The World of Osvar (Sign-up: Open)

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Closed~

I'll work on a character sheet. Sounds like fun!

This sounds interesting, but with the potetual for Trenchcoaters and Mary Sues...

Doesn't mean I won't add my own spice to the mix. Expect a sheet sometime soon.

Is this still open? Here's my sheet:

Edit: added a few things.

Hrmmmm, I may throw my hand in. Expect something at some point. Sometime. = D

working on a character sheet

its getting late but i will finish this character sheet tomorrow.

edit: going to get the history finished at a later date.

edit2: FINISHED!

Cybele:
Is this still open?

Yes it is; thanks for the character sheet, by the way.
The game begins in just a couple of weeks on the 1st of February (as to allow for others to sign up).
If you haven't already, it would behoove you to join the game's User Group ( Link to Group) to get 'dem updates.

nuba km:
its getting late but i will finish this character sheet tomorrow.

Fair enough; glad to have you on board, though!
And as I have told others, it is advised to join the user group (Link to Group) for updates and the sort; thank you!

Character Sheet in progression.

Also, first roleplay on the forums. I'll try my best.

EDIT: Here we go. Hope I did everything right.

Eternal-Chaplain:
Snip

Hey, I have some questions before I submit a sheet (although it still may take me about a week to get down and write one):

Are we allowed to completely make shit up to create our character? Religions, cities, magic, monsters (etc) that we can create have pretty much no limit?

Will you be using a dice-roll system to determine whether or not certain actions succeed? Or will you just be deciding randomly? I like either system but have become more inclined towards using dice as of late. It makes fights and important tasks a bit more interesting.

Will there be an over-arcing narrative or are we just going to be deciding what to do for ourselves?

I'll probably think of some more questions at a later date but I'll begin with these for now.

Been thinking of joining this but after noone posted for i while i thought it was dead. Thank god it isn't.

I'll get to building my character sheet, hopefully it will be up soon.

*Edited into post above*

neonsword13-ops:
Also, first roleplay on the forums. I'll try my best.

Alright, great to hear, and I have had a lot of experience as a Dungeons & Dragons Dungeon Master, so I won't go too hard on you. XP

Tips_of_Fingers:
Some Questions...

I think the great advantage of having a light-rules RP versus a Heavy-Rule RP (such as AD&D) is that the GM doesn't need to thoroughly design every class, race, etc. for the rules. So in taking advantage of that, yes, you are allowed to make up any of those things provided you give it some explanation so it appears authentic in the game's world.

As for the dice, that is right now up for debate, I feel. The likely system will be based on the your character sheet in that many results can be predicted by observing your personality and inventory, though at many times I plan on incorporating dice into it. So in short, both systems will be employed.

Finally, mostly-yes. While there are existing governments, factions, etc. in The World of Osvar, most of what you players will enjoy is in small mini-arcs (quests, essentially). But seeing as the game has not yet been fully devised, suggestions concerning quests and the world itself are appreciated.

figment of mind:
Been thinking of joining this but after noone posted for i while i thought it was dead. Thank god it isn't.

Hehe, yes I was afraid of that also; thank goodness for the weekends...

neonsword13-ops:
Here we go. Hope I did everything right.

Yep, it all looks good to me; welcome aboard!

Hello there! Mind if I join? I've been looking forward to doing an rp like this for a while now, how's this character:

Player Name: InkBlot Royalist

Character Name: Saul Obren

Race: Human/demon (possessed)

Alignment: Neutral good (Chaotic evil)

Appearance: As a human, Saul is about 16 years old, with short and messy hair and generally unkempt clothes. His eyes are milky, like he's blind, but he can see perfectly in reality. As a demon, his skin becomes pitch black, his eyes the brightest white, and grows molting black and silver wings. And don't forget the nine inch talons.

Personality: Saul tries to be normal. And he assumes normal people are good. In an attempt to overcompensate for the evil inside him he tries, where possible to do the right thing. Sometimes he just does it a little too well, especially when he tries to use his demonic power

Profession: Heretical street urchin

Strengths: Knows a fair amount of dark magic, although it can easily get out of hand, and being able to transform into an invulnerable Demon Lord certainly has its advantages

Weaknesses: In human form, he's a child. And a frail one at that. The Demon inside is constantly trying to escape, and while Saul is generally able to control it, once its lose changeing back is more than a litte difficult.

Call To Adventure: Fear: You don't meet many witch hunters and inquisitors when you're in dangerous places

History: Saul's mother was a gypsy. She read cards and brewed potions for visitors to their camp. It was when she began dabbling in the deeper secrets of her trade that she came across necromancy. In the attempt to return the soul of her dead husband from the grave, she drugged Saul, and prepared to sacrifice him to the powers of death. At the last moment, however, Saul flinched and smudged a single protective rune in the pentagram his mother had drawn. A powerful Demon, waiting in another dimension seized the opportunity and lept into reality. Saul's mother had her very soul torn away by the creature. The powerful demonic energy released attracted the attention of a powerful Inquisitor, who immediatly ran towards the caravan, and the Demon, weakened from the cross-dimensional travel, needed a place to hide, and possessed Saul. But the boy was stronger than the Demon realised, and now he holds the creature in check. But the Inquisitor still hounds him, and the Demon is untireing in its desire to be free.

Inventory (Optional): A jagged black dagger that his mother was going to use to cut him open. It is supernaturally sharp.
His mother's spell book. Saul has commited most basic spells to memory, but he carries this tome, detailing everything from infertility curses to summoning a gate to Hades.
Saul also carries various different chalks and candles incase he ever needs them for a ritual of some kind.

How's that? Again, I hope I can join!

I am also a RP forum game virgin. This is all new to me, but I love the concept of the open world with little rules. I like using my imagination, so am looking forward to hopefully joining you guys!

My character idea that I would like to submit is above! Apologies if it is too detailed in places, just let me know and I can tone it down/beef it up as necessary!

EDIT: I've noticed there are quite a few assassin/stealth characters in this game so far, so I may try and tweak mine further away from that. Using the wings idea I may aim to make it more of a defensive role than regular hunter... What do you guys think?

Also, I have just noticed that my Sign in name, and character idea make me sound like some sort of religious fanatic... I am not, but the idea of Angels and the imagery that comes with angels facinates me! Mostly winds... Wings kick ass! :P

Hey, here's my idea for a character. I I know his powers are close to being ovepowered, but I tried to make him equally flawed.

Thoughts?

InkBlot Royalist:
Hello there! Mind if I join?

You certainly may join! I like the premise of your character: there is never a dull moment with Demons around!

DeanoTheGod:
I am also an RP forum game virgin...

I am certainly glad to see a lot of new people here, and I like to believe that the no-rules-rule makes it very friendly for those sorts of players. :D

ThreeWords:
Hey, here's my idea for a character. I I know his powers are close to being ovepowered, but I tried to make him equally flawed.

Thoughts?

It looks great so far: we have a great many sly thieves and such, so magic will certainly help liven up the tactics!

I was trying to think of a character for this RP for a while now. I really wanted to give it a go.

I'll give it a try, don't know how long and how much I can contribute though

Looks like an inteaguing mix of characters! Looking forward to getting started, when are you planning that to be by the way? And I concur, Demons make everything more interesting!

Hm, I think I'll have to edit Ardoris' history a bit because if this is a medieval rp, then Ardoris shouldn't have been 'in stasis' for that long.

2ndblackjedi:
I was trying to think of a character for this RP for a while now. I really wanted to give it a go.

I'm glad we have a fighter on board! And I suppose now I have the liberty to put dragons into the game...

world_of_dragons:
I'll give it a try, don't know how long and how much I can contribute though

Well whenever you decide to leave the others can expect a tragic cave-in or something like that. :3
Still, it is great to finally see some good-guy characters emerge: this game will certainly be factious!
By the way, thank you for including the CG of your character; is that a Second Life sona? I have been told that is the best way to make them yourself.

InkBlot Royalist:
Looks like an inteaguing mix of characters! Looking forward to getting started, when are you planning that to be by the way?

Right now, the game is scheduled to begin on the First of February.

Eternal-Chaplain:

2ndblackjedi:

I'm glad we have a fighter on board! And I suppose now I have the liberty to put dragons into the game...

I didn't know if I show ask if dragons were part of the game or not so I just went ahead with it. xD looks like it turned out pretty well for everyone.

hmm time to fill out a sheet methinks

Finally got round to doing this shiiiit.

Please be warned, I have a vast capacity for inventive evil.

Tips_of_Fingers:
Finally got round to doing this shiiiit

This insanity, is strong enough to, say...make you hurt people? Sorry I am brainstorming ideas; my goal in designing the game is to often take advantage of others' weaknesses.

ThreeWords:

Please be warned, I have a vast capacity for inventive evil.

Oh no to worry, for you see, I have recently acquired a certain tome. Namely the Book of Vile Darkness thus increasing my own capacity for evil.

I like the character by the way. :3

Eternal-Chaplain:
Snip

Winneke's insanity isn't the traditional "I'm mad and will go on a rampage!" type of insanity. It's an insanity borne out of a deep-seated belief that nothing matters and, as a result, he has no feelings of remorse. To answer your question though, his belief that nothing matters and that everything is meaningless can cause him to hurt or kill people in order to achieve whatever arbitrary "plan" or "motive" is swimming in his head at the time.

So this is still open? I know you keep saying it starts on the 1st of February, but I don't want to be too late.

I heard about this from a friend and this sounds right up my alley.

Tips_of_Fingers:
Winneke's insanity isn't the traditional "I'm mad and will go on a rampage!" type of insanity.

Alright, fair enough; thanks for the clarification. =^_^=

Tips_of_Fingers:

Eternal-Chaplain:
Snip

Winneke's insanity isn't the traditional "I'm mad and will go on a rampage!" type of insanity. It's an insanity borne out of a deep-seated belief that nothing matters and, as a result, he has no feelings of remorse. To answer your question though, his belief that nothing matters and that everything is meaningless can cause him to hurt or kill people in order to achieve whatever arbitrary "plan" or "motive" is swimming in his head at the time.

Note: Post number 6000

If this is still open im very interested in joining

ThreeWords:

Why so serious? Snip

finished my character sheet, would have done it sooner but exam stuff got in the way but it is out of the way now.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here