RP ideas thread. (not an rp but it is a place to build RP's in.)

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

I have created this thread as a place to plan and gather a support base for RP's, to help control the amoun of dead RP's in the forums.

I have had this approved by Nasrin for any who are concerned.

I'll kick off the thread with a few of my own ideas.

-Ninja's (blatant naurto ripoff.)

We would need atleast four players, Sensai and the squad.

- The Warriors of Flesh and Steel. (alternate WWI reality with giant mechs, airships and genetically modified creatures.)
we would have two sides and at least two players per side.

This is a great idea.
-
I have an idea -
"Gran Colombia", the four states come together in their attempts to fend off the growing drug cartels and the threat of an imperialistic America in the 1970s. Damn, I love me some alternative history.
You can be a part of a squad of soldiers that is assigned to protect the galapagos archepelegos when the Americans invade. Prior to the formation of Gran Colombia, they gave the ones that commited felonies and crimes a one time "get out of jail free" card in which they hand themselves over, commit to the military for 15 years and protect their country.
You can also have it deep in the Jungle, fighting against your own countrymen the criminals and the Americans.
You'd have about 4-5 players.

mcpop9:

Ninjas are always fun, but I want something that isn't all about combat.

mcpop9:

- The Warriors of Flesh and Steel. (alternate WWI reality with giant mechs, airships and genetically modified creatures.)

This sounds awesome, but we'd need to set some boundaries. By the way, since this is an alternative Universe, would you like to jumble the sides a bit? (Change alliances, etc.)

I'd had an idea for one based on an idea me and my friends had thought of.

The league of ordinary gentlemen(Clever, no?)
Its about superheros. With incredibly lame super powers.
For instance. My character would be "Dead Serious" who has the inability to die. And that's it.

A Minecraft RP. There would be 5 admins and 20 players. The 5 admins would race to build a structure that relates to the plot. The 20 players interact in that structure while the other 5 admins create more structures. For each structure created, the admin who created the structure gets to run the plot. Until someone takes his place by building another structure.

Here's one that i got while watching Doctor Who. I've had it on my mind for a while and wanted to use it for quite some time but lack of time, courage, and direction/want to do with is has kept me from starting such an Rp myself.

It's about an older victorian-esque gentleman and an alchemist gentleman from different realms (the former from a steampunk realm and the latter from a medevil magical realm) at war with each other, flying their respective ships (a steampunk blimp for the former and for the latter) through the inbetween, occasionally interacting with the realms within them.

Players would be swept from their home area by the Grey Shifts and dropped off in a realm where The Gentleman is collecting an artifact and The Alchemist is on his trail,hoping to acquire said artifact. In the insuing chase, the players would be able to decide which side they would join with: the Alchemist's side or the Gentlemen' side, and work on retrieving the item (which is rumored to be essential to reaching The Seat of Creation) or keeping it out of everyone else's hands. Both sides could go off on their own seperate adventures (The leaders are adventurer's after all, why wouldn't they be caught up with ijnvestigaing new realms they visit) and different realms (choosing to help the inhabitants for some reward which could help them get a leg up against the other side) while trying to find or allude each other, respectively.

This is how i invisioned it, a grand RP about exploration and but you can choose other options like have the creator reappear near the end or have a rival faction try to harm them both and reach the Seat themselves or have both sides vicious and violent against each other, whatever you want. I had also thought of allowing players to switch sides with maybe a limit to how many times they could, for various reasons, but you don't have to use that.

I would suggest two GM's, one for each side.

I have a couple ideas I've been bouncing around in the back of my head for a while, never able to develop them into full RPs.

The first is one I've dubbed 'Mercenaries: Slim Pickings in Morten Haven', regarding a group of sellswords hired by a sorcerer to do his bidding. Basically, this would be an almost entirely standard fantasy setting and plot, told from the perspective of the Big Bad's mooks. I'd go for a pitch-black comedy, especially since the RP would likely end with everyone being slaughtered at the hands of The Hero.

The second is one I've dubbed Charon, which is a sci-fi RP set in a future war between Humans and a race of aliens bent on Human extermination. The plot centers around a single warship, the eponymous Charon and it's final mission, a suicide mission into enemy controlled space to destroy a critical target before Humanity's fleets are overrun.

Vesuvius Hetlan:

For instance. My character would be "Dead Serious" who has the inability to die. And that's it.

But since you have unlimited time to learn things, you can amass experience, wealth, minions...
You can be a god.
Unless it'll be in the spirit of "The Misfits", if so, I'm in.

Wow I'm so glad someone made this, I'm always coming up with ideas I'm no way near a good enough GM to manage so I can see myself using this thread an awful lot.
So I guess I'll be using this thread as a sort of way to get my ideas adopted by much more suitable friends.
So putting my best foot forward here is probably the best I can come up with.
Before I start I should say this thread has an extremely expansive background which I and several others have spent maybe a month or two working on which can be found here.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/540.308574-Life-in-the-53rd-Century-New-Sci-Fi-universe-2-Always-looking-for-contributors-and-Artists#12448616
Now I know there's an awful lot to take in but trying to explain the complexities right here is not feasible so I suppose if you find the summary interesting you might just check it out.

Man where was this thread when my RP was first getting off the ground!?

I do have an idea that I just threw together about 5 seconds ago. I don't have a title for it since I suck at coming up with titles. I probably wouldn't start it up unless there was a lot of interest in it though.

Edit: The more I think about it the more I want to start it up >.<

Edit 2: Damn I really want to start this up now. I know I shouldn't but I think I'm going to anyway >.>
Now I need to think of a plot and a better story.

Edit the third: I created the RP if anyone wants to join. heres a Link

TheIronRuler:

Vesuvius Hetlan:

But since you have unlimited time to learn things, you can amass experience, wealth, minions...
You can be a god.
Unless it'll be in the spirit of "The Misfits", if so, I'm in.

Let me rephrase his power. He can't be killed by anyone. He still lives and is wounded like normal people and will die with time.

A couple of Ideas (yeah most are pretty gritty):

-STALKER (some combat but mostly based around survival)
-The Ward (not to be confused with John Carpenter's film (a handful of "players" play mental asylum patients trying to escape))
-Out of Body, Out of Sight (A complete spin-off of Dark Souls)
-[No name yet]: Borderlands RP (Even I admit this doesn't sound too good but I'm posting it in-case someone decides to use the idea; besides it could be fun)
-Age of Dragons (Dragon Age, and I'm talking about an original story like the first)
-To Secure and Protect: SWAT/Vegas 2 tactical RP (the name says it all)

Getting off for the night but an idea popped into my head at the last minute. Anyone up for trying to get this thing pinned? it would help newbies to RP'ing join one and keep this always in view for everyone.
couldn't care if it got pinned or not,just a thought.

Samurai RP, Would have space for both awesome combat and great in between sequences.

xXGeckoXx:
Samurai RP, Would have space for both awesome cobat and great in between sequences.

your idea reminded me of a book series, Eona and Eon. eastern culture mainly. the culture was based on the zodiac and dragons.
each zodiac sign had a dragon that corresponded to it and the dragons would choose an apprentice. the previous apprentice would become the dragon-eye (Partner to the dragon.) and be rising in power for that year. the dragon eyes would be challenged with keeping the lands safe.

if anyone's interested i'll explain it a bit more.

mcpop9:

xXGeckoXx:
Samurai RP, Would have space for both awesome cobat and great in between sequences.

your idea reminded me of a book series, Eona and Eon. eastern culture mainly. the culture was based on the zodiac and dragons.
each zodiac sign had a dragon that corresponded to it and the dragons would choose an apprentice. the previous apprentice would become the dragon-eye (Partner to the dragon.) and be rising in power for that year. the dragon eyes would be challenged with keeping the lands safe.

I was hoping for more of a feudal RP. Feudal japan on the verge of a new shogun, different clans fight for power to gain a foothold when the old reigime crumbles.

xXGeckoXx:

mcpop9:

xXGeckoXx:

I was hoping for more of a feudal RP. Feudal japan on the verge of a new shogun, different clans fight for power to gain a foothold when the old reigime crumbles.

Then I vote for after the unification of Japan. I think that wandering Ronin are more fun than clashing peasant levy armies.

xXGeckoXx:

mcpop9:

xXGeckoXx:

wasn't trying to distort your idea. but merely recounting something interesting i had read.
it was based off a feudal system with the emperor.

