Star Wars: Cold War! [Accepting Profiles]

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 17 NEXT

ThreeWords:
If I wanted to be an Imperial officer, how high ranking could I be? I suppose running my own ship might be too overpowered, but then again I did see that you were offering someone else the role of Thrawn, and damn, he ranks pretty high.

I wouldn't mind wreaking havoc at the helm of a Star Destroyer...

Well he ranks high because he's a canon character. However you're free to make an Imperial character of any rank so long as it isn't something like "Grand Admiral" or "Commander of The Armies" or something that would logically mean almost all other characters (short of the emperor) would be subservient to him.

Is this still open?

I would like to join.

Ed130:
Is this still open?

I would like to join.

Never hurts to make a sheet and try. Cause you probably gona be waiting till late tomorrow for a reply from Witty.

If your looking to be Imperial, or Imperial supportive awesome, we could use another. If not, well either way it's not up to me. My actions here do not represent the final decisions of Witty. But give it a go anyways.

Got it, I sent a PM like he asked but I'm also posting it as well.

Sent PM, but posting as well. Any thoughts/criticisms/notes/[whathaveyou] are welcome. ^^

I think the reason people appeal to the Fringe characters is because of how flexible they are. Despite the New Republic and the Imperial Remnant being the big hitters, there is still the Hutt Cartel, Empire of the Hand, and the Corporate Sector Authority hanging around the galaxy.

The Hutts in particular are neat, because even in the regular canon, we don't know much about them.

Soviet Heavy:
I think the reason people appeal to the Fringe characters is because of how flexible they are. Despite the New Republic and the Imperial Remnant being the big hitters, there is still the Hutt Cartel, Empire of the Hand, and the Corporate Sector Authority hanging around the galaxy.

The Hutts in particular are neat, because even in the regular canon, we don't know much about them.

I find it amazing that, some characters that are incredibly minor, like Greedo or the Lady who ran the Jedi Archives, get 10 or so pages worth of backstory, while Hutts and whatever species Yoda is are still in the dark.

Anyways, I apologize for my posting/accepting schedule if it inconveniences anyone, I'm busy trying to prepare for a Pathfinder game tomorrow, you would not BELIEVE the amount of time I spent trying to figure out how to make a character, and I'm still not fully sure if I got it all correct.

(You measure a weapon's damage by what die it asks you to use for it, right? Some my great axe would have a damage of 1d12? Or something like that)

Witty Name Here:

Soviet Heavy:

I find it amazing that, some characters that are incredibly minor, like Greedo or the Lady who ran the Jedi Archives, get 10 or so pages worth of backstory, while Hutts and whatever species Yoda is are still in the dark.

I think it works well for Yoda, because if we knew all about him it would lose the air of mystery he has.

Also, I forgot to include whether my Jedi has a ship or not, is it possible for him to?
If so, he has a Theta-class T-2c Shuttle from the Clone Wars.

Im going to pm a sheet.

I want in on this to. Is another jedi ok?

I posted my sheet :3

Chevalier noir:
I want in on this to. Is another jedi ok?

Of course, we haven't had as many Jedi or Sith as I thought we would.

Witty, did ya get my sheet? Im not sure if it was sent as I did it on my iPhone :S

I want your honest opinion.

TheIronRuler:

The only thing I'm confused with is Bakura. That's on the edge of the galaxy, and it is extremely isolated. Why would it have a merchant fleet if the nearest planet is two weeks away via hyperspace, and said planet is flipping stone age era Endor?

Soviet Heavy:

TheIronRuler:

The only thing I'm confused with is Bakura. That's on the edge of the galaxy, and it is extremely isolated. Why would it have a merchant fleet if the nearest planet is two weeks away via hyperspace, and said planet is flipping stone age era Endor?

Because you can change it with the name of every other planet and because I only got to the letter B in the wookiepedia before I was too tired to give a sh*t about accuracy.

@Soviet Heavy: They took a wrong turn at albuquerque?

TheIronRuler:

Soviet Heavy:

TheIronRuler:

Because you can change it with the name of every other planet and because I only got to the letter B in the wookiepedia before I was too tired to give a sh*t about accuracy.

Alright alright. Sorry to upset you. I just really know my SW lore, so I unfortunately can be pretty anal about stuff regarding it. If you want, I could pick out a planet with an established trading fleet.

Soviet Heavy:

TheIronRuler:

Soviet Heavy:

Alright alright. Sorry to upset you. I just really know my SW lore, so I unfortunately can be pretty anal about stuff regarding it. If you want, I could pick out a planet with an established trading fleet.

Yes, that would be great.

TheIronRuler:

Soviet Heavy:

TheIronRuler:

Yes, that would be great.

Got one for you. And it even starts with a "B". Brentaal IV. Massive population, with most of the workforce heavily involved in commerce and trade. Perfect for a merchant fleet to work out of.

Sent a PM, but thought I'd post and update mine here.

I hope you enjoy and accept my character :)

OPEN

The RP is now open for RPing, I apologize if it seemed like I skipped over your character sheets (I've been given a lot)

From this point on I hope everyone begins to RP, if they wish to say something out of character, then just type it like this (( Whatever you have to type ))

Paa had just finished a job, she was running muscle for some traders, nothing major but she had wound up on Coruscant. She found herself in a bar that night, not remebering much of how she got there, but with a large lump of credits in her pocket, the drinks would flow freely.

The bartender was a Zabrak, female at that. Pana couldn't care who was running the place. She sat on a stool at te bar counter. "You take credits, right?"

Dropping through Coruscant's atmosphere, the day was not going well for Akim. "I THOUGHT YOU SAID YOU FIXED THE STABILIZERS!" He shouted as his ship continued to fall. His shouts were answered by a series of indignant squeaks and chirps from the droid behind the cockpit. "NO! IF YOU'D FIXED IT WE WOULD BE ABOUT TO DIE!" Moments later the various flashing red 'Offline' warning lights where replaced by green 'Online' indicators. "Thank fuck." He muttered as he brought 'The Beast' under control, making his way to a suitably out of the way landing pad.

After securing the ship and exchanging some more profanity with the droid, he made his way to the nearest bar. Get a drink or three, maybe some 'companionship', kick back for a week...or two, and then look for work. He thought, as he stepped inside I think I 'm due a vacation. Approaching the bar he knocked on the top with his left arm, to get the Zabrak's attention. She shot him a dirty look, which faltered a bit when she saw his arm. "So what do you want?" She asked. Akim smiled, he loved it when his limbs unnerved people. "I'll have whatever is cold and brimming with alcohol, and if I can still see when I'm done, I'll have another."

Dio was bored. Coruscant really was an extremely shitty planet. If it wasn't for the work he had to do for The Circle, he would've got off this shithole. Nazca was much nicer, and of course completely under his control. He walked into a nearby bar. People stared; it was rare enough to see a human with white hair and skin with red eyes, let alone one so well dressed and with an air of authority. He took no notice of the people sitting inside the bar, to him, they were dirt poor, and thus worthless. He heard one of them whisper "Hey, isn't that The Circle's uniform?" but he took no notice. He sat down, and when the Zabrak bar tender asked what he wanted, he whispered something inaudible, and they both disappeared into the back room behind the bar. Black market dealing was so much fun.

"Look I know we're in a bad situation" Seeker murmured into his helmet mike as he made his way through the congested streets. Looking up at Coruscant's air traffic he sighed "yes I'll admit it wasn't a good idea to go there especially with such poor information, but hindsight is 20/20 right?" Upon hearing a response form his ear piece he stops suddenly, "could you repeat that because..." Seeker pushed the earbud in further in to block out the ambient noise. "NO we are NOT selling the Three Stooges" his loud voice drawing attention to him as he starts walking again, "after what they did to save us it would be an insult, besides we would be lucky to get scrap prices here. Besides I have a plan." The humanoid stops right in front of a bar, "get job, something happens, profit!" Chuckling to himself he walks in.

Xyras Varik held a training blue saber in his left hand, and switched it on in his left hand.
The Padawan opposite him, a human no older than 16, nervously powered on his green training saber.
"You remember everything I told you?" Xyras asked, and the Padawan nodded.
"Then let us begin."
Xyras advanced towards the Padawan rapidly, and just as he was in striking distance he darted to the right of him, and swung in a vicious backstroke.
"Always expect the unexpected!" Xyras said as he executed his move.
The Padawan swung the lightsaber behind his head and blocked with such precision and confidence it would be hard to tell if he was nervous at all.
"Good, a clean block..."
He took advantage of the fact that his opponent was still behind him, and swung at his legs.
The Padawan wheeled around with surprising speed and jumped over the low swipe, before bringing his saber down on Xyras.
Of course, he blocked quickly before backstepping once and readying himself for another attack.
"Well played, youngling!" he complimented, before charging and engaging in a full-on, one-to-one duel.

After roughly 10 minutes, the Padawan showed signs of tiring while Xyras, trained through experience, continued on.
He decided this training session had been very good for the Padawan; he had learnt much, and displayed promise.
Mid-swing, Xyras changed his lightsaber's path and instead pushed hard at the youngling's block. This threw him of balance, and Xyras finished the move with a hard kick to the chest, toppling the Padawan. On the ground, he got on top of him, the training saber at his throat.
"Expect everything, young one. The Sith will not be so standard, or nearly as merciful." He said, as he powered down his saber and pulled the Padawan to his feet.
"Lesson dismissed." Xyras stated, hanging up he training saber and exiting the empty room.

'Think I may fetch myself a quick drink..' Xyras thought, heading towards the exit of the Jedi Temple, going to get a drink from his favourite bar.

Triz Maston was behind her bar, as she usually was, cleaning the glasses from the last round of drinks. It was starting to get busy and she wanted to be ready for another rush if she had to. She looked over the bar at the rest of her patrons, nodded to herself as if confirming something, and returned her focus to her glasses.

She wasn't the prettiest woman in the room, but she looked better than a bartender on Coruscant had any right to be. Her face tattoos made an attractive swirl that started at the bridge of her nose and branched off from there. Her clothes accentuated her body, but not to the point of becoming a sex object. There was a blaster pistol at her hip, but it looked like it hadn't been used in a while.

mcpop9:
-snip-

The white-haired Zabrak put down the glass she was cleaning and gave a little smile. "Of course. Why wouldn't I? What would you like?"

She seemed friendly enough. Not bad-looking, either, but her arms were a bit scarred and one of her horns looked like it had been broken. The Twi'lek might be able to tell, but this bartender had a bit of the Force in her...

Athol:
-snip-

"Alright, but you might wanna pace yourself," said the Zabrak as she took out a clean glass and poured a blue liquid into it and set it in front of Akim. "Anything you wanna confess to Triz?"

Ed130:
-snip-

The bartender turned to look at the new patron coming in the door with a little smile. "H'lo there. Anything I can get you?"

Finishing his shift by giving out the last of civilian food supplies to the dispatch centre, Hann decided he should relax a little; delivering and distributing supplies, both civilian and military, was a tiring job, especially on a planet like Coruscant. "Delivering a lot of bacta lately" he thought to himself "I can't see it getting any better either. If this keeps up, the Republic is going to need more soldiers, maybe even start hiring more mercs"

He arrived at the bar, noticing around the room a Twi'lek with what seemed to be a lightsaber hooked on her belt though not dressed in the traditional cloaks the Jedi and Sith tended to wear, a fairly bulky human that had a look about him that seemed like he worked with the Imperials even though he did not wear the uniform, a young human man with albino features who looked like he did not belong with the people who typically came to bars, a man with a helmet on acting like he was in show business, a Farghul dressed in Jedi robes who looked fairly young though it was hard to tell his exact age due to the long lifespan of his species and Zabrak bartending.

He knew the Zabrak, Triz was her name. She was popular among the Republic soldiers he was often delivering to. His war days were over though, he didn't wear the typical attire that the troops wore and so didn't take advantage of her offer.

Hann approached the bar, calling his attention over to the bartender. When she approached him, he said "One Ice blaster please"

"You would not beleive some of the shit i've had too use for currency, always safer to ask first. Just give me the heavist thing you got back there." Pana said. While waiting, she felt around the bar with her force, seeing if there were others who were sensitive.
Ok... the bartender, a jedi and that's about it. No past has cought up to me... thats good, better not jinx it.

"One Jawa beer!" Seeker grinned at the bar tender as he took an empty seat at the bar top. Placing a device underneath the barstool he grabbed the drink offered by the Zabrak and took a long swig of its contents.

After setting down his drink he scanned the room. 'Zabrak bartender, may have some information, but then again when DOESN'T a bartender have information. Merc cybog, possible competition for any jobs here. Twi'lek... with lightsaber? No jedi robes and no "I am sith FEAR ME" aura so either that's a trophy or she actually uses it. An actual jedi slumming it, a local and an albino who screamed "I want someone disposable to do a job for me."

The grin on his face grew wider, Step one; find job was almost in the bag and this was the first bar he visited! "A Zalbrak, a Wookie and a protocol droid all work into a bar" he muttered to himself. Time for Step two, he reached over to poke the Merc's organic shoulder. "Hey what's your name?"

"Something weak for now, please, Miss Maston." Xyras asked politely as he sat at the bar.
Having frequented the bar for a few years, he knew full well that Triz was Force-sensitive. He never brought it up in conversation, however.
However, today he felt another presence. The Twi'lek. Glancing in her direction he noticed the lightsaber.
'But no Dark or Light feel to her..' he noticed, as he recognized the way she carried herself: Confident with the lightsaber at her side, Xyras could tell she knew how to use the weapon. He decided not the question her about it, and instead his attention turned to young Fondorian talking to the mercenary, taking an interest in if there was a job available.
It had been a long time since he felt he'd done anything adventurous.

Dio walked up to the bar, and ordered a drink. His deal had failed and he wasn't about to argue with a representative of the Hutt Cartel. "Give me anything, but make it quick". He smiled, but inside he was pissed off. The bartender passd him some of the local brew, it tasted awful, to him. He asked the bartender in a normal tone, but just loud enough for everyone to hear "Where's the best place on this planet that I can recruit a mercenary or two?" he said this whilst nochalantly and smoothly putting some high value coins on the table.

"Comin' up," said Triz as she got out some more glasses and alcohol: Something blue and icy for Hann, more of the green stuff for Pana, and something foamy and orange for Seeker. "If anyone needs anything else, let me know."

Lots of important-lookin' people comin' in all of a sudden, she thought to herself as she started flicking seemingly random switches behind the bar.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 17 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked