Just Another Day: A Zombie Survival Choose Your Own Adventure

 Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 NEXT
 

Kuroneko Aisha:
I'm just thinking out loud here, but maybe we could investigate the gunshots. If they're military then maybe they would lend a few men/women to rescue the other group. Plus, military in this situation usually means Humvee's, Bradley's and other heavily armored vehicles right?

I would suggest we do that if it were an option.

Alas, it is not.

Well there is the F option, abandon the group (you can come back later), so perhaps we could use that to move towards the possible military group.

Sounds good to me.

So that's 1 vote each for a, c, and f.

Kuroneko Aisha:
Well there is the F option, abandon the group (you can come back later), so perhaps we could use that to move towards the possible military group.

Ninjat_126:

e) Seek assistance in the rescue.

Gentlemen...

That would work too! E for me it is.

E
________________________________________________________________________________________________

Rather than do something suicidal, Jacob and I decided to do something potentially suicidal and decided to investigate the distant gunshots. With luck, we could save the day and then immediately cash in the favour.

A few minutes of roundabout walking later, we found a group of heavily armed civilians standing in a tight ring, surrounded by corpses. These guys had discipline, and didn't seem scared one bit. Not necessarily a good thing.

Choices:

a) Come up with a way to signal them without being shot (propose a method).
b) Sneak away.

b) We don't need help. Let's just get out of here.

Well, they would certainly be helpful for saving the others but there's no guarantee that they would help, or even consider talking. I'll go with B as well.

Sorry, I waited for votes then my interwebs crashed.
________________________________________________________________________________________________

Rather than risk contact with some weirdly disciplined strangers, we decided to go back and rethink our options. They hadn't gotten much better. Worse, I had a sneaking suspicion one of the group had spotted me.


Choices:

a) Attempt to signal the survivors. (Propose method of signalling)
b) Create a diversion (such as a car alarm) to draw away the horde.
c) Blow up the petrol station!
d) Directly attack the horde.
e) Ask the Weirdly Disciplined Guys for help after all.
f) Abandon the group. (You can come back later)

Hints:

- Your signal can get you killed.
- Yes, the petrol station is a reference to 28 Days Later. Have a cookie.
- If you leave the group, specify a new objective or I'll assume you're just running for it.
- If you leave, the group may be killed. They also might die while you're busy trying to rescue them.
- The Weirdly Disciplined Guys may know you're there now.

Update just in time for Christmas.

*looks at options*

EDIT: Changed to c).

I do hope Zed had a merry Christmas.

How about we close it with some motherfucking fireworks.

BLOW IT UP
BLOW IT ALL UP

C)

Hmm, I'm up for some fire and mayhem after a cheerful Christmas in Afghanistan. Blow up the petrol station!

C)

Fine, fine. I'll change mine to c)

Eh, I'll go with C. as well.

C it is. I'm going to flip some coins to see if you survive or not! Update on the way.
________________________________________________________________________________________________

Rather than do something calculated and restrained, we decided to ignite the petrol station. Probably a stupid idea, but it would definitely attract a few zombies.

A few minutes later, we had emptied fuel all over the ground, covering the entire building in flammable petrol (or gas, whatever). Leaving a fairly thick trail from a jerrycan a good distance away from the building, we ignited the petrol and ran for it. We attracted a number of zombies in the process, but we were moving at a fast enough speed to get around the groups. At least, I was. Jacob was tackled to the ground by one of the sprinting ones, and before I could do anything he was already mobbed by about thirty zombies, coming out of buildings to see what was causing all the bright lights and smoke.

At that moment, the fuel tanks went off. I could feel the heat from here, and the fires were already spreading. Worse, the zombies seemed to lose interest in the fire fairly quickly, but the noise and lights were attracting them and waking them from their mostly docile states. I couldn't see the besieged flat from where I was, and had no clue if our plan was working or not.

Choices:

a) Take a jump to the left, and then a step to the right. (Do the time warp?)
b) Go back (towards the deathfire of death) and try to save Jacob.
c) Go towards the besieged flat.
d) Try and find those other Weirdly Disciplined Guys.
e) Get The Fuck Out, Run The Fuck Away, Fuck Everything And Run and save yourself.

Hints
- Nice job breaking it, hero.

Jacob is dead? Good... Good...

a) This is cause for celebration.

D. I want to see what they'll do. Probably kill us, but still.

I'll go with D as well! Rather to get shot to death than nommed!

Update postponed due to massive amounts of personal crap that I'm not going to go into details of.

(Just letting you know, you can time warp back to before blowing up the petrol station if you really want to, it's option A. I probably wouldn't have resisted the pretty explosions either, so you're getting a get out of jail free card.)

Can't we just do the dance? I don't really want to go back in time to save my least favorite character. I just want to shake my ass off.

I didn't know that it would reset it. The dance it is! Switching to A!

RaNDM G:
Can't we just do the dance? I don't really want to go back in time to save my least favorite character. I just want to shake my ass off.

Yes, you can just dance. But you'll die.

And what do you mean "least favourite character?" I haven't characterised anyone, how can you have a "least favourite" blank slate?

Ninjat_126:
Yes, you can just dance. But you'll die.

I'm willing to take the risk.

Ninjat_126:
And what do you mean "least favourite character?" I haven't characterised anyone, how can you have a "least favourite" blank slate?

That's the problem for me. We don't know anything about Jacob except that he likes guns and owns a bookstore. There's no emotional attachment that encourages me to go back and help him.

That's just my opinion. There's nothing stopping you from going back.

Two Words: High School. If I had more than two words, I'd say more things, like "Technical Theatre" and "Dark Souls" and "Broken Laptop", but yeah.

I'm tired of having to give you guys excuses, and I'm having trouble actually fitting the events into some kind of plausible canon. If you want, I can just do a recap and finish this as a short story, or just stop writing, or do a recap and let you keep voting from there, or whatever. Just give me a shout if you're still interested, and I sincerely apologise for leaving you guys hanging.


CHOICES:
a) Nin does a recap of Just Another Day, and the story continues from the end of the recap.
b) Nin continues from this point right here, plot holes and all. (After the explosion)
c) Nin recaps JAD, and finishes it in the form of a short story with a possibly happy ending.
d) Nin abandons story, never to return.
e) Nin starts over! From the beginning, with coherence. And possibly less railroading.
f) You (yes, you) make a suggestion!

Also, if you stick with me I shall post images of myself and friends dressed up as characters from the webcomic Romantically Apocalyptic. Not that that's much incentive, but for any stalkers out there you should be able to track my Ebay history and find out where I live if you recognise the components of the costumes.

I choose A! I got in a little late but I wanna see it through to the end!

A).

Blow it up, Nin. Blow it all up.

*brofist*

b) sounds good.

B sounds fun, ive lurked the thread so yeah, no haters.

I just stumbled upon this thread today. I want to see what will happen to the blank slates next. I'ma go with B. FYI my favorite blank slate is the cop with the riot gear.

Eh...fuck it.

Change her to B.

Rather than do something calculated and restrained, we decided to ignite the petrol station. Probably a stupid idea, but it would definitely attract a few zombies.

A few minutes later, we had emptied fuel all over the ground, covering the entire building in flammable petrol (or gas, whatever). Leaving a fairly thick trail from a jerrycan a good distance away from the building, we ignited the petrol and ran for it. We attracted a number of zombies in the process, but we were moving at a fast enough speed to get around the groups. At least, I was. Jacob was tackled to the ground by one of the sprinting ones, and before I could do anything he was already mobbed by about thirty zombies, coming out of buildings to see what was causing all the bright lights and smoke.

At that moment, the fuel tanks went off. I could feel the heat from here, and the fires were already spreading. Worse, the zombies seemed to lose interest in the fire fairly quickly, but the noise and lights were attracting them and waking them from their mostly docile states. I couldn't see the besieged flat from where I was, and had no clue if our plan was working or not.

CHOICES:
a) Turn back and try to save Jacob.
b) Go for the flat.
c) Try to find the Weirdly Disciplined Guys from before.
d) GTFO, RTFA, FEAR and save yourself.

Hints:
- Jacob isn't dead yet, if you move fast and somehow avoid being mobbed by another 30 zombies you can pull him out. However, I'm not saying how many limbs he still has left.
- The Weirdly Disciplined guys may kill you on sight. Just saying.
- Running might not save you. Might not.

I'll give you a recap when it's all done, complete with some character bios.

b) And double-time it.

Yeah B seems the logical choice. Lose Jacob and potentially get 2 more zombie lures.

I'll go with B as well. ^^

Moving at top speed, I headed back towards the hopefully now unbesieged flat. No luck there; if anything the explosion had stirred them up. Now without Jacob, things were looking far bleaker.

I heard screams and shouts coming from everywhere, and for the first time, I really heard the collective moan of an undead city. Gunfire was coming from a building a few blocks to the north- possibly the people I saw earlier?

It didn't matter who they were. I probably wasn't getting out of there alive.

CHOICES:
a) Go down in a blaze of glory, with a guitar in your hand and rock in your heart.
b) Run like a dirty coward.
c) Stick around, may as well take a couple of them with you.
d) Get out of there. No point getting killed for nothing.
e) Find the Weirdly Disciplined Guys.

Guys, I offer you an out and you turn it down. Then again, considering how long it would take me to do a full recap I don't really blame you. Still, don't expect a happy ending.

 Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked