Welcome to Sburb! A Homestuck RPG (Closed, Dead)

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Hello fellow Escapists! Well, I'm sitting around, bored, and waiting for a new update of my favorite webcomic, Homestuck. Suddenly, I got an idea: Why not create my own version of Homestuck?

Basically, this will be an RP version of Andrew Hussie's webcomic, one where we will be the players. Prepare to enter the Medium, defeat fearsome foes, and unravel the mystery of the Ultimate Riddle!

While it would probably be a good idea to be aware of Homestuck's general premise, I won't be connecting to the main story at all. This will be an entirely separate session, one which we will create. So, here's a brief rundown:

(Note: If you have not read Homestuck, this will have massive spoilers. You have been warned.)

Right now, I'm looking for 6-8 players to do this with. Once I get that many, I'll begin explaining the rules of the RP. For now, however, I just need a character sheet.

I know it's a pretty basic sheet, but it's all I really need now. If there's anything you need clarification on, let me know and I'll help in whatever way I can.

If you're interested in this, or have any questions, feel free to reply or PM me. I'm happy to help.

CJ1145:

Okay, sounds pretty good so far. Martial artist otakus are always fun.

Also, if you end up creating a Kamina-sprite, that will pretty much be the greatest thing ever. Of all time. Just saying.

I was having a hard time with all the WEIRD PUZZLE SHIT so I'm not too caught up on recent occurings in Homestuck, but I'll be damned if I pass this up. I'll write up a sheet pretty quick.

Alright, looking good Benndak. Like the character quirks, should be fun.

Quick question: If Chas is skilled with silverware and appliances, but can't cook, what exactly does he use them for?

@ Connor Lonske

Okay, sounds pretty good. Can't wait to see where you take this.

@ Everyone
We're actually getting members a lot quicker then I thought we would. So, might as well bring up the next couple steps.

Before we can start, I need two more rather important character components, namely their Strife Specibus and their guardian. Obviously, the Specibus could be pretty much anything, from weapons to stuffed animals. Just make sure it's something you'll have fun with. As for the guardian, since I'll be the one playing them, you don't have to develop them too much. I really just need their relationship with your character, and maybe one or two interests to help develop them.

Finally, I'd like to hear which heroic role you'd like your character to fulfill. We'll be having heroes of Breath, Light, Time, Space, Mind, Hope, Heart, and Life. Please PM me your choice.

One more thing: While you're more than welcome to have some kind of wacky inventory system, I will not be doing any shenanigans related to that sort of thing. At all. It kind of annoys me. Typing quirks/pesterchums are also optional.

Edit: I just realized that I completely failed to explain what either the Strife Specibus or a guardian is. My bad.

Essentialy the Specibus defines what types of weapons your character can wield. For example, the blade-kind Specibus would allow the character to use swords, knives, etc. The gun-kind would allow for pistols, rifles, LMGs, whatever.

Your character's guardian is the person/thing that's helped raise them. Could be anyone from a parent to an older sibling, to a pet. Just something that has had some influence on your character, as well as helped protect them (The whole "Guard" part is quite important.)

Again, I apologize for the earlier lack of explanation. Hope that's a bit better.

Chas utilizes his encyclopaedic knowledge of silverware and appliances for WACKY ANTICS AND SHIT, I don't know. Anyway, my STRIFE SPECIBUS is already set to FORKKIND, and I'll PM you the Guardian stuff and my role choice in a moment. And then maybe I can fill out that personality box!

Okay, sounds good.

Double post fail.

Sounds fun very fun.

How's that?
I'll be sending you the extra information.

I hope that is ok as this is the first time I have written one of these and I haven't RPed in ages but I like Homestuck so I figured I'd give it a shot :P

Thanks for the help on the spoiler bit :)

Nitemare, I like the character. Sounds good so far. Can you do me a favor, and PM me some of your guardian's traits/interests, so I can develop her a bit more? Would also like to hear which heroic role you're interested in.

And no worries about the lack of RPing lately; I'm sure you'll do great :)

Also, to put something in spoilers, use these tags: [spoiler=name of spoiler] *insert content here* [//spoiler], except only use one / instead of two. I hope that makes sense.

Yep, no worries.

I hope this is okay. I can send you the guardian traits and such.

Yes, please do that. Also, headphonekind? I have not ever heard of using headphones as a weapon, but that sounds awesome...

Wow. 6 characters already. Did not think it would go this fast.

Like I said in my first post, I was looking for a minimum of 6, so once everyone gets their stuff all sorted out... We. Can. Start. This. Shit.

Of course, it'll probably take a couple days to get everything set up, so there is still time for people to join. Here's hoping we can get a couple more.

I give Dirk's chumhandle a disconcerted ogle.

So so far there's only one girl?

Yep, only one girl so far.

Okay, so we've got heroes of Light, Time, Space, and Heart chosen. That leaves Mind, Hope, Breath, and Life up for grabs. (Yeah, I switched out Rage for Hope when I realized no one probably wanted to go crazy and kill half the team.)

CJ, your guardian sounds good. Thank you for including some conflict with your character, that's exactly what I'm looking for. Also, as for your strife Specibus, by selfkind I take it you mean martial arts? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Yep, selfkind would be martial arts. I was trying to think of something like handkind or footkind, but that was too specific and not nearly silly enough.

>Waffles: Respond Appropriately
Yes! YES! You have waited a long time for this!
You would like to reserve a place, it would greatly appreciated.

CJ1145:
Yep, selfkind would be martial arts. I was trying to think of something like handkind or footkind, but that was too specific and not nearly silly enough.

Well, if there's one thing Homestuck is, it's not specific and silly. Wait, that's two things. Whatever.

PT: Show approval.

Okay, spot is currently reserved.

Gosh darn it,we did this! The Gms took months to plan it! And it's already collapsing! Then this happened! Darn it darn it darn it...
But yeah, that RP is still running. At least wait until we're dead. Which will be soon, as we're down 4 players.

SamuelT:
*snip*

Sir Strange Of The House Lycan:
*snip*

First, sorry to SameulT and Sir Strange. I swear I'm not trying to steal your thunder or players. I actually noticed your RP when I was looking up Homestuck on the Escapist, but when I saw that it had been running for a while, I didn't pay that much attention to it. I had no idea that you guys were having troubles. Sorry, there's nothing worse than players leaving in the middle of an RP, especially when other people still want to go on.

Second, while I again feel for you, I don't see why we can't go ahead and do our own RP of Homestuck. It's a pretty popular webcomic, and I've personally wanted to do an RP version of it for a while. Is there any reason two of these can't be going at the same time? If there is, please let me know and I'll postpone this.

Thanks, Pappytech.

Pappytech:

SamuelT:
*snip*

Sir Strange Of The House Lycan:
*snip*

First, sorry to SameulT and Sir Strange. I swear I'm not trying to steal your thunder or players. I actually noticed your RP when I was looking up Homestuck on the Escapist, but when I saw that it had been running for a while, I didn't pay that much attention to it. I had no idea that you guys were having troubles. Sorry, there's nothing worse than players leaving in the middle of an RP, especially when other people still want to go on.

Second, while I again feel for you, I don't see why we can't go ahead and do our own RP of Homestuck. It's a pretty popular webcomic, and I've personally wanted to do an RP version of it for a while. Is there any reason two of these can't be going at the same time? If there is, please let me know and I'll postpone this.

Thanks, Pappytech.

Oh hell dude, I wasn't trying to say you should quit or anything, I was just trying to get ours a little bit of attention. ;)

I don't mind you doing this, though I have no say on what the other players, or GM's might think.

SamuelT:

Oh hell dude, I wasn't trying to say you should quit or anything, I was just trying to get ours a little bit of attention. ;)

I don't mind you doing this, though I have no say on what the other players, or GM's might think.

A classic case of miscommunication. :)

Sorry for the confusion, but with the combination of your link and Sir Strange's post, it sounded like you were accusing me of stealing your idea. I hope your RP picks back up.

Me and Pappy have been talking, and I asked him if sprites were OK, he said yes under the condition that I say it wasn't his idea. I am now saying it was completly his idea, and he is a idea stealer(Sarcasm, oh I love you)

So anyways, here is a template sheet that Sam used for her thread,

and here is my submission:

And just to restate this again, this was my idea, not Pappytech's.

Edit:Look down for a better sheet cool guys!

Connor.... Your character will have a long, painful death, this I promise you. Okay not really.

Personally, I think this is a fun idea, but I was a bit reluctant to post it due to Sir Strange's
rather harsh reaction to this thread. But, already posted, so here goes.

Giving credit where credit is due, this sprite stuff was found in the link posted by SamuelT above. It's in the first post, made by Sam G. It also appears to be the work of user Anti2 from majhost.com. So, thank you SamuelT for the link, thank you Sam G for the original post, and thank you Anti2 for the actual image.

And now that I've given credit, no one can accuse me of plagiarism. Success.

Also, found a more updated version of this on Anti2's profile. here we go:

Anyway, here's where we are now: I've got all the information I need from Connor Lonske, CJ1145, avoulence2nd, Nitemare18, and Benndak.

@senorcromas, still waiting for you to get back to me on your heroic role and guardian.

@WafflesandBacon, well, kind of need everything whenever you've got it.

Sorry to hear about the other Homestuck RP. I've had some GMing experience (not on Escapist, that is) with people dropping out and it's really maddening at times - particularly when you plan up a universe and an extensive plotline.

Anyway, on a lighter note, we should really use that Pesterchum client that's available on the MSPA forums. I've been around there for a while logging onto general chat to subdue my insomnia at 1 AM, and it'd be a pretty damn nice tool. My chumhandle's the same as it is here, snickeringSurrogate.

This is the newest version.

Update: Good to go with senorcroma's stuff. Waffles, good character, just let me know what heroic role you want (We've got breath and life left) and some of your guardian's quirks.

Thanks to Benndak for posting the Pesterchum client; looks like a fun tool. I've gone ahead and set up a chumhandle, bizarreEngineer. Go ahead and add me.

LA: Will do, Pappy.

And now, BEHOLD MY SPRITE!
...I am NOTORIOUSLY BAD at MS PAINT.

Hey, you've only got to make one. I need to do 7 guardians, 7 sprites, and a lot of npcs. Oh well, at least I've got time.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked