Swords of the Fallen (Fantasy RP)(Started Open, PM CS to GM)

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 17 NEXT

Welcome to the RP, I am staika and I will be your GM and my friend Erik the Orange will be my Co-GM. Both of us will do our best to answer your questions and judge your character sheets. We will make the final decision on to who to accept into the RP when we get enough character sheets in.

Accepted Characters

Hey everyone! I'm Erik and I'll be your Co-GM RPing as Henry Golightly. Be sure to ask if you have any questions and I hope to have some creative characters join in on the fun!

Might as well try and make something interesting up for the elves.

avouleance2nd:

Thanks for making up a sheet for the elves, and Staika and I decided that your character would be a good fit for the team. Welcome aboard!

Erik the Orange:

avouleance2nd:

Thanks for making up a sheet for the elves, and Staika and I decided that your character would be a good fit for the team. Welcome aboard!

Thanks for accepting me and I look forward to playing this. So will the op be updated now we aren't just using dull elves? Also would you like me to try and get something else out for the dwarves?

avouleance2nd:

Erik the Orange:

avouleance2nd:

Thanks for accepting me and I look forward to playing this. So will the op be updated now we aren't just using dull elves? Also would you like me to try and get something else out for the dwarves?

Yeah I'm going to steal that bio on the elves and put it in the OP

You can do something on the dwarves if you wish but I won't force you to do it :P

staika:

Snip

You'd have to force me not to.

avouleance2nd:

staika:

Snip

You'd have to force me not to.

Okay then, that would help a lot :P

Edit: Strange this thread doesn't seem to be counting views
Scratch that it works now

avouleance2nd:

Erik the Orange:

avouleance2nd:

Staika will fix the OP (Since he's the head honcho and I don't really know how.) And if you have the time and energy for it, that would be cool! I love the creativity you dreamed up for the elves.

I have part of my character sheet, I will add it later, first, you need to fill some blanks, first of all, how many years have passed since the great bloody war, 10, but what's the state of politics, social, economy?
Also, in your map, add a legend, or at least explain, give us some scale too. From there tell us, where do humans live? where do dwarves? where do elves? etc, etc, etc... You know, to make the character bio I need more information on this world you built

easternflame:
I have part of my character sheet, I will add it later, first, you need to fill some blanks, first of all, how many years have passed since the great bloody war, 10, but what's the state of politics, social, economy?
Also, in your map, add a legend, or at least explain, give us some scale too. From there tell us, where do humans live? where do dwarves? where do elves? etc, etc, etc... You know, to make the character bio I need more information on this world you built

Glad you're interested! Staika and I will work on making the set-up a little more detailed, since we just kind of hashed it out to get the RP off the ground. And the map, which was just kind of shambled together, we'll fix as well. Thanks for the input!

easternflame:

Ten years have passed since the end of the war. The country is in a state of repair after the war, every city was damaged so they are in the process of repair. The current political situation is that each race has sent a representative to the king and are overseeing the reconstruction of the land. The economy is not doing so good because they just spent most of their money on the war and some tough times have fallen on the land.

I am also in the process of adding a legend to the map, let me just finish that up an I'll edit that into the OP.

staika:

easternflame:

Ten years have passed since the end of the war. The country is in a state of repair after the war, every city was damaged so they are in the process of repair. The current political situation is that each race has sent a representative to the king and are overseeing the reconstruction of the land. The economy is not doing so good because they just spent most of their money on the war and some tough times have fallen on the land.

I am also in the process of adding a legend to the map, let me just finish that up an I'll edit that into the OP.

You're awfully on the ball this morning. Don't you have class to go to?

Erik the Orange:

staika:

easternflame:

You're awfully on the ball this morning. Don't you have class to go to?

Don't have to go to class till 12:40 :P

Every good party needs a mage!(I'm new so i don't know how to do the sheet thing)

Name:Athgar the WolF

Morality:Lawful good

Facial appearance:Light blue eyes with medium long hair and a goatee

Species:Human

Bio:

Athgars family was always trained in spellcasting and as a young boy he was trained in the art of magic and spellcasting.His parents we're killed in the great Mage war.He spent his childhood with his uncle who taught him destructive-based spells.Due to a bear encounter in the woods athgar has a scar on his left eye.When he was sent to the mage's college to the east he was given his family pendant which he wears to this day,the power of the pendant is unknown.When he returned from the mages college he found his uncle dead and his shack burned.He vowed to find the murderers and bring them to justice,dead or alive.

Weapons/Magic:Fire,electric,and healing spells.

Weaknesses:

Athgar is somewhat trained to fight with a blade but preffers spellcasting,he wears mage robes or just normal clothes so he is weak when fighting up close but does have some defensive spells aswell.Since his lack of clothes he is weak to swords,arrows etc.

Personality:

Surprisingly,Athgar is a heavy drinker and he also likes to joke around.He always smiles in the face of danger of any kind.He is very social but when he drinks it's best to avoid him for he is prone to fits of rage while drunk.He is always vigilante and can spot a trobulemaker from a mile away.He does not see any value in gold.Athgar is known to be a very charismatic and charming.He can also play the lute to calm other people.He is somewhat of a bluffer and (if he musts)can lie his way out of a situation but that gives him for trouble than good.He always has his companions' back and will try his best to keep his friends safe.

leon558:
Every good party needs a mage!(I'm new so i don't know how to do the sheet thing)

Backstory:

Athgars family we're always trained in spellcasting and as a young boy he was trained in the art of magic and spellcasting.His parents we're killed in the great Mage war.He spent his childhood with his uncle who taught him destructive-based spells.Due to a bear encounter in the woods athgar has a scar on his left eye.When he was sent to the mage's college to the east he was given his family pendant which he wears to this day,the power of the pendant is unknown.When he returned from the mages college he found his uncle dead and his shack burned.He vowed to find the murderers and bring them to justice,dead or alive.

Weaknesses:

Athgar is somewhat trained to fight with a blade but preffers spellcastng,he wears mage robes or just normal clothes so he is weak when fighting up close but does have some defensive spells aswell.

Personality:

Surprisingly,Athgar is a heavy drinker and he also likes to joke around.He always smiles in the face of danger of any kind.He is very social but when he drinks it's best to avoid him for he is prone to fits of rage while drunk.He is always vigilante and can spot a trobulemaker from a mile away.He does not see any value in gold.Athgar is known to be a very charismatic and charming.He can also play the lute to calm other people.He is somewhat of a bluffer and (if he musts)can lie his way out of a situation but that gives him for trouble than good.He always has his companions' back and will try his best to keep his friends safe.

Your character is off to a decent start, but I think it would be good for you to re-read the background story of the RP again, take another look at the map, and try to adapt him to the overall concept. Also, the character template is included in the OP: if you could follow it, that would be much appreciated. You just need to type it out in Word or something and put it in an OOC box(just type [spoiler=ooc]words and stuff[/spoiler and you'll have it) and you'll be good to go! Glad you're keen on joining!

Edit: Well, looks like my Internet was slow enough to make me double post. But it's good to see we have a good group of people who are down for this RP.

Thanks for the quick response!I'll definitelly look more closely at the story but i have a question:is there a main city that our heroes meet?Because the map is very strangely made (no offense)so i can't really put my character more into the world because i was thinking of him moving in an inn.So i'm asking is there a name for the city/town/village this adventure starts off in?

leon558:
Thanks for the quick response!I'll definitelly look more closely at the story but i have a question:is there a main city that our heroes meet?Because the map is very strangely made (no offense)so i can't really put my character more into the world because i was thinking of him moving in an inn.So i'm asking is there a name for the city/town/village this adventure starts off in?

Good question, the city we will start out in is the settlement of Teuer. It is the place that had the bandit attack in sorael's bio. And yes I know the map is bad, I am working on making it better though :P

Alright thanks! Re-making the bio now.

Okay I added a legend to the map, luckily it updated when it did since I have to go to class.
I will be in contact with erik and I will check up everytime I have a break which should be near the end of every hour.

[spoiler=ooc] Name:Athgar the WolF

Facial appearance:Light blue eyes with medium long hair a goatee,and a wolf painted on his back(the family mark).

Backstory:

Athgars family we're always trained in spellcasting and as a young boy he was trained in the art of magic and spellcasting.His parents we're killed in the great Mage war.He spent his childhood with his uncle who taught him destructive-based spells.Due to a bear encounter in the woods athgar has a scar on his left eye.When he was sent to the mage's college to the east he was given his family pendant which he wears to this day,the power of the pendant is unknown.When he returned from the mages college he found his uncle dead and his shack burned.He vowed to find the murderers and bring them to justice,dead or alive.With no home to live in he set out to The Settlement of Teuer in Regnatores where he bought a room at the local inn.He he earns gold by helping out the local guards and the monastery with healing patiens.Since he is a mage everyone is cautious towards him,he mostly keeps to himself for that same reason.

Weaknesses:

Athgar is somewhat trained to fight with a blade but preffers spellcastng,he wears mage robes or just normal clothes so he is weak when fighting up close but does have some defensive spells aswell.

Personality:

Surprisingly,Athgar is a heavy drinker and he also likes to joke around.He always smiles in the face of danger of any kind.He is very social but when he drinks it's best to avoid him for he is prone to fits of rage while drunk.He is always vigilante and can spot a trobulemaker from a mile away.He does not see any value in gold.Athgar is known to be a very charismatic and charming.He can also play the lute to calm other people.He is somewhat of a bluffer and (if he musts)can lie his way out of a situation but that gives him for trouble than good.He always has his companions' back and will try his best to keep his friends safe.[/spoiler

Bio:

Athgars family was always trained in spellcasting and as a young boy he was trained in the art of magic and spellcasting.His parents we're killed in the great Mage war.He spent his childhood with his uncle who taught him destructive-based spells.Due to a bear encounter in the woods athgar has a scar on his left eye.When he was sent to the mage's college to the east he was given his family pendant which he wears to this day,the power of the pendant is unknown.When he returned from the mages college he found his uncle dead and his shack burned.He vowed to find the murderers and bring them to justice,dead or alive.

Weaknesses:

Athgar is somewhat trained to fight with a blade but preffers spellcasting,he wears mage robes or just normal clothes so he is weak when fighting up close but does have some defensive spells aswell.Since his lack of clothes he is weak to swords,arrows etc.

Personality:

Surprisingly,Athgar is a heavy drinker and he also likes to joke around.He always smiles in the face of danger of any kind.He is very social but when he drinks it's best to avoid him for he is prone to fits of rage while drunk.He is always vigilante and can spot a trobulemaker from a mile away.He does not see any value in gold.Athgar is known to be a very charismatic and charming.He can also play the lute to calm other people.He is somewhat of a bluffer and (if he musts)can lie his way out of a situation but that gives him for trouble than good.He always has his companions' back and will try his best to keep his friends safe.[/spoiler

Sorry for all the posting escapist seems to be very laggy for me but yeah that up there is my updated character bio.

Oh ffs escapist keeps screwing with me.Ok HERE is the updated bio:

Facial appearance:Light blue eyes with medium long hair, a goatee,and a wolf painted on his back(the family mark).

Backstory:

Athgars family we're always trained in spellcasting and as a young boy he was trained in the art of magic and spellcasting.His parents we're killed in the great Mage war.He spent his childhood with his uncle who taught him destructive-based spells.Due to a bear encounter in the woods athgar has a scar on his left eye.When he was sent to the mage's college to the east he was given his family pendant which he wears to this day,the power of the pendant is unknown.When he returned from the mages college he found his uncle dead and his shack burned.He vowed to find the murderers and bring them to justice,dead or alive.With no home to live in he set out to The Settlement of Teuer in Regnatores where he bought a room at the local inn.He earns gold by helping out the local guards and the monastery with healing patiens.Since he is a mage everyone is cautious towards him,he mostly keeps to himself for that same reason.

Weaknesses:

Personality:

Ignore this post

avouleance2nd:

Wow man that is crazy, I love it! I'd add it to the OP but I don't have that much time since I'm on break from class.

staika:

avouleance2nd:

Wow man that is crazy, I love it! I'd add it to the OP but I don't have that much time since I'm on break from class.

Thanks again. But to be honest I've done better which if you like you can see here.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/540.335072-Star-Brigade-Interest-Thread-Closed#13528250

Also while I'm not likely to be doing any other races for this would you be accepting other races from other people? And also might it be a good idea for us to change the names of the Dwarves and Elves, that way some people can still play as the normal (boring) versions of elves and dwarves.

avouleance2nd:

I dig this a lot. Glad to have someone with your creativity on board!

avouleance2nd:

staika:

avouleance2nd:

Thanks again. But to be honest I've done better which if you like you can see here.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/540.335072-Star-Brigade-Interest-Thread-Closed#13528250

Also while I'm not likely to be doing any other races for this would you be accepting other races from other people? And also might it be a good idea for us to change the names of the Dwarves and Elves, that way some people can still play as the normal (boring) versions of elves and dwarves.

I really haven't thought of it, I guess if they come up with a good enough race then I would be okay with it. And yeah we can change the elves and dwarves name, I just don't know what to change it to :P

So is my char cool now?Also i was thinking(if we can add our own ideas and all,with the awesome dwarf post up there)that there would be like these sort of demonic entities who weark black cloaks that come out every 1000 years who are protecting an ancient item/relic(you decide if we have to face off with them).Basically they're like the dementors from Harry Potter but instead of sucking out souls they burn down villages,and looking at them long enough will cause you to hallucinate and attack your party members.

Also i think the humans should be the regular barbarian/blacksmiths because for humans it's hard to come up with an original story fro them :P

leon558:
character snip

sorry for the wait, school and internet problems made it hard to comment.

To start with you still didn't follow my character sheet template, basically fill this out.

I like where you are taking the character though so if you could do a character sheet in my template we should be good :P

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 17 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked