Eye of the Black Marsh: A Tamriel Adventure

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 NEXT

"Wake up. Or don't. I don't care." the High Elf in the bed across from you said snidely as you awoke from your nightmarish sleep. "The guards are on their way. Are you ready to die today?"

As if on cue, an Imperial in gold armor(which you can only imagine would be terrible actual combat), flanked by two lesser guards, came out of the dark towards your cell.

You remembered now. You were on a boat, headed to the Black Marsh. To a labor camp. You were imprisoned, along with four others, and shipped to an Imperial mine here in Argonia.

"Prisoners..." the Imperial in shiny armor started, reading from a rather long scroll in a tone that sounded like he would rather be watching a mudcrab boil. "...I, the Warden of the Imperial Mineral Mine #242 hereby do introduce myself to you as both a boss and a friend. I will be assisting you in finding redemption and paying your sentence to the Empire..."

And on and on he went, drearily reading from the same script he's read over a thousand times. Finally, he came to the end..."If you'll please stand up one at a time and introduce yourself..."

Name:

Race:

Crime:

Backstory:

Sign born under:(List here http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Birthsigns_(Oblivion))

Class:(Mage, Warrior, or Thief. You can be a Spell Sword or something, but just consider this your
"main" class)

Miscellaneous info:

Okay! This is the Eye of the Black Marsh. It's only my second RP of which I'm GMing, and I'm very excited for it. I want five players, but I MAY make room in special circumstance. PVP, if it comes up, will be like this: Player One attacks Player 2, and I, as the GM, will decide if the attack hit or not. Also, if you *really* want to, you can go to the other lands of Tamriel, or to another continent in Nirn. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask, because I feel like I should say more but can't think of anything. We'll start Sunday.

Looks nice. Do you have an overarching plot yer or are we going to improvise?

Oh, and this takes place right after Skyrim.

TheIronRuler:

A little bit of both. There will be a big story, but you can choose to do whatever you want, and I'll improvise as many side quests as needed.

TheDarkEricDraven:
Oh, and this takes place right after Skyrim.

TheIronRuler:

A little bit of both. There will be a big story, but you can choose to do whatever you want, and I'll improvise as many side quests as needed.

Just to be clear, Main skills would be Sneak, Archery and his speed. Moderate ones are swordsmanship and pick-pocketing, as Bosmer are naturally inclined towards thievery and sticky fingers...
Is that fine with you? Not too much?
What would be the structure of the Rp? Because if it's not party based, playing by myself (with your input) might get dull after a while.

TheIronRuler:

Just to be clear, Main skills would be Sneak, Archery and his speed. Moderate ones are swordsmanship and pick-pocketing, as Bosmer are naturally inclined towards thievery and sticky fingers...
Is that fine with you? Not too much?
What would be the structure of the Rp? Because if it's not party based, playing by myself (with your input) might get dull after a while.

Sounds good. But instead of just swordsmanship, choose short sword, long sword, or claymore. Wait, what am I talking about? This isn't a video game, I don't really know how "perks" would be helpful. A nice bit of fluff anyway, though, it just isn't very important. And party based, obviously.

Whew this was a pain to write, curse my impulse to fill in story.

sage42:

Why did the count want a random mace? Otherwise, everything is okay.

TheDarkEricDraven:

sage42:

Why did the count want a random mace? Otherwise, everything is okay.

image I'm an idiot and that was fixed.

A Gent of Villainous Intent:

Being too strong at just the age of 15 is a little unrealistic. Besides, I'm pretty sure Orcs live as long as other elves. Now that I think about it, the stealing a giants club at age six is silly too. Make him less of a Mary Sue.

Reserve me a spot please. I will likely have a sheet for tomorrow.

TheDarkEricDraven:

Being too strong at just the age of 15 is a little unrealistic. Besides, I'm pretty sure Orcs live as long as other elves. Now that I think about it, the stealing a giants club at age six is silly too. Make him less of a Mary Sue.

I would like to point out Horses can kill Dragons if determined enough.

And the stealing was basically running in, picking it up, and running away. Which is why I gave him The Steed.

Sorry if it made him seem like a Mary Sue. I'll change it post haste.

And the stealing was basically running in, picking it up, and running away. Which is why I gave him The Steed.

Sorry if it made him seem like a Mary Sue. I'll change it post haste.

That doesn't explain how he picked it up, especially since he would be so young at the time.

ImSkeletor:

Okay, forgive me for taking so long to read this. So, he fought in the civil war? In this RP, the Imperials won against Ulfric, in case that changes anything.

TheDarkEricDraven:

ImSkeletor:

Okay, forgive me for taking so long to read this. So, he fought in the civil war? In this RP, the Imperials won against Ulfric, in case that changes anything.

Actually thats a lot better for my character. I was hoping it turned out that way.

Yeah, I think I've only slept about 2 hours in the last two days so I'm feeling a little bit insane. I'm sorta hoping that isn't too blatantly apparent from my writing. >.<

Link_to_Future:

Yeah, I think I've only slept about 2 hours in the last two days so I'm feeling a little bit insane. I'm sorta hoping that isn't too blatantly apparent from my writing. >.<

If that is how you write when insomniec, you must be Tolkien when alert and sober. I don't think I caught a single mistake. I don't have a problem with this sheet either. At first I was going to ask you to age him up since he has been sent to a hard labor camp, but decided against it seeing as how with the Aldmeri Dominion in pseudo-charge, it's perfectly logical and in character for them to send a young boy to his most probable death for an accident.

The High Elves are assholes, huh?

TheDarkEricDraven:

Link_to_Future:

If that is how you write when insomniec, you must be Tolkien when alert and sober. I don't think I caught a single mistake. I don't have a problem with this sheet either. At first I was going to ask you to age him up since he has been sent to a hard labor camp, but decided against it seeing as how with the Aldmeri Dominion in pseudo-charge, it's perfectly logical and in character for them to send a young boy to his most probable death for an accident.

Elves in general are usually assholes. I consider myself a fairly rational human being but If elves did exist in the rally world, I would not be a fan to say the least.

TheDarkEricDraven:

Hehe...both alert AND sober? Guess I won't be redefining literature anytime soon. :P

Anyway, glad it's looking good. My biggest concern was about the age but I'm glad that it will work in this case. Should be kinda interesting to try and have someone come of age while on a TES style adventure. Be a bit of a counter-point to all these veterans.

Also, High Elves are probably my least favorite race by a long shot. >.<

Link_to_Future:

TheDarkEricDraven:

Hehe...both alert AND sober? Guess I won't be redefining literature anytime soon. :P

Anyway, glad it's looking good. My biggest concern was about the age but I'm glad that it will work in this case. Should be kinda interesting to try and have someone come of age while on a TES style adventure. Be a bit of a counter-point to all these veterans.

Also, High Elves are probably my least favorite race by a long shot. >.<

I have a question - The admin said that it's after the events in the Skyrim game, but as I remember it the mages' guild collapsed in the end of the third era... So do we ignore the lore there or tweak it a bit?

TheIronRuler:

Link_to_Future:
Snip

I have a question - The admin said that it's after the events in the Skyrim game, but as I remember it the mages' guild collapsed in the end of the third era... So do we ignore the lore there or tweak it a bit?

Ah, he has a point, Link.

TheDarkEricDraven:

TheIronRuler:

Link_to_Future:
Snip

Ah, he has a point, Link.

He may have a point but didn't something rise to take it's place? The Synod or something like that.

sage42:
He may have a point but didn't something rise to take it's place? The Synod or something like that.

A secret society that's hell bent on controlling magic via collecting old and powerful artifacts?
Not likely they'll let a child in. It's the Psyjic Order or some sort of similar spelling.
(Somehow reminds me of the Brotherhood of Steel)

They broke up my mages guild? :(

Ok, I'll be entirely honest, I'm the only person who hasn't played Skyrim yet so this whole development is new (and depressing) to me.

Also, I'm not seeing any analogues to the mages guild in Cyrodil at this point because it has not been established in the lore.

Therefore, if no one has any true opposition to it, I propose that an analogue to the guild has just been running in this city independently in the interim years. The nature of the organization itself is not all that important to my concept. Just the fact that I have studied. It isn't all that unreasonable to think that independent pocket factions of mages have popped up throughout the land in the vacuum that would have appeared with the collapse of a major power like that.

If that is too unruly, just let me know. I can figure out a way to make this work without it...as I said, the guild itself is thoroughly unimportant to the core of the character.

Link_to_Future:

Ok, I'll be entirely honest, I'm the only person who hasn't played Skyrim yet so this whole development is new (and depressing) to me.

Also, I'm not seeing any analogues to the mages guild in Cyrodil at this point because it has not been established in the lore.

Therefore, if no one has any true opposition to it, I propose that an analogue to the guild has just been running in this city independently in the interim years. The nature of the organization itself is not all that important to my concept. Just the fact that I have studied. It isn't all that unreasonable to think that independent pocket factions of mages have popped up throughout the land in the vacuum that would have appeared with the collapse of a major power like that.

If that is too unruly, just let me know. I can figure out a way to make this work without it...as I said, the guild itself is thoroughly unimportant to the core of the character.

I have a suggestion.
Jump the age to something higher and let him tag along with a wandering mage as his apprentice. Then after you had learned enough from him, steal his book (optional) sneak back to your parents' grave and try to awaken them. But because you couldn't read the inscriptions in the book properly, you've awoken all of the dead for a limited amount of time.

TheIronRuler:
I have a suggestion.
Jump the age to something higher and let him tag along with a wandering mage as his apprentice. Then after you had learned enough from him, steal his book (optional) sneak back to your parents' grave and try to awaken them. But because you couldn't read the inscriptions in the book properly, you've awoken all of the dead for a limited amount of time.

Well, the suggestion is appreciated. However, I've already got a couple ideas I'm kicking around about it that don't really require a jump in age (though to be frank I don't see why he would need to be older to be groomed by a traveling mage...I'm pretty sure a page started when he was 8). They were all variations on that idea though so kudos for knowing my thought process. ^_^

Also, I don't really want to be that specific on the reason why he failed in the sheet. Did he read it wrong or did he research the wrong spell? What even happened down in the crypt? I like to leave these specific details to the imagination until I can see how he fits into the chemistry of the group.

Link_to_Future:

.-snip-
Well, the suggestion is appreciated. However, I've already got a couple ideas I'm kicking around about it that don't really require a jump in age (though to be frank I don't see why he would need to be older to be groomed by a traveling mage...I'm pretty sure a page started when he was 8). They were all variations on that idea though so kudos for knowing my thought process. ^_^

Also, I don't really want to be that specific on the reason why he failed in the sheet. Did he read it wrong or did he research the wrong spell? What even happened down in the crypt? I like to leave these specific details to the imagination until I can see how he fits into the chemistry of the group.

Alright! Good luck with rewriting your bio, I hope I've been of some service.
When I think about it, my mer might be the same height as your boy considering he's a Bosmer...

The Synod and the Psijics are two different organizations. The Synod and another organization that has not yet been seen - a group called the College of Whispers - are what formed in the power vacuum that resulted from the fall of the Guild of Mages. Given the situation in the world, it is likely other such organizations have formed across Tamriel, allied to one faction or the next, and that's not even getting into groups like the College of Winterhold, which was always independent.

The Psijics, on the other hand, are a secret society stretching back to the dawn of the First Era and have counted as allies and pupils people like Sotha Sil and Mannimarco.

TheDarkEricDraven:

Link_to_Future:
Snip

There are still Mage colleges. http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/The_College_of_Winterhold

Not in Cyrodiil. The Mages College in Skyrim is unique...(Perhaps there are others that were not connected to the Mages Guild and survived but were not mentioned).
" In The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, the Mages Guild has been disbanded following the Great War, and the player can instead attend The College of Winterhold."
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Mages_Guild

PrinceOfShapeir:
The Synod and the Psijics are two different organizations. The Synod and another organization that has not yet been seen - a group called the College of Whispers - are what formed in the power vacuum that resulted from the fall of the Guild of Mages. Given the situation in the world, it is likely other such organizations have formed across Tamriel, allied to one faction or the next, and that's not even getting into groups like the College of Winterhold, which was always independent.

The Psijics, on the other hand, are a secret society stretching back to the dawn of the First Era and have counted as allies and pupils people like Sotha Sil and Mannimarco.

From the wiki, correct me if I'm wrong.
"Hailing for from Cyrodiil are The Synod, a group of Mages who came to Skyrim in hopes of finding artifacts of great magical power. The Synod scavenge magical relics from all over Tamriel, hoping to consolidate power for use as an element of political clout within the Imperium."
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/The_Synod
Meaning that they do hunt for ancient artifacts... That's all we know about them.

Yeah, both the Elder Scrolls wikis are pretty shoddy. One's barely got anything on it, the other has nothing on it from the books. The Synod are talked about in greater detail in 'The Infernal City'. Not a -lot- greater detail, mind you, but still greater detail.

PrinceOfShapeir:
Yeah, both the Elder Scrolls wikis are pretty shoddy. One's barely got anything on it, the other has nothing on it from the books. The Synod are talked about in greater detail in 'The Infernal City'. Not a -lot- greater detail, mind you, but still greater detail.

Then one would assume that Link to the Future could use the organisation instead of the Guild?
I would prefer if we would make as little guesses and assumptions as possible, but then... it's up to the GM.

I have to agree with the "little guesses and assumptions". If I have to make TOO much stuff up, I will have gotten a lot of stuff wrong when the next TES games comes out. Again, though, I will try my best if you go elsewhere in Nirn, but this is a very simple subject. My suggestion would be to either use the college in Skyrim or make up a similar organization in Cyrodiil.

Link_to_Future:

Other things that have happened since Oblivion, which took place 200 years earlier then Skyrim:

-Morrowind was ravaged by a volcano eruption

-Black Marsh succeeded and invaded Morrowind as payback for slavery

-Summerset Isle succeeded and took the lands of the Wood Elves and Kahjiit with them, forming the Aldmeri Dominion. They are complete cunts.

-They attack the Empire because they(read: The High Elf cunts) want the White-Gold Tower

-A long, Great War happens between the Empire and the Dominion.

-The Dominion wins, more or less. The two powers form a treaty.

-As expected, the Aldmeri act like cunts. Specifically, they demand that the Blades break up, same with the Mages Guild, and then they ban Talos worship, among other things.

-The Aldmeri are more or less pulling the Empires strings.

-

-The Dovahkiin wins an Imperial victory in Skyrim.

-Dovahkiin kills Alduin, bringing peace(for now) to Skyrim.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked