Roleplaying is Friendship - The My Little Pony Series (PRIVATE RP of 2011)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 NEXT

Bara_no_Hime:
*snippers*

Artemus freezes, as though he is pantomiming the image of a stone wall. First, Twilight says she's busy, and then turns to not only ask for his advice based on his origins, but even /over dinner/. Maker on high be praised. His face lights up in a bright pink, "Wellyeahkinda, Err...I mean, yes. Yes, that'd be perfect. I do come from a town very similar to Ponyville, only our 'wrap-up' was different. Since we lived way up north, cleaning up all that snow was difficult, but we managed. As for dinner? I don't know who all is open besides Pony-Joe's."

In truth, Noverian Winter-Wrap Up is a huge celebration where the sun breaks through and melts most of the snow alongside the typical tradition of magic. All his family ever does during such a festival is write and perform music to hail the sunshine. Since the sun glows in Ponyville all year, cleaning should take a matter of hours. Then again, this town was founded entirely on Earth Ponies...who didn't have powers. But at this point, the white unicorn seems to now be lost in thought at the concept of cleaning winter without magic, or that Twilight actually accepted his offer.

"Right. Well, if you need time to get ready, I'll be outside. To be honest, I'm pretty curious myself. Where I come from, we didn't have many Earth Ponies. It's like the Cloudsdale of Unicorns. Anyway, I'll meet you outside." He says, opening the door and starting to walk outside. As he moves, he keeps looking at Twilight. So intently, that he misses the door and runs right into the doorframe. He shakes off the damage, and moves outside.

After what seemed like an eternity of watching all the Ponies run about Ponyville Mallow summoned the courage to go inside the Post Office. Inside it was a ghost town, with the holidays coming to a close all the holiday letters and gifts had come and gone, a Small Cream Pony sat behind the main desk, he looked up surprised at the me before retreating under the desk only for a split second to appear again he spoke in a cheery yet slightly nasally voice

"Erm Hello...Your Mallow right? the new delivery Pony?

Mallow looking down at the ground nervously replied

"Y...Yes...I Sta...Start in...Erm 2 days...I think"

The Pony behind the counter, slightly bemused at the contrast between his bold even slightly obnoxious and his nervous whisper, said.

"Great, well were short on staff as it is...well I guess its just me here! Most of the time somepony will volunteer to do some work. Its going to be great having a full time employee here and especially someone as famous as you!"

Mallow, slightly shocked the the response replied, more confidently.

"Famous? What...What do you mean?"

"Well every Post Pony like myself has heard of the Ember Family! Possibly and most likely the best Delivery Ponies ever! You can started now if you want? All you will have to do today is sit behind the counter in this window next to me OR you can have a look round our marvellous sorting and prep office!"

*Mallow looked through the small circular window on the "Sorting Office" door onto an unimpressive, clumsy looking machine that vaguely resembled a sorting machine*

"I built it myself!"

The Post Pony replied in an overenthusiastic tone

"I Can see"

*Mallow retreated into his messy mane shocked at his own harsh words*

For a split second the Post Pony looked disheartened, until he excitedly replied

"REALLY? Great! Im being recognised by MALLOW EMBER!"

Mallow sighed a sigh of relief that the Pony misunderstood his words

"Erm...I guess I will go to the sorting office and wait for a job to come through, I'm not to good at talking to other ponies Mr..? Erm sorry I don't know your name...

The Post Pony slightly taken aback replied

"My name? My name...OH of course...I'm so sorry I'm Miles, Miles Roberts! But you can call me Miles! Erm...If you want...and of course I'll be sure to call you on the PA system when I job comes through, Its going to be great working together!

*Mallow looking slightly confused looked through the empty service window to see a small copper pipe connecting the 2 rooms, he smiled slightly at the simplicity of it all*

"Ok Miles, thanks a bunch, I'll be in the back room if you need me! Im sure working together will be a blast!"

*Mallow again shocked at, this time, his own confidence slumped slightly and hid himself as per usual behind his scruffy mane*

"Erm...Yeah so I'm going to go...there...now..."

Mallow replied in his usual tone

"Sure!"

Miles beamed at the prospect of working with the industry famous Mallow Ember as Mallow slid into the back room

*Alone Mallow found a big comfy chair in the corner of the room and started day dreaming.*

Tarkinor:

"Well, you need to figure out where you live at least. And if you have amnesia, you ought to at least get checked to see if there might be something else wrong with your head."
*Arc then walked away from Ivan again and brushed Sapphire gently with his wing.*

"Someone you know?" *He inquires curiously, watching the bright pegasus*

Sapphire shook her head. "Just being polite, dad." She lowers her voice, in order to continue being polite. "And her..." She pauses for a second and her eyes flick to one side, "...mane is really pretty. It's so, um, bright. So, what's for dinner tonight?" She bounces up onto the ledge of the fountain (scattering the butterflies) so she can be at eye level with Arc. "Can we get something from the café?"

BlindChance:
Sapphire shook her head. "Just being polite, dad." She lowers her voice, in order to continue being polite. "And her..." She pauses for a second and her eyes flick to one side, "...mane is really pretty. It's so, um, bright. So, what's for dinner tonight?" She bounces up onto the ledge of the fountain (scattering the butterflies) so she can be at eye level with Arc. "Can we get something from the café?"

"Yea... it is..." *Arc spoke in a quiet voice that he did not believe Sapphire to have heard, unknowing of what she had really meant.His gaze slowly turned away from Goldenheart and back to his daughter.*
"Why not. How about you head down there and get us a table? I'll take our bags home and meet you there"*Arc smiled at her and shifted the bags that still rested on his back slightly. Absently, Arc wondered what the local animal care-giver, Fluttershy would have said if she saw Sapphire scattering the butterflies. He had taken Sly to see her a few times and knew of her reputation around town. Thinking of it made Arc want to chuckle, but his smile instead became a tad bit goofier*

Eternal-Chaplain:
"You'll have to forgive me, I- I can be quite hostile when suspicious. It's nothing concerning you alone, it's just that ponies- and even deer -can be very underhanded. Many will notice the cheating underworld of wealth and profit and do nothing, but I chose- I chose to fight against it. I don't steal from the rich simply because they are wealthy, as would I steal from the poor if they were to steal too. You call it justice: one gets what one deserves; one who steals should be stolen from? I call it honor and duty above all else. But of course not many trust me, for a thief is still a thief by any other name: be it hero or rogue."

"You need the money, and you rightly earned it from hard working parents I'm sure, I would never take anything from you, but I can see you're straining under the gold's weight and I feel obligated to help you out with anything you'd like as compensation for my hostility."

"So where are going to then?"

*Rainshower was indeed grateful for this pony's generosity. He admired that spite his size, he was willing to carry the bag for him. However, Rainshower felt that perhaps this pony did deserve the gold. It wasn't really that he didn't want to carry so much weight, but to have all that gold for himself seemed a bit selfish even though his parents earned it through his efforts and support. So he decided to simply call off the offer.*

"That's really cool of you, believe me- but really what would I possibly do with all that gold? I'd be spoiled no doubt, so go right ahead and keep that for yourself. I won't take it back, I just.. probably waste it when really it could be spent for better use. If you think about it, you can buy unique stuff! I am happier giving then receiving cause well.. ..I don't really eat much, nor materialistic."

*That made him consider something about the pony before him. He still hasn't gotten a clue about his true motives. At first, this pony thought of Rainshower as a thief, but then apologized. If this pony was a thief, then what made him only want to steal from other thieves? Unless.. he had the inspiration like Robin Hoof in those tales his parents told him about.* ..That sounds like something fun. Being a thief, stealing for the sake of justice and fairness. Awww man! I want to be something, all I have been doing is harvesting oak from trees though it did make my parents a successful business. ..Still, I want.. I want to BE something. Maybe.. an action hero- nah not that strong. Or, a.. Mm.. maybe a Sheriff.. but, Ponyvill doesn't belong in the desert or West. Darn it!

*Thinking to himself, he nearly forgot that the pony was still there.* "Oh! Sorry, I tend to think to myself a lot or daydream. It's a habit! But, if.. I can ask, what made you a thief and steal only from thieves? Cause.. that seems to be a 'good deed' in my eyes."

Tarkinor:

"Yea... it is..." *Arc spoke in a quiet voice that he did not believe Sapphire to have heard, unknowing of what she had really meant.His gaze slowly turned away from Goldenheart and back to his daughter.*
"Why not. How about you head down there and get us a table? I'll take our bags home and meet you there"*Arc smiled at her and shifted the bags that still rested on his back slightly. Absently, Arc wondered what the local animal care-giver, Fluttershy would have said if she saw Sapphire scattering the butterflies. He had taken Sly to see her a few times and knew of her reputation around town. Thinking of it made Arc want to chuckle, but his smile instead became a tad bit goofier*

"OK, Dad! And with that, Sapphire set off toward the café, pleasantly surprised by being taken up on the offer. With that surprise, all hurt about her absent cutie-mark vanished, and she gleefully canters down the street toward the café.

She's going to be devastated when she gets there and realises she left her books with her dad, and now she has nothing to read.

Lambi:
Toward

*Arc turned away from the fountain as Sapphire went scampering off with a light smile on his face, shifting his bags once again, the weight bothering him slightly. As he did so, he also passed by Goldenheart and from one of his saddlebags, a fresh apple fell, falling against her hoof. As Arc heard it, he turned back toward her, already speaking*
"Apologies." *He finished speaking as he looked toward her and his wing dipped down, moving to pick the apple up in the flexible tip of his wing*

Caramel Frappe:

"That's really cool of you, believe me- but really what would I possibly do with all that gold? I'd be spoiled no doubt, so go right ahead and keep that for yourself. I won't take it back, I just.. probably waste it when really it could be spent for better use. If you think about it, you can buy unique stuff! I am happier giving then receiving cause well.. ..I don't really eat much, nor materialistic."

"Oh! Sorry, I tend to think to myself a lot or daydream. It's a habit! But, if.. I can ask, what made you a thief and steal only from thieves? Cause.. that seems to be a 'good deed' in my eyes."

*MoonBrook pauses for a few moments, digesting all that had come to pass in just the last few moments.*

"It's a very long story, but...well I suppose I've got nothing to do, and you look like you've been trotting for a while...Gosh I feel like I've built up too much suspense, I pray it doesn't let down."

*MoonBrook stops to think about what to say to this stranger, trying to sift his more personal life out of his story of a thief.*

"My childhood...it wasn't very dark or lonely to a great extent: I was in a middle class family, attended school, my choice to thieve certainly didn't arise out of the need to. I never bring this up in most conversations, but I had always thought I was going to be an artist; I certainly wanted to. I just despised the world and how its animals behaved: mindlessly consuming whatever then passes for entertainment. I had...ridiculous standards in everypony else's eyes: I called what they thought was casual fun a complete waste of time and bits; that sort of thing, simply because I saw things in ways nopony else did. my closest friends said it was something special about me and I was certain that it made me fit to be an artist: to voice my thoughts in ways people could enjoy! I would spend long nights thinking of what to draw or paint...but when the pencil meets paper, I was held up to the light and saw I couldn't make a pretty thing. Nopony would give my art a chance because it was so visually mediocre...It just tore me apart. My life was in question, I almost just gave people what they wanted and left this earth...but then I saw it: the way to stop the corruption, it wasn't through passive words and pretty pictures; it was by hurting ponies where it hurt the most: in their physical possessions that so so wrongly obtain. I may be one pony, but I've stopped a thousand thieves, and that has made all the difference to me."

*He stopped somewhat abruptly: he hadn't meant to talk about half of those things! There was something about this Deer that made him open up so widely. Maybe it was because he, for once in his life, didn't fear rejection.*

"Ahem, but, um, well now I just travel from place to place...I keep a small wagon of five chests filled with gold to keep myself alive, whatever I steal that I don't need I throw into the forest or bury, hoping a more deserving fellow finds it well and useful. And, eh, if you don't mind: why do you ask?"

*With any luck, the Deer wouldn't notice the somewhat nervous movements the pony made hoping he hadn't frightened the stranger with dark tales of misery and revenge.*

BlindChance:
snip

Goldenheart nodded and smiled back to the little filly who ran past her. Such a cute little filly. Eager, it seems, too.

Everypony seemed to be so busy with something. Whether it was shopping or just talking to another pony, all seemed to be well in Ponyville. It was a little cold, but she could handle it. Could be working for too long making showflakes without getting used to the cold. She walked around a bit until an apple rolled onto one of her front hooves.

Tarkinor:
snip

This...was something she had hoped she wouldn't get near. She sort of froze when the apple touched her front hoof, and when Arc picked it up, she flew up in the air as fast as she could. She hadn't meant to be rude and run, er, fly away from that pegasus, but she couldn't help it. She tried to keep the thoughts of apples away from her mind, but it wasn't easy once she'd seen an apple. A few tears came from her eyes, both because of her fear and because now that pegasus probably thought she was weird. She wouldn't blame him, though. And this had been such a good day...

*Silver Quill sighed deeply. Ponyville was turning out to be even more uneventful than she had feared. She took another look through the notes she had been absent-mindedly scribbling down and her annoyance turned to dismay.*

Useless! Every one of them! Not even those backwater rock-farming ponies could be enthralled by "The Plight of the Rudely-Pushed Pony" or "The Fall of the Forsaken Flier".

If things don't pick up around here soon I'll be forced to make something up, and that is not something I want to have to do! ... Not so soon after the last-time, anyway.

*She took another desperate look at her surroundings, but even in the town-centre there appeared to be little of note happening in Ponyville.*

Perhaps the winter-wrapup will stir things up a little, though I rather doubt many will be interested in the silly traditions of a small town.

Well, sitting around here is getting me nowhere, though it is rather peaceful. More peaceful than central Canterlot at any rate. Maybe I should stay here just a little longer...

Eternal-Chaplain:
"It's a very long story, but...well I suppose I've got nothing to do, and you look like you've been trotting for a while...Gosh I feel like I've built up too much suspense, I pray it doesn't let down."

"My childhood...it wasn't very dark or lonely to a great extent: I was in a middle class family, attended school, my choice to thieve certainly didn't arise out of the need to. I never bring this up in most conversations, but I had always thought I was going to be an artist; I certainly wanted to. I just despised the world and how its animals behaved: mindlessly consuming whatever then passes for entertainment. I had...ridiculous standards in everypony else's eyes: I called what they thought was casual fun a complete waste of time and bits; that sort of thing, simply because I saw things in ways nopony else did. my closest friends said it was something special about me and I was certain that it made me fit to be an artist: to voice my thoughts in ways people could enjoy! I would spend long nights thinking of what to draw or paint...but when the pencil meets paper, I was held up to the light and saw I couldn't make a pretty thing. Nopony would give my art a chance because it was so visually mediocre...It just tore me apart. My life was in question, I almost just gave people what they wanted and left this earth...but then I saw it: the way to stop the corruption, it wasn't through passive words and pretty pictures; it was by hurting ponies where it hurt the most: in their physical possessions that so so wrongly obtain. I may be one pony, but I've stopped a thousand thieves, and that has made all the difference to me."

"Ahem, but, um, well now I just travel from place to place...I keep a small wagon of five chests filled with gold to keep myself alive, whatever I steal that I don't need I throw into the forest or bury, hoping a more deserving fellow finds it well and useful. And, eh, if you don't mind: why do you ask?"

*Rainshower had been blown away by his history. Knowing how it feels to do something so badly, but unable to obtain it due to restrictions or perhaps even oneself. Really feeling glad that this pony opened up, Rainshower placed a hoof onto his shoulder as a comforting padding.*

"Why did I ask? Because you're really awesome, that's why. I mean, never would of known your life revolved around the benefits of art. I'm actually into art myself- see, when home alone which was a lot.. I drew. My drawings blew at first and I ate the papers I failed drawing on.. But, at a point I got better. I'm not a professional artist, but it has enough detail to stand out nicely. If you'd like, I could teach you the basics."
*Feeling excited now, Rainshower placed his other bag of gold down and walked to the tree closest to them. He smacked his hoof into the bark, and a chip of it fell down. Using the edge of this bark, he started carving into the tree, guiding it with his mouth.*

*Before the pony can ask what it was mainly, Rainshower spun around and dropped the chipped peace of the bark.* "Ta Daa! What you think?" *The image was actually the pony himself. Rainshower drew him sort of well, the lines slightly curvy while the hair was sloped down to low. However, it was pretty nice since it was carved onto the tree.* "Doesn't matter what others think. You can draw masterpieces, but it'd not make you happy if it's not in your taste. If you steal from these 'thieves' or 'bad ponies' due to revenge.. then are you happy with that? Not judging, but I was always told 'do what's right son.' That's what my dad said to me, always rubbing his hoof on my hair to be playful."

*A serious matter occured, which Rainshower wanted to go over.* "Also, I asked because you really .. are the first pony I really talked to besides just my parents. Never know how to socialize, so the more I know bout you- the better! Cause, I think you're.. um, actually maybe my first 'friend' I ever had. My friends were just wildlife who didn't interact with me but I knew them! I know where this one badger lives.. that dude is pretty grumpy but I don't really mind passing by him. But, yeah! So cool to have a friend, who shares a passion of art like me!" *Rainshower skipped around the pony, but not in little leaps. His agility was swift, each jump at least 8 feet to each corner. Was sort of hard to keep up unless you could move your head fast enough.*
"Since you know my name, what would you like me to call you BUDDY!" *Rainshower with closed eyes called out happily while still jumping about.*

Caramel Frappe:
"Also, I asked because you don't really .. are the first pony I really talked to besides just my parents. Never know how to socialize, so the more I know bout you- the better! Cause, I think you're.. um, actually maybe my first 'friend' I ever had. My friends were just wildlife who didn't interact with me but I knew them! I know where this one badger lives.. that dude is pretty grumpy but I don't really mind passing by him. But, yeah! So cool to have a friend, who shares a passion of art like me!" *Rainshower skipped around the pony, but not in little leaps. His agility was swift, each jump at least 8 feet to each corner. Was sort of hard to keep up unless you could move your head fast enough.*
"Since you know my name, what would you like me to call you BUDDY!"

*Being a rogue most of his life, MoonBrrok had nearly forgotten everything about his past, even his friends. He remembered their happiness and company, but nothing specific. This deer, RainShower, wasn't afraid of him and had already acted like any friend would...*

"Hmhm, you can call me MoonBrook...it's nice to meet you RainShower...And, um, thanks for...understanding, animals like you are so hard to come by...Gosh it's hard to say this: RainShower I travel a lot, I've never really had any friends since I left home for the first time, never to return, I'd love to be your friend, I really would. You don't mind my...'proffesion' do you?"

*He quickly remembered what RainShower had asked him moments ago and followed up shortly:*

"Oh and thanks for the offer, but the art of drawing and painting isn't very much in my interest so much as the art of theft. At this point in my life, I feel like I'm an artist simply in my work: I try to add grace, mannerism, and sophistication into all my heists: I really am happy with what I do."

*He stands a little taller with his last statements feeling very proud with his work in the past.*

Artemus:
"Wellyeahkinda, Err...I mean, yes. Yes, that'd be perfect. I do come from a town very similar to Ponyville, only our 'wrap-up' was different. Since we lived way up north, cleaning up all that snow was difficult, but we managed. As for dinner? I don't know who all is open besides Pony-Joe's."

"Pony Joe?" I ask, confused. "I think you must mean Sugar Cube Corner. Pony Joe's is in Canterlot. I used to go there all the time before I moved here." Actually, that would hit the spot right now.

Artemus:

"Right. Well, if you need time to get ready, I'll be outside. To be honest, I'm pretty curious myself. Where I come from, we didn't have many Earth Ponies. It's like the Cloudsdale of Unicorns. Anyway, I'll meet you outside." He says, opening the door and starting to walk outside. As he moves, he keeps looking at Twilight. So intently, that he misses the door and runs right into the doorframe. He shakes off the damage, and moves outside.

"No, I'm fine to leave now," I tell him. And watch in alarm as he walks into the door frame.

"Are you okay?" I ask. He seems fine - he shakes it off and we head outside.

"Anyway," I continue as we head off towards Sugar Cube Corner, "I'm a little sad to hear that you come from a Unicorn-only town. I'm sure you guys used magic to help clear things during your wrapup." I sigh. "That's how we did it back in Canterlot. Well, Princess Celestia mostly, but she had me help the last couple of years." I smile at the memory. However, my happiness fades.

"But, according to what I've read," I tell Artemus, "They don't use ANY magic at all during the Ponyville Winter Wrapup! I can't even imagine how they manage." I shake my head.

"I want to do my part and help out, but I don't know how," I lament. I turn towards Artemus. "Do you have any ideas how we could help without using magic?"

*Ivaan was walking through the crowds of ponies when suddenly a voice came into his head *
[/i]"heeeey ivaan! i've been looking all over for you![/i]
*Ivan had no idea what the voice in his head was but he was surprised when a bird landed on his head he went behind a building took a deep breath and said...*
"ok...who.the hell.are.you"
Quit joking around it's me! Flash!
*ivaan went into detail about how he lost his memory during which Flash tells him that there thoughts are shared between the two. which didn't strike him as odd he went back to the street as the continued talking*
NOTE: the rest of the conversation is still in there heads it's just annoying to use the [i] command for every line of dialogue
"so you really lost your memory...you're not messing around with me?
"nope I'm not...hell i just learned who princess celesta was like 5 minutes ago...
wow...guess you're not joking...well don't worry i'll help you remember things!
thanks Flash really appreciate it
*the two continued though town talking to each other*

Bara_no_Hime:

"Pony Joe?" I ask, confused. "I think you must mean Sugar Cube Corner. Pony Joe's is in Canterlot. I used to go there all the time before I moved here."

Well, so much for looking intelligent.

Bara_no_Hime:

"No, I'm fine to leave now, are you okay?" "Anyway, I'm a little sad to hear that you come from a Unicorn-only town. I'm sure you guys used magic to help clear things during your wrapup. That's how we did it back in Canterlot. Well, Princess Celestia mostly, but she had me help the last couple of years."

"Yeah, I'm afraid there isn't so much I could tell you about Earth Ponies, or Pegasus ponies. I grew up around all Unicorns with a visitor every so often. In fact, I've only ever met four Pegasus ponies, ever."

Bara_no_Hime:

"But, according to what I've read, they don't use ANY magic at all during the Ponyville Winter Wrapup! I can't even imagine how they manage."

"I want to do my part and help out, but I don't know how, do you have any ideas how we could help without using magic?"

Artie shakes his head once more, probably to stop the world from splitting between his eyes. That doorframe really did hurt. "Based on what I've read about Earth Ponies, is that their only real talent is to move heavier things quicker. It's like the difference between my magic and yours. You have much more control over more spells, while I only can do certain things with /a/ spell. I imagine our Earthen cousins take plows and manually move all of the snow into piles while the Pegasus ponies concentrate the sun on those piles. As for what we can do? I...don't know. I was going to head up to Canterlot for my annual performance to Celestia. But I guess I can stay here and do it...though it won't actually help."

He pauses in thought for a little bit before speaking up again, "As for you? I...I think I heard Rarity making baskets with her magic. Or Fluttershy helping to wake up the hibernating creatures. And if you feel up to it, you could help your friend...aaah...whatsername...Applejoe? Applejack! Yeah, her. You could help her push those plows. Lastly, you could help me prepare more instruments for the performance. Actually! That's exactly what I need you to do...if you wanted to. See, I wanted to put together some kind of song for everypony to sing while working to help pass the time. I haven't gotten it all worked out yet, but if you wanted to, I'd give you the lead part."

Bara_no_Hime:

Lambi:
Poof

"Oh my. Did I hurt your hoof?" *Arc looks up at the pegasus worriedly, the apple falling to the ground again as his wings flap in worry before folding at his sides.*
Nicely done Arc. You just hurt a pretty young pegasus. *He thought to himself and sighed as he continued looking up at Goldenheart. In the back of his mind he hoped that he wasn't going to keep Sapphire waiting*

Eternal-Chaplain:
"Hmhm, you can call me MoonBrook...it's nice to meet you RainShower...And, um, thanks for...understanding, animals like you are so hard to come by...Gosh it's hard to say this: RainShower I travel a lot, I've never really had any friends since I left home for the first time, never to return, I'd love to be your friend, I really would. You don't mind my...'proffesion' do you?"

"Oh and thanks for the offer, but the art of drawing and painting isn't very much in my interest so much as the art of theft. At this point in my life, I feel like I'm an artist simply in my work: I try to add grace, mannerism, and sophistication into all my heists: I really am happy with what I do."

*Rainshower was now very pleased with all of this. He was sort of worried that he got carried away, perhaps acting unnatural in front of this pony with his behavior. So he settled down and got in front of him again, sitting next to his one bag of gold coins.*
"MoonBrook, that sounds like a name for a spy. Probably for a pony that works secretly in the depths of Fillydelphia. Actually, I am just assuming because I never been there.. or anywhere outside of Hoofington. It's a town I just came from.. lived there my whole life really. Yea.. but, hey it's my big day out in the World and I am going to live it!"

*He remembered clearly that MoonBrook has offered himself to be Rainshower's friend. Noticing this, it was a feeling that sunk in with delight thus made the deer unsure how to fully react. He never had a friend before other then the animals, so how would this carry out then? What exactly do friends..do? Still, Rainshower wouldn't let this wear him down nor get nervous in any way.* "Of course not!" *He said, MoonBrook unsure what this meant at first.* "Why would I judge your profession! I'd even be willing to clean up the streets if it meant I had a purpose. For now, I left harvesting oak from trees behind.. I need to find my role. You know, like how ponies do? Yet, they are blessed having Cutie Marks. Deers don't get crap.. all they get is.. well, nothing. All they have is natural abilities, but doesn't every animal have that already? Sort of sucks if you think about it, but oh well."

"With that said, I must include that I am naturally nice. So no problem at all 'Friend'! We'll always have differences, as my mom said.. but, if there are those who share the things in common, they'll bound to be your friend. Yet, funny how she didn't want me meeting any of the neighbors so I never got to find out how they really were. But, seriously.. no problem! We should get going, it's pretty cold and snow's all around. Not sure how you ponies handle the cold, but me as a deer- I enjoy it. Would way rather have rain, to dance in it under the trees as it showers over me, but.. can't have everything. That'd make me spoiled, Haha.. Oh.. I got carried away again. I have a habit of playing around too." *Rainshower got the bag onto his side and even placed the other on MoonBrooke's side only for them to be walking along the way toward Ponyvill. Since he was going to have MoonBrooke keep the back, Rainshower felt it be best to notify the pony about how much gold was in there.*

"Since you're going to be keeping that bag, I think I should tell you how much you have.. you know, in case you want to store some of that in a bank and what not. Alright- so each bag is 300 pounds of gold and each coin is worth $3, weighing only a pound. If a regular Apple Pie costs 7 gold coins then that is $21. So pretty much times that and you got yourself $900 gold with just that bag. If I kept both of mine together.. that would be $1,800 gold total. If you divide 900 by 3; that is exactly 300!" *Rainshower gave a smile, but then his face seemed to break.* "..Wait, so an Apple Pie costs $21? That's a rip off.."

Caramel Frappe:
"Since you're going to be keeping that bag, I think I should tell you how much you have.. you know, in case you want to store some of that in a bank and what not. Alright- so each bag is 300 pounds of gold and each coin is worth $3, weighing only a pound. If a regular Apple Pie costs 7 gold coins then that is $21. So pretty much times that and you got yourself $900 gold with just that bag. If I kept both of mine together.. that would be $1,800 gold total. If you divide 900 by 3; that is exactly 300!" *Rainshower gave a smile, but then his face seemed to break.* "..Wait, so an Apple Pie costs $21? That's a rip off.."

"RainShower, thanks for the hospitality, but I really don't need this any more than you; remember my wagon of chests filled by gold? It's not a matter of pride, rather it's that same lack necessity you have towards it! I can carry this into town for you, but when there; feel better if it was given to somepony else, somepony who really does need it. You must admit we're both rather well off with money!"

*MoonBrook smiled broadly at RainShower knowing his new friend would understand, but the thought made him ask:*

"By the way, I forgot to ask when I first heard it: where did you get your name from? Is there any reason your parents gave it to you?"

*Feeling he owed some explanation as well, he decided to open up a smaller crack in his life to explain:*

"Mine, MoonBrook, well I got it only a few years ago...I really can't remember who I was before; it was when I had been travelling. I ran into a gang of Diamond Dogs in the dark, and in times of desperation they had no problem taking gold. I...well if you haven't noticed, I don't carry any weapon on me, Peace and Pacifism was always a big part of my life; so I was easily overpowered seeing as I was caught off guard. They broke one of my legs so I could follow them, took my gold, and left me for dead; and I certainly would have been had I not been saved! Tere are some ponies that live in nomadic groups who only live in the forest to be at one with nature: druids, they are often called; and after a few hours of pain and agony, one of their gatherers found me! He took me back to their cave where they were spending the night and used some form of magic to heal my leg. I stayed with them the rest of that night, and in their own unique language they would speak to eachother and when referring to me, they used one term: 'SianNodel' or 'MoonBrook.' I did learn some of their language in that short time, not much stays with me though!"

*MoonBrook, or SianNodel, felt great now: the conversation had turned from painfully revealing to open and free where words could flow easily between new friends!*

"Oh and one more thing...do you have a home to go to? I just thought it was safe to assume your parents have bought one ahead of time."

*And the new friends continued their travel...*

After day dreaming about anything and everything, Mallow snapped out of his trance when an old dusty letter slipped off of the top of the DIY sorting machine

*Mallow picked the letter up*

"Hmmmm, this letter's date is almost a month ago...must of got misplaced in the holiday rush...I'll be sure to drop by on the way to my next job. I seen no point in rushing out now when its only just gone past 1PM...Someone else might need something delivering...Although I can't see that happening any time soon

*Mallow stared through the 2 small circular windows onto the street*

it was almost as if the post office was the kind derelict, abandoned, old building that nobody took notice of in big cities. Not a post office.

*Mallow sighed and floated back into memories*

Mallow could remember the sorting office in Cloudsdale at the beginning of the Winter Holidays. Multi-Coloured letters flew about at great speeds, thousands of them all being processed by the magical sorting machine. It spat letters across the room in a frenzy of paper into the right slots ready to be bagged up and delivered. As many Ponies ran about in an organised chaos, each with their own jobs to do. Mallow loved the atmosphere! The ability to slip through the crowd when nobody cared about him, he was just one in thousands of Ponies. Nobody would ask him how he was doing out of the blue, unlike Ponyville, it seemed everypony knew everypony. And Mallow was an outsider, which made people even more curious, Mallow didn't like that one bit!

*Again coming to his senses Mallow read the delivery address on the blue envelope*

Well..Its OK to check were its going right? Pfft of course it is! What am I saying I need to read it to know where its going! Hmm lets see...

*Mallow dusted it off and read the finely printed words, at the beginning there was a strange symbol almost like an "And" symbol, Mallow recognised it from somewhere...*

"Ah its that musical symbol, Iv seen it on a few musical scores Iv delivered. Hmmmm...Now little letter where should you be...Noveria...Ah yeah...Cloudsdale for unicorns as my Dad calls it...I remember last time I went there, not exactly a warm reception although there was that nice Pony...With...Ah Oh maybe that's what I remember! There was a Pony with this symbol as his Cutie Mark, ah he played such beautiful music as I flew past the window, he looked shocked to see a Pegasus hehe. Yet he was polite unlike most of the Unicorns there. Hmmm I wonder where he is now...

*Before he could read the rest of the envelope Mallow yet again drifts off into memory*

Artemus:
"As for you? I...I think I heard Rarity making baskets with her magic. Or Fluttershy helping to wake up the hibernating creatures. And if you feel up to it, you could help your friend...aaah...whatsername...Applejoe? Applejack! Yeah, her. You could help her push those plows. Lastly, you could help me prepare more instruments for the performance. Actually! That's exactly what I need you to do...if you wanted to. See, I wanted to put together some kind of song for everypony to sing while working to help pass the time. I haven't gotten it all worked out yet, but if you wanted to, I'd give you the lead part."

"Lead part?" I ask, bewildered. "I'm... not that good of a singer. Not like Pinkie Pie." I blush slightly that he'd even ask me. I mean, I can carry a tune, sure, but sing the lead part? That's a huge responsibility. Only a really talented singer like Pinkie Pie or Sweetie Belle should be handling a big part like that.

"A-anyway, that thing about Rarity using magic to make birds nests sounds... well, it sounds like something I could handle. Although," I add, frowning, "I'm not very good with crafts. Still, how hard could birds nests be? They're just bundles of sticks, right?"

Artemus looks disappointed. Oh, stupid me! He was trying to be nice and you just... told him you weren't interested.

"I'd love to help out some other way, though," I add hastily. "Composing a song to sing while we work sounds like a wonderful idea. I could... um... well, I do pretty well singing backup, or harmony, or - oh! - I could help distribute the sheet music!" That's just the sort of job I'd be good at. But... everypony is going to need it before the wrap up starts, so that still doesn't leave me with anything to do DURING the wrap up. Still, helping is helping.

Bara_no_Hime:

"Lead part? I'm... not that good of a singer. Not like Pinkie Pie."

As the small structure of the Greener Pastures Cafe looms towards the two Unicorns, Artemus laughs, "Nonsense Twilight! You have a /wonderful/ voice. You, Rarity, Rainbow Dash...all of your friends have incredible talent in singing. And while Pinkie Pie does have a....specialty with music, it's not exactly the same thing. She's got something in her tone that doesn't quite ring out like you or Rarity. Plus, Pinkie Pie and I....aren't the best of friends. Or at least, I'd think so. To be honest, we don't talk much."

He then considers her other offer, "Perhaps. There will be lots of sheets, and they do need to stay on stands while I go about the instruments. I'll keep that in mind. Thanks for offering! Though it seems we've arrived." He says, opening the door for her first, and walking in immediately behind her. As he walks, he averts his gaze to eslewhere, lest everypony around him make jokes that he's looking at the 'complexity' of Twilight's multi-colored tail.

They move inside, and are quickly directed to a table away from a larger group of Earth and Pegasus ponies that seem to be having a good time. Menus are distributed, and the waiter goes to get water for the both of them. "So. All the snow outside.....and only what, 30 Earth Ponies and 10 or so Pegasus ponies to clean it? In a /day/? They either must have some serious organization, or...something. I know that where I come from, we always clean up the wintertime first, because we're all Unicorns. But I can't remember where Ponyville placed."

Bara_no_Hime:
Snipping

Meanwhile, one very bored looking young filly has been seated at the café for a little while now, and has at this point read the menu roughly three times. Staggeringly, this means that Sapphire was for once, not reading. That meant she was watching the door, and in turn, meant that she saw Twilight Sparkle the moment she came in. Her eyes widened, and she hopped off her chair and dashed up to the table with Artemus and Twilight Sparkle.

"Ms. Sparkle!" she says, delighted and oblivious to any sense she might be intruding, "It's so good to see you again! Sir." She bows her head to the stallion she doesn't know. "Ms. Sparkle, I'm so sorry! I meant to return Royal Tales but I may have managed to let doing so slip my mind. I promise I'll bring it back tomorrow, but thank you so much for letting me borrow it!" Sapphire has always idolised Twilight Sparkle a little, as an example of the kind of learning and intelligence she hopes to have as well.

Tumult -
On the outskirts of Ponyville rested a quaint house in a rather forlorn state of decay, which put it much at odds to the pristine and beautiful style of house that was the norm in Ponyville. Grime of varying shades of brown coated its windows, its once sturdy wooden foundations had now become the habitat of all kinds of moss and fungi and to top it all off the door hung on broken hinges. It was rumoured that the sole inhabitant had not been seen for two months, and that whenever anypony tried to check up on the resident's health they were barred out by some unseen presence. As such, the young fillies and colts of the town thought the place was haunted - and often made a game of seeing who was brave enough to walk all the way down the path leading to the house...so far not one had even reached the door! Mostly due to the strange sounds coming from within...

On this winter's day, however, one particular young colt had summed up the courage to walk all the way to the eerily creaking door. Driven by curiosity (and from the incessant urging of his friends off in the background), he peered into the murky darkness of the hallway... and that's when he saw it. Deep within, something stirred. The unmistakeable sound of hoof-steps resonated across the rotting flooring, and soon a shadowy equine figure came into view, groaning as if somepony had injured it gravely.

The colt froze, no matter how much he willed his legs to move, they wouldn't budge an inch. The creature drew closer, it's mournful groaning increasing as it drew closer and closer, until...

"Argh...do you...do you have any willow bark? I feel like I've been beaten with a sledgehammer with a lemon wrapped around it..." In an instant, the colt bolted away from the house screaming, his friends picking up on the fear and fleeing themselves. The noise made Tumult cringe. "Damn kids..." the mare muttered, wearily making her way outside of the house, clutching her hat covered head tentatively with a hoof. "That's the last time I drink that medical-grade stuff...doubt my liver can take it,"

Despite how incredibly hung over Tumult was, she had cleaned herself up rather well. Her amber mane hung rather scruffily as always, her white body gleamed and her amber eyes currently betrayed a fiery determination... which she quickly rectified. Couldn't let such a minor detail as that betray what she was really thinking, could she? On her head laid her "thinking cap", a jet black bowler hat that completely obscured her horn.

Turning her attention to her surroundings and ignoring her pounding head, Tumult acknowledged the snow-drenched world around her - taking in as much information as possible. Judging by the thick cover of snow, Equestria was firmly in winter's grasp... meaning that infamous "Winter Wrap-Up" festival would probably happen quite soon. Whilst the gave Tumult the season she was currently in, she took note of the rate of growth of moss on her household to judge specifically how long she'd been "busy" - she set it at around two months.

"Two months, huh?" she muttered to nopony in particular. Not bad, considering some of her longest stints of time she'd spent locked up in doors... the important thing, though, was that she had found something interesting enough to pull herself out of self-alienation: The Elements of Harmony.

But, first things first, she needed to head to the post office. Undoubtedly Tumult's parents had sent her the usual array of items that they knew their daughter would be too "busy" to get. So, without a moment's hesitation, Tumult trotted down the path into the centre of Ponyville, pulling her bowler hat over her ear in an attempt to drown out the noise. She'd be sociable later...when talking to somepony wouldn't be so excruciatingly painful.

Mallow sat in the post office, not bored, but at ease, he suddenly heard a voice echo through the copper pipe.

"Hey...Erm Mallow! Im heading out for lunch now, Ok? If anypony comes in just walk through that door there and meet them at the service window!"

*Mallow panicked, he didn't want to be left alone but at the same time was to shy to speak up*

"Ok...Im going now

Miles walked out of the back door, a heavy thud could be heard as the old wooden door shut, just like the door Mallow felt a heavy THUD as his heart skipped several thousand beats!

What would he do if another pony came in? He could hide? No thats not what a Post Pony would do, filled with a forced confidence Mallow tip-hoofed into the service room. It was surprisingly neat, with several packages and letters ready to be collected by several Ponies. Mallow wondered why they were not being hand delivered, then he remembered that currently the Post Office technically only had 1 employee, and he didn't look to fast to say the least.

*Mallow casually shuffled around the room and inspected the ins and outs of the service room*

Mallow had only seen glimpses of the Clousdale one and couldn't make out to many differences. Deciding everything to be in its correct place, Mallow gingerly sat down at the unoccupied service window

They were both empty but Miles' window was filled with miscellaneous junk from his years (Mallow assumed years at the piles...No mountains of random goods under and on top of the desk)

*Sitting down Mallow felt slightly happy to have his own window, maybe he would eventually have as much...memories? As Miles did*

" Haha Im sure no pony will even come to the post office!"

Mallow said without an ounce of confidence in his words

" Awh...But Iv got a bad feeling somepony will, Im usually right too"

Mallow cried with distress

A single tear rolled down his cheek

"Maybe...*Sniff*...They will be nice to me

Mallow sat up straight and put on a brave face as he brushed the crystal tear from his rosy cheeks and prepared for the battle ahead!

Multipis found it really hard to open his eyes this morning as the light shown through the window. His head felt thick and his nose was stuffed, plus his body was numb all over. His eyes began to crack open making the suns beams land on his face. he groaned in displeasure and rolled over to become face to face with the beautiful purple mare that meant most to him in the world.
A small smile etched Multipis face as he laid eyes on her.

Michaela...

He tried to lift his hoof to brush some of her hair but found it extremely hard.

Ugh.... Why is this so hard? He slowly brought his hoof to his forehead and felt it was fire hot.

Fever... Great I got a cold... he looked back at Michaelas beautiful face. Then he realized:

... CRAP I COULD BE MAKING HER SICK!!!!

He quickly rolled over in the bed and fell out landing on the floor in a thud right on his chest making him release a stream of rather loud coughs. He rubbed his neck after.

"Ow..."

Solo-Wing:

ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

*Thud*

Eh?

*cough cough*

At this point; she rolls over to see what he's done this time.

"You really are a clutz, aren't you?"

*cough*

"But you are my clutz after all. Also are you alright? That fall and those coughs don't sound too good"

Urgh76:
"But you are my clutz after all. Also are you alright? That fall and those coughs don't sound too good"

The coughing finally died down and Multipi looked up to his loves worried face.

"I... I don't feel good..."

He began to cough again. He then closed his eyes while on the floor and groaned as he attempted to get up. When he was on all fours he quickly collapsed on the bed next to Micheala and began to shiver from a sudden case of the chills.

Flippincrazy:
Words

*After about an hour or two chatting up the residents of ponyville, Golden Quill had given up on small talk keeping him away from his job, surely the girl at the post office, who he'd learned was named Derpy, had clocked out and been replaced with a more competent employee by now. If he didn't get it in the mail today, he'd be carrying the package by hand tomorrow, a task that was right up there with getting mauled by a bear and setting himself on fire on his list of thing he would like to do. Deadlines, what can you do?

With any luck, he'd be able to get somepony who knew what they were doing and relieve him of that responsibility. However, he found that he was gonna be a little side-tracked when out of the corner of his eye, he noticed a familiar white pony with a a bowler hat perched conspicuously around her forehead. Tumult was the resident magical scholar of ponyville, whose skills rivaled that of Twilight Sparkle. When Quill could get a hold of her, she'd always provided some insight into the world of magic. He'd asked several times to interview her in the past, but she'd either outright decline or become "Far too busy" at the last minute. Nevertheless, Golden Quill never missed out on a chance to speak with her.*

"Smile!" *He flashed a quick photo as his infamous greeting. Nothing says "Hello" quite like a blinding flash bulb to the face.* "Wow, it's been quite a while since I last saw ya. You been cookin' up some new magical experiments, or just been dodging the paparazzi?" He asked jokingly as the blinding light faded from the eyes of his acquaintance as well as anyone who was standing in the general area.

Solo-Wing:

Urgh76:

The coughing finally died down and Multipi looked up to his loves worried face.

"I... I don't feel good..."

He began to cough again. He then closed his eyes while on the floor and groaned as he attempted to get up. When he was on all fours he quickly collapsed on the bed next to Micheala and began to shiver from a sudden case of the chills.

*yawn*

"Come on then" Michaela says as she gets down from the bed and lifts Multipi in her place.

"You're sick, and that's all there is to it. Alright? Nothing but bedrest for you today."

She looks off

"I have to pick up some things today though; so I'll ask Tia to watch you before I go"

She looks back and nuzzles him.

"But I'll still be here as long as I can be"

Iconsting:
Moar words!

The first day outside was always the worst, Tumult thought grimly. Not only were her eyes ultra-sensitive to light, what with her being cooped up inside her heavily curtained house for such a long period of time, but her rather excessive use of "thinking juice" (alcohol) always came back to bite her on the flank. But, hopefully she could make it to the post office unhindered, collect her mail, and be back at home within the hour... in her current state, no amount of eagerness was going to compel her to carry out research today...

Discerning one set of hoof-steps among others was a relatively easy art that Tumult often used, to the extent that she could do such a thing whilst thoroughly hung-over and with the presence of a lot of background noise. Take the Pegasus who was currently about to intercept her. His hoof-steps were light and the slightest bit clumsier than one might expect from your humble Earth or Unicorn pony, so Tumult could conclude that this pony was in fact a Pegasus. This Pegasus, however, did walk with confidence - which suggests he (the Pegasus was definitely a "he") spent a lot of time on the ground. Now, combining this Pegasus' rapid hoof steps with the fact that he appeared to be on an intercept course, Tumult could assume he was heading specifically toward her, which means that even after such a large lapse in time this Pegasus recognised her...and all of this in combination with the speed of his hoof-steps gave Tumult a somewhat probably conclusion on who this Pegasi was.

Tumult groaned, paparazzi were so annoying, but they were better confronted than ignored. But at least this Pegasus was the good sort, from the little she had read of his stories they seemed to be far less "tabloid" and far more "informative". She turned to face the oncoming Pegasus... and inwardly cursed as she remembered the key instrument a "good" journalist always carried with them.

"Smile!" GoldenQuill exclaimed cheerfully, not giving any time for Tumult to cover her eyes from the blinding flash of light that instantly followed. To put it lightly...Tumult was a little dazed by this. Momentarily blinded by the light and the migraine that soon followed, it was a wonder she could even make out what GoldenQuill then said. "Wow, it's been quite a while since I last saw ya. You been cookin' up some new magical experiments, or just been dodging the paparazzi?"

Eventually recovering, Tumult gave GoldenQuill a less-than-happy look in thanks for the unwanted wake-up call, but knew that evading him would prove too difficult for her to bother. Not that she'd let him interfere with her schedule, she kept walking over towards the post office with him following close behind, but decided to humour him with some partially true facts.

"Still been bothering helpless young mares with your inane questions, Goldilocks?" she sarcastically replied. She wasn't above name-calling, some may call it childish but she preferred to think of it as both a satisfying and effective way of annoying somepony who's bothering you. But with Quill, it was mostly for the satisfaction - he was too "good" a journalist to be effected by such a thing."Look, if you want a date you can just ask. Honestly, it's embarrassing having you trailing after me like this; certain ponies might start spreading rumours," She finished, looking pointedly at him.

Oh sarcasm, Tumult thought briefly, I owe so much to you. Personally, she thought that the whole "spreading rumours" jibe had been the better part, from the little she knew and the lots she could deduce about GoldenQuill's personality, he'd take the most offence at her implying that he'd spread unsubstantiated rumours.

"Do you like winter, Angel?"

Fluttershy stares at her window, the snow never seems to stop. She's on her cottage, and she hasn't really left ever since winter began. All the animals were hybernating... the only one that still amazingly was still awake was Angel. Maybe because he likes Fluttershy too much to leave her alone. Maybe he doesn't feel like sleeping. Maybe he hasn't finished his lunch yet. Either way, he was standing there, leaning against the window, looking outside... besides him, a dreamy Fluttershy... a sad Fluttershy... a lonely Fluttershy...

"I mean, it's pretty... and chilly... I like chilly... but all my furry little friends are sleeping, and I really haven't gotten out for... um... kind of a long time... "

She sighs once again, smiling slightly as she sees Angel tap his tiny little feet on the window, as if telling Winter to hurry up. She giggles, nuzzling against her rabbit friend. Angel seems all the more annoyed by this, trying desperatly to get out.

"Oh, I'm sorry... hey, are you hungry? I think I still have some carrots left!"

Fluttershy gets off the small circular window from above her downstairs bed, and trots to her kitchen. Angel drops from it as well, following Fluttershy with his arms crossed.

gabmed:
Snippity snip

Lionheart -
As he spiralled up into the sky, Lionheart smiled; this was going to be a cinch. If some cocky mare can execute one of these, somepony as awesome as him will find it easy. Right then, he thought, let's do this thing. Executing a neat little somersault, he delivered a powerful beat from his wings and sent his body hurtling down towards the ground, a cocky grin planted firmly on the Pegasus' face. No more envy, no more jealousy - he knew he was as good as that Pegasus, and today was the day that he proved it! His speed increased dramatically, the sheer power of the air resistance pulled at every part of his body. Lionheart folded his wings in, further increasing his momentum.

Come on... come on... faster! He wanted the sky to light up like an inferno when he breaks that flimsy sound barrier. Mind threatening to black out due to the sheer pressure of the forces being exerted on his body, it was through nothing but pure, unbridled determination that he stayed conscious.. Hah! Lionheart thought ecstatically, I'm almost there, so damn close!

...That's about when he realised that he was now only fifty metres from the ground. Balls! Using his fast reactions, Lionheart swiftly spread out both wings in order to change the angle of his descent. Lionheart was no stranger to being put through pain thanks to the stupid (he'd used the term "awesome") stunts that he liked to pull off, but this... this hurt more than all of those other times combined. It felt like his wings were going to be ripped off! Thankfully, his well trained muscles held firm, and he manage to rather stylishly change his angle by ninety degrees, so that he glided just above the grassland... that was close...but the rush that accompanied such a near death experience sure as hell gave him a rush!

Continuing at some speed just above the snow-coated grassland surrounding Ponyville, Lionheart wasted no time in congratulating himself for his awesome flying - even if he didn't do that sonic rainboom thing, he could now simply put it down to the fact that he miscalculated how high he needed to be, as far as Lionheart was concerned that sort of thing happens to the best of Pegasi (as proved by the fact that he had just done it). Plus, he'd like to see anypony else have quick enough reactions to avoid crashing into the ground like he just did. Huh, Lionheart thought, briskly brought out of his self-gloating as he noticed that the snowy grassland was petering out. Lionheart looked up. WHO PUT THAT HOUSE THERE?!

"INCOMING!!!" Lionheart managed to blurt out before he collided into the small cottage. By some bizarre and lucky twist of fate, he crashed through a glass window as opposed to a hard wooden wall, and extra stopping distance that this provided helped him slow down enough to lessen the impact when he collided with one of the interior walls. Not that crashing into an oak wall didn't hurt...needless to say, for the moment at least, the collision had knocked the breath and the cockiness out of him!

He ended up lying in a bruised sprawl in the kitchen of somepony he didn't know, gasping for breath and generally unaware of his surroundings. Hell, he didn't even notice the shocked pink-haired Pegasus and her annoyed rabbit companion!

Flippincrazy:
**Snip**

It seems like Fluttershy's hope for having something to do that afternoon just happened to crash through her window, collapsing inside her kitchen. It all happened to fast, and Fluttershy could only shout as high as she could and hide under the kitchen sink for minutes. Angel stood there, facepawing at both pegasus' situations.

Fluttershy was shivering, was scared, was petrified. But it all went away when she noticed... the pegasus was hurting! She took a few seconds, but she shook away her fears. She rushed to the pegasus, lying down. She was still speechless, even more now that she was inspecting him up close.

"O-o-o-o-oh... m-m-m-my... U-u-um... J-j-j-ust... h-hang o-o-on!"

Fluttershy put her head under his hooves, and tried her best to lift the big pegasus. She was too weak for that, so she had to quickly let go, unless she had any intentions of being smashed. She started trotting back and forth, nervously.

"Oh no, oh no, oh no, oh no... Angel, what will I do??!!"

The rabbit couldn't care less. He was eating his carrot with a smile on his face, as if laughing of this situation. He really couldn't care less.

Fluttershy thougth and thougth... she could send him to the nurse pony... but he wouldn't make it! She's not used to dealing with ponies! Only small animals! But she DID have medical supplies for that!

Without a second thougth in her mind, she bit the pegasus' tail, and started pulling it... out of the kitchen, to the small oval bed she was standing on earlier. She put him there, before rushing in the kitchen again, to get the medical kit. She came back, and meeped a little. The pegasus was conscious, but barely moving. He was hurting bad, but didn't want to scream, for some reason. She took a deep breath.

Flippincrazy:
A truckload of words.

Golden Quill couldn't help but chuckle at the comment about Goldilocks. It was always amusing to hear Tumult, who was capable of cutting somepony down with every flaw and insecurity they've got resort to blatant name-calling. It made him feel as though he had either shown excessive amounts of good qualities or not shown anything bad to springboard off of. The 'inane questions' bit was the best part, knowing well enough that anypony who printed stories he hasn't asked enough questions about wouldn't be doing his job right.

"As a matter of fact, I am. I also still look gorgeous doing it. Still downing bottles of paint remover lightly seasoned with hops and barley?"

Okay, so resorting to jokes about her 'thinking juice' was just as much a low-blow, but he couldn't resist letting a rebuttal like that slip by. At this point in time, she was picking up the pace, eyeing the post office as a sort of safe haven away from Quill and his intrusive behavior. However, this put the egg on her face as Golden Quill happened to have business there as well. She'd noticed this and continued her assault on his reputation, another laughably desperate endeavor.

"A date huh? Your words babe, not mine." He plastered his face with his trademark grin. Did she honestly just try to imply that he, the most reliable journalist on Foal Street's roster was going to spread mere rumors? He knew this was a hoax, but why not play along and see what happens? "Oh yes darling, could you imagine how many hearts would break if the women of Ponyville discovered that my heart had been stolen by the likes of you? That aside, you and I both know I've asked you plenty of times, most of which you said yes to. If only you weren't so busy standing me up, perhaps that encounter may become a reality."

Tumult should have known he was gonna go there. If somepony tried to slander Golden Quill with petty accusations, he'd be ready to fire back with some equally degrading truth.

gabmed:
Snip

Lionheart wasn't completely aware of what was going on; ironically enough a pony he usually charges head first into situations had done so literally in this case, and thus he was more than a little dazed. By the time Fluttershy had dragged him over to the small oval bed and departed to fetch the medical kit, he was gradually beginning to recover slightly, in so far as now he could think straight.

"Ouch..." he muttered through gritted teeth, trying to remember exactly what had happened. When he did however, he instantly regretted it. He hadn't really just crashed into someponies house because he wasn't looking where he was going, had he? No. Of course he didn't. Lionheart was the best and most awesome flyer there was, there was no way that he could make such a stupid mistake as that. "Nope...never happened," he reassured himself, resting his aching head against a pillow.

Wait...a pillow? This sudden realisation caused him to begin to check out where he had actually ended up. He was...in a bedroom? Huh, Lionheart could have sworn he had ended up in what looked like a kitchen, how'd he get up here?

His answer came in the form of a concerned-looking, yellow skinned, pink haired Pegasus who had just entered the room carrying what looked like a small medical kit in her mouth. Three emotions suddenly swarmed through his mind: gratitude, annoyance and embarrassment. Sure, in an ideal world gratitude would have been the dominant of these emotions, and Lionheart would have taken great pleasure in being a nice enough pony to ignore the other two. But, embarrassment definitely won out - what if this Pegasus told somepony what she thought she had saw, his reputation would be ruined! (or at least, his perceived reputation would be)

Lionheart instantly sprang up onto to the bed, wincing as his head and body protested with new waves of pain. Once these had mostly subsided, he began to eye this Pegasus carefully, becoming quite defensive.

"Let's...ow...get one thing straight, alright? Me crashing into your window - it...argh...didn't happen...understand?" Gratitude could come later, Lionheart's pride always came before being a nice pony...even if that was what he was supposed to be correcting.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked