Star Wars: Cold War! [Accepting Profiles]

Pages PREV 1 . . . 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 NEXT

Stalydan:

Seeing the ship leave, Hann exited the Firespray. He looked at Xyras in a new light. Not only was he an able fighter, he was a good negotiator. He'd single handledly avoided further bloodshed and possibly given the two Jedi more time to plan any confrontations with any organisation.

"Master, there's some radio chatter an attack the senate. Senator Dryvan and Senator Ueda have been shot by an unknown assailant and a rocket launcher was fired in the chamber. What do you wish to do?"

Xyras
"We shall investigate. It is unlikely that Ryn has begun his inevitable attack so early, but we must check if there are any possible leads." Xyras said, as they got into the ship.
He diverted full power to shields at the front of the ship, to protect them from the smashed windscreen's holes.
"First, we must repair the windscreen. It won't take long..." He said as they flew to a nearby repair station. In a matter of half an hour, the advanced repair droids had refilled the breaks, and the Jedi set off for the location of the assassination.
"I doubt they'll find Ryn'Talos before he wants to be found. According to records, he has been dead for over 550 years... I still don't know how he kept himself alive. Another mystery to add to the pile." He pondered as they neared their destination.

Ryn'Talos
The last Stormtrooper fell from the air as Ryn finished choking him.
He sat down at the controls, and began re-activating the factory, and it clattered and moaned into life after those years inactive. He ignored the production of regular of Battle Droids, and instead diverted all resources to creating solely Supers. He input and his Sith colours, and ordered the creation of some maintenance and command droids to keep watch on the factory.
With that, he exited the building and left in search of others.
The checkmate was coming near, and he felt as though he was the only one with any moving pieces. The pawns in the Outer Rim would be the first to fall; he decided after he raided two more factories he would began the stirring of rebellious ideals amongst key planets, instigating a war he would swiftly emerge the victor in.

Captain Pirate:

"We shall investigate. It is unlikely that Ryn has begun his inevitable attack so early, but we must check if there are any possible leads." Xyras said, as they got into the ship.
He diverted full power to shields at the front of the ship, to protect them from the smashed windscreen's holes.
"First, we must repair the windscreen. It won't take long..." He said as they flew to a nearby repair station. In a matter of half an hour, the advanced repair droids had refilled the breaks, and the Jedi set off for the location of the assassination.
"I doubt they'll find Ryn'Talos before he wants to be found. According to records, he has been dead for over 550 years... I still don't know how he kept himself alive. Another mystery to add to the pile." He pondered as they neared their destination.

"Well... what if he's been alive?" Hann suggested "You told me people are discovering new things about the force all the time. What if he found immortality? Or just some way to live forever..."

Hann sat in the co-pilot seat for a couple of seconds, pondering the idea of immortality. "It couldn't be possible, could it?". It was a startling concept that somebody could live forever naturally but if somebody had found a way to make it happen by using the Force. It didn't seem right to him to disrupt the life cycle. Death was always an inevitable thing but it was what spurred people onto making the most out of their lives. Prehaps Talos thought differently.

"Master... it is vain of me to ask this, I know, but would you comment on my battlefield performance. I've not fought in a number of years, especially with blades, so I would like to know if my performance was satisfactory"

Stalydan:

"Well... what if he's been alive?" Hann suggested "You told me people are discovering new things about the force all the time. What if he found immortality? Or just some way to live forever..."

Hann sat in the co-pilot seat for a couple of seconds, pondering the idea of immortality. "It couldn't be possible, could it?". It was a startling concept that somebody could live forever naturally but if somebody had found a way to make it happen by using the Force. It didn't seem right to him to disrupt the life cycle. Death was always an inevitable thing but it was what spurred people onto making the most out of their lives. Prehaps Talos thought differently.

"Master... it is vain of me to ask this, I know, but would you comment on my battlefield performance. I've not fought in a number of years, especially with blades, so I would like to know if my performance was satisfactory"

"For someone so inexperienced in Lightsaber combat, you handled yourself expertly. Still, training there is left for you to go through, and forms and techniques to master. One thing you must value above all else, though, young Hann, is this: Let the Force guide you. Feel your next move, don't think. In times of distress, or lack of tactics, simply feel the Force's energy flow through you, and allow it to guide your decision." Xyras taught, as the Firespray landed, and the duo exited the ship.

"Now, where are we headed?"

Captain Pirate:
"For someone so inexperienced in Lightsaber combat, you handled yourself expertly. Still, training there is left for you to go through, and forms and techniques to master. One thing you must value above all else, though, young Hann, is this: Let the Force guide you. Feel your next move, don't think. In times of distress, or lack of tactics, simply feel the Force's energy flow through you, and allow it to guide your decision." Xyras taught, as the Firespray landed, and the duo exited the ship.

"Now, where are we headed?"

"A trip to the Senate Chambers wouldn't be a bad idea though I feel like it may not the right move at this particular moment. We could possibly cause more problems than we can solve. For now, I think we should head to the Jedi Temples. If Ryn'Talos has returned and is as dangerous as you predict then it would be a smart decision to inform the council about this. At the very least, we could spread word across the galaxy among Jedis to be on the look out for him"

A goof portion of the students and weak minded jedi were gone from the temple, close to a hundred. They were all in the bay of The Liberator, conversing aungst one another. It seemed as though they all came here of their own accord.
Pana saw through the force the two others, Xyras and Hann. she sile and lefft them a little mental note.

Check Mate

The Liberator took off and into the aatmosphere, then into space. The ship jumped to hyperspace an was soon down in the landing area of the abandoned city.
Pana pulled up a secue channel to Ryn. "After you get back, can you show me the dark ways of the force master?" she asked him.

Tiger Sora:
*snip*

Witty Name Here:
*snap*

Vorir swiftly exited the balcony pod and sprinted for one of the lifts. There were a few senatorial guards running about the hallway, scrambling to find out just what went wrong. A couple of them noticed the elder senator-figure holding the rifle and fleeing. They raised their blasters and one of them shouted, "Halt, or we'll fire!" Luckily the rest of the clip of the rifle was loaded with standard ammunition, because Vorir turned in mid-run with the intention of firing upon them. With expert targeting, he fired once and again, shooting the guard that spoke and the one under his command in the shoulder. They both reeled and fell to the ground, incapacitated. They'll live, the assassin thought as he stepped onto the lift. No doubt one of the guards, barely conscious, reported the incident to the other patrols.

Inside the lift, Vorir's formed shifted as he removed his senator's robes, revealing his jumpsuit, jerkin, and utility belt. The changes consisted of thick brown hair sprouting from the top of his head until he had a short, messy crop of it. The wrinkles were wiped from his face and his skin went from it's pale pigmentation for a light tan. He collapsed the rifle and holstered it, then retrieved his SureGrip gloves from one of the pouches. Standing on the railing that ran along the walls of the lift, the assassin was able to reach the hatch that led to the lift's roof. After clambering atop the lift and gaining a good foothold, he visually gauged the speed of the lift and mentally prepared for his next course of action. Vorir removed a small explosive and planted it onto the anchor to which the main support cable was tethered. The lift was rapidly approaching the lower floors as the assassin held onto the support cable and waited for the charge to detonate. It only took a few seconds before the charge detonated, creating an explosion that, due to the design of the casing, sent all of the force onto the anchor and effectively broke it.

The lift was suddenly sent into freefall, only to be slowed by the brakes, though just momentarily. Stressing the brakes with the weight of the lift in addition to the speed of the descent only caused them to snap completely, sending the lift back into freefall and rapidly gaining speed as it headed for the bottom of the shaft. Vorir was left hanging onto the swaying cable and began kicking his legs forward and back, swinging himself towards the third floor door. Once he reached it, he braced himself against the door by propping his legs between the jambs. With one hand on the cable, the assassin retrieved another explosive from his belt pouch, this one a bit larger and more volatile. He planted the explosive and kicked against the metal doors, pushing himself away from the blast radius. The explosive punched a large hole through the doors and as Vorir swung forward again, he released the cable at the top of his arc and slipped right through the hole. This level of the building was relatively empty; most guards, and likely politicians, headed straight for the ground floor. The assassin quickly ran through the halls for the side of the building from which he and Nova would make their escape.

Stalydan:

"A trip to the Senate Chambers wouldn't be a bad idea though I feel like it may not the right move at this particular moment. We could possibly cause more problems than we can solve. For now, I think we should head to the Jedi Temples. If Ryn'Talos has returned and is as dangerous as you predict then it would be a smart decision to inform the council about this. At the very least, we could spread word across the galaxy among Jedis to be on the look out for him"

Xyras
"Indeed. Good thinking, though I find it unlikely anyone will find him, the rest of the Order must be alerted." Xyras agreed, as the Firespray headed toward the Jedi Temple.
They arrived shortly, and attracted many perplexed looks from the Jedi going about their business. Nobody knew Xyras had a Padawan, or how it had come about.
As it happened, a council meeting was scheduled for that time, and Xyras arrived just before it was about to begin.

"Fellow Masters, forgive my interruption." He began, "However, this is a matter I feel of utmost importance. In the Archives some of you may have read the file on a Sith Lord of forgotten times; one Ryn'Talos."
A few heads nodded, others' eyes narrowed, their curiosity peaked.
"I fear this man has returned, and he seeks to destroy our Order."
Murmurs started, eyes widened, yet Master Skywalker remained unphased.
"Records indicate, Master Varik, that Ryn'Talos died while duelling Jedi Master Draas, over 500 years ago. What makes you think he has returned, and how?" He asked.

"I have seen him, in person. He has corrupted the mind of a Force-sensitive I was travelling with, and she has become his apprentice. I had a vision, given to me by Master Draas himself, of their final duel. Ryn did not die, Masters, he merely prophesised the coming of his apprentice. I do not know how he is alive, and my Padawan here theorised that perhaps it was through his mastery of the Dark Side, but..."
Xyras was interrupted by a Zabrak Jedi to his left.
"Impossible, nobody can achieve such a longevity through the Force, no matter how powerful. It has never been done!" He exclaimed.
"Perhaps not in the past. Either way, I suspect that he is a very real threat, and is very much alive. Now, -" Xyras again was interrupted, this time by Luke.
"Hold on, Master Varik, your Padawan?"
"Yes, Master Skywalker. I was travelling with Hann here, and he developed Force-sensitivity, something I have know is rare. In another of my visions, K'har spoke to me. He told me that Hann is the one K'har predicted would be there to stop Ryn's apprentice. With the Dark Lord's return, I felt it necessary to train him in the ways of the Force." Xyras explained.

There was a pause, as the council digested this news.
Upon accepting it, Master Skywalker spoke again.
"Thank you for informing us of this, Master Varik. It would explain the recent Dark presence I, and others, have felt. We shall inform the rest of the Order to be on the lookout for him. Council dismissed." He said, as the Jedi rose from their seats, and Xyras led Hann out of the chamber.
After finding Hann some Jedi robes, they returned to the Firespray.
"Now, let's have you build yourself a lightsaber.." Xyras said, as he input the coordinates to the Cyrstal Caves on Ilum.

mcpop9:

The Liberator took off and into the aatmosphere, then into space. The ship jumped to hyperspace an was soon down in the landing area of the abandoned city.
Pana pulled up a secue channel to Ryn. "After you get back, can you show me the dark ways of the force master?" she asked him.

Ryn'Talos
Ryn had acquired the other two desired facilities shortly, and was returning to Kamino.
"Of course, my Apprentice. How many Acolytes did you gather?" Ryn asked.
After she told him, he smiled.
"Good. Go to the empty hanger on the far west of the city. Have them fight each other... to the death. Encourage anger. Stimulate competition. Inspire hatred... When 20 of them lie dead, have the fight cease. I want them to know what they are in for..." Ryn instructed, grinning.

Captain Pirate:
snip

Pana led the group across the city, to the warehouse specified. She was up on an elevated platform above the group. "I can promise you all power, but i would be lieing, i can promise about 80 of you power. Find someone in the group that you hate, and fight. I can only promise you that you power will grow from killing them. If you kill a close friend, you will become far more powerful than the others. You split off into pairs of two and fight until 20 of you lay slain. Any of you who object to this?" she asked.

A pair steppe out. "We will never do-!" was as far as they got, pana was standing behind them, sabre drawn and activated. It took a few secongs before each of their heads fell off.
"18 left to die." she said and resumed her position elevated above them. The pairs bean to duel, slowloy stacking up the numbers of dead.

Rugal Safe House
Rugal woke up in a large bed then realised almost instantly where he was.
He got up and as more bloody bandages on his ribs.
He got dressed and limped over to his pilot and said "Take us back to R-Corp, I want to use the central Database to find this pricks...*Winces in pain*...ahhhh...and get show better implants..."

Caster gasped a bit, he knew what he was in for, yet getting shot hurt. He bit his lower lip, almost drawing blood, he felt the venom coursing through his veins. His vision blurred, his body became paler... Yet he still had time, he slowly crawled over to the corpse of the murdered senator, he searched the front pockets of the man, the data was there, just as Caster knew it would. "You were... Too damn... Paranoid to trust anyone else? Weren't you... You blubbering piece of filth?" Caster chuckled weekly, pocketing the Data quickly, before he would lose consciousness. He had what he came here for, Data straight from the new republic itself. There were some minor things, dirt on senators and so forth; but there was also valuable info... Mostly, an almost complete account of all known Sith and Jedi. This would help further the cause greatly. With that, Caster listened to the chaos all around him, no one was noticing him, they were too busy fleeing. He gave one more weak smile before falling into a deep slumber.

The Udea Vila, 15 years ago, Naboo...

Caster stared at the monitor for what felt like hours; he had been trying to learn chess recently, yet he was too stubborn to play against the Artificial Intelligence of the machine on any level other then "Hard". He would move a pawn, they moved a knight, he moved his bishop, they would retreat. He was slowly losing pieces, and rarely taking any from the computer. His father was gone, off to fight some succession war with his uncle. It was just Caster, his sisters, and his 'brother' (Cousin really, but they were close) Crassus. His father being gone to fight some war didn't matter to Caster though, all that mattered was trying to beat the stupid computer at chess. His father knew chess better then anyone in the family, he lead a real army after all! Caster wanted to be as great a noble as his father one day. He was focused so intently on the board, he didn't even hear the blaster fire from deep within the walls of the villa. He did hear, however, the shouting, and watched as one of his family's personal guards stumbled through the door, falling dead on the floor in front of Caster.

Caster gasped in terror, pushing the small monitor away and trying to run... Only to bump into his uncle. "Well it looks like we've found the heir." His uncle was a big man, he always was friendly and cheerful when Caster saw him before, yet now, his face looked grim, dark, angry. "Why are you here uncle? You tried stealing Father's things! If you're here, then you lost already, I knew my dad would capture yo--" Before he could finish, his uncle backhanded him harshly, Caster was knocked to the floor by that blow, he was never hit before, at least, never by an adult before. "Shut your mouth you little Shit." His uncle said, his breath smelled terrible, it smelled like someone left a bunch of the wine his father always bought out to rot and boil in the sun. "I didn't lose anything. I'm taking this castle... And you with it." Caster stared, mouth agape at his uncle, from behind him he saw a man in a dark hooded robe grinning. "I recommend you kill the boy now, sir." The man said, staring down at Caster with terrible orange eyes, "After all, even the tiniest of rats can bite." His uncle shot daggers at the black cloaked man, "I'll kill him when I want to! Right now, he's more important alive!" Caster continued to stare, realization finally hit him... His father, was losing the war...

Captain Pirate:
Snip

As the Firespray exited hyperspace, the two arrived near an ice planet. They were in the Unknown Regions, places in space that had been barely touched by the galactic civilisations. This particular planet, Ilum, was amongst them though from what Xyras had told Hann, it was much different than other planets in these regions. Though the planet was untouched by the Republic or Empire, it had been a thriving planet for the Jedi Order for thousands of years, though left uncharted in star maps. The reason Ilum was popular because the planet was rich in Force-strong crystals; namely kathracite, mephite and pontite.

The Order built a temple on top of the crystal caves and for many years before the Galactic Civil war carried out a long tradition of pilgrimages to the planet where Padawans would collect the materials they would use to make their first lightsaber. Recently, with the reestablishment of the Order, the planet has started to become populated again with Jedi seeking out crystals. It was only thanks to knowledge passed on by Anakin Skywalker and survivors of Order 66 that planet's existence and its location is still known as much of the information was destroyed during and shortly after the Great Jedi Purge.

Landing in a docking bay near one of the temples, Hann got out of the co-pilot's seat and walked over to the bed area, changing into a Jedi robes. It only seemed right that now he was in possession of a pair and was in a sacred Jedi area that he should wear them. The robes were a light cream colour with a brown shirt underneath and a pair of brown boots with a firm grip on them. Feeling that wearing only the robes in the ice world would be as stupid as slapping a sand person, Hann placed his pilot jacket over it. "Perfect" He thought to himself, already feeling slightly warmer. Hooking the lightsaber he currently possessed on the side of his belt and his blaster pistol on the other side, he waited in the cargo bay for his master.

mcpop9:

snip

Ryn'Talos
Ryn walked in to the hall calmly.
He watched as the young Jedi fought amongst themselves.
He counted the bodies on the floor. 13.
Sitting down on the floor, he closed his eyes, and began to feed feelings to them all through the Force.
They are all in your way... strike them down. The Jedi suppress your feelings; the Dark Side embraces them. Allow them to fill your mind, make you stronger. The Force will grant power to those who merely ask for it...

The fighting continued, yet Ryn felt some would not be turned so simply. Twenty lay dead, but he shook his head at Pana.
"Let them continue." He ordered simply.
Around 10 had formulated a circle, surrounded by the 70-odd new Dark Acolytes. These were the ones Ryn could not reach out to; the ones he didn't have the time nor patience to convert.
He grinned, as the Dark Siders advanced upon the circle.
"Do not hesitate, my young apprentices.." He commanded, and with that, the Jedi were quickly overrun and killed.

With thirty dead Jedi, and seventy or so Ryn smiled appreciatively at Pana.
"You have done well, my apprentice. Now, come with me. We have much to do..." Ryn stated, as he led Pana out into the hangar, and into a Theta-class Shuttle.
"I've instructed the Droid Generals to begin training the pawns. However for you, my Queen, I have something far more special.." Ryn said, as he input coordinates to a small Imperial training compound on one of the moons of Ryloth.

Stalydan:

snip

Xyras
Xyras, having a natural coat of full fur, wore nothing extra with his Jedi robes, despite the icy climate. He simply had an old Clone Wars-era standard issue backpack on him.
He led Hann into one of the deepest, most cavernous crystal cave nearby, and as they trekked down the crystal-lit tunnels, Xyras pulled Hann's saber off of him.
"You won't be needing that, Hann. Nor I, these." He said, as he placed K'har's old lightsaber, his two curved blue ones, and the red one he picked up with the Firespray in the backpack.
It seemed Xyras planned on building a new saber himself. There were plenty of raw parts in the temples outside the caves, and with which the hilt of the weapon would be assembled later.

As the pair went deeper and deeper into the caves, the crystals became brighter, and larger. If a more unique colour was sought, it would require a great deal of searching, for the caves mostly consisted of green, blue and red crystals. Other colours were rare, and wielded by those of great skill, for a reason.
"To truly test yourself, you will face whatever dangers you encounter within these caves with the Force alone. To have the honour of creating your lightsaber, you must first prove to yourself that you are worthy to fight without it." Xyras taught, as they came to a crossroads.

"Here, we part temporarily. I shall meet you back at the entrance when you are done. Be wary; you will face not just physical obstacles, but the Force itself will challenge you. Prepare yourself, Padawan." Xyras warned, before heading off down the left tunnel.

Captain Pirate:
"Here, we part temporarily. I shall meet you back at the entrance when you are done. Be wary; you will face not just physical obstacles, but the Force itself will challenge you. Prepare yourself, Padawan." Xyras warned, before heading off down the left tunnel.

"Well I suppose I'm going down this one then" he called out, his voice echoing down the icy caves. "Ahhh shit. I would have to face this on my own" he thought to himself as he walked down the tunnel, looking at the walls to find any crystals that could be of great use to them. For the first couple of minutes he found nothing.

"I suppose this test would be a lot easier if I just used what I was supposed to" he said quietly and closed his eyes. With the Force guiding him, he'd be able to search large distances for crystals in much less time. Within seconds, he'd already found a large amount of kathracite crystals spread over the area. Though that was good for showing his abilities were working, it was not something he desired. While the crystal was good for training sabers, Hann required something that provided his blade with a greater amount of strength. Ahead of the kathracite formations, Hann detected mephite, a traditional Jedi crystal. However, further on from that, he could feel a slight tingling sensation.

Moving closer down the tunnel, Hann could feel he was getting closer to the object that was letting off such a strong power. As he approached it, the came to the end of the tunnel. And the exit was a large cavern filled with glowing crystals that lit up the area in many different colours. At the centre of the cavern was blue glowing crystal. "That's pontite" he thought to himself as he saw crystal embedded in the ice. He knew how rare the object was which left him wondering why it was left here. Approaching the area where the crystal was, Hann heard a large echoing roar sound up the tunnel. Shortly after that, he could hear footsteps coming slowly closer and closer to the frozen chamber he was in. Seeing a large deposit of mephite one side of the room, Hann quickly ran over to it, drawing out his blaster and waited as he aimed at the entrance. As the footsteps got closer, the creature finally entered the cave. It was a Gorgodon; a large feral creature with long fur and deadly senses. Though it eyesight of the species was poor, it certainly made up for it with killer hearing and a sensitive pair of noses. The creature started sniffing the air for a second and then turned its head towards the crystals Hann was hid behind and roared at him, charging to the spot.

"Oh crap, it's got my scent!" he thought, quickly jumping out of the way as fragments of the kathracite were launched towards him as the Gorgodon swiped at the formation. Using his blaster, Hann fired at the creature, trying to bring it down but it was strong, not easily going down. The creature still tried to attack him but Hann dodged it, despite the creature's speed.

After a short while, Hann devised a plan to take down the creature. Leading it over to one part of the room, Hann short at the Gorgodon, angering it enough to make a charge at him. Leaving to the last possible second, Hann dived out of the way, sending the beast straight into a formation of mephite. As it howled in pain, it's arms and chest stuck on some of the spikes. Hann aimed at a point on the creature spine, paralyzing it. Though it wouldn't kill the creature, it was the best he could hope for.

Walking over to the pontite, he picked it up. As he did though, Hann entered a trance-like state where he would have to face something he feared doing for a long time.

Captain Pirate:
snip

Pana looked at the co-ordinates and recognized them. "What would we need near Ryloth? What ever it is, i hope its something good..." she said, taking a breather to try and focus on her abilities. Mentally preparing herself.

Mortis Nuncius:
Snip

The lift stopped at the third level. Nova popped her head out to check the halls. "Clear, security is just terrible here". Nova ran down the hallway towards the side wing. It didn't take her long with her incredible speed to reach the hall bisecting the wing and the main building.

Stalydan:

Walking over to the pontite, he picked it up. As he did though, Hann entered a trance-like state where he would have to face something he feared doing for a long time.

Xyras
Xyras advanced throughout the caves, in search of something he had only seen in his mind.
The deeper he got, the darker it seemed, and he was always turning to the paths with less and less light, assuming what he desired would be in such parts.
He remembered the startlingly-prophetic vision he had, of Coruscant in ruins, and the Jedi with the Dark Lightsaber. He had only heard of such weapons in legends; extremely rare were the crystals, and no records were kept of how they formed, or where to find them.
Still, even if he had no idea what he was looking for, he felt compelled to travel to the darker parts of the caves.

Soon it got so dark that the crystals gave off little to no light, and Xyras could barely see, even with his feline vision. He closed his eyes and sought the guidance of the Force.
Suddenly, the cave was illuminated with a ghostly blue shape, and out of the darkness stepped the Force Ghost of one Xyras never thought he would truly see: K'har himself.
"I am impressed, Xyras. You are training the boy well." The ancient Jedi said, smiling warmly.
"Though much to achieve, there still is. Talos' forces grow stronger by the minute, and he trains his apprentice relentlessly. What is ultimately more important than training Hann in the arts of the Jedi are their teachings. It is vital that he learns how to wield his power. If not, he will fall into the cycle all we sentient life forms do... of greed, and a lust for power." K'har explained.

"I know what it is you came here for, Xyras. However, you must earn it..." K'har said, drawing a spectral lightsaber. He charged at Xyras, as the Farghul grabbed one of his curved blades and began a fierce duel with the Force Ghost.
"You fail to truly battle, Xyras!" K'har claimed, as he swiped at Xyras' chest, only to be blocked.
"You will earn nothing by besting me this way.." He continued, twirling his saber around before slashing diagonally at his opponent, "...You fight based on saber skill; you put your trust in your weapon, not the Force!"
And then Xyras knew. He understood why K'har was testing him.
He turned off his lightsaber, and reattached it to his chest belt.
As K'har swung his ghostly weapon again, Xyras closed his eyes, and held out his hands, willing the Force to block the blow.
Xyras felt nothing, and opened his eyes. K'har was smiling, his saber outstretched, but unable to touch Xyras.
"Well done." He said simply, and as his ghost disappeared, where the saber hilt was a black crystal now hovered.
Xyras beheld it, astonished. It was black, truly pitch black, deeper than the darkness that surrounded it in the cave. Yet it somehow glowed, and Xyras could sense where it was despite the darkness. He pocketed it, and began to make his way back out of the caves.

mcpop9:

Pana looked at the co-ordinates and recognized them. "What would we need near Ryloth? What ever it is, i hope its something good..." she said, taking a breather to try and focus on her abilities. Mentally preparing herself.

Tiger Sora:
*snip*

Vorir was swiftly approaching one of the buildings wings when he came across Nova headed for the same wing. "Don't shoot, it's me," he called out, assuring her that this figure with a full head of hair was him. "Go ahead, take point. I've got our backs." The assassin withdrew the holstered and collapsed rifle, then made it fire-ready and kept the stock against his shoulder as he scanned both ends of the hallway.

Rugal awoke.
He had entered his Companies R&D 19 hours ago.
While there he received several new implants to replace the old ones.
He began checking himself, finding metal around his face, his ribs and his chest.
Then one of the doctors came in.
"Sir, May I ask that you rest?, a lot of work had to be done on you..."
Rugal nodded and the Doctor left.
He started to drift off.
Soon...they will all pay...

Mortis Nuncius:

Tiger Sora:
*snip*

Vorir was swiftly approaching one of the buildings wings when he came across Nova headed for the same wing. "Don't shoot, it's me," he called out, assuring her that this figure with a full head of hair was him. "Go ahead, take point. I've got our backs." The assassin withdrew the holstered and collapsed rifle, then made it fire-ready and kept the stock against his shoulder as he scanned both ends of the hallway.

"Lucky you called out. Wouldn't want any unnecessary casualties". Nova took point at Vorir's insistence. She grasped the door handle and swung it open, blaster ready. A force, no The Force propelled her into the air. The door buckled and flew over her, landing up against the wall. Nova landed midway from where she was and where the door ended up. "Jedi"! Nova pulled herself to her feet. "Run were not equipped to fight a Jedi".

"Your not getting away from me assassins"! The human Jedi's blue light saber flashed to life and he broke full bore towards Nova and Vorir.

The Wolf girl broke ranks and ran for it. The odds were so stacked against them it was sad. Vorir may think her a coward for running, Nova thought of it as 'advancing in a different direction'. Still two Bounty Hunters with no equipment and one gun apiece, vs a Jedi. Any smart bounty hunter would rather live to fight another day.

Captain Pirate:
Xyras beheld it, astonished. It was black, truly pitch black, deeper than the darkness that surrounded it in the cave. Yet it somehow glowed, and Xyras could sense where it was despite the darkness. He pocketed it, and began to make his way back out of the caves.

As Hann was frozen, he felt a hand placed on his shoulder. It felt warm at first, familiar to him, but then turned freezing cold and clenched down on him. As he turned, Hann could already guess who it was but needed to make sure. Her name was Mari Aphee. She was a rebel solider who died during the Battle of Hoth. She was also Hann's lover.

"You left me there Hann" she said angrily as her fingers dug into his bones "If you weren't so focused on a failing battle, you could have saved me. You could have saved Los. You could have saved Keer. You could have saved Paydon. You could have saved everyone!"

"I'm sorry..." Hann replied, calm but saddened by the turn of events "I've regretted not helping your squad for years now... but there's nothing I could have done about it-"

"Yes you could have!" she interrupted "If you had just listened to yourself instead of following stupid orders-"

"Stop. I've heard enough" Hann himself interrupted, grabbing "Mari's" arm and forcing her away "You're not Mari so stop talking. She would never say such things. She always believed in the mission and would follow orders until the end. Even if she believed she'd die because of them. I know I could have saved her if I turned my scope but I also know she'd have asked me to keep focused on the battle, not the soldiers! Now begone!"

As Hann pushed the illusion away, he exited the trance. He was still holding the pontite is his hand but now it glowed even brighter than before. He'd apparently completed his trial. "What was I suppose to learn from that?" he asked himself, confused to why such a trial should take place.

"To trust in your beliefs"

Hann looked around the cave, wondering where the voice came from. He could see no possible answer and decided it was best left alone. He turned back to the tunnel and departed for the entrance.

Carida: Colonies Region
"Admiral, Captain Pellaeon of Star Destroyer Chimera has intercepted a transmission from Bastion." said the Stalwart's communications officer. "He has forwarded it through to your ready room."

Thrawn rose from his admiral's seat. "I'll answer it immediately. Captain Tantis is acting officer until I return." He strode quickly to the adjoining ready room. He activated the holonet transceiver built into the conference table. The ghostly image of the hooded Emperor Palpatine flickered to life.

"Playback recording." Thrawn commanded. The image readjusted itself, and began the message.

"Grand Admiral Thrawn, I trust this message arrives in good time. I trust your forces share the same loyalty as you have for me. You must accelerate your plans. Two threats have emerged that need to be taken care of. The first is Senator Udea, a member of the Imperial Embassy stationed on Coruscant. The Udea family has always been an ambitious group. I have foreseen Caster attempting a revolution. See to it that he is eliminated.

"The second task regards a group of Dark Jedi. Several members of young Skywalker's pathetic excuse for an order have been abducted and indoctrinated by a rogue Sith Lord, and his puppet slave. The Inquisitorius and the Dark Adepts have already been deployed. Assist them in any way possible. This sect must be disposed of. Kill them immediately.

"I give you full authorization of the Fleet, and all that entails. Grand Admiral, you have the ability to bring the Empire back to its true glory. Do not fail me."

The recording stopped abruptly. If Thrawn felt any emotion, it was hidden behind his unblinking red stare. Without a word, he returned to the bridge, and sat in his Admiral's seat once again.

"Orders, Admiral?" asked an ensign.

"Full speed to Byss."

Bilbringi Shipyards: Inner Rim

Imperial General Theol Drost stared through the transparisteel viewport at the dull, grey image of Dry Dock 13. It was the same view he witnessed every day. Nothing changed. Star Destroyers arrived, underwent repairs, and left on a regular basis. He could hardly imagine a more boring posting in the Imperial Navy.

The Bilbringi System was a cluster of stable asteroids in the Inner Rim, hugging the edges of the Core Worlds. It was also one of the largest Imperial Shipyards, no, the largest shipyard left under the Emperor's control. Kuat had fallen the year before to the New Republic. Though the fighting had ended three years earlier, local skirmishes still occurred. Kuat decided that succession was better for their interests, and the turncoats had jumped ship.

Drost sighed, and returned to his office. Slumping in his high backed chair, he searched through the messages on his private terminal. Mostly reports and updates, shipping manifests and accident accounts. One message caught his eye. It was marked as classified, and only a biometric scan would activate it. Drost obliged, pressing his thumb to the scanner beside the terminal.

The image of a well dressed Imperial Officer in Captain's livery appeared on screen. The man had a greying mustache, and well defined facial features. His eyes were hawkish, but they pronounced his professionalism more than intimidation. The man spoke.

"General Theol Drost, this is Captain Gilad Pellaeon of Star Destroyer Chimera. By the order of Grand Admiral Thrawn, you are to prepare for my coming. Assuming you check this message the moment it arrives, we shall be entering the system in approximately four hours. Be ready for us then."

Grand Admiral Thrawn? Drost had never heard of the man. Of course he knew of the Grand Admirals, but they were either dead or captured, all twelve of them. He checked the time stamp of the message. He subsequently paled. It had been sent three hours earlier. In his complacency, he'd missed the alert until now. Scrambling to get things together, he quickly activated the intercom system.

"Attention Dry Dock 13, prepare a bay for an incoming Star Destroyer. Top Priority."

mcpop9:

Ryn'Talos, approaching the fourth moon of Ryloth, Ry'lesh
As the black and crimson shuttle travelled through hyperspace, Ryn addressed is apprentice.
"On Ry'lesh, there is an Imperial listening outpost. Not only will we destroy it, we shall drain it of information beforehand. It contains files and details on key figures in these systems; ones they target and fear. The people in charge of armies, or have significant influence, who seek to rebel against the Empire, or Republic. All they need is a nudge..." Ryn explained, as the shuttle exited hyperspace, and began it's descent to Ry'lesh,
"..and we shall oblige to topple the balance."

As the shuttle neared the landing pad, the Imperials in charge began to contact them.
Ryn ignored them, and gestured for Pana to exit the shuttle first.
"Destroy them." He ordered, as he sat on the landing ramp, watching.
Something didn't feel right, however; Ryn sensed there was far more than Stormtroopers here..
Was it possible the Emperor could have got wind of him? Perhaps he had sent his own Sith Adepts to stop them.

Captain Pirate:

mcpop9:

Ryn'Talos, approaching the fourth moon of Ryloth, Ry'lesh
As the black and crimson shuttle travelled through hyperspace, Ryn addressed is apprentice.
"On Ry'lesh, there is an Imperial listening outpost. Not only will we destroy it, we shall drain it of information beforehand. It contains files and details on key figures in these systems; ones they target and fear. The people in charge of armies, or have significant influence, who seek to rebel against the Empire, or Republic. All they need is a nudge..." Ryn explained, as the shuttle exited hyperspace, and began it's descent to Ry'lesh,
"..and we shall oblige to topple the balance."

As the shuttle neared the landing pad, the Imperials in charge began to contact them.
Ryn ignored them, and gestured for Pana to exit the shuttle first.
"Destroy them." He ordered, as he sat on the landing ramp, watching.
Something didn't feel right, however; Ryn sensed there was far more than Stormtroopers here..
Was it possible the Emperor could have got wind of him? Perhaps he had sent his own Sith Adepts to stop them.

Ryloth System: Outer Rim
Jasta lay against a rock wall near the outpost on Ry'lesh, saber in hand. The Emperor had demanded the Dark Adepts track whoever had launched the raid on the Jedi Temple. While he loathed the idea of helping the Jedi, Jasta acknowledged that there could be no dark Jedi who might threaten his master. Tracking the shuttle from Kamino to the Ryloth system, they had set an ambush. They would kill this rogue element before any more damage could be done. He nodded to the five other Dark Adepts below him. They were ready.

Byss: Deep Core
The Stalwart exited hyperspace above the red planet Byss. The Deep Core was nearly impossible to enter, being surrounded by anomalies and black holes. Only select hyperspace routes known only to those of the highest order in the Empire were aware of their existence. It was here that some of the Empire's greatest military assets were secretly housed.

Thrawn had just found his checkmate.

Coruscant: Core Worlds
Can't believe I'm back here already, muttered Tarr, bringing the refitted Temmick back into the landing bay of one of the commercial star ports. He'd been told to ask for bay 4, secretly run by the Empire. He was to await further orders at the terminal. Something big was going down, but they were running on a need to know basis. He didn't like being kept in the dark, but the Empire was paying him well for his services, and Thrawn seemed more honest to his word than that scumbag Inquisitor.

Captain Pirate:
snip

Pana felt the storm troopers set up a blockade on pathway o the entrance to the facility. She walked down the ramp and past the bodies that were only a few seconds ago living, their skulls crushed inside their helmets. pools of blood could be seen forming around the head area of them. She walked to the door and cut it open, pushing it inwards and crushed more stormtroopers behind it against the wall.

More set up down the hall. Pana began spinning her blade around herself and deflecting the blaster shots back down the hallway, charged the group. One head was gone and she was behind them. Slash upwards, down and left, right, upward spin.
She was there crouched contently with a pile of chunks on the floor behind her. The more she let her gut control her movements, the darker the force around her began to become. She walked down the hallway leaving a trail of blood behind her, looking for more victims.

mcpop9:

Captain Pirate:
snip

Pana felt the storm troopers set up a blockade on pathway o the entrance to the facility. She walked down the ramp and past the bodies that were only a few seconds ago living, their skulls crushed inside their helmets. pools of blood could be seen forming around the head area of them. She walked to the door and cut it open, pushing it inwards and crushed more stormtroopers behind it against the wall.

More set up down the hall. Pana began spinning her blade around herself and deflecting the blaster shots back down the hallway, charged the group. One head was gone and she was behind them. Slash upwards, down and left, right, upward spin.
She was there crouched contently with a pile of chunks on the floor behind her. The more she let her gut control her movements, the darker the force around her began to become. She walked down the hallway leaving a trail of blood behind her, looking for more victims.

Jasta
"Now, let's move!" he whispered. The five dark adepts with him leapt up and rushed into the building. The pathetic stormtroopers were slaughtered, looking more like butchered meat than slain by a lightsaber. All they had to do was follow the bodies.

The blue Twilek was up ahead, butchering her way through more of the hapless troops. Perfect time to end this, thought Jasta. The Dark Adepts broke into a force assisted sprint, activating their lightsabers as they ran. Jasta leapt into the air, aiming a downward strike at the Twilek's head.

"For the Emperor!"

Pana had felt them as soon as they entered the building. From there it was just a matter of force pushing herself back, dodging the attack and attempting to slash one of the adepts on her way back there. "Its going to take more than that to kill me." she said and held her lightsabre, ready to counter an attack. With her free hand, she began to pull on the ceiling and forcing it down towards the group assaulting her.

mcpop9:
Pana had felt them as soon as they entered the building. From there it was just a matter of force pushing herself back, dodging the attack and attempting to slash one of the adepts on her way back there. "Its going to take more than that to kill me." she said and held her lightsabre, ready to counter an attack. With her free hand, she began to pull on the ceiling and forcing it down towards the group assaulting her.

The ceiling collapsing around him, Jasta lashed out with the Force, careening through the wreckage followed by the other Dark Adepts. The Twilek was fast. She swiftly ducked under his swing and landed a kick on his knee.

The Dark Adepts swarmed into her, setting off a vicious saber fight.

Jedi Temple: Coruscant
Master Skywalker was troubled. The news of the abduction of his students had worried him greatly in the passing days, and he had taken to locking himself in his chambers. Here, he meditated through the Force. He wished to sense the future, to see the what path these events would set him down.

He saw, darkness, war, and disease. The Cold War would end, and the battle would begin anew. He had known that a lasting peace with the Emperor would not hold forever, but he had taken the time to prepare for that inevitable day. The loss of his students changed that. There was a knock on his door.

The New Jedi Temple was a far cry from the massive halls of the one during the Old Republic. After Palpatine had razed it to the ground, Luke had built a smaller, more humble temple that reflected their service to the public, rather than prove their grandeur. It also made it easier to find people. The door opened, and Kyle Katarn entered.

"SO you're just going to sit here and wait for someone to tell you where to start?" said Katarn sarcastically. He wasn't technically a Jedi; Luke had offered to train him, but Katarn found life as a mercenary and spec ops soldier more rewarding and less restrictive.

"What would you want me to do, Kyle? Go to war with the Empire? It is coming, but the future tells me not by my hands."

"I say kriff the future, and do what you think is right. I'll come with you if it makes you feel better." offered Kyle.

Luke smiled faintly. "I appreciate the offer Kyle, but I think the best course of action is to wait, and trust in what we believe."

Kyle huffed. "In that case, I'll do what I think is right."

Pana was in the midst of them fighting. High, Low, High, Mid High, Low, Low, Mid, High. She saw an opening and took it. She swung upwards and cut off one of the adept's lightsaber hand.She grabbed the blade out of it and began a dual bladed assault, pushing them back after decapitating the wounded one's head.

mcpop9:
Pana was in the midst of them fighting. High, Low, High, Mid High, Low, Low, Mid, High. She saw an opening and took it. She swung upwards and cut off one of the adept's lightsaber hand.She grabbed the blade out of it and began a dual bladed assault, pushing them back after decapitating the wounded one's head.

Jasta threw his comrade's corpse aside, and sent a massive force push barreling down the hallway. the five fighters were thrown off their feet while he slowly walked determinedly forward.

"One Adept is no big feat scum! You will fall soon!" he boasted.

After several Hours getting used to his new robotic parts, Rugal was back in action and giving orders to find Pana and Ryn'Talos.
"I Don't when, how or why, FIND THESE PEOPLE AND BRING THEM TO ME!"
And with that, Pana and Ryn'Talos became the two largest Bounties in the Galaxy.

Pana saw the blast coming and braced herself. While the adepts fell from the attack, pana moved swiftly and killed them, cutting most of them in half. She smiled as blood was dripping from her clothing. "This is no game and i'll tell you now, we are not equals." she said as the hallway around them began to compact.
Damage was beginning to become visible from the outside of the structure.

"I am far stronger than you could ever hope to be." She said then pushed the bodies at him, followed by floorboards being torn up and thrown like spears.

mcpop9:
Pana saw the blast coming and braced herself. While the adepts fell from the attack, pana moved swiftly and killed them, cutting most of them in half. She smiled as blood was dripping from her clothing. "This is no game and i'll tell you now, we are not equals." she said as the hallway around them began to compact.
Damage was beginning to become visible from the outside of the structure.

"I am far stronger than you could ever hope to be." She said then pushed the bodies at him, followed by floorboards being torn up and thrown like spears.

Jasta casually sliced the barrage apart as it reached him. "You are to be commended for defeating them. Don't think that we are the last you will see. The Emperor knows of the threat you pose. If I am to die, others will come next. You can only run for so long fool."

Jasta sprinted forward with startling agility, his lightsaber held like a spear, driving against Pana's hastily raised guard. He fought like a wild animal, smashing against her guard and driving her back under his vicious assault.

Stalydan:

Hann looked around the cave, wondering where the voice came from. He could see no possible answer and decided it was best left alone. He turned back to the tunnel and departed for the entrance.

Xyras
Xyras was sat down, already waiting for Hann at the entrance to the cave.
He was meditating, but opened his eyes when he heard his Padawan's footsteps crunch in the snow.
"You succeeded, I take it. Well done." He commended, standing up, and leading Hann to the temple atop the mountain the cave system was in.

When they finally arrived at the mountainous temple, Xyras led Hann to one of it's rooms.
A huge, crystal-lit storage room was before them, with thousands of different pieces of lightsabers. This was where the hilts were created.
"Assembling the lightsaber itself is simple enough..." Xyras told Hann, as he handed him a small manual.
"The components are fairly standard, the wiring basic. The vital part, however, is not of a mechanical nature." He explained, as his darksaber crystal was levitated out of the backpack, and Xyras sat down, closed his eyes, and began imbuing it with Force energy.

"You must meditate, young one. It shall take a long, long while. Certainly all day. Alas, this is how we create our weapons; make them our own. By focusing on it yourself, you do not tune a component, but you put your very will into your saber." Xyras explained.
They began the timely art of meditation, unaware of how rapidly the Dark Side was growing elsewhere in the Galaxy.

Soviet Heavy:
snip

Ryn'Talos
Ryn felt that Pana had practised enough, and made his way to her at a gentle walk.
As he arrived, he saw that she was still in combat with one. He fought brutally, and Ryn respected his skill. He seemed very willing to grow in power, he had an air of leadership about him. He may have been useful as an ally, except..
'Alas, there is always only one king, and one queen..' He thought, as he lifted his hand.
Mid-combat, the Dark Adept was raised into the air, choking violently.
Ryn turned him around to face the Dark Lord, as he ignited his own lightsaber, watching Jasta drop his in pain.

"I admire your ferocity, pawn, I really do. However, rage must be fed, reigned in, and controlled, not left to control you." He said casually, as if berating a child.
Jasta made some struggles, and noises which sounded like pleas.
"Ahahaha, forgiveness is not the way of the Dark Side. Surely your decrepit master taught you that?" Ryn finished, smiling maliciously, as he pulled the still-choking Dark Adept onto the blade of his lightsaber.

A small, black and yellow astromech droid arrived in the building.
"Pana, you have done well. A fine display of power if I ever saw one. Now, begin downloading the information onto R3 here. I shall message the generals to begin assassinating the key targets, and ignite the rebellion of the Outer Rim. I fear the Emperor's knowledge of us will spread to the people at large soon enough. The Pawns have moved. Now, the knights of the Empire and Republic shall have their little game.."

Pages PREV 1 . . . 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked