Star Wars: Cold War! [Accepting Profiles]

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 17 NEXT

Moved.

mcpop9:
"I've been contracted to go after a hutt, one of their "higher-ups" so to speak. In all honesty i'm looking for all the help i can get. The paycheck is blank but i don't think you'll be one to worry about that, considering you're a jedi." Pana said, hoping to get another soul on board.

"You can count me in then, I would be more than willing to come along." Xyras asked.

Presuming its tomorrow...

Dio arrived at the bar early. He wanted to make sure everything was running smoothly for the assasination. War was profitable, and he knew that by selling Circle Tech to both sides would earn money of astronomical proportions. Both sides were weak, but he knew they would gladly pay. He ordered a drink, sat down at the very back of the bar, and waited.

Tiger Sora:
Snip

Rugal was enjoying a show in the theatre when one of his body guards came up to him.
"We have received word of an Imperial calling a bounty hunter on you to Quote "figure out [your] intentions", your orders?"
Rugal frowned at this news "All I do for those cheap rats...we got a fix on who called it?"
"No, sir" the man replied.
"Right...The bounty hunter?" Rugal then asked without taking his eyes off the stage.
"Nova Thanewulf, a Shistavanen, 24, a regular Go-to operative for members of the Empire and the Rebels"
"Ahhh...yes...I remember her...She on her way here?"
"Most likely, sir"
"Ensure that she is brought to me, leave a few hints as to my routine, some thing like "I go to this shop" or "I meet with this guy", lure her into a quiet spot, I will tell what she wants to know, maybe make a counter offer or If I'm bored, I might break every bone in her body until she tells who sent her. Set it up"

Technetium:
snip

"Yes, Sir, one last thing, The circle is moving against a Hutt, What do yo-"
Rugal held up a hand to tell his man to shut up "You had me at Hutt, sent someone to whomever called it, I want to know which Hutt, Now leave, I love this part."

Technetium:

Presuming its tomorrow...

Dio arrived at the bar early. He wanted to make sure everything was running smoothly for the assasination. War was profitable, and he knew that by selling Circle Tech to both sides would earn money of astronomical proportions. Both sides were weak, but he knew they would gladly pay. He ordered a drink, sat down at the very back of the bar, and waited.

Hann arrived at the bar, looking around for the Twi'lek with the lightsaber but couldn't see her. He may have been too early but he didn't want to miss this job. A few extra credits and maybe some information about the latest Hutt activities. They were a dangerous bunch but information was power. If there was going to be some way to find out what was happening behind the scenes of the cartel's dealings, it would most definitely be by doing this job.

He noticed a familiar man. He was talking to the Twi'lek before she approached Hann. It was likely he was the person who gave her offer. He decided to walk over to the man and discuss the specifics of the job.

"Hello, I'm Hann Polien. I'm working the Twi'lek girl you were speaking to yesterday. Are you part of The Circle?"

It was early the next morning. Tarr and Kottal had brought the Temmick to a stop at a nearby fueling terminal, and they were watching Triz Maston's bar. It hadn't been easy to find. The two had been scouring the lower city for hours trying to locate the place before finally finding the right spot. They'd left the Temmick nearby for a quick getaway, and then set up across from the bar on the opposite end of the skylane.

Tarr pulled the macrobinoculars away from his eyes. "It looks like that group from last night is meeting up here again. Looks like that business fellow, the dock worker, and.... oh, looks like they've found themselves a Jedi too!"

"Here, let me see." said Kottal, shoving the rangefinder on her Helmet forward. "Yep, that's a Jedi alright. Simple robes are one thing on desert planets, but on Coruscant it's like putting a large sign on your back reading 'I'm a Jedi! Shoot me!'"

"Nice tidy profit he'd pull in." mused Tarr.

"What's the plan then? You want to take him as well, or stick with the girl?"

Tarr put the macrobinoculars back to his face. The Jedi wasn't doing a good job of hiding himself, but there were hints that influenced Tarr's decision. For one thing, he dressed like the Old Jedi Order, with the big brown robes. Second, the man had no Padawan braid, meaning he must be a Knight, or worse, a master. The way the man carried himself also indicated that he was perfectly capable of holding his own, and then some.

"It's not worth it. The guy looks like he can handle himself. Keep to the original plan." said Tarr.

"Right then. Any sign of Villik? He's still on your bounty list right?"

"Yes he is. We just wait until he shows up, then we take the two at the same time. We'll let these guys leave to do whatever they plan, then we make our move."

Pana'galla arrived shortley after Hann to the bar. She walked over to the two of them. "Seems that you made it, i was starting to get worried that you'd chicken out." She said taking a seat at the table. "Lets work this thing out."

"Wait! Tarr, hold up, that Twilek is back."

Tarr sighed. "And? She's probably just here to meet with her friends."

"Look what's on her waist."

Grumbling, Tarr rolled over and checked his binoculars once more. It was the same twilek alright. Rutian by her blue coloration. Panning down to her waist, he noticed the silver cylinder hanging off of her belt.

"Is this Jedi central or something? We'll see what happens. If that Master leaves before she does, we'll take the shot and drag her in with Villik and Maston. If not, leave her."

Soviet Heavy:
Tarr put the macrobinoculars back to his face. The Jedi wasn't doing a good job of hiding himself, but there were hints that influenced Tarr's decision. For one thing, he dressed like the Old Jedi Order, with the big brown robes. Second, the man had no Padawan braid, meaning he must be a Knight, or worse, a master. The way the man carried himself also indicated that he was perfectly capable of holding his own, and then some.

As Xyras entered the bar, he felt something wrong. He couldn't pinpoint it, but there was an unusually ominous presence as he walked inside. Xyras remained very cautious.

Stalydan:
"Hello, I'm Hann Polien. I'm working the Twi'lek girl you were speaking to yesterday. Are you part of The Circle?"

Xyras noticed another of the patrons from yesterday talking with the Circle fellow.
He joined stood next to Hann as he addressed the man.
"I, too, was recruited by her for this Hutt job you had going."

Tiger Sora:
snip

Ultraman950:
snip

Caster chuckled at Nova's remark, "Well I can certainly appreciate your attitude, not many people are willing to speak that way to an Imperial senator. If we had more people like you in the senate maybe we could actually get things done." Caster looked up towards the woman who ran the bar, "Bartender, a drink for me and my friend here, if you'd please... Preferably something strong for me." While getting drunk in a bar full of very angry 'Rebels' wasn't a bright idea, Caster hoped to at least relieve the stress he'd been dealing with today. "So tell me, how is our dear inquisitor doing? Did he assign you any new missions?"

Dio acknowledged the presences of the mercenaries. Abruptly, he stood up, and said "shall we go then? I don't wish to keep you waiting forever" although he expected they realised he had other intentions. He walked out, and they followed him into a nearby shuttle. Once the door was closed and the shuttle was moving, he began to talk. "In a few moments, we will arrive at my mother's mansion, she has been waiting for you" Dio hastily scribbled on some paper that the shuttle was bugged, and for them to play along. When they arrived at "mother's mansion" it was not a mansion at all, but a large warehouse. He gestured for them to enter.

Technetium:
He walked out, and they followed him into a nearby shuttle. Once the door was closed and the shuttle was moving

The Rep that Rugal has sent watched the departing shuttle as it left.
He held his hand to his ear-piece and said "Sir, I have been unable to reach The man from the Circle, we will have to play it by ear...understood."
He left and returned to his master.

Triz was doing what she always did: Cleaning glasses, cleaning tables, cleaning the bar, mixing up drinks, and occasionally smacking some idiot that tried to grab her. She looked content enough... until she heard someone say "Imperial senator".

Witty Name Here:
"Bartender, a drink for me and my friend here, if you'd please... Preferably something strong for me."

The Zabrak... didn't look angry, but rather defensive. She took out two glasses and poured some more of the green stuff in them.

She didn't say anything. For some reason, she's gained a sudden interest in the front door. She keeps glancing at it, as though expecting something, but looks sort of confused. She tries to shake it off... but she keeps glancing back.

Ultraman950:
snip

Caster was a rather observant man, he caught the look that the Bartender gave him, he frowned, unsure of whether he'd have to worry about having his drink poisoned or not. It seemed like his predecessor did a great job getting people to despise the empire. Caster tried giving her his best smile and spoke calmly, "Miss, despite the rumors that all imperials drink is the tears of oppressed citizens and kick adorable animals just for entertainment, I can assure you that I'm just a normal man, I have no interest in shutting down this bar or harassing your or any nonsense like that."

Caster gave one glass to his companion and took the other for himself, taking a sip out of it and nearly wincing, it was strong. He placed a generous tip in imperial credits on the counter, the best way to win respect was to show some towards others, even those that are considered below your station. "I wish you luck with your business." Caster said with a smile.

Witty Name Here:
Last night

Nova chugged down her purple mead. Her thirst sated as Caster spoke up more. "He's not dead when I saw him, so I suppose well enough. I don't talk about work, not here anyways". Nova set her mug down. "I must be going, this was only for a quick drink. Don't tarry here long". Nova tossed down payment for her drink on the bar and thanked for the drink. Leaving the Caster to his lonesome.

Diablo1099:
Today

Nova gunned past traffic in her new RT-777-S Flanker hover bike. A perfect vehicle for her work on Corasaunt. Light, fast and armed to the teeth. She was headed to the Tenx Market. A place of shady business and even shadier characters. It wouldn't take to long for her to find out where Rugal would be. Or to even set up a meeting.

The market was abuzz with talk of him. Mostly fearing that he'd drive them out of business with protection fees and other underhanded tactics. They were all to worried to notice she was around, intently listening to every word said as she browsed goods in the street stalls.
"I should just go kill him now before he steals all my credits. I know he's at the grand theater right now. I'll just". The shop keeper dramatized out him killing Rugal with some sort of hip fired gun.

'The theater huh. Maybe he should be making sure everyone was to his fold instead of watching a play. But it was only last night he took over'. Nova didn't care much about that. But it was certainly useful Rugal wasn't consolidating his power to the extent he should. Nova immediately, but casually left the market for her Flanker.

Just before she got out of the market a large man stepped out to block her way. "Miss Thanewulf, your to accompany us to meet with Mr. Bernstein". Several other goons seemingly came out of nowhere. "I suggest you cooperate, hand over your weapons.".

Nova peered over her shoulder. Six of them were behind her, and the one right in front. "I don't need his street thugs to drag me in. I find him, or he can request a formal meeting". Her hand pushed the man aside. But he grabbed her wrist, yanking her back. "Don't touch me"!!! Her free hand came around, tearing into his neck. His jugular vein was severed, instant death. "I told you I don't need street thugs bothering me". Nova tossed the dead man body into two of the other goons, knocking them over. She pulled out a small key tag with contact information on it. "Give this to your boss". She tossed it on the body. "NOW"!!! Nova drew two pistols firing afew shots over their heads. They scrambled away with he key tag. Leaving their friend dead in the street.

She found a public restroom to wash the blood out of her fur before taking off on her Flanker to get something to eat in a respectable area.

Pana just sighed and walked out of the shuttle. "The things i do for a paycheck..." she mumbled under her breath. She stepped out into the warehouse and looked aroun. "Great."

mcpop9:
Pana just sighed and walked out of the shuttle. "The things i do for a paycheck..." she mumbled under her breath. She stepped out into the warehouse and looked aroun. "Great."

Xyras followed Pana and the Circle man into the warehouse, and inspected it curiously, remaining silent.
He felt worried for Triz back at the bar though, the ominous presence he felt hadn't followed him, and therefore he felt the bar was being targeted.

Tiger Sora:
She found a public restroom to wash the blood out of her fur

A Man walked out of a nearby stall and pointed a gun to the back of Nova's head.
"I'm disappointed, I mean, A PUBLIC restroom, you have no class." Rugal laughed.
within seconds, the restroom filled with bodyguards all packing Blasters.
Apon their arrival, Rugal backed off and handed his gun to one of them.

"How did I know?, Ya know, moments like this make a plan sooo worthwhile. First, I knew you were coming, nothing goes on without reaching me first, Second, I seen some of your past work, even hired you a few times...well...on some Sentor's behalf anyways, you never did like thugs that push you around, third, after you would have your..."fun", you would need to..."Freshen up" and
here we are." Rugal said in a villainous manner, clearly enjoying himself.

"Don't feel bad, I've been doing this longer, and also, don't worry, If I wanted you dead, you would be, What I what is who sent you..." He motioned to a guard to hand him his cheque-book and a pen.
"You give me a name, and we both walk away, you, a tad bit richer, or..."
The guards armed their blasters.

Ultraman950:
Snip

"Ready?"

"Are you Tarr? Let's go."

Tarr loaded his custom BC7 Carbine's underslung grenade launcher with two G20 Glop Grenades. Using the blaster for anything else would be useless when facing the Jedi. They'd have to be careful.

He watched the Twilek Jedi and the Master leave with the business man. Leaving only a few patrons still in the bar. Villik had to be one of them. He could wait for now. Raising the carbine's scope to his eye, he fired the grenades. They smashed through the windows, showering the pub with broken glass. Tarr broke into a run, and activated the killswitch on his gauntlet.

Inside, the glop grenades spewed their payload of fast acting adhesives. Even if it missed Maston, Villik would be caught, leaving Tarr and Kottal to tangle with the Jedi.

The group walked into the warehouse. "This is Boorka the Hutt" said Dio, handing out a few photos. "S/He is a senior Hutt Cartel official, and I want him dead by next week. I want it done so there is no trace back to me or The Circle. Any interfering agents are also to be eliminated." Dio gestured to the warehouse, laden with weapons of all sorts, and even with a few small fighter ships as well. "You may take what you need and if you do a good-enough job, you can keep it as well, but I want evidence. Boorka will be returning to Tatooine, by the end of the week. I want an accident to occur, which kills all the crew, and of course Boorka". He handed a dataslide to Pana, with a means of communication. "You have a week. See you then." Dio walked out of the warehouse, and into a new shuttle, which took him back to the circle branch.

Technetium:
Snip

Inquisitor Domerius was dabbling through the files he held on much of Coruscant's criminal elements. The tracking beacon on Mr. Voxin's ship indicated that he was nearing his target. Excellent, he thought. Domerius sifted through the datapad's information until he came across a subheading regarding "The Circle." An influential family to be sure, he had done dealings with them in the past. They were rivals with the Hutt Cartel, so Domerius enjoyed watching the two crime syndicates fight it out amongst themselves.

Hmm. It seemed as though the tracker he'd managed to slip into Mr. Dio's retinue several months ago had lit up. Domerius was quite sure that Dio was aware of his eavesdropping, but a sense of mutual agreement not to follow up on either group's dealings kept things civil between the two. He activated the comm bead.

"This is Boorka the Hutt. He is a senior Hutt Cartel official, and I want him dead by next week."

Domerius had to pause the audio feed while he burst out laughing. Boorka? Oh, Mr. Voxin would not be pleased when he found out his employer for the Villik bounty was going to be dead in a few days.

It would be so much fun watching how this would unfold. Sometimes the puppeteer had to put down the strings and watch the show themselves.

Diablo1099:
Snip

"No class". Nova gave a scoff. "I just came here to wash one of your mens blood of my fur. I don't want it to stain so what else is a girl to do in such a situation". She really wasn't expecting to be ambushed by him, or at least so soon. But she needed to keep up her bravado. "Besides, shouldn't you be at the theater, not ambushing public restrooms". That insult was sure to cut deep. And Nova was quite enjoying every moment. "Now if you'll kindly call off your guards, you'll get your name. I wasn't hired to kill you".

Soviet Heavy:
-snip-

Before the grenades broke through her bar's windows, Triz had dived behind the bar to avoid the blasts, and decided to stay there for a moment.

Tiger Sora:
Snip

Rugal grinned and nodded "Very well, EVERYONE!, Wait outside...And get our friend here a towel" He ordered, and they did.
Rugal tossed the towel at Nova before turning around to show modestly.
"Right, so, who sent you?, Now, this is very important, don't Lie, I'll know and you will wish you hadn't"
who does that bitch think she is, talking to me like that...
Thoughts of counter-attacks should she attack came to mind.

Pana turned to Han and Xyras. "Formal introductions are in order now that he is Gone. My name Is Pana'Gala, Ex-jedi padiwan and Merc. If any of you have plans on how to do this before i suggest mine, feel free to shoot."

Ultraman950:
snip

"Damn. Missed her. Kottal, you're up!"

"OYA MANDA! shouted Kottal, vaulting over the bar counter with her Beskad in hand. The ultra hard machete was made of Mandalorian Iron, almost unbreakable, and resistant to a lightsaber.

While the Mandalorian moved to engage Maston, Tarr looked around the immobilized patrons. Villik was here somewhere. He shoved past the idiots stuck in the adhesive. There was Villik, making a dash to the back room of the bar.

"You take care of the Jedi, I'm on Villik!" shouted Tarr, sprinting past the scuffle and through the back door. Two blaster bolts shot past his face as Villik fled the scene.

Diablo1099:
Snip

"Inquisitor Domerius. He wants to know your intentions on Corasaunt now that you control the underground and that your sympathies still lie with the Empire". Nova tossed the towel away. "I'm just here to ask and tell him your answer".

Dio was on his way to the charter vessel when a small device, placed on his person, broke. Upon inspection, he smiled. It was a bug, no doubt from Inquisitor Domerius, an imperial snot, who thought that The Circle were simply an underground group. Dio smiled to himself, how wrong Domerius was! Although Domerius had no doubt eavesdropped on him and the mercs, it would make things interesting.

Tiger Sora:
Snip

"Domerius...Run back to your pay-master and tell him that I will see him soon enough, then he will get his answer, got it?"
He scribbled on his cheque-book for 500 credits, tore it off and handed it to Nova.
"Here, some money for your troubles, now get out of here."
Rugal left the Restroom and climbed into the transport outside.

Technetium:
Dio gestured to the warehouse, laden with weapons of all sorts, and even with a few small fighter ships as well. "You may take what you need and if you do a good-enough job, you can keep it as well, but I want evidence."

Xyras nodded as Dio informed the group of the target.
As Dio gestured to the ships he had in the warehouse, something caught Xyras' eye...

'That's a Firespray...' He thought as he saw the distinctive ship in landing position on it's back. The same type of ship notorious for being exceedingly rare, and one of few models in existence was in possession of the legendary Boba Fett.
This one was rather white and grey in colour; clearly one fresh off the new line. He knew they'd been re-released trying to sell off the reputation of the Bounty Hunter.
The mere fact that Dio had acquired one spoke volumes about his influence and wealth.

"I'll take that ship." Xyras stated, pointing at the Firespray.
In his years in hiding on Utapau, Xyras had gambled regularly and played the part of down-on-his luck traveller well. In doing so, he had acquired and lost many a ship, and knew how to appreciate rarity. However rarity wasn't just what the Firespray had going for it; they were a perfect balance between spacious and agile, fast and powerful, and he had long desired such a unique craft. When this mission was all over and done with, he'd get it re-painted in an old Republic crimson-and-white scheme, he thought.

It was then that he felt a distinct disturbance in the force. It was reminiscent of the ominous feeling from earlier, and while he didn't mention this to the rest of the group, he instead handed them each a commlink, and said:
"Excuse me, if you will, there is some business I need to attend to. I will return shortly, and if you need me just contact me." Xyras pointed to his own comm device he put in his belt.

The entry port of the Firespray was already open, and as Xyras sat in the cockpit, facing the sky, he noticed this ship had a small key, which was already in it's socket.
The controls seemed simple enough, and Xyras figured them out quickly.
The ship lifted up, and once it was high enough, tilted upright and flew off.
Xyras knew exactly where he was going: The bar.

Diablo1099:
Snip

'Rich as fuck and cheap as fuck. Whats the point in being rich if you didn't spend it'. Nova tore the check apart. 500 credits was like a drop in the ocean of credits she made from contracts. 'I hope Inquisitor Domerius sicks a Sith assassin on him'. She ran to her Flanker bike at the garage she parked it in. She sent off a quick message to Domerius of the important details from a secure datapad that came with the bike. A message came back within about a minute. The Inquisitor was pleased, Rugal had acted as he expected him to, and would now have to meet him face to face at the Imperial Embassy. Rugal would have no one there to protect him and no weapons on him. He'd be at anyones mercy there, a little humiliation seemed on the horizon.
Nova sent off another message on the datapad to be notified immediately when Rugal arrived at the embassy.

Now she'd just need to check in on Mr. Voxin... her stomach growled. Well after she'd gotten a meal. He can be left to his own for now.

Villik was making his way through the crowded streets of Coruscant, dodging the masses on their daily commute while Tarr closed in behind him. Breaking into a full run, Tarr readied the grappling harpoon built into his wrist gauntlet. Taking aim, he let the shot fly. The liquid steel cable trailed the barbed durasteel hook, which promptly buried itself in Villik's shoulder. The convict dropped like a stone, screaming and clutching at his left shoulder. As he tried to pull away, the barbs dug deeper into his flesh.

"I wouldn't struggle if I were you, buddy." said Tarr, slapping a pair of stun cuffs onto Villik's wrists. "Boorka's paying me a lot of credits to bring you in alive. I'm sure your shoulder won't slow me down."

Tarr signaled the Temmick to arrive for pickup. The large freighter slowly turned the corner, its repulsorlift drive moaning. The crowds ran for cover, knowing better than to interfere with a Bounty Hunter on Cartel business. The Temmick settled down, and he loaded Villik on board. He threw the man into one of the force cages and headed to the cockpit.

"Kottal, I've got Villik. I'm bringing the Temmick up to the bar, and we'll force Maston to surrender." he said into the comlink.

"Make it quick, Voxin!" shouted the Mandalorian. In the background, Tarr could hear the sounds of fighting between Kottal and Maston. He'd have to get there soon.

Outside the bar, his targeting sensor beeped. He frowned, and checked the screen. Someone had a lock on him. The viewscreen marked it as... a Firespray. That couldn't be right, those ships had been decommissioned years ago, and only a few new models had reached markets yet. However, this one had a lock on him.

"Ah sithspit, what now?"

Rugal had arrived at his home on the planet, no where near as nice as the manor he had on Naboo, but still.
He threw his coat at on of his servants.
"prepare a message for Inquisitor Domerius, tell him that I want to see him, personally, at the Imperial Embassy, Also the Rebels are asking for more weapons, pass that on to production, I'm be heading for a shower" He quickly said after.
The servant stood at his post ans snidely said "Evening sir, may I take your coat..." before setting off on his appointed tasks.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 17 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked