Just Another Day: A Zombie Survival Choose Your Own Adventure

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 NEXT

A

You can't say that isn't one of the better ways to die.

I say we go back to the weird guys, so E for me!

E it is. I'm nothing if not a glutton for punishment.

Every time I say run away or don't do anything stupid, everyone's all like, "NO! BE AN ACTION HERP! BAND TOGETHER! HAVE FAITH IN HUMANITY!"

And the one time I finally vote with you guys, we screw ourselves over.

b) Fuck everything and run.

EDIT: Changed to e).

This has been so much fun to watch.

Oh RaNDM you and your antics

B.

This is where friendship led us, Benndak.

THIS IS WHERE FRIENDSHIP LED US!

RaNDM G:
This is where friendship led us, Benndak.

THIS IS WHERE FRIENDSHIP LED US!

No, it's where you get when you BLOW UP A PETROL STATION. WHO THE HELL THOUGHT THAT WOULD HELP IN THE SLIGHTEST?

Faith in humanity had a good chance of helping you. It may save you yet. But you ran out on people who needed your help, and then came back. Not good for painting yourself as trustworthy. If you ran, you might be outside safe, sipping [ALCHOHOLIC BEVERAGE] and watching the sunset. Or not. As it was, your trip stood you a good chance of returning home a glorious hero, but that's probably not happening now. You're not doomed, but you're not going to be getting out of this unscathed.

FUN FACTS!
- Alex is named after a character from another zombie CYOA, as a tribute. Actually, it was a coincidence to be perfectly honest. I just noticed it after I decided on the name.
- Jacob is/was your order-following-doormat because of that zombie CYOA, where Alex/Sandra died an ignoble death when her NPC self decided to do a very silly thing and jump over a fence into a room full of zombies.
- I may yet write another one of these, with more coherence and better updates.
- I need another vote or two before I can update. A, EE, BB isn't quite right.

I'm sticking with E. Jacob is ruined by this point. Even if he isn't dead yet he is going to be a gigantic liability/zombie. Also running away isn't going to help. The entire city is going batshit zombie crazy. The only choice we have is guns, and people.

Lie about the petrol/gas station being exploded. That was a stupid idea. We don't want to tell the group of people we are counting on saving us. That we are the reason they may possibly die.

RaNDM The worst the thing we could do right now is run away alone. The fire isn't keeping the zombies attention, but it is waking every single one up. We need safety in numbers, and safety in heavy armaments. Running away is certain death, while the other alternative has a slightly less certainty of death.

Sticking with E as well. If we're going to go out then let's go out with blazing gunfire.

@Ninjat: It's always worth the cool explosion.

@warrcry: I'd rather get bit than get shot. Call me psychotic.

RaNDM G:
@Ninjat: It's always worth the cool explosion.

@warrcry: I'd rather get bit than get shot. Call me psychotic.

Getting bit isn't the problem. Survival is the problem. The better chance at survival is with people. Not to mention getting bit is the least of our problems. I'd say getting shot is preferable to being eaten alive.

Being eaten alive by moaning, howling, and stinking corpses is an awful way to die. One will eat into your intestines through belly. While another will most likely eat the face. You open your mouth to scream and bam zombie flesh. You try to twist to ease the pain. It only makes it worse because the zombie is face deep in your stomach. All the while you can't even lash back because your limbs will be pinned by the weight of the dead that are now devouring you.

Now pit that against a shot to the head. At the most being riddled with gunshots. Even if they don't kill you with the first shot and you're in agony. They will shoot you in the head. Mainly because that's a way to ensure you are not going to try to eat them. If you still would rather get bit than I don't think psychotic is the correct term. I'm not sure what is, but it is definitely a horrifying word.

Masochist?

In either case, I am fairly confident in Alex's athletic capabilities. And I'm sure she's got a crowbar still handy. We can fend for ourselves if we move quickly and quietly.

Plus, when Ninjat says weird disciplined guys, I immediately think of HUNK from Resident Evil 2.

As badass as that would be, I would not want to pair up with soldiers like that. They'll likely be just as focused on wiping out survivors as wiping out the infected.

I'm sticking with b). I can see your point, but I'd rather take a chance at living.

RaNDM G:
Masochist?

In either case, I am fairly confident in Alex's athletic capabilities. And I'm sure she's got a crowbar still handy. We can fend for ourselves if we move quickly and quietly.

Plus, when Ninjat says weird disciplined guys, I immediately think of HUNK from Resident Evil 2.

As badass as that would be, I would not want to pair up with soldiers like that. They'll likely be just as focused on wiping out survivors as wiping out the infected.

I'm sticking with b). I can see your point, but I'd rather take a chance at living.

He didn't say they were soldiers. He just said they were in civillian clothes and weirdly disciplined. Running through a awakened zombie city alone with a crowbar is not a good idea. Remember at the beginning of the story. Our heroine was being chased by one or two runners. She had trouble out running them because they don't tire.

Imagine being chased by like 10 of those and run into a mass exodus of shamblers. There is only so many skulls you can crush before you get tired.

(You're gonna hate me, but I've never really played any of the Resident Evil games.)

I only remember the one runner, and even then we tripped him.

Also, Delta Force operators work in civilian clothing. Just saying.

RaNDM G:
I only remember the one runner, and even then we tripped him.

Also, Delta Force operators work in civilian clothing. Just saying.

Well one runner managed to give us a problem imagine a horde.

That is true about the delta force. Which is even better. They may not shoot us on sight.

Hmm...

Well we need someone to come in here and tie breaker this. I'm sticking with my decision, and well RaNDM is being suicidal. Oh what can we do.

Coin flip.

RaNDM G:
Coin flip.

I agree. Seems that we won't advance without it. Let fate be the guide I suppose.

Or I can change my vote to e) and just get on with it.

I think I'll go with that. e) it is.

RaNDM G:
Or I can change my vote to e) and just get on with it.

I think I'll go with that. e) it is.

Am I a terrible person, because I briefly considered changing my vote after reading this?

Do it.

Guys, ME3. That is all.
________________________________________________________________________________________________

Not exactly in the best position with the best chance of survival, I ran in the direction of where I assumed the Weirdly Disciplined Guys to be. Soon, piles of dead zombies started to point me in the right direction. After a few minutes, it hit me that I wasn't the only one running. Not even the only human running.

Fortunately, the Runners were ahead of me, and as the trail went cold for them and they slowed down, I managed to plant Oliver in the backs of both their skulls with minimal difficulty. Either those two were slow runners or the WDGs had a good head start, and I decided to acquire a new bicycle. This one quickly became Firefly.

The walking, brain dead drone zombies, while numerous, didn't have a clue how to react to me once I got going. Every now and again one would try and grab me, but I was moving fast enough that it wasn't an issue, and I had enough experience cycling to be able to avoid them as long as they weren't too packed together. Fortunately, the WDGs had cleared them out a bit, though cycling over dead bodies still wasn't really an option.

Eventually, I had to let Firefly go, and continue on foot. I'd travelled only about 5 or so blocks. Still, that was where I caught my first glimpse of the WDGs in a while. A young girl, obviously tackled to the ground and eaten, a group of bewildered zombies standing nearby. She had similar weapons to mine, a walkie-talkie and a machete.

Choices:

a) Kill the zombies, loot the body. (Gun or Oliver?)
b) Grab some stuff and run, don't stay to fight them.
c) Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming swimming swimming.

Depending on the size of the group I would probably go with B, but my kitty senses are telling me to just keep swimming. So I'll go with C.

Not really sure a group of zombies is a vague description. like 3-4 or 4-10? I guess B. Though if it is only 3-4 you could always charge in. CLubbing one in the back of the head while kicking in the knee of another. Then take out the last standing. Then you can go back and take care of the shattered knee one. Or charge in with crowbar in one hand pistol in other. If it's close range it won't be too hard to hit. club one in head, crush ones knee club other. Finish crawler. The pistol is only for an emergency.

Personally that is what I'd do. Sadly I don't really know how strong, and or coordinated the character is.

I definitely caught this thread at the wrong time. I've been reading through and I think it kind of starting devolving slightly after the whole blowing up the petrol station thing. Though I liked the rest, I'm betting it wasn't expected that it would be majority choice. It's all good, though. Roll with the punches.
Honestly, at this point, our only hope is that those guys aren't going to kill us on sight, and we can remember where the girl is to come back for later, assuming your face doesn't resemble bloody Swiss cheese. Taking on even a small group of zombies would take down our momentum and expose us to risk.
C.)

c) Gotta stay sneaky.

Bork it elts just get this show on the road C) it is........Why is my captcha lunch tuesday? no it ahs a question mark it literally says lunch tuesday?.....

No point risking my life for a gun or ammo. It wasn't like I ever actually shot the gun anyway. Unfortunately, this was one of those times I wished I had.

The woman hadn't been overcome by a gang of shambling, brain dead cannibals. She'd been brought down by a gang of shambling, brain dead cannibals and one much faster leader. Before I knew what had happened, a howl rang out from behind me, and I was knocked off my bike to the ground. It only took me a second to draw my pistol, but by then the runner had sunk its teeth into my leg.

I managed- somehow- to put a bullet in its head before it really took a chunk out of my calf, but the bite still hurt like hell. Not to mention that the gunshot and the howl had attracted the attention of the aforementioned brain dead cannibals. Somehow remaining calm, I managed to shoot the closest two in the head and get to my feet. I wouldn't be running much now.

CHOICES:

a) Suicide/euthanasia.
b) Blaze of glory, inflicting pwnage on all nearby zombies before being overwhelmed.
c) Keep moving. Don't stop, don't give up.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Yep, that's a zombie bite. Shit just got real.

Philip3477:
I definitely caught this thread at the wrong time. I've been reading through and I think it kind of starting devolving slightly after the whole blowing up the petrol station thing.

Not meaning to bring it all down just when you got here. Don't worry, there's still a chance for something possibly called a "good" ending. If you die now, it's a plotline death, so no restarts and no continues.

Keep going! With all luck there might be an antidote right? Right? C for me!

C because trying to kill the zombies will result in immediate death, suicide obviously will as well, keeping moving is our only chance. Our only hope. To rescue people and make our short life in this apocalypse worth it.

Ninjat_126:
Not meaning to bring it all down just when you got here. Don't worry, there's still a chance for something possibly called a "good" ending. If you die now, it's a plotline death, so no restarts and no continues.

It's all good, I really like the thread and wish to participate in a few of the future ones you create (if you do): I think you're a pretty good GM.

Go with C. Even if there is no cure. We can be helpful before death. Also earlier he said something about biting of the face to spread it. Dunno if that is significant or not. I guess I shoulda stuck with my instinct ont hat last choice.

Even at this point in the story, we don't know if the bites themselves cause people to turn. I've reread all eight pages and found nothing. If this is an airborne or waterborne disease, we would already be immune to it.

c) Might as well keep going.

Dying is for cowards

c)Keep going

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked