Evangelion (Open- Signup)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

My Character: Dr. Owen J. Laurence

I though AT standed for "Absolute Terror field"

In the series, the A.T. Fields are never actually named, the words "absolute terror" only coming from a brief clip in the opening credits. Until Gainax tells us what "A.T." stands for, it's kind of up in the air.

These fields are the tangible, psychosomatic barriers that define and maintain individuality. Angels use it to create create a space capable for the Angel to exist. For them, the A.T. Field is a bubble of space where the Angel has a degree of control over how physics functions, allowing the Angels incredible control and variability in their forms and powers. Evangelions (and their pilots) use the A.T. Field as the ultimate, virtually impervious defense as well as a powerful tool and weapon. In the series, the angel Tabris describes the A.T. Field as the "Light of the Soul", a boundary which no other may enter.

In the end, nothing is changed from the original material aside from the name, which was never really given in the first place.

One day he accidentally found out about Nerv and he was taken to the headquarters for interrogation and experiments with the Eva's.

1. Nerv is not clandestine. They're in the open and have offices in every country (although what they tell the populace isn't always true).
2. They would care if he found out about top-secret things, but I don't know how you think a seventeen-year-old is going to compromise the systems of a worldwide organization run with military efficiency and under mandate of the United Nations.

Notice that I'm not saying it's impossible (in fact, it might actually be a great setup- computer whiz somehow unencrypts a Nerv communication and is arrested). I'm just saying it deserves a deeper explanation that the one you gave.

Surprisingly enough, he managed found a purpose and a goal in piloting Eva and started working and training hard to become a pilot. With time, he's grown dependent on the Eva and charges into battle just because he finds it the most rewarding thing. He's glad of being protecting his loved ones and he's also glad to be a hero, but there underlies a need for revenge upon Angels, a natural desire of fight, a huge flaw which can lead to bad tactical choices.

Prodigy.

Weapons: Spear, Long Mas Mk II, progressive knife MK II, possitron rifle MK II

The Eva can't carry all of that at once. Get rid of one of your larger weapons, or leave it in the Supply Tower. I suggest getting rid of the Long Mas Mk II, as we already have a sniper, but no one with positron weapons, and spear is a great pointman weapon- impaling an enemy and holding it prone while your comrades shoot from afar.

Appearance: like an MP eva

OH SHIT.

Not these monsters. With their dolphin heads and womanly bodies and metal-plated teeth and drooling mouth with red muscular lips, the Mass Produced Evas are fucking terrifying. Each MP Eva contains an internal S2 Engine, with no operational time limit. Add the fact that you might be attacked by 6 or 7 at once and that they fly like vultures in circles around you, and it's a free for all.

You can't be a MP eva. They don't even have human pilots. In the series, they are controlled directly by Seele via Dummy Plugs, and are the final attack by Seele on Nerv. Accordingly, they will only appear if Seele has become the enemy, or they are somehow stolen.

Soul: Unknown

You synch with the Eva's soul to pilot it. How would they not know what it's soul was like?

Conclusion:
There's good ideas, but I'd like to see some more refinement. Truth is, I think you'd be better as a support character rather than a pilot. Something like Kaji from the series- an older guy who's friends with the pilots, has connections within Nerv, and is able to spy on the higher-ups. The background would make sense, the pilots would have a means of gathering information, and your actions would be vital for moving the plot.

Think about it.

hiei82:
My Character: Dr. Owen J. Laurence

Approved :D. Welcome.

Asclepion:

I though AT standed for "Absolute Terror field"

In the series, the A.T. Fields are never actually named, the words "absolute terror" only coming from a brief clip in the opening credits. Until Gainax tells us what "A.T." stands for, it's kind of up in the air.

These fields are the tangible, psychosomatic barriers that define and maintain individuality. Angels use it to create create a space capable for the Angel to exist. For them, the A.T. Field is a bubble of space where the Angel has a degree of control over how physics functions, allowing the Angels incredible control and variability in their forms and powers. Evangelions (and their pilots) use the A.T. Field as the ultimate, virtually impervious defense as well as a powerful tool and weapon. In the series, the angel Tabris describes the A.T. Field as the "Light of the Soul", a boundary which no other may enter.

In the end, nothing is changed from the original material aside from the name, which was never really given in the first place.

One day he accidentally found out about Nerv and he was taken to the headquarters for interrogation and experiments with the Eva's.

1. Nerv is not clandestine. They're in the open and have offices in every country (although what they tell the populace isn't always true).
2. They would care if he found out about top-secret things, but I don't know how you think a seventeen-year-old is going to compromise the systems of a worldwide organization run with military efficiency and under mandate of the United Nations.

Notice that I'm not saying it's impossible (in fact, it might actually be a great setup- computer whiz somehow unencrypts a Nerv communication and is arrested). I'm just saying it deserves a deeper explanation that the one you gave.

Surprisingly enough, he managed found a purpose and a goal in piloting Eva and started working and training hard to become a pilot. With time, he's grown dependent on the Eva and charges into battle just because he finds it the most rewarding thing. He's glad of being protecting his loved ones and he's also glad to be a hero, but there underlies a need for revenge upon Angels, a natural desire of fight, a huge flaw which can lead to bad tactical choices.

Prodigy.

Weapons: Spear, Long Mas Mk II, progressive knife MK II, possitron rifle MK II

The Eva can't carry all of that at once. Get rid of one of your larger weapons, or leave it in the Supply Tower. I suggest getting rid of the Long Mas Mk II, as we already have a sniper, but no one with positron weapons, and spear is a great pointman weapon- impaling an enemy and holding it prone while your comrades shoot from afar.

Appearance: like an MP eva

OH SHIT.

Not these monsters. With their dolphin heads and womanly bodies and metal-plated teeth and drooling mouth with red muscular lips, the Mass Produced Evas are fucking terrifying. Each MP Eva contains an internal S2 Engine, with no operational time limit. Add the fact that you might be attacked by 6 or 7 at once and that they fly like vultures in circles around you, and it's a free for all.

You can't be a MP eva. They don't even have human pilots. In the series, they are controlled directly by Seele via Dummy Plugs, and are the final attack by Seele on Nerv. Accordingly, they will only appear if Seele has become the enemy, or they are somehow stolen.

Soul: Unknown

You synch with the Eva's soul to pilot it. How would they not know what it's soul was like?

Conclusion:
There's good ideas, but I'd like to see some more refinement. Truth is, I think you'd be better as a support character rather than a pilot. Something like Kaji from the series- an older guy who's friends with the pilots, has connections within Nerv, and is able to spy on the higher-ups. The background would make sense, the pilots would have a means of gathering information, and your actions would be vital for moving the plot.

Think about it.

Okay then, scratch everything I said.

Name: William J. Smith. (Alias)
Height: 1 m 89
Weight: 85 Kg
Blood Type: AB
Character Type: NA
Evangelion Type: NA

Physical Appearance: Tall, thin but strong, black and long hair, brown eyes. Uses to wear dress suits in order to avoid being recognized by the masses. However, when pretending to be someone else his appearence varies.

Bio/History: Coming from a poor family, he's had a past of crime before he was hired by the CIA in order to have a double agent within the mafia. However, the operation went wrong and he got a shot that almost killed him. He was expecting a regular mission after his recover, but instead he's given the task of inflitrating into the NERV headquarters in order to keep the USA informed and at the lead in case of a possible conflict. He knows pretty much nothing about the true nature of the Second Impact, but he's about to figure it out, since he's already gotten into the NERV staff.
He always carries a handgun, albeit hidden. He's also given the task of he

Other: Eccentric,intelligent, has a strange method when working. Becomes easily obsessed with his work. Has a small team at his disposal, but prefers to work in pairs or just on his own. However, he always keeps in touch with the personal of the CIA via his partner Notako.
Notako has always been a close friend of his. She used to work at the japanese intelligence, but now she's at CIA, taking care of operations from a safe position.

Sirron Kcuch:

Okay then, scratch everything I said.

Name: William J. Smith. (Alias)
Height: 1 m 89
Weight: 85 Kg
Blood Type: AB
Character Type: NA
Evangelion Type: NA

Physical Appearance: Tall, thin but strong, black and long hair, brown eyes. Uses to wear dress suits in order to avoid being recognized by the masses. However, when pretending to be someone else his appearence varies.

Bio/History: Coming from a poor family, he's had a past of crime before he was hired by the CIA in order to have a double agent within the mafia. However, the operation went wrong and he got a shot that almost killed him. He was expecting a regular mission after his recover, but instead he's given the task of inflitrating into the NERV headquarters in order to keep the USA informed and at the lead in case of a possible conflict. He knows pretty much nothing about the true nature of the Second Impact, but he's about to figure it out, since he's already gotten into the NERV staff.
He always carries a handgun, albeit hidden. He's also given the task of he

Other: Eccentric,intelligent, has a strange method when working. Becomes easily obsessed with his work. Has a small team at his disposal, but prefers to work in pairs or just on his own. However, he always keeps in touch with the personal of the CIA via his partner Notako.
Notako has always been a close friend of his. She used to work at the japanese intelligence, but now she's at CIA, taking care of operations from a safe position.

Have at it. Raynoson and Hiei82 as well. There's a lot that goes on during an operation, so you can be monitoring and analyzing the feeds, giving commands to your staff or the pilots, taking advantage of the diversion to do something, etc.

Was waiting for the other two pilots, Grim 327 and TheNaut131. I'll go ahead and keep posting.

Asclepion:

Was waiting for the other two pilots, Grim 327 and TheNaut131. I'll go ahead and keep posting.

Don't worry, I'm on my way!

Um, where do I exactly go?

TheNaut131:
SNIP

I think he means write an opening post and of course react to the invisible Angel

Mr.Ivebeenframed:

TheNaut131:
SNIP

I think he means write an opening post and of course react to the invisible Angel

Oh. We should probably organize an actual date so everyone knows when things start moving along...unless they already are and I'm totally oblivious.

Edit: Yeah, I'm oblivious. Open volley was on the 3rd.

Mr.Ivebeenframed:

TheNaut131:
SNIP

Ahem: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/540.336913-Evangelion-The-World-Set-Free

Oh...thanks...welp, I'm gonna go drop in and see what I can do.

Raynoson:
Combat uh.... yeah I need some serious words to input here from you Asc because combat scenarios and what not are a bit hard to manage from a OD point of view at this point...
Basically any things you don't want me to do or I should know of before I start spinning around like a top trying to hold 5-6 pilots in check or so?

You had the idea from what I saw, but if you want some more guidance, here's what the Operations Director can do:

1. Full surveillance on the Evangelions and their pilots. Everything from feeds seeing what each Eva sees, internal biometric sensors (monitor pilot's ego barrier, heartbeat, adrenaline levels, etc.), and sending and monitoring communications.

2. Teams of advisors (military, scientists, city planners, etc.) They'll provide any information available to them.

3. Full control of the operations base. You can send people to different parts, order levels to retreat, change the base setup (acquisition new components and areas), fire or arrest staff, etc.

4. Communication with other world figures. You could call the president of the United States, as well as Nerv directors in other countries and continents.

5. Have access to classified zones such as the Evangelion Graveyard or Terminal Dogma.

6. CLASSIFIED

7. CLASSIFIED

8. CLASSIFIED

Sirron Kcuch- some guards heard you talking to someone in an empty room and walked in on you. They're not hostile, but they don't know what you're doing.

Asclepion:
Sirron Kcuch- some guards heard you talking to someone in an empty room and walked in on you. They're not hostile, but they don't know what you're doing.

With "Said to himself" I actually meant "thought"
Sorry for my English ;_;

Asclepion:

Raynoson:
Combat uh.... yeah I need some serious words to input here from you Asc because combat scenarios and what not are a bit hard to manage from a OD point of view at this point...
Basically any things you don't want me to do or I should know of before I start spinning around like a top trying to hold 5-6 pilots in check or so?

You had the idea from what I saw, but if you want some more guidance, here's what the Operations Director can do:

1. Full surveillance on the Evangelions and their pilots. Everything from feeds seeing what each Eva sees, internal biometric sensors (monitor pilot's ego barrier, heartbeat, adrenaline levels, etc.), and sending and monitoring communications.

2. Teams of advisors (military, scientists, city planners, etc.) They'll provide any information available to them.

3. Full control of the operations base. You can send people to different parts, order levels to retreat, change the base setup (acquisition new components and areas), fire or arrest staff, etc.

4. Communication with other world figures. You could call the president of the United States, as well as Nerv directors in other countries and continents.

5. Have access to classified zones such as the Evangelion Graveyard or Terminal Dogma.

6. CLASSIFIED

7. CLASSIFIED

8. CLASSIFIED

I understand most of that and got around 2-3 of those around my head as is, but I'm wondering for resources also. I.E Armored Divisions, Flight Teams among other things.

Raynoson:

Asclepion:

Raynoson:

6. CLASSIFIED

7. CLASSIFIED

8. CLASSIFIED

I understand most of that and got around 2-3 of those around my head as is, but I'm wondering for resources also. I.E Armored Divisions, Flight Teams among other things.

You have your own air crews and ground crews, but they generally don't engage in open combat. The VTOLs and helicopters do search and rescue, the ground force is for crowd control or containment of Angel contamination, and the ground vehicles are unarmed. There are technical branches, research, public relations, etc etc.

For actual soldiers you would need to contact the military (who are inclined to trust you when their guns have no effect on the angel whatsoever), in this case The West African Protectorate. Of course, Nerv does have it's own security, assault teams, covert operatives, and counterintelligence, but they are kept under wraps. Obviously, sending these men against an Angel= dead men.

For resources, I'll say Nerv has a worldwide budget of 2-4 trillion annually. Seele's resources are effectively infinite, and you can be given almost anything you ask or have almost anything you wish done by them, if you don't mind humiliating yourself in their eyes by begging for it.

Sorry if I destroyed anyone's hopes in killing this thing in one shot. I just felt like I needed to add a bit of drama and not make everything so "1-hit-KO!" or "Get everything right!" for Addison. I just hope you see my reason for her on not so messing up or not so getting the job done. :)

I kept dropping that the creatures had dishes all over them. But no one got the hint of using radio towers to disperse the Angel and reveal the core.

Oh well. Lets see if everyone gets mulched.

Nice, hey I was meaning to ask.

Do you actually draw most of the images like the swarm and what not, or those troops in AVP or do you have an extensive file list of all the images that you want to use that you merely grab from the internets?

Asclepion:
I kept dropping that the creatures had dishes all over them. But no one got the hint of using radio towers to disperse the Angel and reveal the core.

Was waiting for Hiel to pop up and say something at some point really, but the show must go on

Asclepion:

Hey, being the Idiot Hero is Mikhael's life philosophy, how on earth would anyone expect him to figure that out? XD

Character bio:
Nobody knows a lot about the one they call Hunter, if that is even his real name. He first became known when he walked directly into Nerv HQ and attempted to hijack an EVA. Despite being stopped almost immediately once inside the EVA (no synch=no movement), Nerv admired his stealth and hardwiring capabilities and hired him as a pilot on the spot. Rather than use the standard EVA assault rifle, he redesigned it to fire long range missiles, effectively allowing him to "snipe" enemies. The EVA itself is built for stealth; a modified unit 4 with a sleek, glossy black paint covering most of it, with the standard combat knife attached at the wrist.

As for Hunter, he prefers not to be seen, so his true height and weight are unknown. He is known to wear a plug suit similar in style to his EVA. His most prominant traits are his pale white skin, jet black hair, and a scar running down his left eye.

supagama:
I would love to join, pm me when it starts (preferably I'd be a skirmisher if it matters)

They just killed their first Angel.

You can still join, just not during an engagement (if a pilot). Support characters can pretty much come in whenever.

Raynoson:
Commmand center, isn't I don't know.. pretty damn deep and beneath layers of armor among other things, did everything just get shredded O_O

Pardon my slow responses but with my times to post varying in time and the fact everyone post uber posts of exposition and I'm trying to keep track of everyone at once this thing is starting to give me a head ache. Still Onwards and up

It's very damn deep. they only saw the angel in holographic video feeds sensors. The bugs came down the rocky tunnel and chewed through a blast door, but were otherwise confined to the first level. That makes Hiei82's post strange, so we'll just assume it's a different section and the swarm was attacking multiple points of entry into Nerv HQ.

IE- it's not like This

Asclepion:
IE- it's not like This

I'm rewatching the movies and series to get back in the mind set, just finished watching this exact part and ending a few minutes ago, and AGH THE DUBBED IT BURNS.

supagama:
Character bio:
Nobody knows a lot about the one they call Hunter, if that is even his real name. He first became known when he walked directly into Nerv HQ and attempted to hijack an EVA. Despite being stopped almost immediately once inside the EVA (no synch=no movement), Nerv admired his stealth and hardwiring capabilities and hired him as a pilot on the spot. Rather than use the standard EVA assault rifle, he redesigned it to fire long range missiles, effectively allowing him to "snipe" enemies. The EVA itself is built for stealth; a modified unit 4 with a sleek, glossy black paint covering most of it, with the standard combat knife attached at the wrist.

As for Hunter, he prefers not to be seen, so his true height and weight are unknown. He is known to wear a plug suit similar in style to his EVA. His most prominant traits are his pale white skin, jet black hair, and a scar running down his left eye.

Please follow the character format.

I don't know what a 'modified unit 4' is. There was never a Unit 04 shown onscreen, in either the series or movies, to my knowledge.

For a human to get so deep into Nerv that they can enter an Eva without being detected is an astonishing feat. Even if they slip through the guards on the street leading up to the facility, they must contend with sensors and cameras, an elevator that doesn't tell you what floor you're on and has no controls (operated from the other side of the base), totally dark rooms where the guards wear nightvision (so if they attacked by terrorist they'll come to a place where they can't see anything but the guards can see them), and airlock doors. It's an unrealistically difficult task, and is insurmountable for anyone not wielding alien technology.

Nerv has been infiltrated before, but not by someone trying to climb through pipes. Rather, they're insiders- people with jobs at Nerv who turn over data, or come in legitimately and work their way up the ranks. It will take years before you have any security clearance, but an insider operation has a much greater chance of success. This is how spies IRL work.

And don't you think they would hire him instead to be some clandestine worker, instead of a pilot? He showed skill (incomprehensible, unbelievable skill) at stealth, but nothing for piloting. It does not matter how good a person is at strategy, combat, and stealth if they cannot synch with an Evangelion.

But the real problem with your character isn't these. It's the minor nitpicks, but the major elements:

Hunter's main personality trait is "badass", but without reason or feasible explanation. He simply exists as this enigmatic mystery- a character with no motivation or humanity. Hunter is a concept- a meaningless one without any emotional impact, totally against what this game is supposed to be. He's not someone that offers anything to which the average person can relate.

Even this would be fine if that were the intention- making a manufactured pilot who's physically and genetically flawless but a distant pariah opens up a wealth of development. If the character is written insightfully (or at least has these points acknowledged), it can work. But the difference is that one gives an explanation for behavior, while the other does not.

Conclusion
Everyone wants to be a badass. And even badasses need something to build on. A fifteen-year-old who's afraid of a monster but charges it anyway because he knows everyone depends on him, and has the prowess to back it up makes for more compelling fiction than one with sniper rockets but no name or personality. I'll tell you the same thing I told Sirron Kcuch: you would be better as a support character, but it needs work.

supagama:
Character bio:

My god that is sparse, And already through any key points and advice for your character along with the fact we are pretty much set in the pilot section seeing how the great of V treaty is whatever. I'm curious to know where you came up with any idea remotely of Eva in general and if you ever bothered to read through the Escapist and you guide line thread?

Raynoson:

supagama:
Character bio:

My god that is sparse, And already through any key points and advice for your character along with the fact we are pretty much set in the pilot section seeing how the great of V treaty is whatever. I'm curious to know where you came up with any idea remotely of Eva in general and if you ever bothered to read through the Escapist and you guide line thread?

"And already through any key points and advice for your character along with the fact we are pretty much set in the pilot section seeing how the great of V treaty is whatever."

What? What are you even trying to say?

My pad typing on a pad sucks terribly. Trying to get the hang of it while my Lap top is in the shop because of a splitting drop, not to mention the screen broke at the top.
I.m trying to say is...
That is a very short bio, You already said anything I could really comment on, and the number of pilots we have is quite enough without the treaty getting involved.

CJ1145:

Asclepion:

Hey, being the Idiot Hero is Mikhael's life philosophy, how on earth would anyone expect him to figure that out? XD

Well, I came close to figuring it out, but for an entirely different purpose and in an entirely different way. At first I thought I had made a mistake picking the Sonic Guillotine, but I kinda like it a bit more after using it. Plus, I'm pretty sure I could use the two poles as batons or something.

Hooray. I'm not going to force you to use only your initial weapons- they can be switched out according to the mission requirements. If they have it in the Eva armory, it will be available to use. Otherwise they'll put in an order and the device will be constructed and shipped.

Need to do college stuff. I'll get back tonight.

EDIT: The angel's original name was Leiningen, from this story that you may have read in 9th grade english. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leiningen_Versus_the_Ants

Raynoson:

Asclepion:

Was waiting for Hiel to pop up and say something at some point really, but the show must go on

Personally, the only thing i could come up with for the radio dish thing was forcing it to coalesce into one big angel that people could actually fight, but by the time i actually had my idea ready to post, I made the oh so foolish mistake of hitting the refresh button to see what had changed... needless to say, the party had moved on to the core is underground.

C'est La Vie.

My main plan is to use my RP to create scenarios where everyone gets a chance to be badass (I TRIED to give Grim an awesome gun but he never picked it up, Tried to give Sandors a chance to be Mr. military-general-badass and then the angel gets killed ... so sad ^_^)

I hope someone posts an idea for the little plot thread I just posted. If not, I am going to pull some serious retcon on myself (and how wrong would that be?!?!)

I has clone :D

Albeit a terrorist cell/ goddamn beautiful/ jailbait clone

The urge to turn Mikhael into a hilariously ineffective casanova-wannabe is growing.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked