The Ratings War VI: Aces High - Round 1 (Closed - Judging)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Khedive Rex:
Application List Snip.

I hope some of the others do complete their applications. It'd be so good to have a shit load of contestants. Although, that increases the chance of people dropping out later into the competition... Sort of a double-edged sword, I guess.

Anyway, If it turns out that we need another Club to even it out, then I'm happy to edit my intro and sheet to make Faustus one. The change wouldn't be ideal but I could make it work.

EDIT: Also, if it turned out that we needed a Diamond instead, I could fill that space. Again, not ideal, but it was actually the suit I had originally chosen for Faustus so.... yeah.

JoJoDeathunter:
Nice, I was hoping for something like this to see how the numbers are stacking up, in an ideal world we'd have 1 more diamond and 2 more clubs in addition to everyone that's entered so we'd have 16 contestants and 4 of each! Oh well, I guess we'll have to wait and see if we pick up some more entries close to the deadline.

Well, the numbers depend on where Viking is placed; one cannot stand on both sides of the chasm, I believe the phrase is. The two sides, in this case, being Diamonds and Hearts.

CounterAttack:

JoJoDeathunter:
Nice, I was hoping for something like this to see how the numbers are stacking up, in an ideal world we'd have 1 more diamond and 2 more clubs in addition to everyone that's entered so we'd have 16 contestants and 4 of each! Oh well, I guess we'll have to wait and see if we pick up some more entries close to the deadline.

Well, the numbers depend on where Viking is placed; one cannot stand on both sides of the chasm, I believe the phrase is. The two sides, in this case, being Diamonds and Hearts.

I'd imagine his character would end up a Diamond since on his sheet he put "Diamond (maybe with a touch of hearts)" and if you don't include him we have 4 hearts and 2 diamonds, so the numbers are pointing that way.

JoJoDeathunter:

CounterAttack:

JoJoDeathunter:

I'd imagine his character would end up a Diamond since on his sheet he put "Diamond (maybe with a touch of hearts)" and if you don't include him we have 4 hearts and 2 diamonds, so the numbers are pointing that way.

CounterAttack:

JoJoDeathunter:

The problem I have with Shift is that he is all about perception and identity, which sounds like Hearts, but he isn't a politician or anything like that, he just wants to find out who he is and why he has his powers, which seems more diamond to me. I'm basically just waiting and letting Krunk decide

Viking Incognito:

The problem I have with Shift is that he is all about perception and identity, which sounds like Hearts, but he isn't a politician or anything like that, he just wants to find out who he is and why he has his powers, which seems more diamond to me. I'm basically just waiting and letting Krunk decide.

From his ability is sounds like he could be either, so you're right it's probably best to let Krunk put him where-ever's easiest for the RP to run smoothly.

Viking Incognito:

The problem I have with Shift is that he is all about perception and identity, which sounds like Hearts, but he isn't a politician or anything like that, he just wants to find out who he is and why he has his powers, which seems more diamond to me. I'm basically just waiting and letting Krunk decide

Hrm...seems better suited to the Diamonds...but that's just my opinion.

Okay, may as well send forth my character. I have no intro yet, but I'll be scrambling to get it done.

EDIT: Scratch that. Got the intro set up

Doc Gnosis:
Kim Avery

Finally another female character! Hui is no-longer alone! Also, I recommend you join this group right away:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/members/The-Ratings-War

Rex informed me of this literally just today. Is it too late to participate?

000Ronald:

You have until Friday. The race is on lol.

EDIT to respond to Doc Gnosis:

Doc Gnosis:
athletic figure especially below the waist

When I read this, my initial thought was that she must have a fucking great arse.

Interesting character with a concept that allows for variety. Just one question though. Does she have unlimited magical coins?

"She's an efficient tracker," but "Often gets too engrossed in thought and/or memory that she loses her bearings." I understand it, but the contradiction made me laugh.

I like your character...seems light-hearted and fun. The random-item-spawning coins sound like a good laugh.

I may do some editing to it later, but that's pretty much it.

I'll work on the intro tomorrow night. Done.

000Ronald:

No, you still have roughly 2 days - I'll let you all know when submissions are closed. I will accept your reservation if you want though.

Lord Krunk:

000Ronald:

No, you still have roughly 2 days - I'll let you all know when submissions are closed. I will accept your reservation if you want though.

I would be grateful for that, yes. I only just learned this was open today.

And now that's done. I'm sorry for the poor quality of the second half of the entry, but it's almost five in the morning where I am, and I've been at it literally all night. My other submissions won't be this bad, I promise; I have plans for those.

[1] Before anyone starts bitching about this, my father has amber-colored eyes, and this character is largely based on him.

Zombie_Fish:
James Elroy Snip

Just one tiny discrepancy in your sheet that I thought you might want to change:

Zombie_Fish:

He still doesn't know if his parents know what's happened to him since that night twelve years ago.

You state that he joined the circus when he was 16, two months after dropping out of school. He is, however, 30. The maths doesn't add up. Just thought I'd point it out.

Other than that, seems like a good sheet; I'm interested to see how, exactly, he was chosen as a champion.

000Ronald:
Before anyone starts bitching about this, my father has amber-colored eyes, and this character is largely based on him.

Your Dad is a six-foot long-lived intelligent and noble warrior skilled in combat, blacksmithing, diplomacy and magic, having earned a unique title from nine different races? Cool, mine works in insurance :-P

JoJoDeathunter:

000Ronald:
Before anyone starts bitching about this, my father has amber-colored eyes, and this character is largely based on him.

Your Dad is a six-foot long-lived intelligent and noble warrior skilled in combat, blacksmithing, diplomacy and magic, having earned a unique title from nine different races? Cool, mine works in insurance :-P

Mine works at Lowes.

Entry should be up tonight as I had to cram 3 projects to finish last night. They were worth 50% in one class, 20% in another, and 18% in another because my teachers are indecisive dicks.

elementsoul:

JoJoDeathunter:

000Ronald:

Mine works at Lowes.

Entry should be up tonight as I had to cram 3 projects to finish last night. They were worth 50% in one class, 20% in another, and 18% in another because my teachers are indecisive dicks.

Amen brother.

JoJoDeathunter:

000Ronald:

Yes. What of it?

000Ronald:

JoJoDeathunter:

000Ronald:

Yes. What of it?

You must have some mighty high expectations to live up to. Also he believes that no-one is wholly evil, what about Lord Voldemort?

JoJoDeathunter:

000Ronald:

JoJoDeathunter:

Yes. What of it?

You must have some mighty high expectations to live up to. Also he believes that no-one is wholly evil, what about Lord Voldemort?

Wasn't Lord Voldemort a fictional character?

000Ronald:

JoJoDeathunter:

000Ronald:

Yes. What of it?

Wasn't Lord Voldemort a fictional character?

I hope not, otherwise I've spent the last decade saying "You Know Who" aloud for nothing.

ThreeWords:

William Darke

Firstly interesting sheet, especially the angel part. Just one issue though, according to Krunk our characters aren't meant to meet the Aces (and the tens) until later:

Lord Krunk (quoted from the user-group):
Everyone looks human, even the Kings, Queens and Jacks.
The appearance of the Decimators (10) and Aces will be revealed later - we won't see them for a while yet.

Intro coming later.

Added my intro for those interested. Any critiques, as usual, are welcome.

ThreeWords:
William Darke Snip

Interesting sheet. One question: does the angel have any fears? In your intro, you state that it's afraid of the guy that comes to meet William, but I'm just curious to know if the angel fears anything else...

The cast thus far:

Judges

revolverwolf
sky14kemea
NeoAC

Contestants

staika - Spades
Nukey - Spades (Diamonds if necessary)
elementsoul - Wight - Spades
Tips_of_Fingers - Faustus - Spades (Clubs if necessary)
000Ronald - Soneyo - Spades (Clubs if necessary)

CounterAttack - Diamonds
Viking Incognito - Diamonds (Hearts if necessary)
Armitage Shanks - Dimitry Shanks - Diamonds (Hearts if necessary)
JoJoDeathunter - Hui - Diamonds
Doc Gnosis - The Solver - Diamonds (Spades if necessary)

Segadroid - Clubs
Fragrance of Mtn Dew - Izumi - Clubs
Zombie_Fish - James - Clubs
ThreeWords - William Darke - Clubs

Hafrael - Hearts
Lost In The Void - Underwood - Hearts
Khedive Rex - Baramiah - Hearts
wesdabigman - Reject - Hearts

RBMidknight - Pending
Sam G - Pending
darthobri - Pending

Everything's looking pretty even, and 18 (confirmed) is a good number to work with. That said, I will PM the three unconfirmed to make sure if they are still competing. If I've made any mistakes, let me know, and those of you that have not submitted your intros please get it in soon.

RW6 will not close just yet, as work and other preoccupations will be consuming the majority of my free time for the next day or two. I won't have any time to work on getting this train running, so consider this a bit of extra time to submit or fix anything you want before the door closes.

After the thread is closed, the game begins. Expect the first round to begin not long afterwards.

@Lord Krunk Okay good. I finally finished off the mountain of work professors like to pile on the week before courses end. I fucking hate half semester courses.

So is there a time limit for people's intro's to be in today? :0 I feel I should warn the 3 pendings.

@Krunk: That's good since I'm currently without a computer for the time being (Thanks for that great battery Staples. Didn't even last a bloody year!), but I should have a loaner come Monday so that I can properly judge these entries from a (sigh) netbook.

Armitage Shanks:

Intro coming later.

How did things end for this guy in RW2? I would go back and look but there are too many pages to search through.

Lord Krunk:
-snip-

I note that only some of the listings cover both player name and character name. Just putting that out there in case you feel like editing it in the future.

No longer Pending! Here's my sheet and the Entry's being finished. Entry/Intro's below.

RBMidknight:
Lauren Ward

Huh, another mid-30's single mother character with magical powers, if our two character's fight each other then it's going to be a impassioned match for sure :-P Just a head's up, as there's already 5 Diamonds and only 4 Clubs unless another Club is entered in the next few hours that's what she'll probably end up as, not that that's a bad thing as from her career I'd say Clubs suits her better anyway.

JoJoDeathunter:
-snip-

Here's hoping another Club shows up, as I kind of prefer Diamonds. Wouldn't personally classify the ability my character has as magical. I haven't read many of the other sheets yet I'll probably go through 'em all tomorrow.

Here's an intro. I don't like it that much but it seems to be a necessity around here.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked