Shadows of the Universe (Sci-fi Action RP)(Started)(Closed)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 NEXT

"I've had field surgery done on me before Doc. I'd still like this bullet out of my shoulder so I can actually fire at them with some effectiveness again."

Damien chuckled. "Not like this one, you haven't." He then hissed as James' head moved. "Don't talk, dammit! It doesn't matter if you can shoot, you still have a concussion. Gimme a minute..." Damien created fast acting stem cells under his skin. Damien stabbed himself with a second knife, drawing the stem cells out. They quickly began to mature as Damien applied them to the skull, coating the cracks as it became part of James. Damien then folded the skin over the incision, marvelling at his geneti ability as his cells began to heal the cut. Damien pulled out a pair of forceps and went to work on James' arm, removing the bullet slowly so as to not rupture any arteries. With the slug out of the way, Damien matched the composition of his cells to the ones mentioned on James' profile sheet. Cutting this off, Damien quickly placed it over the bullet wounds. With a dab of bio-gel, the skin melded into James' own, a perfect match. James was as if he had never been injured as Damien put the soldier's armor back on. "There you go, good as new. Care for a shot of adrenaline?" Damien asked as he checked his surrounding with his contacts, noting a soldier taking aim over the crate at Damien and James. "I warned you!" Damien yelled as he pulled the trigger. Damnation fired, and to the soldier who was unlucky enough to be in the way, Damnation it brought. Damien brought the weapon closer to himself, ready to fire again if necessary. He was very protective of his patients.

"I could use an extra pistol mag if you've got one, I dropped mine in a blind run to get away from the team they sent down after me." James spoke in a thankful tone, while setting up a comm wire he kept around so that he'd regain comms ability

"I didn't have many to begin with, I had to steal this weapon."

Camilla wasn't modded to be fast, and the armour didn't help. As her team mates leapt into action, she sighed to herself, feeling like some sort of bloated brute as she lumbered into action. This did not, of course, interrupt her almost subconscious combat routines.

She raised her weapon, and shot with careful abandon. Only a single shot found it's mark, but the burst scattered a group, saving medic and his patient from a group assault

Their foes were still moving in groups. Stupid; they were facing several heavy weapons, of which her railgun was by no means the least.

At her thought, her body-armour rippled, sliding plates reconnecting at the shoulder to form the huge cannon. She knelt, setting down her rifle and taking the vast weapon in both hands.

A pity that these men have to die, she reflected. We don't even know why they are fighting us. I don't even know why our commander want's them dead.

The railgun roared, three men were torn to pieces. They screamed as they fell, save for the one who had no neck.

Questions will be asked.

Damien nodded as he slid over an extra pistol mag. "Sorry, this is all I've got. I was planning on grabbing more ammo in the station, but it seems those plans will have to be put on hold- oh shit!" Damien ducked down as shotgun blasts targeted where his head used to be. Even with all his healing ability, if he lost his head, he would lose his life, and consequentially, many more. Several high-caliber gatling gun bullets rocketed over his head, targeting the ones firing at Damien and James. Damien offered a shaky thumbs to Camilla. "Thanks for the save, Camilla." Damien spoke over the comms. He then opened to a wider frequency band, to the entire WINGS team. "Hey, Sgt. Lier here. Can any of you guys give me a quick body count? Are any o you injured?"

"Aside from the high level of anger that I am going through now I am fine." Jason spoke into the radio trying to calm himself down. Jason looked over to the rest of the squad and noted that they were uninjured. "The rest of the squad is fine. We have about eight more enemies out there so just hold tight for now and don't do anything stupid." Jason said hoping that nothing would happen to the squad before their mission even began.

"You soldiers should surrender! I already killed General Kim you have nothing to fight for now! so just surrender!" Jason shouted at the enemies while poking his head out of cover to see what they were doing. Jason saw a soldier pop out of cover and pointed the soldier pointed his gun at Jason. Jason with his great reflexes brought his head back immediately, he then heard a bullet whiz by right where his head used to be. "WINGS, They can't be reasoned with. Kill them." Jason ordered coldly into the radio.

Saryll had taken cover early in the battle, and spent its duration stood behind her cover. She had always been good at analysis, and her analysis in the situation she found herself in was that there would be repercussions, so if she could prove she took no part in the proceedings, especially when she hadn't been given explicit orders to fire upon anyone, then any reprimand would be lessened or she would escape punishment entirely. She wasn't proud of her decision, but if it meant she would remain on the mission, then she was prepared to take the ire of Kahlil, as he couldn't rightly throw her from the team for not wanting to kill men who were merely accompanying their commanding officer at the time of his death. Saryll remained behind the cover she had taken.

"But... but... dammit!" Rick realized that all chance of the soldiers surrendering was gone. But they could come in handy later!

Rick quickly made a snap decision. He had stripped the unconscious soldier he had tackled of his weapons and tied him, why not do the same with the others?

Rick peered around the box he was behind. There was a pretty terrified soldier barely obscured by another crate. He was a perfectly good place to start, and would allow Rick to get closer to the others. Rick burst from cover and jumped at the soldier, who had no time to react to the giant form flying at him.

d20 roll 12

Rick fell on the soldier, the gun flying from the soldier's hands. The soldier's head clunked on the metal floor, stunning him. He exhaled entirely as Rick's weight settled on his chest. He was helpless.

Rick ripped an exposed part of the soldier's traditional fabric uniform, flipped the soldier and tied his hands. "Maybe the Captain won't kill you, because you didn't shoot at him. At least, you better hope you didn't."

The soldier didn't answer. Rick glance around the side of the crate to find his best next opportunity to strike.

"Kill them"

The coldness of the order chilled her, and for a second Camilla hesitated. In that moment she watched Rick knock down a foe, and decided on a little creative disobedience.

Emerging from cover, she stretched to her full hieght and charged a confused-looking pair of soldiers, firing her gun with intentional inaccuracy. They responded in kind, and before one of their panicked shots connected, she was upon them.

She'd never been much for physical combat, but that had been before the mutation. Now, it all seemed rather easy; overwhelm and overpower.

She rammed the first, and as he staggered she clubbed the other with the stock of her weapon. The second went down soundlessly, and as the first tried to respond, he recieved a second impact that robbed him of consciousness.

Listened to Jason give the cold, heartless words, and all Chris could do was follow them.
"Dammit, these are fellow soldiers, why the hell are we even shooting at them?" he asked himself. He then opened a secure channel to Jason, " Sir, with all due respect, we have no reason for shooting at fellow soldiers. I request that we stand down, and meet with the top brass to explain our situation," he asked his CO.

Along the distance, there was a well trained soldier with a Dystopian Sniper Rifle hiding among the shadows with a Electro Cloak to blend with the surroundings. His breaths were light, he licked his lips zooming in with the holographic scope giving in diagrams along with details about the figures before him.

Suddenly, it locked onto Camilla with spiraling circles around. He didn't hesitate to slide his finger backwards, pulling the trigger. However, it would not fire. Instead, the weapon shook with a vibrating pulse that slightly shocked the sniper making him grunt. That's when he looked up, seeing a man with an over sized wrench behind his back.

Pax shook his head, and spat the other way in disgust. "Never hit a lady, in any way." Besides the cheesy line, the sniper pulled out his pistol to fire quickly. Yet, Pax kicked it out of the way and did an uppercut with his fist making the sniper fall over the stairway onto the ground. Pax jumped down walking towards Camilla.

"General Jason, there are 3 Elite Snipers hidden farther back. Do have Rick take care of it."

That's when a few soldiers came from the corner and began to fire, thus Pax had to quickly roll out of the way, stuck behind a single crate when being rapidly shot out. He bit his lip when one bullet went through and got him in the shoulder, but his flinch was for a second just trying to survive.

A burst of gunfire startled Rick, and he looked over just in time to see Camilla dispatch two soldiers that weren't particularly used to fighting giants. Rick whooped his approval - despite being a soldier, they hadn't pounded the whole killing bit of being in the army into Rick's head, so he still hated seeing people die. Maybe the captain wouldn't get too furious at him if enough people took the non-fatal approach.

Then, Pax jumped down from the side-stairs and was promptly shot at. He dodged out of the way. Camilla was still in the open, but her armor could take a good set of bullets, easily.

Then, Rick saw the high powered rifle.

A soldier had busted open a box of weapons, and was pointing an armor-punching rifle at Camilla.

Adrenaline!

Instinct!

As unprofessional as it was, Rick would not stand for an injured woman if he could help it. Camilla's armor was thick, but not nearly as thick as his. Rick burst out from his crate and launched as hard as he could for the space in front of Camilla.

The soldier fired.

THUNK!

Rick's breath was forced out by an impact not unlike being hit by a table.

The bullet dug deep into Rick's armor, but didn't quite pierce it entirely. Rick could nearly feel the tip against his flesh. All his training came back to him.

Recoil - rotate - rebalance - reverse.

d20 roll: 6

Rick couldn't quite make it. His foot came down heavily on its side, and he flailed a bit, managing to stay upright but stumbling out of the way. He managed to guide himself over to the offending soldier and clipped him before sprawling on the ground. He rolled into the cover of a nearby open crate to readjust. Hopefully, the recoiling soldier wouldn't recover before Camilla got out of the way.

Saw Rick get shot by the soldier and then looked over to Pax and saw him wounded. "Sir," he replied while still on secure channel, "forget what I said about trying to plead our case, I believe it is time for these bastards to die." He then grabbed a nearby Tsunami assault rifle, took aim at the soldier Rick had mingled with and, with a swift burp from the AR, killed the soldier.

"Hey Doc," he said over an open channel, "Pax is wounded. I will give you covering fire, try to make your way over to him." Chris , then, lifted his head over the scraped and chiseled crate that he was using for cover and started firing in short-controlled bursts to try and keep the enemy soldiers' heads down.

"KEEP THAT GOING, CHRIS!" Rick quickly arranged a path to get behind the crate of a lone soldier who wouldn't see him coming as long as Chris kept firing.

Rick managed to get beside the crate of the soldier, reached around and quickly dragged the soldier out. Rick quickly pulled him behind another box, the soldier dropping his weapon through the sheer unexpectedness.

Rick immediately grabbed the man's leg and yanked it in a way that he remembered being particularly painful in-training. The soldier released a positively bloodcurdling shriek, and Rick quickly released him and quickly bound him as he did the others. That should reduce the other soldiers' morale even further, Rick thought to himself. Who knows... we might see a surrender yet.

Rick's robotic joints shrieked a bit. He bit his lip. Overworking the joints would cause some pretty nasty damage. He couldn't keep exerting stress on them like that. He was meant, after all, to stand there and soak up bullets. Rick toyed with the ideas of grabbing another soldier, baiting fire like he was supposed to, or just sitting it out now. He didn't want a bloodbath, but another adrenaline infused jump like that could snap something.

A movement beside her, and she almost lashed out. Then the terrible combined noise of roaring gun and savage impact, and Rick went down with barely a wobble. Camilla herself was already moving, and she was forced to leave him for their mutual safety.

Weapons caches were open, and she selected a heavy, long barreled monstrosity. Non-lethal combat; constructive rebellion. She hurled the weapon toward the for, and with a satisfying crunch, both weapons broke, along with a few ribs at least.

Looking round, she watched Rick dispose of another foe, even as he lady on the floor. Gratitude and disbelief moved her, and in a moment of calm in the battle, she made her way to where he lay.

"You stupid idiot" she murmured, lifting him gently, "You could have just warned me, but you had to go and take a fucking bullet, didn't you?"

Despite his boosted body, he still felt small, almost frail in her arms as she took him back towards Damien

Over the mike, she spoke softly, but loudly enough to be heard through the battle. "These are not monstrous aliens, they are men and women of our own race. Do they really deserve to die?"

"Yes Sergeant Marden they do." Jason said coldly over the radio switching to the full squad radio so everyone could hear what he was about to say. "Are you telling me I should let them live because they are humans? Are they not fully aware of what they are doing right now? Did they not make the choice to betray us? Are they not trying to KILL us right now? There's mercy and then there's letting your enemies live. These men are TRAITORS and I will not allow someone who's betrayed me to live!" Jason shouted over the radio upset at the current situation.

Jason heard a rustle behind him, he looked back and saw nothing. "Captain, there are 3 elite snipers hidden farther back" Jason remembered Pax saying. Jason learned how to deal with cloaked snipers, the secret is to wait for them to move causing a slightly visible ripple. Jason decided to take a risk and jumped back a few feet and stood straight up allowing himself to become an easy target. Jason saw three different movements, they were only for an instant but he knew where each sniper was now.

Jason's instincts told him to move, He did a barrel roll to his right while 3 shots hit just where he was standing a moment ago. Jason then in one smooth motion got on his knee and aimed at the first sniper firing three times and hitting him twice. He then aimed at the second sniper and fired three times hitting him three times, when he was firing at the second sniper the third one shot Jason's assault rifle right out of his hands. With his left hand Jason pulled out his pistol and shot all 12 shots at the third sniper, he couldn't tell how may times he hit the sniper. Jason then heard three crashes as each sniper fell from where they were perched. "Invisible sniper perches, General Kim had every intention of assassinating us." Jason thought to himself.

"Sir, I think it's time I return that favor to them. Permission to use my armor?" James waited for enemy units to be pinned down by the others before opening up on two soldiers trying to get into cover, killing one and grazing the other "Friendly coming to you Captain!" diving behind the crate of M-1334s James waited for his answer, while grabbing pistol ammo and a sub-machine gun

"Permission Granted." Jason responded to James question. "WINGS I've had enough of this little skirmish, End it." Jason ordered over the radio. Jason took a quick look and saw that there were 4 more soldiers left, Jason then rolled back into cover because he didn't have a good shot at any of the four soldiers left.

Activating his effective cloaking, and interfacing it with the rifle he loaded a slug and aimed down a line of two soldiers, firing and managing to turn one of their chests to mist, and the other's left arm was blown off, James cursed under his breath for his impatience, and hid behind cover to reload "Somebody finish off that poor bastard."

Sheesh, Camilla was massive. And powerful.

"Seriously, I'm fine," Rick told Damien. "I just overworked the joints of this armor. That's why I stopped moving. They're cooling down and the armor is repairing even as we speak."

A loud bang nearby exploded a soldier and another's arm blew off. Rick cursed. He was almost used to seeing the other side die, but still horribly disliked seeing allies, even those turned on him, die. He was about to stand up, but he wasn't sure how Damien and Camilla would react. Do something, he thought unhappily.

Stubborn idiot, she thought, as Rick denied injury, but it did seem that he was uninjured. She was about to comment when something exploded nearby and she ducked low. Despite the sudden movement, Rick seemed more worried by the foe's wounds than his own. And besides he was barely even bleeding. She set him down, and grinned,

"Alright then, little man," she said with a smile, "Fix your armour and get back into the game. Let's finish this off."

She unslung her rifle, and took careful aim. Three were left, then one recieved a bullet to the knee and fell. He'd be crippled, but the sooner this was ended the better.

Rick carefully stood up. "I'm not that little. You're only half a foot taller!" Rick could feel the bullet easing away from his skin as the armor slowly pushed it out to repair itself.

Rick looked at the last two soldiers, both of whom realized exactly how screwed they were. Rick smoothly drew his pistol and whipped it like a boomerang at one of them.

d20 roll: 4

Rick missed very thoroughly. The soldier turned and looked at the wall where it hit. Rick quickly took the opportunity to grab his assault rifle and throw it as hard as he could.

d20 roll: 9

The assault rifle clipped off the soldier's head, and he went down like a ton of bricks. It looked like he might have a concussion. Better than being dead.

One down, one to go.

James finally managed to shoot the poor bastard crying and practically convulsing in pain from his what's-left-of-an-arm in the head, ending his misery, and then opened fire on the Soldier missed with the five remaining shots his pistol had, riddling the poor man's torso, as he gargled and grunted with each one, before falling dead not unlike a pile of sticks.

"At least his was quick..." James seemed fairly unhappy about the soldier who had to lose his arm and wait that long in such pain, he had no issue killing people, but these soldiers hadn't done any sadistic crime. Walking over to the soldiers, he started collecting dogtags "Captain, should I inform command to investigate possible accomplices to these troops?" When he got to One-Arm, Manuel Bertrand, he used his hands to guide his eyes closed and, noticing a cross on the neck, muttered a prayer.

The last man was running, but he didn't get far. She might not be the fastest starter, but she was like a freight train when she got going. The collision knocked him off his feet, and she pinned him smoothly.

"Alright," she said softly, in an almost friendly way, "You're gonna come with me, friend, and we're gonna talk to the Captain about what the fuck you think you just tried to do, and on whose authority. No way did Kim plan this on his own."

She lifted the man easily, hit him when he struggled, and strode back to the squad. "I caught a live one, sir" she declared, placing him in front of Jason, then turned to Pax, "You okay, Pax? I didn't even see you get hit."

"Nice work Sergeant Marden." Jason praised Camilla with her job capturing the soldier. "Sergeant Chase, hold my weapons. I'd hate to have to kill this man." Jason said giving the captured soldier an evil look. He handed his weapons to Saryll and walked over to where the captured soldier was sitting.

"So you want to tell me why you betrayed us?" Jason started out, he spoke softly trying to coax the soldier to talk without using force. "Fuck you." The soldier said while spitting in Jason's face. Jason whipped off his face calmly, he then punched the soldier in the face. "You got some balls don't you you little fuck." Jason spoke in a deep tone holding back his anger at being spat on.

"Now, Why don't you tell me what I want to hear or I'm going to have my two big friends stomp on your face or I could just torture you. The choice is yours I'm fine either way." Jason whispered, he whispered so that the soldier would have to listen harder to what he said. The soldier glanced over to the two large WINGS members and started to visualize what one of them stomping on his head would do to him.

"Okay okay I'll talk!" The soldier finally said not wanting any part of what Jason had planned for him. "Excellent, Start from the beginning." Jason said happy that the soldier was going to cooperate.

Rick started off to the soldier that got his gun smacked across his head. His joints squeaked unhappily, but the nano-lubricants had jumped to attention, and the squeaking shortened. Rick kneeled beside him and checked his head. There was an ugly bruise, but he looked like he was going to live.

He bound him like the rest. "I've got four live ones around here as well, sir. I don't think they should die, they may know things. Maybe we could stick them in one of the brigs."

He smiled darkly. "This ship DOES have more than one brig, right? It is the size of a decent city."

He thought for a second for loopholes in his suggestion, and found one. "By 'putting them in the brigs', I hope you realize that I meant all of one person in any given brig, captain. As tempting as the alternative may be."

Rick ruffled the unconscious man's hair. "You'll be fine, I think."

"Oh Christ" Saryll muttered under her breath as she stepped out from her cover, she had hoped this wouldn't happen. For one, this man was clearly in extreme distress, she could see the sweat beading on his forehead and his body twitching as he struggled with the fight-or-flight instinct, weighing up if he could run before he was killed, or if he would have any chance of wounding the supersoldier unit before being dispatched, eventually giving up and just looking terrified. Secondly, his capture facilitated torture, as Kahlil had just threatened. This torture had thankfully been avoided, but it left in its place the information the soldier held. One of two things could have happened, firstly and in Saryll's assessment of the situation, most likely, General Kim had wanted to stop the squad for some mostly innocuous reason and been killed for his troubles, and his men had retaliated in accordance with their training, or worse yet, this had been some kind of colossally dunderheaded assassination plan for a unit the government had poured billions, if not trillions into, thereby justifying what had been an unbased psychotic attack by the captain, further deepening the man's violent paranoia.
Saryll walked to the group clustered around the soldier as he began, crossing her arms as she stood to Jason's left, ready to tell Kahlil the captured combatant was lying in either the event that he was, or if his truth was too damaging to the continued safety of the mission.

Camilla walked away from the interrogation, trying to hide her disgust. The Captain wasn't going to listen to her, and she would do the captive no good by provoking Kahlil to even greater anger

"Did you find the ones I dealt with?" she asked Rick, "There's three of 'em around, and they probably want Damien's attention; I was hardly gentle with them..."

She shuddered, quietly to herself; this was her first action post-procedure, and she found both her easy brutality and raw power more than a little uncomfortable in her own skin. This was only a few months into active WINGS service: what must Kahlil be like after a life under such conditions?

She turned away, not wanting the others to see her disquiet.

"Okay okay, well General Kim made it clear that he didn't like how the WINGS were going to come in and take over the ship. He said you guys were monsters and were hell bent on killing all of us." The soldier started talking quite fast. He was interrupted by the sound of the hanger doors opening.

Jason looked back and saw a Pegasus approaching the hanger. Jason got a chill after looking at the ship, something about that ship made Jason fearful. "No it couldn't be." Jason thought to himself hoping it wasn't who he thought it was. The Pegasus flew into the hangar and landed right next tp where they were standing.

"Stop right there Captain Kahlil." Dr. Thompson said as he walked out of the Pegasus. Jason froze where he stood as memories of his past filled his head again. While a normal person wouldn't be able to tell it, the rest of the WINGS could tell that Jason was visibly frightened of Dr. Thompson.

"The Pilot of your Pegasus called back and told us of this nasty happening. It's a shame really, General Kim was such a bright General but a little....... Misguided." Dr. Thompson began walking over to the capture soldier and looking over at what his soldiers did. "I shall take over the investigation now, you and your squad will stay here until I finish my investigation." Dr. Thompson said examining the squad to see how damaged they were.

"Recruits! Front and Center!" Dr. Thompson yelled as a group of ten WINGS recruits ran out of the Pegasus and into position. They referred to the WINGS recruits as FEATHERS because their logo is only a blade with a feather. "Where is Jarmen Kell?" Dr. Thompson questioned as he looked around and didn't see Sergeant Kell anywhere. "He's still in the Pegasus, SIR!" One of the recruits answered.

"Oh he is now. Sergeant Kell you stay here with the squad and make sure they don't make a run for it." Dr. Thompson Ordered, loud enough that anyone in the hangar could hear him. "Not that I expect them to run away." Dr. Thompson added under his breath giving Jason an evil look. "Recruits, round up the survivors and take them to the holding block." Dr. Thompson ordered as he started to leave the hangar. "Yes Sir!" Each Recruit answered as they went to go round up the bodies and the survivors.

Soon the Hangar was quiet as everyone except the WINGS squad was gone. Even though Dr. Thompson was gone Jason still couldn't get himself to stop shaking. Jason just sat there with a blank stare on his face as he tried to calm himself down.

Rick stretched himself and glanced at the bullet hole in his armor. The bullet was still in it, but sticking out a full two inches. Rick popped it out. Small fibers of metal stretched across the hole as the armor fixed itself.

He walked over to Camilla. "You did good, Marden. I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who didn't like what was happening there."

"Understood, sir." Jarmen said as he walked down the ramp from the Pegasus' hold carrying a large dufflebag nearly half his height. He paused and waited a few moments.
"RECRUITS! Disregard those orders. Dr. Thompson's an egghead, he doesn't know what's what. McMillan, Penlan, Drock and Carver you round up the survivors! Get the ones who're still walking to the brig and get medics for the other. Hall, Colon, Knobs and Hunter you start cleaning up the bodies. And Knobs, if I see you trying to steal jewelery or watches or anything I will put my foot so far up your ass you'll be coughing up my boot polish. Mitchell, you go secure the good general's quarters. We want it just as it was for whatever inevitable investigation makes it's way up here. Webb..." and here he spoke quietly to the recruit "Get up to hangar control and have them train whatever security weaponry they've got on our nice new squad here. If Doc Thompson thinks they might try to pull a runner I wanna make sure there'll be nothing left but chunky salsa if they try, alright. DISMISSED!"

He turned his back from the recruits and face the squad looking over each person. He paused briefly on Camilla, looking her up and down and then on Jason.

"Stop fucking shaking so much, boy. I know the Doc's a creepy bastard but he's mostly harmless. Now...care to tell me exactly what happened? 'Case all I got from your pilot was you yelling and then stabbing the good general."

Edit: Disregard due to failed reading comprehension.

Saryll caught herself before she let out a derisive snort at the soldier's report on the WINGS squad, but managed to turn it into a disgusted sniff, and stalked off a short way to observe the situation from afar. When Kell arrived and started giving orders, she allowed herself a small smile at his diminutive stature compared to the FEATHERS he commanded, the shortest among them looking around 5'9. When he asked for a sitrep, she stepped forward and cut in "You will use a tone of respect when addressing a senior officer, Sergeant Kell" she snapped, amused when his pupils contracted, indicating he was either confused, angered or thinking deeply about what she had just said "As for what happened, Captain Kahlil killed General Kim, and the ensuing firefight cost valuable lives. We have a mission to completer however, so if you'll allow us to continue with our appointed tasks, we can get on while your clean-up crew do their work. Her demeanour wasn't much removed from her normal manner, but Saryll had taken issue with the way he had looked at Camilla's impressive stature

Jarmen grinned widely, showing tobacco stained teeth.
"Well Miss," he said the word like it was a slur "at the moment I'm acting as the good doctor's bodyguard. That puts me outside the normal chain of command so the only person I have to 'use a tone of respect' with is him."

He paused for a moment. How exactly had she known his rank? He wasn't wearing rank insignia. Well, almost all WINGS start out as sergeant, she was probably guessing. Regardless, he'd keep an eye on her.

"And anyway," he continued "Yeah, I can tell Kim's dead and I can tell there was a firefight. The fact that Knobs over there is picking up some guys arm was clue enough." He looked back over to the FEATHER recruit again. "WHAT DID I SAY ABOUT WATCHES CORPORAL!?"

The recruit jumped and emptied his pockets, grinning sheepishly.

"I was wondering why exactly Captain Kahil here saw fit to stab the good General. All I know is he refused you the right to land."

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked