The Reaper's Game- a TWEWY RP: Week 1, Day 2 (Started, closed until end of arc)

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

You wake up on a street in the middle of Shibuya. You have no idea how you got there, or where that strange black pin in your hand came from. Suddenly, you receive a text on your cellphone: Reach Towa Records. You have two hours. Fail, and face erasure You are more confused than afraid, until you realize there is a timer on your hand. And it's ticking. 119:59, 119:58 119:57...
Thus the Reaper's Game has begun.

Welcome to the The World Ends With You RP! If you haven't played The World Ends With You, play it. It's awesome. But not doing so shouldn't stop you from enjoying this RP.

Premise: Basically, your character lived in Shibuya and has died before their time. To come back to life, they must complete a mission every day for a week. If they survive to the end of the week, they win.

Reapers: These are the guys trying to stop you from completing missions. While they cant attack players directly, they can freely summon animal-like monsters called Noise to fight for them. Missions will often require players to defeat these Noise. Noise also roam about independently, but they will not fight unless you use your Player Pin to initiate an attack.

Pins: What the player uses to fight. Each pin possesses a specific power (enhanced strength, telekinesis, controlling fire, etc.), but not every pin will work for each player. These Pins can be bought in stores, or given to you by others. The powers are very specific. For example, Freezing enemies is a different pin from raising an Icicle. The Player Pin, which each player starts with, can't be used in combat, but can be used to find and attack Noise and read the minds of people not in the Game,

Character sheets and any questions can go here. Feel free to PM me as well. If you're interested, but now's a bad time, new players will be accepted at the end of every week iRP.

Please note that this would be my first time GMing, so go easy on me. Advice will be appreciated, offers to co-GM will be considered.

My character sheet:

Edit:

Okay, we have started!

This looks really interesting, but yeah, I've never played TWEWY, but man it looks good. I'm going to try and get a sheet together for this I think.

I love TWEWY! Hell yeah, I'm interested.

Edit: Never mind, character sheet further down.

leet_x1337:
I'd join, but my time zone means I'll never be on at the same time as anyone else. I'll agree that TWEWY is an awesome game, though.

I'm in RPs with people all over the world man. Hell one of most frequent partners is from New Zealand. You shouldn't let something as silly as time zones stop you.

NeoAC:

leet_x1337:
I'd join, but my time zone means I'll never be on at the same time as anyone else. I'll agree that TWEWY is an awesome game, though.

I'm in RPs with people all over the world man. Hell one of most frequent partners is from New Zealand. You shouldn't let something as silly as time zones stop you.

Well, there's that...and I'll probably be pretty available for the next few days...I'll think of something.

leet_x1337:

Looks good. Glad you decided to make a sheet. Just a quick question, will people actively dislike him because of his entry fee, or just treat him like they would anyone else?

GoWithDAFro:

leet_x1337:
~self snip~

Looks good. Glad you decided to make a sheet. Just a quick question, will people actively dislike him because of his entry fee, or just treat him like they would anyone else?

Maybe I used "taken for granted" wrong. Basically, he knows it's there and uses it as much as possible (so I'll have to clarify that properly) so they'll treat him like anyone else who tries to boss them around.

let me just fix that

I'm posting interest, I'll be off school in a few days and i'll post a character then.

Just a side question, can you handle being a player and the GM at the same time. If its anything like the game there are a lot of mental puzzles, ones you would already know the answer to. It seems since there is a game to this Rp there would be threat of meta gaming.

VERY INTERESTED!!!!

It's 1 in the morning and I rushed writing it so tell me if you need anything changed.

I'm quite interested in this also, currently writing up my character at the moment. Just wondering however how long would I have to create my character?
Also this is my first time doing a role-play :)

I will add more later, as its 3:00 AM where I am haha

MeyJaX:
I'm quite interested in this also, currently writing up my character at the moment. Just wondering however how long would I have to create my character?
Also this is my first time doing a role-play :)

I will add more later, as its 3:00 AM where I am haha

No problem, take your time with the sheet. I haven't received enough of them to start yet anyway.

drisky:
I'm posting interest, I'll be off school in a few days and i'll post a character then.

Just a side question, can you handle being a player and the GM at the same time. If its anything like the game there are a lot of mental puzzles, ones you would already know the answer to. It seems since there is a game to this Rp there would be threat of meta gaming.

Yeah, I hear you. Don't worry, my character won't be solving the missions for you guys . If I receive an even number of player sheets, I might not even use him until a later week.

tobi the good boy:

It's 1 in the morning and I rushed writing it so tell me if you need anything changed.

Seems interesting. It might just be that you wrote it so late, but his personality seems kind of inconsistent right now. And I can kinda see this guy more as a Reaper as is.

GoWithDAFro:

drisky:

Yeah, I hear you. Don't worry, my character won't be solving the missions for you guys . If I receive an even number of player sheets, I might not even use him until a later week.

Like Joshua, then? Only without the same twists. And if you were planning on the same twists, well...

leet_x1337:

GoWithDAFro:

drisky:

Like Joshua, then? Only without the same twists. And if you were planning on the same twists, well...

I think that'd be a bit too obvious, considering TWEWY's plot. Unless of course, I'm just saying that to throw you off guard....

Holy poop this sounds fun. I'm going to submit a sheet.

GoWithDAFro:
Snip

I understand what you're saying and I'll change it if you want but I think the general Idea that I had was that the game had turned him into something he isn't and I wanted a rather sharp transition when the first week is over.

I do love TWEWY so I hope this character will be acceptable.

*sigh* I wish I knew how to do this Forum RP thing, TWEWY is one of my all-time favourite games.

Olrod:
*sigh* I wish I knew how to do this Forum RP thing, TWEWY is one of my all-time favourite games.

Just create a character and I'm certain everyone here could give you come pointers to help you get into the groove.

Okay, well the first thing I came up with was this...

Name: Earisu Apkami

Player or Reaper: Player

Entry Fee: Her compassion.

Personality: Cold and stern, has no concept of "overkill" and doesn't believe in ruth nor mercy.

Appearance: Earisu likes to dress in bright colours with cute motifs such as Hello Kitty, etc. She has short curly brown hair and big circular red-rimmed glasses.

History: Earisu grew up caring for her grandmother and after she passed away when Earisu was 14 years old, decided that she wanted to go into Nursing as a career after leaving school. She was killed by a drunk driver on her way home from grocery shopping one evening.

Speciality: Cure Drink & Healing pins.

What kind of things should I be looking to change or expand upon?

There we go, sheets up. Anything needs changing, let me know.

Fragrance of Mtn Dew:

I do love TWEWY so I hope this character will be acceptable.

NeoAC:
There we go, sheets up. Anything needs changing, let me know.

Both accepted. Good to have you here.

Olrod:
Okay, well the first thing I came up with was this...

Name: Earisu Apkami

Player or Reaper: Player

Entry Fee: Her compassion.

Personality: Cold and stern, has no concept of "overkill" and doesn't believe in ruth nor mercy.

Appearance: Earisu likes to dress in bright colours with cute motifs such as Hello Kitty, etc. She has short curly brown hair and big circular red-rimmed glasses.

History: Earisu grew up caring for her grandmother and after she passed away when Earisu was 14 years old, decided that she wanted to go into Nursing as a career after leaving school. She was killed by a drunk driver on her way home from grocery shopping one evening.

Speciality: Cure Drink & Healing pins.

What kind of things should I be looking to change or expand upon?

Not bad. Could you expand on her history a bit more, like what she did after her grandma died, and describe her personality before the Game? I'd also recommend reading this thread if you're new to RPing: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/540.116378-Escapist-role-playing-and-you

Character is up.

drisky:
Character is up.

"The drive to be a successful singer was her life." Seems like that drive would be her entry fee then, not her patience. Change some stuff around please.

sorry sorry sorry ill have my sheet up soon promise for real this time :P

my dad took the internet down cause the main computer has a virus and he seems to have gotten retarded with computers.

the sheets really real too, i just have to stick it on a usb and upload it from work...

Okay, so I'd say one or two more sheets would be good to start. If you had already started a sheet for the RP, then it'd be great to see it finished up and submitted.

I edited my character, personality did a 180 but it makes sense for the context of the game. Still an interesting character to play.

I was wondering if there is going to a group for this RP? It generally keeps the OOC from cluttering up the thread and helps in general coordination and sociability.

probably a skype group

drisky:
I edited my character, personality did a 180 but it makes sense for the context of the game. Still an interesting character to play.

Your sheet is accepted.

tobi the good boy:
I was wondering if there is going to a group for this RP? It generally keeps the OOC from cluttering up the thread and helps in general coordination and sociability.

A Skype group would be most effective. Does everyone here have it?

GoWithDAFro:

drisky:

Your sheet is accepted.

tobi the good boy:

A Skype group would be most effective. Does everyone here have it?

Unfortunately, no. I don't have a working microphone, so Skype wouldn't be that helpful. What I do have is a Steam account, and on a different RP I was in we planned to collaborate on Steam...

@l33t: not call, just the instant messaging

SkyeNeko:
@l33t: not call, just the instant messaging

Ah. I didn't know Skype was available for just IM.

let me just fix that

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked