Renewal of Reality Video Game Series: Shark Week (Ep 2: Shellshocked.)

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

"Cave Johnson here, and I- Back away from my face, Wheatley, you're only getting my mouth. Ahem, as i was saying. This week is the Second annual Aperture Science Shark Week, and we've stripped you non-existent, totally unimportant individuals from your own universe to test out Aperture Science's new Center Of the World Home, COWH.

We here at Aperture science have attempted to make this newest experiment safer than our first annual Aperture Science Shark Week experiment, where we genetically modified Magma-dwelling Sharkmen to work the menial grunt work around the labs. We lost three lab technicians that day, but who cares? They're replaceable. Back to the point.

We've surrounded this house with a 100%, quality grade Aperture Science Clear Orbital Containment Kevlar and given you an area outside with a suitable size for your recreational purposes. Look, there's even a little sandbox with some toys and other things children would like! We've also used our patented Aperture Science Insulating Super Heat Absorbing Silicate to protect your fragile bodies from the intense heat of the earth's core; just try not to breathe in too much of it.

In addition, i think it only fair to say that the COWH has a failsafe should any of you decide to try to leave the Aperture Science Clear Orbital Containment Kevlar, in that you will go boom. there will be a big mess, and the guys at the lab will have to clean it up, and I'm fairly certain they don't want to spend their Sunday afternoons cleaning up the slurry of your blood and the rubble of the house. The house has been accommodated with a well stocked kitchen and bar, rooms tailored to suit each and every need known to man, and Cable television.

So with that, you should all have been transported relatively safety into the kitchen, where the Aperture Science Automated Grappling Undercover Turret should be observing you. Get to know each other, and try not to stain the carpets. We're about to make some science. Cave Johnson out."

Rules of the RP:

Number 1: NO god modding. We're going to be pretty lenient, and to us, the only things that count as God Modding are the following. Absolute reality warping powers, ignoring someone else's post if it had some kind of action related to your character, and instantly solving plot related elements with the bat of an eye, unless it's funny.

Numero Dos: We only want Video Game characters, people. That means no Powerpuff girls, no Kamina, and no Oprah Winfrey. You are allowed to have characters that were originally from video games that were incorporated into some other form of media, but if they came form anything other than a video game, it's not happening. and if you get smart with us an pick a character from a TV show that got a video game and say that's why you're getting them, we will find you.

C: I can't stress this one enough. This is a COMEDIC RP. We're not going for a great plot, but we'll sure as hell try, and we're definitely not going for a STRICT plot. If you can make something more humorous, by all means, if it doesn't totally destroy something else, do it.

Quattuor: Any flame wars started in this thread over whose video game or video game character is better will result in you being removed. This is an RP, not an e-peen contest, people.

Pentagon: No Isaacs allowed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This RP is brought to you by Fury Is Me., your GM for this evening. Credit to Elricik for the original idea, and if he finds this, he is more than welcome to become either a player or an influencing member of the RP.

Remember people, we want this to be funny and nonsensical, so feel free to use some Fanon for your character, if necessary, but don't go over board.

I was just told, in no uncertain terms, to f*** off. So I'm moving all my furniture out, starting with the sheet.

I will definatley write something up for this, tomarrow probably.

I would like to participate, good sir.

I do apologize for the long sheet. There was just so much to put into the bio, and I didn't know how to cut it down.

it'd be cool if you let me join.

I hope i will get accepted.

Designing sheet.

Hopefully that is okay, If anything seems out of place let me know.

Apologies to anyone who did not get in, but we have limited availability.

In addition, we're going to be using an old friend from the original VGE

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/view/Reality-TV-Video-Game-Editions-RP

Well, damn...So what did it?
-My inability to put the words "I want to have fun here" in my sheet like everyone else?
-That little feud I had with Booster before the dawn of time?
-Booster PM'ing you and reminding you of it?
-Or is it just that the entire world is out to get me, one tiny piece of it at a time? That's the theory I generally believe in...

Seriously though, 7/8? How hard could it possibly be to squeeze in one more person? And you never said anything about a character limit... more proof for the theory that you kicked me out specifically for being called leet_x1337, not because of luck of the draw.

The COWH sat silently in the middle of the lava ridden death pool that was the center of the earth, being kept at a sustainable, and comfortable temperature of room temperature. By this time, the trans-dimensional test subjects should be arriving, in the large, luxurious, Gothic/Victorian kitchen of the COWH, with a long, 30 person, elegant table in the middle. the walls were lined velvet red, and in a corner sat a hulking monstrosity of a machine, wearing a beige business suit, a mustache, and fake eyeglasses with eyeballs in them. His body was much much too large for his stubby legs, and he fumed steam constantly. The captives, em, test subjects, had all been dropped, respectively, into a chair. The voice of a man blared over an unseen electronic device, along with some science-y sounding music.

"Cave Johnson here, and I- Back away from my face, Wheatley, you're only getting my mouth. Ahem, as i was saying. This week is the Second annual Aperture Science Shark Week, and we've stripped you non-existent, totally unimportant individuals from your own universe to test out Aperture Science's new Center Of the World Home, COWH.

We here at Aperture science have attempted to make this newest experiment safer than our first annual Aperture Science Shark Week experiment, where we genetically modified Magma-dwelling Sharkmen to work the menial grunt work around the labs. We lost three lab technicians that day, but who cares? They're replaceable. Back to the point.

We've surrounded this house with a 100%, quality grade Aperture Science Clear Orbital Containment Kevlar and given you an area outside with a suitable size for your recreational purposes. Look, there's even a little sandbox with some toys and other things children would like! We've also used our patented Aperture Science Insulating Super Heat Absorbing Silicate to protect your fragile bodies from the intense heat of the earth's core; just try not to breathe in too much of it.

In addition, i think it only fair to say that the COWH has a failsafe should any of you decide to try to leave the Aperture Science Clear Orbital Containment Kevlar, in that you will go boom. there will be a big mess, and the guys at the lab will have to clean it up, and I'm fairly certain they don't want to spend their Sunday afternoons cleaning up the slurry of your blood and the rubble of the house. The house has been accommodated with a well stocked kitchen and bar, rooms tailored to suit each and every need known to man, and Cable television.

So with that, you should all have been transported relatively safety into the kitchen, where the Aperture Science Automated Grappling Undercover Turret should be observing you. Get to know each other, and try not to stain the carpets. We're about to make some science. Cave Johnson out."

Chell fell out of the ceiling through a portal, and into the kitchen of the COWH, after listening to Cave Johnson, a voice she was familiar with from her misadventures IN SCIENCE.
"Oh noes, I'm back. I'm a sad Chell now." she whispered looking around the room, and figure she should just deal since this stuff happens all the time when you work for Aperture Science, so why question what the recorded voice of Cave Johnson was even saying. She was now in a reality show at the center of the world...sure why not

She stood up and made sure she had a tight grip on her Portal Device, holding it close. dusting off her orange jumpsuit she took a good look at everyone else, they were some odd people, an emo angel with pretty hair, a maid, a little girl, a guy with an eye patch one was even a big fuzzy koala, though what caught her eye most was the cube man, Chell has a thing for cubes.

"OOOOOOH Loookie Its peoples I love peoples, HIYA PEOPLES I'm Chell and Imma be you're best friend in the WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLE WORLD!" she said loud and at high speed to the other people in the room.

Sakuya landed in a crouched ninja like position while studying her surroundings. Then a very loud shrill sound best described as wailing pierced her focus and she had to resist every urge to create a knife wall in that direction as her eyes turned a deep red.

If I had known this would have happened, I'd have brought more knives, or at the very least a sword.

She sighed, regaining her composure and blue eye color as she ignored the woman in the jumpsuit while eyeing the others suspiciously without a word. She took note of every available exit the room had, and eyed up the weapons everyone else had that she could see.

Another incident, and me without the Red-White or that magician.

Sephiroth didn't bother to sit down, holding his Masamune in his left hand, blade facing back. A strange new world, with an annoying woman it would seem. "You're annoying..." he said to her in his low voice. He couldn't even be bothered to check out the other people in the room. This world held no interest for him. He tried to summon the Jenova cells, but couldn't seem to be able to interact with them. What is the meaning of this?! I should be able to communicate with Mother. Even more reason to not stick around this world...

There didn't seem to be any way out, and it would appear that attempting to leave would be fairly fatal, so he would have to play along with whatever was going on. For now. However, he still had no interest in trying to get to know anyone else there.

Slightly disturbed, Motochika looked around, where was he? He then took notice of the other people in the room, especially the panda holding a keg of beer. "So... He started to say, "Anyone up for a race? Or some fine sake?" He finished as he jumped on his anchor-tipped spear, riding it like a surfboard while it hovered a few inches above the ground.

Grabbing a flask from his belt, he drank some before shaking his head and putting the flask away. "That is some strong stuff."

Chen fell from the ceiling, obliterating his chair with his large body and landing himself smack dab on the floor, but still holding his large keg. He made his way to his feet, using the keg to help, and took a quick look around, noting a lot of the people were generally human looking. He had not met a lot of humans in his journeys, but he knew what one looked like. He looked curiously around at all the new faces, and all the new types of hair. At least three of them had silver hair, which interested Chen, and he walked over to the tall one with the long sword and examined it with his free hand, still holding his keg in the other.

"Ohhh very nice, It is rare that I see human, and with silver hair!" He said in a curious manner, having a bit of a oriental accent on it. He stopped playing with it quickly when he realized something alcoholic was opened in the vicinity. He took a quick look at his goods to make sure he was not spilling any of his goods, and then took a look at the man that had just taken a swig of his stuff. He got up closer, sniffing the whole way, and prodded the mans side, finding the flask and picking it up quickly, uncorking it and taking a little bit to drink himself. He smacked it around in his mouth for a little before swallowing, and took a look at the man. "Sake, it is pretty good too." He said as he gave the flask back and reached for his own, a flask labeled XXX in bold print, with some more x's scratched in beneath that, obviously done by one of the panda's claws. He shoved it toward the man and offered him a swig of it."It is only fair." He said with a smile.

Seeing the panda drinking his sake and offering his own drink in return, he chuckled. "Don't mind if i do." After Taking a swig of the the drink, he rested his anchor on his shoulder and extended his hand.

"I'm Motochika Chōsokabe, the Sea Devil of the West, do you mind if i ask who you are, and what you just gave me, becuase i could use a flask of that."

He placed his flask back to his belt and set his large keg on the table, and took the mans hand and gave it a huge shake with his very large panda hand.

"My name is Chen Stormstout, I am a Brewmaster of my people. What you drank was a brew of my own concoction, it does not have a name yet, but it needs one yes? I use it mostly to settle my stomach on occasion, so maybe something to do with that?" He said with a huge laugh that shook his own belly. "I needed to know where you were with drinking before I offered you something hard." He said while wiping away a few tears that had formed while he was laughing.

Seeing that the panda, now known as Chen was laughing, he chuckled a bit in response. "I have a feeling we'll become good friends. As for the drink, maybe Ochitsukeru? It means to calm/to settle in my language."

Turning towards the maid, he spoke. "What about you, maid girl? Got a taste for sake?"

About .05 seconds after loudly greeting her new friends...IN SCIENCE, she was already bored. She heard the Pirate ask for a race, but when she turned to accept the challenge, He was drinking with the Koala, and offering more to the maid.
She fired a blue Portal on the ground Behind him, And fired an orange one under herself, this launched her up out of the Blue one as she collapsed onto the Pirate.
"Hiya there Mr. Eyepatch, I wanna race you." said Chell in a normal in door voice.

"Okay... To where?" Motochika said to the delusional woman. "Because I'm more then ready!" He then jumped on his hovering surfpla... Anchor Spear and started flying small circles around the woman.

The intercom sounding voice of Cave Johnson blared through the unseen intercom device, which probably meant said device was an intercom, yet again, and the science-y sounding tune in the back played again. "Cave Johnson here. I hope you've all had some time to at least exchange your names. For the time being, until this experiment is over, this house is your to explore and live within, so feel free to wander around aimlessly until you die of starvation or just find a room to fall asleep in every night. Either way, before you go, we're going to treat all of you. To Cake!"

In front of every chair, little trap doors slid open on the table and from out of them slid a large slice of cake on a fine plate for each table. Despite the table's underside being clearly visible as empty, this was still possible. The cake looked like this,

just cut into pieces.

Chell heard the word CAKE!!!!! and she dropped everything, she would race Mr. Eyepatch man after CAKE time, and turned her attention to the sweet delicious cake. "cake, Cake CAAAAAAAAKKKKEEEE!!!! WAHAHAHAHAHA" she screamed. SHE would be its master and it would reside in her tummy.

She snatched the piece int front of her and ran to the corner. She set a portal on the wall and then one by one shot connecting portals under everyone's slice, while she did this she had her mouth up to the orange wall portal to catch the cake in her mouth.

Sweatdropping, Motochika hopped off his anchor and took a healthy swig of sake. "I'm going to be drunk at the end of the week. How about you, maid girl? Want some of the good stuff?."

The panda that came up to Sephiroth was odd indeed, but not something that would cause Sephiroth to raise an eyebrow. "I'll have you know I'm no human. I am a Cetra, the last one. Your simple mind wouldn't understand it..." he said before the panda left.

Hearing the same voice from earlier from...somewhere, Sephiroth took a look at the cake presented for him. He didn't really care, but he had to eat something. He reached for it, but the girl in the orange jumpsuit, who had introduced herself as Chell, used her strange device to take his slice away. He shrugged and decided to sit down on the chair in front of him, placing his Masamune on the table, but not letting go of it. I hope they will have more food for us again...

The intercom blared again, playing the same science-y tune before Cave Johnson started speaking again. "Cave Johnson here. Now that all, or possibly just one of you, has had the opportunity to eat dessert, I hope you'll all try to find what the house has to offer you. Just stay out of the room at the end of the long hallway with the smell of bakery goods coming from it on the third floor. Try to find a room for yourself. The house is made with Aperture Science Portal technology, making it 50 times bigger on the inside than the outside, and all the bedrooms are different. It shouldn't be hard, even for a retarded hamster, to find a room he'd like. If you need help, talk to the Aperture Science Automated Grappling Undercover Turret that's been standing in the room the whole time, watching you all like a hawk. Cave Johnson out."

The person in the corner, fuming steam from every pore and who totally wasn't a robot, wave his comically over sized hand at the mention of his name by Cave Johnson.

"Yo bot-thingy, you got like, a pirate ship or something?" Motochika asked.

As the last slice cake fell into Chell's mouth, a realization happened. "ITS NOT A LIEEEEE!"
she shouted.
After Mr. Johnson's latest message she made a mental note to find this room she wasn't supposed to go to and eat all the cakes.
BUt first it was time to find a place to sleep and for once it wouldn't be a hole in the wall of a test chamber, or the grass, outside. THough it wouldn't be he same with out cube's snuggles

"NEGATORY, FLESHLING. I MEAN. NO, WE DO NOT, FELLOW HUMAN BEING. BOY. I IT SURE FEELS GOOD TO... BREATH OXYGEN, DOESN'T IT?" Replied the ASAGUT to Motochika in a very not robot-y sounding voice. If he had pupils, they would be darting back and forth.

"..." Motochika sighed "I'll take the one next to Chen's then, might get me some more sake."

Chell stood up after totally stealthily eating all the cake, walked up to Motochika, "Hiya Mr. Eyepatch, did ya wanna have that race now, and weird about all that cake vanishing like that huh?" she asked of the demon pirate

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked