Star Brigade: Interest Thread (Closed)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Krais101:
Okay! No problem! I'm changed it up there, but if you want me to re-post I can. If there is anything else you want changed let me know.

Edited is fine, if it gets accepted it'll be reposted under the OP anyway with all the others for easy access.

Interesting that we seem to have a primarily human crew. Makes sense given the ties it has to the Union.

Soviet Heavy:
Interesting that we seem to have a primarily human crew. Makes sense given the ties it has to the Union.

Well a majority human and crelm one would make sense.

avouleance2nd:

Soviet Heavy:

Maybe crelm don't make generally make good diplomats due to their predatory nature? So far out of all the entries including mine we have 7 humans and 4 non-humans, NPCs will probably make up some of the difference though :-P

JoJoDeathunter:

I am still recruiting and I don't 100% agree with AV2 about cyborgs not being allowed, I see no reason why not, so hang on and I'll edit this post when I've reached an agreement with him on your character.

Edit: It's been decided that a cyborg character is allowed, on the understanding that they are not a separate race to humanity, simply humans who have be helped with technology like modern day glasses wearers.

Well suppose I should of said I'm not like the Borg. I still have my humanity and emotions and all that jazz. I'm human, just with machine parts. And I changed where I was born to New Maya, since Mars isn't a choice.

So it's all fixed, and hope its all good.

Any ideas on ship design? I could come up with something.

JoJoDeathunter:

avouleance2nd:

Soviet Heavy:

Maybe crelm don't make generally make good diplomats due to their predatory nature? So far out of all the entries including mine we have 7 humans and 4 non-humans, NPCs will probably make up some of the difference though :-P

Ignoring the outrageous casual racism (which doesn't really make sense most crelm would never think of eating human).

I do find it weird that a peace keeping force designed to Stop Norg and Durra fighting doesn't actually contain Norg or Durras yet.
Also I have an idea which might help with the decision making and get some pre RP development in. If we open up this thread (Or another temporary one) we can have some of the NPCs (or new NPCs entirely) interviewing potential applicants (we could even set up tasks) Then anyone we want on-board can be offered the Job and anyone not chosen can be rejected. (and of course Interviews that aren't chosen just won't show up again).
Thoughts?

Tiger Sora:

JoJoDeathunter:

I am still recruiting and I don't 100% agree with AV2 about cyborgs not being allowed, I see no reason why not, so hang on and I'll edit this post when I've reached an agreement with him on your character.

Edit: It's been decided that a cyborg character is allowed, on the understanding that they are not a separate race to humanity, simply humans who have be helped with technology like modern day glasses wearers.

Well suppose I should of said I'm not like the Borg. I still have my humanity and emotions and all that jazz. I'm human, just with machine parts. And I changed where I was born to New Maya, since Mars isn't a choice.

I'm geting a 78% on the fineomiter so it look like it is.

Soviet Heavy:

I can see you being good at that. Me and JoJo should probably send you the various requirements for each race (Like the submerged sections for Crelm and such) but providing JoJo is on board go ahead.
I'll work on that requirements list.

Tiger Sora:

All good, choosing a planet in the Horizon system was a fitting choice for your character's past in mining as it's one of largest sites of SU mineral extraction. The results for who got in will out in one or two days.

Soviet Heavy:

Good point, that's something I hadn't thought of, if you want to design something then go ahead. As AV2 mentioned, requirements for various races are one aspect though it would be primarily designed for SU races with others coming as a secondary situation. I can't think of many other specific requirements, other than it needs to be able to land on planets and should probably have some sort of escape system.

avouleance2nd:

JoJoDeathunter:

Ignoring the outrageous casual racism (which doesn't really make sense most crelm would never think of eating human).

I do find it weird that a peace keeping force designed to Stop Norg and Durra fighting doesn't actually contain Norg or Durras yet.
Also I have an idea which might help with the decision making and get some pre RP development in. If we open up this thread (Or another temporary one) we can have some of the NPCs (or new NPCs entirely) interviewing potential applicants (we could even set up tasks) Then anyone we want on-board can be offered the Job and anyone not chosen can be rejected. (and of course Interviews that aren't chosen just won't show up again).
Thoughts?

Racism takes on a different meaning though when it comes to different species. Racism between different ethnic groups of humans doesn't make much sense since we're all pretty much the same give or take a few minor physical characteristics, on the other hand considering crelm are a different phylum to humanity with a completely different path to sapience it's more credible they might have a different mindset to humans.

It may not be that weird that there aren't norg or durras present on the ship, in-fact thinking about it the SU might have deliberately prevented any members of those two species joining this mission. The reason? This way the DC will appear neutral to both sides, for example if a durras notices a norg on the team meeting her she may assume that the DC are on the norg side.

As for the final part, it's an interesting idea but I think sheets are enough really to judge, I've already gravitated towards a "yes" or "no" answer on most the sheets present so it would be a waste of time. The more pertinent question I'm still thinking over is how many to let in as a maximum? I've been a player in two RPs (on had 12 players, the other 17) which ended up sinking partly due to too many players, the former lost all but 4 players within a month and a half but eventually pulled through, the other just fell apart altogether. Both those were poorly managed though so the same might not happen here if we plump for a large number.

JoJoDeathunter:

Snip

If not racism maybe oversimplification of racial characteristics (serotyping if you will) after all saying all crelm only see the world as things to eat is like saying men only see women as sex object yes there is the most basic truth to it but it's hardly everything and there are exceptions.
But anyway as for players Maybe 8/10? Or 15 and we make the first section fairly dangerous so anyone dropping behind can be removed (removed to death). Then 4/5 NPC's since it looks like we'll have the numbers.
Finally it looks like I'll need to find a different excuse to pre-RP and pastime. Or I could just do it anyway since it isn't really going to be of consequence (since I can't go against you and have to interest in doing so) that and it could be fun.
Anyone up for some pre-rp stuff?

Or prehaps we could meet in a meta RP?
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/540.207020-The-Pub-A-Meta-RP-Always-Open

Here is the beginning of my character, ill add more when i have more free time

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I HAD AN ENTIRE SHEET WRITTEN UP

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

THEN THE FUCKING SITE TIMED OUT AND IT GOT DELETED

BWAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA

A Gent of Villainous Intent:
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

BWAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA

Its okay. do you wanna talk about it?

Well I got round to re-doing my character this ones a bit better I think ,well it makes more sense at any rate

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

BWAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA

Dude do it as a text document then copy paste it then you don't have to put upwith the sites asshatery

Bravo 21:
Snip

Having written the Ferrax, I'd say you got what I was aiming for. I admit I hadn't thought up any sort of naming system for the species, so yours works.

In other news, I'm working on the ship's exterior. I'm going for a design that can land on water or on land, and I've made considerations for Crelm housing on board.

Soviet Heavy:

Bravo 21:
Snip

Having written the Ferrax, I'd say you got what I was aiming for. I admit I hadn't thought up any sort of naming system for the species, so yours works.

In other news, I'm working on the ship's exterior. I'm going for a design that can land on water or on land, and I've made considerations for Crelm housing on board.

Sounds like you're doing what we need. Thanks.
You might also want to put in something that allows us to maintain orbit and send down a shuttle just in case we need it.
Not to mention being able to hide from Frel detection would help, I'm not sure if it's possible but if anyone can manage it it'd be an astrid.
Which reminds me being from a mixed species family Kalade should technically have some Astrid properties as well. Maybe the extra thumb and bio-loom.

avouleance2nd:

Finally it looks like I'll need to find a different excuse to pre-RP and pastime. Or I could just do it anyway since it isn't really going to be of consequence (since I can't go against you and have to interest in doing so) that and it could be fun.
Anyone up for some pre-rp stuff?

Or prehaps we could meet in a meta RP?
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/540.207020-The-Pub-A-Meta-RP-Always-Open

I've no objections to anyone-else meeting up in the Pub, sadly I'm too busy right now :-(

Bravo 21:
Muokilaxese

Nice to see someone-else playing an alien, no objections to this sheet, it appears almost finished so you shouldn't have much editing left (neatingly a little might help)

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

BWAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA

Gah, this site has been annoying since the update. Try to get it in by tomorrow if you can since I may close the thread then.

theonecookie:
Well I got round to re-doing my character this ones a bit better I think ,well it makes more sense at any rate

Cool, more detail is always good.

Soviet Heavy:

Good to hear, I'll be interested to see what you come up with.

Out of curiosity when do applications close?

Hrm. I'll write something up, but only if you fix something in the Norg description - Can they detect muscle movements or mussel movements? Because being able to figure out where Crelm are sounds kinda dull.

I think I might accidentally be developing a "thing" where I register interest and point out flaws.

I'll spend the next couple of days reading up fully on the lore, but for now I've just read what was in the OP.

EDIT: Oops, I accidentally a sheet in less than two hours. Tell me anything that needs improving etc.

SeanTheBlueSheep:
Hrm. I'll write something up, but only if you fix something in the Norg description - Can they detect muscle movements or mussel movements? Because being able to figure out where Crelm are sounds kinda dull.

I think I might accidentally be developing a "thing" where I register interest and point out flaws.

I'll spend the next couple of days reading up fully on the lore, but for now I've just read what was in the OP.

EDIT: Oops, I accidentally a sheet in less than two hours. Tell me anything that needs improving etc.

It's different and that should give you a chance.
And if that's the problem you found with as much information as we've made its fine.
But for clarity the norg have muscle senses because of the electromagnetic pluses. And yes it does allow them to counter Crelm invisibility.
Any other problems?

avouleance2nd:

SeanTheBlueSheep:

It's different and that should give you a chance.
And if that's the problem you found with as much information as we've made its fine.
But for clarity the norg have muscle senses because of the electromagnetic pluses. And yes it does allow them to counter Crelm invisibility.
Any other problems?

Not to my knowledge. And yeah, I figured as much, I just needed to point out the typo.
Still, if there's anything that seems off or that needs fixing, just tell me.

Krais101:
Out of curiosity when do applications close?

They'll close around mid-day on 24th December. Until then anyone can edit an already submitted sheet. Some time on the 24th I'll announce who made it in. I'll be away from home from 25th (Christmas!) until 29th December so the RP won't start until the 29th, hope no-one minds the delay.

SeanTheBlueSheep:

[[Til Wing]]

Good character, we haven't got a counsellor yet, I'd be very surprised if I don't end up accepting this sheet when the thread closes. The full information was written by a number of authors who you can see credited at the bottom of the OP so unfortunately there is the occasion mistake from some of the less-grammatically careful ones... if you see anything-else, let avouleance2nd know since he's in charge of that part.

BTW, any relation to this guy: SeanTheSheep?

JoJoDeathunter:
...the RP won't start until the 29th, hope no-one minds the delay.

SeanTheBlueSheep:

[[Til Wing]]

Good character, we haven't got a counsellor yet, I'd be very surprised if I don't end up accepting this sheet when the thread closes. The full information was written by a number of authors who you can see credited at the bottom of the OP so unfortunately there is the occasion mistake from some of the less-grammatically careful ones... if you see anything-else, let avouleance2nd know since he's in charge of that part.

BTW, any relation to this guy: SeanTheSheep?

Yeah, I figured, I just tend to be a little finicky.

As for the other Sean, no, I just happen to be another Sean, born on the same day (of a diferent year), from the same area, with an eerily similar outlook on life.
The prevailing theory is that he is me from the future, returned to the past to complete the timeloop we/I have locked myself into.

If you want to see weird though, you should see me and his niece-in-all-but-blood talk. It's like conversing with a snarky, girl shaped mirror.

Also, as a minor issue, I'm not here from the 28th to the 3rd, so I might be a bit of a latecomer. Quite a few people might be out and about between Christmas and New Year though, so on a purely speculative level, it might be best to wait until the new year to start.
That's just my unprofessional deductipn though, so discard it joyously if you wish.

Tell me if anything needs to be changed or not. Also, is there an official ship name yet?

Edit: Added the birth planet

And the Escapist double posted me...

So, I noticed there's another pilot, should I change, or will we be good with a pair of pilots?

SeanTheBlueSheep:

As for the other Sean, no, I just happen to be another Sean, born on the same day (of a diferent year), from the same area, with an eerily similar outlook on life.
The prevailing theory is that he is me from the future, returned to the past to complete the timeloop we/I have locked myself into.

If you want to see weird though, you should see me and his niece-in-all-but-blood talk. It's like conversing with a snarky, girl shaped mirror.

Also, as a minor issue, I'm not here from the 28th to the 3rd, so I might be a bit of a latecomer. Quite a few people might be out and about between Christmas and New Year though, so on a purely speculative level, it might be best to wait until the new year to start.
That's just my unprofessional deductipn though, so discard it joyously if you wish.

That is a good point, it would be helpful to know about prospective absences over the next week from anyone who has one, if enough people are away at a certain time then the RP could wait. At-least I'm intending to have a small introductory part leading from the flavour text at the beginning of the OP to get everyone settled in before the first proper mission starts so it won't be a disaster if a few characters have to be "asleep" or "having a shower".

SHEET IN PROGRESS

SHEET IN PROGRESS

Berenzen:

[[Alexander Murphy Gass]]

Tell me if anything needs to be changed or not. Also, is there an official ship name yet?

Nothing needs to be changed but there one additional bit of information I'd like, which planet was Xander born and raised on?

It's been implied that the name of the ship is the "Star Brigade", though that might just be the nickname of the 7th Diplomatic Corps, I'll leave the final decision on the name down to Soviet Heavy since he's kindly designing the ship layout for us.

So, I noticed there's another pilot, should I change, or will we be good with a pair of pilots?

Two pilots is possible, not every sheet up so far will definitely be accepted into the final cut but it looks like I'll be aiming for a larger number of players so double roles are possible. To be honest, we've already got pretty much every role covered by at-least one sheet so I'd recommend sticking with pilot.

JoJoDeathunter:

SeanTheBlueSheep:

That is a good point, it would be helpful to know about prospective absences over the next week from anyone who has one, if enough people are away at a certain time then the RP could wait. At-least I'm intending to have a small introductory part leading from the flavour text at the beginning of the OP to get everyone settled in before the first proper mission starts so it won't be a disaster if a few characters have to be "asleep" or "having a shower".

"Having a shower" just sounds inappropriate.

SeanTheBlueSheep:

Not one for a bit of hot crelm on norg action?

Mae Rutan

I'll be interested to see where this one goes.

JoJoDeathunter:

SeanTheBlueSheep:

Not one for a bit of hot crelm on norg action?

No, that's not the issue. What a Mezian does with its Shamund in private is its own business, I just thought it would be amusing to draw attention to the innuendo.

Some of my bio had gotten eaten, so I fixed it up and did abit of polishing.
Also removed the engineering job title from my guy. He may be a jack of trades, but I guess I felt it better to just stick to being a pilot / Ex-Merc. I've only so many arms..... but we could fix that I guess. Muhaha.

Changed my character a bit so now he's a pasifist. He still carries the gun though.

Tiger Sora:
Some of my bio had gotten eaten, so I fixed it up and did abit of polishing.
Also removed the engineering job title from my guy. He may be a jack of trades, but I guess I felt it better to just stick to being a pilot / Ex-Merc. I've only so many arms..... but we could fix that I guess. Muhaha.

TheBlueShotgun0:
Changed my character a bit so now he's a pasifist. He still carries the gun though.

Very good, as a general note for everyone you've have until around tomorrow mid-day UK time to edit sheets before I make my final decision, I will start considering them to tonight though so if you do edit anything from now please notify me like these guys have!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked