"The Grasp of the Enemy" An Original Skyrim RP

Welcome to "Grasp of the Enemy" an original Skyrim RP designed for 6 players (don't worry, there are no spoilers).

This RP works as an interactive story where players must come up with solutions to solve the lot, using the skills their party possesses.

Plot developments, decisions and challenges for the party to solve will be posed by the Gamemaster at the start of each turn.

Let me explain quickly how his work, each 'turn' there will be a 'group leader' (the group leader cycles each turn ensuring everyone gets to make an equal amount of decisions) the group leader will chose how to respond to the problems of last turn and what direction the party should head in.

On top of this most turns will have specific decisions aimed at several specific players, which they must also react to (after the group leader has made his reaction).

Finally there are 'secret' decisions - these decisions are pm'd directly to the player (by the gamemaster) and he must pm a reply. These decisions represent the secret plots and wants of the characters and can dramatically shift the balance to power, or even alignment in the group. - This is an RP where you never know quite who to trust!

Like Skyrim, the threats in this RP are very dangerous and your characters can die if you make bad choices, so be careful!

Finally! as said this is designed for 6 players, more players cold be accommodated, but it depends how popular this is. As such the first 6 players to submit their character sheets below will be guaranteed a place.

Your character sheet should include Name, Race (a 'seen' Elder Scrolls Race), Class, Previous occupation and any distinguishing character info (ie noticeable features or important historical events, keep it brief). Look at the other characters playing and try and be a bit different, while this game doesn't call for a wide variety of classes 6 Dark Elf assassins might be a bit dull. So thats it! Sign up!

As a side note, I've run a popular thread like his on the Bethsoft forum for Olivion, lets hope it works again.

Eh sounds nice, why not? Be right back need to get my Fancy Arse Sheet of Cyrodil and such.

Hopefully you'll allow the Dark Brotherhood part of the backstory, but if you don't, let me know and I'll change it.

I made this character for another TES RP I didn't get into, however, it should prove well enough.

I got rejected by the other thread too!
I'll make a new Char for this though, seems like you have your share of sneaky people.

Hi! I started a Elder Scrolls thing, and people just stopped posting. It was very sad. Anyway, I'm just gonna more or less import my guy from there, I liked him.

Thought we had enough rouges and magic users, so I've decided to make the warrior. ;)

So, we have:
1 Pure Wizard
2 Rogues/Assassins
1 Shadow Caster
1 Battle Mage
1 Berserker

Sound about right?

Yeah, sounds right, to me at least.

Excellent, all characters are legit, so lets begin

The sun is rising over Solitude, partially obscured by the mid-morning flurry of snow. A usual day then, if it weren't for the party of 6 men marching out of the city gates. Indeed this is no ordinary party of adventurers for few of the men have ever seen each other before, but it seems that fate has decreed such a large party should be quitting Solitude all at the same time.

You are equipped in heavy travellers cloaks, your armour (if you have any) is already stored in chests and loaded onto the wagon that you are climbing aboard.

The wagon is headed for Whiterun and from the central province of Skyrim you each intend on heading your own way, on your own business. None of you are particularly happy about being in such a large company, large groups attract unwanted attention, especially in these turbulent times. Furthermore your travelling companions are a little on the... odd side, even b Skyrim's standards.

The Wagon is about to set off, when Zavier Martres, ever clear headed hatches an idea. Although you're sure the group could handle a bunch of troublesome Imperials or Stormcloaks, it would be better if you had a disguise in order to avoid unwanted attention. After all you all ave business to attend to, needless bloodshed on the road would only cause complications.

Zavier Martres It is your turn, choose a disguise and cover story to travel under.

Zavier looked around at his companions. A loner by nature, Zavier usually avoided groups, preferring to deal with people singly. However, this time there was no alternative. Skyrim was the perfect place to begin amassing wealth. Scattered all across the land, he knew that there were lost treasures waiting to be found, and with most of the kingdom embroiled in civil war there were plenty of opportunities for... enterprising individuals, like himself, to make money very quickly. Unfortunately, Zavier had to acknowledge that he wasn't the only one taking advantage of Skyrim's current situation, recently bandits had been multiplying all across the countryside, choking trade and travel down to almost nothing.

So far, none of his companions had seemed interested in talking, which suited Zavier fine. Still, it was better to be prepared for anything, and Zavier certainly didn't want to divulge his reasons for coming to Skyrim, not to these strangers. A farmer, he thought. It was an old story, one he had used countless times before, he was a simple farmer, in the area to do business, wouldn't be staying long, too dangerous. Zavier considered that story for a moment, things were dangerous, and he did feel a bit... conspicuous in his current attire.

Reaching into his bag, Zavier pulled out a simple straw hat and a ratty old cloak. With the hat pulled low and the cloak covering his coat he felt a bit better. It wasn't a great disguise, but it didn't have to be. Unless someone looked closely he'd look like nothing more than a simple farmer, certainly no one wealthy or dangerous enough for any passing bandits to pay attention to...

OoC: I'm guessing this is dead now?

Yes. Gm account is deleted

Ahh such a same...
I've never been in an RP before or i would take over the GM.
Anybody else fancy doing that or at least making another one?

@Mozza: There's usually at least 1 new RP starting per day, seems like.

Malyc:
@Mozza: There's usually at least 1 new RP starting per day, seems like.

Yeah i'll have to keep an eye out.
Just fancied an Elder Scroll one that's all.

Seriously!? All that hype and then he just leaves without a word?

Mozza444:

Just fancied an Elder Scroll one that's all.

I was GMing one, but the players let it die. Twas sad.

TheDarkEricDraven:

Well if you ever start another let me know i'll be the first to sign up.

Mozza444:

TheDarkEricDraven:

Well if you ever start another let me know i'll be the first to sign up.

Me too. I was looking forward to this.

@TheDark: Me 3. I'm in if you make one

TheDarkEricDraven:

Arrogancy:

Malyc:

Making one now, it'll be a while until i get it started (Maybe next weekend)
I'll invite you all to group:
TES: Rise of the Dwemer

Feel free to use the chat until we start properly.
Also if you want to, throw a few ideas my way for story.
We will be using dice rolls too.

Question: May I use my character from this RP? I haven't really used him much at all yet, and I'd like to.

Another question: Are the dice rolls going to be imbedded in the thread? or how is that going to be done?

Arrogancy:
Question: May I use my character from this RP? I haven't really used him much at all yet, and I'd like to.

Yes.
With a few modifications to suit my story it will be fine.
Also you need a picture for your guy.

If you find another just put it in your character sheet.
(I'll be making the thread later in the week)

Malyc:
Another question: Are the dice rolls going to be imbedded in the thread? or how is that going to be done?

They are in the RP group, i have sent you an invite.
Feel free to chat in there and play with the rolls untill we get started properly.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here