TheIronRuler:

xXGeckoXx:

mcpop9:

Then I vote for after the unification of Japan. I think that wandering Ronin are more fun than clashing peasant levy armies.

That's what's so great. You can have ronin, samurai clans or samurai working under a lords, assassins with a goal, hermit warrior monks. Shitloads of different characters and with some cool fighting styles.

xXGeckoXx:

TheIronRuler:

xXGeckoXx:

That's what's so great. You can have ronin, samurai clans or samurai working under a lords, assassins with a goal, hermit warrior monks. Shitloads of different characters and with some cool fighting styles.

After the unification of Japan, One lineage... Samurais now have no place in battles since there are no more wars between the clans. Thus, begins the age of the ronin! The Samurai with no lords! When there is NO NEED for WAR, there is NO NEED for Samurai!
Well, you still had the various blokes that had lost their master and refuse dto commit seppuku.
Plus, around that time you could have European influence seeping in... Super Sexy Catholic Protugese Priests roaming the countryside and preaching Jesus with a claymore.
Hermit Warrior monks still go in there, but there should be some goal. The Ronin just roamed the earth, stole some food and fought each other to the death.
Maybe if we can make some shit up about an external threat, or some mystical crap, that could work.
Otherwise before the unification of Japan is the best thing here, probably closer to the 15th-16th century, with all those Portugese Priests.
By the way, Images of Inuyasha and the crew constantly pop into my mind. Just a hint.

One idea I had was trying to think of how to do a suikoden rp. It doesn't seem like a lot of people) (at least to me, or in my experience) know about it. Was thinking of possibly making either an all out war, or possibly a third fire bringer war. Not sure if I would let players take in true runes or not though.

mcpop9:

I'll kick off the thread with a few of my own ideas.

Naruto: Sounds good, I'm thinking two things, 1) Make it a short thread, say only two missions. Give that thread an entire complete story-arch, then decide if you want a sequel after wards. 2) Consider who you want to be the Sensei (I'm assuming for this example it'll be yourself), consider how much you want the story to depend on you, consider the rank: Genin, where the Sensei is expected to weight in on everything; Choujnin Exam, where the sensei is expected just to watch and give a bit of coaching; Choujnin, where the sensei is just the leader for a tight-knit team; Jounin, where the sensei might not even be leading the team.

Though I'd be down for a Naruto RP, it's been a while since I touched any of the manga of anime but I still like the universe.

WW1: If you're gonna have two sides, consider how it's often difficult to balance fights.

xXGeckoXx:
Samurai RP, Would have space for both awesome combat and great in between sequences.

-Make it Seven Swordsmen/Akira style, this would be amazing. Just low-fantasy, feudal japan setting.

Captainguy42:
snip.

Naruto, i just had an urge to make one and it seemed like a good idea.

WWI: I was thinking of having the open fight at the beginning, tearing through each other's side,then having the two sides being forced together from a situation. it would be interesting to see manipulated animals and industrial creations working together.

Captainguy42:

Naruto: Sounds good, I'm thinking two things, 1) Make it a short thread, say only two missions. Give that thread an entire complete story-arch, then decide if you want a sequel after wards. 2) Consider who you want to be the Sensei (I'm assuming for this example it'll be yourself), consider how much you want the story to depend on you, consider the rank: Genin, where the Sensei is expected to weight in on everything; Choujnin Exam, where the sensei is expected just to watch and give a bit of coaching; Choujnin, where the sensei is just the leader for a tight-knit team; Jounin, where the sensei might not even be leading the team.

Though I'd be down for a Naruto RP, it's been a while since I touched any of the manga of anime but I still like the universe.

I was in one before but it died really quickly since the person doing it didn't really know where they wanted to go, and the prelims devolved into a clustermess. If someone has a good idea on an arc, as Captain guy said, and is able to keep things together without becoming just an incoherent blob, I would be interested in reviving my character from that and bringing her back since I feel she didn't get a fair shake the first time out.

Captainguy42:
-snip.-

NeoAC:
-snip-

How intact should the canon be? i was thinking of warping ita little for the RP but not by much, a few facts and Jutsu's here and there.

I'm working on the opening and first mission ideas as we type.

mcpop9:

How intact should the canon be? i was thinking of warping ita little for the RP but not by much, a few facts and Jutsu's here and there.

I think as long as the base universe is in place, you can play with the canon as much as you want. We were set some time in the future from the Uzumaki era, so you can be as free as you want as long as people recognize the universe and know what the point is going to be when they enter it.

NeoAC:

mcpop9:

I think as long as the base universe is in place, you can play with the canon as much as you want. We were set some time in the future from the Uzumaki era, so you can be as free as you want as long as people recognize the universe and know what the point is going to be when they enter it.

good to know, i was planning on making it a group effort with the story. maybe 3-others besides myself and we should be set to go.

mcpop9:

good to know, i was planning on making it a group effort with the story. maybe 3-others besides myself and we should be set to go.

You should really have it in place by yourself if you're planning on GMing that sort of thing man. You can't rely on people just making it up as they go. That was the problem with the last one. The GM was relying on others for ideas and it went badly. If you're going to do this, you gotta have the plan in place, as Captainguy said, do it in arcs.

NeoAC:

mcpop9:

You should really have it in place by yourself if you're planning on GMing that sort of thing man. You can't rely on people just making it up as they go. That was the problem with the last one. The GM was relying on others for ideas and it went badly. If you're going to do this, you gotta have the plan in place, as Captainguy said, do it in arcs.

i wasn't going to rely on others for all the ideas. I would come up with the arcs, main battles and objectives but let the players have their own small "encounters". things as simple as a place to eat or sleep, shopping trips, to small battles.

I'd be at the helm yet i wouldn't shut out others ideas if they have them and they're not too unreasonable. Who knows, if someone wants to do an arc, i might let them as long s its planned out.

mcpop9:

I wasn't going to rely on others for all the ideas. I would come up with the arcs, main battles and objectives but let the players have their own small "encounters". things as simple as a place to eat or sleep, shopping trips, to small battles.

I'd be at the helm yet i wouldn't shut out others ideas if they have them and they're not too unreasonable. Who knows, if someone wants to do an arc, I might let them as long as it's planned out.

That is a good position to have when running an RP. You'd probably want a little more to the encounters it would mostly be an opportunity for the characters to get to interact, but other than that, that is the way to do it.

NeoAC:
snippity

That is a good position to have when running an RP. You'd probably want a little more to the encounters it would mostly be an opportunity for the characters to get to interact, but other than that, that is the way to do it.

Here's what i got so far, i'm not a good writer but i can come up with a plot.
working on the first arc plot now.

intro and prototype character sheet:

It's been 10 years since the assault on The Hidden Leaf Village by The Akatski and Pain. The Hidden leaf village is rebuilding slowly and prospering under Lady Tsunade's leadership.

New Ninja training had begun and the chunin exams were just over and the new ninja had been put into teams. All of the remaining Akatski were hunted down and killed, but Sasuke and Madara were still at large.

Teams were being dispatched daily to look for them. the new chunin however, were being sent on resource scavenging missions and as support to other villages to try and bring in more money for the Hidden leaf.

However lurking in the shadows was an unknown enemy. They were building their strength, biding their time. waiting for the perfect moment to assault the weakened village.

Character sheet:
Name:

Appearance:

Style of Jutsu:

Nature Affinity:

Anything special: (personal weapons, certain justsu, etc, etc.)

Bio:

mcpop9:

NeoAC:
snippity

Here's what i got so far, i'm not a good writer but i can come up with a plot.
working on the first arc plot now.

intro and prototype character sheet:

It's been 10 years since the assault on The Hidden Leaf Village by The Akatski and Pain. The Hidden leaf village is rebuilding slowly and prospering under Lady Tsunade's leadership.

New Ninja training had begun and the chunin exams were just over and the new ninja had been put into teams. All of the remaining Akatski were hunted down and killed, but Saske and Madora were still at large.

Teams were being dispatched daily to look for them. the new chunin however, were being sent on resource scavanging missions and as support to other villages to try and bring in more money for the villages.

However lurking in the shadows was an unknown enemy. They were building their strength, biding their time. waiting for the perfect moment to assault the weakened village.

Caracter sheet:
Name:

Appearence

Style of Jutsu:

Nature Affinity:

Anything special: (personal weapons, certain justsu, etc, etc.)

Bio:

I have a great idea for the Ninja Rp.
We could have it in the future where there is modernization, and now Ninjas are being outclassed by steampunk type weapons and machinary. Then they need to fight the 'scientists' for missions and to prove their worth, otherwise the will lose the protection of the daimyo and instead the nation will only have the 'scientists'.
So you can have the Rain Nation or the Earth nation switch entirely to use the 'scientists' and their machines... You could have a plot to take over the world by letting in a new order where the scientists will rule instead of the Daimyos... etc.
What do you think?
About the form, style of Justsu is obscure. There should be some family bloodline, special abilities... there's a whole lore around that. Plus, Nature affinity comes to mind in the later, more advanced stages of the Ninja, not genin or chunin (well, maybe advanced chunin).
Other then that, it's great,

TheIronRuler:
snip

We could have it in the future where there is modernization, and now Ninjas are being outclassed by steampunk type weapons and machinery. Then they need to fight the 'scientists' for missions and to prove their worth, otherwise the will lose the protection of the daimyo and instead the nation will only have the 'scientists'.
So you can have the Rain Nation or the Earth nation switch entirely to use the 'scientists' and their machines... You could have a plot to take over the world by letting in a new order where the scientists will rule instead of the Daimyos... etc.
What do you think?
About the form, style of Justsu is obscure. There should be some family bloodline, special abilities... there's a whole lore around that. Plus, Nature affinity comes to mind in the later, more advanced stages of the Ninja, not genin or chunin (well, maybe advanced chunin).

Thanks for the criticism.

I was planning on having the Village hidden in the rain to have an uprising against the other villages with a group somewhat like the new akatsuki manipulating them. They'd be more mechanical base but more hell bent on world domination though the ruination of war between villages. they'd then sweep up the remnants of the villages.

This is plausible because of the great instability of the village without a leader.

the char sheet on the other hand is only a prototype and was really just meant as a place holder. i plan to expand it and get more complicated as i read up on the wiki, just need to refresh my memory.

mcpop9:

TheIronRuler:
snip

We could have it in the future where there is modernization, and now Ninjas are being outclassed by steampunk type weapons and machinery. Then they need to fight the 'scientists' for missions and to prove their worth, otherwise the will lose the protection of the daimyo and instead the nation will only have the 'scientists'.
What do you think?

Thanks for the criticism.

I was planning on having the Village hidden in the rain to have an uprising against the other villages with a group somewhat like the new akatsuki manipulating them. They'd be more mechanical base but more hell bent on world domination though the ruination of war between villages. they'd then sweep up the remnants of the villages.

This is plausible because of the great instability of the village without a leader.

the char sheet on the other hand is only a prototype and was really just meant as a place holder. i plan to expand it and get more complicated as i read up on the wiki, just need to refresh my memory.

Like the Akatsuki... Only Tobi and his Fish friend knew that their end goal will be world domination, and Tobi was the only one to know of his Mega Mind Control Jutsu. The others didn't know, they just thought that if they collect the tailed animals they'll control the villages by the balls and be mercenaries, effectively replacing the tailed animals but they will get paid by any nation that needs more firepower.
Having it in the Rain is good and all, but everything seems to stem from there. You can go to either of the poorer nations and have a rag-tag group of mercenaries, like the wave country.
Overall, it's fine.

What about a group of teenagers who find out that their older siblings actually had the power to turn random pieces of junk and trash into weapons and vehicles and armor and etc. But now have to take up the mantle of their siblings who have dissapeared to fight the evil that has come back with a vengeance.

overhauled the character sheet.

Character sheet::

Name:

Appearance:

Family History:

Weapons: (if any)

Style of Jutsu
(this shold help a bit if you need it. Jutsu list from the wiki.)
Ninjutsu:

Taijutsu:

Freebee:(another classification of jutsu so long as it's believable.

(generally list how you character uses each of them. if its something unique add a description. Also, you're a new Chunin, you don't have an arsenal like kakashi.)

Kekkei Genkai: (if any)

Strengths:

Weaknesses:

Bio:

Other:

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked