusty with RPing but i shall give this a shot, ill have a sheet up later, im in school right now.

Pandalisk:
I'm rusty with RPing but i shall give this a shot, ill have a sheet up later, im in school right now.

Yay Pandalisk :3

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked