Evangelion (Open- Signup)

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

--- Evangelion ---

The End is Here

Hello everyone! Welcome to this RP!

At the dawn of the new millennium, mankind is besieged by the Angels- a threat unlike any faced before. Conventional weapons are useless against them. They can only be stopped by means of the Evangelions - bio-engineered vessels born from the Angels' own being. But this forbidden knowledge is also the key to bringing about a startling new genesis for the human race. Placed in the hands of it's young pilots, the final fate of humanity resting upon their shoulders, the Evas are the world's last hope.

---

---

The Enemy

---

Evangelions

"The Evangelion is a marvelously resilient tool, combining the self repair of biological systems with the multiple redundancy of artificial weapons. It is capable of sustaining damage that would be catastrophic to any other mechanical or biological weapon and continue performing, and even when it is utterly defeated, so long as it can be recovered it can be restored to full function. Their only weakness is the pilot itself. While an Evangelion can have its waist bisected and continue to fight, it may be difficult to demonstrate to a panicking nerve-linked child that their own legs are, in fact, still attached."
-Nerv Director of Operations Adrian Hertz

---

Evangelion Types

---

Character Types

My own Character will be up shortly.

Pilots:

---

Operations Director:

Because some people want to play a game where you're a teenage soldier sitting in a tank full of essence of life stolen from a divine being's wounds, plugged into the back of a fifty story monster with alien and human DNA, imprisoned with cybernetic parts and a soul trapped inside it so you can sync with it and contaminate your mind while fighting an invincible otherworldy motherfucker that alters local physics simply by existing and is trying to revive a second divine being that sees humanity the same way you see termites on your foundations.

Gonna be honest here, I'm not sure you'll find many fans of the anime or people who want to play characters under 20, without the option of being older.

I however, I find the lore interesting, so I'll give it a shot.

Oh well, let me just start making my character.

Please reserve me a spot, this sounds really interesting.

I wanna be Goku! Can I be Goku?

Edit: Now under spoiler tags. You happy?

Edit 2: I just re-worked it a bit. Give it a look if you have time.

There was an actual character sheet here, then it took the wrong format to the knees, face, and everything. Re-Working...

Asc-good and bad image use....

TheNaut131:
Mother loving snip

For pities sake, put your posts in a spoiler, if you don't know how to then look it up. It is an eye sore when it comes down to it. I'm trying to be sincere here but please.

Blue Hero:
I wanna be Goku! Can I be Goku?

Be nice.

I've PMed someone about Operations Director. That position is filled :U

Raynoson:

TheNaut131:
Mother loving snip

For pities sake, put your posts in a spoiler, if you don't know how to then look it up. It is an eye sore when it comes down to it. I'm trying to be sincere here but please.

My bad, my bad. I'm on it.

Here is my sheet.

Name: Chris "Grim" Gannon

Height: 5'10

Weight: 200lbs

Blood Type: A positive

Character Type: Neo-Spartan

Evangelion Type: Skirmisher

Physical Appearance: Very Lean, and muscular, with bluish-grey eyes, and short brown hair, Caucasian skin tone

Bio/History: Chris was around 4 when NERV abducted him to become a neo-spartan. Like nearly all children that were abducted, Chris was frightened out of his wits, and and did not wanna be a part of it. He was told that he would be one of the saviors of humanity and that he would battle things called Angels. He never really heard of Angels before except maybe hearing his parents talking about them every now and then. The training he went through was harsh, and slip-ups were punished severely. Everyday he would be taught military strategies and tactics. Also, he was taught all subjects he would learn in school, although there seemed to be more of an emphasis o mathematics and science. As he grew older, his teachers and trainers put more emphasis on learning about these Angels he continually heard about. The more and more he trained, the less and less he was social. He even went as far as becoming near strictly business in conversations, and soon became known to have a no-nonsense attitude. When the trainers started having the children spar with each other, Chris was exceptional in fighting, as well as efficient, and relentless. He would show little mercy, and in one incident, nearly beat a kid to death. The kid had to become taken to emergency care. Some of the other kids believed the child to be dead for he never returned to training, supporting this assumption was the fact that no trainer would talk about. This event would lead Chris to earn the nickname "Grim" which people who know him now call him by. He does not take offense to it, and in fact likes it, stating that the nickname makes for a great intimidation factor. Once the trainers started putting the training on the firing range, Chris started showing outstanding marksmanship, and quickly became adept at using sniper rifles. No one has come close to his abilities with a sniper rifle, and still holds that top score on the firing range. On the outside, Chris may seem strict, uncaring, and overall mean, but on the inside, he cares for his fellow team mates, quickly putting his life on the line to save them, and always having humanities best interests at heart. Chris is a great soldier and if you need results, he is the one to go to.

Other: NA

Evangelion Name: Unit-03 "Reaper"

Weapons: Chainsword, Long Mas Mk ll, Hand Cannon

Appearance:

Skinny with white-on-black color, with lean arms, and legs for increased speed and mobility while using its chainsword and when moving to better positions to better use its Maz rifle.

Soul: Unlike Chris, the evangelion has a bright, and social personality. Always wanting to talk to Chris and make him open up. Chris has come to believe that his evangelion does this sometimes just to annoy him. However, the evangelion is 100% serious when the times arise, and Chris respects that, and he also respects the fact that his evangelion seems to be in tune with some sort of samurai code, or heightened honor, always wanting to take on an Angel that is evenly matched. This explains the chainsword, but for some reason, it wants to take enemies out from afar with its Maz rifle before using the sword. For its attitude in serious situations, Chris has come to call his evangelion "Reaper" reason because the name suits the evangelion, and 2. in order to gain a stronger bond with it.

Misc: NA

Not quite finished, need to make a minor change or two.
Also, I have a question about the Eva's: Are they able to talk to each other and everyone around them, or are they able to just communicate with their pilot, or can they communicate at all?

My bid for the Operations director, if you have any issues or details that need to be worked out feel free to tell me.
I might also post a pilot in case someone else arrives or you decide to act in game as the director instead at any point.

Grim327

No problems. Approved :D .
I knew someone would get the chainsword, it's a fuckawesome weapon for when you and the angel are right in each other's faces.

Yes, pilots can talk to each other from within the plug. They can talk to people outside the plug by amplifiers. The Evangelion itself can only make roaring sounds, or not even that if it's jaws have been wired shut.

TheNaut131

Your bio is weird and screws up the Eva backstory. I almost didn't allow it, but I appreciate what you tried to do with having emotional impact in the character's past and motivating him to be a pilot. Also- he would probably be considered a Prodigy, because at 3 a person isn't really capable of fending for themselves. Approved :D

You didn't say what color your evangelion is.

Raynoson

33 is too young for the rank. Even for a genius, he should be around his 50's. Fix that and I'll reconsider
Denied :/ but easily fixed.

I have to get in on this. It is simply not an option to stay away.

Asclepion:

TheNaut131

Your bio is weird and screws up the Eva backstory. I almost didn't allow it, but I appreciate what you tried to do with having emotional impact in the character's past and motivating him to be a pilot. Also- he would probably be considered a Prodigy, because at 3 a person isn't really capable of fending for themselves. Approved :D

Yeah, I was worried about that. I just sorta started typing and kinda ignored the fact I was changing the history of this world. And now that I think about it, he probably would be more of prodigy character type. Especially with the whole A.T. field angle I was heading for. Alright, thanks for the feedback!

Here's a PM conversation that I thought was important:

Grim327::

Ok so Evangelions can't really talk aside from making roaring sounds, but can they communicate at all with their pilots? Like some sort of telepathy, or by talking through each others soul? or something like that?

Not like "talk" talk. The Eva has been lobotomized- pieces of it's brain have been removed and replaced with machinery so the pilot can control it. And any advanced communications means it has become self-aware, and berserks.

No, the communication will be if the form of emotions, maybe one or two words, but not conscious thought. Emotions are the language of the soul- They exist within the A.T. field and can intertwine with other A.T. fields. Have you ever felt tension in a room where the air seemed thick and impenetrable? Even the weak human A.T. field is capable of affecting the environment.

---

CJ1145

A terrific character. Approved :D

Raynoson

Better. Your sheet was pretty choppy- some consolidation would be nice. Approved.

---

In the end the final decision we all must take:
make or break, to decide what will be.
And choose our destiny.

If we lose the fight Armageddon will finally tell:
burn in hell, there will be no after,
be no other day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdOdavG04UM&feature=related

Save me a spot, please~!

Updated the character list.

Where did you get that picture of an EVA with a top hat?

KurtzGallahad:
Where did you get that picture of an EVA with a top hat?

I have tons of them.

I like the one with the gun mount on it's face.

http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Main_Page

Is there any more spots available? If so than I would hella love to be a part of this.

Asclepion:
Updated the character list.

Hello there, I re-worked my story a bit. It messes with the history just a bit less and I think it's more coherent this time around.

Give it a look if you have time. Thank you.

Mr.Ivebeenframed:
Is there any more spots available? If so than I would hella love to be a part of this.

According to canon, any single country is only allowed to have 3 active evangelions. Reasons:
- Maintaining more than that would cost more money than actually exists in the country.
- The effects of having so many A.T. Fields in one place is unknown.
- So a country doesn't just farm them and conquer the Earth.

http://wiki.evageeks.org/Vatican_Treaty

I'll get around this by just making the group a coalition of different country's evas under UN charter, sent to protect CLASSIFIED. But I'd still like to have 6 pilots as the limit, and only reconsider if the character is particulary awesome. There are 4 currently.

More players will be support personnel. That means anything from guys in HQ with the Director, generals in command bunkers moving tanks around, or people working on the CLASSIFIED.

Ugh, I've got some stuff to deal with on my end and will get over on reworking my sheet more later, I had to copy paste and quick edit some junk just to get the gist of everything. Happy New Years, and explosions as far as the eye can see.

Here it is, I hope you like it!

If there is anything wrong then please tell me.

Mr.Ivebeenframed:
Here it is, I hope you like it!

If there is anything wrong then please tell me.

You kind of picked up on the rivalries between kid supersoldiers. The neospartans figured that they are the best of the best without having to be genetically augmented. The tank-born can fuck them up in hand to hand and the spartans hate them, seeing them as freaks. But both sides know that they need everything to hold back the angels. A sort of "Thanks, I'll see you in hell." kind of thing.

Character's legit. Rounds out the team. Approved :D . I'll wait a little more for DJ_DEnM or anyone else, and still go over a few more things with Raynoson. The game thread should be up fairly soon.

I'll do my best to combine character development with someone running faster than the speed of sound to throw a person to the stratosphere.

I'm still kind of new here, but I think we can make something worthwhile out of this. Good luck everyone. Happy new year.

Asclepion:
Snip

It's alright, I got faith in you even if that might not mean much. lol

And also belated Happy New Year!

Opening volley is on the 3rd.

That's the day I start school again D=

CJ1145:
That's the day I start school again D=

A lot to look forward to then.

DJ_DEnM/other people: I will still accept characters when we start, but they can only be brought in during the periods when evas are not deployed- the periods the pilots spend in training, education, therapy, social interaction, and general rest in the weeks between each angel attack (and the director reads paperwork and pursues their own goals).

Prepare. Be strong. Stand.

Angst Fairy set, random explosions as far as the eye can see, and me getting down to finally re-working my file a bit. (Happy New years where it may apply*)

I'm starting now. Here's an explanation of the numbers. I will also add this to the top.

Synch Ratio

0: You are unable to pilot an Evangelion.
1-20: You can feel phantom limbs and sensations that the Eva feels, but cannot move it.
21-30: You can maintain a Synch Ratio capable of moving an Evangelion, but barely. You can feel the presence of A.T. Fields.
31-50: Your Evangelion functions. Walking is possble. The pilot's senses don't work like they should, becoming sensitive in ways they may be uncomfortable with.
51-70: Evangelion operates normally. 50% is considered the minimum for it to fight. Not harmful to the Ego barrier, but may result in a nervous breakdown for certain subjects.
71-90: Your Evangelion operates in tune with the pilot's abilities, allowing for fluid and accurate movements. Feedback is harder to resist.
91-100: Berserker level. The pilot enters a trance-like state and lets the Eva become semi-aware. Operating at this level should be avoided save for the most experienced pilots.
101-120: Synch Ratio is dangerously high and begins to damage the Ego Barrier during the time it is above 100. Feedback is nearly impossible to resist- the pilot's body is physically damaged when the Eva is.
121-140: Pilots have become paralyzed or had their minds wiped out from reaching this level. They begin to lose mental definition as they pick up stray feelings and impressions from A.T. Fields around them. The Eva berserks.
141-160: Organ failure. The pilot's body begins to shut down. They must go through emergency surgery or die. Eyes of the Soul: the pilot can "see" others the way they see themselves, and may or may not be able to recognize them as some could have inaccurate or weird views of themselves. The Eva berserks.
150-199: The difference between you and your Eva has become impossibly thin. The pilot is able to manipulate their own A.T. Field within the plug. Death is almost certain at this point, from complete dissolution of the Ego Barrier.
200: Your Eva's A.T. Field and your own are as one, and you are consumed into the Evangelion.

When the Ego Barrier is destroyed, the human body converts back into LCL, the blood of Lilith that served as the primordial soup for all life on Earth in the distant past. Your character is still alive, albeit is a bizarre disembodied form, and more than once we have seen a pilot drag themselves back from the brink and reassemble themselves, if they have the will.

Hope nobody passes out or it'll be a fapfest
EDIT: Could I get a character, please?

Sirron Kcuch:

If the girl you like is passed out in the plug of a 500-foot cyborg beast, you'll have a lot more to worry about than getting your rocks off.

What kind of character?

Asclepion:

Sirron Kcuch:

If the girl you like is passed out in the plug of a 500-foot cyborg beast, you'll have a lot more to worry about than getting your rocks off.

What kind of character?

(Damn, my English is horrible)

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked