Wolves and Warlocks (Open RP)

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 15 NEXT

So I need a better title for this but oh well. If this gets big enough I'll start a wiki for it

RP HAS STARTED BUT IS STILL OPEN FOR JOINING

Plot:

Races

Religions

Magic

Overall
If you don't want to read all the small details. Here's the overlook on all the species

Humans: Most technologically advanced, most diversity, Medium strength, weakest magical talent, medium speed, Fair government, bigger cities

Fallen: Medium technology use, medium magical talent, Weakest bone structures, Ability to fly, highest speed (when flying. On foot, they are slower than Wolven), strict government, smaller cities

Wolven: No technology, highest magical talent, Strongest, medium speed, Does not have one, all deciding government, live in packs

To join in:
give me a short description of looks, personality, race and history. Then feel free to rp. Just don't god mod

If you want a character template:

Current Characters:

HUMANS

Sunny

FALLEN

Ark

Kayne

\

WOLVEN PACKS

Hume

Well can you give some more description on magic, technology, weaponry, culture? What does modern technology with a medieval mindset mean? I would just like some more concrete info.

I think he means that they have things like Ipads and stuff like that but they still have asuperstitious attitude and violent, "The strong rule" thinking process (that's what i think anyways).

Either way, i'm in. I'll post my sheet up later.

figment of mind:
I think he means that they have things like Ipads and stuff like that but they still have asuperstitious attitude and violent, "The strong rule" thinking process (that's what i think anyways).

Either way, i'm in. I'll post my sheet up later.

Okay, that makes sense. I'm putting my hand in also. I'll have a sheet up later.

Characters Continued

Humans

Peter

Sacri

Fallen

Ezekiel

Sev

Wolven

P0RTAL:

Thanks, I put up more details (so, so many details). I originally was going to give them some really advanced tech but I toned it down just a bit to even out the score. because if humans could master magic and super cool technology than the Wolven would basically be extinct by now.

Also, do any of you know how to put up those Spoiler tag things except they don't say Spoiler on them? It would be nice to not have a foot long post up front

{spoiler= Name of what you want the spoiler to be}
TEXT
{/spoiler}

Except with [] instead of {}.

Also seems like an interesting rp so I might put down a sheet later. I've got a question about the wolves race, would they be able to transform their body so that it more resembled a human? Also, are the fallen able to fly for long periods of time or is it more likely to allow them to glide?

pyroguy86:

P0RTAL:

Thanks, I put up more details (so, so many details). I originally was going to give them some really advanced tech but I toned it down just a bit to even out the score. because if humans could master magic and super cool technology than the Wolven would basically be extinct by now.

Also, do any of you know how to put up those Spoiler tag things except they don't say Spoiler on them? It would be nice to not have a foot long post up front

{spoiler= Name of what you want the spoiler to be}
TEXT
{/spoiler}

Except with [] instead of {}.

Also seems like an interesting rp so I might put down a sheet later. I've got a question about the wolves race, would they be able to transform their body so that it more resembled a human? Also, are the fallen able to fly for long periods of time or is it more likely to allow them to glide?

Hmm so maybe my computer just can't do that. Oh well I'll deal

As for the Wolven I did consider making them werewolves but I think if I did that then they'd become overpowered (since they can naturally use magic more effectively than any other species, are already pretty strong and fast and if they could shift into humanoid forms then they could use weapons too and it would get a bit too much) However, maybe more experienced Wolven could master shapeshifting magic for limited periods of time.

As for the Fallen, they can fly for pretty long periods of time. They have really light frames that let them do this and strong wings. However the more weapons, clothes, armor, ect you put on them, the amount of time they can fly and how high they fly, dimishes

Hmm... alright I'll put out a sheet later tonight in this same post.

ok I put up another update on the first post. If you're having trouble deciding what race is best, look at the Overall section at the bottom. It compares all the species with their strengths, weaknesses and ect if you don't want to read through everything

Edit: Crap, wasn't quick enough. Ignore this.

Interesting... Can we invent some of the lore as we go along?

Also, can we have templates for out sheets please?

Oops, double post...

I know I took a few liberties with magic but what do you think?

ThreeWords:
Interesting... Can we invent some of the lore as we go along?

Also, can we have templates for out sheets please?

Sure, this is a very open rp and I kept descriptions pretty loose just for that purpose :D

Sure if you want I'll start working on a template to put out on the first post

Edit: Ok. There is now a very basic template. I might make it a bit nicer later on

avouleance2nd:

I know I took a few liberties with magic but what do you think?

Thats just fine. I love that she has her own style of magic instead of just typical shooting fireballs out of your hands. She kind of reminds me of a necromancer in a way

Sheet redone to fit template.
Also suggestion for new section (see *)

I'm sold.

Too much? not good? i'm willing to redo the entire thing from scratch if you want me to.

also what type of tech are we talking about? modern city style or pre 1900's type stuff?

mcpop9:
I'm sold.

Too much? not good? i'm willing to redo the entire thing from scratch if you want me to.

also what type of tech are we talking about? modern city style or pre 1900's type stuff?

WIZZARD DULE!!!
(has to happen at some point)

Also what exactly do you mean by shadow magic? I always found it a bit vague myself as to how exactly the Absence of light is supposed to be a weapon.

avouleance2nd:

mcpop9:
snippy

WIZZARD DULE!!!
(has to happen at some point)

Also what exactly do you mean by shadow magic? I always found it a bit vague myself as to how exactly the Absence of light is supposed to be a weapon.

Dark magic = stereo typical dark magic.
Shadow magic=useless in direct light but when shadows exist, they can be manipulated, be it as portals for travel or as physical objects. it deteriorates as light hits it, weakening the farther it comes from the source.

mcpop9:

Snip

Thanks for clearing that up. What do you think of my character?

ec

mcpop9:
I'm sold.

I like it :) As for the tech it's sort of in between. Since its an alternate reality world their progression of inventions turned out a bit differently. They have a lot of modern practical appliances you'd find around a modern house (refridgerators, ovens, sinks, toasters, electric lights) and they do have guns. They don't have much in the way of entertainment and communications though (TV's, cellphones, ect) Also they don't have advanced bombs like atomic bombs and whatnot. Guns are pretty advanced but also expensive so a lot of people use knives, swords, magic, ect

avouleance2nd:
snippyity snip snip

Pretty good, i sense a slight influence of lorronix.

mcpop9:

avouleance2nd:
snippyity snip snip

Where exactly do you see the infulence?

avouleance2nd:

mcpop9:

avouleance2nd:
snippyity snip snip

more or less the isolation and being unable to relate to the society because she is not one of their species.

P0RTAL:

I like it :) As for the tech it's sort of in between. Since its an alternate reality world their progression of inventions turned out a bit differently. They have a lot of modern practical appliances you'd find around a modern house (refridgerators, ovens, sinks, toasters, electric lights) and they do have guns. They don't have much in the way of entertainment and communications though (TV's, cellphones, ect) Also they don't have advanced bombs like atomic bombs and whatnot. Guns are pretty advanced but also expensive so a lot of people use knives, swords, magic, ect

would they have things like clubs with rave music? if so then i need to edit my character a bit.

mcpop9:

avouleance2nd:

mcpop9:

more or less the isolation and being unable to relate to the society because she is not one of their species.

P0RTAL:

would they have things like clubs with rave music? if so then i need to edit my character a bit.

I suppose they would have that kind of stuff in the Human cities mostly

P0RTAL:

I suppose they would have that kind of stuff in the Human cities mostly

Edited and reposted here

Hmm I added Seraphina but I might have to add a Wolven character later.
Also I really wish I was a better artist so I could put down some concept art for what the Wolven look like. I imagine them somewhat like this:
http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs46/i/2009/217/4/0/Tree_by_Ash_Dragon_wolf.png
except with fiercer looking features. Shining, almost metallic fur, well muscled, long dragonish looking tail, sharp teeth, ect ect. So basically nothing like that

Hope this is good.

Also, how long do Wolven live for? do they live as long as humans or wolves? Are they inbetween?

figment of mind:

Hope this is good.

Also, how long do Wolven live for? do they live as long as humans or wolves? Are they inbetween?

Yay for Wolven! Anyway, most Wolven live as long as Humans and Fallen. They probably mature a bit faster though

P0RTAL:

figment of mind:

Hope this is good.

Yay for Wolven! Anyway, most Wolven live as long as Humans and Fallen. They probably mature a bit faster though

Alright. I think i'll add a few more years to him though, just to be sure.

Edit: nevermind.

Ok so I'm going to open up rp now. People can still join later on if they wish but I figure we should get things going to keep your interest

Can I be in?

crewman_number_6:
Can I be in?

Nice! I like the cool plague magic. I'll add him

crewman_number_6:
Can I be in?

Huh, When I try to put your description up there, the Wolven dissappear. I think i've run out of room. I'll try to find a way to put it somewhere

Edit: Fixed it. it's just like four posts down

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 15 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked