Wealth, Adventure, and the Open Sea: A One Piece RP.(Arc 4: Porte Carlo.)

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 36 NEXT

Wealth, Adventure, and the Open Sea: A One Piece RP.

I may be interested in this depending on time constraints. Yeah, put me as a maybe.

definitely want in on this one character sheet coming soon

available whenever also in the american central time zone

Definitely gonna have a character sheet in for this. What would be a reasonable starting bounty, 0-50,000 beli? Also, Omega, most of the regulars trust your ability to RP enough to trust you to GM. I know I do. So relax a little!

Available just about anytime, save for 12:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M. until next Wednesday. After that... I'm free almost all the time.

Here's hopin' I get in!

Tim_Buoy:

Sounds good.

Xero Scythe:
Available just about anytime, save for 12:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M. until next Wednesday. After that... I'm free almost all the time.

Here's hopin' I get in!

Sounds good, but a few questions about the ability. So it's essentially a teleporting ability, but can teleport partially as well? Or am I completely missing the mark?

I'd like to join this but I have a couple questions first. How much knowledge of the One Piece plot will be required to be able to participate? I've read the first 20 or so volumes of it so I'm familiar with the world and the general plot but I must not have made it to the events that you're referencing in the OP. Also, I already have an idea for a villain I was hoping to play but I need to know if the use of Seastone would be allowed before I make a sheet.

Fragrance of Mtn Dew:
I'd like to join this but I have a couple questions first. How much knowledge of the One Piece plot will be required to be able to participate? I've read the first 20 or so volumes of it so I'm familiar with the world and the general plot but I must not have made it to the events that you're referencing in the OP. Also, I already have an idea for a villain I was hoping to play but I need to know if the use of Seastone would be allowed before I make a sheet.

1: Sorry. The things in the backstory had a few big spoilers. Sorry about that. Anyway, you should know enough. At some point in the manga there's a timeskip (like 600 chapters in, and there's a long list of events that happen that lead to it.), during which this takes place. I'm gonna try to keep references to the main characters and their exploits to a minimum, feel free to ask me any concerns that come up involving the story.

2: Seastone is perfectly acceptable. Looking forward to your application!

Mr. Omega:

Tim_Buoy:

Sounds good.

Xero Scythe:

Here's hopin' I get in!

Sounds good, but a few questions about the ability. So it's essentially a teleporting ability, but can teleport partially as well? Or am I completely missing the mark?

A good way to put it would be a human Portal gun. The Best way would be the Subtle Knife from the His Dark Materials trilogy.

Hope this is OK. I'm open to any suggestions or edits that need to be made. Also I'm in American central time zone. I work full time so I don't know if I'll be able to be on as much as the rest of you but I'm usually on late nights and early afternoons and pretty much all the time on my days off.

I will post my charcater sheet soon. Put me down as a probably for this RP

Here, I'm gonna post the link to this RP in the regulars to give it the attention it deserves.

OK, my character sheet

Mr. Omega:

Tim_Buoy:

Sounds good.

Xero Scythe:

Here's hopin' I get in!

Umm... GM? Mr. Omega? Are you there?

I'm here. Just waiting for a couple more apllications. One or two more, maybe.

Ok here is my charater sheet-

Just remember I'm from the UK so be mindful of the timezone differences.
(Also I don't got skype nor do I want to install it since my pc is not as good as it used to be.)

I might have to change my guy... we got 4 zoan users on the crew so far...

GoWithDAFro:
OK, my character sheet

Ok that works.

Scarim Coral:

(Also I don't got skype nor do I want to install it since my pc is not as good as it used to be.)

Good sheet. And I'll try to be mindful of time differences. Like I said, skype would be nice, but not needed.

Mr. Omega:

GoWithDAFro:
OK, my character sheet

Ok that works.

Scarim Coral:

Good sheet. And I'll try to be mindful of time differences. Like I said, skype would be nice, but not needed.

Yeah. For some reason I thought the most devil fruits would be Paramecia types. Is there something that I'm missing about being able to transform into an animal?

Also, sorry about the random Cyrillic on my sheet. I copied over from Word and it does this ocassionally. The only major problem I see would be the bounty. I'll try to fix it, but if I can't, his bounty should be 80,000 beli.

Last note: do we have enough people to start, or are you waiting for 1 more?

Xero Scythe:

Mr. Omega:

GoWithDAFro:
OK, my character sheet

Ok that works.

Scarim Coral:

Yeah. For some reason I thought the most devil fruits would be Paramecia types. Is there something that I'm missing about being able to transform into an animal?

Also, sorry about the random Cyrillic on my sheet. I copied over from Word and it does this ocassionally. The only major problem I see would be the bounty. I'll try to fix it, but if I can't, his bounty should be 80,000 beli.

Last note: do we have enough people to start, or are you waiting for 1 more?

1: I can think up something, I had a few fruits planned for some villains. Or I can just remake Tew entirely. I'll proabably work the humming bird in at some point.

2: It wasn't that big a deal. and 80,000 is just fine.

3: One more applicant. and I also need to rework mine.

Mr. Omega:

Your Zoan came first though. I'd be willing to change or eliminate my chars. devil fruit.

this seems cool but i've only read two chapters of the manga so that's going to be a problem. oh well good luck

Xero Scythe:
[quote="Mr. Omega" post="362.287786.11472887"]I might have to change my guy... we got 4 zoan users on the crew so far...

well for me it was the boost of strength. and ability to transform. but it wasn't my first choice. the other ones i could think of were already taken in the story

This is my charecter

Ok, I've put up all the accepted applications (everyone.), and reworked my character! I'm still waiting on Neo, so while I do, let's get some things out of the way.

I need to come up with the first location. When I do, the heroes' first post should be of them arriving at the island (At this point, each member is separate, unless you want to arrive with another character.) Try not to have your guys actively chased by the Marines (at least not yet), that's why I prefered the lower bounties for the heroes.

Shapier, Frangrance, one of you guy are gonna be the first villain. Feel free to PM me or talk OOC here amongst the group. I'll be honest, the one who isn't the villain will either be on the sidelines or sit out the first arc completely, doing things to build them up as the big threat later. Come up with your MO, if you want minions feel free to ask everyone involved.

Once again, if you have any ideas, feel free to let everyone know! We're all building the story here!

Making a sheet to PM now.

I'm pretty indifferent about who should be the first villain, so if Shapier wants to go first then that's fine with me and I can make the occasional building up my forces post, but if not then I'd be fine with going first too. Also, I was planning on Roger having a fairly large crew so if anyone wants to be a minion let me know and I imagine we could work it out.

All right, I think I've got enough spare time now to contribute, so here's the application. It's a lengthy read, so...yeah, you've been warned.

Arc 1: Gathering on Jingo

Jingo is a small island in the middle of the West Blue. It's a common stop for sailors, pirates and Marines alike getting ready for a trip to the East Blue, on their way to the Grand Line. A large trade city takes up most of the island, covering the entirety of the coasts, with the center of the island being a large mountain range. Tunnels run through the mountains, but all but a few were abandoned. These hidden tunnels have become a favorite hiding spot for bandits, thieves and pirates hiding from the Marines. The entire island has spots for ships to dock. Often, the closer you get to the center of the island in the city, the shadier the businesses get, holding stolen or illegal goods.

After the death of Whitebeard, pirates have become the town's biggest source of income, with the outermost stands and shops resembling a pawn shop filled with loot and scrap. In order to keep up this new stream of revenue, the inhabitants are more... lenient with criminals than most places in the West Blue. This in turn has lead to an increase in bounty hunters trying to find criminals hiding there, often exploiting the more "moral" citizens. This has recently come to the attention of the Marines, who now have a small number of ships circling the island, almost as if waiting for an incident to be a good enough excuse to bring their brand of justice to the island...

Smithy sat in a pub, his feet on the table he was on with a drink in his hand. He stared deep into the wonderful drink of alcohol in his hands, a wide smile across his face. He began to swig it down, without a drop missing his mouth. When he finished, he slammed the glass down on the table. "Aha!" He shouted at the man in front of him, who was completely and utterly plastered and looking like he was about to puke. The drunk looked unbelievably at Smithy, trying to stand up.

"H-How can you drink that much and not be drunk at all?!" He shouted, as he fell onto his arse.

"I guess I can just hold my drink well! Now, I guess that means you're paying?" Smithy said, his smile growing wider as the man sobbed.

"My entire weeks wages... Gone!" The man said as he took money out of his various pockets to give to the barman, moving like he was on a ship in a terrible storm.

Smithy stood up and began to walk out, passing what looked like a bounty hunter. Their eyes met for a second as they passed, then the bounty hunter turned around. "Do I recognize you from somewhere?" He asked.

"Possibly... I am a traveling Blacksmith. Perhaps I repaired your equipment before?" Smithy replied, showing the man his 'smithing hammer.

"That must be it... Hey, while your here do you have time to repair my Axe?" The bounty hunter said, pulling out a large Axe with engravings on it.

"I dunno... I plan to be leaving soon, I've been here for quite a while you see. Sorry mate." Smithy patted the bounty hunter on the back playfully then walked out.

Somewhere on the island there is an inn housing a masked man. It is broad daylight where everyone is out and about but yet this man is asleep. This man is Jayce De Hootingham or as the marine nicknames him "Night Owl".
He had flown to the island last night thanks to his devil fruit ability to transform into a large owl. As soon he had landed and reverts back to human form, he was extremely tried as he had head to the nearest inn. He quickly pays the inn keeper who was puzzled to have a guest arriving at the dead of night. As he enters his room he closed the window cover and swiftly took his domino mask and headwear. His sleepiness overwhelms him as drop face down onto the bed.
His room is still dark. If someone were to enter his room, there will not get to see his face properly which is good for him since no one should ever see his real face especially if that person is a marine. He continues to snooze away as a large bubble form onto his nose.

Ezekiel loved a wedding. The air of celebration and joy was intoxicating. As were the intoxicated women, too stupid to even realize who they were walking with until it was far too late. But today, he had been given a special bounty, the bride having excused herself from the proceedings to get fresh air

No one was watching, either. It would be quick and easy. A carriage waited nearby, and no one was paying much attention. He slowly approached, reaching into the pocket of his suit for a bottle and a rag. He damped the rag with the liquid and stepped up behind her as she walked. A few moments later they were mostly concealed behind the carriage. He slapped his rag-covered hand over her face, her screams of fear muted as she breathed the drugs. While she struggled, he dragged hero the carriage and threw her in, pulling the covers over behind them, and knelt on her back, feeling her struggling. A few seconds later, she was still. He rolled her over to look at her. Tall, beautiful, and proud, with long gold tresses and a white dress of lace and silk, now dirtied and torn.

"Such a shame." He felt the rush as he saw it, the damage to the dress a microcosm to the damage the beautiful woman would suffer. He reached into his jacket, withdrawing a small set of shackles, a short scarf, and a handkerchief, and shoved the handkerchief into her mouth, binding it in with the scarf, then shackled her wrists together. She would come to shortly enough, but it would do her no good. He then grabbed a heavy blanket, probably for use by the horses, and threw it over her.

It was the work of a few minutes to get the horses moving to his workshop, a broken down and abandoned shanty outside the town. Once they arrived, he gave the horses a good swat to keep them moving, then grabbed the girl and tugged her out of the carriage. Something cracked when she hit the hard earth, probably an arm or a leg, but he landed on his feet with little more than discomfort, and cared little.

He moved to the beautiful bride's still body. She was trying desperately to lie perfectly still, pretend to be dead. She was failing, the tears still running fast down her face, blurring her makeup.

"Shh. Shh. It's alright." He picked her up gently and carried her into the shack. It was a lot more than alright, though.

It was perfect.

He lay the girl down on a table, already darkened with the blood of previous victims. He walked to the wall and selected a scrupulously cleaned, jagged-edged knife and cut the gag off with it. He touched the knife to her dress and started to cut, the fabric tearing away and revealing her properly.

"It's okay to scream. No one is going to hear you. Go on. Scream."

Grana yawned and tipped up his widebrim hat he had bought for sleeping during the peaceful streches of his journey. His coracle gently bumped into port. Grana looked behind him and saw he had missed the entire line of Marines, in the one hole in their flotilla. Grana nodded, pleased with himself. Answering questions were a pain, especially when people asked "who are you" or "how the hell did you survive in a boat little bigger than you?" Many quick getaways had to be made due to such questions. Grana tied up his coracle to a pier and made his way to the town, looking for food. He walked quickly past the marines and bounty hunters, heading deeper into the heart of Jingo. He found a fence. Taking his hat off his head, Grana reached inside, his entire arm fitting down a hat no more than half a foot deep, and pulled out a small, heart-shaped ruby. The fence whistled. "The Dragon's Heart." the fence whistled. "Ay 'eard o' it before, but ah never thought ah would get t' see it. Ah'll give ya... 5 million beli fer it." The fence was one in Grana's network, so he knew he was getting a good price for it. Besides, the ruby was incredibly hot, as Damien had just stolen the thing last week for food. Grana was amazed he was able to move the thing off his hands at all. "Thanks, mate, I owe you one. I didn't think I was gonna be able to sell this for at least another month." Damien said as he exchanged the ruby for beli. The money went into his hat and disappeared. "See you!" Grana called over his shoulder. He stopped in a small joint and grabbed a bite to eat before moving on, his hunger satiated. "Perfect. Now, if I could just find a half decent smithy to repair my weapon, I'm set for this week." Grana felt the katana at his side lurch as the two split halves clanged in their sheath. He quietly cursed the axe-wielding maniac with the stupid engravings on his weapon that shattered Grana's blade during his latest heist. He sighed and walked into the sunshine as he appeared once more on the more civil outskirts of the town.

Smithy walked along, when his keen blacksmithing ears picked up the sound of a broken sword in its sheath. He turned to the source of the sound, knowing if the damage was as big as he thought then he could make quite a bit of beli.

He tapped Grana on the shoulder, smiling. He held his hammer in the air beside him. "Unless I'm mistaken, your Katana there's been split in two... Its making quite the racket." Without asking Smithy pulled the Katana off of Grana. "You need to be more careful... Katanas are made via folding, makes them harder to repair... Cheaply." He twirled the heavy hammer in his hands. "Just so happens I'm the best of the best when it comes to Blacksmiths! Its your lucky day! The name's Smithy." He held the Katana forwards. "500,000 beli for repairing, 550,000 for added engravings and 750,000 if you want your Katana better then before!"

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 36 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked