Your Blood In My Veins: A Post Modern Vampire RP

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

TheIronRuler:
@Lost Hey! I have another idea. I am currently playing around with a character arch-type I've seen earlier in a literary piece, so he isn't very original, but I really liked him. Cottard, a man with a past of getting in trouble with the law, tries to commit suicide after he had committed an unspeakable act and assumes he is now wanted by the police. He fails his attempt at suicide and is then rescued by a doctor that does what he says and does not call the police.

Fueled by the fears and panic caused by this new developments, he begins to traffic in various goods - for humans, he would sell garlic, silver and also commodities that don't really affect Vampires, but are believed to, actually selling junk for money. For Vampires, he supplies them with various blood samples, information and other junk he claims that would help them in this new world. He basically profits off of the fears of the humans and the vampires, not worried in the slightest from the threat of vampires or the growing civil unrest, because to him, it's business as usual.

Except vampires are affected by garlic, silver and what not

Lost In The Void:

TheIronRuler:
@Lost Hey! I have another idea. I am currently playing around with a character arch-type I've seen earlier in a literary piece, so he isn't very original, but I really liked him. Cottard, a man with a past of getting in trouble with the law, tries to commit suicide after he had committed an unspeakable act and assumes he is now wanted by the police. He fails his attempt at suicide and is then rescued by a doctor that does what he says and does not call the police.

Fueled by the fears and panic caused by this new developments, he begins to traffic in various goods - for humans, he would sell garlic, silver and also commodities that don't really affect Vampires, but are believed to, actually selling junk for money. For Vampires, he supplies them with various blood samples, information and other junk he claims that would help them in this new world. He basically profits off of the fears of the humans and the vampires, not worried in the slightest from the threat of vampires or the growing civil unrest, because to him, it's business as usual.

I know. But he will also claim that stuff that affect them in folklore does ward them off. Like Alchohol against the plague in the Alber Kami novella.

TheIronRuler:

Lost In The Void:

TheIronRuler:

I know. But he will also claim that stuff that affect them in folklore does ward them off. Like Alchohol against the plague in the Alber Kami novella.

You seem to be thinking that there's enough of a market for that, there's mild distrust but nothing so extreme as hatred except in something like say simply a hate group, like a anti-vampire KKK or WBC, but like those two groups in real life, they're not that large and thus wouldn't sustain a business. I really do hate shooting down your ideas but in this world vampires aren't the monsters feared by all.

Lost In The Void:

-snip-
You seem to be thinking that there's enough of a market for that, there's mild distrust but nothing so extreme as hatred except in something like say simply a hate group, like a anti-vampire KKK or WBC, but like those two groups in real life, they're not that large and thus wouldn't sustain a business. I really do hate shooting down your ideas but in this world vampires aren't the monsters feared by all.

It's fine. I didn't feel comfortable with borrowing a character anyway, but now I know what NOT to do for my next try.

fahnally!

So, silly question, but we doing this or what?

Cabo Setek:

Patience, young Padawan. =P

Seriously, though, people are still working on character sheets, myself included. Some of us take time to produce our contributions to the role-play.

Cabo Setek:

CounterAttack speaks true I write slow but I create a universe, a breathing world. Expect a start point in a week or two.

(Pardon my errors but a pad is in use right now, a 99 dollar one!)
So if I'm to be understanding what I've read so far you are aiming in this the classic Vampires are real with no real mythological down turns, in a society adapted to there needs and wants to live in a more or less average world?

Minus any intense wars, feuds, or bouts going around in a crazed war between humanity in a dramatic overture or conspirzcy theories?
With people merely playing a part in all this as life would have them be?
This is out of curiosity not animosity, or even belief that this is an atrocity.

Thanks. Sorry if I sounded impatient, I just like getting updates.

Today class we will be studying Cainism in our Religious Studies. As you know it is the primary religion of most vampires, dating back to the first supposed murder, stemming between a conflict between Caine and his brother Abel. While Christianity say it was a fit of jealousy that caused Caine to murder his brother and be cast from his parent's sight to wander the land of Nod. Cainism has its own theories on this story. Instead he was said to be the first genetic vampire, caused by some divine intervention of God.

It was Satan who tempted Caine and in the first feasting of human blood, the first taste of human flesh and Lucifer's work was done. Caine was taken from the land of Eden and sent into the Land of Nod. Without God's leadership Caine fell to corruption, feeding off animals and as the generations of men grew, he fed off them as well and his strength grew. As did the Beast. The Beast consumed Caine infecting his thoughts and creating a monster that people feared for generations.

It was the before the Flood that Caine realized what he was. Warned by God that his taint would be extinguished in the Great Flood if he did not control himself. That his evil would be washed away unless he sought refuge with the beings he thought of as food. It was a compromise between Caine and Noah that allowed Caine to continue their kind. It was also Noah's offering of his two sons Shem and Ham that created the first Husks to keep Caine sustained over the Flood's duration. According to the followers of Cainism this was the first time that vampire and human coexisted and is the standard they set to this day.

The Marked; a radical sect of Cainism see the story a little different. According to the Marked, the Lord created the flood not to destroy Caine's food source as an ultimatum but to instead destroy all but a few humans to allow vampires to flourish when he found that in the long run the vampire was better equipped for survival in the world he had created. It was made so Caine would use Noah and his family as cattle.

It is this belief that causes the Marked to create Husks without consent and why so many are jailed for this crime. Like the holy Ji'hads of Islam, it is simply a piece of their faith so deeply ingrained that this kind of behaviour would be acceptable by their standards. You will note that the newer generations of those of the Marked Faith have Caine's symbol tattooed on their forehead, while the older generations have it scarred into their forehead. It is a sign of commitment to the faith and its doctrine.

Now I want an eight page essay by Monday on the differences between the two religions and what we could do to accommodate the Marked without making them surrender their faith; any extension requests can be emailed to me, preferably not on the night before the deadline...

Raynoson:
(Pardon my errors but a pad is in use right now, a 99 dollar one!)
So if I'm to be understanding what I've read so far you are aiming in this the classic Vampires are real with no real mythological down turns, in a society adapted to there needs and wants to live in a more or less average world?

Minus any intense wars, feuds, or bouts going around in a crazed war between humanity in a dramatic overture or conspirzcy theories?
With people merely playing a part in all this as life would have them be?
This is out of curiosity not animosity, or even belief that this is an atrocity.

From what I can understand, you're wondering whether this is just humans and vampires coexisting together then yes that is what this RP's setting is, to assume there is no conspiracy, and mysteries though, is completely incorrect; wouldn't be a very exciting RP without them.

Cabo Setek:
Thanks. Sorry if I sounded impatient, I just like getting updates.

No worries dude, if you have any more questions just Private Message me I'd be happy to answer. Also if you want me to get the alert that you're responding to me, hit the quote button in my post instead of reply, thats how you get the message to be sent to me letting me know someone has responded to me.

@update: i love reading these little tidbits

also: who DOESNT email their paper the night of the deadline

The reveal of the second of three characters I'll be playing as. Expect the final reveal to the last update before the characters are selected.

For the public: Questions Rounds 4 (and 5 because I forgot some):

Husks:

Would a Husk typically live with a vampire or just live somewhere nearby close enough they can be utilized whenever?
Does becoming a husk help counter diseases or physical weaknesses?
Are there risk factors in becoming a husk (for the very old/very young or even normal healthy humans)?
Is it possible to become a husk with only consuming vampire blood but not involving a vampire biting said husk?
Does becoming a husk change one's blood type?
Can husks donate blood?
Can husks have children?

Vampires:

Do vampires usually have perfect eyesight, hearing, etc, or are they prone to weaknesses in those areas just like humans?
Do vampires have a blood type?
Does the vampire's system change the blood they intake into something that's different when it's shed?
Do vampires urinate?

Society and Laws:

To get blood from a blood bank what are the legal requirements (name? d.o.b.? home address?)?
Would there be any kind of 'bankrupt' or 'welfare' or 'blood-stamps' where impoverished husks could get blood?
Is forcing someone to become a husk illegal?
Is there a separate census for humans and vampires?
Are husks tracked? By law or by third parties?
Are there legal requirements for husk/vampire relationships (or even standard requirements in contracts?)
Does 9-1-1 still exist?

Misc:

Do animals react to vampires in any particular way?
Can alcohol and blood be mixed?

Vampires...
How often does a vampire have to feed and how often do husks have to get their fix? Normally.

...and Husks
Can Husks eat normal food?
Is the Husk transformation instant?
Is the addiction instant?
Do the enhanced abilities change at all if a husk goes without their fix?
Are the withdrawal signs unique?

Society and Laws
Businesses
Are there any businesses that would seek out vampires/husks specifically?
Are there any jobs or establishments that don't like husks (sort of the 'no colored's) thing?

Police
Is there a black market for blood? For say...starving Husks who can't afford any other options? Blood banks? Equivalents to half-way houses?
Is it illegal to purchase vampire blood on the street?
Are humans allowed to arm themselves with anti-vampire things, legally? Say for businesses and the like.

Hospitals and Support
Are there any kind of emergency protocols for dealing with 'de-toxing' husks at hospitals?
Are there any sort of...support groups for Husks? Either on the 'how not to be one anymore' or 'how to deal with being one' or 'let's all gather together' theme?
Are hospitals required to report vampire or husks crimes any differently than human ones?
Are hospitals required to report vampire blood related crimes to the police?

RBMidknight:
For the public: Questions Round 4:

Husks:

1. Husks have been known to live with their vampires, even go as far as date and marry them, but it is not required. Many live in the same neighbourhoods and districts though as to remain convenient for both parties.

2. Husks get a slightly boosted immune system as a side effect of becoming a husk, but at the same time due to the nature of their work they can become more susceptible to blood born diseases. After all there is a lot of blood transfer. Things like nearsightedness and whatnot are not corrected.

3. There aren't any real risk save from the actual addiction to becoming a husk. The usual risks usually stem from whether the vampire buggers up and bites too deep when feeding on you, but other than that, usually no issue.

4. The biting process is not needed to change into a husk, it all comes down to the vampire blood being consumed by the individual and passes through the blood system. All other parts are not required.

5. Being a husk does not change your blood type per sec. However blood transfusions generally require a mix of vampire and human blood to keep the body stable during the transfusions.

6. Husks can donate blood, but due to the changed nature of it and the somewhat not understood nature of the changes, they're only used for either husk to husk transfusions or husk to vampire transfusions.

7. Husks can have children but there are severe risks to it while being reliant on vampire blood. Due to the extra hormones in vampire blood, you can wind up with results close to Fetal Alcohol Syndrome.

Vampires:

1. Vampires can have the same physical faults that humans can have such as nearsightedness, blindness and what not. However it should be noted that generally it is heterozygous vampires that have these potential issues and not ones of pure vampire traits.

2. Their blood is indeed different than humans or husks so a new blood type was coined for them, the cliche Type V blood. However this is the only known variant of vampire blood.

3. Vampires change the ingested blood into vampire blood through hormones and enzymes sent into the blood during its circulation.

4. Vampires do indeed urinate; however it isn't more than just a clear plasma since that is the only aspect of the blood that their systems do not use.

Laws and Society:

1. In order to obtain blood from a bank you need to have a valid ID and home address. And money. Always money.

2. There is no charity for blood, you don't have the cash or someone willing to donate, you don't get blood.

3. Forced husking is a felony and punished under the full extent of the law

4. There are separate censuses for humans and vampires to track the ratios between the two species.

5. At current time, there is no registry for husks, however congress is voting on the issue at the beginning of the RP's events. Its caused a small but vocal uproar about lack of privacy.

6. It is common practice for contracts to be written up between husks and vampires but they are in no way legally binding at this point. It is more of a formality and friendly gesture that terms have been set.

7. Yes 9-1-1 still exists

Misc:

1. Animals are generally more friendly to vampires due to the attractant pheromones that vampires give off naturally.

2. Yes blood and alcohol do mix.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Vampires:

1. Vampires generally need to feed at least once a day to remain healthy. After 3-4 days on average the first symptoms of falling to the Beast become evident and no vampire can be starved more than a week without dying. Husks generally need vampire blood once a week and after that if they don't receive it, the addiction becomes more and more powerful over time.

Husks:

1. Yes Husks can eat normal food, in fact some that don't like the taste of blood will sometimes mix it into the food to dilute the taste.

2. The Husk transformation takes place over 24 hours but can be noticeable in the first 12 hours.

3. The addiction is indeed instant, but it is not noticed until around the first week when it starts to kick in if the Husk hasn't drank vampire blood.

4. The effects of becoming a husk are permanent and without blood become stronger in an urge to be able to attain the needed blood quicker.

5. Withdrawl signs are not unlike coming off meth in terms of physical and mental states. Including sores, depression, paranoia and the like.

Society and Laws:
(Businesses)

1. Night shifts and physical labour jobs are great for vampires and husks due to their increased physical abilities.

2. Blood banks generally avoid hiring husks and vampires for obvious reasons.

(Police)

1. There is a growing black market for blood. Its generally cheaper than the bank stuff but its quality is much less assured.

2. Street blood is illegal to purchase. Blood can only be donated by a straight source with the vampire 'donating' cash back to the husk and vice versa. Buying prepackaged blood is illegal due to the dangers associated with it.

3. Just like some firms have security, they also can have anti vampire weapons such as silvers stakes and the like, but they need to be registered like other weapons.

(Hospitals and Support)

1. There are various protocols for hospitals to preform when dealing with husks, usually blood giving and explanation of the terms are the first steps while advising help to those who never intended to be one.

2. There are AA type meetings that husks can attend to talk to each other about being Husks

3. Crimes are reported the same as if it was a stabbing related visit or gun wound related visit. Basically its been integrated into the 'possible crime report' grounds that the former examples are part of.

4. Trafficking is the only aspect of vampire blood that the police really keep track of, so unless the doctor finds illegal blood on the victim its generally not pursued.

In political news today, protest increased in front of the Congress building in Washington where a controversial piece of legislation being voted on has garnered attention by the Husk and Vampire communities. Under this law; it would be required that all Husks register their own identities and the vampires they supply with blood. Naturally many consider this a violation of civil rights especially the right to privacy. With more on the story we go to our Washington political corresponding Ron Hather.

Thank you Veronica; the scene in Washington is one of terror and distrust as the Federal Government votes on this controversial bill. As you can see behind me, the demonstrations have become more violent and vocal as the bill gained strength. Now President O'Donnell has promised to support the bill if it makes it through Congress, something that the Democrat party has been quick to demonize the bill stating that the invasion of privacy goes against the very foundations of the American constitution. However with the radical response against it we can expect that Congress will take its ti-

New question for you.

Suppose a vampire were to imbibe a mixed alcoholic drink (such as rum and Coke). What happens to the non-alcoholic part of the drink? How does it affect the vampire internally? Are there any lasting effects besides getting drunk from the booze?

CounterAttack:
New question for you.

Suppose a vampire were to imbibe a mixed alcoholic drink (such as rum and Coke). What happens to the non-alcoholic part of the drink? How does it affect the vampire internally? Are there any lasting effects besides getting drunk from the booze?

Same that happens when our bodies ingest something useless. Its processed and ejected, usually in a vampires case via urine. In short the pop would take the sugars and what nots into the body and dispose of the remaining water.

I've finished my sheet, but before I post it I'd like to ask a few more questions.

1 - How do illegal drugs affect a vampire, especially ones with more potent and noticeable effects like LSD and Ecstasy?

2 - What are the suicide rates for vampires and husks like?

3 - Politically, how do vampires see themselves? Are there specific vampire parties and vampire rights organizations? Do vampire and human politicians try and cover all species or are they more targeted towards their own? Same question but with husks.

4 - In education, how much time is spent on human and vampire biology? Is it an equal amount or is there more of a focus towards humans? In history classes is there any focus put towards vampires?

5 - Can vampires have certain genetic mosaics and congenital disorders that humans do, such as heterochromia and albinism?

Kasurami:
I've finished my sheet, but before I post it I'd like to ask a few more questions.

1 - How do illegal drugs affect a vampire, especially ones with more potent and noticeable effects like LSD and Ecstasy?

2 - What are the suicide rates for vampires and husks like?

3 - Politically, how do vampires see themselves? Are there specific vampire parties and vampire rights organizations? Do vampire and human politicians try and cover all species or are they more targeted towards their own? Same question but with husks.

4 - In education, how much time is spent on human and vampire biology? Is it an equal amount or is there more of a focus towards humans? In history classes is there any focus put towards vampires?

5 - Can vampires have certain genetic mosaics and congenital disorders that humans do, such as heterochromia and albinism?

1. Since blood is a large part of the vampire's diet things ingested through the blood and into the brain like drugs and alcohol effect vampires more than humans and husks.

2. You would ask something like this; suicide amongst vampires is hard to track due to sunlight being the most common way to commit suicide. Thus you don't know if its accidental death or a suicide attempt. Husks however are much easier to track. Getting clean is the toughest thing a husk can do and as such most husks suicides stem from trying to get off vampire blood. They say that in every Blood Meeting of 10 at least 3 will either give up or kill themselves in the first month.

3. There are various vampire and husk rights groups but no political parties. Most vampires of the older generations are so used to being invisible socially that they don't even try to create a political party.

4. Human biology is still the primary taught one but the need for vampire research scientists, vampire biology is becoming more popular in the classroom.

5. They ain't magical creatures, nature fucks up with them just as much as humanity is

@Kasurami: I just have one small question about your character... how did he feed, both when he was younger and in the present day? His father appears to have more or less cut him off from human contact in the early years of his life... that would make feeding fairly difficult, I imagine.

@CounterAttack His father, with the funds to support it, purchased illegal pre-packaged blood for his family after the birth of his son.

And now, for more questions -

How common is the use of legal drugs amongst vampire youth, such as smoking and drinking?

Are prison sentences extended or modified for vampires due to their lasting youth?

Are there special prisons or institutions for vampires to begin with?

How common is it for mentally unsound husks to think they are vampires outright?

How are husks perceived by younger humans and vampires? (around ages 8-16)

Kasurami:
@CounterAttack His father, with the funds to support it, purchased illegal pre-packaged blood for his family after the birth of his son.

And now, for more questions -

How common is the use of legal drugs amongst vampire youth, such as smoking and drinking?

Are prison sentences extended or modified for vampires due to their lasting youth?

Are there special prisons or institutions for vampires to begin with?

How common is it for mentally unsound husks to think they are vampires outright?

How are husks perceived by younger humans and vampires? (around ages 8-16)

Usually about the same as human youth due to the mingling of the two species now. Even with vampires peer pressure is a seriously problem.

Life sentences are 40 years by default for humans, for vampires this is extended to 80 years due to extended life spans.

Institutions are the same for vampires and humans though they're generally segregated from each other to avoid...feedings.

Usually this is only the case if the patient is already seriously deranged, the instinct for vampire blood that Husks get with the addiction subconsciously calls for vampire blood so it isn't usual for a husk to believe they are a vampire.

Husks aren't really talked about in public until the highschool years. Generally any teenager turned husk at that age doesn't really know what they're getting into and so they're seen as high chasers and addicts even more so than normal adult husks which somewhat serve a purpose.

Lost In The Void:
Institutions are the same for vampires and humans though they're generally segregated from each other to avoid...feedings.

Would imprisoned vampires get blood rations every couple of days or so? Just curious.

CounterAttack:

Lost In The Void:

Would imprisoned vampires get blood rations every couple of days or so? Just curious.

Well yeah, don't want them to dry up and die do we?

On that note

Announcement

I will only be taking sheets until 12 am GMT on Sunday. The following characters have been accepted without requiring edits

CounterAttack
Kasurami
SkyeNeko
RBMidknight

I will be PMing those who can make it in with a few edits tomorrow. That will give you the weekend to improve and rewrite. After that auditions will be closed. Lore input on my part will be finished tomorrow night. There are only two sheets left for me to post that I'll be roleplaying as and two entries similar to the rest that have been cropping up in the thread.

LITV

As promised here is one of the sheets I'll be running myself in addition to Jack

Just wanted to point this out but I'm getting a Deus Ex HR vibe from this albeit vampires instead of augmentations being the seperating and conflict factors. Just pointing out my thoughts, nothing bad about the rp I was just commenting. I'll have my sheet in before midnight.

His phoned buzzed for the third time that night. The bitch would not let him be no matter how many times he had obviously hit the ignore button she continued to call regardless. She was likely getting thirsty; she always got thirsty this time of the week. He wouldn't cave to her though, she was his thing, not the other way around and he was here to enjoy himself. He rubbed the back of his neck feeling the difference in texture between the skin and fresh ink before putting out his cigarette and walking back into the club.

They were playing some recent pop song that had topped the charts in the last week. Bimbos and bar sluts were on the floor grinding their goods into the first thing that would buy them a drink. Old men in their 40's and 50's sat sipping whiskeys and watched these girls grind up and down a leg as if it were a metal pole and smiled and you could tell they were getting off on the whole thing. He snorted and made his way to the nearest bartender, making sure to avoid looking at the low top she was wearing. The sex appeal here was suffocating, it was if they didn't even make it a challenge anymore, "Double spiced and blood," he said, his voice drowned out by the thumping music and shrieks of pleasure as two of the sluts had started kissing on the floor.

She shook her head, implying she needed him to repeat what he had said and he did so. Her eyes widened and she poured the drink, the viscous blood mixing slowly with the alcohol, "Ten fifty," she said passing the drink over to him. His eyes flashed, bloody drinks were getting more and more expensive every day.

He passed over a ten and a five to her and upon receiving his change he slipped a couple singles into the tip jar. You always tipped but you never tipped enough for them to see you as nothing but income. He settled into the chair and continued to watch the dance floor, sipping at the drink in his hands. Cold blood didn't really do it for him but the clubs had to preserve their amounts somehow. Once he set the empty glass on the table, the bartender walked up to him as if on cue. He waved at the glass letting her know he wanted a refill and this time slid a twenty over, telling her to keep the change. Their eyes met and he smiled baring his canines only slightly.

She brought over the drink and he motioned for her to come closer, "Let me know when you're done work," he said playfully and she nodded meeting his eyes once again as she pulled away. He laughed silently as she walked away. As he had said earlier, they were making it too easy for him now.

So... sorry to be coming in a bit late, but I made a sheet. Hope you guys like it:

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked