Yu Yu Hakusho!!! Spirits Amok! (A Spirit Detective RP!) Chapter 3: Genkai's Training.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

Strange events are happening in Danmour, a small, quiet town about thirty miles Northwest of New York City. A small group of its Highschoolers are claiming to see monsters and demons. These teenagers are the first generation of spiritually aware people to develop in twenty years. However, for unknown reasons, these rare people all attend the same school.

The last generation ended when Yusuke Urameshi was killed in his own martial arts tournament in Demon World by an extremely powerful demon. This tournament, held once every three or four years to determine the shift of control in Demon World, was dissolved as the Demon's first act in power. This demon's name was Yami. Not much is known about his origins other than he has an extreme hatred for mankind and a fetish for bloodshed.

King Enma, leader of Spirit World (The Realm in charge of sorting out humans and demons when they die) immediately sprang into action and reconstructed the barrier between the Demon World and Human World. This barrier keeps all but the weakest demons from entering the Human World. Even so, this barrier does not prevent low class demons and ghouls from slipping past the barrier and into the Human world. It just so happens that the most convienient place to slip through is on the outskirts of Danmour.

It is the duty of these Spiritually Aware teens to beat back the demons that are invading their town, cut off the source, and save the world. Along the way, they will make new allies, find old veterans, wield powerful artifacts, and harness their spiritual powers to defend their friends, family, and themselves.

I Will be looking for 7-8 able bodied Spirit Detectives before i can even think about starting this journey.

If I may, I would like to take a Reserve slot.

Consider me interested, one question is Speed an acceptable power?

Chaos Incarnate:
Consider me interested, one question is Speed an acceptable power?

Speed is an acceptable power within reason. Remember, try not to make it too overpowered.

I'd like a reserve space please.

Jack and Calumon:
I'd like a reserve space please.

Oh? Does Calumon want to be a Spirit Detective as well? I'm sure we could make arrangements for a mascot.

Name: Jack Wooden

Description: 5'11" medium brown hair, dark brown eyes, has a single gold hoop earing on his right ear

Power: Hyper Fighting

D-Jack has the ability to sense the flow of the opponents attacks coming at him. Meaning he can sense where attacks are coming from but at its current state its only usable if he's focusing and currently its easy to break his concentration.

C-Jack's body has started to become more in tune with his senses and with that if he keeps focused on the flow his body will occasionally react on its own to incoming hit and his sensing range has increased to where he can detect high speed opponents.

B-Jack has learned a new trick by focusing his spirit energy he can go into what he calls "Seikūken"(Empty sphere) in this state any attack thrown at him is neutralized at the radius of his arms and legs which 3 and a half feet. The problem with the technique is that it takes an extreme toll on his body especially against numerous attacks or opponents if left in the state for more than ten minutes its will begin destroying his nervous system and ligaments due to the high reaction time.

A-By this point Jack's "Seikūken" has evolved into "Shin Seikūken" the sphere has become more or less a second skin. Its no longer as taxing on his body as Jack as learned if keeps the energy flow to a minimum he can stay in it for fifteen minutes at a time. But with his new control Jack has learned how focus his energy into his punches and kicks to make them hit harder and faster.But, depending on what style or styles he is using there are gaps in his defense that experienced opponents can exploit.

Bio: Jack's mother has been training Jack in martial arts since he was two. She had always sensed something special about Jack and puts him through hellish training the likes of which no human should endure. The only catch is Jack's mother forbid him to use in acts of violence only in self defense. He can be very loud at times and odd at times due to his lifestyle so he tends to get picked on a lot. But still never fights back no matter how bad the bullies get. Jack first encountered his first demon only a week ago and killed it with awakened powers. When told to his mother she began getting Jack ready for the coming storm.

Other: jack is trained in numerous styles of fighting and tends to be a loner due to his lack of social skills. When he gets to fighting Jack can be a very fierce opponent. Though recently he has gotten hooked on Street Fighter and been trying to find a way to use some of the techniques.

The_Great_Milenko:
Snip

Could you please elaborate a bit more on your D and C class powers? They are a bit vague.

Also, there is a problem with the Bio. The demons haven't been in town for more than a few weeks. Thus, your character could not have killed one at 13. Nothing major, just a little contradiction.

Other than that, everything else looks good.

Can I get a reserve? I would like to create a sheet, but I am sick at the moment.

Shanaar:
Can I get a reserve? I would like to create a sheet, but I am sick at the moment.

You certainly may. There is no rush to get your sheet in, take your time. :)

Oh man, I loved Yu Yu Hakusho when I saw it as a kid. I am definitely going to submit a sheet for this.

One thing does bug me a little bit though: Is it really necessary to plot out your character's power progression from the start rather then just letting it develop through the RP and character development?

Fishtie:
Oh man, I loved Yu Yu Hakusho when I saw it as a kid. I am definitely going to submit a sheet for this.

One thing does bug me a little bit though: Is it really necessary to plot out your character's power progression from the start rather then just letting it develop through the RP and character development?

Thats a good question. I do this so that I can maintain balance, and to prevent people from becoming too overpowered. I Understand that this type of show was all about flexing your muscles and shooting off big beams of energy with your index finger, but knowing what to expect when our powers develop helps me create better scenarios for you to test them out in.

This is pretty much a skeleton for your abilities at the moment, your writing and creativity when using them will be what determines the outcome of the events though.

I hope i answered your question. :)

isn't Yomi one of the former three kings of demon world?

ShadowOfTheMoka:
isn't Yomi one of the former three kings of demon world?

Yomi was one of them yes, but this demon is named YAMI. That is not a typo.

All Hail Lelouch:
Thats a good question. I do this so that I can maintain balance, and to prevent people from becoming too overpowered. I Understand that this type of show was all about flexing your muscles and shooting off big beams of energy with your index finger, but knowing what to expect when our powers develop helps me create better scenarios for you to test them out in.

This is pretty much a skeleton for your abilities at the moment, your writing and creativity when using them will be what determines the outcome of the events though.

Sure, I can definitely see why you would do that. I suppose that kind of thing does come down to the players.

Anyways... SHEEEEEEEEEEET!

There we go. I was aiming for a sutra scroll feeling for the power.

Is it alright if I start with my character not being aware of his power at all yet?

Fishtie:

All Hail Lelouch:

Snip

Everything looks good! Sheet Accepted.

The_Great_Milenko:

A-By this point Jack's "Seikūken" has evolved into "Shin Seikūken" the sphere has become more or less a second skin. Its no longer as taxing on his body as Jack as learned if keeps the energy flow to a minimum he can stay in it for indefinite period's of time. But with his new control Jack has learned how focus his energy into his punches and kicks to make them hit harder and faster.

MILENKO: Your A class ability makes you pretty much invincible, we can't have that. Please modify your power so that you aren't so untouchable.

how now brown cow

It's been a long time since I saw the anime... let's see what I can do...

Alright the OP has been updated to include all of the sheets submited thus far.

The_Great_Milenko:
how now brown cow

Yours is good now, and is accepted.

Oh man... I loved this show as a kid...
Alright reserve. Will soon have in a sheet.

Also, for all who didn't know, Yami is Japanese for "Darkness." Bit of a hint to the nature of the new demon lord, eh?

EDIT: Did Yusuke actually die in the manga?

Yami huh? I don't suppose it's the soul of an ancient pharaoh.

Xero Scythe:
Oh man... I loved this show as a kid...
Alright reserve. Will soon have in a sheet.

Also, for all who didn't know, Yami is Japanese for "Darkness." Bit of a hint to the nature of the new demon lord, eh?

EDIT: Did Yusuke actually die in the manga?

No, he didn't. This is set about 20 years after the events of the show.

Fishtie:
Yami huh? I don't suppose it's the soul of an ancient pharaoh.

It just might you know, it just might....XD Crossover idea is crazy. :D

And so, it is finished. Enjoy.

Xero Scythe:
And so, it is finished. Enjoy.

Looks Good Xero, Sheet accepted.

Please note that in the event that we do not get the number of players needed to start the adventure, then i will start with who we have now. Right now we are sitting at Five characters including myself and Three reserves.

I Am setting the deadline for submissions on this coming Friday. That is plenty of time for anyone interested to get their two cents in.

-AHL

Anyone wanna message the guys who out in a reserve 'n tell 'em about the deadline? Having Jack in here would be interesting... Anyone wanna bet that he chooses a summoner? Or that he summons Calumon and can amp the little dude's power?

... Or better yet, like in the show, have the little guy like the energizer bunny for Spirit Energy. Just ideas of mine, pay them no heed.

List of reserves:
AgentBJ09
Chaos Incarnate
Jack and Calumon

I know for sure that Jack is working on a sheet at the time, but I haven't a clue about the others.

My knowledge of the anime is limited, being so that I've only seen the abridged series of it so far; I'm interested in it, though (yesterday I bought the first season on DVD, so I'm liable to get more knowledgeable as the RP progresses) and I think the setting'd make for a really interesting RP.

Sam G:
My knowledge of the anime is limited, being so that I've only seen the abridged series of it so far; I'm interested in it, though (yesterday I bought the first season on DVD, so I'm liable to get more knowledgeable as the RP progresses) and I think the setting'd make for a really interesting RP.

You only need to know the basic principles of the show to understand this RP, (The characters, Spirit energy, Etc)

Also, ACCEPTED!

All Hail Lelouch:
I know for sure that Jack is working on a sheet at the time, but I haven't a clue about the others.

I won't be taking part, at least at the beginning.

Too much schoolwork needs doing since it's near the end of the semester. If you don't get enough slots filled, I'll keep a sheet on reserve, but for now, I can't participate.

If I may, I would like to reserve a spot so that I may make a character sheet.

MaltaElvoret:
If I may, I would like to reserve a spot so that I may make a character sheet.

That is fine, so long as you get the sheet in before Friday :)

Well if it Has to be done that soon.

Xero Scythe:
Having Jack in here would be interesting... Anyone wanna bet that he chooses a summoner? Or that he summons Calumon and can amp the little dude's power?

... Or better yet, like in the show, have the little guy like the energizer bunny for Spirit Energy.

Now now, let's not turn this RP into a fan fiction.

Calumon: I don't think I'd fit in well anyway. I hate fighting. :S

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or